(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,265 posts
  • 1,090 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 hours ago by BurntBiscuit
  • Topic is favorited by 555 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg
dp27 (resized).jpg
dp16 (resized).jpg
IMG_2260 (resized).jpg
IMG_2259 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,265 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 326.
#4751 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

You can buy figures cheap on eBay, instead of plastic![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Few people asked again.

If you reference these pics- I bought the toys on eBay (they are right size) and I bought the trex and megladon at Michaels (and painted him darker blue with spray paint). They were all really cheap.

#4752 4 years ago

Dumb question:
Big difference in play from code 1.0 to 1.02?
I updated today and don’t see a huge difference.
What an awesome pin, though.
Love it!

#4753 4 years ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

Dumb question:
Big difference in play from code 1.0 to 1.02?
I updated today and don’t see a huge difference.
What an awesome pin, though.
Love it!

1.01 was a pretty good bump. 1.02 was more like a mini-maintenance/fixup release.

LE V1.02.0 - May 13, 2019
=========================
- Added Adjustment - "LIL DP START REQUIRES BALL LOCK" (Default is YES).
- YES: The ball must be locked behind the Lil' Deadpool drop targets in order
to start a Lil' Deadpool mode. (This was the default behavior in v1.00.0).
- NO: When the Lil' Deadpool is lit GREEN for lock and the Lil' Deadpool stand-up
target is hit, the device will attempt to lock the ball behind the drop targets.
If the ball is not locked within 4 seconds, the next Lil' Deadpool mode will start
automatically. (This was the default behavior in v1.01.0).
This adjustment is ignored if the "DISABLE LIL DP TARGET BANK" adjustment is set to YES.
- Fixed: Right orbit switch was ignored for 2 seconds after ball leaves shooter lane.
- Updated Super Skill Shot: timer increased from 3 seconds to 5 seconds.
- Updated Ninjapocalypse: awards 5M, 5.5M, 6M, ... 10M max.
- Updated Ninjapocalypse display: added score and ninjas collected.
- Snikt display: added playfield multiplier value.

LE V1.01.0 - May 8, 2019
========================
- Updated LIL' DEADPOOL LOCK Device:
- Improved ball lock handling. If the drop targets do not stay up when
the devices attempts to catch the ball, retry the drop target reset
up to 3 times. If the ball is not successfully locked within 4 seconds
of hitting the Lil Deadpool target, start the next qualified
Lil Deadpool mode.
- Improved ball lock-out handling. In the lock-out state, the drop
targets are reset whenever they are hit. If the ball gets behind the
drop targets when the device is in this state, lower the drop targets
to release the ball.
- Adjustment: "DISABLE LIL DP TARGET BANK" - when this adjustment is set to YES,
the Lil Deadpool drop targets will never reset and the Lil Deadpool device
will not be unable to lock balls. Rules that rely on locking a ball in the
Lil Deadpool device will compensate; the following rules are effected:
- Lil Deadpool Multiball, Frenzy, and Bounce
- T-Rex Quest
- Mr. Sinister: Megakrakolodonus Rex
- Mr. Sinister: The Final Battle
- Adjustment removed: "LIL DEADPOOL LOCKS BALLS" (Lil' Deadpool device will
always attempt to lock balls unless "DISABLE LIL DP TARGET BANK" is set to YES.
- Adjustment added: "BALL SAVE TIMER: LDP RECENT LOCK" (Default 0 seconds). If this
is set to a value greater than 0 seconds, a ball saver will start as soon as the
Lil' Deadpool target is hit to initiate a ball lock attempt.
- Updated switch test: do not reset Lil Deadpool drop target bank when the
Lil Deadpool target is closed in switch test.
- Updated T-REX QUEST:
Updated rules:
- At mode start
- All arrow shots are lit.
- Lil Deadpool drop targets stay up when hit.
- When a lit arrow shot is made
- Shot is unlit.
- Lil Deadpool drop targets trip down.
- T-Rex hurry up starts on the Lil Deadpool stand up target (12 seconds).
- If another lit shot is made, the hurry-up value is boosted and time is added.
- If hurry-up times out, drop targets are reset. If no shots are lit when the
hurry-up times out, all shots are relit.
- When the lit Lil Deadpool stand up target is hit,
- Collect hurry-up award.
- All shots are relit.
- Collect the hurry-up 4 times to light the scoop to collect DNA.
- Shoot lit scoop to collect DNA sample and complete the mode.
- If ball is drained while scoop is lit, the mode is completed.
Updated display:
- Display T-Rex Hurry-Up value when it is available at the Lil Deadpool target
- Updated WEAPON JACKPOT award:
- 100, 200, 300 weapons ... bump playfield multiplier minimum for the rest of the game.
- Updated MYSTERY: If Extra Ball is Lit, do not award Light Extra Ball from MYSTERY.
- Updated LIL' DEADPOOL FRENZY: switch value increases by 100k each time the
mode is restarted. Max switch value is 400k.
- Fixed REGENERATE - during multiball, a ball going down the left outlane with
Regenerate lit would intermittently not award a ball save.
- Added formatted game pricing to attract mode screens.

