(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,295 posts
  • 1,092 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 hours ago by Magicman
  • Topic is favorited by 557 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240422_042849~2 (resized).jpg
20240420_214553 (resized).jpg
20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 326.
#3801 4 years ago

Just joined the club! Wooot.

I noticed the inlane post rubbers are missing on mine and apparently this is factory? What about the outlane adjustable posts....are they set as wide as they go from the factory? Not sure how the designer intended to be.

Also, my Katana lock shot works reliably but it seems to hug the right part of the ramp, which causes it to fly up fast but then SLOWLY make the turn and walk down the wireform. Any tips on getting the ball to go up the ramp further to the left so it whips around faster?

LOVE this game!

#3802 4 years ago

Worked on the orbits which were feeling a bit clunky. Firstly the dazzler spinner was a bit stiff. Found the arm of the spinner was bent slightly up, meaning that the arm had a lot of friction against the switch as it turned. Straightened it do it was level. Also put the slightest bend in the switch so it does not push against the arm as much. Then I bent the switch in the launch lane so it does not stick up as much. About to lubricate orbit gates and spinners. Lithium grease good? Just a dab using toothpick?

7C6CBAC7-20A2-4564-AF64-8D145EE83875 (resized).jpeg7C6CBAC7-20A2-4564-AF64-8D145EE83875 (resized).jpeg
#3803 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Worked on the orbits which were feeling a bit clunky. Firstly the dazzler spinner was a bit stiff. Found the arm of the spinner was bent slightly up, meaning that the arm had a lot of friction against the switch as it turned. Straightened it do it was level. Also put the slightest bend in the switch so it does not push against the arm as much. Then I bent the switch in the launch lane so it does not stick up as much. About to lubricate orbit gates and spinners. Lithium grease good? Just a dab using toothpick?[quoted image]

Grease on gates? Coil dust will turn that to a globby mess over time.

#3804 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Grease on gates? Coil dust will turn that to a globby mess over time.

It’s a tiny bit. I can always clean it. Spinners go real quick. And gates flow. If stern had used optos for the spinners than I would not have had to do it. Anyway I know it’s there and easy to maintain every 5 years.

#3806 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Worked on the orbits which were feeling a bit clunky. Firstly the dazzler spinner was a bit stiff. Found the arm of the spinner was bent slightly up, meaning that the arm had a lot of friction against the switch as it turned. Straightened it do it was level. Also put the slightest bend in the switch so it does not push against the arm as much. Then I bent the switch in the launch lane so it does not stick up as much. About to lubricate orbit gates and spinners. Lithium grease good? Just a dab using toothpick?[quoted image]

I used super lube on mine. Cheap on Amazon. The tiniest of drops works wonders. Spins for days now. I applied it like 1000 games ago and it is still going strong. Lithium grease is too viscous. This stuff is almost like water but lasts a long time.

Super Lube 51010 Oil Super Lube https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BXOGHY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_4JzrDbK6E8Q6T

#3807 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipnaught:

I used super lube on mine. Cheap on Amazon. The tiniest of drops works wonders. Spins for days now. I applied it like 1000 games ago and it is still going strong. Lithium grease is too viscous. This stuff is almost like water but lasts a long time.
Super Lube 51010 Oil Super Lube amazon.com link »

Well it’s on now. And can be taken off easily. The guy who advised it works well for spinners has been servicing pinballs for over 20 years. And on his games lithium grease in small amounts on spinners works well for well over 10 years. Also working well for DP at the moment. Only have to hit dazzler around 3 times.

#3808 4 years ago

I’ve adjusted the spotlight aim onto the mirror ball for better effect. Both of mine were way off aim and didn’t really notice reflections during multiball. Just something else to check gumnut01

Just finished fitting translucent Titans too. Looks awesome. Such a great game.

#3809 4 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Just finished fitting translucent Titans too. Looks awesome.

I also think that translucent Titans is the way to go on this game for the rings.

