(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,196 posts
  • 1,083 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by drwicket
  • Topic is favorited by 556 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7899 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1688 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1689 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240327_001906_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240327_001709_Chrome (resized).jpg
IMG_8452 (resized).jpg
IMG_8453 (resized).jpg
IMG_8454 (resized).jpg
IMG_8455 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240323_200809 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240326_153304_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
20240326_103932 (resized).jpg
20240326_103906 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,196 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 324.
#4501 4 years ago

If you like to do the loop and chain the loops, go for the premium.

If no, go the pro.

These loops are so funny when you chain them that i dislike play on a pro.

#4502 4 years ago

Those loops can get the ball moving insanely fast after a few in a row! It’s an amazingly fun shot but wow it gets you on your toes.

#4503 4 years ago

just a reminder to check the katana ramp entrance (ball guide digging into playfield) and inform that cliffy protectors are in stock. you have to email him to get them.

might be more desirable to use other methods (rubber washers to raise and mylar) to protect before damage occurs.

I found out the hard way after some minor chipping.

20191104_094806 (resized).jpg20191104_094806 (resized).jpg
#4504 4 years ago

I think this game is an example of why not just make one model.? There's not a hug difference, so why not just make one machine with the premium features. Then maybe sell a "LE" with the topper/powdercoat/invisiglass...

#4505 4 years ago
Quoted from rawbars:

I have a pro it’s a very fun bang for your buck pin. But I want the premium. And I want it solely for the flow of the left loop shot all the way around the back of the playfield, down the shooter lane and up the lift ramp to the right flipper. On the pro you can nail a left loop and it bangs into the controlled gate and down into the pops every time. It’s just not a very satisfying shot. If I ever see a Deadpool premium for sale close by I would def look to upgrade.

I don't mind the left loop at all, it helps build the bonus multiplier by dropping through BAM! into the pops as well as getting the Disco spinner. My Independence Day has a very similar shot. Again, I haven't played a Premium yet to compare it with...

#4506 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I think this game is an example of why not just make one model.? There's not a hug difference, so why not just make one machine with the premium features. Then maybe sell a "LE" with the topper/powdercoat/invisiglass...

Not everyone wants to spend 7k plus on a pin. I have a Batman 66 catwoman edition and I think that was worth the price tag but that’s my opinion. Deadpool, the pro has enough features for us to be happy at 5k. I didn’t want to spend 2k more. I actually got offered 1700 and my pro for a premium and turned it down. We enjoy our pro and can put the extra cash into a WCS

#4507 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Not everyone wants to spend 7k plus on a pin. I have a Batman 66 catwoman edition and I think that was worth the price tag but that’s my opinion. Deadpool, the pro has enough features for us to be happy at 5k. I didn’t want to spend 2k more. I actually got offered 1700 and my pro for a premium and turned it down. We enjoy our pro and can put the extra cash into a WCS

I didn't say it had to cost $7k.

#4508 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I didn't say it had to cost $7k.

With premium features what would be the price tag?

I’m all for more for less

#4509 4 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I don't mind the left loop at all, it helps build the bonus multiplier by dropping through BAM! into the pops as well as getting the Disco spinner. My Independence Day has a very similar shot. Again, I haven't played a Premium yet to compare it with...

I agree with this. I hit that left loop so I can advance the end of ball bonus with the top lanes.

#4510 4 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

Most impressive. Did you, like me, "re-allocate" some part of your investment portfolio to pinball? You have done better than I--the most I can justify is about one a year. Need a proper house instead of an apartment --we have a baby on the way...
I think pinball is a great investment because you can enjoy the fruit of your labour/savings instead of looking at a (bigger) number on a computer screen.

No, i've been buying them through my business as 'machinery' mostly, although i've bought a couple out of savings. I live in my warehouse so i try to deduct everything i can.

#4511 4 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

just a reminder to check the katana ramp entrance (ball guide digging into playfield) and inform that cliffy protectors are in stock. you have to email him to get them.

Are they not shown on his site? Anybody have a pic of what his protector looks like?

#4512 4 years ago

Who is the character in this pic? Cable?

ddd (resized).jpgddd (resized).jpg
#4513 4 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

Who is the character in this pic? Cable?[quoted image]

The head next to deadpool in the TEAM UP logo is Colossus. The guy with the gun is Cable.

#4514 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Are they not shown on his site? Anybody have a pic of what his protector looks like?

Check the topic index at the top of any page in this thread. Near the bottom of the index list there's a link to the Katana entrance Cliffy post that has a couple pics.

#4515 4 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

From http://tiltforums.com/t/deadpool-rulesheet/4311
BOOM Button
Use flippers to cycle lower inlane inserts to spell B-O-O-M. Completing B-O-O-M will light the lock bar button yellow. Hitting the button when flashing will spot the highest value shot on the playfield (other than the scoop). Completing B-O-O-M 4 times without using the button will light the button red for “Big Boom”, which collects all of the lit shots on the playfield. Pay attention to colors of the boom button as the game does not call-out when you have earned a “Big Boom”. Current available “Booms” are displayed on the right side of the display.
Note that if no shots are lit or all shots are the same value, the game gives priority to shots on the left of the playfield.

Many many thanks!! Studying now!!

#4516 4 years ago

This is a FYI. After more than a month since NIB, I just found an assembly problem with my DP Premium; you might want to check yours for it too. The SNIKT! target was installed too far toward the rear of my machine and thus was just a tiny bit in front of the metal ball guide beside it. Thus, it could not operate to detect any hits. I had to relocate its mounting screws slightly towards the front so that the target could clear and operate when hit by a ball. A really subtle factory error; who knew? Scores are going to get better now!

#4517 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

This is a FYI. After more than a month since NIB, I just found an assembly problem with my DP Premium; you might want to check yours for it too. The SNIKT! target was installed too far toward the rear of my machine and thus was just a tiny bit in front of the metal ball guide beside it. Thus, it could not operate to detect any hits. I had to relocate its mounting screws slightly towards the front so that the target could clear and operate when hit by a ball. A really subtle factory error; who knew? Scores are going to get better now!

So you never registered a SNIKT! shot previously? My Pro seems to operate properly... still a tricky shot, but I usually get one or two most games and have had the multiplier up to 5X once.

Can you post a before and after pic if available of the mounting location?

#4518 4 years ago

Sorry but no 'before' picture available but, fwiw, here is the target as now relocated. It was a simple matter of raising the playfield, locating the switch (right next to the forward most pop bumer assembly) and using a nut driver to remove the 2 hex head mounting screws that hold the switch assembly onto the playfield. I then, using a screw starter to create the new screw holes slight closer to the front of the machine than the existing ones, reattached the switch.
I had not noticed the absence of hits to the sinkt target because I typically can't watch the lcd while playing and the hits don't create much of a sound effect as compared to other targets. So, I did not know what I had been missing but yes, I should have. What can I say....I am just an occasional player with a few other games that I can play also so it took awhile for me to notice the problem. Any way, I just wanted to share what I discovered hoping it might be helpful to other owners of one of the very best games out there.

20191107_122748.jpg20191107_122748.jpg20191107_122811.jpg20191107_122811.jpg
#4519 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Sorry but no 'before' picture available but, fwiw, here is the target as now relocated. It was a simple matter of raising the playfield, locating the switch (right next to the forward most pop bumer assembly) and using a nut driver to remove the 2 hex head mounting screws that hold the switch assembly onto the playfield. I then, using a screw starter to create the new screw holes slight closer to the front of the machine than the existing ones, reattached the switch.
I had not noticed the absence of hits to the sinkt target because I typically can't watch the lcd while playing and the hits don't create much of a sound effect as compared to other targets. So, I did not know what I had been missing but yes, I should have. What can I say....I am just an occasional player with a few other games that I can play also so it took awhile for me to notice the problem. Any way, I just wanted to share what I discovered hoping it might be helpful to other owners of one of the very best games out there.[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the update and pics! I'll double check the placement of my target. It is an AWESOME game isn't it!

#4520 4 years ago

Bulletproofed the guide at the entrance to the Katana shot today. I think the washer with a mylar ring at each of the 3 holes is the way to go because on the one here, the curved part had started scratching through the clear, making a curved line from the metal flexing. By using a thin washer, it raises that part barely off the playfield until coming down at the mid-point post.

I took pics of the process (which required more parts removal than I expected) and will see if what I have is coherent enough to make a step by step post with pics.

#4521 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

I had not noticed the absence of hits to the sinkt target because I typically can't watch the lcd while playing and the hits don't create much of a sound effect as compared to other targets. So, I did not know what I had been missing but yes, I should have. What can I say....I am just an occasional player with a few other games that I can play also so it took awhile for me to notice the problem. Any way, I just wanted to share what I discovered hoping it might be helpful to other owners of one of the very best games out there.[quoted image][quoted image]

Hmmm... my Snikt target is up further and it works fine.

35971CF1-43DF-49DC-AF20-B47250DBA53B (resized).jpeg35971CF1-43DF-49DC-AF20-B47250DBA53B (resized).jpeg
#4522 4 years ago

On the premium, when do left orbit shots land in the pops and when do they go to the right inlane ? Obviously the right inlane is fed during disco loops and the pops are fed during Sabretooth battle. What about during the other play situations? I have only played a pro so far.

#4523 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I took pics of the process (which required more parts removal than I expected) and will see if what I have is coherent enough to make a step by step post with pics.

Please do!

#4524 4 years ago

Asked before and didn't get a response, has anyone ever successfully changed songs on DP Prem/LE?

#4525 4 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

On the premium, when do left orbit shots land in the pops and when do they go to the right inlane ? Obviously the right inlane is fed during disco loops and the pops are fed during Sabretooth battle. What about during the other play situations? I have only played a pro so far.

Only time a left orbit on the premium/LE lands in the pop bumpers is if the katana diverter on right side misses the ball (takes too long to get there/slow ball). In this case the diverter goes back and the auto launch of the shooter gets it to the pop bumpers.

#4526 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

Only time a left orbit on the premium/LE lands in the pop bumpers is if the katana diverter on right side misses the ball (takes too long to get there/slow ball). In this case the diverter goes back and the auto launch of the shooter gets it to the pop bumpers.

That isn't correct. There are several times in the game where the right gate drops to send left orbit shots into the pops....Berzerker Rage for one. Sabretooth battle as the original question writer noted. There are others as well.

#4527 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

That isn't correct. There are several times in the game where the right gate drops to send left orbit shots into the pops....Berzerker Rage for one. Sabretooth battle as the original question writer noted. There are others as well.

Sorry for bad info! Never noticed that. Guess my example is just what happens when not in modes/battles.

#4528 4 years ago

Well, found the same issue that another member had with the snnnkkt target. Mine too is mounted to closely to the ball rail and only registers when hit on the right side of it.

Screenshot_20191108-210425 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191108-210425 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191108-210417 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191108-210417 (resized).jpg
#4529 4 years ago

Fixed it luckily. I dunno how the hell that passed through QA if there is one, but that thing wasn't even close to correct. No one should ever have to correct something like this.

20191108_222422 (resized).jpg20191108_222422 (resized).jpg
#4530 4 years ago

So does relocating the snik target make the multiplier shot easier?
Mine is on the rail just like the 4 other dp I have seen.

#4531 4 years ago
Quoted from N8man:

I'm pretty sure the Deadpool Prem here is the same way. I think it may be that way on purpose to provide an anchor point to propel the ball up the ramp when you hit the middle or right edge. I'll check next time I'm at the location that has it.

#4532 4 years ago

The ball will divert into the pops on the premium in any of the battles if a disco mode isn't running I am pretty sure.

#4533 4 years ago
Quoted from N8man:

It has for me and the target registers every single time unlike before. Previously the ball either had to hit the right side of the face on the target, or with enough force and speed rolling back down the katana ramps center entrance.

#4534 4 years ago

Just did mine too, also put some new rails on.

IMGP0572 (resized).jpgIMGP0572 (resized).jpg
#4535 4 years ago

It’s funny, I’ve never seen a pic of DP wedged into someone’s lineup. It’s always on the end for some reason..any thoughts?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#4536 4 years ago

Mines usually wedged in a bank of 4 at the front of the shed but i swapped Spiderman for a Pinball Magic. Just waiting to find a Tales From The Crypt to wedge in between Deadpool and Tommy now.

#4537 4 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

The ball will divert into the pops on the premium in any of the battles if a disco mode isn't running I am pretty sure.

Nope; only Sabertooth.

Mystique: Loops around - Stack with Dazzler team up for some cool mode diversity. Add in disco loops for some serious stacking.
Juggernaut: Loops. Best stacked with lil dead pool bounce and/or a multiball.
T-Rex: Loops. But i typically go for left ramp, lil DP for quickest completion.
Megladon: Loops. Great for katana Rama + ninja multiball.

#4538 4 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

It’s funny, I’ve never seen a pic of DP wedged into someone’s lineup. It’s always on the end for some reason..any thoughts?[quoted image]

Sorry...

IMG_5561 (resized).JPGIMG_5561 (resized).JPG
#4539 4 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Fixed it luckily. I dunno how the hell that passed through QA if there is one, but that thing wasn't even close to correct. No one should ever have to correct something like this.[quoted image]

yep, easy to understand of course...

but more easy, well i think, its a design problem : when the ball is hitting again & again the target on the down side, this will push it back to the upper level, and again in "bad" position (because screw(s) under PF will not be hard enough to maintain the target in the right place)

the question is : when taking the pinball out of the box (than with 0 play on it), where is the target !?

if all this is correct, than need a trick (under the PF ?) to maintain the target metal bracket perfectly in place...

