(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,266 posts
  • 1,090 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Nicholastree
  • Topic is favorited by 555 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg
dp27 (resized).jpg
dp16 (resized).jpg
IMG_2260 (resized).jpg
IMG_2259 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,266 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 326.
#4151 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipnaught:

I have a question about the extra ball reward for collecting weapons. On my machine when it had the 1.0 code the amount of weapons I had to collect was 10. Now that I am on 1.01 it is 30. I looked through the read me for the code and the only mention of how many weapons you have to collect the extra ball is in the section for version .98. It says:
"75 weapons - Light Extra Ball (auto adjusts)"
I have never changed my extra ball settings so this is seems strange to me. And since I have been playing on 1.01, I have not seen the amount auto adjust.
How are you machines behaving regarding extra balls?
Edit:
I just checked my extra ball settings and it is set to auto as well which is factory, I have never changed this. Maybe I am just not remembering it being higher? I don't know.

Im going to bump this because I didnt see a reply. Im running 1.02 now and weapon extra balls set to auto adjust default setting. I remember it being 75 in earlier versions but now I get it sometimes at 15....Whats up with that?

#4152 4 years ago
Quoted from BigJoeCincy:

Im going to bump this because I didnt see a reply. Im running 1.02 now and weapon extra balls set to auto adjust default setting. I remember it being 75 in earlier versions but now I get it sometimes at 15....Whats up with that?

In the settings you can go back to a fixed number so if you liked 75 you can set it/fix it at that. I didn't like how it varied so have it set at a fixed number on mine.

#4153 4 years ago
Quoted from StoneyFL:

A few days ago the black service menu button stopped working on my DP Pro. Everything else seems fine, and I can't see any loose or disconnected wires. The other three buttons on that plate work fine. Any ideas on what could be wrong?

I also meant to note that a couple days before the service menu button stopped working, the service menu would come up after rebooting the pinball machine. Hitting the service menu button would close out service mode and start normal operation. Now after a reboot the game comes up normally, but the service menu button will not work. I've tried wiggling the wires around while pressing the button and nothing helps.

Any thoughts on how I can fix this and regain access to the service menu?

Thanks!

#4154 4 years ago
Quoted from StoneyFL:

I also meant to note that a couple days before the service menu button stopped working, the service menu would come up after rebooting the pinball machine. Hitting the service menu button would close out service mode and start normal operation. Now after a reboot the game comes up normally, but the service menu button will not work. I've tried wiggling the wires around while pressing the button and nothing helps.
Any thoughts on how I can fix this and regain access to the service menu?
Thanks!

Do the volume buttons work?

#4155 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Do the volume buttons work?

They do. All three of the other buttons work fine.

#4156 4 years ago
Quoted from StoneyFL:

They do. All three of the other buttons work fine.

Well, that's good. I was afraid they were all out, which is very bad since those are handled by Node 0 and that's the CPU board, so it's a bad deal if that's the problem.

Did you reseat the connectors at the CPU board?

If you manually close the switch leads momentarily, can you make the switch work? I'm wondering if the switch is just mechanically bad.

#4157 4 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

In the settings you can go back to a fixed number so if you liked 75 you can set it/fix it at that. I didn't like how it varied so have it set at a fixed number on mine.

Mine is set to auto and never changes. It's always at 30. I'm not convinced it works when set to auto.

#4158 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipnaught:

Mine is set to auto and never changes. It's always at 30. I'm not convinced it works when set to auto.

Mine is on auto and it changes based on my recent scores. I quit a lot of games if my first ball drains super quick which I think contributes to the number moving down.

#4159 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Mine is on auto and it changes based on my recent scores. I quit a lot of games if my first ball drains super quick which I think contributes to the number moving down.

Mine was changing too when it was set to auto, which I didn't like, so I fixed it. I like having it consistent from game to game.

