(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 4,373 posts
  • 417 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 34 minutes ago by sohchx
  • Topic is favorited by 171 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 981 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191015_174956 (resized).jpg
20191015_191844 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screen Shot 2019-10-06 at 4.25.35 PM (resized).png
050-deadpool (resized).jpg
20191004_094910.jpg
523F64C8-1E30-4288-812E-E12DDFA8D1D4 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_20190912_110520 (resized).jpg
20190804_183413 (resized).jpg
20190804_183358 (resized).jpg
373D317B-C13E-4907-8973-9460E165C450 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0283 (resized).JPG
ninja (resized).jpg
flipper (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

32 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 4373 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 88.
#4001 53 days ago

Hardest to easiest for me:

Snikt
Katana
Colossus
Domino
Dazzler
Left ramp
Wolverine

Love ripping those dazzler loops.

#4002 53 days ago

Pingolf is a great way to practice shots. We hold a social comp every Sunday and just to mix it up, now and then we do Deadpool pingolf mine is like this but you can put any shots you like in there;

3 ball play. 1 stroke recorder per ball plunged. Where numbers are targets less than 50% reached = 2 penalty strokes (5 strokes total). 50% to 99% = 1 penalty stroke (4 strokes total). Reach target in 1 ball only 1 stroke recorded.
Lowest score after 9 holes wins.

1. Shoot 30 million (drain once achieved)
2. Start a multiball
3.Shoot Collussus 3 times.
4. Wheel of fortune Mystery Score. (random number tween 10 and 20 million, screen is covered with cardboard so you have to guess and drain when you are ready. Closest without busting (scoring over))
5. Hit Skill Shot on plunge.
6. One flipper each score 15 million (team of 2)
7. Score 20 million
8. Light Chimi's
9. Light 'Dead' and 'Pool'

It's always a laugh, but also a good way to dedicate practice your shots.

#4003 52 days ago

Okay Deadpool owners, I'm going to get this pin in the next month or two for sure. My question is, I'm normally a Premium or LE guy. Right now my collection has 4 LEs and 4 Premiums. Is it worth getting a Premium DP and spending $2k more than what I can get a Pro for?

#4004 52 days ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Is it worth getting a Premium DP and spending $2k more than what I can get a Pro for?

Yes, the premium is a much better game. Pro is great, but you get better flow on the premium with the diverter returning the ball to the right flipper.

You get an extra mode, Disco loops that is a lot of fun.

The drop targets on the premium are also great.

Premium is worth it. Played both extensively and I’d be happy with either, but strongly prefer the premium.

#4005 52 days ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Okay Deadpool owners, I'm going to get this pin in the next month or two for sure. My question is, I'm normally a Premium or LE guy. Right now my collection has 4 LEs and 4 Premiums. Is it worth getting a Premium DP and spending $2k more than what I can get a Pro for?

On Deadpool, Premium is by far the way to go. Pro is a different (and lesser) game experience. Be sure to order the shaker motor because premiums don't come with it and the integration is pretty good on Deadpool.

If you want LE, go for it. It's an exceptionally pretty Stern LE with the sparkle red armor and mirrored backglass.

#4006 52 days ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I got an LE. When I was first reading the posts, I thought this game could get by with a Pro. (I don't think I will ever buy a pro, but this could have been an exception.)

But the more I read the posts, the more I wanted the complete loop to the right flipper. A very expensive want for one main component.

LEs were still available NIB and really liked the red/orange color with the sparkles, the shaker motor, the mirrored backglass, and game blades.

I am very happy with the LE. I would be very happy with the Premium. I currently have 12 games and like them for different reasons. This one is just plain fun to play. It was the first game I bought that needed nothing done to it out of the box. I did add 5 mods and added the washers under the right guide that we discussed a few pages back that Cliff made a protector for.

#4007 52 days ago

the BIG day... tonight i should get a DP LE, in a temporary swap with my DI LE... new experience, let's hope this goes well (for the 2 parts)

almost, seems a good idea to make pinballs turn in the gameroom, and play/try something else for a limited period

#4008 52 days ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

the BIG day... tonight i should get a DP LE, in a temporary swap with my DI LE... new experience, let's hope this goes well (for the 2 parts)
almost, seems a good idea to make pinballs turn in the gameroom, and play/try something else for a limited period

You're not giving the DP LE back.

