(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,295 posts
  • 1,092 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 27 hours ago by Magicman
  • Topic is favorited by 557 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240422_042849~2 (resized).jpg
20240420_214553 (resized).jpg
20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 326.
#4401 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

There is an elevator that raises the ball up and it drops to the right flipper and you can continuously loop it. Just check out the spec sheet. I don’t think it would be easy to get the ball to drop to the lanes from a left lane shot, that’s a right lane shot. It’s moving too fast to drop down in the upper lanes. Also you can set the diverter to stop the ball at the lanes at each launch. Think that’s the default setting.

It can definitely drop into the upper lanes from the left orbit. It depends on what is running in the game. When Berzerker Rage is running, the right gate drops so the loop is disabled. If the Sabretooth battle is running, the right gate drops as well. There could be more, but those are two that come to mind off-hand.

#4402 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I was going to buy a DP Premium this week, only to find out none are available in Canada right now. I could have bought a DP pro, but it's a real toss up between the two for me. I really like the disco ball effect and added disco loops mode. Plus, drop targets are always fun! Surprisingly there are still DP LE available, but still at full MSRP.
I do have a question about the premium though. Does the left orbit always loop around to the right side, or is the ball ever stopped at the upper lanes (like the pro).
Rob

I don't recall a situation offhand where a left orbit is stopped by the gate (both sides up there are controlled gates), but the right orbit definitely does vary pass-through or drop into lanes depending on mode on the premium.

EDIT: Dur. Of course Sabretooth battle! The easiest mode for this very reason!

#4403 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

It can definitely drop into the upper lanes from the left orbit. It depends on what is running in the game. When Berzerker Rage is running, the right gate drops so the loop is disabled. If the Sabretooth battle is running, the right gate drops as well. There could be more, but those are two that come to mind off-hand.

Thanks for correcting me. I didn’t even know that the gate drops in those modes, wouldn’t want to steer anyone wrong.

#4404 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I was going to buy a DP Premium this week, only to find out none are available in Canada right now. I could have bought a DP pro, but it's a real toss up between the two for me. I really like the disco ball effect and added disco loops mode. Plus, drop targets are always fun! Surprisingly there are still DP LE available, but still at full MSRP.
I do have a question about the premium though. Does the left orbit always loop around to the right side, or is the ball ever stopped at the upper lanes (like the pro).
Rob

I feel very fortunate to have a Premium; stop by for some games if you make it to Edmonton.

Cheers,

Winston

#4405 4 years ago

I recently posted some pictures of my 'modded out' DP Premium and a I gave a shout out to some outstanding Mod makers. I would like to add one more for Chuck (aka the Modfather). Here are some pictures of the last figure that I bought for my game, "Deadpool in a hammock". When I bought it, it was no longer available but Chuck offered to make another one up for me. He did so and when I received it, the intended mounting spot for it would not work since it was meant for a Pro model and not my Premium. I contacted Chuck again for assistance and he offered to fabricate some mounting brackets for me and ship them at no charge; he did so and now my game is complete. What a guy, Chuck and Deadpool! When my 5 year old grandson saw the new figure, he giggled and laughed in delight, a real 'Kodak moment' for me and exemplified what the term "world under glass' means in Pinball. I saw recently on the JP string that someone was complaining about the Shooter knob that they received from Chuck; don't complain about it on Pinside but just contact him and he will make it right. He always has.

20191023_133308 (resized).jpg20191023_133308 (resized).jpg20191023_133337 (resized).jpg20191023_133337 (resized).jpg
#4406 4 years ago

If anyone is interested in upgrading their speakers and lighting to blown away the look of an LE, check my thread

https://i3.ytimg.com/vi/Vmr5kei703o/hqdefault.jpg

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guide-to-converting-spike-2-pro-prem-to-le-speakers-lighting#post-5273145

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#4407 4 years ago

I love hearing some of the rare call outs in this game. Today I heard Dazzler say “I’m in the bathroom”. Never heard it before and random but it made me laugh!