- System V2.27:
- Updated to nodeboard firmware v0.40.0
- Updated instructions for RESTORE SETTINGS.
- Reordered items in UTIL->VOL, moved CABINET SPEAKER TYPE to be after
BACKBOX SPEAKER TYPE.
- Added UTIL->RESET->VOL which will reset all audio settings to their
default values.
- Append (MAX) to the credit message if the number of credits equals
the CREDIT LIMIT adjustment.

#4754 4 years ago

So I just got a premium and it has code Version 1.03? I have no idea what the differences are.

#4755 4 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

So I just got a premium and it has code Version 1.03? I have no idea what the differences are.

Do the 1s on the mystery wheel have weird spacing (almost like double spacing after them)? That'd be the easiest thing to check. Tanio said that would be fixed way back in June.

#4756 4 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

It has the interlock support, not more.

#4757 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

It has the interlock support, not more.

I received my Pro in early September and it is 1.03.

The one's still don't look right.

I remember reading that the interlock support is the only difference from 1.02.

The game is great already, but it would be sweet if they added a little more like expanding the high score tables.

#4758 4 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

The game is great already, but it would be sweet if they added a little more like expanding the high score tables.

Yes, it's essential for a modern game.

#4759 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Yes, it's essential for a modern game.

Stern know we all want this so hopefully next update

#4760 4 years ago

My Premium is on a truck and should be here Monday.

Rob

#4761 4 years ago

I have a new pinball term to describe Deadpool...Precision Flow.

#4762 4 years ago

Enzo got tired waiting for his turn...

IMG_E7405 (resized).JPGIMG_E7405 (resized).JPG
#4763 4 years ago

I see some of the blue team up inserts are lit at the start of Sauron multiball. Haven't figured out what, if anything, they do yet? I don't think you have to qualify them first. I think they just show up automatically. Do they help with scoring? They for combo's or something? v1.02

Just got the game recently. I probably shouldn't even bother to turn it off when I'm home. Because a few minutes later I'm right back there for another game. So much fun

#4764 4 years ago

With all the talk about moving the snkkt target to its intended position. Did anyone move it to only find its worse? Im kind of nervous to try!!

#4765 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

With all the talk about moving the snkkt target to its intended position. Did anyone move it to only find its worse? Im kind of nervous to try!!

It's about the same for me. Maybe a smidge harder, but not bad. I'd rather have it as intended, but I need to put a brace on it do it doesn't slide to the side again from repeated side hits.

#4766 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's about the same for me. Maybe a smidge harder, but not bad. I'd rather have it as intended, but I need to put a brace on it do it doesn't slide to the side again from repeated side hits.

Just tighten the screws holding the target together and it should be fine. They are never tightened enough from the factory.

