(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,261 posts
  • 1,089 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Minibull
  • Topic is favorited by 555 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg
dp27 (resized).jpg
dp16 (resized).jpg
IMG_2260 (resized).jpg
IMG_2259 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,261 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 326.
#4351 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

What’s “LilDP bounce”?

It's the third Li'l DP mode.

First is Li'l DP MB...shoot Li'l DP standup enough times to light the basic shots. Shoot a couple (not sure how many) of shots and Li'l DP lights green. Lock ball in Li'l DP and continue playing Mb with a ball safely locked away for a short time. I think the super is on the Dazzler shot.

Second is Li'l DP Frenzy...no MB, just a boost to all switches for a timed period.

Third is Li'l DP Bounce...again no MB. The drop targets, or standups on Pro, will move/light in order (like the Megaladon shot). Hitting them when they are lit gives big points. It's tough to get far in this, but finishing it can net about 100M.

#4352 4 years ago

Finishing lil DP bounce also rewards a 2x base multiplier for the remainder of the ball. Cool mini mode with a nice reward. Best to stack it with Juggernaut (2).

#4353 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's WAY less random than the SIM shot. The tolerance is very tight for when to make the shot, but with practice you can do it more and more. The part that pisses me off most is having it go airborne instead and ending up on the plastic next to the ramp, then rolling off instead of going up the ramp. That happens too much and is super irritating.

Fair enough - will need to give it some practice. SIM shot on DI sucks - main reason I sold the game - but I guess if the theme is solid (like DP) you can overlook some "faults".

#4354 4 years ago

I hit the shot more often when the ball has rolled up the left flipper guide and back down for the shot. Maybe that is a mental thing but it seems slower is better for me.

#4355 4 years ago

It's thrice to the back of the lil dp area to start the multi. You don't need to knock all the targets down, you can sneak in a gap. Hit the back target and it starts flashing green, hit it again for solid green and once more to lock.

#4356 4 years ago

Greetings gents!! Took delivery of a new Pro today. I have a question. I want to completely outfit this thing with protectors but I only see that Cliffy has them for the shooter lane, drain, and lane switches. Is any one else manufacturing a full blown set to protect everything possible for this game?

20191015_191844 (resized).jpg20191015_191844 (resized).jpg
#4357 4 years ago

Also, whats the deal with this post, and why is it in the position that it is without being flush with the top of the washer?

20191015_174956 (resized).jpg20191015_174956 (resized).jpg
#4358 4 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Greetings gents!! Took delivery of a new Pro today. I have a question. I want to completely outfit this thing with protectors but I only see that Cliffy has them for the shooter lane, drain, and lane switches. Is any one else manufacturing a full blown set to protect everything possible for this game?[quoted image]

What else do you need protected??

#4359 4 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Also, whats the deal with this post, and why is it in the position that it is without being flush with the top of the washer?[quoted image]

Righty Tighty! Always good to scan a NIB Pin for situations like this.

#4360 4 years ago

Keith spoilt us on Maiden with the extensive high score tables.

Wondering what the essential ones are for this game?

Hopefully next update

#4361 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Cliff also makes that post protector for the right loop doesnt he?

#4362 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Every single area that would be subjected to wear. The ball eject/shooter lane, switch slots, and the drain under the apron

#4363 4 years ago
Quoted from WizWiggy:

Righty Tighty! Always good to scan a NIB Pin for situations like this.

The post is already tight in it's entirety. Should it, or should it not be in the orientation that it is?

#4364 4 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Cliff also makes that post protector for the right loop doesnt he?

I browsed both of his sites in their entirety and only see mention of the shooter eject and outhole drain protector being done, so I can only assume that more are on the way whatever they may be.

https://www.passionforpinball.com/WIP/Deadpool-drain-ejects-set-001.JPG

https://www.passionforpinball.com/WIP/DP-ejects-inst-01.jpg

https://www.passionforpinball.com/WIP/DP-outhole-bev-01.jpg

#4365 4 years ago

That post ahould be flush.

And i think you have to email him for that post protector as it’s not listed.

#4366 4 years ago
Quoted from Rengozu:

Only bad thing about my experience was it being at a loud local bar, which kinda kills getting the full comedic Deadpool vibe when you can't hear any of the music or callouts.

