(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,295 posts
  • 1,092 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Magicman
  • Topic is favorited by 557 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240422_042849~2 (resized).jpg
20240420_214553 (resized).jpg
20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 326.
#4051 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Just make sure you put washers under the katana shot guide so you don't get a huge gouge in your playfield like I did .
Post 3865 on Page 78

This is probably a really stupid/nit picky question but is there a preference of nylon or neoprene washers for this fix?

#4052 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Pfft. Having the rubber on the lane dividers ruins the game (as you've seen), and since the ball is FALLING onto the metal (when it hits at all), that's much less damaging than firing them onto metal upstream from the flippers. I say take the rubber he added to the lane divider posts off so the game plays as designed instead of being a kindergarten version. With rubber on those posts, the game plays WAY too long and too easy.
Then when you are to give the machine back to the preschool, spring for $12 of new balls so he/she has nothing to complain about.

Are the rubbers I have circled in the pic (sorry, I stole pics from Stern website... I get my DP Pro next week, hopefully) the ones that are supposed to be removed? Thanks!

Capture2 (resized).jpgCapture2 (resized).jpg
#4053 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

This is probably a really stupid/nit picky question but is there a preference of nylon or neoprene washers for this fix?

I did a neoprene washer on the bottom with a metal washer on top. I know others did nylon instead of neoprene though.

#4054 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

Either are fine. It’s just to keep the stainless lane divider from digging in. I used nylon under stainless washers.

Quoted from awesome1:

Are the rubbers I have circled in the pic (sorry, I stole pics from Stern website... I get my DP Pro next week, hopefully) the ones that are supposed to be removed? Thanks![quoted image]

Yes. My machine came with bare posts. I don’t see much difference with having the outlanes opened up all the way and putting 3/8” OD rings on the posts to having nothing on them.

I found it was chewing up the original pinballs without rubber so I added the rings and replaced the balls. It could have just been a ball quality thing because they looked dinged up after a few dozen games.

#4055 4 years ago

I have a few questions for you Gurus here:

1) Is there any good documentation on what effects the different installs in the service menu do to the game? The manual is no help and the changelogs don’t shed much light either.

2) Also, any documentation on what competition mode does?

3) Also, what does disabling “mature” do? Remove the word “badass” and a few graphic threats from the goon squad?

Thanks!

#4056 4 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Are the rubbers I have circled in the pic (sorry, I stole pics from Stern website... I get my DP Pro next week, hopefully) the ones that are supposed to be removed? Thanks![quoted image]

The rubber is not supposed to be there at all. They don't come from the factory on those posts at the top of the lane guides. If you add them, it makes the game WAY WAY too easy and ball times really long.

#4057 4 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

I think others have mentioned this in the past. I found a black zip tie and secured Wolverine’s right leg to the top of the spinner bracket. This leg was falling behind the bracket and affecting the spinner.
It’s the little things in life that make you happy when they work correctly.[quoted image]

I've made the same on mine, but the black zip didn't stay on foot very long, despite tightening. After many repositionings, I finished to remove the black zip definitively a few months later. Afterall It have had a benefit because the Wolverine's leg never left down again.

#4058 4 years ago

@ outposts (from full close to full open), and keeping rubbers on the metal post, for info :

near 1 week after i've beaten DEADPOOL (scoring 6B points), all scores were reseted & i'm now at 2.2 (all scores entry going from 1.4 to 2.2) with further i've gone is 3 time to CLONE SINISTER...

you to set your pin as you prefer but yes, DP does not feel hard (like for example TWD can be)

#4059 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

@ outposts (from full close to full open), and keeping rubbers on the metal post, for info :
near 1 week after i've beaten DEADPOOL (scoring 6B points), all scores were reseted & i'm now at 2.2 (all scores entry going from 1.4 to 2.2) with further i've gone is 3 time to CLONE SINISTER...
you to set your pin as you prefer but yes, DP does not feel hard (like for example TWD can be)

Deadpool is NOWHERE NEAR as hard as TWD. But it's more fun. TWD can be a grind to get going.

