(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,196 posts
  • 1,083 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by drwicket
  • Topic is favorited by 556 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7899 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1688 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1689 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240327_001906_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240327_001709_Chrome (resized).jpg
IMG_8452 (resized).jpg
IMG_8453 (resized).jpg
IMG_8454 (resized).jpg
IMG_8455 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240323_200809 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240326_153304_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
20240326_103932 (resized).jpg
20240326_103906 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,196 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 324.
#3751 4 years ago
Quoted from mjs2:

I find it a lot easier to hit when ball has some momentum from the inlane or an orbit shot, not from a stopped cradle.

This. 100% this. Cradle right. Shoot left ramp. They go for it.

#3752 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This. 100% this. Cradle right. Shoot left ramp. They go for it.

My machine is the opposite. I have an easier time hitting it from a cradle. There’s not much room for err, but I’ve been able to get it up to 5x on occasion.

#3753 4 years ago

I joined the DP club yesterday. Took off work early, made a drive, and brought home a DP Premium. The shake-up of my line-up is complete. I had to sell a Black Rose and Getaway II to get here, but mission accomplished! I got some goodies for her too... Katana cover, pop bumpers, stern shooter rod.... She is settling in to her new surroundings nicely. Don't mind the mess!

20190725_193452 (resized).jpg20190725_193452 (resized).jpg20190726_002853 (resized).jpg20190726_002853 (resized).jpg
#3754 4 years ago
Quoted from Ravvis:

So what is the trick to hitting the sknt!!! shot with some sort of accuracy? I am new to pinball and I am having difficultly finding it on the flipper. Its a great game. Thanks!

I find the shot has more success via the left ramp. Seems to come down the lane with just the right speed.

#3755 4 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

My machine is the opposite. I have an easier time hitting it from a cradle. There’s not much room for err, but I’ve been able to get it up to 5x on occasion.

Mine too! It’s weird when I first got the game, it was easier to make on a lane return, now I have more success from a cradle. In fact, just last night I had 4x going into T-Rex, bumped it to 5x and ended up cashing in a 280’ish mil final shot for a 460 mil or so mode completion. That was a first for me.

#3756 4 years ago

You can get it off the edge of the bumper pretty regularly too.

#3757 4 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

You can get it off the edge of the bumper pretty regularly too.

I used to be able to do that when I first got my machine. Now it won't make it all the way up.

#3758 4 years ago

I love it when I miss the scoop or Collosus with my right flipper and hit the post on the left that then ricochets into the Snikt for a successful shot.

#3759 4 years ago
Quoted from Ravvis:

So what is the trick to hitting the sknt!!! shot with some sort of accuracy? I am new to pinball and I am having difficultly finding it on the flipper. Its a great game. Thanks!

I'm not new to pinball and I can't find that F&*@ing snikt shot to save my life. It's a nearly worthless shot for me. I've never had more than 3x going, and even then it has only been a handful of times. It's a fun shot when you hit it, but I sure as hell don't hit it much. I will go several games without hitting it a single time.

#3760 4 years ago

Thanks for everyone's response. I will keep trying from the cradle and with momentum.

#3761 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'm not new to pinball and I can't find that F&*@ing snikt shot to save my life. It's a nearly worthless shot for me. I've never had more than 3x going, and even then it has only been a handful of times. It's a fun shot when you hit it, but I sure as hell don't hit it much. I will go several games without hitting it a single time.

I go several games without hitting it at all as well. If I'm shooting at it (cradle or moving), I just try to make the spinner but shoot a little late. My intentional make rate is probably in the single digit percentages. On the bright side, I play battles with lots of Wolverine team-ups!!

#3762 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I pulled my snikt target apart and closed the switch up. It was so wide from factory that it almost never registered. Now I get a hit every time. Cuts out the frustration factor. I backhand off snikt into the Katana. Love it.

#3763 4 years ago

I have owned a pro for 3 months now and after my first initial issues it plays great and just like the day I got it. Well the first couple hours I got it haha. I have just over 1400 plays on the machine. Does seem kinda high for just 3 months. Shaker motor is a plus but it did shake loose a couple of the lower GI lights after a month or so. Great pin keeps me playing every night.