#4408 4 years ago

Anyone else I've this rail to the right of the katana lock digging into the field?

20191027_213255 (resized).jpg20191027_213255 (resized).jpg
#4409 4 years ago

In case you guys missed it. Kevin and Nick did a Deadpool review in their latest ‘Bro do you even pinball’ twitch podcast. While I disagree with their take on the call outs l, comedy, and shere variety of them; They gave the game a very fair and high review. That said, Tanio or Waison (not sure who) was in chat. And while the bro crew were picking away at some of the rules like mini modes blocking wizard modes, Tanio/Waison said in chat that a code update will be coming. No indications on when. But really glad to hear they are not done with this one. Personally, I am Hoping for some high score achievement tables.

#4410 4 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Anyone else I've this rail to the right of the katana lock digging into the field?[quoted image]

Common issue, there is a few fixes mentioned in this forum. Most popular is adding a few washers.

#4411 4 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

Common issue, there is a few fixes mentioned in this forum. Most popular is adding a few washers.

Thanks, I'll read back through again. I've put a strip of Mylar underneath it in the mean time.

#4412 4 years ago

I can definitely tell that I'm getting the hang of things. My high score just went from 200 mil last week to over 800 mil just now. I was unlocking all sorts of things but I would like to know exactly what they are and how I even got to those modes. I recall fighting sauron, mech suit multi ball, another type of multi ball that starts with an M in big brown letters. I was able to defeat almost all of the main characters except for T rex, but what would have happened had I defeated him also?
20191027_221916 (resized).jpg20191027_221916 (resized).jpg

#4413 4 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

I can definitely tell that I'm getting the hang of things. My high score just went from 200 mil last week to over 800 mil just now. I was unlocking all sorts of things but I would like to know exactly what they are and how I even got to those modes. I recall fighting sauron, mech suit multi ball, another type of multi ball that starts with an M in big brown letters. I was able to defeat almost all of the main characters except for T rex, but what would have happened had I defeated him also?
[quoted image]

Sauron is the next battle after you complete Juggernaut, Mystique, and Sabertooth.

Mechsuit Multiball is after you qualify x number of weapons. Should be between 40 and 50, depending on how your machine is set up.

Maybe it was an N, not an M? Ninja Multiball?

If you finish the two quests, you'd battle Megakrakolodonus Rex.

#4414 4 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Thanks, I'll read back through again. I've put a strip of Mylar underneath it in the mean time.

The washer fix is essential long term.

I put a black rubber one down first and metal on top.

Took a fair amount of time.

When taking Katana blade plastic off, be careful to unhook the side that doesn't have screws.

IMG_5965 (resized).jpgIMG_5965 (resized).jpg

IMG_5966 (resized).jpgIMG_5966 (resized).jpg
#4415 4 years ago

Can anyone confirm if Cliffy makes a protector for this yet, or was that a one-off thing a few pages back?

#4416 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Sauron is the next battle after you complete Juggernaut, Mystique, and Sabertooth.
Mechsuit Multiball is after you qualify x number of weapons. Should be between 40 and 50, depending on how you're machine is set up.
Maybe it was an N, not an M? Ninja Multiball?
If you finish the two quests, you'd battle Megakrakolodonus Rex.

Thanks for the explanation. The machine is still on factory settings. Definitely wasn't NMB because I see that all the time, but maybe it wasn't a multiball mode at all? Maybe it was something else. I'm extremely curious so I'm going to watch some streams to see if anyone unlocks it ad I recognize it again because it's bugging me lol. I really wish that I had a camera setup when I saw it. The two quests that you mentioned, is that Rex and Meg and they are considered to be quests and not battles?

#4417 4 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Can anyone confirm if Cliffy makes a protector for this yet, or was that a one-off thing a few pages back?

Yes, it exists. I just purchased a 3-bank drop target, ball guide nub fix, and 2pc shooter eject protectors and outhole (drain)

#4418 4 years ago

LOVE how the BlueHammer power coat turned out on my Premium! Great game for sure !!