#4060 4 years ago

man I need to get practising on this the scores here are huge!

#4061 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Deadpool is NOWHERE NEAR as hard as TWD. But it's more fun. TWD can be a grind to get going.

and we agreed than... (and it was just an example)
i remember sometimes my TWD was not only (very) hard, but also frustrating at some point :/

#4062 4 years ago

and big lol a my son just beat me with 2.8B while putting his name only at the GC place... bad boy !!!

#4063 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

I've made the same on mine, but the black zip didn't stay on foot very long, despite tightening. After many repositionings, I finished to remove the black zip definitively a few months later. Afterall It have had a benefit because the Wolverine's leg never left down again.

My modified attempt. I kept the first tie around the toes. Was at Starbucks and noticed a women wearing a shoe with the straps tied around her legs several times. I decided to add a second tie that criss-crosses around the back of the leg and then loops around the front.

Looking at the other foot, now he has two matching ties.
F6636207-A193-4D35-A3B8-ECCA79D551FF (resized).jpegF6636207-A193-4D35-A3B8-ECCA79D551FF (resized).jpeg

#4064 4 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

My modified attempt. I kept the first tie around the toes. Was at Starbucks and noticed a women wearing a shoe with the straps tied around her legs several times. I decided to add a second tie that criss-crosses around the back of the leg and then loops around the front.
[quoted image]

Great, it can do the job in this improved version

#4065 4 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

[quoted image]

Looks like you have a few mods there. I see at least 3. Looking good!

#4066 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

I did a neoprene washer on the bottom with a metal washer on top. I know others did nylon instead of neoprene though.

What size washer?

#4067 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

Looks like you have a few mods there. I see at least 3. Looking good!

I only did 5 mods (Hell House, lit flames on truck, nice sword handle, plastic protectors on slings and in/out lane guides, and plunger head). I did add the stern topper, and the washers under the right lane guide.

The original tie I added fell off Wolverine. The twisted one I just added is still there. Hopefully it stays in place. You can see the tie dangling at the left side of the spinner.
B92285B3-5039-4368-B6F6-7967D2004FA9 (resized).jpegB92285B3-5039-4368-B6F6-7967D2004FA9 (resized).jpeg

#4068 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

What size washer?

I used a #8 metal washer and a 5/32 neoprene.

#4069 4 years ago

Speaking of washers, I've had my DP Premium since July. Just recently, I started getting loud unexpected thumps. I thought it was related to Lil Deadpool and the drop target issues there. Nope. It was the POOL targets. Can you figure out why? I did.

IMG_2407[1] (resized).JPGIMG_2407[1] (resized).JPG
#4070 4 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Speaking of washers, I've had my DP Premium since July. Just recently, I started getting loud unexpected thumps. I thought it was related to Lil Deadpool and the drop target issues there. Nope. It was the POOL targets. Can you figure out why? I did.[quoted image]

Target plastic bending? It's becoming more common.

#4071 4 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Speaking of washers, I've had my DP Premium since July. Just recently, I started getting loud unexpected thumps. I thought it was related to Lil Deadpool and the drop target issues there. Nope. It was the POOL targets. Can you figure out why? I did.[quoted image]

Did the washer break through the plastic or something? It's just gone...

#4072 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Did the washer break through the plastic or something? It's just gone...

Very good. I surmise that the washer was never there. Drop target is in perfect condition. However, the spring had worked a bit to the other side through the whole in the middle of the target (because of the missing washer). It would no longer lock in place.

#4073 4 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Very good. I surmise that the washer was never there. Drop target is in perfect condition. However, the spring had worked a bit to the other side through the whole in the middle of the target (because of the missing washer). It would no longer lock in place.

Fess up! You took the washer out to put it under the right side lane guide, am I right?

#4074 4 years ago

Finally did the washer fix at the ball guide. Thanks to you all for letting us know about this issue. Also, while vacuuming the cabinet, a broken drill bit was found magnetized to the speaker. I thought that was interesting.

