(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,264 posts
  • 1,090 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 minutes ago by mIkea
  • Topic is favorited by 555 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg
dp27 (resized).jpg
dp16 (resized).jpg
IMG_2260 (resized).jpg
IMG_2259 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,264 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 326.
#3851 4 years ago
Quoted from fissionch1ps:

Hello! I joined the club and am expecting my DP Premium in a couple days. I’m used to maintenance of early SS machines and haven’t seen much of the modern machines. I could use some guidance from the veteran owners here. Feel free to point me in the right direction if these have been answered.
What are common points of failure or inspection points on the machine/PF?
The stern maintenance kit in the manual lists the wax as Novus #2. Novus 2 is a polish/abrasive. Do you wax your playfields with the typical Carnauba type wax?
Is a PF protector recommended for HUO?
Any other tips for a noob?
Thanks!

Fix the ball guides so it does not scratch your playfield away.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/76#post-5125111

#3852 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The leaf is probably bent up too high, or your switch is going bad.

Thanks PinMonk for all your help. You’re like a Lil Lloyd. Very helpful. Really appreciate it.

#3853 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Thanks vireland for all your help. You’re like a Lil Lloyd. Very helpful. Really appreciate it.

This place has been a great resource, so I'm happy to help out on issues I can.

#3854 4 years ago

I don't know much about it mate, new to pinball. I was given a new assembly under warranty. I haven't put it in yet, but the shavings are dropping on the node board below the left flipper (right one is ok). I was advised to fold a piece of card to protect the board.
My mates Deadpool Pro has the same issue, same flipper. I think it's a stern thing rather than a dead pool thing.

p4 (resized).jpgp4 (resized).jpg
#3855 4 years ago

Ok. I’m a bit of an idiot. It’s obvious what I had to do. Was adjusting boom button without lock bar on. Now that I lifted playfield and put lock bar on I can see!

Easy peasy.

Before and after.

Hope I’ve been able to help fellow morons out there.
7C2B5665-6744-40B8-9EA8-E8AD44E1FDD9 (resized).jpeg7C2B5665-6744-40B8-9EA8-E8AD44E1FDD9 (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

Edit: one other thing. Make sure the bar is locked before adjusting. It sits lower when locked.

#3856 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Ok. I’m a bit of an idiot. It’s obvious what I had to do. Was adjusting boom button without lock bar on. Now that I lifted playfield and put lock bar on I can see!
Easy peasy.
Before and after.
Hope I’ve been able to help fellow morons out there.
[quoted image][quoted image]
Edit: one other thing. Make sure the bar is locked before adjusting. It sits lower when locked.

Ha! Without looking I was thinking it was like jjPotC with an actual switch and not a switch stack. Good job!

#3857 4 years ago

I was reading through posts and I saw something about a lane guide digging into the playfield. I looked at mine and there was white residue there. I took off the nut under playfield. I cut a piece of mylar 21mm x 15mm and placed it under the lane guide.

I also sent an email to Cliff (Cliffy Protectors). The center of the post is 21mm from the end of the blue rubber. Cliff made a similar protector for LOTR (see last photo). I was hoping that I could just buy another but it looks like the one on the LOTR has the post about an 1" from the end of the blue rubber and would stick out too much.

Everything else looked ok. Anything else to check?

While I had the game open, the prior posts reminded me to add a little super lube to the spinner. I started doing this on Hobbit and now do it on all my games.

IMG_2022 (resized).jpegIMG_2022 (resized).jpegIMG_2023 (resized).jpegIMG_2023 (resized).jpegIMG_2024 (resized).jpegIMG_2024 (resized).jpegIMG_2025 (resized).jpegIMG_2025 (resized).jpegIMG_2026 (resized).jpegIMG_2026 (resized).jpegIMG_2027 (resized).jpegIMG_2027 (resized).jpeg
#3858 4 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

I was reading through posts and I saw something about a lane guide digging into the playfield. I looked at mine and there was white residue there. I took off the nut under playfield. I cut a piece of mylar 21mm x 15mm and placed it under the lane guide.
I also sent an email to Cliff (Cliffy Protectors). The center of the post is 21mm from the end of the blue rubber. Cliff made a similar protector for LOTR (see last photo). I was hoping that I could just buy another but it looks like the one on the LOTR has the post about an 1" from the end of the blue rubber and would stick out too much.
Everything else looked ok. Anything else to check?
While I had the game open, the prior posts reminded me to add a little super lube to the spinner. I started doing this on Hobbit and now do it on all my games.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Really suggest you also put metal washers with maybe a rubber one underneath that guide bolt next to the lock.