#3764 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It finds you...

#3765 4 years ago

Just joined with my premium. Wife and I love this game.

89A155CC-5FD1-4822-8DEB-428533BD53E4 (resized).jpeg89A155CC-5FD1-4822-8DEB-428533BD53E4 (resized).jpeg
#3766 4 years ago

Anyway first thing I did was lift the ball guide leading to the katana lock and the right orbit one behind it and put metal washers. I noticed the ball guide had already made a mark on the playfield as they tightened it down. Anyway protected now and thank you to pinsiders who had posted the damage this guide can create. All the other guides seem ok, please let me know if I need to put washers under any others.

2000EE5C-0D8A-472D-8290-25D54605488A (resized).jpeg2000EE5C-0D8A-472D-8290-25D54605488A (resized).jpeg282F1E63-DA29-4148-A741-336AE4F6CFEE (resized).jpeg282F1E63-DA29-4148-A741-336AE4F6CFEE (resized).jpeg
#3767 4 years ago

set Pitch to about 6.8. A lot harder than the premium we played in the wild. We were getting the katana multiball on most games, on our one with the steeper pitch we get one lock per game! Colossus loop on the one on route was underwhelming, would just dribble out. Ours ricochets out to the jackpot target next to the bumper, so cool!

Anyway, here are the issues we have to dial in:

1. Ball on orbits during launch and play seems to catch something on both orbit gates, just slows ball down a little, not all the time, intermittent.
2. Sometimes left loop ball diverter is not down and ball goes to plunger.
3. Ball has fallen off katana after diverter, saw fix to add extra rubber stop to ball diverter can do this.
4. Very noisy fan when switched on but not being played, is this normal?
5. Ball gets stuck at the bottom of the top lane switches and between a pop bumper and a post (don’t know how this can be fixed). Refer pictures.

It’s late here, will search how to resolve tomorrow, if some kind person can help me out appreciate. Love this game. Bought it cos my wife found JJP pirates boring. Lucky me!
AFB83C78-03F9-4BC5-9F11-83DCF96718D0 (resized).jpegAFB83C78-03F9-4BC5-9F11-83DCF96718D0 (resized).jpeg2D983845-5855-42BA-82BA-462AAC3ACE41 (resized).jpeg2D983845-5855-42BA-82BA-462AAC3ACE41 (resized).jpeg

#3768 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Anyway first thing I did was lift the ball guide leading to the katana lock and the right orbit one behind it and put metal washers. I noticed the ball guide had already made a mark on the playfield as they tightened it down. Anyway protected now and thank you to pinsiders who had posted the damage this guide can create. All the other guides seem ok, please let me know if I need to put washers under any others.[quoted image][quoted image]

Great idea. I think I'll do this with mine as well!

#3769 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

I have owned a pro for 3 months now and after my first initial issues it plays great and just like the day I got it. Well the first couple hours I got it haha. I have just over 1400 plays on the machine. Does seem kinda high for just 3 months. Shaker motor is a plus but it did shake loose a couple of the lower GI lights after a month or so. Great pin keeps me playing every night.

How‘s the dimpling after 1400 games?

#3770 4 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

How‘s the dimpling after 1400 games?

Honestly not to bad,it looks just as dimpled now as it looked after 100 games. Seems to be holding up pretty good. It annoyed me at first but you can’t see it unless you look for it at an angle.

#3771 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

5. Ball gets stuck at the bottom of the top lane switches and between a pop bumper and a post (don’t know how this can be fixed). Refer pictures.

4. Yes, normal for Spike games. You can buy a kit from Vireland (Pinmonk) that puts in a quieter fan. Also a thread on it (search for spike noisy fans) with all the parts to make one yourself.

5. Had a similar thing with mine when I first got it, tweaked the switch to make the pop bumper more sensitive and all was good.

