(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,265 posts
  • 1,090 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by BurntBiscuit
  • Topic is favorited by 555 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg
dp27 (resized).jpg
dp16 (resized).jpg
IMG_2260 (resized).jpg
IMG_2259 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,265 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 326.
#4701 4 years ago

Installed a Mezel Mod Target Splint today on my Snnkkt Target. We'll have to see if that keeps it from bending over...

IMG_7348 (resized).JPGIMG_7348 (resized).JPGIMG_7350 (resized).JPGIMG_7350 (resized).JPGIMG_7352 (resized).JPGIMG_7352 (resized).JPG
#4702 4 years ago

I am noticing that when the ball hits the 3 mini ninja targets hard they don't drop. Soft or medium strength are no issue. Any adjustment for that?

Also, is there any setting to allow the music play during attract mode? I hate that when the machine is idle the sound ceases and they fade out the music when the game is over.

#4703 4 years ago

So my shaker motor just triggered in the game and wouldn’t shut off. It kept activating at the highest level of shaking and just would not stop. I had to cancel the game. It kept going. I shut off and reset the pinball machine twice and as soon as the power started to come back on the shaker motor went fully activated and would not stop. I’m not aware of any other issues and I checked the wires they’re fine the slam tilt capacitor is installed and no issue of grounding and no wires were touching so I don’t know what it could be I’ve never had a pin do that before. Anyone have an issue with this in Deadpool or know what it might be? No tech alerts either. Had to unplug the shaker altogether. Otherwise plays normally. Nothing seems stuck.

#4704 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

So my shaker motor just triggered in the game and wouldn’t shut off. It kept activating at the highest level of shaking and just would not stop. I had to cancel the game. It kept going. I shut off and reset the pinball machine twice and as soon as the power started to come back on the shaker motor went fully activated and would not stop. I’m not aware of any other issues and I checked the wires they’re fine the slam tilt capacitor is installed and no issue of grounding and no wires were touching so I don’t know what it could be I’ve never had a pin do that before. Anyone have an issue with this in Deadpool or know what it might be? No tech alerts either. Had to unplug the shaker altogether. Otherwise plays normally. Nothing seems stuck.

Whose shaker motor?

#4705 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Whose shaker motor?

Stern. It’s an LE. Was installed when I got it. First time I’ve had any issue with Deadpool since I got it last Nov 27 actually.

#4706 4 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Installed a Mezel Mod Target Splint today on my Snnkkt Target. We'll have to see if that keeps it from bending over...[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'm not sure the target split is necessary, but it can't hurt. The big reason stand up targets 'move' is that the screws holding it together are never tightened enough from the factory. Every game where I have tightened the screws holding targets together has not had a problem since.

Rob

#4707 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Stern. It’s an LE. Was installed when I got it. First time I’ve had any issue with Deadpool since I got it last Nov 27 actually.

It's running off Node 1, which is the coin door interface board. Page 27 of the Spike schematics (attached) covers Node 1 where the shaker motor connects at CN16.It's all mostly surface mount, including the transistor I *think* runs the shaker motor (a 100A FET (BUK7240) right by the connector). If you have a multimeter, you can try testing that at Q15. If it's shorted open, that's your culprit, but since it hasn't been that long, I'd just call Stern tech support tomorrow and see if they can verify that and just swap out for a new board. 1-800KICKERS.

Spike_Schematics.pdfSpike_Schematics.pdf
#4708 4 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

I am noticing that when the ball hits the 3 mini ninja targets hard they don't drop. Soft or medium strength are no issue. Any adjustment for that?

Not really, harder spring is basically the only thing that can help.
What happens on a hard hit is that the drop target bounce back on the ledge before the spring has a chance to pull it down.

#4709 4 years ago

Is Lil DP MB, little more than a throw away to be stacked with other things?

On it's own scoring seems woefully low??

Or am I missing something?

#4710 4 years ago

Same with disco. But I could be missing something too as I always end up using them to try build a big bonus multiplier.

#4711 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Is Lil DP MB, little more than a throw away to be stacked with other things?
On it's own scoring seems woefully low??
Or am I missing something?

Lil DP MB can be huge.
Hit center target 5 times then hit 5 different red arrows. After that rip the spinner for huge points, especially with 2 or 3X running. 100M is not unusual.