Rob

#4767 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Just tighten the screws holding the target together and it should be fine. They are never tightened enough from the factory.
Rob

Tightening the screws didn't help me and the splint didn't keep the Snikt target from moving for me either... maybe since it's a large target and the side angle of the hits, it is going to keep moving.

I made a temporary add on to wedge a "stop" between the target and the playfield cutout. Seems to be working after a dozen or so games. See how long it keeps the target from moving.
IMG_7407[1] (resized).JPGIMG_7407[1] (resized).JPG

#4768 4 years ago

Got my new-to-me Pro and made my own topper with GI strip lighting and a Wolverine from some Amazon toys. More toys in the mail!

IMG_20191202_185140 (resized).jpgIMG_20191202_185140 (resized).jpgIMG_20191202_185157 (resized).jpgIMG_20191202_185157 (resized).jpg
#4769 4 years ago

I adjusted my snikt target so its no longer resting on the metal edge. You gotta be careful because if you move it too far in, sometimes when you shoot the katana ramp shot the ball will graze the snikt target before going up the ramp and trigger snikt. I widened the switch gap a bit today and that helped. Be sure to check your snikt switch gap also. So far its been a week and i haven't had to realign the target. I might slightly move it closer to metal rim again though if it keeps getting grazed and triggering snikt. There are 2 places you can adjust the switch. The actual target stem itself attached to the switch, or the bracket that holds the entire switch mech to the table.

I see no change in the easiness of the shot either way. It seems like a luck shot to me. I really think its due to the flippers being angled slightly lower.

#4770 4 years ago

DP Premium arrived today. Everything seems good so far too. Born date is Oct 07, 2019. It has an interlock switch and code 1.03 as others have reported. I also noticed the playfield has been changed just like JP with no artwork under the posts any more.

Rob

20191203_214558 (resized).jpg20191203_214558 (resized).jpg
#4771 4 years ago

Any LE owners feel like selling their vinyl record? PM me. Let's make a deal!

#4772 4 years ago

Busted plastic. Anyone know what to do in this case?

IMG_20191205_1932306 (resized).jpgIMG_20191205_1932306 (resized).jpg
#4773 4 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

Busted plastic. Anyone know what to do in this case?[quoted image]

Call stern for replacement

#4774 4 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

Light that shit on fire and walk away.

#4775 4 years ago

Hey thread-posters -- stop posting !

Been reading this thread for a few days now and I'm only on page 48 of 96, reading every post, & making notes on what tweaks to do and mods to buy.

After playing dozens & dozens of games on a DP Pro (and achieving a full splat) at a local barcade for the last year or so, decided to get a DP Premium after playing an LE at a pin museum & decided Premium over Pro, although the Pro is a ton of fun.

It'll arrive in 10 days or so - can't wait !

#4776 4 years ago
Quoted from Humph:

Hey thread-posters -- stop posting !
Been reading this thread for a few days now and I'm only on page 48 of 96, reading every post, & making notes on what tweaks to do and mods to buy.
After playing dozens & dozens of games on a DP Pro (and achieving a full splat) at a local barcade for the last year or so, decided to get a DP Premium after playing an LE at a pin museum & decided Premium over Pro, although the Pro is a ton of fun.
It'll arrive in 10 days or so - can't wait !

Lots of fun coming your way. DP Premium is fantastic.

#4777 4 years ago

Is there a particular Stern Shaker that is compatible with DP & JP? A link would be much appreciated!

#4778 4 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Is there a particular Stern Shaker that is compatible with DP & JP? A link would be much appreciated!

We use the pinball life ones. Work great and the price is right:

https://www.pinballlife.com/shaker-motor-kit-rev-c-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-games.html

The only one I would warn you away from is the cointaker red tremor. It makes very unpleasant shaking, more like a jackhammer than anything else in the segment.

#4779 4 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

Buy a new one or CA-glue.

#4780 4 years ago

I don't get this. People spend $7,000+ on pinball machines and then save $20 on a knock off shaker motor? Some work well, some don't. At one point they all had problems, plus it voids your warranty.