#3772 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

set Pitch to about 6.8. A lot harder than the premium we played in the wild. We were getting the katana multiball on most games, on our one with the steeper pitch we get one lock per game! Colossus loop on the one on route was underwhelming, would just dribble out. Ours ricochets out to the jackpot target next to the bumper, so cool!
Anyway, here are the issues we have to dial in:
1. Ball on orbits during launch and play seems to catch something on both orbit gates, just slows ball down a little, not all the time, intermittent.
2. Sometimes left loop ball diverter is not down and ball goes to plunger.
3. Ball has fallen off katana after diverter, saw fix to add extra rubber stop to ball diverter can do this.
It’s late here, will search how to resolve tomorrow, if some kind person can help me out appreciate. Love this game. Bought it cos my wife found JJP pirates boring. Lucky me!
[quoted image][quoted image]

1. Try removing the bottom rubber from the Star post at the top right corner control gate. I removed mine and barely get any hangups.

2. I think it’s switch logic with code. Typically in a one ball game, it should always go down and divert. If this is not the case, perhaps you have an intermittent switch issue? During multiball, when balls are flying from shooter lane or double orbit shots, the diverter will sometimes miss a ball.

3. I’m curious what the fix is to the katana ramp diverted. I haven’t tried anything personally, but when I clean the playfield I notice ball hops off of the the diverter from speed. Doesn’t happen often but about time I start digging in myself to fix.

4. Fan noise is normal for spike games. I believe PinMonk has a fix in his pin monk store but it doesn’t personally bother me so I kept it factory.

5. Not sure. I had a similar issue with my acdc and I think it gradually fixed itself over time (roughly after 50 plays).

#3773 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Are you sure they were all OFF and the ball rolling manually over them made them turn ON? Was maybe one stuck ON, and the ball rolling over made it go OFF, which will still look like it's working, but it's wrong. Can you do a video of the screen and rolling the balls over each switch manually one at a time in the ball path?

Below is the list I emailed to stern:

“The following are the switches that are cycled through in the active switch test. I don’t know what is intended to be closed or not.

Dc sense
Lil dp drop reset
Left flipper eos
Right flipper eos
Trough 6
Trough 5
Trough 4
Trough 3
Trough 2
Trough 1”

Stern did say that these were all correct.

Their tech support doesn’t get back to my emails I have to keep emailing them so today I had some time and decided to call them. Spoke to Chas who is the one that I have been emailing. We determined that the switch in the right orbit before the turn is causing the gate to open on the plunge. Chas was going to let engineering know and see what suggestions they had.

This has been going on for over two weeks, is this normal with Stern? With JJP things seemed to get resolved much quicker.

Anyone have suggestions on what I could do to fix the problem?

#3774 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Below is the list I emailed to stern:
“The following are the switches that are cycled through in the active switch test. I don’t know what is intended to be closed or not.
Dc sense
Lil dp drop reset
Left flipper eos
Right flipper eos
Trough 6
Trough 5
Trough 4
Trough 3
Trough 2
Trough 1”
Stern did say that these were all correct.
Their tech support doesn’t get back to my emails I have to keep emailing them so today I had some time and decided to call them. Spoke to Chas who is the one that I have been emailing. We determined that the switch in the right orbit before the turn is causing the gate to open on the plunge. Chas was going to let engineering know and see what suggestions they had.
This has been going on for over two weeks, is this normal with Stern? With JJP things seemed to get resolved much quicker.
Anyone have suggestions on what I could do to fix the problem?

I forgot, is this a pro or a prem/le?

It's not unusual. Sometimes JJP resolutions take YEARS, it just depends on the problem. Fixing the code to stop the WoZ ECLE lockups on 6.xx versions took more than a year and a half. I finally gave up and figured out my own solution to solve it.

#3775 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I forgot, is this a pro or a prem/le?
It's not unusual. Sometimes JJP resolutions take YEARS, it just depends on the problem. Fixing the code to stop the WoZ ECLE lockups on 6.xx versions took more than a year and a half. I finally gave up and figured out my own solution to solve it.

