(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,263 posts
  • 1,090 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by ALY
  • Topic is favorited by 555 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg
dp27 (resized).jpg
dp16 (resized).jpg
IMG_2260 (resized).jpg
IMG_2259 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,263 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 326.
#4451 4 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

I agree that the snikt shot is too powerful for a single shot; one that usually isn't even an intentionally shot. The fact that something that powerful can just be accidentally hit by what is usually a missed or unintentional shot is not a good aspect in a competition game.
On a side note does it feel like the flippers are angled slightly further down than other pinball machines? I've noticed it on multiple different deadpools and was wondering if it is intentional or if its a build flaw?

Same flipper angles as BM66 and GB.

No idea why they are angled like this.

It is intentional on these games though.

#4452 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Same flipper angles as BM66 and GB.
No idea why they are angled like this.
It is intentional on these games though.

I haven’t played BM66 or GB, but maybe on DP the lower flipper angle is to help make the DEADPOOL targets/drops that are low down on the play field?

#4453 4 years ago

I've been such a patient good boy...and FINALLY have a DP Premium coming next week! So excited!!! One question, is the music/songs long enough that one could add different songs using pinball browser? Has anyone done that?

And the songs you can download from Stern's website, are those on the pinball already or no?

#4454 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I've been such a patient good boy...and FINALLY have a DP Premium coming next week! So excited!!! One question, is the music/songs long enough that one could add different songs using pinball browser? Has anyone done that?
And the songs you can download from Stern's website, are those on the pinball already or no?

I don't know the answer to your first question, but the songs on Stern's website are only some of the songs on the pinball. There are a number of other songs. I actually think the variety of songs (and sounds) is great on this game and they fit the wackiness of the game well. I'd suggest waiting until you get your game and play it for awhile. My guess is that you'll be very happy with the songs/sounds.

#4455 4 years ago

Does anyone have the lengths of all the songs on the Prem/LE they could maybe post or send me a message?

#4456 4 years ago

Here are the longer files on DP.

Songs (resized).pngSongs (resized).png
#4457 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Hitting the Snikt shot is one of the most satisfying ‘feel good’ shots in all of pinball. I better be rewarded for it through software....both with rules and sounds. I think they nailed it On all accounts.

Oh, and hitting 3 on the fly super skill shots in a row, to start Ninja MB is also super satisfying.

#4458 4 years ago

Joined the club last week with a premium. Installing mods tomorrow I picked up from mod couple and CoinTaker then I’ll post a pic.
Game is awesome!

#4459 4 years ago

I keep getting unknown firmware when i try to open the spk file that i just downloaded from stern's site (deleted and downloaded a 2nd time but no difference) Anyone having this issue?

#4460 4 years ago

Hello , My Desert Eagle gun for Deadpool , I love this game

#4461 4 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

I agree that the snikt shot is too powerful for a single shot; one that usually isn't even an intentionally shot. The fact that something that powerful can just be accidentally hit by what is usually a missed or unintentional shot is not a good aspect in a competition game.
On a side note does it feel like the flippers are angled slightly further down than other pinball machines? I've noticed it on multiple different deadpools and was wondering if it is intentional or if its a build flaw?

Yes the flippers are angled lower if you align them with the holes in the Playfield. I cannot stand it when games are like that. The whole geometry just feels off. I adjusted mine to be normal and I blew the next game up and scored huge. I was worried changing the angles would make the shots harder. Like the game was designed around those flipper angles. I was wrong. It shoots WAAAYYYYYYY better.

#4462 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Yes the flippers are angled lower if you align them with the holes in the Playfield. I cannot stand it when games are like that. The whole geometry just feels off. I adjusted mine to be normal and I blew the next game up and scored huge. I was worried changing the angles would make the shots harder. Like the game was designed around those flipper angles. I was wrong. It shoots WAAAYYYYYYY better.

Interesting.

Also don't like the droopy flippers and was/am tempted to line them up with the lane guides - just like 95% of other games.

Unless there are design reasons for not doing so?

Did George ever give a reason for lowering the flippers?