#4540 4 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

It’s funny, I’ve never seen a pic of DP wedged into someone’s lineup. It’s always on the end for some reason..any thoughts?[quoted image]

Stupid power switch placement?

#4541 4 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

It has for me and the target registers every single time unlike before. Previously the ball either had to hit the right side of the face on the target, or with enough force and speed rolling back down the katana ramps center entrance.

Maybe a dumb question, but what does a "registered" hit to the Snikt shot do? Isn't it's only purpose to rebound up the ramp for the multiplier?

#4542 4 years ago

I just got a NIB premium I will snap a pic of the target when I unbox it.

#4543 4 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

oh no you didn't!

18faa520b544f059557abc2ba64d3f46 (resized).jpg18faa520b544f059557abc2ba64d3f46 (resized).jpg

#4544 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

Maybe a dumb question, but what does a "registered" hit to the Snikt shot do? Isn't it's only purpose to rebound up the ramp for the multiplier?

If the ball doesn’t activate/register the snikt switch, then you wont get rewarded a multiplier when it passes the opto at the top of the ramp.

#4545 4 years ago

Dunno if the right place to ask this. I own a Deadpool premium as my only real pin(built a virtual cab as well). im now thinking about my next purchase(will be NIB newer game) and wondering what would pair well with it. Id like something that plays differently. I really like the look/theme of Houdini but have not been able to play it yet. Im a huge Star wars nut and love the new comic book artwork and that is a very different game from deadpool. What are your thoughts?

Note-will wait for the next stern announcement. If it is Stranger Things it will be mine......

#4546 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Dunno if the right place to ask this. I own a Deadpool premium as my only real pin(built a virtual cab as well). im now thinking about my next purchase(will be NIB newer game) and wondering what would pair well with it. Id like something that plays differently. I really like the look/theme of Houdini but have not been able to play it yet. Im a huge Star wars nut and love the new comic book artwork and that is a very different game from deadpool. What are your thoughts?
Note-will wait for the next stern announcement. If it is Stranger Things it will be mine......

My second pin to sit next to Deadpool was The Hobbit. You won't find a better contrast than those two, both brilliant in their own way.
The Hobbit is long ball times, extremely varied strategies and massively multiball focused. Instead of the three battles on Deadpool, Hobbit has 31.
The most immersive pinball i've ever played.
It's also extremely beautiful.

#4547 4 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

My second pin to sit next to Deadpool was The Hobbit. You won't find a better contrast than those two, both brilliant in their own way.
The Hobbit is long ball times, extremely varied strategies and massively multiball focused. Instead of the three battles on Deadpool, Hobbit has 31.
The most immersive pinball i've ever played.
It's also extremely beautiful.

I appreciate that suggestion. Played Hobbit and it is a georgeous pin.All of the JJP ones are and their factory is an hour from me! A couple of things have me hesitant with JJP machines. 1 is cost, but I also feel the flippers seem a lot different than the sterns I typically play. Is there anything to that? In my experience stern flippers seem faster and more powerful? That being said if I could own one JJP machine it would probably be WOZ. I love that theme.

#4548 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

A lot of people think Maiden pairs well with Deadpool, which it does because it's a great game haha. In addition I'd recommend checking out the Attack from Mars remake. IMO one of the (if not the) best pins ever made.

#4549 4 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Hmmm... my Snikt target is up further and it works fine.[quoted image]

Mine too; however, I’ve had my DP for almost a year now so don’t recall if this was how it came or if it got moved back. Since it sounds like it is this way even on new games it may be by design rather than a quality control issue. Stern would obviously know the answer.

E58195BE-30C4-48AF-A987-0BF685BEB86B (resized).jpegE58195BE-30C4-48AF-A987-0BF685BEB86B (resized).jpeg
#4550 4 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

Mine too; however, I’ve had my DP for almost a year now so don’t recall if this was how it came or if it got moved back. Since it sounds like it is this way even on new games it may be by design rather than a quality control issue. Stern would obviously know the answer.[quoted image]

I just checked mine and thats exactly how mine looks. But ive never had issues with the snkkkkt shot not being recognized. Now does the ball make its way up the ramp each time? Hell no! but it seems to be working as intended...So Im hesitant to touch mine

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
Led
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball
Decals
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 49.99
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Machine - For Sale
Grovetown, GA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley
Decorations
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 16,196 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 324.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/91 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.