#4160 4 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

Well as an owner of a Jurassic park with pooling i can say the whole pooling scare seems to be quite overblown. Not trying to hijack or start another debate, ive read both sides. But the pooling is hard to see unless you're actually face to glass looking for it. The pictures are super close up and make it look worse than it does in person. And again my deadpool has no pooling, if drowning in the pools is the only thing stopping you from your purchase, id say go for it. If you've never played deadpool in a private setting where you can hear everything it has to offer you're in for a treat. I don't want to part with mine but it will be going on location soon. It was enough to convince me that i need to install a headphone jack on it though, so players can have the intended experience in the wild.

Glad yours is minor but not all playfields are the same. Here's my Iron Maiden Pro with around 600 plays. Chipped in under 3 weeks of ownership. Has pooling at basically every post. Some Jurassic Parks are chipping as well. It's luck of the draw on what you're going to get right now.

IMG_2429 (resized).jpgIMG_2429 (resized).jpg
#4161 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

That's strange, mine has been on auto for a long while now and has never changed from 30 weapons. Oh well. Guess it really doesn't matter in the end.

#4162 4 years ago
Quoted from Vinnie:

Glad yours is minor but not all playfields are the same. Here's my Iron Maiden Pro with around 600 plays. Chipped in under 3 weeks of ownership. Has pooling at basically every post. Some Jurassic Parks are chipping as well. It's luck of the draw on what you're going to get right now.[quoted image]

What’s your disty saying?

#4163 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipnaught:

That's strange, mine has been on auto for a long while now and has never changed from 30 weapons. Oh well. Guess it really doesn't matter in the end

Weird. Mine is on auto and will be anywhere between 45 to 15 weapons and it seems like its something Im doing in the game to cause it to go down. The last I saw in the software update list was 75 and that is what it was everytime before i did this last update. Im about to just change it back to 75 unless someone can figure out what exactly Auto Adjust means for an extra ball because it is the default setting and that is where I like my games most of the time.

#4164 4 years ago

Premium unboxed tonight! Beautiful pin!!
One issue: DEAD and POOL drop-targets will not rise. Any ideas on why this might be?

15683564325747441238920981639159 (resized).jpg15683564325747441238920981639159 (resized).jpg
#4165 4 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

Premium unboxed tonight! Beautiful pin!!
One issue: DEAD and POOL drop-targets will not rise. Any ideas on why this might be?[quoted image]

Check the connections to the drop target assemblies and follow that back to the node board to check for loose connectors. Was the coin door closed when they wouldn't rise?

#4166 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

What’s your disty saying?

Waiting on Stern's response for about 3 weeks now. Was told up front it was going to take a while. So I really have no idea when I should expect a response from Stern. My distributor has been very good about giving me weekly updates so once Stern makes a decision I'm sure they will let me know.(Hopefully soon?)

#4167 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Check the connections to the drop target assemblies and follow that back to the node board to check for loose connectors. Was the coin door closed when they wouldn't rise?

Thank you Vireland. I'll do just that later this morning!

#4168 4 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Don’t know much about bugs except some “numbers spacing” on Mysrery Award wheel.
Also, sometimes I’ll start Mechsuit multiball when Mystery Award is lit, and I’ll get an add-a-ball to start, which is pretty stupid.

and again/also with SAURON, same story :

starting SAURON with 4 balls is not good, i want to play this with strategy, 3 balls max only, and the opportunity to keep the add-a-ball for further in the mode

Tanio, please, if you're reading here...

#4169 4 years ago

btw, something else, not sure these are easter eggs or i'm just fool (lol) :

- when starting NINJA MULTIBALL, the sample "assasinate" make me really think of Daleks (Dr Who) saying "exterminate"...
- when completing T-REX, the background music has some similitude to the begining of the main theme of COSMOS 1999...

!?