Btw, think this is one of Gomez's best playfield design he has ever done.

#4463 4 years ago

Align them with the lane guides. You’ll be glad you did. Trust me.

#4464 4 years ago

50 games in. Very fun! 853 mil is my highest so far. Got my mods installed.

E1C0A64D-0906-4C65-8593-6AEE2B8CF331 (resized).jpegE1C0A64D-0906-4C65-8593-6AEE2B8CF331 (resized).jpeg
#4465 4 years ago

Does anyone have a picture of their Deadpool with white leds instead of the factory red?

#4466 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Does anyone have a picture of their Deadpool with white leds instead of the factory red?

Comet Pinball has pics of this in their marketplace ad for the replacement light kit for that area.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1090-comet-pinball/01921-deadpool-lighting-upgrade

#4467 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Comet Pinball has pics of this in their marketplace ad for the replacement light kit for that area.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1090-comet-pinball/01921-deadpool-lighting-upgrade

Cool, I have a bunch of comet leds that they say stern uses for their white. I was thinking about changing out the reds

#4468 4 years ago
Quoted from SpinnerAddict:

50 games in. Very fun! 853 mil is my highest so far. Got my mods installed.[quoted image]

Thought about adding the speaker lights but worried about the light reflecting on the glass making it harder to see. Have you noticed that at all? Looks awesome and I don’t want to admit how many games it took me to get to that score!

#4469 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

Thought about adding the speaker lights but worried about the light reflecting on the glass making it harder to see. Have you noticed that at all? Looks awesome and I don’t want to admit how many games it took me to get to that score!

I bought a sheet of voodoo glass from cointaker. Looks awesome and very little glare

#4470 4 years ago

The pic i posted was with the glass on

#4471 4 years ago

Pic with the glass on. I get a bit from the speaker lights but not too bad

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#4472 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

A general note about all of the Speaker Light Kits that I sell... They all have adjustable brightness and I would speculate most of the time you see speaker lights (in person or in pictures) they are probably set to 100% brightness.

In person from the players perspective, it is usually not distracting or even noticeable unless you are looking for the reflection and if you adjust the brightness down it is even less noticeable / visible.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#4473 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Comet Sunlight, with added spotlights and trough light...highly recommend!

20190804_183358 (resized).jpg20190804_183358 (resized).jpg20190804_183413 (resized).jpg20190804_183413 (resized).jpg
#4474 4 years ago

Plus, you convert you speaker setup to 5 1/4. The speaker light Doug makes for that reflect a lot less and the game sounds so much better. I made a post earlier in this thread and a separate threat that outlines what you need to do.

#4475 4 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

A general note about all of the Speaker Light Kits that I sell... They all have adjustable brightness and I would speculate most of the time you see speaker lights (in person or in pictures) they are probably set to 100% brightness.
In person from the players perspective, it is usually not distracting or even noticeable unless you are looking for the reflection and if you adjust the brightness down it is even less noticeable / visible.
Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

I agree. I have two of your kits. One on Deadpool and one on maiden. I just turn the brightness down slightly and there is little to no reflection at all. And still plenty bright to look super cool. I highly recommend this kit.

#4476 4 years ago

Well, I'm a little behind the power curve but finally got into the Deadpool LE in the company office updated from .86 to 1.02. There are worlds of difference between launch code and the latest version. Just blew away the old grand champion on the first game. There is so much to unpack there... Just saw mech-suit multiball, Wolverine berserker, mode stacking, and an extra ball for the first time. Big difference, awesome game. Going to have to sneak over here in the morning a few more times to try it out.

#4477 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Well, I'm a little behind the power curve but finally got into the Deadpool LE in the company office updated from .86 to 1.02. There are worlds of difference between launch code and the latest version. Just blew away the old grand champion on the first game. There is so much to unpack there... Just saw mech-suit multiball, Wolverine berserker, mode stacking, and an extra ball for the first time. Big difference, awesome game. Going to have to sneak over here in the morning a few more times to try it out.

Wow. That old code must've stunk.