3700AE2A-CCEA-42F2-AF0F-A358732515DE (resized).jpeg3700AE2A-CCEA-42F2-AF0F-A358732515DE (resized).jpeg
#4419 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

The washer fix is essential long term.
I put a black rubber one down first and metal on top.
Took a fair amount of time.
When taking Katana blade plastic off, be careful to unhook the side that doesn't have screws.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Excellent!! Thank you sir!!

#4420 4 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

The final version exists and I have it installed. It is very easy to install, looks great, and works well.

Cliff is currently dealing with fires in CA though I believe.

#4421 4 years ago

Is there an easy/quick way to see how many extra balls you have? I know when the “shoot again” is solid that means you have at least one extra ball, but I am looking for how to tell how many in total are left. Thanks.

#4422 4 years ago

Just joined the club with a pro. Diggin it so far.

Can someone tell me if the sling plastic sticking out beneath the katana ramp drop hole is normal? The ball still drops, but hits the plastic first. It appears to be factory but I can’t see why.

F45D50DD-B3EB-4336-A5B0-58B52B88C629 (resized).jpegF45D50DD-B3EB-4336-A5B0-58B52B88C629 (resized).jpeg
#4423 4 years ago

So now that DP has been our a while and had some code updates what’s everyone’s opinion on longevity in home use?

#4424 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Can someone tell me if the sling plastic sticking out beneath the katana ramp drop hole is normal? The ball still drops, but hits the plastic first. It appears to be factory but I can’t see why.[quoted image]

No there shouldn’t be any plastic hanging out like that! I’m curious what that even came from.

#4425 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Can someone tell me if the sling plastic sticking out beneath the katana ramp drop hole is normal? The ball still drops, but hits the plastic first. It appears to be factory but I can’t see why.

That would be a "no". That plastic protector is backwards or upside down.

On closer inspection, that is the "44" protector. That 44 should be down at the bottom of the sling.

IMG_2745[1] (resized).JPGIMG_2745[1] (resized).JPG
#4426 4 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

So now that DP has been our a while and had some code updates what’s everyone’s opinion on longevity in home use?

I've had my DP almost a year now in my home and still loving it. Friends/relatives love it too. It's not going anywhere soon.

#4427 4 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

I've had my DP almost a year now in my home and still loving it. Friends/relatives love it too. It's not going anywhere soon.

Same, it has officially dislodged Iron Maiden for my favorite modern pin.

#4428 4 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

That would be a "no". That plastic protector is backwards or upside down.
On closer inspection, that is the "44" protector. That 44 should be down at the bottom of the sling.[quoted image]

Yes. It does have a 44. Good call. I will flip it. Why does it ha e a cutout?

A942F3EF-CF76-4E3C-ABA6-310C55652BFE (resized).jpegA942F3EF-CF76-4E3C-ABA6-310C55652BFE (resized).jpeg
#4429 4 years ago

It's going to end up a top ten.

#4430 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Yes. It does have a 44. Good call. I will flip it. Why does it ha e a cutout?[quoted image]

It has a cutout because there is a post holding up the Katana ramp at the bottom of the plastic. Basically, that cutout goes around the post.

IMG_2749[1] (resized).JPGIMG_2749[1] (resized).JPG
#4431 4 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Same, it has officially dislodged Iron Maiden for my favorite modern pin.

Same here, it’s still my go to pin. Can’t get enough of it.

Quoted from punkin:

It's going to end up a top ten.

BEE44D67-848E-47B1-A209-AAEBEEF93A42 (resized).jpegBEE44D67-848E-47B1-A209-AAEBEEF93A42 (resized).jpeg
#4432 4 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

LOVE how the BlueHammer power coat turned out on my Premium! Great game for sure !![quoted image]

That is beautiful. I'd love to replicate it. Is "BlueHammer" the name you've given it, or is that an actual coating?

Great vision to double-down on the blue!

