(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,295 posts
  • 1,092 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 46 hours ago by Magicman
  • Topic is favorited by 557 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240422_042849~2 (resized).jpg
20240420_214553 (resized).jpg
20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 326.
#4101 4 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

Had a sluggish left flipper. I was used to hitting the katana ramp pretty consistently and the last few game I’ve played it was near impossible to make it all the way up. Found the culprit. Broken off piece of the coil stop was magnetized to the plunger. Keep an eye on them. At least it’s an easy fix.[quoted image]

#4102 4 years ago

I’ll take a coil stop failure over play field issues any day.

#4103 4 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

I’ll take a coil stop failure over play field issues any day.

Agreed, but this has been an issue in Stern games for a couple of years. Such a fundamental part that really affects gameplay Cheap to make, and cheap to make better. Why skimp on 5c? Maybe the feedback doesn't get back to Stern?

#4104 4 years ago

Hooked up an external sub to Deadpool and Spiderman today. What a difference!

#4105 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Agreed, but this has been an issue in Stern games for a couple of years. Such a fundamental part that really affects gameplay Cheap to make, and cheap to make better.

You can add switch connectors to that list also.

#4106 4 years ago

So....I just bought a Deadpool Premium. Really excited, as the distributor has confirmed it's shipped and will be here tomorrow or Tuesday. One minor issue... I haven't quite told my wife about the machine yet! She is a pinball fan, but might think it was a bit of a frivolous purchase. From my perspective, I wanted an asset I could enjoy as opposed to subjecting these funds to stock-market risk.
Anyone have any thoughts? I'm sure it will work out either way!

#4107 4 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

So....I just bought a Deadpool Premium. Really excited, as the distributor has confirmed it's shipped and will be here tomorrow or Tuesday. One minor issue... I haven't quite told my wife about the machine yet! She is a pinball fan, but might think it was a bit of a frivolous purchase. From my perspective, I wanted an asset I could enjoy as opposed to subjecting these funds to stock-market risk.

Deadpool's reputation has been on the steady rise, it's now considered one of the top Sterns. It will keep its resale value, especially a premium. In the meantime, you get to play Deadpool. YOLO

#4108 4 years ago

I don't think you'll loose much if any over the long term with a DeadPool. Maybe just that NIB extra coin, but it may come back to you if new prices keep going up.

#4109 4 years ago

Just got my nib deadpool pro friday. Finally got it set up today. Its become a favorite of mine from playing on location. A few things i noticed:

1. Mine has code 1.03 installed. Stern website only shows code 1.02? I guess Cable might of built mine?

2. The sounds, music, and callouts are awesome! Can't hear the half of it on location.

3. Maybe its the lit up public location im used to but im not fond of the red leds on the side plastics by dead/pool, red leds are hard to see any of the art with.

4. Are these plastics over the slings normal? I swear i haven't noticed these on the location pro if they are.

5. Again this machine is just Awesome.

20190908_203758 (resized).jpg20190908_203758 (resized).jpg
#4110 4 years ago

I believe so on the plastic s over slings. It's a fun game

#4111 4 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

Just got my nib deadpool pro friday. Finally got it set up today. Its become a favorite of mine from playing on location. A few things i noticed:
1. Mine has code 1.03 installed. Stern website only shows code 1.02? I guess Cable might of built mine?

I believe it is 1.03 because stern is now putting the power disable switch when you open the coin door, .02 to .03 was to support that switch maybe. The DP and BM66 I just bought both have a .01 higher revision in software, and both have the switch.

I may be wrong, but that would be my guess, and also why it isnt the latest release on the website.

#4112 4 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

3. Maybe its the lit up public location im used to but im not fond of the red leds on the side plastics by dead/pool, red leds are hard to see any of the art with.
[quoted image]

I agree 100%. I recommend swapping out all the cool white and red LED's with Comet Sunlight "Opmax" LED's. I also added a couple of spotlights and a Sunlight trough strip too.

20190804_183358 (resized).jpg20190804_183358 (resized).jpg
#4113 4 years ago

Just ordered my #Deadpool LE last week, should be arriving this weekend! So pumped! Will be my first NIB

Any good advice for starting out? Anything (besides reading this 80+ page thread ^^) that I should do right away?

#4114 4 years ago
Quoted from Twiedel:

Just ordered my #Deadpool LE last week, should be arriving this weekend! So pumped! Will be my first NIB
Any good advice for starting out? Anything (besides reading this 80+ page thread ^^) that I should do right away?

Subwoofer

#4115 4 years ago

Art blades or mirror blades on DP Pre?

#4116 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Art blades or mirror blades on DP Pre?