This is the main reason I seek to own pins. Playing in the wild does kind of suck for several reasons. You can almost never hear the machine or it is not 100% working or it's not dialed in properly etc. Some modern games have rule sets that are too deep to grasp in the wild as well. I also like to mod my games. Not going to get that in the wild either.

#4367 4 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Every single area that would be subjected to wear. The ball eject/shooter lane, switch slots, and the drain under the apron

That's what Cliff offers. That's why I'm confused. If you want to cover ALL the switch slots, his are generic and will work for all of them, but that's pretty unnecessary. They're only there for the rollovers on the return lanes to protect the slots from ball drops chewing them up.

#4368 4 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

I browsed both of his sites in their entirety and only see mention of the shooter eject and outhole drain protector being done, so I can only assume that more are on the way whatever they may be.
https://www.passionforpinball.com/WIP/Deadpool-drain-ejects-set-001.JPG
https://www.passionforpinball.com/WIP/DP-ejects-inst-01.jpg
https://www.passionforpinball.com/WIP/DP-outhole-bev-01.jpg

He has a protector for the right lane guide at the entrance to the katana loop also.

#4369 4 years ago

Just wondering if you think DP will get another code update... It seems pretty complete and Stern now has new games that need polish. Updates are always welcome, but I don't see them as thinking DP needs anything.

#4370 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

Just wondering if you think DP will get another code update... It seems pretty complete and Stern now has new games that need polish. Updates are always welcome, but I don't see them as thinking DP needs anything.

Deadpool needs some polish. There are still not a small amount of bugs/weirdness issues. The "1" kerning problem really bugs me, too. There'll be another update. Tanio was busy helping on Ghostbusters for a while, and probably is on his next game, too. Patience.

#4371 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Deadpool needs some polish. There are still not a small amount of bugs/weirdness issues. The "1" kerning problem really bugs me, too. There'll be another update. Tanio was busy helping on Ghostbusters for a while, and probably is on his next game, too. Patience.

And need those high score tables.

#4372 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

And need those high score tables.

I never really cared for these until the other night when I started off with ninja apocalypses and ended up with 80+ towards the end of the game.

So stoked on that alone!

Even just stars, chimis and weapons would be nice

#4373 4 years ago

Question, for the Katana ramp shot. Do the ball rails need adjustment on the recent run of machines, or did Stern resolve the issue after the earlier runs? My born date is Aug 2019. I haven't had much difficulty completing the shot but just wanted to ask in case it was something that I absolutely needed to do.

#4374 4 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

I haven't had much difficulty completing the shot but just wanted to ask in case it was something that I absolutely needed to do.

You've obviously never been in the military.... If it's working, "don't f**k with it"!!

#4375 4 years ago

So I've been having an issue where lil deadpool modes won't start all the time. The problem is the metal piece that holds the opto sensor is not level with the playfield. It looks like there is too much clear coat inbetween the metal and the wood, or they didn't cut the playfield low enough for this piece to lay flush. So the ball is getting stuck on the gap between the wood and the metal piece. This thing looks like its connected to the entire backside of the curve around the deadpool lil DP area. There isnt really a bolt underneath that i can try and crank it down tighter into the wood with. Has anyone else had this issue or found a solution?
20191016_210300_HDR (resized).jpg20191016_210300_HDR (resized).jpg

#4376 4 years ago

Well it’s been a fun ride, but I’m out. Just traded DPLE for MBRLE
Enjoy the Chimis everyone.

#4377 4 years ago

Do all of these have a bare wood bottom? Even though I wont see it, it still bugs the hell out of me.

20191015_103222 (resized).jpg20191015_103222 (resized).jpg
#4378 4 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Do all of these have a bare wood bottom? Even though I wont see it, it still bugs the hell out of me.[quoted image]

I’m pretty sure every pin I have ever owned had a bare wood bottom. We have owned a good amount

#4379 4 years ago

There's 8 pins here atm and none have a painted base. I don't know how that can bug anyone but if it does now's the time to start masking up.

