(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,261 posts
  • 1,089 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 hours ago by Minibull
  • Topic is favorited by 555 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg
dp27 (resized).jpg
dp16 (resized).jpg
IMG_2260 (resized).jpg
IMG_2259 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,261 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 326.
#4301 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

I did with the figures that Mod Father sells. They are very well made and really create that "world under glass" look that I really enjoy[quoted image]

050-deadpool (resized).jpg050-deadpool (resized).jpg
#4302 4 years ago

I just picked up a Deadpool Pro and have an issue where the droptarget "trip" isn't working for the center drops. It seems to work most often when all three are up, but if one or two are down, then it never works. The coil fires fine, but it just isn't moving the plate enough to force them to drop. I took a look under the playfield but I didn't see much to adjust. I tried removing the springs and also adding more resistance, but neither helped. Any suggestions?

#4303 4 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

I just picked up a Deadpool Pro and have an issue where the droptarget "trip" isn't working for the center drops. It seems to work most often when all three are up, but if one or two are down, then it never works. The coil fires fine, but it just isn't moving the plate enough to force them to drop. I took a look under the playfield but I didn't see much to adjust. I tried removing the springs and also adding more resistance, but neither helped. Any suggestions?

Do you have the latest code installed?

#4304 4 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

I'm no drop-target expert, but there is a "Key-Post" in this thread which may give you some ideas.

#4305 4 years ago

On my brand new Deadpool Premium pinball, I got the offical topper for it. Once I hooked it up and turned on the machine it worked perfect. Ever since I turned it off that night and went to play the game again, the topper won't turn on. When i go through the menu it says "Topper is not attached". It's definitely attached. I've checked the wires. Any other insights?

Screen Shot 2019-10-06 at 4.25.35 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-10-06 at 4.25.35 PM (resized).png
#4306 4 years ago

check the cables are attached unplug and reseat them...

#4307 4 years ago

Just grabbed a Premium.

BOOM button stuck in and I can’t get it free. Any advice? Found a couple posts with same issue. I am afraid to really go at it since it’s plastic.

#4308 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Just grabbed a Premium.
BOOM button stuck in and I can’t get it free. Any advice? Found a couple posts with same issue. I am afraid to really go at it since it’s plastic.

Pull the lockdown bar and push the button up from underneath.

#4309 4 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Pull the lockdown bar and push the button up from underneath.

I have removed the button altogether because it wouldn’t budge. I press from bottom fairly hard and it’s going nowhere. Afraid I’ll snap the thin part.

Maybe some dish soap to loosen it up? You can’t really lube plastic.

#4310 4 years ago

Got it. Dish soap and a ton force freed it up. Boom

#4311 4 years ago

Just ordered my Deadpool premium hopefully it'll be here soon! Actually sold my JJP Pirates so I could pick Deadpool or a Jurassic Park decided to go with Deadpool then eventaully I'll probably get a Jurassic Park when the codes more complete even tho it's pretty good already. Any must have mods I'll probably get some art blades for it but the premium seems to have everything I want already.

#4312 4 years ago
Quoted from Pensfan112:

Just ordered my Deadpool premium hopefully it'll be here soon! Actually sold my JJP Pirates so I could pick Deadpool or a Jurassic Park decided to go with Deadpool then eventaully I'll probably get a Jurassic Park when the codes more complete even tho it's pretty good already. Any must have mods I'll probably get some art blades for it but the premium seems to have everything I want already.

Shaker motor, for sure. You can also swap out the translite art for the better Pro version for less than $100.

#4313 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Shaker motor, for sure.

Is there a post in here showing the install? Can’t find one

#4314 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Pinball Life has them for $79
https://www.pinballlife.com/shaker-motor-kit-rev-c-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-games.html

Installation is dead simple. 6 screws and 1 plug.

John's Arcade has an install video with way too much talking and futzing, as usual. But it'll give you the idea. Same for Pro/Prem.

#4315 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Shaker motor, for sure. You can also swap out the translite art for the better Pro version for less than $100.

Oh I love the shaker motors however I live in an apartment so I avoid them haha. I actually prefer the Premium translite but I do have a PRO translite framed on my wall already that I won at a tournament last year so I could always swap them out if I wanted.

#4316 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Pinball life has the install on their website, very straight forward.

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/docs/instructions/SPIKE%20Shaker%20Motor%20Installation%20Instructions.pdf

I have their shaker and really like it! I also have the Stern art blades. Will be doing other mods in the future.