I went with Stern art blades and love them. Some say they're too red but the premium is almost entirely blue on the outside so I don't think it's a big deal. There are so many mechanical and metal pieces on the sides where you'd be see the reflection I didn't like the thought of mirror blades for this one.

#4117 4 years ago

Shooter lane protector!

And Katana ramp - washers???

Last key post.

#4118 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

I went with Stern art blades and love them. Some say they're too red but the premium is almost entirely blue on the outside so I don't think it's a big deal. There are so many mechanical and metal pieces on the sides where you'd be see the reflection I didn't like the thought of mirror blades for this one.

Got some pictures? I’m still deciding on blades on mine.

#4119 4 years ago
Quoted from fissionch1ps:

Got some pictures? I’m still deciding on blades on mine.

Not the best pictures but here are a few with it turned on and off. Don't judge the score! Pictures from the night I got it. Most of my pictures seem to be so I can remember how to put it back together while doing the washer fix.

Attachment-1 (1) (resized).jpegAttachment-1 (1) (resized).jpegAttachment-1 (2) (resized).jpegAttachment-1 (2) (resized).jpegAttachment-1 (3) (resized).jpegAttachment-1 (3) (resized).jpegAttachment-1 (resized).jpegAttachment-1 (resized).jpeg
#4120 4 years ago
Quoted from Twiedel:

All my new sterns I put a shaker and art blades. After that it’s what ever mod I think is cool. I know people try to sell pins for more with a ton of mods but in my experience with newer sterns the shaker is one of the few that you don’t loose all the cash paid. If it’s a keeper I will go crazy with mods, if not, I usually just do those two. Art blades we just love on any pin so I’m ok with losing 75 bucks on that.

#4121 4 years ago

It freaks me out how long it takes these new style Stern machines to boot up .....
Always wondering, is It plugged it? What the hell is taking so long ... LOL

#4122 4 years ago

Any thoughts on the shaker?

#4123 4 years ago

Any thoughts on the shaker?

If I only did one upgrade it would be for the shaker. Best bang for your buck and well implemented in Deadpool. Not over or under used. Just right.

#4124 4 years ago
Quoted from Murphelman:

Made the Mr. Sinister wizard mode today. Every shot is lit. Had Big Boom ready going into it. Knowing Big Boom credits lit shots except Hell House scoop and super jackpots, I was excited bringing it into Sinister only to hit the button and nothing! I know better for next time.
Sad face!

Is there still an issue in the code with awarding big booms?

#4125 4 years ago

I have the same plastics on my Pro.

#4126 4 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

Yes! Totally agree about stock market risk. I have lost many pinball machines worth of money over the years by worrying about the retirement nest egg. Fuck it! I'm going on 56 and many friends have already died. Enjoy your life while you can! I'm going to do the same. Just trying to decide on a Dead Pool pro or a JP2 pro. Cheers! ..

#4127 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Yes! Totally agree about stock market risk. I have lost many pinball machines worth of money over the years by worrying about the retirement nest egg. Fuck it! I'm going on 56 and many friends have already died. Enjoy your life while you can! I'm going to do the same. Just trying to decide on a Dead Pool pro or a JP2 pro. Cheers! ..

I am a recent owner of both. Deadpool is imo a very good game, its also further along in code. But i think its funny, and awesome, from the callouts/dialogue to the soundtrack. And its just cool, deadpool is cool though. A great home pin. Im not into dinosaurs, so deadpool theme is waaay better. Jurassic park has a lot of unique shots, i have much less experience on it, so cannot talk it up like i can with deadpool, but it has potential to be a great game. It has the best skill shot in a game i think. And with elwin on board i expect the rules to be deeeep like iron maiden. Fuck it, get both!

Well all this talking is making me have to go play pinball now. Cant decide which one ill play first..

#4128 4 years ago

What are people still hoping for in future code updates?

#4129 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Kraken, mastodon, Vampires, lich, the brood integration. Match the code to the art.

#4130 4 years ago

Kraken, mastodon, Vampires, lich, the brood integration. Match the code to the art.

I like the 16 bit graphics, but I wouldn't complain if they upgraded it to match playfield art.

#4131 4 years ago

+ Fix priority writing for mini modes that cock block you from being able to start a wizard mode.

+ this game needs a high score table like a lot of sterns with individual achievements.

+ there’s still a couple minor bugs out there like the outlane save being used when ball saver is active. Once in a blue moon I still get odd behavior with lil Deadpool, mainly when I have Juggernaut running.

#4132 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

+ this game needs a high score table like a lot of sterns with individual achievements.
+ there’s still a couple minor bugs out there like the outlane save being used when ball saver is active.

I agree that a high score table with individual achievements would be great and the outlane save being used when the ball saver is active always pisses me off when that happens so would love to see that fixed! I also would fix the extra space after the "1" on the LCD screen - I know it's a little thing, but the game is otherwise pretty polished so visually I find it mildly annoying and imagine it's an easy fix, but then again, I am not a programmer so maybe it's not so easy.

#4133 4 years ago

Are big code updates really expected? How about Siryn or Cable?

#4134 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

+ Fix priority writing for mini modes that cock block you from being able to start a wizard mode.
+ there’s still a couple minor bugs out there like the outlane save being used when ball saver is active. Once in a blue moon I still get odd behavior with lil Deadpool, mainly when I have Juggernaut running.

Oh wow, no high score achievements? That is surely coming.

I played this game a year ago and walked away saying to myself that I would never ever buy this game.

Fast forward and yup, going to get one

Things like the Big BOOM just sound super fun.

Watched a recent video of the game and can't believe how much better it is now. Talk about a sleeper.

#4135 4 years ago

Question fellas, I bought a pro NIB last year at release and then sold it shortly after. I had no issues with it. Fast forward to now and I am looking into buying another one NIB. Are there any new issues that I should be aware of that is now happening with the most recent run of these? I already know about the coil stops, but has the "Cleargate" issue taken it's toll on DP too? Just wondering if I should wait or go ahead and buy.

Thanks!!

#4136 4 years ago

Oh wow, no high score achievements? That is surely coming.
I played this game a year ago and walked away saying to myself that I would never ever buy this game.
Fast forward and yup, going to get one
Things like the Big BOOM just sound super fun.
Watched a recent video of the game and can't believe how much better it is now. Talk about a sleeper.

Ha! I did the same thing! A year ago, I literally laughed at my buddy because he picked one of these up. Fast forward to this week... I have a pro inbound to my gameroom.

I've gotten pretty damn good lately at removing my foot from my mouth and eating shit tons of crow. I have learned I am a crappy judge of new games.

Brian

#4137 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

It's got quite a few weird bugs still, like:

1 - Mystery weapons on the wheel not being added to your weapon screen total that comes immediately after it until the NEXT time you're at hellhouse, even though the game is processing the higher number internally.

2 - Weirdness with Li'l Deadpool. I hit it and right as the timer was ending (before the ball was auto-released), I hit the hellhouse scoop. It asked me to pick an opponent very briefly, then the screen freaked out a little, the drop targets fell and it played Li'l Deadpool stuff THEN as I was in multiball, it went back to the selection screen and asked me to choose an opponent, which was understandably challenging in multiball. This would be pretty easy to reproduce with the glass off, I would think.

3- Throws fake trough errors in the diagnostics that clear just by kicking a ball from the trough.

4 - The eyes on the "say it announcer guy" deadpool 3D model are not solid. There are gaps in the model at the corners of the eyes that let you see through to whatever's behind it.

5 - The graphic of the pinball being loaded into the Katana on screen is slightly too large, so you can barely see the top of the ball bleeding outside of the top of the handle after it goes in.

6 - While restarting the game between the bonus screen and the match wheel, the game restarted, but it counted the new game's first ball kickout to the trough as "ball save" (with the callout and animation on the screen) burning the ball save for that first ball.

BTW, is there anything after MegaKrakadonkulus Rex? Defeating that's as far as I've gotten, but I defeated it and drained, so I don't know if there's more...

#4138 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

If I only did one upgrade it would be for the shaker. Best bang for your buck and well implemented in Deadpool. Not over or under used. Just right.

I actually really dislike shaker in this game(imho). Its just too much even on moderare and when you set it to minimal it never goes off. Maybe I installed it wrong but its just way to strong, loud, and annoying to me!

Maybe I just like minimal shakers. One game I really like it in is dialed in. When you hit the moving electricity guy you get some nice feedback and sound like electricity.

#4139 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

BTW, is there anything after MegaKrakadonkulus Rex? Defeating that's as far as I've gotten, but I defeated it and drained, so I don't know if there's more...

Mr. Sinister: Clone Multiball and Mr. Sinister: The Final Battle. Unless you're saying you've done those too. But those two along with The Megakrakolodonus Rex are the wizard modes.

#4140 4 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Question fellas, I bought a pro NIB last year at release and then sold it shortly after. I had no issues with it. Fast forward to now and I am looking into buying another one NIB. Are there any new issues that I should be aware of that is now happening with the most recent run of these? I already know about the coil stops, but has the "Cleargate" issue taken it's toll on DP too? Just wondering if I should wait or go ahead and buy.
Thanks!!