Quoted from PinMonk:

We use the pinball life ones. Work great and the price is right:

https://www.pinballlife.com/shaker-motor-kit-rev-c-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-games.html

The only one I would warn you away from is the cointaker red tremor. It makes very unpleasant shaking, more like a jackhammer than anything else in the segment.

#4781 4 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Stern official shaker for spike games. It works great and won't affect any warranty

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/502-5027-01

#4782 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I don't get this. People spend $7,000+ on pinball machines and then save $20 on a knock off shaker motor? Some work well, some don't. At one point they all had problems, plus it voids your warranty.

Pinball life sells both versions, sterns and their own. I’ve bought both. I typically have had a more pleasant experience with the Pinball life ones than the official ones. They seem slightly less jerky, but that could be a mental thing - just my experience.

The cointaker red tremor is complete garbage. (Sorry Chris and Melissa).

#4783 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

We have had zero problems with the pinball life shakers on well over 10 route machines, and they feel "smoother" than the Stern ones somehow. It's more about the feel than the $20.

#4784 4 years ago

For a newb, I recommend the official shaker.

Quoted from PinMonk:

We have had zero problems with the pinball life shakers on well over 10 route machines, and they feel "smoother" than the Stern ones somehow. It's more about the feel than the $20.

#4785 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

For a newb, I recommend the official shaker.

Why? The pinball life one is great.

There's literally no reason to go with the Stern one except brand loyalty.

#4786 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Why? The pinball life one is great.
There's literally no reason to go with the Stern one except brand loyalty.

I have been using the Pinball Life shaker in my Deadpool Pro since mid-September with Zero issues. Install was super easy as well.

The feel of the shaker is almost exactly like the OEM shaker in my 1993 DE Jurassic Park that I've owned since 2001.

I have no hesitations in recommending the Pinball Life Shaker.

#4787 4 years ago

To a newb? Just so I understand, you are recommending a newb install a 3rd party shaker motor, save $20 on his $5,000+ game and void his warranty? The guy asking was very new to pinball and had a couple of very new games. It's not certain, but not a huge stretch that he bought them new.

This is my last post on this, I'm glad your happy with your $20 cheaper shaker motor, but to recommend a person who needs a warranty the most, void it over $20 is crazy.

You're happy with them, keeping buying them. You guys enjoy them, but that isn't the point.

Quoted from awesome1:

I have been using the Pinball Life shaker in my Deadpool Pro since mid-September with Zero issues. Install was super easy as well.
The feel of the shaker is almost exactly like the OEM shaker in my 1993 DE Jurassic Park that I've owned since 2001.
I have no hesitations in recommending the Pinball Life Shaker.

#4788 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

To a newb? Just so I understand, you are recommending a newb install a 3rd party shaker motor, save $20 on his $5,000+ game and void his warranty? The guy asking was very new to pinball and had a couple of very new games. It's not certain, but not a huge stretch that he bought them new.
This is my last post on this, I'm glad your happy with your $20 cheaper shaker motor, but to recommend a person who needs a warranty the most, void it over $20 is crazy.
You're happy with them, keeping buying them. You guys enjoy them, but that isn't the point.

Technically, if you put ANY mod on a $5000+ game, you've voided the warranty. So are you recommending n00bs be prohibited from modding their $5000+ game at all? Plain vanilla or nothing as punishment for their n00b-ness?

Bearing that fact in mind, it's just not a concern in the real pinball world, especially with long-proven commodity items like shaker motors, leg brackets, ColorDMD, lollipop rails, etc. from reputable sources. You're inventing problems to justify your personal feelings.

#4789 4 years ago

For Pro owners, Ebay, a clipped up coat hanger, and three screws makes for some nice figures in the game

IMG_20191207_103403 (resized).jpgIMG_20191207_103403 (resized).jpg
#4790 4 years ago

All this talk of voiding a warranty... am I missing something? You guys getting more than a 60 day warranty on most internal parts that I thought I read somewhere? Heck, it would take half that time for me to actually order and install this supposed evil warranty voiding device (granted, I’m much slower than most).