#4433 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Same here, it’s still my go to pin. Can’t get enough of it.
[quoted image]

I mean long term. I'm new to the hobby but have palyed a few machines now. This has legs (beside the actual legs).

#4434 4 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

It has all the staying power it needs for home use. Certainly a top 10 game and one of the best to come out from Stern.

#4435 4 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

That is beautiful. I'd love to replicate it. Is "BlueHammer" the name you've given it, or is that an actual coating?
Great vision to double-down on the blue!

Thank you! BlueHammer was the color name swatch that I selected from.
It really did turn out great +

#4436 4 years ago

I'm in the club finally! This game rocks!

IMG_20191029_063017 (resized).jpgIMG_20191029_063017 (resized).jpg
#4437 4 years ago

Hey all.

I'd like to swap out those red GI LEDs in the bottom half of the playfield to match the other whites. I'm guessing any 2 SMD clear white would work?

Suggestions on best replacement for these?

#4438 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Hey all.
I'd like to swap out those red GI LEDs in the bottom half of the playfield to match the other whites. I'm guessing any 2 SMD clear white would work?
Suggestions on best replacement for these?

From Comet

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/2smd-bulbs

Stern generally uses Cool White (which we previously sold under the name: Natural White) with a clear lens, if you're wondering).

#4439 4 years ago

Cleaned my games this weekend and gave them a fresh coat of wax with P21s. All of the games naturally play faster with a fresh wax, but Holy Cow did that change this game. This was the first home waxing for this pin, and the change in speed is incredible. The scoop kickout is so fast now that the ball bounces off of the right flipper into the standups on the left! It happens so quickly, there isn't time to react with the usual drop catch. Hits to the Li'l DP drops come back like a lightning bolt.

The Snikt shot seems easier to get because the ball is flying around the playfield. Same goes for the Katana ramp. This needs to calm down pretty soon, or I'm going to have to change some settings.

#4440 4 years ago

Not an owner, but on my short list. Took down my local DP rival's grand champ score last night in a game where I got to (and beat) Megakrakolodonus Rex for the first time.

I know it's been discussed, but I do think they need to change/alter how the playfield multiplier works. I had the perma 2x from 100 weapons by the end of this game, but so much of this score was due to having a few nicely timed Snikt! shots combined with a few others that were just pure luck/chance.

It's annoying to me that having more or less the exact same game minus 3-4 shots off a standup that bounced right and went up a ramp would result in a score maybe 1/3 as big.
dp (resized).jpgdp (resized).jpg

#4441 4 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

Not an owner, but on my short list. Took down my local DP rival's grand champ score last night in a game where I got to (and beat) Megakrakolodonus Rex for the first time.
I know it's been discussed, but I do think they need to change/alter how the playfield multiplier works. I had the perma 2x from 100 weapons by the end of this game, but so much of this score was due to having a few nicely timed Snikt! shots combined with a few others that were just pure luck/chance.
It's annoying to me that having more or less the exact same game minus 3-4 shots off a standup that bounced right and went up a ramp would result in a score maybe 1/3 as big.
[quoted image]

Great game you had.
I respectfully disagree on the scoring issue; I think "that's pinball" .

#4442 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

Cleaned my games this weekend and gave them a fresh coat of wax with P21s. All of the games naturally play faster with a fresh wax, but Holy Cow did that change this game. This was the first home waxing for this pin, and the change in speed is incredible. The scoop kickout is so fast now that the ball bounces off of the right flipper into the standups on the left! It happens so quickly, there isn't time to react with the usual drop catch. Hits to the Li'l DP drops come back like a lightning bolt.
The Snikt shot seems easier to get because the ball is flying around the playfield. Same goes for the Katana ramp. This needs to calm down pretty soon, or I'm going to have to change some settings.

I use P21s and it takes a while to slow down. Should be a lot better in about 50 games. I only wax about every 500 games because the game is crazy fast if I wax too often.

#4443 4 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

Great game you had.
I respectfully disagree on the scoring issue; I think "that's pinball" .

I keep alternating between liking it the way it is, and wishing that if not easier, that there were other means of raising the playfield multiplier.