20190902_150008 (resized).jpg20190902_150008 (resized).jpg20190902_152245 (resized).jpg20190902_152245 (resized).jpg20190902_152822 (resized).jpg20190902_152822 (resized).jpg20190902_152828 (resized).jpg20190902_152828 (resized).jpg20190902_152834 (resized).jpg20190902_152834 (resized).jpg20190902_161317 (resized).jpg20190902_161317 (resized).jpg
#4075 4 years ago
Quoted from durgee7:

Finally did the washer fix at the ball guide. Thanks to you all for letting us know about this issue. Also, while vacuuming the cabinet, a broken drill bit was found magnetized to the speaker. I thought that was interesting.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's actually one of Gomez's toothpicks. Very rarely seen outside Stern. Must have been inspecting the Deadpool line after lunch the day yours was made. Lucky duck.

#4076 4 years ago

A few days ago the black service menu button stopped working on my DP Pro. Everything else seems fine, and I can't see any loose or disconnected wires. The other three buttons on that plate work fine. Any ideas on what could be wrong?

#4077 4 years ago

I had the brilliant idea of doing the washer fix without a nut driver. All the sudden adding a few washers was making me take way too much of the table apart to be able to fit my wrench in. Lesson learned that I need the right tools for job! I eventually gave up and hopefully put everything back the way it was but will be back asap. Putting that sensor of this area back together was much tougher without disassembling the pop bumpers!

#4078 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

I had the brilliant idea of doing the washer fix without a nut driver. All the sudden adding a few washers was making me take way too much of the table apart to be able to fit my wrench in. Lesson learned that I need the right tools for job! I eventually gave up and hopefully put everything back the way it was but will be back asap. Putting that sensor of this area back together was much tougher without disassembling the pop bumpers!

For me, the worst part was removing that damn post holding the mid section of ball guide (where flat metal tab is in contact with playfield). On the underside of the playfield, a simple nut. At the playfield, so much clutter made it very difficult to rotate a wrench. The nut drivers I have do not go far enough down the post to engage the bottom. It took forever!

#4079 4 years ago

‪9pm eastern: DeathSaveArcade presents Deadpool Premium! Time to break another billion and knock Mr. Sinister out!‬

‪www.Twitch.tv/DeathSaveArcade‬
‪Come join the Reaper Army!‬

Hope to see all you pinheads tonight! Come hang out!

#4080 4 years ago

I’ve only had Deadpool for less than a week ... but I’ve gotta tell ya ... I freakin’ LOVE this game !!!

#4081 4 years ago

Got the final version of the cliffy today!

20190903_223455 (resized).jpg20190903_223455 (resized).jpg
#4082 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Got the final version of the cliffy today![quoted image]

Looks great! Well done. Gotta love that Cliffy!

#4083 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

I need to check but I think I put mine on the other way. I assumed the “peel off” side went down?

Also, did you put washers under guide as well or just place guide on top of cliffy?

Thx
M

#4084 4 years ago
Quoted from mjs2:

I need to check but I think I put mine on the other way. I assumed the “peel off” side went down?
Also, did you put washers under guide as well or just place guide on top of cliffy?
Thx
M

The final version was flipped from the shape of the original. This is the adhesive side down for me at least. I did not put washers on the post with the cliffy so the front could put some pressure on the cliffy itself, but I did put washers on every other post.

#4085 4 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

I only did 5 mods (Hell House, lit flames on truck, nice sword handle, plastic protectors on slings and in/out lane guides, and plunger head). I did add the stern topper, and the washers under the right lane guide.
The original tie I added fell off Wolverine. The twisted one I just added is still there. Hopefully it stays in place. You can see the tie dangling at the left side of the spinner.
[quoted image]

How is the hell house secured on there? I love how it looks.

#4086 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

I couldnt find it on his website. can you link? thanks!

#4087 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I couldnt find it on his website. can you link? thanks!

Just email him, not everything he makes is listed.

#4088 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

The final version was flipped from the shape of the original. This is the adhesive side down for me at least. I did not put washers on the post with the cliffy so the front could put some pressure on the cliffy itself, but I did put washers on every other post.