#4380 4 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Do all of these have a bare wood bottom? Even though I wont see it, it still bugs the hell out of me.[quoted image]

Just be happy it’s plywood and not mdf.

#4381 4 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

There's 8 pins here atm and none have a painted base. I don't know how that can bug anyone but if it does now's the time to start masking up.

It bugs me because it looks like a random sheet of rough unsanded ply wood from the stack at home depot, unlike the nice smooth bottoms of all of my other Sterns. But I guess it's just another thing that they cheaped out on.

#4382 4 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

It bugs me because it looks like a random sheet of rough unsanded ply wood from the stack at home depot, unlike the nice smooth bottoms of all of my other Sterns. But I guess it's just another thing that they cheaped out on.

What? Real ply is a huge upgrade on your other Sterns which use cheap MDF. Ply would cost Stern significantly more and IMO the natural grain looks infinitely better.

#4383 4 years ago

DeadPool is an absolute work of art in every way except them dam ugly washers that damage your balls, diffuse the light and for me distract an otherwise perfect playfield.
So today I chucked mine in favour of a redesigned set of clear plastics. It’s the little things that get me excited which for some reason the wife says about me when I get a little amorous hehe

I was actually gonna try these colour coordinated red-left and Blue-right but after I made these protos just loved the clean look so I’m probs gonna leave as is for now and see how they perform.

Col

1E031FF0-B1C1-42D6-8013-EC0B1A0BE21C (resized).jpeg1E031FF0-B1C1-42D6-8013-EC0B1A0BE21C (resized).jpegF777BB1C-889B-4E32-9FB5-E18FE58799DE (resized).jpegF777BB1C-889B-4E32-9FB5-E18FE58799DE (resized).jpegD88C0634-35C7-448D-9C13-C305E1A128B8 (resized).jpegD88C0634-35C7-448D-9C13-C305E1A128B8 (resized).jpegA4FAD061-4140-448D-8EA2-FFA3757F2BD0 (resized).jpegA4FAD061-4140-448D-8EA2-FFA3757F2BD0 (resized).jpeg3D9968A4-D7C6-40F0-A9A0-1332C5FE92EF (resized).jpeg3D9968A4-D7C6-40F0-A9A0-1332C5FE92EF (resized).jpeg8C824A28-4A82-492C-95D3-E22277EC8048 (resized).jpeg8C824A28-4A82-492C-95D3-E22277EC8048 (resized).jpegB4EF0876-8F0F-4FDD-AC3F-23F63A5A031A (resized).jpegB4EF0876-8F0F-4FDD-AC3F-23F63A5A031A (resized).jpegC529FED8-2EB8-41B8-905C-2333C963AE38 (resized).jpegC529FED8-2EB8-41B8-905C-2333C963AE38 (resized).jpeg
#4384 4 years ago

Now that it is finished I wanted to share some pictures of my "modded out" Deadpool Premium. As you will surmise, I am addicted to mods. I know not everyone is, but I am and I have done it on all 8 of my games with Deadpool being the most extensive. We really loved the game out of the "box" but even more so now.
We think that we are lucky to be in a hobby with so many creative and supportive suppliers of really terriffic mods. Some of the very best that we have found include The Modfather, Mezel Mods, the Mod Couple, and Robertstone0407 who did the powder coating (fusion red) for our game. Anyway, here are some pictures that we hope you'll enjoy. Please feel free to pm me for any questions.

20191020_102417.jpg20191020_102417.jpg20191020_102704.jpg20191020_102704.jpg20191020_102457.jpg20191020_102457.jpg20191020_102620.jpg20191020_102620.jpg20191020_102442.jpg20191020_102442.jpg
#4385 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Now that it is finished I wanted to share some pictures of my "modded out" Deadpool Premium. As you will surmise, I am addicted to mods. I know not everyone is, but I am and I have done it on all 8 of my games with Deadpool being the most extensive. We really loved the game out of the "box" but even more so now.
We think that we are lucky to be in a hobby with so many creative and supportive suppliers of really terriffic mods. Some of the very best that we have found include The Modfather, Mezel Mods, the Mod Couple, and Robertstone0407 who did the powder coating (fusion red) for our game. Anyway, here are some pictures that we hope you'll enjoy. Please feel free to pm me for any questions.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great!