#3810 4 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

I’ve adjusted the spotlight aim onto the mirror ball for better effect. Both of mine were way off aim and didn’t really notice reflections during multiball. Just something else to check gumnut01
Just finished fitting translucent Titans too. Looks awesome. Such a great game.

Yep did that. And used the diagnostics to make sure.

The plastic toys are very annoying that they are just cable tied to plastics. Wish they had proper supports. Even a hex post behind would have been sufficient. I was able to make dazzler stand up but poor wolverine always looks like he is falling on his butt. Was able to bend the metal brackets with the leds to point correctly. Thanks for checking!

And the disco ball looks awesome when it’s going.

Hard to fault this game. One big grin when we play. Every song is awesome. Call outs are great. Even get a kick out of the snot dripping from lil’ deadpool’s unicorn.

#3811 4 years ago

There's an Amazon Warehouse DP Pro for $4585 with damaged packing if anyone wants to take a chance . Probably one someone refused delivery on because of the packaging

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B07JZWMN9R/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc

Screen Shot 2019-08-04 at 9.59.22 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-08-04 at 9.59.22 AM (resized).png
#3812 4 years ago
Quoted from StoneyFL:

Agreed. The left side of my Side Armor has the same gap, if not a little worse. The right side (which in my setup is more visible) is not as bad. Don't get me started on the paper "sword". For $250, it's a total money-grab ripoff. I avoided the topper based on the quality of the Side Armor.
Anyway, I decided to not return the armor because I didn't feel like bothering with it, but I probably won't be purchasing any more Stern modifications.

Thanks, I was about to get this side armour. Nice warning. I have a little puckering around the flipper button decal. Distributor offered to replace decal. I am opting for the free half moon cover to hide. Also protects the machine. Sorry to hear your experience with the side armour was not good.

#3813 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

There's an Amazon Warehouse DP Pro for $4585 with damaged packing if anyone wants to take a chance . Probably one someone refused delivery on because of the packaging
amazon.com link »[quoted image]

Total price is...

20190805_113443 (resized).jpg20190805_113443 (resized).jpg
#3814 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Where did you get them?

I have same issue with the posts - where did you buy the upgrades and how are they working out?

#3815 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

amazon.com link »[quoted image]

Would you say this is a good deal or a smoking deal?

#3816 4 years ago
Quoted from tee-eye:

I have same issue with the posts - where did you buy the upgrades and how are they working out?

Quoted from tee-eye:

See his response:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/11#post-4608367

#3817 4 years ago

Have 2 issues:

1) orbit loses momentum about 50% of the time at left gate. Maybe the gate does not open fully everytime.
2) lil deadpool drop targets are coming up after ball has already rebounded of back standup. So not getting many lil deadpool multiballs happening. Weird that this did not happen until recently. Pitch is 6.8.

Code is 1.02. Saw that there have been a few updates for lil deadpool locking.

Edit: sorry I think I’m being a dick. Got confused with when lil deadpool locks. I guess it’s the second time targets go down. Ie has to be lit green inside.

#3818 4 years ago

Happy first birthday to Deadpool pinball!

Thanks a lot to the Stern's team for all the thrilling games we have had on it since its launch.

#3819 4 years ago

Has anyone installed the shaker motor yet I did and as soon as I turned it on it wouldnt stop the only place It could even plug on to is where i had it anyone had the same issue is this the right place to hook it up thanks

20190807_162740 (resized).jpg20190807_162740 (resized).jpg
#3820 4 years ago
20190807_162756 (resized).jpg20190807_162756 (resized).jpg
#3821 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Yep did that. And used the diagnostics to make sure.
The plastic toys are very annoying that they are just cable tied to plastics. Wish they had proper supports. Even a hex post behind would have been sufficient. I was able to make dazzler stand up but poor wolverine always looks like he is falling on his butt. Was able to bend the metal brackets with the leds to point correctly. Thanks for checking!
And the disco ball looks awesome when it’s going.
Hard to fault this game. One big grin when we play. Every song is awesome. Call outs are great. Even get a kick out of the snot dripping from lil’ deadpool’s unicorn.