#4009 52 days ago

lol
you already said it

(as a "player") i know i will enjoy DP for sure
but right now, i still think DI is one of the best pin on the market, its full of very good things

but OK, will be honest and later gave feedback of course

#4010 52 days ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

lol
you already said it
(as a "player") i know i will enjoy DP for sure
but right now, i still think DI is one of the best pin on the market, its full of very good things
but OK, will be honest and later gave feedback of course

Just make sure the Deadpool LE has the latest software installed.

#4011 52 days ago

swap just done, my 1st game on it (MIC 1.5M)...
reached the mega-rex, but still have to study & understand it, was just shooting where it was blinking
easy to keep balls in play (but again, i'm a "player" lol)

WP_20190826_19_19_32_Pro (resized).jpg

WP_20190826_19_48_13_Pro (resized).jpg

#4012 52 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

Seems excessively long for protection of the guide area.

it was an emergency fix for the guy, Vic. I sent him one of the LOTR guide fix to get him going. I don't own the game and had no measurements at that point. it is much shorter and I have slotted the mount end specifically for DP now.

#4013 52 days ago

ok, believe it or not, i've beaten Deadpool already, THE FINAL BATTLE in 5 games or so...
not sure all is from factory settings (where are the save posts in the outlanes ? and i have rubbers on the posts between in/outlanes !?)

dp (resized).JPG

#4014 52 days ago
Quoted from Cliffy:

it was an emergency fix for the guy, Vic. I sent him one of the LOTR guide fix to get him going. I don't own the game and had no measurements at that point. it is much shorter and I have slotted the mount end specifically for DP now.

I would expect no less of you. Carry on.

#4015 52 days ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

ok, believe it or not, i've beaten Deadpool already, THE FINAL BATTLE in 5 games or so...
not sure all is from factory settings (where are the save posts in the outlanes ? and i have rubbers on the posts between in/outlanes !?)

Well, for one, rubbers on the posts between the outlanes is a major cheat. It keeps the ball in play forever. Those posts are designed not to have rubber in DP. Also, did you reset the game to factory settings before playing?

#4016 51 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

Well, for one, rubbers on the posts between the outlanes is a major cheat. It keeps the ball in play forever. Those posts are designed not to have rubber in DP. Also, did you reset the game to factory settings before playing?

just checked, code is from factoy, some changes in coils power & hiscore settings, but nothing about rules
than the rubbers between outlanes, and outlanes posts close at max

and than yes, you're right, way to easy as it (anyway, i'm still not to bad lol, right now 531 at IFPA)

#4017 50 days ago

confirmed by Patrick P. at STERN :

Hi Michel,
The out lane post are set at the top (widest opening) and the metal post do not ship with rubber rings.
Regards,
Patrick

i've already (re)open the outlanes posts, and the DP owner prefer that i dont remove the rubber rings (to not damage the balls)

#4018 50 days ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

Hi Michel,
The out lane post are set at the top (widest opening) and the metal post do not ship with rubber rings.
Regards,
Patrick
i've already (re)open the outlanes posts, and the DP owner prefer that i dont remove the rubber rings (to not damage the balls)

Pfft. Having the rubber on the lane dividers ruins the game (as you've seen), and since the ball is FALLING onto the metal (when it hits at all), that's much less damaging than firing them onto metal upstream from the flippers. I say take the rubber he added to the lane divider posts off so the game plays as designed instead of being a kindergarten version. With rubber on those posts, the game plays WAY too long and too easy.

Then when you are to give the machine back to the preschool, spring for $12 of new balls so he/she has nothing to complain about.

#4019 50 days ago

... or he can keep the balls from my DI kidding of course...

#4020 50 days ago

Premium is way to go. Flow, flow, flow. Plus, disco ball is awesome!

#4021 50 days ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

... or he can keep the balls from my DI kidding of course...

If he is that worried about the balls what does he do during multiball? Not play? Those hit harder together than dropping on those posts. All my sterns have no rubber on that post and I have had no issues with damage to the Pinballs.

That’s what makes me nervous about trading temporarily. Things can happen and if you have someone worried about damaging the balls id hate to see if you put even a small mark on the pin

Anyway, Glad you made it harder, it will be much more fun for you!

#4022 50 days ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

Hi Michel,
Regards,
Patrick

I’m guessing if the pin is set that easy you might want to check the tilt bob and see if it’s set to “death save all you want”.

Too forgiving a tilt setting will make any pin way too easy.

#4023 50 days ago

Has Deadpool been affected by any playfield issues that are happening on Maiden and Jurassic?