#4386 4 years ago

Coin door looks like it doesn't belong. Why did you choose to have it a different colour?

#4387 4 years ago

Just a matter of taste. Was afraid a red coin door would overpower the cabinet's artwork and, nobody (STERN, JJP, CGC, AP, etc.) that powder coats the metal work in colors other than black does the coin door too. Just being consistent with conventional practice. But, to each his own.

#4388 4 years ago

Sure, just seems to stand out is all.

#4389 4 years ago

maybe try working on your score 54 mil? and a gc of 365? at least u are having fun!!!!!!

Enjoy looks sweet.

#4390 4 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Why would something you never see bother you? The plywood is much better than what they used to use. Nothing to complain about. The cabinets are now thicker than Jersey Jack’s actually.

#4391 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Nothing to complain about.

People will ALWAYS find something to complain about.

#4392 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Was afraid a red coin door would overpower the cabinet's artwork and, nobody (STERN, JJP, CGC, AP, etc.) that powder coats the metal work in colors other than black does the coin door too

I think they would powder coat the coin door but the issue is you need to take it apart and send in the pieces which is a pain. I had a bally/williams coin door chromed and had to take it apart and put it back together again but it came out nice.

I think it would look good in red if you ever want to do it.

Either way congrats on a beautiful game.

IMG_4745 (resized).JPGIMG_4745 (resized).JPG

#4393 4 years ago

I do tons of coin doors. They’re a biatch. But, I like color matching them to the trim color when I do custom games.... took me several tries to get the right red to match the artwork..

64E903C6-95DF-48AA-A17D-4072397FF0B5 (resized).jpeg64E903C6-95DF-48AA-A17D-4072397FF0B5 (resized).jpegFFBB4F07-AA16-4FEC-BDFC-7FEE4ED65543 (resized).jpegFFBB4F07-AA16-4FEC-BDFC-7FEE4ED65543 (resized).jpeg
#4394 4 years ago

that looks amazing Zdoor

#4395 4 years ago

Thanks. Did two like that. Doing another one in a few weeks

#4396 4 years ago

I was going to buy a DP Premium this week, only to find out none are available in Canada right now. I could have bought a DP pro, but it's a real toss up between the two for me. I really like the disco ball effect and added disco loops mode. Plus, drop targets are always fun! Surprisingly there are still DP LE available, but still at full MSRP.

I do have a question about the premium though. Does the left orbit always loop around to the right side, or is the ball ever stopped at the upper lanes (like the pro).

Rob

#4397 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I was going to buy a DP Premium this week, only to find out none are available in Canada right now. I could have bought a DP pro, but it's a real toss up between the two for me. I really like the disco ball effect and added disco loops mode. Plus, drop targets are always fun! Surprisingly there are still DP LE available, but still at full MSRP.
I do have a question about the premium though. Does the left orbit always loop around to the right side, or is the ball ever stopped at the upper lanes (like the pro).
Rob

It loops around and is raised by the elevator allowing continuous loops. Not possible on the pro. One of the biggest differences. I love my LE. It’s a keeper.

#4398 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

It loops around and is raised by the elevator allowing continuous loops. Not possible on the pro. One of the biggest differences. I love my LE. It’s a keeper.

How does the ball ever get to the upper lanes then if it's always looping around? Bonus X won't be as achievable as it is on the pro.

Rob

#4399 4 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

People will ALWAYS find something to complain about.

Not everyone. Life is too short to worry about insignificant stuff. A new playfield chipping - huge issue, an unpainted bottom never to be seen by man, not something to worry about.

#4400 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

How does the ball ever get to the upper lanes then if it's always looping around? Bonus X won't be as achievable as it is on the pro.
Rob

There is an elevator that raises the ball up and it drops to the right flipper and you can continuously loop it. Just check out the spec sheet. I don’t think it would be easy to get the ball to drop to the lanes from a left lane shot, that’s a right lane shot. It’s moving too fast to drop down in the upper lanes. Also you can set the diverter to stop the ball at the lanes at each launch. Think that’s the default setting.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.99
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Belmont, MI
8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
There are 16,261 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.