Yes fitted a bit cheap. Fiddly but worth making the adjustments. I used silastic to glue Wolvies foot onto the spinner bracket. Easy and removable.

192AE32F-71CC-4C8A-8B7E-F8BC63FFBB61 (resized).jpeg192AE32F-71CC-4C8A-8B7E-F8BC63FFBB61 (resized).jpeg
#3822 4 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

[quoted image]

Scott8806 yes, correct plug. Did you also in stall the power line with capacitor?
20190807_144440 (resized).jpg20190807_144440 (resized).jpg

#3823 4 years ago

Yes I just did and everytime I try and turn on the game 1 sec later it goes off full power and wont stop

20190807_165505 (resized).jpg20190807_165505 (resized).jpg
#3824 4 years ago

I dont see any adjustments on it for the shaker motor never seen that happen where as soon as u plug it in just starts shaking at full strength and I won't stop

#3825 4 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

[quoted image]

Is that a Stern-branded Spike shaker motor, or 3rd party? The connector doesn't look like a pinballlife one...

#3826 4 years ago

I bought it from gameroomguys

#3827 4 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

I bought it from gameroomguys

Doesn't tell me anything. Who made the shaker motor? Printed the instructions? There has to be some clue about whose shaker motor you're dealing with.

#3828 4 years ago

I'm going to call them it says no where on the instructions the bill it says stern shaker kit

20190807_173558 (resized).jpg20190807_173558 (resized).jpg
#3829 4 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

I'm going to call them it says no where on the instructions the bill it says stern shaker kit[quoted image]

The orientation is at least right according to the schematics. Pin 1 Blue, Pin 5 red, Pin 4 key.

#3830 4 years ago

Calling tomorrow must be a bad shaker

#3831 4 years ago

Matches my install from a few days ago (Stern shaker from Marco)

15652319128079112717738876216236 (resized).jpg15652319128079112717738876216236 (resized).jpg
#3832 4 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

I'm going to call them it says no where on the instructions the bill it says stern shaker kit[quoted image]

The one from stern will come with instructions from stern directly. Just return that as they suck anyway. I paid 100$ shipped from my distributor for mine. Works flawless, sorry for your troubles.

#3833 4 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Yes fitted a bit cheap. Fiddly but worth making the adjustments. I used silastic to glue Wolvies foot onto the spinner bracket. Easy and removable.[quoted image]

Damn! Great idea. I have that heavy duty 2 sided tape. Thanks for the idea. Yep disco is awesome once you correct the spots. These spots are leagues ahead of the 12v ones I have in pirates.

#3834 4 years ago

Fixed my orbit issue. Just undid the 2 hex screws on the left gate and lifted it up and retightened. All good. Sweet flowness. My wife is really getting into this one. Heard her curse. Always a good sign.

#3835 4 years ago

I’m new to the club. Any tips for strategy with new code? There seems like so much to do. Kinda over whelming. Lol. Thanks!

#3836 4 years ago

Also, how do I reset high scores from previous owner?? Thanks again.

#3837 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

I’m new to the club. Any tips for strategy with new code? There seems like so much to do. Kinda over whelming. Lol. Thanks!

Sorry this turned out so long, but it covers pretty completely how I approach DP.

I usually play for progress, and my basic strategy works pretty well if my accuracy holds up. I've played all three Sinister modes a few of times, and the current replay is hovering around 600-700M.

Battle Progression:
I don't usually worry about team-ups for the battles, because it just adds shots and more risk of losing a ball (playing for points, Colossus and Domino are a must). The only exception is Mystique. Wolverine is a must with her, or it takes too many shots to complete. So any time I have Wolverine lit, I choose Mystique. With Wolverine, she is dead with three shots in the first battle. She's dead in one shot with him during the Mystique/Sauron battle. That seems like a bug to me, but I just go with it! I choose Juggernaut if I have any of the Li'l DP targets down. You can lock the ball without knocking down all standups if you can slide it past and hit the back target. Bringing in a MB (even a two ball) with Juggernaut helps with hitting the risky drops or stand-ups as balls are bouncing around or if you can trap one and play one. If I don't have Wolverine or Li'l DP close to starting, I choose Sabretooth. He's pretty easy to finish with no help.