#3859 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Really suggest you also put metal washers with maybe a rubber one underneath that guide bolt next to the lock.

Ok. Yes. I wasn't thinking of that. Thanks!

#3860 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ha! Without looking I was thinking it was like jjPotC with an actual switch and not a switch stack. Good job!

Kudos to Stern for actually using good quality buttons for the action bar. The one that JJP use in pirates is rubbish. I replaced mine there with a stern one and all good. The leaf stack in DP is a bit stiff out of the box, so I found bending both leaves down a bit does help.

#3861 4 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

... I haven't put it in yet, but the shavings are dropping on the node board below the left flipper (right one is ok). I was advised to fold a piece of card to protect the board.
My mates Deadpool Pro has the same issue, same flipper. I think it's a stern thing rather than a dead pool thing.[quoted image]

Thanks for taking the time and posting the visual. I found a couple of other threads on this issue under “stern coil stop”. There’s some info on expected life and using williams replacements. I inspect this when it gets in.

#3862 4 years ago

That’s a good one. Thanks for the heads up.

#3863 4 years ago

Thanks for taking the time and posting the visual. I found a couple of other threads on this issue under “stern coil stop”. There’s some info on expected life and using williams replacements. I inspect this when it gets in.

My coil stops on one side lasted a month. I got new ones from pinball life. No issues with the new ones at all. Been a couple months since I replaced them.

#3864 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

My coil stops on one side lasted a month. I got new ones from pinball life. No issues with the new ones at all. Been a couple months since I replaced them.

Did you replace them both with standard Stern issue ones?

#3865 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Did it right today. I bought #8 nylon washers from Lowes. I put the nylon washer against the playfield and the #8 regular washer on top of it. For the post that holds down the center of the guide, I added a #10 nylon washer below the flat metal tab.

In order to get the guide out so I can add the washers, I had to
* Take off the plastic below the middle right bumper.
* Take off the bumper cap on the middle right bumper.
* Take off the handle cover on the sword.
* Remove the post attaching the middle of the guide with a locking wrench above the playfield and a 3/8" nut driver below.
* Remove the 3 screws holding the lock area of the ramp to the playfield.
* Remove the two screws holding the sword area of the ramp down.

IMG_2037 (resized).jpegIMG_2037 (resized).jpegIMG_2039 (resized).jpegIMG_2039 (resized).jpegIMG_2040 (resized).jpegIMG_2040 (resized).jpegIMG_2041 (resized).jpegIMG_2041 (resized).jpeg
#3866 4 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

Did it right today. I bought #8 nylon washers from Lowes. I put the nylon washer against the playfield and the #8 regular washer on top of it. For the post that holds down the center of the guide, I added a #10 nylon washer below the flat metal tab.
In order to get the guide out so I can add the washers, I had to
* Take off the plastic below the middle right bumper.
* Take off the bumper cap on the middle right bumper.
* Take off the handle cover on the sword.
* Remove the post attaching the middle of the guide with a locking wrench above the playfield and a 3/8" nut driver below.
* Remove the 3 screws holding the lock area of the ramp to the playfield.
* Remove the two screws holding the sword area of the ramp down.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Good fun isn’t it! I remember thinking “as long as I don’t have to remove the katana”. Sigh.

#3867 4 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Did you replace them both with standard Stern issue ones?

I just got ones from pinball life that I think Vireland linked here a few pages back. They looked to be better built than the Stock stern ones.

#3868 4 years ago

Was thinking of swapping my premium’s speakers for 5.25” kenwood kfc-s1366. Any suggestions for replacing the sub speaker without going powered external? Worth doing?

#3869 4 years ago

Thinking of this one:

https://frankiesautoelectrics.com.au/polk-db842svc-db-series-8-inch-svc-shallow-mount-subwoofer-750w-ip65/

Will it hurt my boards? It is 4 ohm so was hoping I could replace. As I said, don’t want to go powered sub. If no benefit let me know and I will just stick with the kenwoods for the backbox.

#3870 4 years ago

Wellp, I took a look at my Deadpool today and noticed the front edge of the aforementioned metal guide has been scraping paint away. I'm going to do the washer fix today and put some mylar over the exposed area. Certainly not ideal, but it could be worse. One thing I thought about is getting one of those adhesive rubber ball stops (like in Whirlwind), trimming it, and putting it under the guide to add more protection to the exposed area, just not sure how well that'll work. I have some extras from my Whirlwind rebuild so I'll give it a shot.