#4317 4 years ago

I've played the pro but not the premium. What's the difference and is it worth the extra? I really like the extras on my GB premium but glad I went pro with my Aerosmith and haven't missed the premium extras. This has probably been answered before but I'm late the game so sorry about that. Money isn't too much a problem but space is - this may be my last NIB purchase.

#4318 4 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I've played the pro but not the premium. What's the difference and is it worth the extra? I really like the extras on my GB premium but glad I went pro with my Aerosmith and haven't missed the premium extras. This has probably been answered before but I'm late the game so sorry about that. Money isn't too much a problem but space is - this may be my last NIB purchase.

From what I can tell, the main "play" difference is a diverter on the right side that returns a left-orbit shot to the kitana blade/inlane and a "disco-loops" mode. Outside of that, it's bells and whistles like a disco ball, drop-targets instead of stand-up, and Dazzler/Wolverine/Chimichanga truck figures.

I went with a Pro since that wasn't worth the $ to me, but I'm sure others may say that I'm wrong.

#4319 4 years ago

Is there a way to purchase the LE side art?

#4320 4 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I own a Premium and have played the Pro on location (which is how I discovered this pin). The Premium additional ramp return on the right really makes it worth the extra $ in my opinion. I like both, but prefer the Premium because I can get fast loops over and over again. The disco loops are also a lot of fun. And drop targets. If $ isn't a problem, get the Premium.

#4321 4 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Everyone already mentioned the differences here and the loops are cool along with the spinning ball but I'm not totally sure it's worth it. I liked the art better and money wasn't an issue so I got the premium. If money isn't an issue go with premium if not a pro will be fine.

#4322 4 years ago

The loop really makes a big difference for me. It is like having a 3rd ramp. I would be happy with a pro but I would really miss that 'ramp'.

Strategy is pretty different too as the disco loops is the first disco mode on the Prem with the disco MB being the first on the Pro.

#4323 4 years ago

Another vote for Premium.

Just spent the time to level and get the right pitch now I am actually hitting some shots! Fun game.

#4324 4 years ago

Thanks for everyone's input! I liked the ball getting trapped behind the drop targets thingy on the right of center middle lower playfield - is this on both models? (I thought I played a pro with this...now I'm not sure it was pro)

#4325 4 years ago

Yes. Both versions have little Deadpool center drop targets and they both work the same way.

#4326 4 years ago

Hey guys. My drop target banks seem to be firing very frequently and randomly throughout game play. Also seems like at the start of some balls the drop target banks go Crazy and then the ball auto launches from the shooter lane. Any ideas?? Anyone else seen this??

Thanks in advance.

#4327 4 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Hey guys. My drop target banks seem to be firing very frequently and randomly throughout game play. Also seems like at the start of some balls the drop target banks go Crazy and then the ball auto launches from the shooter lane. Any ideas?? Anyone else seen this??
Thanks in advance.

Targets aren't resetting right. Likely either a bowed target that doesn't grab the ledge to hold it up every time OR the ledge the target grabs onto has broken. So either bend the targets back toward the front if they're bowed, or replace a target ledge if it's broken.

#4328 4 years ago

When does the 2x,3x, 4x and 5x light when playing the game? Mine comes on in attract mode but I don’t know if I’ve ever scene them come on during gameplay

#4329 4 years ago

Snikit shot advances them for a timed session and 100 weapons lights 2x permanently.

#4330 4 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

When does the 2x,3x, 4x and 5x light when playing the game? Mine comes on in attract mode but I don’t know if I’ve ever scene them come on during gameplay

Oh you’re very much not alone!

#4331 4 years ago

thats the most important shot in the game... even making scoring way unbalanced if you could really get it with regularity

#4332 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

thats the most important shot in the game... even making scoring way unbalanced if you could really get it with regularity

yeah that single shot really bugs me in the way the games coded. Its so vital that without it your scores will be severely hampered.

#4333 4 years ago

When I’m in switch test that switch registers but during the game it never seems to light up the 2X, 3X, 4X and 5X. Thoughts???

#4334 4 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

When I’m in switch test that switch registers but during the game it never seems to light up the 2X, 3X, 4X and 5X. Thoughts???

It should do, so check connections on the node board?

#4335 4 years ago

Take the glass off. U have to hit the target then pass the opto at the top of the ramp. Within a certain amount of time.

#4336 4 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

It has to hit the target and bounce up the ramp.