#4170 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Well, that's good. I was afraid they were all out, which is very bad since those are handled by Node 0 and that's the CPU board, so it's a bad deal if that's the problem.
Did you reseat the connectors at the CPU board?
If you manually close the switch leads momentarily, can you make the switch work? I'm wondering if the switch is just mechanically bad.

It doesn't look like the actual switch is bad. I went all the way back to the node board and was able to adjust the volume up and down and add credits by manually closing the pins with a paperclip. The only one that didn't work was the service menu pin. See attached screenshot.

Could it be a partial failure of the node board? Think I should email Chas @ Stern at this point?

Thanks much for taking a look and for the ideas!

20190913_132501 (resized).jpg20190913_132501 (resized).jpg
#4171 4 years ago
Quoted from StoneyFL:

It doesn't look like the actual switch is bad. I went all the way back to the node board and was able to adjust the volume up and down and add credits by manually closing the pins with a paperclip. The only one that didn't work was the service menu pin. See attached screenshot.
Could it be a partial failure of the node board? Think I should email Chas @ Stern at this point?
Thanks much for taking a look and for the ideas![quoted image]

I'd use a multimeter to check continuity of that specific wire on the connector back to the service switch to see if the wire just is intermittent or broken.

#4172 4 years ago

Just ordered a pro today. The family is pretty excited! Hopefully it doesn’t take forever to arrive. With JP and Elvira supposedly coming out soon I heard DPs are not on the line for a month. This is Facebook chatter so not a credible source

#4173 4 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

Thank you Vireland. I'll do just that later this morning!

Funny story: my DEAD and POOL drops didn't even show up on the Coil test. So it got me thinking..."I wonder if the fellas at Stern loaded Pro code on a Premium?"

Haven't loaded the code yet, but will report back. If this is the fix, it will not only fix my NIB Premium, it will fix my Friday night, as it's been kind of a dark cloud around here when a NIB machine doesn't work!!!

#4174 4 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

Funny story: my DEAD and POOL drops didn't even show up on the Coil test. So it got me thinking..."I wonder if the fellas at Stern loaded Pro code on a Premium?"
Haven't loaded the code yet, but will report back. If this is the fix, it will not only fix my NIB Premium, it will fix my Friday night, as it's been kind of a dark cloud around here when a NIB machine doesn't work!!!

Yes! Checked code loaded on Service Menu, and it is indeed Pro code! Crazy!!

#4175 4 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

Wow, lucky you stumbled on that. That’s the last place I would look.

#4176 4 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

Top flight QA at Stern. Probably forgot to turn the light table on again, too.

#4177 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Wow, lucky you stumbled on that. That’s the last place I would look.

I was going half-mental.
Frankly, it was a fairly 'quick' catch, in that I got it on the second cycle through the coil test. But it bugged me all day at work that my NIB Premium wasn't working. Kind of killed the jubilation of getting a new pin. Especially with my wife, if you get my drift. But perhaps the 'make-up' code might be better than the usual!

IMG_1593 (resized).jpgIMG_1593 (resized).jpg
#4178 4 years ago

crazy, as not only the targets should not working (disco modes ?)
on SAM pins, the CPU board was also not the same between PRO & PREM/LE...

#4179 4 years ago

Fyi i found a little nut with the spiky spinny washer thing when i was chopping down my deadpool shipping box. Decided to examine the underside of the playfield to figure out where it came from. Finally found the culprit the back left screw of the rail that holds the playfield up. The front nut was super loose also, im glad i caught this when i did as the whole side rail on the left side was loose. Have you heard of anyones playfield support rail falling off? That could be disastrous. Maybe check yours next time you have the glass off. I don't think you want to go super tight as you dont want to sink the screw into the side art. But mine were not even hand tight with 1 missing.

20190914_032603 (resized).jpg20190914_032603 (resized).jpg
#4180 4 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

Fyi i found a little nut with the spiky spinny washer thing when i was chopping down my deadpool shipping box. Decided to examine the underside of the playfield to figure out where it came from. Finally found the culprit the back left screw of the rail that holds the playfield up. The front nut was super loose also, im glad i caught this when i did as the whole side rail on the left side was loose. Have you heard of anyones playfield support rail falling off? That could be disastrous. Maybe check yours next time you have the glass off. I don't think you want to go super tight as you dont want to sink the screw into the side art. But mine were not even hand tight with 1 missing.[quoted image]

Well, that's an absolutely scary thought...I cannot imagine playing and then the playfield support rail falls off. That would be devastating! Solid piece of advice, man, thank you!

#4181 4 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

I was going half-mental.
Frankly, it was a fairly 'quick' catch, in that I got it on the second cycle through the coil test. But it bugged me all day at work that my NIB Premium wasn't working. Kind of killed the jubilation of getting a new pin. Especially with my wife, if you get my drift. But perhaps the 'make-up' code might be better than the usual! [quoted image]

Brilliant. It shows you in pinball, always troubleshoot the easiest possibilities first.

#4182 4 years ago

Advice needed: I’ve been playing my machine (premium) a lot and have noticed a few consistent issues. I wanted to see if these are common or maybe there’s some posts in this forum I’ve missed with some fixes.

Just to note my play field is at about 6.7 (bubble is a little higher than the center). I set it with the PinGuy iPhone app, which does alright for my other machine. The play is pretty good at this setting. I have more issues at higher and lower inclines.

Issue 1; katana ramp shot is clunky. I shoot up the katana ramp, but if it doesn’t hit juuuust right, it won’t make it up, or will deflect on its way past the pop bumpers. I’ve tried the sticky fix where I loosen the last nut on the guides at the end, use pliers to carefully pull them into the posts and retighten. This didn’t seem to fix the issue. If anything the deflection is worse. Anyone have alternative tips?

Issue 2: lots of rejects on the right loops. It seems to hits the divider all the time. I’m working on my shooting and improving, but this gets everyone who tries the machine out.

Issue 3: Dazzler loop actuated ramp over shooter lane frequently catches the ball and holds it or misses the ball. Something on the loop is seemingly slowing the ball down. I haven’t found the culprit yet. Maybe wax the ball guide a little to see if it lessens the metal resistance?

Issue 4: This is on the stickies. The dazzler loop to Katana will cause the ball to fly off if I hit it too fast. The sticky says put a piece of foam there. Before I go tacking foam in, what have you all used?

Thanks for your time.

#4183 4 years ago

Hit 3x playfield in an IFPA tournament yesterday on a ball 1, ooohhhh that felt good.

#4184 4 years ago

Anyone know what the thinking is on DP and BM66 of dropping the flippers into a lower position?

#4185 4 years ago

Part of the issue making the right orbit is this bracket sticks out quite a bit on my machine. Anyone else's like this?
Looks like the bracket spans the entire width of the game if I want to remove it and bend it towards the side some... looks like it will still be thick and the ball will hit it. May have to come up with something to "smooth" it over a bit to reduce ball rejections.

IMG_5584 (resized).JPGIMG_5584 (resized).JPG
#4186 4 years ago

Mine has minimal to no gap. Chimi shot works 80%+

#4187 4 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Part of the issue making the right orbit is this bracket sticks out quite a bit on my machine. Anyone else's like this?
Looks like the bracket spans the entire width of the game if I want to remove it and bend it towards the side some... looks like it will still be thick and the ball will hit it. May have to come up with something to "smooth" it over a bit to reduce ball rejections.[quoted image]

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but yes you probably need to figure out how to bend that back against the side. Mine is perfectly flush and I’ve never had one issue in that area.

#4188 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but yes you probably need to figure out how to bend that back against the side. Mine is perfectly flush and I’ve never had one issue in that area.

Ya same here mine is flush up against the side. Might have to remove it and bend it back. I can see how the ball can smack it cause it’s sticking out. I just put up my pro for sale after 4 months. I want to get a premium now. The game is that good.