Quests vs Battles:
Given the choice between a Quest or a battle, I'll always take the battle if one of my Battle Progression conditions exists. The sole reason for this is Sauron MB. By completing the first round battles, this MB becomes available. At this stage in the game a quest is just points and a step toward MegaKrak. But the battle is points, a step toward MegaKrak, and a step toward Sauron. So why not take the MB earlier than later. However, if the choice is limited to Mystique without Wolverine or the quest for example, I'll choose the quest.

Quests/Disco:
After playing the initial battle that's lit on the plunge, nothing is lit. Now, I shoot for Chimis to light quest. I let the random bounces hit the DEAD targets to re-light battle. If the top one is the only one left, I might purposely shoot at it, but the lower ones are hard to hit from the flipper. I shoot for Disco if nothing is lit or if it's close from general playing.

Extras:
Rage, other Li'l DP modes, Katanarama, and Ninja MB are not required to progress thru the game, so I shoot at them if there is nothing else lit (hopefully I pull off a lock or two on the plunge). A lot of people try to bring Ninja into the Mystique battle, but for progression it isn't necessary. Wolverine makes her pretty easy to finish by itself. I don't know if MechSuit is required to progress toward the wizard modes, but you'll get to it eventually if you make decent headway in the game.

If I get to MegaKrak, I feel I've done pretty well. After that it's Villain/Sauron modes and onto the wizards...rarely.

The points strategy is much shorter...Snikt, Snikt, Snikt, Snikt, and Snikt!!

#3838 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

My wife is really getting into this one. Heard her curse. Always a good sign.

Haha. I get in trouble for swearing whilst playing. The other night I come home to Mrs JP dropping Clanger after Clanger at DP. I see you like it I said and just kept walking. So funny.

#3839 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

Sorry this turned out so long, but it covers pretty completely how I approach DP.
I usually play for progress, and my basic strategy works pretty well if my accuracy holds up. I've played all three Sinister modes a few of times, and the current replay is hovering around 600-700M.
Battle Progression:
I don't usually worry about team-ups for the battles, because it just adds shots and more risk of losing a ball (playing for points, Colossus and Domino are a must). The only exception is Mystique. Wolverine is a must with her, or it takes too many shots to complete. So any time I have Wolverine lit, I choose Mystique. With Wolverine, she is dead with three shots in the first battle. She's dead in one shot with him during the Mystique/Sauron battle. That seems like a bug to me, but I just go with it! I choose Juggernaut if I have any of the Li'l DP targets down. You can lock the ball without knocking down all standups if you can slide it past and hit the back target. Bringing in a MB (even a two ball) with Juggernaut helps with hitting the risky drops or stand-ups as balls are bouncing around or if you can trap one and play one. If I don't have Wolverine or Li'l DP close to starting, I choose Sabretooth. He's pretty easy to finish with no help.
Quests vs Battles:
Given the choice between a Quest or a battle, I'll always take the battle if one of my Battle Progression conditions exists. The sole reason for this is Sauron MB. By completing the first round battles, this MB becomes available. At this stage in the game a quest is just points and a step toward MegaKrak. But the battle is points, a step toward MegaKrak, and a step toward Sauron. So why not take the MB earlier than later. However, if the choice is limited to Mystique without Wolverine or the quest for example, I'll choose the quest.
Quests/Disco:
After playing the initial battle that's lit on the plunge, nothing is lit. Now, I shoot for Chimis to light quest. I let the random bounces hit the DEAD targets to re-light battle. If the top one is the only one left, I might purposely shoot at it, but the lower ones are hard to hit from the flipper. I shoot for Disco if nothing is lit or if it's close from general playing.
Extras:
Rage, other Li'l DP modes, Katanarama, and Ninja MB are not required to progress thru the game, so I shoot at them if there is nothing else lit (hopefully I pull off a lock or two on the plunge). A lot of people try to bring Ninja into the Mystique battle, but for progression it isn't necessary. Wolverine makes her pretty easy to finish by itself. I don't know if MechSuit is required to progress toward the wizard modes, but you'll get to it eventually if you make decent headway in the game.
If I get to MegaKrak, I feel I've done pretty well. After that it's Villain/Sauron modes and onto the wizards...rarely.