#4478 4 years ago

So what was even ON the old code?! What do you mean by mode stacking? Not sure how to do that in Deadpool.

Side note...watching my 9 year old son get all the way to Mech Suit Multi ball yesterday was a very proud moment. He just needed one well timed snikt shot to get on that leaderboard! 281 mil for him.

#4479 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

So what was even ON the old code?! What do you mean by mode stacking? Not sure how to do that in Deadpool.
Side note...watching my 9 year old son get all the way to Mech Suit Multi ball yesterday was a very proud moment. He just needed one well timed snikt shot to get on that leaderboard! 281 mil for him.

If memory serves me right... the 3 villains, 2 monsters, 1 team up mode (the disco loop one), katanarama, chimmi-changa... and maybe Katana multiball?

Yeah... code definitely makes a game. I only got to put one on it today, but it everything from the light show, to the "finishing moves" and callouts seemed new/better/different. The game was okay as it was... but looks to be fantastic now. I'll have to show up early and give it another try soon.

#4480 4 years ago

If memory serves me right... the 3 villains, 2 monsters, 1 team up mode (the disco loop one), katanarama, chimmi-changa... and maybe Katana multiball?
Yeah... code definitely makes a game. I only got to put one on it today, but it everything from the light show, to the "finishing moves" and callouts seemed new/better/different. The game was okay as it was... but looks to be fantastic now. I'll have to show up early and give it another try soon.

I sure wish my office had a pinball machine! Might be a little loud for a small office with only 12 people.

#4481 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

I sure wish my office had a pinball machine! Might be a little loud for a small office with only 12 people.

It's pretty cool. The first year it was Avengers, last year it was a Star Wars LE, this year it's Deadpool LE. The company actually donated the Star Wars to a military hospital at the end of the year.

#4482 4 years ago

Just took delivery on my DP Pro yesterday. First pin I've ever owned. So excited to get deeper into this hobby!

#4483 4 years ago

Thinking about jumping in on a Premium. Any playfield issues on this title? If so, does there seem to be a “ safe date” ?

#4484 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Thinking about jumping in on a Premium. Any playfield issues on this title? If so, does there seem to be a “ safe date” ?

PF clearcoat pooling with ink adhesion problems leading to chipping. If you have a playfield with the art cut out around posts (cleared wood showing) you have the newer version. However, even the pooled ones can be addressed with a little time and some mylar. I wouldn't let it stop me from buying what's become one of the best pins Stern has put out in a while.

#4485 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

PF clearcoat pooling with ink adhesion problems leading to chipping. If you have a playfield with the art cut out around posts (cleared wood showing) you have the newer version. However, even the pooled ones can be addressed with a little time and some mylar. I wouldn't let it stop me from buying what's become one of the best pins Stern has put out in a while.

The build date on my pro is October 2018, I have not art around the posts and no playfield issues.

#4486 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

The build date on my pro is October 2018, I have not art around the posts and no playfield issues.

Look carefully. There were pooling problems with Stern playfields as recently as this past Summer 2019. You might have gotten lucky. Stern seems to use multiple playfield vendors, so it's playfield roulette.

#4487 4 years ago

When are the key times to hit the BOOM button, and what is it's purpose?

#4488 4 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Collecting the B-O-O-M lights at the in/outlanes lights the Boom button yellow. Hitting the Boom button during a mode when the button is yellow completes one of the shots for you automatically. If you don't use the BOOM button when it's yellow, but collect several more in/outlanes until it turns red, pressing it when it's red during a mode will collect all the shots lit in that mode.

#4489 4 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

If you have one or more team ups lit and want some help quickly taking down Juggernaut or Mystique, a yellow BOOM will "complete a shot" for you and call one of them in right away.

#4490 4 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Collecting the B-O-O-M lights at the in/outlanes lights the Boom button yellow. Hitting the Boom button during a mode when the button is yellow completes one of the shots for you automatically. If you don't use the BOOM button when it's yellow, but collect several more in/outlanes until it turns red, pressing it when it's red during a mode will collect all the shots lit in that mode.