Maybe adding something similar to collecting 100 weapons. Collect 50 cihimis, or drop 20 sets of drops, etc. Somthing like that. Of course you'd run the risk of having players reach all of the goals around the same time and suddenly getting multiple permanent additional playfield multipliers.

No big deal either way. Heck of a fun game. Was just glad to finally crack 2B.

#4444 4 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

I keep alternating between liking it the way it is, and wishing that if not easier, that there were other means of raising the playfield multiplier.
Maybe adding something similar to collecting 100 weapons. Collect 50 cihimis, or drop 20 sets of drops, etc. Somthing like that. Of course you'd run the risk of having players reach all of the goals around the same time and suddenly getting multiple permanent additional playfield multipliers.
No big deal either way. Heck of a fun game. Was just glad to finally crack 2B.

I think I'd prefer it if they tied the PF multiplier to some number of "Y" shots and then hit "Z". Make it difficult, but doable on purpose. The Snikt shot reminds me of everyone's arguments about the old skill shot from GB. If you're lucky enough to drop it into the correct lane, you get 6x. DP isn't that drastic, but it still remains a luck shot most of the time.

They could always tie some other bonus to the Snikt shot. Or they could leave it alone, and I'd still love the game. We'll see on the next update.

#4445 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I think I'd prefer it if they tied the PF multiplier to some number of "Y" shots and then hit "Z". Make it difficult, but doable on purpose. The Snikt shot reminds me of everyone's arguments about the old skill shot from GB. If you're lucky enough to drop it into the correct lane, you get 6x.

Technically, you get two shots lit that can give you 6x total for that GB skillshot. You don't get 6x for making the lane. And that's one of my favorite shots in GB. With practice I eventually could hit it about 40% of the time, which is a LOT for a shot that gives you a way to get 6x playfield.

The Snikt is even more abusable since you can extend it by making more shots to it. I think Tanio has the balance on it just right. I get it at least once per game and frequently stack it to 3x or 4x. Making it easier would break the scoring IMO.

#4446 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Making it easier would break the scoring IMO.

If you can consistently reach 3 & 4x in a game, you're ahead of the curve compared to most people I've talked to. Multipliers should never be easy, but they should be purposefully attainable. I feel this one is based on chance. But like I said, it doesn't affect my overall opinion of the game.

#4447 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

If you can consistently reach 3 & 4x in a game, you're ahead of the curve compared to most people I've talked to. Multipliers should never be easy, but they should be purposefully attainable. I feel this one is based on chance. But like I said, it doesn't affect my overall opinion of the game.

Frequently isn't the same as consistently. I can consistently get 2x. I can frequently get 3 and 4x. I've gotten 5x only a couple times. Given the power of the multipliers, I think that's about right.

The only thing I hate about the shot is it will go airborne and end up on the plastic next to the ramp, then dribble off way more frequently than I would like, but I don't think there's a fix for that.

#4448 4 years ago

Hitting the Snikt shot is one of the most satisfying ‘feel good’ shots in all of pinball. I better be rewarded for it through software....both with rules and sounds. I think they nailed it On all accounts.

#4449 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Hitting the Snikt shot is one of the most satisfying ‘feel good’ shots in all of pinball. I better be rewarded for it through software....both with rules and sounds. I think they nailed it On all accounts.

Was just thinking the same.

Everyone saying how great JP and Maiden are ( I agree ), but this shot beats anything in those 2 games.

Can't think of anything that rivals it, except maybe NGG hole in one shot.

#4450 4 years ago

I agree that the snikt shot is too powerful for a single shot; one that usually isn't even an intentionally shot. The fact that something that powerful can just be accidentally hit by what is usually a missed or unintentional shot is not a good aspect in a competition game.

On a side note does it feel like the flippers are angled slightly further down than other pinball machines? I've noticed it on multiple different deadpools and was wondering if it is intentional or if its a build flaw?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bay Area, CA
6,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/89?hl=bundy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.