#3871 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Wellp, I took a look at my Deadpool today and noticed the front edge of the aforementioned metal guide has been scraping paint away. I'm going to do the washer fix today and put some mylar over the exposed area. Certainly not ideal, but it could be worse. One thing I thought about is getting one of those adhesive rubber ball stops (like in Whirlwind), trimming it, and putting it under the guide to add more protection to the exposed area, just not sure how well that'll work. I have some extras from my Whirlwind rebuild so I'll give it a shot.

You could probably ask Cliff at www.passionforpinball.com for the metal guide he sells for the similar issue on LOTR and have it cut down a little like 1/4". He could probably also open the closed end of the hole for the bolt so you do not have to do what I did to get the entire guide out of the playfield. You could then take off the under playfield nut and washer and slide in his protector to rest against the bolt and re-tighten the nut.

#3872 4 years ago

Just took care of mine. The damage wasn't ideal, but at least I'm doing it now. I used #8 washers with 5/32 neoprene washers underneath, which is exactly what I did on my TNA as well.

I covered the wear with mylar (Avery 73601) and cut up an old flipper rubber to have extra protection on the exposed area.

20190812_210602 (resized).jpg20190812_210602 (resized).jpg
20190812_210608 (resized).jpg20190812_210608 (resized).jpg20190812_221547 (resized).jpg20190812_221547 (resized).jpg20190812_222817 (resized).jpg20190812_222817 (resized).jpg

Quoted from mbelofsky:

You could probably ask Cliff at www.passionforpinball.com for the metal guide he sells for the similar issue on LOTR and have it cut down a little like 1/4". He could probably also open the closed end of the hole for the bolt so you do not have to do what I did to get the entire guide out of the playfield. You could then take off the under playfield nut and washer and slide in his protector to rest against the bolt and re-tighten the nut.

Thanks, I'll shoot him an email.

Added over 4 years ago:

Edit: Take a look at my post here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/82#post-5184598

You can see the Cliffy in action. Just email cliffy to get one to protect your chip!

#3873 4 years ago

Such a stupid design. C’mon stern, how hard was it to put a washer down? They should change this on the production line right now.

#3874 4 years ago

Where can I buy figures like on the LE/ premium for my pro?

#3875 4 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

Grab the LE manual for the part numbers and email Terry at pinballlife.com. He can order them for you. I'd imagine a distributor closer to you in Europe can also order them.

#3876 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Grab the LE manual for the part numbers and email Terry at pinballlife.com. He can order them for you. I'd imagine a distributor closer to you in Europe can also order them.

Dazzler: 880-6220-00
Wolverine: 880-6219-00

#3877 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Such a stupid design. C’mon stern, how hard was it to put a washer down? They should change this on the production line right now.

Cliffy is sending me a modified LOTR protector, though unfortunately I doubt I can keep the washers on to install that, since the pressure from the rail holds the Cliffy in place.

#3878 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Cliffy is sending me a modified LOTR protector, though unfortunately I doubt I can keep the washers on to install that, since the pressure from the rail holds the Cliffy in place.

Well the cliffy will make sure the ball guide does not rub against the playfield anymore, so problem solved! Glad your able to hide that damage in an elegant manner. ACHIEEEEVEMENT!!

#3879 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Well the cliffy will make sure the ball guide does not rub against the playfield anymore, so problem solved! Glad your able to hide that damage in an elegant manner. ACHIEEEEVEMENT!!

Yeah I'll probably just remove the washer from the front post and leave the washers on the remaining posts. That should work well enough I imagine. I did also email Stern, though I don't expect much out of them on this lol.

#3880 4 years ago

Good stuff that you emailed them. And you are past the worst, enjoy this awesome game!!

#3881 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Good stuff that you emailed them. And you are past the worst, enjoy this awesome game!!

Yeah, we'll see what they say. The last couple of times I've emailed them I never got a response, so I'm not sure I'll even hear back on this one

#3882 4 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

I prefer the 3.75" ones you can find on ebay.

#3883 4 years ago

Based on my emails to Cliff on the size and need for the forked end (to not require a lot of work to lift the guide) he has cut down the LOTR protector by 1/4” and has them for $6 plus postage.