#4712 4 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Same with disco. But I could be missing something too as I always end up using them to try build a big bonus multiplier.

Disco MB usually score more than Lil DP MB in my experience.

#4713 4 years ago
Quoted from Bundy:

Lil DP MB can be huge.
Hit center target 5 times then hit 5 different red arrows. After that rip the spinner for huge points, especially with 2 or 3X running. 100M is not unusual.

Definitely have to make some progress. Just a note, after hitting the 5 red arrows you have to hit the little deadpool target again to trap the ball behind the drop targets then the spinner shots light and you can score huge points. The highest I have personally achieved is right around 150 milliion.

#4714 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipnaught:

...you have to hit the little deadpool target again to trap the ball behind the drop targets then the spinner... The highest I have personally achieved is right around 150 milliion.

Correct, thank you for adding.
My personal best is a bit over 225 if I rember correct.
Lil DP MB can be very valuble if played well.

#4715 4 years ago

You guys scoring that high on lil dp mb. Are you on pro? If left orbit loops i could see that super jp be lucrative. Personally i haven't had a super good lil dp mb on my pro yet, but yeah i see the potential with those timed supers. Most people think its not lucrative and stack it into a mode.

#4716 4 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

You guys scoring that high on lil dp mb. Are you on pro? If left orbit loops i could see that super jp be lucrative. Personally i haven't had a super good lil dp mb on my pro yet, but yeah i see the potential with those timed supers. Most people think its not lucrative and stack it into a mode.

I play on a pro. I always bring little dp mb into Juggernaut to help defeat him and if the mb is still active after that battle I try to progress through the mode.
I imagine having that left orbit loop would make it even easier to get a really good score. I typically only make 2, maybe 3 spinner shots before that part of the mode times out.

#4717 4 years ago
Quoted from Bundy:

Correct, thank you for adding.
My personal best is a bit over 225 if I rember correct.
Lil DP MB can be very valuble if played well.

Slowly realising how well DP is coded.

So, many different BIG reward places in the game.

Got 400 million on Mech MB - a real rush.

Boy, do we need the high scores tables on the next code update!

#4718 4 years ago

Holy chimi-changa banga! I'm IN!
SUPER stoked to be in the club. Absolutely loving the shaker and the topper in this one. Bad ass

20191125_203518 (resized).jpg20191125_203518 (resized).jpg
#4719 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Slowly realising how well DP is coded.
So, many different BIG reward places in the game.
Got 400 million on Mech MB - a real rush.
Boy, do we need the high scores tables on the next code update!

Yes, I would love to see that in the next update.

#4720 4 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

I am on a pro. Have not had a chance to try a premium yet.

#4721 4 years ago
Quoted from Bundy:

I am on a pro. Have not had a chance to try a premium yet.

I never got a chance to play a Premium and decided to get a pro but my brother talked me into the Premium. I am glad he did because the Premium is a blast. It does not seem like a lot of difference but when you add it up it is.... These are the differences

1) Diverter to right flipper - this one is a huge difference in game play. It is a great shot and feels so good to hit it
2) 8 more Drop Targets - I love drop targets
3) Premium side art is beautiful and I think the best of the 3 models. There are some that think the Pro translite is better but for me there is not much difference.
4) Molded figures and molded chimichanga truck - they look good and the figures have spotlights attached
5) Disco Ball - cool effects and fun mode. The Premium also gets another mode.
6) Red Powder Coated Ramp - everyone knows Red is faster (j/k)
7) you also get all the plastics from the Pro if you want to put some on the game. I probably will leave them off.

#4722 4 years ago

You made the right choice!

#4723 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I never got a chance to play a Premium and decided to get a pro but my brother talked me into the Premium. I am glad he did because the Premium is a blast. It does not seem like a lot of difference but when you add it up it is.... These are the differences
1) Diverter to right flipper - this one is a huge difference in game play. It is a great shot and feels so good to hit it
2) 8 more Drop Targets - I love drop targets
3) Premium side art is beautiful and I think the best of the 3 models. There are some that think the Pro translite is better but for me there is not much difference.
4) Molded figures and molded chimichanga truck - they look good and the figures have spotlights attached
5) Disco Ball - cool effects and fun mode. The Premium also gets another mode.
6) Red Powder Coated Ramp - everyone knows Red is faster (j/k)
7) you also get all the plastics from the Pro if you want to put some on the game. I probably will leave them off.

Fully agree. Regarding translite though, I bought the pro one and it looks great with the premium package.

#4724 4 years ago

RE: lil DP multiball + scoring. Just some random thoughts:

It seems perfect to me. Multiball balance with code is an art form it seems these days. Back in the day it was grind out multiball after multiball - rinse/repeat/repetition. Lil DP mb is fairly easy to start, but they have a great balance of it not being easily repeatable. As for scoring, the reward becomes great when you get to the final stage of the mode and are ripping the 2 spinner shots. Very satisfying stage of the multiball ripping that left orbit as many times as possible in the short allocated time - It’s a really cool super jackpot hurryup mode built into the multiball.

#4725 4 years ago

So i host a lot of tournaments at my location so am constantly turning extra balls off and on. I am astounded that the max extra ball limit is factory set to 5. Are there more extra balls hiding anywhere? I've only ever gotten 2. The one from X amount if weapons, and I've gotten a random light extra ball from mystery award. I read someone completing both quests lights extra ball, but it doesn't do that on mine, is it really supposed to? Any others im unaware of?

#4726 4 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

So i host a lot of tournaments at my location so am constantly turning extra balls off and on. I am astounded that the max extra ball limit is factory set to 5. Are there more extra balls hiding anywhere? I've only ever gotten 2. The one from X amount if weapons, and I've gotten a random light extra ball from mystery award. I read someone completing both quests lights extra ball, but it doesn't do that on mine, is it really supposed to? Any others im unaware of?

600 plus games played on mine and 2 Extra Balls is also the most I have received... same as you, 35 Weapons and Random Mystery Award.

I've also read the complete both quests for EB, but mine (1.03 code) doesn't do that.

#4727 4 years ago

Hi Guys,
new owner of PRO here. I have a technical question regarding bonus multiplier insert lights...in attract mode they lit up,
seem to act normally, but durring the gameplay when i get multiplier (any number2x - 5x) none of them lights up at all...is that some software bug?
The should be lit according the amount of multiplier you currently have right?

#4728 4 years ago
Quoted from Temujin:

Hi Guys,
new owner of PRO here. I have a technical question regarding bonus multiplier insert lights...in attract mode they lit up,
seem to act normally, but durring the gameplay when i get multiplier (any number2x - 5x) none of them lights up at all...is that some software bug?
The should be lit according the amount of multiplier you currently have right?

The insert lights are the playfield multiplier. They will light up and increase by hitting the SNKT target and then having a ball go up the Katana ramp. That lights the 2x insert. The playfield multiplier will stay lit for a set amount of time. You can shoot combos to increase that time. Hitting the SNKT shot again while 2x is lit will increase it to 3x, and so on. If you collect 100 weapons total, that should light the 2X insert for the rest of the game.

The bonus multiplier is increased by completing the BAM! rollovers up by the pop bumpers. This only shows on the screen and not on the playfield.

If you are positive that you are getting the SNKT target for multiplier, you would need to check the standup target and the opto at the beginning of the ramp to see if they are working, and working together.

#4729 4 years ago

Is anyone able to shoot this or does it just happen?

Quoted from newovad:

The insert lights are the playfield multiplier. They will light up and increase by hitting the SNKT target and then having a ball go up the Katana ramp

#4730 4 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

The insert lights are the playfield multiplier. They will light up and increase by hitting the SNKT target and then having a ball go up the Katana ramp. That lights the 2x insert. The playfield multiplier will stay lit for a set amount of time. You can shoot combos to increase that time. Hitting the SNKT shot again while 2x is lit will increase it to 3x, and so on. If you collect 100 weapons total, that should light the 2X insert for the rest of the game.
The bonus multiplier is increased by completing the BAM! rollovers up by the pop bumpers. This only shows on the screen and not on the playfield.
If you are positive that you are getting the SNKT target for multiplier, you would need to check the standup target and the opto at the beginning of the ramp to see if they are working, and working together.

Now i get it, thanks fro the claryfication. On my other games these playfield insers near flippers were used to show bonus multiplier and not playfield
multiplier so that got me confused That SNKT bounce shot is hard to pull off, ive only managed that few times so far so i doubt that im gonna
see these inserts being lit often

#4731 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

well, it happends by luck, but also when you really try to make it... as its pinball !!!