#4024 50 days ago

Actually, talking about tilts, my machine is 6.8... if I try to raise the tilt bob it hits the ring immediately. The ring is at an angle, not horizontal. The wire is just off the ring meaning I can’t raise the bob. Is there a way to adjust the ring?

#4025 50 days ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Has Deadpool been affected by any playfield issues that are happening on Maiden and Jurassic?

Mine looks good. There is just a stupid design with a ball guide which will destroy the playfield at that spot unless you put washers underneath the ball guide. Not a problem with the playfield, just a poorly designed ball guide.

#4026 50 days ago

I have played about 5 different pros and a premium and all had excellent quality playfields.

Heard some people have had a few with planking, but I haven't seen it.

#4027 50 days ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I’m guessing if the pin is set that easy you might want to check the tilt bob and see if it’s set to “death save all you want”.
Too forgiving a tilt setting will make any pin way too easy.

no, not at that point, i would say TILT is "normal" on this DP, i can have 2 big saves per ball...
on mine pins, its set like in competition, 1 small save generally gave 2 warnings...

btw, i'm still eating rules, and not sure about this : did play CLONE, but not MEGAKROLODUS
i know i didnt complete SAURON, i missed 1 U turn, is that why and than logical !?

#4028 50 days ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

...That’s what makes me nervous about trading temporarily. Things can happen...

i know, i think about this for days... will i do it ?... yes, no, yes, no, yes, no, yes, no, yes, no, yes, no, yes, no, yes, no...

now we're in, let's see later how it finish (well i hope)

#4029 50 days ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

no, not at that point, i would say TILT is "normal" on this DP, i can have 2 big saves per ball...
on mine pins, its set like in competition, 1 small save generally gave 2 warnings...
btw, i'm still eating rules, and not sure about this : did play CLONE, but not MEGAKROLODUS
i know i didnt complete SAURON, i missed 1 U turn, is that why and than logical !?

I didn't think you could get to Final Battle without Megakrak?

#4030 50 days ago

didnt reach FINAL BATTLE this time, but CLONE...

#4031 50 days ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

didnt reach FINAL BATTLE this time, but CLONE...

Oh...sorry. I saw you say you got to final battle above and assumed this was the same game. Both great accomplishments. Enjoy!

#4032 50 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

Pfft. Having the rubber on the lane dividers ruins the game (as you've seen), and since the ball is FALLING onto the metal (when it hits at all), that's much less damaging than firing them onto metal upstream from the flippers. I say take the rubber he added to the lane divider posts off so the game plays as designed instead of being a kindergarten version. With rubber on those posts, the game plays WAY too long and too easy.

For good to really good players, sure. For myself, average at best, I keep the post rubbers on, but keep the outlanes at default. It's why they are included, so the owner can make it easier if they want/need to and unfortunately I need to. I agree though, I don't think taking the rubbers off will cause any damage.

Mine has no pooling, but it is an LE so was run earlier.

#4033 50 days ago

My Premium had ink adhesion issues and I've seen numerous others with similar problems. Fantastic game, but the QC forced me to part with mine.

#4034 50 days ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Oh...sorry. I saw you say you got to final battle above and assumed this was the same game. Both great accomplishments. Enjoy!

dont be sry, its cool and yep, did this sooner in the day, while for now "only" stand at 1.5M with the new settings

and than, i still dont know if it's logical in the code (to not play MEGAKRODOLUS, but than play CLONE) !?

and while i'm here : what's the purpose of MECHSUIT MB ? i mean, its linked with nothing else, no possible stack, and than just there to have a "break" in the story line up, you make some (great) points, and nothing more !?

#4035 50 days ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

For good to really good players, sure. For myself, average at best, I keep the post rubbers on, but keep the outlanes at default. It's why they are included, so the owner can make it easier if they want/need to and unfortunately I need to. I agree though, I don't think taking the rubbers off will cause any damage.

I consider myself average to good, but maybe I need to lower my self-rating. I've owned the game since November, have the post rubbers on (outlanes to default) and I still haven't beaten the game (and have only gotten MEGAKRODOLUS twice, although have gotten in the billions several times with 2.7 billion my record).

#4036 50 days ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

For good to really good players, sure. For myself, average at best, I keep the post rubbers on, but keep the outlanes at default.

Same. I got some 3/8” OD rubbers ad well as the 7/16” or more difficulty adjustment. It seemed like the balls were getting really chewed up w/out any rubbers on the posts, but it may have been some poor quality ones that came with the game.