LE

#3776 4 years ago

So, glass off, game started, ball in the trough. Gate is closed?
If yes, then remove ball from trough. Game is still closed?
If yes, then hit the switch at the corner. Gate is now open?

#3777 4 years ago

Anyone looking to join the club, I'm selling mine (prem). PM if interested. Cash only. Loaded. 6600.

#3778 4 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

4. Yes, normal for Spike games. You can buy a kit from Vireland (Pinmonk) that puts in a quieter fan. Also a thread on it (search for spike noisy fans) with all the parts to make one yourself.
5. Had a similar thing with mine when I first got it, tweaked the switch to make the pop bumper more sensitive and all was good.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

1. Try removing the bottom rubber from the Star post at the top right corner control gate. I removed mine and barely get any hangups.
2. I think it’s switch logic with code. Typically in a one ball game, it should always go down and divert. If this is not the case, perhaps you have an intermittent switch issue? During multiball, when balls are flying from shooter lane or double orbit shots, the diverter will sometimes miss a ball.
3. I’m curious what the fix is to the katana ramp diverted. I haven’t tried anything personally, but when I clean the playfield I notice ball hops off of the the diverter from speed. Doesn’t happen often but about time I start digging in myself to fix.
4. Fan noise is normal for spike games. I believe vireland has a fix in his pin monk store but it doesn’t personally bother me so I kept it factory.
5. Not sure. I had a similar issue with my acdc and I think it gradually fixed itself over time (roughly after 50 plays).

Thank you both! Will check and report.

#3779 4 years ago

Family has really been getting into the new sterns. It’s been a lot of fun. We have sold a lot of our 90s era pins in the last couple months to get AS, Munsters, Catwoman and GOTG. I am thinking Deadpool will be next but may have to sell our Whirlwind to make room. Is DP worth it? WW is a fun pin but I think DP is deep and has more last-ability

#3780 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So, glass off, game started, ball in the trough. Gate is closed?
If yes, then remove ball from trough. Game is still closed?
If yes, then hit the switch at the corner. Gate is now open?

Gate closed when ball removed from trough, switch at the corner opens the gate.

#3781 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Family has really been getting into the new sterns. It’s been a lot of fun. We have sold a lot of our 90s era pins in the last couple months to get AS, Munsters, Catwoman and GOTG. I am thinking Deadpool will be next but may have to sell our Whirlwind to make room. Is DP worth it? WW is a fun pin but I think DP is deep and has more last-ability

If you buy Deadpool, it will be the best Stern in your lineup.

#3782 4 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

If you buy Deadpool, it will be the best Stern in your lineup.

I really like BM66 but I agree otherwise.

#3783 4 years ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

I really like BM66 but I agree otherwise.

Yeah, We love Batman 66 a lot but I like Deadpool too. Batman 66 though will have a place in my heart because of the theme and just being awesome. I do believe DP will be a very close 2nd

#3784 4 years ago

I’ve done exactly the same over the past few months.
DP is a fantastic game for so many different reasons.
You want regret buying it for sure.
Nonstop fun action game.
Pull the trigger, go for it.
It’s going to be one of Sterns all time bests.

Quoted from Happy81724:

#3785 4 years ago

Any custom instruction cards out there for the premium? Thanks all!!!

#3786 4 years ago

Finally got my parts back from the powder coater. They did a fantastic job, they told me it's the first time they've done pinball machine parts too!

20190731_225734 (resized).jpg20190731_225734 (resized).jpg20190731_225749 (resized).jpg20190731_225749 (resized).jpg20190731_225804 (resized).jpg20190731_225804 (resized).jpg20190731_230044 (resized).jpg20190731_230044 (resized).jpg20190731_230107 (resized).jpg20190731_230107 (resized).jpg
#3787 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Finally got my parts back from the powder coater. They did a fantastic job, they told me it's the first time they've done pinball machine parts too![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sweet! That looks awesome!!

#3788 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Gate closed when ball removed from trough, switch at the corner opens the gate.

Something has to be wired wrong with your left flipper. If you hold the left flipper and remove the ball from the trough, what's the gate status? And still holding the left flipper, what's the gate status when you trigger the upper left switch while holding the gate?