This is almost exactly what I'd do. The I ly difference is focusing a little more o on the the quests because I have trouble hitting the chimi shit and really suck at the Megaladon quest for some reason. I usually hope I get lucky and can bring in the ninja multiball with the Megaladon quest.

#3840 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

Battle Progression:
Quests vs Battles:
Quests/Disco:
Extras:

This is extremely similar to my approach to the game as well.

Except for the last sentence regarding the points strategy, since I suck at intentionally hitting the Snikt shot.

#3841 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipnaught:

really suck at the Megaladon quest for some reason

I try to limit Megaladon to two individual shots...one if I can pull it off. I want to stick to Wolverine loops and live catches. I get the ball on the left flipper, and I shoot the Wolverine shot. I give the game a tap to attempt a live catch with the left flipper. The best outcome is doing this seven times, and you're done. It's slow and boring waiting for the roving shot to keep coming back, but it usually works pretty well. If I flub the catch or miss the shot, I'll also use the right flipper / left ramp shot when it's red.

If I hit those shots at the wrong time and take them out, I'll use a BOOM to reactivate all shots. I try to shoot only those two shots during Megaladon.

Quoted from RobT:

I suck at intentionally hitting the Snikt shot.

So do I. I can't remember the last game I hit it on purpose. At least a dozen or more games without an intentional one.

#3842 4 years ago

Thanks all! Any clue how to reset previous owners high scores?

#3843 4 years ago

Beat them.

#3844 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Thanks all! Any clue how to reset previous owners high scores?

In the utilities menu you should be able to reset factory defaults which will do it, otherwise I think there is a reset just for scores. Poke around in the utilities section...pretty sure that's where it is.

#3845 4 years ago

so true...
but than let's hope that previous owner is not a guy called Keith...

#3846 4 years ago

Boom button is cancelling battles even with quick presses. Other times booms going off by themselves. Sometimes does not register at all when entering initials. Is it the top leaf or the bottom leaf that this button usually needs adjusting?

When I first got it, button was really stiff so I bent top leaf down just a little. Worked fine for a week. Now giving me trouble.

#3847 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Boom button is cancelling battles even with quick presses. Other times booms going off by themselves. Sometimes does not register at all when entering initials. Is it the top leaf or the bottom leaf that this button usually needs adjusting?
When I first got it, button was really stiff so I bent top leaf down just a little. Worked fine for a week. Now giving me trouble.

The leaf is probably bent up too high, or your switch is going bad.

#3848 4 years ago

Hello! I joined the club and am expecting my DP Premium in a couple days. I’m used to maintenance of early SS machines and haven’t seen much of the modern machines. I could use some guidance from the veteran owners here. Feel free to point me in the right direction if these have been answered.

What are common points of failure or inspection points on the machine/PF?

The stern maintenance kit in the manual lists the wax as Novus #2. Novus 2 is a polish/abrasive. Do you wax your playfields with the typical Carnauba type wax?

Is a PF protector recommended for HUO?

Any other tips for a noob?

Thanks!

#3849 4 years ago

Keep an eye on the flipper stops.

Mine has a bunch of brass shavings from the left one in the bottom of the cabinet.

#3850 4 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Keep an eye on the flipper stops.
Mine has a bunch of brass shavings from the left one in the bottom of the cabinet.

Thanks! Is the metal too weak for the job? Is there a superior replacement that you recommend replacing with them at their end of life?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

6,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Papillion, NE
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ormond Beach, FL
9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.