#4337 4 years ago

I'm with others in that the only way to get multipliers (outside of 100 weapons for 2x) is the snikt shot (snikt target to ramp) is poor design. I get that it is a difficult shot and should be rewarded, but to be the only way to get 3x+ is bad. I'm not sure if they are still working on DP code, but having more options for playfield multipliers would be something that I would want.

#4338 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

but to be the only way to get 3x+ is bad.

I thought the top rollovers increased it with each completion BAM!...no?

#4339 4 years ago

Top lanes = Bonus multiplier
Sknit = playfield multiplier

My only grip is that you need UNIQUE combos to keep the pf multiplier going. Any old combo would be better for a half cooked player like myself

#4340 4 years ago

I haven't received my machine yet and have only played on location, but below is a snip I found of the multiplier rules.

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG
#4341 4 years ago

Trying to read and understand that snippit is harder than actually physicallt increasing the multipliers.

Get a snikt = bump the multi + add time
Unique combo = add time

#4342 4 years ago

Yeah, agree that multiplier rules need some adjustment as super hard to keep it going as it stands.

#4343 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

I haven't received my machine yet and have only played on location, but below is a snip I found of the multiplier rules.[quoted image]

That's pretty cool. I didn't realize those supplemental X rules existed.

I just read this that multipliers a tough to achieve in DP, is all.

#4344 4 years ago

I agree that shot can be game breaking, but I think you inverted this statement.

Quoted from TheRookie:

without it your scores will be severely hampered.

This shot is hit so rarely, I'd say "with it" your scores will explode. I know it sounds like semantics, but I have yet to play a game with anyone that can hit that shot on purpose and rack up mega-scores routinely.

#4345 4 years ago

What adjustments do you all think would help?

Longer times when multiplier activated?

#4346 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

I'm with others in that the only way to get multipliers (outside of 100 weapons for 2x) is the snikt shot (snikt target to ramp) is poor design. I get that it is a difficult shot and should be rewarded, but to be the only way to get 3x+ is bad. I'm not sure if they are still working on DP code, but having more options for playfield multipliers would be something that I would want.

Playfield multipliers are super-lucrative. Making them super hard to activate makes sense. I've practiced the shot enought that I can ALWAYS get at least one 2x during any game, often get 3x going, and sometimes get 4x going. 5x is very rare, but does happen. The trick for me is to keep drilling that shot from the left flipper during multiball, so I get a lot of chances in a row. I know the approximate range on the flipper for the shot, but the tolerance is tight. If I can get a bunch of shots in a short period, like in Multiball, I can often get to 3x right away.

I say Tanio has it right. Leave the PF multipliers the same. Maybe have an alternate way (or additional) to boost the PF multiplier permanently (like finishing all disco modes - not a gimme) or something if there HAS to be a change, but they should be hard to get and keep.

#4347 4 years ago

What’s “LilDP bounce”?

I agree the Snikt shot is more luck than skill - you aim for the general area and hope it bounces up, or it happens randomly during multiball. Such a powerful shot being so random - reminds me (unfortunately) of the Sim shot on DI.

#4348 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

What’s “LilDP bounce”?
I agree the Snikt shot is more luck than skill - you aim for the general area and hope it bounces up, or it happens randomly during multiball. Such a powerful shot being so random - reminds me (unfortunately) of the Sim shot on DI.

It's WAY less random than the SIM shot. The tolerance is very tight for when to make the shot, but with practice you can do it more and more. The part that pisses me off most is having it go airborne instead and ending up on the plastic next to the ramp, then rolling off instead of going up the ramp. That happens too much and is super irritating.

#4349 4 years ago

Just saw and played this one for the first time at a local bar last week, and wow, this machine is absolutely beautiful. Love the art and colors used for it. Only bad thing about my experience was it being at a loud local bar, which kinda kills getting the full comedic Deadpool vibe when you can't hear any of the music or callouts. Shots seems good and I'm looking forward to finding it somewhere else to play again.

#4350 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's WAY less random than the SIM shot. The tolerance is very tight for when to make the shot, but with practice you can do it more and more. The part that pisses me off most is having it go airborne instead and ending up on the plastic next to the ramp, then rolling off instead of going up the ramp. That happens too much and is super irritating.

I hit one the other day that went over (around?) the disco ball and bounced back out of the Dazzler area. I'm sure it left a dimple.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Austin, TX
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 25.95
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 64.99
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 16,261 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/87?hl=birdforce1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.