#4732 4 years ago

Just loving the Snnnnkkt shot

Unbelievably satisfying to hit and love being able to blow up different parts of the game.

This game has remembered that playing pinball can just be pure fun, and doesn't have to be brutal or about grinding out scores.

One thing for next update please.

Some kind of call out so you know when you have a big boom and a call out when you use it!!!

#4733 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

With practice it can be done a few times per game.

#4734 4 years ago

This is a game you can just bang around on and have fun. A game like JP3 requires a bit more thought throughout the game... at least for me!

#4735 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

This is a game you can just bang around on and have fun. A game like JP3 requires a bit more thought throughout the game... at least for me!

I had DP and JP delivered on the same day. I have been playing DP more so far.

#4736 4 years ago

Anyone know what term to apply to what is happening with my playfield here?

Hope the pictures show it clearly. Seems to be "bubbling ".

Have a few more days of warranty left (I think). Would this merit a claim?

IMG_20191124_2026086 (resized).jpgIMG_20191124_2026086 (resized).jpgIMG_20191124_2026118 (resized).jpgIMG_20191124_2026118 (resized).jpgIMG_20191124_2026156 (resized).jpgIMG_20191124_2026156 (resized).jpg
#4737 4 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

Have a few more days of warranty left (I think). Would this merit a claim?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like a pretty severe case of clear pooling. Is it actually lifting off the playfield, or just bunching up? Hard to tell with the reflections. Maybe try to take pictures with the game lighting off in a well-lit room?

In any case, I'd definitely put in a warranty claim on it.

#4738 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Looks like a pretty severe case of clear pooling. Is it actually lifting off the playfield, or just bunching up? Hard to tell with the reflections. Maybe try to take pictures with the game lighting off in a well-lit room?

Thanks for the guidance, much appreciated.

-Winston

#4739 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

PS: I removed the glass and you can definitely feel the pooling /bubbling.

#4740 4 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

Thanks for the guidance, much appreciated.
-Winston

Contact your distributor as soon as possible about this.

Rob

#4741 4 years ago

My custom topper

1 (resized).png1 (resized).png2 (resized).png2 (resized).png
#4742 4 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

Have a few more days of warranty left (I think). Would this merit a claim?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I think that is mylar lifting, not clearcoat.

#4743 4 years ago
Quoted from Returner:

I think that is mylar lifting, not clearcoat.

Definitely Mylar which is lifting. Not the clearcoat. Luckily

#4744 4 years ago

My mylar has lifted in the exact same spot. Posted about it about a year ago and got no suggestions. Hasnt gotten any worse and doesn’t affect the play so I might just leaver!

#4745 4 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

My mylar has lifted in the exact same spot. Posted about it about a year ago and got no suggestions. Hasnt gotten any worse and doesn’t affect the play so I might just leaver!

Good stuff, thank you all!

#4746 4 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Yup same on mine. My problem is that the last time I waxed my playfield I got some wax build up under the mylar and it looks like it might be getting worse. Probably going to order a small sheet of mylar to cut out and replace the factory piece with. It's like the piece they put on is slightly too large or just misplaced by a tiny bit and starts to come up in that location.

How hard is this stuff to pull off? Any risk of damaging the clear coat when removing it? Tips?

#4747 4 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Definitely Mylar which is lifting. Not the clearcoat. Luckily

Screw pressure on post causes this.
Ask distributor for new one and replace your old one.

#4748 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipnaught:

Yup same on mine. My problem is that the last time I waxed my playfield I got some wax build up under the mylar and it looks like it might be getting worse. Probably going to order a small sheet of mylar to cut out and replace the factory piece with. It's like the piece they put on is slightly too large or just misplaced by a tiny bit and starts to come up in that location.
How hard is this stuff to pull off? Any risk of damaging the clear coat when removing it? Tips?

Freeze spray method is the easiest (compressed air can upside down, spray mylar until frosted and it should just release with a minimum of pulling pressure as the cold causes the adhesive to fail. Clean up sticky residue with goo-gone). Unfortunately, it's hard to find compressed air without bitterant added these days.

#4749 4 years ago

Enzo playing his favorite pinball!

IMG_7380 (resized).JPGIMG_7380 (resized).JPG
#4750 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipnaught:

On newer games it is very easy. Different story with older games.
A can of comressed air will take care of it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

$ 64.99
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 16,265 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/95?hl=arcadem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.