Any idea what it collects when not in a mode? Highest point on field?

#4491 4 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

For me the times that I have seen it lit and the callout tells me to hit it, it has been blinking green. I have never seen it yellow or red unless I missed it completely

#4492 4 years ago

From http://tiltforums.com/t/deadpool-rulesheet/4311

BOOM Button
Use flippers to cycle lower inlane inserts to spell B-O-O-M. Completing B-O-O-M will light the lock bar button yellow. Hitting the button when flashing will spot the highest value shot on the playfield (other than the scoop). Completing B-O-O-M 4 times without using the button will light the button red for “Big Boom”, which collects all of the lit shots on the playfield. Pay attention to colors of the boom button as the game does not call-out when you have earned a “Big Boom”. Current available “Booms” are displayed on the right side of the display.

Note that if no shots are lit or all shots are the same value, the game gives priority to shots on the left of the playfield.

#4493 4 years ago
Quoted from Austenc:

Just took delivery on my DP Pro yesterday. First pin I've ever owned. So excited to get deeper into this hobby!

Was my first too in March this year. I now have 12 of them, but Deadpool is still a strong favourite with everybody who plays here.

You'll be very happy and have made a great choice.

#4494 4 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Was my first too in March this year. I now have 12 of them, but Deadpool is still a strong favourite with everybody who plays here.
You'll be very happy and have made a great choice.

Most impressive. Did you, like me, "re-allocate" some part of your investment portfolio to pinball? You have done better than I--the most I can justify is about one a year. Need a proper house instead of an apartment --we have a baby on the way...

I think pinball is a great investment because you can enjoy the fruit of your labour/savings instead of looking at a (bigger) number on a computer screen.

#4495 4 years ago

A confession: this thread represents about 50% of why I own a Premium. I'd played the Pro lots on location, but only had one game on the Premium at a show. Loved the drops. But mainly it was reading this thread that made me pull the trigger. People just seem so damn happy with their Deadpool.

I am very happy with my purchase.

#4496 4 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

A confession: this thread represents about 50% of why I own a Premium. I'd played the Pro lots on location, but only had one game on the Premium at a show. Loved the drops. But mainly it was reading this thread that made me pull the trigger. People just seem so damn happy with their Deadpool.
I am very happy with my purchase.

Premium/LE is, without a doubt, the way to go for Deadpool. Some pins that's debatable. Not on Deadpool. Perfectly clear.

#4497 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Premium/LE is, without a doubt, the way to go for Deadpool. Some pins that's debatable. Not on Deadpool. Perfectly clear.

I haven't played a Premium/LE to compare it to, but I've had my Deadpool Pro for 2 months and have put 500 games on it, while my other 4 machines sit almost completely unplayed.

Love my Pro and I'm sure I'd love the Premium/LE! It came down to cost for my first NIB game, even though technically my TZ is worth more...

#4498 4 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I haven't played a Premium/LE to compare it to, but I've had my Deadpool Pro for 2 months and have put 500 games on it, while my other 4 machines sit almost completely unplayed.
Love my Pro and I'm sure I'd love the Premium/LE! It came down to cost for my first NIB game, even though technically my TZ is worth more...

There's enough demand that resale is pretty great on Deadpool so you can upgrade to a Premium down the road a bit and you'll love the title even more.

#4499 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I have a pro after debating on a premium. Not worth the extra money I was told by quite a few people. I have a friend that has a premium and he actually pushed me to a pro. I guess that’s why they give us options. I’ve played both and Both models are awesome and definitely the best stern made in a while.

#4500 4 years ago

I have a pro it’s a very fun bang for your buck pin. But I want the premium. And I want it solely for the flow of the left loop shot all the way around the back of the playfield, down the shooter lane and up the lift ramp to the right flipper. On the pro you can nail a left loop and it bangs into the controlled gate and down into the pops every time. It’s just not a very satisfying shot. If I ever see a Deadpool premium for sale close by I would def look to upgrade.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grovetown, GA
$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 16,263 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/90?hl=bent98 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.