#4037 49 days ago

FINALLY. Broke a billion. No SNIKT target multiplier, but did collect over 100 weapons so did have base multiplier up near the end of the game. Of course, drain on the final shot for T-Rex after multiple attempts. That was all for the villians that kept me to the next level. Man this game is good. Real good.

493B90A0-D25C-4915-BC27-5342BCF3D6E0 (resized).jpeg
#4038 48 days ago

Stream by epotech last night of the 2 of us playing DP Pro.
A couple of scores over 2billion, Megakrako... reached and defeated twice, disco MB, mechsuit MB, and some alternative 'strategies' employed near the end. Can also be found on epotech's Twitch channel with chat.

We think we discovered a bug, even if minor, qualified disco MB at the left loop, display says hit the spinner to start, hit the spinner then nothing happens. Probably because something else was going on, but in that case the message should be removed.

PS (the orientation changes after 30 minutes, and the quality improves once we're given some tips)

#4039 48 days ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

We think we discovered a bug, even if minor, qualified disco MB at the left loop, display says hit the spinner to start, hit the spinner then nothing happens. Probably because something else was going on, but in that case the message should be removed.

It says the same thing for when you qualify for Mechsuit Multiball, but if other modes are running, you can't activate it either.

#4040 48 days ago

not sure if Tanio is reading here !?

than another (small bug) is the MYSTERY having priority to MECHSUIT MB (and may be/surelly others mode ?), i'll explain :

MYSTERY is available at the scoop, as MECHSUIT : you put ball in there, and you get for sure "add a ball", which is linked to MECHSUIT which is about to start...

#4041 48 days ago

Joined the CLUB last night !!!! So fun !!!

A1B3072D-A13D-4609-B6D2-C652518B4FA9 (resized).jpeg1EF624DA-410A-4F4D-A513-E9ADDCA35BC8 (resized).jpeg8C20D945-B1CC-4FC1-8C8C-02A855180BDC (resized).jpeg
#4042 48 days ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

FINALLY. Broke a billion...

just for you (and as always friendly of course), just had a MECHSUIT MB at... 976M
starting it i was on PF X2, ending it i was on X4...

#4043 47 days ago

I think others have mentioned this in the past. I found a black zip tie and secured Wolverine’s right leg to the top of the spinner bracket. This leg was falling behind the bracket and affecting the spinner.

It’s the little things in life that make you happy when they work correctly.

9C8E7482-3BB0-45F7-BE1B-9504ED40B0AD (resized).jpeg
#4044 47 days ago

I'm coming up on 1 year of my DP Pro being on route with heavy play weekly. It's been paid off for a while. Once it hits the 1 year mark i'll give an overall review of how it has done and held up.

#4045 47 days ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Mine looks good. There is just a stupid design with a ball guide which will destroy the playfield at that spot unless you put washers underneath the ball guide. Not a problem with the playfield, just a poorly designed ball guide.

Where? Can you show a visual?

#4046 47 days ago

I FINALLY got the GC on my Deadpool! Maybe one of these days I'll crack a billion.

20190830_203809 (resized).jpg
#4047 47 days ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Where? Can you show a visual?

If you have damage, Cliff made a protector. See post #3937. (Page 79)

I didn’t have damage and added a nylon washer and regular washer at the front and back of the guide. I took pictures and posted in post #3865. (Page 78)

It’s easier to buy Cliffs protector since you only have to loosen bottom bolt and slide the protector in and tighten.
79A81320-0A16-4219-80FE-AC768DE70558 (resized).jpeg

#4048 47 days ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

If you have damage, Cliff made a protector. See post #3937. (Page 79)
I didn’t have damage and added a nylon washer and regular washer at the front and back of the guide. I took pictures and posted in post #3865. (Page 78)
It’s easier to buy Cliffs protector since you only have to loosen bottom bolt and slide the protector in and tighten.
[quoted image]

thanks. Ive had mine since early in the year and havent seen any damage. will check your previous post.

#4049 47 days ago

Can’t wait to get my Premium. Should be here in a couple of weeks.

Is there a key post with all the tweaks you guys have had to make?

#4050 47 days ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Can’t wait to get my Premium. Should be here in a couple of weeks.
Is there a key post with all the tweaks you guys have had to make?

Just make sure you put washers under the katana shot guide so you don't get a huge gouge in your playfield like I did .

Post 3865 on Page 78

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
There are 4373 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 88.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside