(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,261 posts
  • 1,089 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by Minibull
  • Topic is favorited by 555 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg
dp27 (resized).jpg
dp16 (resized).jpg
IMG_2260 (resized).jpg
IMG_2259 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,261 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 326.
#3951 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Seems excessively long for protection of the guide area.

This damage was caused by the guide scraping the play field. Seems like if you don't have any damage you are trying to cover a simple washer would be enough to lift the guide off the play field.

#3952 4 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

This damage was caused by the guide scraping the play field. Seems like if you don't have any damage you are trying to cover a simple washer would be enough to lift the guide off the play field.

Yeah the washer fix is what most people are doing, unfortunately I was unlucky and have some pretty bad damage underneath that guide. While I get the complaints about it being a little long (again, it's his first draft of it), I'm incredibly happy with it, as it completely covers the damage, and now I know it won't get worse.

The final iteration will be shorter, for the time being this was a WIP based off his LOTR protector for a similar issue.

#3953 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

Thank you! I love how the lines follow the angles of the machine. The simplicity of this is awesome since there is already so much amazing art on this one. What program are you using to do this?

Photoshop. Probably could use one of the similar free programs but it is what I'm accustomed to using.

#3954 4 years ago

Fresh LE owner here.

#3955 4 years ago

It has now been 3 days since I received my Deadpool and I just have to say this is one impressive pinball machine!
I have been doing this for quite some time and played a lot of different games and have had the opportunity to own a few really good ones also, but I can totally see this becoming one of my all-time favorites. Well done Stern

#3956 4 years ago

Anybody else experiencing the ball rattle around when going up the right loop? It ends up banging around under the sword handle and then rolling back down into the the shooter lane (maybe 1 out of 10 shots). Not sure if this is normal or if there is something I should be looking at more closely.

#3957 4 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

Anybody else experiencing the ball rattle around when going up the right loop? It ends up banging around under the sword handle and then rolling back down into the the shooter lane (maybe 1 out of 10 shots). Not sure if this is normal or if there is something I should be looking at more closely.

I have the same issue, hopefully there is a minor adjustment on the playfield to fix this.

#3958 4 years ago

Just got the premium yesterday and loving my first pin! My only issue is the boom button isn’t registering. I’ve confirmed this through diagnostics. Is there something I should look at mainly for connecting? It’s not supposed to touch the led for the button when pressed is it? (Mine doesn’t).

#3959 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

Just got the premium yesterday and loving my first pin! My only issue is the boom button isn’t registering. I’ve confirmed this through diagnostics. Is there something I should look at mainly for connecting? It’s not supposed to touch the led for the button when pressed is it? (Mine doesn’t).

Check the switch stack for the button in the center under the lockdown bar. Likely the switch leaves are too close together (always making contact) or too far apart (never making contact). Adjust. Then with the lockdown bar still off, go into switch test mode and make sure it's working, THEN replace the glass and the lockdown bar and do a final test.

#3960 4 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

I had to work on my orbits and guides to make them smoother:

1. Lifted left gate at rear (screws behind back board) it was rubbing against the ball when open and slowing it down.
2. Bent all rollover switches so they don’t poke up as much
3. Adjusted spinner leaf switches and added lithium grease to make them less obstructive to the ball

After all this I do notice the right orbit is clunky. I think the culprit is this:
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

I’ve been thinking of removing. It seems a really stupid solution to keep the ball guide in place. I think the ball is jumping over it.

#3961 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I had to work on my orbits and guides to make them smoother:
1. Lifted left gate at rear (screws behind back board) it was rubbing against the ball when open and slowing it down.
2. Bent all rollover switches so they don’t poke up as much
3. Adjusted spinner leaf switches and added lithium grease to make them less obstructive to the ball
After all this I do notice the right orbit is clunky. I think the culprit is this:
[quoted image]
I’ve been thinking of removing. It seems a really stupid solution to keep the ball guide in place. I think the ball is jumping over it.

Yeah, it's weird that it would be at playfield level instead of raised an inch or so.

#3962 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

It is there to direct the ball coming out of the pop bumpers, without it I think you would get even more balls in the shooter lane.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, it's weird that it would be at playfield level instead of raised an inch or so.

If it was raised up it would deflect the ball as it went up the right side rail. As it sits the ball should not come in contact with it. I tried running the ball by hand it is clears that metal.

Stumped at what will make this smoother, love every aspect of this game except for the right loop rejects. I am tempted to put a ball gate on the shooter lane. It would need to be angled to work though so it doesn't trap the ball.

#3963 4 years ago

Yeah balls are round. A square ball would hit it for sure.

#3964 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Check the switch stack for the button in the center under the lockdown bar. Likely the switch leaves are too close together (always making contact) or too far apart (never making contact). Adjust. Then with the lockdown bar still off, go into switch test mode and make sure it's working, THEN replace the glass and the lockdown bar and do a final test.

You’re awesome! Could bend the switch leaf (was always making contact) without even taking the glass off and fixed in a minute. You saved me a ton of time. Working now thanks!

#3965 4 years ago

Has anyone had the weapon switch keep going off like you made the shot (ramp behind lil dead pool) when using the right flipper? I noticed it when i first start the game even before I plunge the ball. I tried toadjust the two sensors on both sides of the ramp behind lil deadpool so I doesnt continue to happen. any help would be greatly appreciated.

#3966 4 years ago

Anybody have an issue with the auto plunger plunging a ball very weak every once in awhile? any suggestions for a fix for it?

#3967 4 years ago

"Flippers causing playfield lighting to go crazy" Hey, gang, scratching my head here. I've had this NIB Premium for a couple months now, no problems, and has the latest code. Yesterday for the first time there was a freeze/reboot during play. Seemed ok, but a few games later the playfield lights, especially the inserts, started behaving bizarrely. When I hit the flippers, especially the right flipper, different inserts start to light up, see the two images, this is before the ball was even launched after game start. I tried reseating the MPU connections, and Node 1 on the cabinet to no avail. Anybody have any advice? Thanks in advance!

DP1 (resized).jpgDP1 (resized).jpgDP2 (resized).jpgDP2 (resized).jpg
#3968 4 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

It is there to direct the ball coming out of the pop bumpers, without it I think you would get even more balls in the shooter lane.

If it was raised up it would deflect the ball as it went up the right side rail. As it sits the ball should not come in contact with it. I tried running the ball by hand it is clears that metal.
Stumped at what will make this smoother, love every aspect of this game except for the right loop rejects. I am tempted to put a ball gate on the shooter lane. It would need to be angled to work though so it doesn't trap the ball.

If you take the time to record it with an iphone on slo-mo, it will likely become obvious what's causing the rattle hits. It doesn't bother me enough to do that yet. I just chalked it up to being a Gomez design.

#3969 4 years ago
Quoted from DVDA:

Has anyone had the weapon switch keep going off like you made the shot (ramp behind lil dead pool) when using the right flipper? I noticed it when i first start the game even before I plunge the ball. I tried toadjust the two sensors on both sides of the ramp behind lil deadpool so I doesnt continue to happen. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Glass off. Switch test mode. Smack the playfield firmly with your open palm in various places on the playfield and the cabinet. See if that switch triggers. Sounds like it's vibration-related.

#3970 4 years ago
Quoted from headwedge63:

"Flippers causing playfield lighting to go crazy" Hey, gang, scratching my head here. I've had this NIB Premium for a couple months now, no problems, and has the latest code. Yesterday for the first time there was a freeze/reboot during play. Seemed ok, but a few games later the playfield lights, especially the inserts, started behaving bizarrely. When I hit the flippers, especially the right flipper, different inserts start to light up, see the two images, this is before the ball was even launched after game start. I tried reseating the MPU connections, and Node 1 on the cabinet to no avail. Anybody have any advice? Thanks in advance![quoted image][quoted image]

Node 8 is where the flippers are driven and all the lights shown in your picture as affected are on that board, too. I'm *guessing* the node board is borked. Node 8 and 9 are the same, you just change the dip switches to make one into the other. I'd power off, take pictures of cabling locations on Node 8 and 9, then unplug and swap the boards and change the dip switches and see if the problem travels. I'm betting it does.

Node 8 is OFF OFF OFF OFF
Node 9 is OFF OFF ON OFF

#3971 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Node 8 is where the flippers are driven and all the lights shown in your picture as affected are on that board, too. I'm *guessing* the node board is borked. Node 8 and 9 are the same, you just change the dip switches to make one in to the other. I'd, power off, take pictures of cabling locations on Node 8 and 9, then unplug and swap the boards and change the dip switches and see if the problem travels. I'm betting it does.
Node 8 is OFF OFF OFF OFF
Node 9 is OFF OFF ON OFF

This sounds like a great lead, thanks. I've never messed with a node board before, I'm worried I might mess this up. I'll send a note to the dealer I bought it from too, maybe he will conclude Node 8 is borked and send a new one. You seem really well versed on this so I suspect you are spot on! Do you have any idea why it borked? If I do switch node 8 and 9, where will the problem "travel to"? i.e., what lights does Node 9 control? Thanks very very much! -Paul

DP nodes (resized).jpgDP nodes (resized).jpg
#3972 4 years ago
Quoted from headwedge63:

This sounds like a great lead, thanks. I've never messed with a node board before, I'm worried I might mess this up. I'll send a note to the dealer I bought it from too, maybe he will conclude Node 8 is borked and send a new one. You seem really well versed on this so I suspect you are spot on! Do you have any idea why it borked? If I do switch node 8 and 9, where will the problem "travel to"? i.e., what lights does Node 9 control? Thanks very very much! -Paul[quoted image]

Node 9 is DEAD (not POOL) lights, Dazzler Team-Up, Disco ball, all the lights leading to the left ramp, special, colossus team-up lights. It's all in the manual charts starting on page 11.

The coil drivers for node 9 are drop target reset, right ramp hold, all pop bumpers, etc.

The only way you can mess it up is if you plug something into the wrong place, but taking good pictures from multiple angles and copying what goes where SLAVISHLY should be fine (and remembering to change the dip switches correctly before powering back on).

#3973 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Node 9 is DEAD (not POOL) lights, Dazzler Team-Up, Disco ball, all the lights leading to the left ramp, special, colossus team-up lights. It's all in the manual charts starting on page 11.
The coil drivers for node 9 are drop target reset, right ramp hold, all pop bumpers, etc.
The only way you can mess it up is if you plug something into the wrong place, but taking good pictures from multiple angles and copying what goes where SLAVISHLY should be fine (and remembering to change the dip switches correctly before powering back on).

Then “Slavishly” it will be sir! Thanks again, will try in the morning.

#3974 4 years ago

Maybe check the connections to the Node board. You might get lucky and find a loose contact. Also check for a wire that might be shorting.

#3975 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Maybe check the connections to the Node board. You might get lucky and find a loose contact. Also check for a wire that might be shorting.

Of course. I assumed the easy stuff like checking connections had already been done, but maybe not.

#3976 4 years ago

Was it known that you can turn the background on your score display all black with a font and outline of all red by hitting both flipper buttons after the game is over when it's displaying your final score? I just found this today...

#3977 4 years ago

Anybody have an issue with the auto plunger plunging a ball very weak every once in awhile? any suggestions for a fix for it? Thank you.

#3978 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Anybody have an issue with the auto plunger plunging a ball very weak every once in awhile? any suggestions for a fix for it? Thank you.

Maybe the coil sleeve is dirty, or the plunger is off center?

#3979 4 years ago
Quoted from headwedge63:

"Flippers causing playfield lighting to go crazy" Hey, gang, scratching my head here. I've had this NIB Premium for a couple months now, no problems, and has the latest code. Yesterday for the first time there was a freeze/reboot during play. Seemed ok, but a few games later the playfield lights, especially the inserts, started behaving bizarrely. When I hit the flippers, especially the right flipper, different inserts start to light up, see the two images, this is before the ball was even launched after game start. I tried reseating the MPU connections, and Node 1 on the cabinet to no avail. Anybody have any advice? Thanks in advance![quoted image][quoted image]

I had this issue and it ended up being a loose LED wire. for me it was as easy as seating it back in properly. will probably come loose again at some point.

#3980 4 years ago
Quoted from headwedge63:

I had this exact problem on my pro. I turned off the pin, reseated all of the connections on node boards 8b 8c and 9 and it fixed the problem.
My 2-5 X inserts and inlanes were going absolutely haywire.

#3981 4 years ago
Quoted from BirdForce1:

I had this exact problem on my pro. I turned off the pin, reseated all of the connections on node boards 8b 8c and 9 and it fixed the problem.

Thanks; I will try re-seating all the node boards mentioned; I had only done 8 + 9. Thanks!

#3982 4 years ago

Good news, I reseated node 8 and 8a and the problem disappeared! (for now, at least). I love shaker motors, but one wonders what else they shake loose. Thanks again for those who offered advice!

#3983 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

I took a slo-mo video of my machine when it happens. I did this in the trough test. It is basically launching the ball into the left metal rail at the bottom of the shooter lane. I would suggest taking a look at the auto launch.

There's also discussion on the matter back a few pages. @apex came up with some troubleshooting tips.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/66#post-5032934

#3984 4 years ago
Quoted from headwedge63:

Good news, I reseated node 8 and 8a and the problem disappeared! (for now, at least). I love shaker motors, but one wonders what else they shake loose. Thanks again for those who offered advice!

I turned the shaker off after 50ish plays because it just seemed too strong even on middle setting. Do miss it, but not enough to turn back on.

#3985 4 years ago

Made a few comic book style cards and 1 movie card for fun. Thought I'd post here if anyone wanted to use also.

DeadpoolPinball (resized).pngDeadpoolPinball (resized).pngDeadpoolPinball2 (resized).pngDeadpoolPinball2 (resized).pngDeadpoolPinball3 (resized).pngDeadpoolPinball3 (resized).pngDeadpoolPinball4 (resized).pngDeadpoolPinball4 (resized).pngDeadpoolPinball5 (resized).pngDeadpoolPinball5 (resized).pngDeadpoolPinball6 (resized).pngDeadpoolPinball6 (resized).png
#3986 4 years ago
Quoted from TODD969:

I turned the shaker off after 50ish plays because it just seemed too strong even on middle setting. Do miss it, but not enough to turn back on.

Turned mine off too. even the moderate setting is rediculous and I feel it doesnt add anything. Now I have it set to lowest setting(not off) and it never vibrates.... Anyways I didnt like the shaker for this game.

#3987 4 years ago

Pinball Life just added the Pro translite for those with Premiums that want to put a Pro translite on it. Not a special-order item anymore...

https://www.pinballlife.com/deadpool-pro-translite.html

#3988 4 years ago
Quoted from BirdForce1:

I had this problem and traced it down to a loose Node 8, CN3 plug. The problem for me was that after reseating it, the flashing lights would come back (With right flipper) after a few games (Probably due to the shaker on my LE).

Finally got out the bluetack and wrapped the offending connector with it to keep the connection solid to the board!

Have not have any problems since this hacky fix

#3989 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

Made a few comic book style cards and 1 movie card for fun. Thought I'd post here if anyone wanted to use also.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great job hawkfanz !

#3990 4 years ago
Quoted from waaylander:

I had this problem and traced it down to a loose Node 8, CN3 plug. The problem for me was that after reseating it, the flashing lights would come back (With right flipper) after a few games (Probably due to the shaker on my LE).
Finally got out the bluetack and wrapped the offending connector with it to keep the connection solid to the board!
Have not have any problems since this hacky fix

Good to know. It was about 2 months ago when it happened to mine and has been good since. I don't know what blue tack is but I'll keep that in mind if it happens again.

#3991 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

Made a few comic book style cards and 1 movie card for fun. Thought I'd post here if anyone wanted to use also.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very nice. Cant decide.

#3992 4 years ago

What are you toughest shots? Top 3?

1. Dazzler shot
2. Snikt shot
3. Katana on the right orbit

I can’t make the Dazzler shot what am I doing wrong?!

#3993 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

1. Dazzler shot
2. Snikt shot

Snikt is hardest to hit on purpose I think, but I also struggle hitting the Dazzler shot a lot.

#3994 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

1. Dazzler shot
2. Snikt shot

I found working on the spinner really helped. Check whether the spinner bracket needs bending. It may be the angle is slightly off for the orbit. I also bent the switch down a bit so the spinner moves more freely and some lubricant.

#3995 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

1. Dazzler shot
2. Snikt shot

Well usually it’s the red money shot during Megaladon quest. BRICK. Snikt is a bitch when you’re shooting for it. I also have issue hitting the right orbit some games, like serious issues.

#3996 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

1. Dazzler shot
2. Snikt shot

Dazzler
Dazzler
Dazzler

#3997 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

1. Dazzler shot
2. Snikt shot

Snikt shot for sure

#3998 4 years ago

After a left ramp return let the ball rollover to the right flipper while holding up the left. On mine it lines up about perfect for a Dazzler shot when I do that.

Is there a post in the thread about making sure the Snikt shot is dialed in? Mine works great but I thought maybe I should check.

#3999 4 years ago

For me Dazzler is the easiest. Otherwise:

3. Domino
2. Colossus
1. Snikt

#4000 4 years ago

4k messages. Oooh, not bad!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

6,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 25.95
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 64.99
$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Belmont, MI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 16,261 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/80?hl=hawkfanz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.