(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,265 posts
  • 1,090 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by BurntBiscuit
  • Topic is favorited by 555 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg
dp27 (resized).jpg
dp16 (resized).jpg
IMG_2260 (resized).jpg
IMG_2259 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,265 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 326.
#4651 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

I went pro on Deadpool mostly because I just don't see much improvement in the premium. There are a couple of things I thought were neat, but not enough to make me go for premium. Maiden on the other hand I think premium is hands down the best version and worth the cost. Either way, with most of these games if you won't miss the money then you might as well go premium haha.

I agree with you that Iron Maiden Premium is the better of the two, but unlike Deadpool it's not a 100% perfect recommendation and comes more down to user preference because the Premium plays much differently than the Pro because the mummy lock shots are moved on the premium to the ramp. So on Maiden, I can see someone preferring the Pro and I would totally understand why. But there's no such ambiguity with Deadpool. The Premium/LE is the best experience.

#4652 4 years ago

For what it’s worth, I flipped my lineup and brought in a JP Pro, Maiden LE, and Dead Pool LE.
Of the three, I think I like DP the best.
It’s such a fun shooter with straight forward rules. Love the music and call outs.
I bought Dead Pool on a hunch as my
Pinball buddies said it was awesome.
They were right on.
It’s an awesome pin!

#4653 4 years ago

This game is the biggest pro no brainer out there. You get very very little for the extra $1,600. First pro I ever bought

The biggest change is the left loop which is not only the least important, but sometimes will act like like a pro on the premium model depending on the mode.

#4654 4 years ago

I don't really have a way to say that Deadpool Pro is better than the Premium/LE or vice versa... I have only played the Pro. But I do know this:

I was looking at adding a new pin to my collection after I sold two. (5 pins total / DE JP, Space Station, Independence Day, TZ, DP Pro / sold Stargate & Checkpoint) I wanted something deep that had staying power. I had saved up and bought my grail pin Twilight Zone a couple years earlier and love it. I had gotten pretty good on it and wanted a new challenge along with my other pins. I was considering TSPP, GOTG, Stern Star Trek or maybe LOTR.

After a bit of research I was really wanting a "new style" pin with the LCD screen and a NIB DP Pro or GOTG Pro were about the same price as a TSPP and cheaper than most LOTR's.

I played both DP Pro and GOTG Pro at the Golden State Pinball Festival and decided on DP.

Once I got my NIB, it was better than I expected. I couldn't really hear it at the show since it was so loud in there and the sound package added a new dimension.

Anyway - in the 2 1/2 months I've owned my DP Pro I have been very happy with it! I have around 600 games played and a current high score of 2.1 Billion.

All of my other games I have played less than 10 games combined since I got DP. Sure there's a bit of honeymoon phase going on, but I really like this game!

TZ feels slow and slightly dated when i go to play it now... If DP Pro can make me feel that way about TZ, anyone considering the Pro should be quite satisfied.

#4655 4 years ago

DP Premium for sure.....drop down right ramp is very cool (can’t imagine the ball feeding into the shooter lane on a pro, or does it always drop into the pops). And drop targets for days. 11 drops alone is reason to go Premium.

(Having said that, I have to admit having so many drops does add a level of unpredictability to the ball movement which some people might not like).

#4656 4 years ago

I change the shooter rods on all my games to match the theme. Sometimes I buy the Stern rod and other times I like someone else's better. For those of you who have changed the shooter rod, any suggestions on which shooter rod to get for the game?

#4657 4 years ago

I have MODFATHER's Deadpool character shooter rod for DP and Stern's Light Up for JP. They both are very nice.

#4658 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I change the shooter rods on all my games to match the theme. Sometimes I buy the Stern rod and other times I like someone else's better. For those of you who have changed the shooter rod, any suggestions on which shooter rod to get for the game?

I made one for mine using this keychain: https://www.amazon.com/REINDEAR-Deadpool-Logo-Keychain/dp/B01DOVBG54/ref=sr_1_2

I think someone in the shop sells one using the same thing if you don't want to go the route of making your own.

