(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,268 posts
  • 1,090 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by KnockerPTSD
  • Topic is favorited by 555 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg
dp27 (resized).jpg
dp16 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,268 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 326.
#4551 4 years ago

That’s my concern. It works so I don’t want to touch it, but if it got pushed back and should be more centered to work even better than I’ll make the adjustment. However Stern/George intended it to be is how I want to to be.

#4552 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I appreciate that suggestion. Played Hobbit and it is a georgeous pin.All of the JJP ones are and their factory is an hour from me! A couple of things have me hesitant with JJP machines. 1 is cost, but I also feel the flippers seem a lot different than the sterns I typically play. Is there anything to that? In my experience stern flippers seem faster and more powerful? That being said if I could own one JJP machine it would probably be WOZ. I love that theme.

I have machines from eight different manufacturers and they all play slightly differently. That's one of the things i like about them. The flippers on the Hobbit are good enough to keep the ball alive for 3/4 of an hour for a good game at my place. Although there is talk on The Hobbit thread about cooling fans may be needed on the coils for those players who can stretch a great game out over more than 2 hours.
This machine is absolutely epic.

I haven't played Wizard of Oz so can't comment on that one. I have played plenty of Iron Maiden though, and if you want a game that's a contrast to Deadpool i wouldn't choose that one. Good game to play but fairly similar Stern gameplay.

#4553 4 years ago

Done! Posted pictures of the lane guide protection process and a description here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/protecting-katana-lane-entrance-from-playfield-damage

#4554 4 years ago

Thanks homie!

#4555 4 years ago

While on the topic, my snikt target is way past the guide as well and registers just fine. Maybe it was just the switch that needed some tweaking for the other guy?

#4556 4 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

It’s funny, I’ve never seen a pic of DP wedged into someone’s lineup. It’s always on the end for some reason..any thoughts?[quoted image]

Because the cabinet art on all models is too good to hide.

#4557 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

A lot of people think Maiden pairs well with Deadpool, which it does because it's a great game haha. In addition I'd recommend checking out the Attack from Mars remake. IMO one of the (if not the) best pins ever made.

Thx. Ive hear maidan is great but not a big fan of their music. Thx for the suggestion!

#4558 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Thx. Ive hear maidan is great but not a big fan of their music. Thx for the suggestion!

I was not a KISS fan (at ALL), but really learned I could live with all but two of the songs on KISS LE. Really liked the game a lot. Give Maiden a try. You may not mind the music as much as you think if the game grabs you (and it's a great game).

#4559 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I was not a KISS fan (at ALL), but really learned I could live with all but two of the songs on KISS LE. Really liked the game a lot. Give Maiden a try. You may not mind the music as much as you think if the game grabs you (and it's a great game).

Havent had s chance to try it but will try to find one!

#4560 4 years ago

So, yeah, pretty sure having the Snnnkt! target partially on the lane guide is on purpose to give it an anchor point to help flip the ball up the ramp. This is stock, as it came from the factory, and it's the same way as all the others that were posted looking the same.

Therefore, I wouldn't change it, just play better if you're having problems making the shot.
snnnkkt-factory (resized).jpgsnnnkkt-factory (resized).jpg

#4561 4 years ago

Maiden pairs great with Deadpool.

#4562 4 years ago

Thought I’d share this with the club.

We had a kiddo 3 weeks ago and my wife received a professional photo shoot as a gift at her baby shower.

When they asked if we had any ideas in mind for a shoot - Well, you bet I did!

C9A3A0D8-3EB2-4031-906A-BB51C89B6886 (resized).jpegC9A3A0D8-3EB2-4031-906A-BB51C89B6886 (resized).jpeg

*mind the quality, this one was off my iphone

Between hockey gear, surfboards, pinball machines and nakeys on a rug, this kid was an absolute rock!

#4563 4 years ago

When "mech suit multiball is ready" sounds, how do you collect it or start It?

#4564 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Because the cabinet art on all models is too good to hide.

Yup that’s why I made that comment. I think it’s the best looking game ever.

#4565 4 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

When "mech suit multiball is ready" sounds, how do you collect it or start It?

Shoot the hellhouse scoop.

#4566 4 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Yeh, realized that’s what u were saying after I posted. My premium is Also on the end of my run. Looks fantastic.

#4567 4 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Have to say i think Theater of Magic (don't own one but wish i did) is the best looking cab i've ever seen.

#4568 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So, yeah, pretty sure having the Snnnkt! target partially on the lane guide is on purpose to give it an anchor point to help flip the ball up the ramp. This is stock, as it came from the factory, and it's the same way as all the others that were posted looking the same.
Therefore, I wouldn't change it, just play better if you're having problems making the shot.
[quoted image]

Agree.
I think having the Snnkt target resting against the lane guide after a hit helps propel the ball up the ramp better.
If the target is unsupported it becomes to “mushy” and fails to get the ball up the ramp more often.
If the target does not register a hit before it touches the lane guide you can always close the gap of the leaf switch and have it register sooner.

#4569 4 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

If the ball doesn’t activate/register the snikt switch, then you wont get rewarded a multiplier when it passes the opto at the top of the ramp.

Is this definitely the logic used?

I've had balls (in MB) where a ball has gone up the ramp from the snikt target, at the same time as another ball has gone through the opto on the lower part of the ramp and not been awarded a playfield multiplier.

I'm also pretty certain I've been awarded a playfield multiplier when the ball has gone up the ramp direct from a pop bumper bounce, without hitting the snikt target.

Maybe the logic used is if the upper switch on the ramp is triggered without the lower switch on the ramp being triggered award the playfield multiplier.

I don't own a DP so can't do a glass of test, if somebody else would like to.

#4570 4 years ago

The Snnkt target is mounted to a piece of 45 degree angle steel screwed in beneath the playfield so it is already very "securely mounted"; that angle steel and the target are not going anywhere. But, the problem that I alluded to in my initial post (#4516) on this topic is that there was absolutely no way that the target on my game could operate and no amount of adjusting the switches' gap was going to change that; the target simply was pinned up against the steel ramp guide. I removed the glass and tried several times to hit the switch with my finger and it would not register a 'hit'. After I slightly moved the switch I could see a hit and hear a sound effect on the Snnkt target for the first time. If yours is working 'as is', that is great that there is no problem there. But mine would not and so I just wanted to share what I found and did FWIW.

#4571 4 years ago

Okay, so I asked George Gomez and he confirmed that if the target is overlapping the lane guide, that's not right. It likely means the target has slid over on its mounting (as they do) and you need to just pull it back on the target bracket towards the flippers to straighten up the target (no need to lift the playfield or unscrew the bracket).

So, this is WRONG:
snnnkkt-shifted (resized).jpgsnnnkkt-shifted (resized).jpg

And these are RIGHT, after I pushed the target back towards the right so it straightened up on the bracket. Commenting on these pictures, he said, "That is correct. The target guards the edge of the ball guide and there should be a gap between the back of the target and the ball guide.":
snnnkkt-1 (resized).jpgsnnnkkt-1 (resized).jpgsnnnkkt-2 (resized).jpgsnnnkkt-2 (resized).jpg

Given the side hits, I'm sure keeping this target straight will be an ongoing job.

EDIT: Pinball Life sells an anti-lean bracket kit that will keep this target from moving to the side all the time:
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=BK3

#4572 4 years ago

If anyone would like to add this Megalodon toy I hand painted, please pm me. Fits on top of prem/LE truck as seen it pic. It will also work with the Mod couple's "ChimiFire" flame Mod, you just need to by a long screw to mount.

Pm me.

deasdpool (resized).jpgdeasdpool (resized).jpg
#4573 4 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Is this definitely the logic used?
I've had balls (in MB) where a ball has gone up the ramp from the snikt target, at the same time as another ball has gone through the opto on the lower part of the ramp and not been awarded a playfield multiplier.
I'm also pretty certain I've been awarded a playfield multiplier when the ball has gone up the ramp direct from a pop bumper bounce, without hitting the snikt target.
Maybe the logic used is if the upper switch on the ramp is triggered without the lower switch on the ramp being triggered award the playfield multiplier.
I don't own a DP so can't do a glass of test, if somebody else would like to.

Had the glass of my DP so just went down to test it.

Definitely need to hit the snikt target before passing the opto. Furthermore, the sequence needs to be fast - under half a second. Anything slower and nothing happens at all. Well, other than spotting a katara light if it’s flashing.

#4574 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Okay, so I asked George Gomez and he confirmed that if the target is overlapping the lane guide, that's not right. It likely means the target has slid over on its mounting (as they do) and you need to just pull it back and straighten up the target.
So, this is WRONG:
[quoted image]
And these are RIGHT, after I pushed the target back towards the right so it straightened up on the bracket. Commenting on these pictures, he said, "That is correct. The target guards the edge of the ball guide and there should be a gap between the back of the target and the ball guide.":
[quoted image][quoted image]
Given the side hits, I'm sure keeping this target straight will be an ongoing job.

Thanks for checking with George! Looks like I'll be adjusting the target on my game (and agree it's going to be an ongoing job). Interestingly enough, I went to a friends house this weekend and his DP Pro also had the target overlapping the lane guide. Seems like they all end up this way as some point. Thanks again for reaching out and getting clarity on this. With my target overlapping I can somewhat regularly get 2X and 3X - with this adjustment maybe I'll be getting 4X and 5X.

#4576 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Okay, so I asked George Gomez and he confirmed that if the target is overlapping the lane guide, that's not right. It likely means the target has slid over on its mounting (as they do) and you need to just pull it back and straighten up the target.
So, this is WRONG:
[quoted image]

Thank you for finding out the truth on the target placement! I'll have to check mine out as it overlaps the lane guide by about 1/4", but has been working fine.

#4577 4 years ago

Broke 2 Billion for the first time last night!

IMG_7305 (resized).JPGIMG_7305 (resized).JPGIMG_7309 (resized).JPGIMG_7309 (resized).JPG
#4578 4 years ago

My target overlaps as well, but will not budge. Is there something under the pf I’m supposed to loosen?

#4579 4 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Thank you for finding out the truth on the target placement! I'll have to check mine out as it overlaps the lane guide by about 1/4", but has been working fine.

Yeah, I had no complaints about being able to make the shot, but nice to have the clarity of how the machine is supposed to be.

I'll probably put something on the target to keep it from drifting off center from the constant off-angle ball hits, because without that, I can see this target needing this adjustment a lot.

#4580 4 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

My target overlaps as well, but will not budge. Is there something under the pf I’m supposed to loosen?

Depends on WHY it's overlapping. Can you take a picture from the front and top down on the target?

#4581 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Okay, so I asked George Gomez and he confirmed that if the target is overlapping the lane guide, that's not right. It likely means the target has slid over on its mounting (as they do) and you need to just pull it back on the target bracket towards the flippers to straighten up the target (no need to lift the playfield or unscrew the bracket).
So, this is WRONG:
[quoted image]

This should be placed as a "key post".

#4582 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

This should be placed as a "key post".

I would, but I'm not allowed to key post my own posts, regardless of how informative they may be. People complained.

I totally agree, but someone else will have to keypost it.

#4583 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I would, but I'm not allowed to key post my own posts, regardless of how informative they may be. People complained.
I totally agree, but someone else will have to keypost it.

How do you key post something? I'll do it. Then I'll key post your information on how to key post.

#4584 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

How do you key post something? I'll do it. Then I'll key post your information on how to key post.

You have to be approved to get the ability to keypost stuff. If you have it, there will be a little key at the bottom of each post and you click that to mark it key and add a comment for the index. If you don't have the key, you don't have the ability to do it.

#4585 4 years ago

I guess I'm not one of the privileged. I can report it as abuse though.

#4586 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

I guess I'm not one of the privileged. I can report it as abuse though.

It's on the opposite side. Left would be "Drain, Bookmark, Mark Key". Right Side is "Quote, Link, Report Abuse"

#4587 4 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Same here. Overlapping but solid.

#4588 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

The Snnkt target is mounted to a piece of 45 degree angle steel screwed in beneath the playfield so it is already very "securely mounted"; that angle steel and the target are not going anywhere. But, the problem that I alluded to in my initial post (#4516) on this topic is that there was absolutely no way that the target on my game could operate and no amount of adjusting the switches' gap was going to change that; the target simply was pinned up against the steel ramp guide. I removed the glass and tried several times to hit the switch with my finger and it would not register a 'hit'. After I slightly moved the switch I could see a hit and hear a sound effect on the Snnkt target for the first time. If yours is working 'as is', that is great that there is no problem there. But mine would not and so I just wanted to share what I found and did FWIW.

This is the same exact issue that I had and thank you again for sharing your issue, otherwise I wouldn't have discovered mine.

#4589 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Same here. Overlapping but solid.

There are two screws holding the target to the bracket under the playfield, you just need to loosen those, readjust, then tighten them.

#4590 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

If memory serves me right... the 3 villains, 2 monsters, 1 team up mode (the disco loop one), katanarama, chimmi-changa... and maybe Katana multiball?
Yeah... code definitely makes a game. I only got to put one on it today, but it everything from the light show, to the "finishing moves" and callouts seemed new/better/different. The game was okay as it was... but looks to be fantastic now. I'll have to show up early and give it another try soon.

Got a second game in after updating from v.82 to 1.02... High score went from 421 million... to 1.2 billion. Waaaaay better game. Now I fully understand when code can do for a game. Got past Mr. Sinister and mech suit multiball. All villains defeated twice plus the T-Rex... Now have to find out what happens when you beat the quests and villains.

Great deep game.

#4591 4 years ago

Okay, so is there any "Cleveland" mod for this pin that uses Ryan Reynolds voice from the movies or no? We just got a premium today, so far really liking it, but no clue what we are doing yet. lol

#4592 4 years ago

Also are there any must have mods for this? Topper?

#4593 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I only did one mod, but I thought changing the pop bumpers to Ninja blades was an inexpensive but nice mod/touch to the game. Stern sells them as to some of the mod sellers. They have different looks so a matter of personal choice.

#4594 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I enjoy the shaker, I also added an external subwoofer and put my sheet of HD glass on that I had purchased for a previous game. Plus a couple of minor mods here and there. Awesome game!

#4595 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Okay, so is there any "Cleveland" mod for this pin that uses Ryan Reynolds voice from the movies or no? We just got a premium today, so far really liking it, but no clue what we are doing yet. lol

Not that I'm aware of, but the pinball Deadpool voice grew on me after a few games.

It took me a little bit to figure most everything out and that's another thing I really like about the game... It's pretty deep.

#4596 4 years ago

I started a thread about the lil deadpool drop target bank but haven't gotten a reply so I'll try here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lil-deadpool-drop-target-not-resetting#post-5300964

I know there are a few people discussing this topic, but my issue seems different. I went into the drop target test under settings to test it and it really seems to me like the coil is not firing all the way. It's like barely moving when it fires. Does anyone know what Ohm reading I should get off of that coil? I guess I'll try adding washers to the screws by the drop targets like one person said, but I really don't see that fixing this. But I guess you never know unless you try.

edit, oh, also theres no coil stop. there's a coil stop plate with just a hole. but the hole looks like it's supposed to be there, bigger than a blown out coil stop. Any idea if that's normal?

#4597 4 years ago

Is there any way of knowing when say you are battling Juggernaut, you can see how many shots left to finish at the scoop?

If I had 2 booms, can I see I need 2 shots and therefore can use them?

#4598 4 years ago

Other than the health bar on his side of the screen, no.

#4599 4 years ago

I found Deadpool really dark when i got it between the flippers, although it was my first pin.
Mirror blades really helped with that but i put pinstadiums on there too.
I'd never use pinstadiums again, they are a pain, but they look ok and function well with DP if that's your thing. Some under apron or sling lighting could solve the mid playfield lighting too.
I also put a shooter handle in with crossed swords that broke within days and now has sharp[ edges all over it. Not reccomended.
I like the topper on it, love the PDI glass and also love it connected to an external sub.

#4600 4 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Other than the health bar on his side of the screen, no.

That is a shame.

Maybe another graphic on the side would be useful?

Would be to me for sure.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 25.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 16,268 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/92?hl=arcadem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.