(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,295 posts
  • 1,092 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Magicman
  • Topic is favorited by 557 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240422_042849~2 (resized).jpg
20240420_214553 (resized).jpg
20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 326.
#4601 4 years ago

Not sure exactly how this happened, but while playing my Lil DP apparently decided to try and decapitate himself.

571C1EE6-E140-43BB-99A0-96B79AF55E7B (resized).jpeg571C1EE6-E140-43BB-99A0-96B79AF55E7B (resized).jpeg
#4602 4 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

Not sure exactly how this happened, but while playing my Lil DP apparently decided to try and decapitate himself.[quoted image]

Might want to get a washer under the first post on the lane guide to raise it a little since I see what looks like the same clearcoat scratching evidence on the curve of the lane guide that we had here. The guide flexing scratches the clear, digging into it and leaving a white line of powdery residue.

clear-digging (resized).jpgclear-digging (resized).jpg

I just did this and documented the process here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/protecting-katana-lane-entrance-from-playfield-damage

#4603 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Might want to get a washer under the first post on the lane guide to raise it a little since I see what looks like the same clearcoat scratching evidence on the curve of the lane guide that we had here. The guide flexing scratches the clear, digging into it and leaving a white line of powdery residue.
[quoted image]
I just did this and documented the process here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/protecting-katana-lane-entrance-from-playfield-damage

Thanks, I'll take a look at that!

#4604 4 years ago

I......love.......this......game!!!! I'm getting on the board consistently wiping out my #1 score but I'm trying to get into my champion territory at 837 mil +. I can now shoot from the left flipper and bank shot off of the snnnnkt switch up the ninja lock ramp to stack for multi ball. Figured it out totally by accident.

Unfortunately I also found another issue. If all 3 lil DP targets are down and the ball slowly rolls behind them, it some times gets stuck behind the far right target. You can see why in my pic that the far right target is slightly raised which hangs up the ball. The machine will then sense a malfunction in that area and the lights go out in that area until you drain and a new ball starts, the area then reactivates and functions normal again. The only way I can free the stuck ball is by nudging which sets off the tilt, so I either tilt the game and free the ball or just let the DP area die and play the ball out.

Screenshot_20191113-175506 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191113-175506 (resized).jpg
#4605 4 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

I......love.......this......game!!!! I'm getting on the board consistently wiping out my #1 score but I'm trying to get into my champion territory at 837 mil +. I can now shoot from the left flipper and bank shot off of the snnnnkt switch up the ninja lock ramp to stack for multi ball. Figured it out totally by accident.
Unfortunately I also found another issue. If all 3 lil DP targets are down and the ball slowly rolls behind them, it some times gets stuck behind the far right target. You can see why in my pic that the far right target is slightly raised which hangs up the ball. The machine will then sense a malfunction in that area and the lights go out in that area until you drain and a new ball starts, the area then reactivates and functions normal again. The only way I can free the stuck ball is by nudging which sets off the tilt, so I either tilt the game and free the ball or just let the DP area die and play the ball out.[quoted image]

Your targets are sitting a bit too high. There's a screw on the bottom of the target assembly under the playfield that sets where the targets stop. Just back that off a little so your targets sit flush with the PF when they're down.

#4606 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Your targets are sitting a bit too high. There's a screw on the bottom of the target assembly under the playfield that sets where the targets stop. Just back that off a little so your targets sit flush with the PF when they're down

Thanks!! The left and center targets are dead flush with the field.

The right one......

20191113_182646 (resized).jpg20191113_182646 (resized).jpg
#4607 4 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Thanks!! The left and center targets are dead flush with the field.
The right one......[quoted image]

I'd look at the assembly and see if something is different about that left target stop underneath. Might be a burr or something on the assembly that's preventing it from going that last mm down. If not that, maybe something on the target bottom itself (mold error or something?).

#4608 4 years ago

I've also found an area that should be addressed for wear. Behind the targets , when the they get hit by the ball the rear edges of them seem to be denting into the wood which I fear later down the road will cause clear chipping issues. I'm going to forward my pic to Cliff and ask if anything is in the works for that area. I have a similar target Cliffy on one of my other machines.

20191113_182409 (resized).jpg20191113_182409 (resized).jpg
#4609 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'd look at the assembly and see if something is different about that left target stop underneath. Might be a burr or something on the assembly that's preventing it from going that last mm down. If not that, maybe something on the target bottom itself (mold error or something?).

There was a nub on the bottom which I assume is from the mold, I've already filed it down flush.

#4610 4 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

There was a nub on the bottom which I assume is from the mold, I've already filed it down flush.

Great to hear! Thanks for posting the solution.

#4611 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Okay, so is there any "Cleveland" mod for this pin that uses Ryan Reynolds voice from the movies or no? We just got a premium today, so far really liking it, but no clue what we are doing yet. lol

Cleland posted something a few months ago that if he was given a DP on loan for a while and he was going to look into possibly doing new audio for it but I never heard anything else. Not sure if it was in this thread or not.

#4612 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Just to chime in on this, I have given some thought to doing a little upgrade for sound on Dead Pool. I posted in the request for rated R thread, that if I was fortunate enough to find someone locally to let me borrow their game for month or so, I'd give it a shot.
It's so much work to try and nail everything without testing. Especially, based on my limited time with a local game on location (which I can barely hear).
I do think Mini Deadpool represents some challenges, but other things could be implemented, and possibly some music staples from the movies would work I think. Not a big fan of the generic rock and techno music used.

Here it is

#4613 4 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

I've also found an area that should be addressed for wear. Behind the targets , when the they get hit by the ball the rear edges of them seem to be denting into the wood which I fear later down the road will cause clear chipping issues. I'm going to forward my pic to Cliff and ask if anything is in the works for that area. I have a similar target Cliffy on one of my other machines.[quoted image]

Cliffy's three drop targets bank protector fits perfectly on Deadpool for this use. I have one on lil' Deadpool for six months.

#4614 4 years ago

This game does not need Ryan Reynolds. That is all.

#4615 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

This game does not need Ryan Reynolds. That is all.

Agreed. I beat the Deadpool video game twice, so I have spent a lot more time with Nolan North as Deadpool than Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool.

#4616 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Great to hear! Thanks for posting the solution.

It didn't completely solve the issue though. I still had to back the target adjustment screw out a little more

#4617 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Cliffy's three drop targets bank protector fits perfectly on Deadpool for this use. I have one on lil' Deadpool for six months.

Ordering now thanks!!

#4618 4 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Ordering now thanks!!

I also have the cliffy protector for the area behind the Little DP drop targets, but didn't like how it covered the art there, so before even a single play I mylared that area and folded it down over that leading edge. Over 500 plays in and seems to be working well so far.

#4619 4 years ago

Cleland also said this in a different thread...

Quoted from cleland:

Just a heads-up I am aware of this and waiting for Code to be posted to go through the callouts. I do think the video game is the best source of some R rated sound bytes though. I don't think the movies match well with the game unfortunately, which is too bad as I've only seen the movies and not played the video game or seen the animated movies. Guess I have some watching to do!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/petition-for-rated-r-deadpool-mode/page/2#post-4554487

#4620 4 years ago

So I'm seeing a lot of shots that come down the sword that feeds the right flipper and the ball falls out. Is there a fix for this? Anyone else seeing this with regularity?

#4621 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

So I'm seeing a lot of shots that come down the sword that feeds the right flipper and the ball falls out. Is there a fix for this? Anyone else seeing this with regularity?

I see it happen VERY infrequently (like 2-3x a month, and I play a LOT). If you're seeing it a lot, record with an iphone in slo-mo the length of the sword and that might tell you where it's going wrong so you can adjust. Are both screws on your sword blade tight so it doesn't move at all?

#4622 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I agree with above suggestion - film it and see what is happening. I have around 600 games on mine and this has never happened.

#4623 4 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I agree with above suggestion - film it and see what is happening. I have around 600 games on mine and this has never happened.

Never have it happen. It's my go-to game too.

#4624 4 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Never have it happen. It's my go-to game too.

Same here, never had it happen and I've got to have a few hundred games in by now. I play it every day lol.

In other news I somehow lit colossal jackpot and never even knew that there was a switch there lol. Unfortunately when it lit, it threw off my concentration and I drained. I'd love to know what that could have been worth.

Question, during a game the boom button lit blue and I then hit the ball into a battle with mystique and the buttons light went out. So does this mean that any time the boom button is lit and you enter a battle without hitting it, that cancels the boom out completely?

#4625 4 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Same here, never had it happen and I've got to have a few hundred games in by now. I play it every day lol.
In other news I somehow lit colossal jackpot and never even knew that there was a switch there lol. Unfortunately when it lit, it threw off my concentration and I drained. I'd love to know what that could have been worth.
Question, during a game the boom button lit blue and I then hit the ball into a battle with mystique and the buttons light went out. So does this mean that any time the boom button is lit and you enter a battle without hitting it, that cancels the boom out completely?

Here is a link to a very good overview of all the Deadpool rules: http://tiltforums.com/t/deadpool-rulesheet/4311

#4626 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Not regularly for me but from time to time. I think someone once suggested putting a piece of felt or something on the Katana, but since it only happens infrequently from me I haven’t done that. As long as it doesn’t fall off and go down the outlane then it doesn’t bother me.

#4627 4 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

It turns blue when it’s time to select a battle and/or quest. Then if you have between 1 and 3 booms it will turn yellow. If you collect 4 booms it turns red and that’s a Super Boom.

#4628 4 years ago

Yeah that blue one wasn’t actually a boom, it was just acting as a mode select/launch button.

#4629 4 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Here is a link to a very good overview of all the Deadpool rules: http://tiltforums.com/t/deadpool-rulesheet/4311

Yup, I have this saved on my PC and have been studying it for the past few weeks lol

#4630 4 years ago

I’m debating whether to go DP Premium or JP Premium.

DP- goofy, irreverent fun. Sound effects etc can grate on you after awhile. Katana shot is not easy and a little wonky. Good thing is , even a miss seems to get you some kind of sound effect and score.
JP- perhaps too deep? I played 10-12 games on a pro and had fun not knowing rules. Seems to be a pin for serious gamers.

#4631 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I was wanting the DP premium for a while but tried to find on locally used and never was able to get one. Then I played JP and decided to get a NIB JP Premium. Turns out now my distributor has a DP Pro (used and new) and DP Premium and I was thinking if I should pick it up too. Now I am torn between the DP Pro and Premium since I spent the extra money on the JP Premium do I still want to spend the extra funds on the DP Premium.

#4632 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

DP- goofy, irreverent fun. Sound effects etc can grate on you after awhile. Katana shot is not easy and a little wonky. Good thing is , even a miss seems to get you some kind of sound effect and score.
JP- perhaps too deep? I played 10-12 games on a pro and had fun not knowing rules. Seems to be a pin for serious gamers.

JP rules are fairly easy I think. You can’t go wrong either way.

#4633 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I haven't been able to play a JP yet, but I've watched a lot of video getting ready for when I do. It looks like there are a lot of things to shoot for in JP, but I'm worried about the dinosaur paddock "modes". They appear to all be the same...Rescue-chopper-capture...just more shots or shorter timers.

This isn't the place for that discussion, but DP is very different for everything that is in it. Modes, quests and side objectives are all very individual, even if there aren't as many of them as JP. DP Prem is a great game, and it's my go to right now.

#4634 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I was wanting the DP premium for a while but tried to find on locally used and never was able to get one. Then I played JP and decided to get a NIB JP Premium. Turns out now my distributor has a DP Pro (used and new) and DP Premium and I was thinking if I should pick it up too. Now I am torn between the DP Pro and Premium since I spent the extra money on the JP Premium do I still want to spend the extra funds on the DP Premium.

Deadpool Pro is awesome, I recommend saving the money and getting the DP Pro.

#4635 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I just got my JP Premium yesterday, have a few games in on a JP Pro. Have had my Deadpool since launch. I don't think you can go wrong with either game. I would give the edge to Deadpool right now just because the code is more mature and I am a big comic book art fan. JP is more fun to shoot imo though. Lots of satisfying shots and the code is already pretty good.

So get Deadpool now, Jurassic Park when you have funds for another

#4636 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Quoted from awesome1:

Deadpool Pro is awesome, I recommend saving the money and getting the DP Pro.

Not knocking on the Pro, its great pin. But imo, the best shot in the game is the loopable orbit shot that the Pro is missing. It is super satisfying to rip that spinner over and over, I wouldn't want the pin without it.

#4637 4 years ago

I have a JP LE and a Deadpool premium and I think both of them are among the best games I have ever owned. I don't think you could go wrong with either one but if absolutely forced to make a pick, and I do mean forced, JP is my pick. But, if you can swing it, get both but don't get less than the premium versions at a minimum.

#4638 4 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Not knocking on the Pro, its great pin. But imo, the best shot in the game is the loopable orbit shot that the Pro is missing. It is super satisfying to rip that spinner over and over, I wouldn't want the pin without it.

I'm sure I would love the DP Premium as well, but it doesn't seem like anything is missing to me on the Pro. Probably would need to change my strategies a little when playing the Premium.

#4639 4 years ago

I joined the club - I went with the DP Premium. JP prem and DP Prem to be delivered soon.

#4640 4 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I'm sure I would love the DP Premium as well, but it doesn't seem like anything is missing to me on the Pro. Probably would need to change my strategies a little when playing the Premium.

I don't think you need to change playing strategies from the Pro to the Premium. The Prem gives the repeatable left orbit and an extra Disco mode, but the mode isn't super lucrative relative to other things that are active in the game. Fun, yes, but not a barrel of points. I don't substitute it for other options in the game. Disco Loops and Disco MB are for when I don't have anything else lit. I would think the same goes for the Pro.

#4641 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Deadpool Premium, for sure. The best experience of the two.

#4642 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Deadpool Premium, for sure. The best experience of the two.

I would hope so for an additional $1,600. The question is more if the difference in experience is worth that cost. I do not believe it is, but that's not an insignificant amount of money to me, and the difference between the games doesn't justify it.

#4643 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

I would hope so for an additional $1,600. The question is more if the difference in experience is worth that cost. I do not believe it is, but that's not an insignificant amount of money to me, and the difference between the games doesn't justify it.

Given that you'll get a better experience and the resale will be very good, if you can front the initial difference it doesn't matter because once you sell it, the cost of enjoying it will be almost the same as a pro taking into account the buy/sell price spread, and you'll get a much better experience. It's one of the few Sterns where there's no doubt - the Premium/LE version is better.

#4644 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's one of the few Sterns where there's no doubt - the Premium/LE version is better.

I am looking forward to the Premium. I think you are right about the better resale - i gave that some thought too.

#4645 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I don't think you need to change playing strategies from the Pro to the Premium. The Prem gives the repeatable left orbit and an extra Disco mode, but the mode isn't super lucrative relative to other things that are active in the game. Fun, yes, but not a barrel of points. I don't substitute it for other options in the game. Disco Loops and Disco MB are for when I don't have anything else lit. I would think the same goes for the Pro.

Yeah I do like to go up the left orbit to get the Dazzler helper, work towards Disco multiball and also to drop down through the upper lanes to help increase bonus multiplier... I'm assuming that might be different on the Premium?

I think my record on RIGHT orbit loops is 4 in a row...

#4646 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Given that you'll get a better experience and the resale will be very good, if you can front the initial difference it doesn't matter because once you sell it, the cost of enjoying it will be almost the same as a pro taking into account the buy/sell price spread, and you'll get a much better experience. It's one of the few Sterns where there's no doubt - the Premium/LE version is better.

I debated quite a bit on which version to get. For the additional ~30% in cost for the Premium I didn't think it was worth it in my case.

I actually like the art package on the Pro the best and also the plastic figures better than the molded ones, but I may be in the minority on both of those.

The disco ball is intriguing and I wasn't really sure that the ability to do a left loop back to the flipper and extra drop targets would be worth the additional amount.

I'm looking forward to playing a Premium/LE and maybe that will change my mind, but honestly I like the Pro so much, I'm not really concerned about it.

#4647 4 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I actually like the art package on the Pro the best and also the plastic figures better than the molded ones, but I may be in the minority on both of those.

You're right on the Pro backglass art, for sure. We replaced the Premium backglass art with the pro version almost immediately and set the premium translite aside.

Quoted from awesome1:

The disco ball is intriguing and I wasn't really sure that the ability to do a left loop back to the flipper and extra drop targets would be worth the additional amount.

It's not just the disco ball, but a whole very satisfying, spinner-rip mode that's completely missing on the pro. Plus the disco ball lighting. A cool plus up on the experience.

#4648 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's one of the few Sterns where there's no doubt - the Premium/LE version is better.

I went pro on Deadpool mostly because I just don't see much improvement in the premium. There are a couple of things I thought were neat, but not enough to make me go for premium. Maiden on the other hand I think premium is hands down the best version and worth the cost. Either way, with most of these games if you won't miss the money then you might as well go premium haha.

#4649 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Either way, with most of these games if you won't miss the money then you might as well go premium haha.

I am a buy and hold type of guy so I probably will have the game for a long time so went with the premium. Plus I am putting 4 games up in my loft and don't plan to move them for a while so I thought long and hard on what games to buy. For my Loft I am putting up the JP Premium, BM66LE, DP Premium and SWLE (plus the Rockola Jigsaw). I plan to have those games for a while once they are up there. The rest of my games I have in my air conditioned garage. If G&R from JJP looks good I might have to let go one of my other games. AFM is my oldest game that I have keep, I think I bought it in '06. That one I won't let go either.

#4650 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I am a buy and hold type of guy so I probably will have the game for a long time so went with the premium. Plus I am putting 4 games up in my loft and don't plan to move them for a while so I thought long and hard on what games to buy. For my Loft I am putting up the JP Premium, BM66LE, DP Premium and SWLE (plus the Rockola Jigsaw). I plan to have those games for a while once they are up there. The rest of my games I have in my air conditioned garage. If G&R from JJP looks good I might have to let go one of my other games. AFM is my oldest game that I have keep, I think I bought it in '06. That one I won't let go either.

That's a great plan. It's all super subjective in the end really, everyone has different tastes with these games so it's all about what the buyer wants.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
6,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 25.95
$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Belmont, MI
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/93?hl=gumby510 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.