#4791 4 years ago
Quoted from VonPinball:

For Pro owners, Ebay, a clipped up coat hanger, and three screws makes for some nice figures in the game [quoted image]

Haha! Unfortunate wire placement/camera angle. It looks like Wolverine is taking a standing dump with either an unbroken stream of diarrhea or a log that would make Lincoln proud.

Thematically, if you're going to go the figurine route, I'd move Colossus over by the Hellhouse scoop, since that's where you shoot for him in the game.

#4792 4 years ago

Does anyone have a set of plastics currently off the playfield? I'm looking for some pictures of bare plastics.

#4793 4 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

Take the broken plastic to a glass shop. They can cut you a clear replacement piece from their scrap for probably $10. Or buy some scrap lexan and make your own piece. You probably can't get the actual piece without buying a whole new plastic set. Yeah, that kind of sucks.

Rob

#4794 4 years ago

Some things I wish would get put into the next code update, if there is one:

- More high score tables. Everyone wants this I think.
- Lil Deadpool doesn't seem to have a super jackpot callout. Maybe it doesn't exist in the code?
- A jukebox mode for the music. The game really could use this!
- A setting to extend game over music for the full length of the song being played
- Better on screen information for if something like disco loops is ready
- Boom button should probably be disabled during bonus countdown

#4795 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

You mean like a bigger box or bigger text? It already says it's ready in the upper left corner of the screen as soon as you finish the number of spinner spins required.

#4796 4 years ago

I’ll bet another update is coming. DP doesn’t have the left flipper/start button reset function that other new Sterns have now.

I have to say, this is SUCH a fun game. Really enjoying my new premium. I LOVE the awesome lighting and the great audio.

#4797 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Some things I wish would get put into the next code update, if there is one:
- More high score tables. Everyone wants this I think.
- Lil Deadpool doesn't seem to have a super jackpot callout. Maybe it doesn't exist in the code?
- A jukebox mode for the music. The game really could use this!
- A setting to extend game over music for the full length of the song being played
- Boom button should probably be disabled during bonus countdown

JP already has the high score tables.

I am sure it will happen but Stern time is real hard to predict!

#4798 4 years ago

Hoping for a Christmas miracle and getting a nice update to DeadPool on or before Christmas so I can enjoy the game even more while I am off for the holidays. Please Tanio and team.

#4799 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Technically, if you put ANY mod on a $5000+ game, you've voided the warranty. So are you recommending n00bs be prohibited from modding their $5000+ game at all? Plain vanilla or nothing as punishment for their n00b-ness?

FALSE. I've said this a million times in other threads: Legally, you can add ANYTHING YOU WANT to ANY PRODUCT YOU OWN and the manufacturer's existing warranty remains valid. The ONLY way a mod can void your manufacturer's warranty is if the manufacturer can PROVE that your mod caused the defect you are trying to get covered. Further, you are protected even if the manufacturer claims otherwise, including putting a security sticker over the product that says "warranty void if removed".

The Magnuson Moss Warranty Act is law in the US and supersedes any BS any manufacturer, pinball or otherwise, tries to tell you. Period. The end.

#4800 4 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

FALSE. I've said this a million times in other threads: Legally, you can add ANYTHING YOU WANT to ANY PRODUCT YOU OWN and the manufacturer's existing warranty remains valid. The ONLY way a mod can void your manufacturer's warranty is if the manufacturer can PROVE that your mod caused the defect you are trying to get covered. Further, you are protected even if the manufacturer claims otherwise, including putting a security sticker over the product that says "warranty void if removed".
The Magnuson Moss Warranty Act is law in the US and supersedes any BS any manufacturer, pinball or otherwise, tries to tell you. Period. The end.

Wow, I guess I should have said "Technically...according to the manufacturer."

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.95
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

There are 16,265 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/96?hl=bundy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.