I bout a NIB DP pro last week and it arrived friday. It says August 22, 2019 on the back of the cabinet. I have no pooling, My Jurassic park pro I think has august 12 on the back of cab and has pooling. But the pooling isn't even very noticeable. I wouldn't have noticed most likely unless I was looking for it. The photos make it look way worse than it is.

#4141 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

...BTW, is there anything after MegaKrakadonkulus Rex? Defeating that's as far as I've gotten, but I defeated it and drained, so I don't know if there's more...

than DP is too hard for you, put some ring-rubbers at metal posts at in/outlanes than

(lol inside)

#4142 4 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

I bout a NIB DP pro last week and it arrived friday. It says August 22, 2019 on the back of the cabinet. I have no pooling, My Jurassic park pro I think has august 12 on the back of cab and has pooling. But the pooling isn't even very noticeable. I wouldn't have noticed most likely unless I was looking for it. The photos make it look way worse than it is.

Thanks for chiming in on this. Come on guys!!! Someone else give me some good news so I can pull the trigger on one of these again. I'm literally afraid until I hear otherwise.

#4143 4 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Thanks for chiming in on this. Come on guys!!! Someone else give me some good news so I can pull the trigger on one of these again. I'm literally afraid until I hear otherwise.

Ditto, just wait it out until Stern stops ignoring the issue.

Everyone should be sending pics to their distro so they can send to Stern.

#4144 4 years ago

I'm not sure I've seen any reports of pooling on Deadpool. I'm guessing these playfields were printed and coated a long time ago even if they were assembled recently. Only issue I've seen in this group is the scraping at the Katana guide which can be fixed with the washers.

#4145 4 years ago

Don’t know much about bugs except some “numbers spacing” on Mysrery Award wheel.

Also, sometimes I’ll start Mechsuit multiball when Mystery Award is lit, and I’ll get an add-a-ball to start, which is pretty stupid.

#4146 4 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Don’t know much about bugs except some “numbers spacing” on Mysrery Award wheel.
Also, sometimes I’ll start Mechsuit multiball when Mystery Award is lit, and I’ll get an add-a-ball to start, which is pretty stupid.

yep, already reported...
Tanio is Lonnie's son in coding (not saying its a bad thing)

in fact, simple, routine is considering to 1st check the mystery before giving the next mission
i can understand that, but than mystery should NOT consider a MB is following, and not give add-a-ball while MB have still not began :/
easy correction, may be in a future code

in fact, as in most of games, you'll know directly (check playfield & lights) what you'll get before the wheel stop, a bit sad while it kills the suspens...

#4147 4 years ago

Well as an owner of a Jurassic park with pooling i can say the whole pooling scare seems to be quite overblown. Not trying to hijack or start another debate, ive read both sides. But the pooling is hard to see unless you're actually face to glass looking for it. The pictures are super close up and make it look worse than it does in person. And again my deadpool has no pooling, if drowning in the pools is the only thing stopping you from your purchase, id say go for it. If you've never played deadpool in a private setting where you can hear everything it has to offer you're in for a treat. I don't want to part with mine but it will be going on location soon. It was enough to convince me that i need to install a headphone jack on it though, so players can have the intended experience in the wild.

#4148 4 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

Well as an owner of a Jurassic park with pooling i can say the whole pooling scare seems to be quite overblown. Not trying to hijack or start another debate, ive read both sides. But the pooling is hard to see unless you're actually face to glass looking for it. The pictures are super close up and make it look worse than it does in person. And again my deadpool has no pooling, if drowning in the pools is the only thing stopping you from your purchase, id say go for it. If you've never played deadpool in a private setting where you can hear everything it has to offer you're in for a treat. I don't want to part with mine but it will be going on location soon. It was enough to convince me that i need to install a headphone jack on it though, so players can have the intended experience in the wild.

The main problem is that the pooling can and does lead to chipping. It took a year on the Iron Maiden Prem we have, but one of the pooled star posts chipped a chunk off to the wood ON THE INSIDE OF THE SLING, meaning it likely chipped off from vibration transferred through hits to the star post since no ball is ever making contact in there. Curse you, post pass!

So, yeah, definitely something to keep an eye on, regardless of how minor the pooling looks on yours now.

#4149 4 years ago

My Deadpool Premium arrives tomorrow between 8am and noon. Took the day off work. I am so pumped. Like a kid before Christmas.

#4150 4 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I don't think you'll loose much if any over the long term with a DeadPool. Maybe just that NIB extra coin, but it may come back to you if new prices keep going up.

Bingo!
Mine has been paid off on location for a few months. Once it's been paid off twice i'm really considering getting a second dp pro out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 64.99
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bay Area, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/83?hl=twiedel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.