20190805_214700 (resized).jpg20190805_214700 (resized).jpg
#4659 4 years ago

the left complete loop in the PREM/LE is nice for sure... until pin is set up and it works almost perfectly

else, few/lots of shots are too quick & powerfull, making ball jumping on the sword and than fall on the playfield...
or the other way, a weak shot didnt make it to climb the ramp, ball roll down, ramp which goes up, and ball change again direction while falling slowly in the shooterlane...

now, without any doubt, DP is a very good pin, PRO, PREM, LE, no matter as you cant go wrong

#4660 4 years ago

I've had my DP Prem for about a week and am loving it. Just a ton of fun, like many have posted, makes you want to play one more every time. I've broken 1 billion a couple of times and have yet to see Mr. Sinister (which I love that this isn't TOO easy)

#4661 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

https://cointaker.com/products/deadpool-sword-shooter-rod

Don't buy this one. It's a piece of shit and the plastic sword bits will break off within days leaving nasty edges that cut your hands. Cointaker should be ashamed to sell them.

pos1 (resized).jpgpos1 (resized).jpg
#4662 4 years ago

If you guys are having issues with the ball jumping off the sword ramp from loop returns, a well placed piece of ball dead drop foam fixed it for me.

6862864A-8733-4701-AB28-D683AAD77823 (resized).jpeg6862864A-8733-4701-AB28-D683AAD77823 (resized).jpeg
#4663 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I've had my DP Prem for about a week and am loving it. Just a ton of fun, like many have posted, makes you want to play one more every time. I've broken 1 billion a couple of times and have yet to see Mr. Sinister (which I love that this isn't TOO easy)

I got Mr. Sinister (or what I assume is him, it was a VERY stereotypical vampire guy) doing a callout in Disco Multiball the other day. It cracked me up.

#4664 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I got Mr. Sinister (or what I assume is him, it was a VERY stereotypical vampire guy) doing a callout in Disco Multiball the other day. It cracked me up.

I think that the vampire is Morbius and the voice is from Tim Kitzrow (Elvira, Attack from Mars, Twilight Zone...)
$_57 (resized).jpeg$_57 (resized).jpeg

#4665 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

I think that the vampire is Morbuis and the voice is from Tim Kitzrow (Elvira, Attack from Mars, Twilight Zone...)
[quoted image]

Is Morbius on the game art somewhere?

#4666 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Is Morbius on the game art somewhere?

Yes, on the left orbit, here:

morbius (resized).jpgmorbius (resized).jpg
#4667 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Yes, on the left orbit, here:[quoted image]

Ah, I always just assumed that was Mr. Sinister.

#4668 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

If you guys are having issues with the ball jumping off the sword ramp from loop returns, a well placed piece of ball dead drop foam fixed it for me.[quoted image]

Where do you get ball drop dead foam? Mine only bounces out occasionally but would like to fix it 100%. Thanks!

#4669 4 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

Where do you get ball drop dead foam? Mine only bounces out occasionally but would like to fix it 100%. Thanks!

I get a ton of bounce outs from the scoop where you start the battles. frustrating to say the least. Would drop foam work there too?

#4670 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ah, I always just assumed that was Mr. Sinister.

I've been to the Mr. Sinister stages a few times, but haven't completed all of them yet. Isn't that Mr. Sinister on the playfield?

IMG_7313 (resized).JPGIMG_7313 (resized).JPG
#4671 4 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I've been to the Mr. Sinister stages a few times, but haven't completed all of them yet. Isn't that Mr. Sinister on the playfield?[quoted image]

Yes, that's him, but I thought the other ones that are apparently Morbius were Mr. Sinister, too, which is why I thought the vampire callouts were Mr. Sinister. He's also on-screen in the MegaKrakadonkulus Rex battle.

#4672 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I got this shooter rod from Expo for $40 from Tilt Graphics. Definitely would recommend it!

3DAEC5FC-440D-482D-AD31-F46DAA759BAA (resized).jpeg3DAEC5FC-440D-482D-AD31-F46DAA759BAA (resized).jpeg
#4673 4 years ago

It could help. Exactly how much depends on the scoop design.

Try bending the scoop down VERY slightly.

Also, I’ve noticed, shots that 1/2 miss sound very similar to shots that hit dead on.

Quoted from cscmtp:

I get a ton of bounce outs from the scoop where you start the battles. frustrating to say the least. Would drop foam work there too?

#4674 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

I got this shooter rod from Expo for $40 from Tilt Graphics. Definitely would recommend it!

Looks nice for $40 - I would pick that up but it is $90 on the Tilt Graphics site. Modfather has one for $53. I might get that one.

Quoted from punkin:

Don't buy this one.

Thanks for letting me know - I had seen that one.

#4675 4 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

Pinbits
https://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=131

#4676 4 years ago

Could anyone describe to me how to take the wolverine plastic off? I upgraded the ninja stars to the solid steel ones and the plastic on the right with a blue mark on it wolverine need to go in but I have no idea how to get the clip off, marked green. It almost seems like it’s riveted in

29E3C353-C102-4375-8E39-00C756A14F89 (resized).jpeg29E3C353-C102-4375-8E39-00C756A14F89 (resized).jpeg
#4677 4 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Could anyone describe to me how to take the wolverine plastic off? I upgraded the ninja stars to the solid steel ones and the plastic on the right with a blue mark on it wolverine need to go in but I have no idea how to get the clip off, marked green. It almost seems like it’s riveted in[quoted image]

From that angle, it looks like you have to drill out the rivet.

#4678 4 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Could anyone describe to me how to take the wolverine plastic off? I upgraded the ninja stars to the solid steel ones and the plastic on the right with a blue mark on it wolverine need to go in but I have no idea how to get the clip off, marked green. It almost seems like it’s riveted in[quoted image]

Strange, with my upgraded metal ninja star bumper caps, you don’t need to remove that plastic. The ninja star just goes on over the red dome. Must be a different type of ninja star then mine. I’ve seen two different types of this mod out there.

#4679 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Strange, with my upgraded metal ninja star bumper caps, you don’t need to remove that plastic. The ninja star just goes on over the red dome. Must be a different type of ninja star then mine. I’ve seen two different types If this mod out there.

Agreed - with the Stern ones, which are the ones I got, you don't have to remove that plastic/Wolverine. Not sure about the others.

#4680 4 years ago

Finally beat megakrakaladonus rex. Its a sweet mode! Especially the end callout! Even beating that, and everything but mr sinister, i still only got high score 2. 680 million. All due to the snikt i think. I need to look at my switch, i rarely can trigger it!

#4681 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

If you guys are having issues with the ball jumping off the sword ramp from loop returns, a well placed piece of ball dead drop foam fixed it for me.

i put a rubber pad where a screw is it works good. the bad, it slows the ball down.i think i will try a small post

20191119_081458 (resized).jpg20191119_081458 (resized).jpg
#4682 4 years ago
Quoted from oldmanpinball:

i put a rubber pad where a screw is it works good. the bad, it slows the ball down.i think i will try a small post[quoted image]

Easiest fix I found is to upgrade to a Pro.

#4683 4 years ago

What are you guys using to clean your playfields?

I have minor ball trails for example that would come off if I applied enough pressure with a dry cloth, but im thinking a nice light spray of something would require less pressure, in effort to prevent possible scuffs and blemishes, while picking up the surrounding dust particles and stuff. Light duty.

#4684 4 years ago

Novus 1. Novus 2 for the tougher stuff, then novus 1 to clean off the novus 2. Only use Novus 2 if you have to.

Quoted from Mahoyvan:

I have minor ball trails for example that would come off if I applied enough pressure with a dry cloth, but im thinking a nice light spray of something would require less pressure, in effort to prevent possible scuffs and blemishes, while picking up the surrounding dust particles and stuff. Light duty.

#4685 4 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

I use wizards mist and shine for light cleaning. Does a decent job and a lot of people here recommend it. Great for I between waxing too.

Wizard Products 01214 Mist-N-Shine (22oz.), https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076H9R7HH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_UYP1DbNV4PQA4

#4686 4 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

VM&P NAPTHA has worked great for me. Get's all of the rubber particles off very easily. https://amzn.to/2XA5fd1

I've never waxed though. Should I?

#4687 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

VM&P NAPTHA has worked great for me. Get's all of the rubber particles off very easily. https://amzn.to/2XA5fd1
I've never waxed though. Should I?

Waxing is a very good idea. Helps to protect the playfield. A good quality carnuba car wax without any additional stuff in it is good. I do mine about every 500 games. Really speeds things up for a bit too when it's squeaky clean and freshly waxed. It will protect the clear coat and makes cleanup easier. I use One Grand Blitz Carnuba Wax.

#4688 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipnaught:

Waxing is a very good idea. Helps to protect the playfield. A good quality carnuba car wax without any additional stuff in it is good. I do mine about every 500 games. Really speeds things up for a bit too when it's squeaky clean and freshly waxed. It will protect the clear coat and makes cleanup easier. I use One Grand Blitz Carnuba Wax.

Thanks for the tip. Will try this asap! My only question now is how do you reach the back left section of the playfield for typical cleaning/waxing? It's pretty tight in that area. Everywhere else is pretty easy to get to.

#4689 4 years ago

I use a chopstick and a small piece of micro fiber cloth.

#4690 4 years ago

Naphtha works better than novus 1. Ive compared both back to back on the same playfield. It takes way less elbow grease to remove ball trails with naphtha as opposed to novus 1. Stern manuals suggest cleaning and waxing once a month or 500 plays. So far I've been following that guidline. Typically wax between 500 and 700 plays, ball trails are noticeable after a couple hundred plays usually. I have 6 pins on location. With that same guideline, newer sterns have 6 balls. So i go about 1000 plays on my early 90's 3 ball pins. And gorgar is 1 ball (1979). He gets a cleaning about 1000 plays. He doesn't look dirty, but i think waxing is more important for him since its a classic playfield without a clear coat.

#4691 4 years ago

Paint thinner to clean the PF? Wouldn’t that damage it?

#4692 4 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

Paint thinner to clean the PF? Wouldn’t that damage it?

Works great. I've always used Naphtha to clean all my playfields, then wax. Don't use anything water based.

#4693 4 years ago

Thanks for the advice, just what I was looking for!

#4694 4 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Works great. I've always used Naphtha to clean all my playfields, then wax. Don't use anything water based.

So you put this on a microfiber cloth and buff?

#4695 4 years ago

I think its your run of the mill colman camp fuel. Think you can keep a couple Oz in a spray bottle or will it eat that up?

#4696 4 years ago

I just got done modding the crap out of my DP Prem. I still have to add 2 more custom figures (Domino and Cable) and new coin door lights, but its 95% done.
I also made a custom Tournament button that's flush mount which I will be selling soon. I can;t believe Stern expects you to use the yellow one that is made for slot cut SAM and early Spike i.e. GB and AS, it sticks out 1/2 inch and looks terrible.
Steve and Pinball Refinery did the sword polish and powder coating for wire forms and external parts. I received everything in the mail in 1 weeks time frame. He coated my, TWD and MET too and even got me the rails that I wanted.

IMG_3070 (resized).JPGIMG_3070 (resized).JPGIMG_3072 (resized).JPGIMG_3072 (resized).JPGIMG_3079 (resized).JPGIMG_3079 (resized).JPGIMG_3080 (resized).JPGIMG_3080 (resized).JPGIMG_3088 (resized).JPGIMG_3088 (resized).JPGIMG_3089 (resized).JPGIMG_3089 (resized).JPGIMG_3090 (resized).JPGIMG_3090 (resized).JPG

#4697 4 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

I just got done modding the crap out of my DP Prem. I still have to add 2 more custom figures (Domino and Cable) and new coin door lights, but its 95% done.
I also made a custom Tournament button that's flush mount which I will be selling soon. I can;t believe Stern expects you to use the yellow one that is made for slot cut SAM and early Spike i.e. GB and AS, it sticks out 1/2 inch and looks terrible.
Steve and Pinball Refinery did the sword polish and powder coating for wire forms and external parts. I received everything in the mail in 1 weeks time frame. He coated my, TWD and MET too and even got me the rails that I wanted.

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great, what color red is that for the powdercoating?

#4699 4 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

Well done. I picked up a DEADPOOL Premium last month and I'm having a having a blast modding it. The simple fact that you can pick up the MARVEL UNIVERSE 4" figures, run some 10awg to their feet and to a nearby screwhead makes it semi-cost efficient, too. In addition to the katana handle, the chimi truck fire, a shaker, a subwoofer, a shooter handle & plate, I've placed 6 extra figures on the playfield (T-Rex, Juggernaut, Mystique, Sabretooth, Colossus and Mr. Sinister. I didn't care to add the shark or Sauron and Domino and Cable don't come in the 4" size so I'm probably done after I add the Hellhouse.

...And the MVP mod in the bottom image: Pinmonk's gels.
20191123_154327 (resized).jpg20191123_154327 (resized).jpg20191123_154338 (resized).jpg20191123_154338 (resized).jpg20191123_154349 (resized).jpg20191123_154349 (resized).jpg

#4700 4 years ago

Officially joined the club today. My games came in today and excited to now have JP Prem and DP Prem in the house. Just need my friend to help me move them upstairs. Until then I will enjoy them where I have them and add the Mods I bought. Both great games.

IMG_4827 (resized).JPGIMG_4827 (resized).JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Parsippany, NJ
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 16,265 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/94?hl=vinnie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.