Interesting - got mine 5 days ago from the latest batch as well - as long as it does the job really doesn’t matter I guess. Thanks for the washer info.

#4089 4 years ago

Just joined the club. I ordered a DP premium today. Very excited. It will have Stern's Topper, Kitana side armor, and shooter knob. Can anyone suggest any other 'must have mods' and what "preventative measures should I implement once I get it? Thanks in advance for all suggestions.

#4090 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Just joined the club. I ordered a DP premium today. Very excited. It will have Stern's Topper, Kitana side armor, and shooter knob. Can anyone suggest any other 'must have mods' and what "preventative measures should I implement once I get it? Thanks in advance for all suggestions.

You’re going to love it congrats! Not really a mod but I added a 3.75” Colossus figurine off eBay that I love. Put it where he goes on the Pro and fits perfectly. No shaker?!

#4091 4 years ago

Maybe the ninja stars for bumbers?

#4092 4 years ago

Mirror blades if it doesn't have them. I found Deadpool dark (pro) and added blades and Pinstadiums together. It's the only machine i have pinstadiums on, but not the only machine with mirror blades.
Lights up the space between the flippers. you could maybe use some leds in the ball return to shine on that area too or some spots.

#4093 4 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Mirror blades if it doesn't have them. I found Deadpool dark (pro) and added blades and Pinstadiums together. It's the only machine i have pinstadiums on, but not the only machine with mirror blades.
Lights up the space between the flippers. you could maybe use some leds in the ball return to shine on that area too or some spots.

I’m thinking about putting mirror blades on mine. Would you mind posting a picture of yours?

#4094 4 years ago

Sure. I like the topper i got too, not positive where that came from. I hate the shooter handle with the Deadpool face and the crossed swords, the swords broke off the first day and now the rough edges cut your hands. I'll have to pull it back out and grind it smooth, but really poor design.

IMGP0190 (resized).jpgIMGP0190 (resized).jpgdp6 (resized).jpgdp6 (resized).jpgdp7 (resized).jpgdp7 (resized).jpg
#4095 4 years ago

Thanks for everyone 's input. I am getting mirror blades and a shaker so the pin will have those, Stern's topper and shooter rod and invisiglass and kitana blades. It should be pretty tricked out when I get it but I always say the more mods/toys the better.

#4096 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

You'll really dig the pin. But unfortunately the Katana armor is SUPER CHEAP looking and feeling in person. Stern totally cheaped out on it so I wouldn't normally recommend it, but since you already have it on the way, not much to do about it now. (For people who aren't locked into the Katana armor) For just a little more than that katana armor costs you could have red sparkle armor similar to the LE that looks much better.

Shaker motor's a great purchase for Deadpool. Integration is good. We ended up swapping out for a Pro translite on the Premium because the Premium translite just didn't seem as cool, so that's another option.

#4097 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Can’t wait to get my Premium. Should be here in a couple of weeks.
Is there a key post with all the tweaks you guys have had to make?

Give me a ring when you get it mate and I can help. Great to see you in the club very soon.

#4098 4 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Give me a ring when you get it mate and I can help. Great to see you in the club very soon.

Will do JP. Can’t wait.

#4099 4 years ago

I also have pdi glass. Hooking Deadpool and Spiderman up to an external sub today.

#4100 4 years ago

Had a sluggish left flipper. I was used to hitting the katana ramp pretty consistently and the last few game I’ve played it was near impossible to make it all the way up. Found the culprit. Broken off piece of the coil stop was magnetized to the plunger. Keep an eye on them. At least it’s an easy fix.

E9F94D81-9F96-42CD-9007-F1DBE56CEEB2 (resized).jpegE9F94D81-9F96-42CD-9007-F1DBE56CEEB2 (resized).jpeg Added over 5 years ago:

Of note: I had no gold dust on bottom of cabinet.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinsburg, WV
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bryn Athyn, PA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grovetown, GA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/82?hl=vividpsychosis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.