#4189 4 years ago

Luckily it was an easier fix than I anticipated. I was able to remove the nearby screw and carefully pry the bracket out with a screwdriver and bend it with my fingers. Came out really nice. Yeah, I'm loving my Pro... have had it for a week now since arriving NIB. Added side blades, shaker and external sub so far.

IMG_5591 (resized).JPGIMG_5591 (resized).JPG
#4190 4 years ago

My left flipper is getting weaker with time. It’s gotten to the point where a solid shot up the katana ramp runs out of momentum before it turns to load the hilt.

I replaced the stern coil stops out with the pinball life ones about 50 games ago. Otherwise I haven’t messed with them.

Any likely culprits?

#4191 4 years ago
Quoted from fissionch1ps:

My left flipper is getting weaker with time. It’s gotten to the point where a solid shot up the katana ramp runs out of momentum before it turns to load the hilt.
I replaced the stern coil stops out with the pinball life ones about 50 games ago. Otherwise I haven’t messed with them.
Any likely culprits?

Coil swelling? Does the flipper move easily if you manually move it by hand and snap back when you let go?

#4192 4 years ago

I had my left flipper binding and sticking after a couple months and had to undo the linkage and lift it a little. I now have to do the cool stops as there is brass shavings under the left. AMD in Australia gave me a freebie but are there better ones to do it? If so please link.

#4193 4 years ago

Just noticed a cracked/split rubber on this post, as this is my first pin (LE) I'm not sure where to purchase a replacement, should I replace all rubbers at the same time? The online kits all seem to be rubber bands vs the post rubber I need. Any help appreciated

SplitRubber (resized).jpgSplitRubber (resized).jpg
#4194 4 years ago
Quoted from waaylander:

Just noticed a cracked/split rubber on this post, as this is my first pin (LE) I'm not sure where to purchase a replacement, should I replace all rubbers at the same time? The online kits all seem to be rubber bands vs the post rubber I need. Any help appreciated[quoted image]

I had the same thing. Got a handful from titan.

#4195 4 years ago
Quoted from fissionch1ps:

I had the same thing. Got a handful from titan.

Thanks, Checking the website, do you order "Post sleeve - Stern Slim" in RED?

https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=52&search=post+rubber

#4196 4 years ago

I ordered the standard sleeves, which were a bit thicker than the originals. They still work fine. So the stern slim should do the trick. I didn’t order the slims though.

#4197 4 years ago

I see you’re in oz so shipping is pricey. So here’s some pics to see exactly what I got. Titan standard on left.

D9B67128-6108-4BF1-8724-9626F25EB33E (resized).jpegD9B67128-6108-4BF1-8724-9626F25EB33E (resized).jpegE82CAF51-ADB3-476E-8DD2-D51CD5ADABD7 (resized).jpegE82CAF51-ADB3-476E-8DD2-D51CD5ADABD7 (resized).jpeg
#4198 4 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I had my left flipper binding and sticking after a couple months and had to undo the linkage and lift it a little. I now have to do the cool stops as there is brass shavings under the left. AMD in Australia gave me a freebie but are there better ones to do it? If so please link.

There some other threads on stern coil stops failing. These are the recommended replacement:

https://www.pinballlife.com/flipper-coil-stop-for-sternsega.html

I did it to mine, but haven’t put enough games in to give a review. So far so good.

#4199 4 years ago

Thanks, that's really helpful!

#4200 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Coil swelling? Does the flipper move easily if you manually move it by hand and snap back when you let go?

Yeah, no problems with movement. I put it in coil test, fired the flipper ~100x and tested movement again. All fine. It’s a subtle problem. Just noticing the oomf on the left isn’t quite there.

Not seeing any mechanical problems or linkage issues

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.95
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

There are 16,266 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/84?hl=gumby510 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.