#3789 4 years ago

LE #451 reporting in! It is the first pin to actually live in my house and is going to get a good bit of attention...

IMG_20190731_160643 (resized).jpgIMG_20190731_160643 (resized).jpg
#3790 4 years ago
Quoted from scorche:

LE #451 reporting in! It is the first pin to actually live in my house and is going to get a good bit of attention...[quoted image]

Looks amazing.....

Congratulations

#3791 4 years ago
Quoted from scorche:

LE #451 reporting in! It is the first pin to actually live in my house and is going to get a good bit of attention...[quoted image]

I love the side art and sparkle armor on the LE. So choice.

#3792 4 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Quoted from Eskaybee:

4. Fan noise is normal for spike games. I believe vireland has a fix in his pin monk store but it doesn’t personally bother me so I kept it factory.

Thanks paul_8788 adjusted bumper hopefully that fixes.

Thanks Eskaybee for your help and your enthusiasm for this game. Your championing actually was one of the reasons I decided on this one. So took the rubber off the post, orbits are smoother. Nice.

Also thanks to the dude who mentioned putting a bend in the katana ramp ball guide. Hitting that baby all day now.

Effing awesome game. Such a buzz, even if completed just such mindless fun. Integration is the best I’ve seen. This is how you do graphics for a modern pin. Poor pirates won’t be played for a while.

#3793 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Something has to be wired wrong with your left flipper. If you hold the left flipper and remove the ball from the trough, what's the gate status? And still holding the left flipper, what's the gate status when you trigger the upper left switch while holding the gate?

When I hold the left flipper button and remove the ball from the trough the gate is closed. When I hold the left flipper button and the ball goes over the switch before the turn in the orbit the gate is open.

#3794 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Thanks paul_8788 adjusted bumper hopefully that fixes.
Thanks eskaybee for your help and your enthusiasm for this game. Your championing actually was one of the reasons I decided on this one. So took the rubber off the post, orbits are smoother. Nice.
Also thanks to the dude who mentioned putting a bend in the katana ramp ball guide. Hitting that baby all day now.
Effing awesome game. Such a buzz, even if completed just such mindless fun. Integration is the best I’ve seen. This is how you do graphics for a modern pin. Poor pirates won’t be played for a while.

What's the bend you guys are doing to your katana ramp?

#3795 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

What's the bend you guys are doing to your katana ramp?

I haven't done this myself, but I believe this is the link to the posts that contain the info on the bend -

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-elses-opinion-changed-on-deadpool?tu=fattdirk

#3796 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

When I hold the left flipper button and remove the ball from the trough the gate is closed. When I hold the left flipper button and the ball goes over the switch before the turn in the orbit the gate is open.

So essentially regardless of the position of the left flipper button, it acts as if you're depressing the left flipper button. If all the switch tests are fine (and none are reversed), maybe you have a bad SD card? A factory reset wouldn't fix that and it could corrupt the code. Have you tried replacing that?

#3797 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Sweet! That looks awesome!!

I see what you did.

#3798 4 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

I haven't done this myself, but I believe this is the link to the posts that contain the info on the bend -
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-elses-opinion-changed-on-deadpool?tu=fattdirk

Question. What are the spade bolts he’s referring to on the end of the guides? Are they under the pf?

#3799 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Question. What are the spade bolts he’s referring to on the end of the guides? Are they under the pf?

I believe so, but I personally haven't made the adjustment to my DP machine, at least not yet. Spade bolts attach ball guide rails to the playfield. You can see the tops of them on both sides of the rails in the photos, just a little before the posts.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3800 4 years ago

I just adjusted the top guide. Check if it is far away from the red post next to it. I actually took out the red post and bent the end upwards towards the back box with some pliers. Just be careful you don’t snap the bolt on the guide. The suggestion in the link is neater and safer. I recommend following that rather than what i did.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Buffalo, NY
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 25.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts
Shooter rods
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
There are 16,196 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 324.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/76?hl=cocomonkeh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.