2C03C93F-2869-4671-9DAA-0E0930AC229A (resized).jpeg2C03C93F-2869-4671-9DAA-0E0930AC229A (resized).jpeg

#3884 4 years ago

Some custom cards. Been playing around making these for Jurassic Park and figured I would make them for another game I own.

#3885 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

Some custom cards. Been playing around making these for Jurassic Park and figured I would make them for another game I own.

Those look freaking awesome. Any chance you can upload the original resolution and not the “resized” versions?

#3886 4 years ago

I'd love to print these, how do i go about it? Inkjet and photo paper? How to size properly?

#3887 4 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I'd love to print these, how do i go about it? Inkjet and photo paper? How to size properly?

Honestly, what I did was buy a canon selphy photo printer. About $100 and then downloaded a free app called Image Size that lets you resize the picture in mm to 140x75 and print directly to the printer. They come out great, you just have to cut them out because the printer prints 4x6" photos and these are a bit smaller. Quality is great and prints in a few seconds. Refills aren't too expensive either and can be found on amazon.

ABB3E3FF-88CE-438E-8D71-8BEB41B32C49.jpegABB3E3FF-88CE-438E-8D71-8BEB41B32C49.jpeg
#3888 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

Some custom cards....

These are great and I have a canon selphy too. My game just arrived so when I get some downtime, I’m putting these on.

There’s a couple typos in your shown text, just FYI. There’s a “colosus” and a “SUARON” in there. Colossus and Sauron.

#3889 4 years ago

These are great and I have a canon selphy too. My game just arrived so when I get some downtime, I’m putting these on.
There’s a couple typos in your shown text, just FYI. There’s a “colosus” and a “SUARON” in there. Colossus and Sauron.

Doh! Thanks for the catch. Hopefully I can edit the post so I’m not spamming the thread.

#3890 4 years ago

fixed the typo's and sizing.

LE 1.jpgLE 1.jpgLE 2.jpgLE 2.jpgPremium 1.jpgPremium 1.jpgPremium 2.jpgPremium 2.jpgPremium 3.jpgPremium 3.jpgPro 1.jpgPro 1.jpgPro 2.jpgPro 2.jpgPro 3.jpgPro 3.jpgRules 1.jpgRules 1.jpgRules 2.jpgRules 2.jpgRules 3.jpgRules 3.jpgRules 4.jpgRules 4.jpgRules 5.jpgRules 5.jpg
#3891 4 years ago
Coinage 1.jpgCoinage 1.jpgCoinage 2.jpgCoinage 2.jpg
#3892 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

Awesome! Anything for themunsters or Aerosmith as well? Those are the other pins I don’t have customer card and couldn’t find any

#3893 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Awesome! Anything for themunsters or Aerosmith as well? Those are the other pins I don’t have customer card and couldn’t find any

Don’t have them, but I’ll see if I can come up with something. These and stern JP are the first ones I’ve messed with. Still trying to figure out balance with color and text. Art also isn’t in my wheelhouse but been fun messing around with it.

#3894 4 years ago

Love the Megalodon cards!

#3895 4 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

Based on my emails to Cliff on the size and need for the forked end (to not require a lot of work to lift the guide) he has cut down the LOTR protector by 1/4” and has them for $6 plus postage.
[quoted image]

I’m in the boat of needing this. Has anyone gotten one yet and installed it? I’m curious to see what it looks like installed on DP.

#3896 4 years ago

Looking to join the DP club with either a Prem or LE (still can’t decide which I like more artwise) just wanted to ask I notice on the Prem/LE translite that there is the t-Rex, megladon but there also looks to be a kraken and mastodon, I believe originally there was a kraken mode/insert on the whitewood are these now in the game as modes? Thanks

#3897 4 years ago

Just ordered a Premium, due September in Australia. Can’t wait. Looking forward to joining the Chimichanga Club!

#3898 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

Coindropper on fire. Nice work.

#3899 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Just ordered a Premium, due September in Australia. Can’t wait. Looking forward to joining the Chimichanga Club!

Make sure you get the shaker. Enjoy! Is a great game!

#3900 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Looking to join the DP club with either a Prem or LE (still can’t decide which I like more artwise) just wanted to ask I notice on the Prem/LE translite that there is the t-Rex, megladon but there also looks to be a kraken and mastodon, I believe originally there was a kraken mode/insert on the whitewood are these now in the game as modes? Thanks

Kraken doesn't have its own mode, but IS part of the Megalodon mode (in the background, taking down the chimi truck), and the Megakrakolodonus wizard mode.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 16,264 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/78?hl=todd969 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.