(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,265 posts
  • 1,090 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 hours ago by BurntBiscuit
  • Topic is favorited by 555 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg
dp27 (resized).jpg
dp16 (resized).jpg
IMG_2260 (resized).jpg
IMG_2259 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,265 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 326.
#3651 4 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Mine is an LE and had original 0.98 code
New SD card has been sent from my distributor and all sorted now. Very impressed with the additions in the new code. Got a GC first game with it.

Yea my premium had 0.98. It was a dud.

#3652 4 years ago

A bit geeky but my wife bought me an Invicta Deadpool watch. Note that the hands are swords.

A45A831F-4379-454A-A1E7-4904B43DD78F (resized).jpegA45A831F-4379-454A-A1E7-4904B43DD78F (resized).jpegF0F673A8-40BE-4AEE-B0C0-C910A72F399A (resized).jpegF0F673A8-40BE-4AEE-B0C0-C910A72F399A (resized).jpeg
#3653 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

You are not actually hitting the shot the same way.
I have done many slow motion videos to get mine 100% dialed in and to my surprise, what I thought were 100% consistent shots on my end were not! Video does not lie...
80%+ is dialed in is good.

No kidding. There is no 100% in pinball, that’s not the game being clunky.

#3654 4 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Anyway. I wouldn't expect 1.03 to be that big of a change. Since Stern hasn't released it to public yet. It´s most likely just an updated system version to support the recently added interlock switch.

Winner winner schnitzel dinner.

A friend at Stern just essentially confirmed that the interlock coding is the only change here. It wasn't a 100% guarantee, but he was pretty sure.

#3655 4 years ago

Should the angle of the play field be the same from bottom to top? When I measure mine down by the flippers I am at 6.8, but up closer to the Hell House scoop I am at 7.0 or 7.1. I think if I drop the back legs a little then it will also lower the degrees up front and I don’t want it any lower. Figured I would ask this group before I start messing with the legs. All my measurements are on the play field (not on the glass). Thanks.

#3656 4 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

A bit geeky but my wife bought me an Invicta Deadpool watch. Note that the hands are swords.[quoted image][quoted image]

My cleaning lady also thinks i have gone too far

dp3 (resized).jpgdp3 (resized).jpg
#3657 4 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

(reposting here after posting to the less active Deadpool: Owner's And Issues thread)
It looks like version 1.02 is the latest on Stern's site (https://sternpinball.com/support/game-code/). A friend (of a friend of a friend) just got a Deadpool Pro delivered that's running version 1.03.
Does anyone have any info about version 1.03?
Thanks!

Got my game in on the 5th of July. It has 1.03 code on it.

#3658 4 years ago
Quoted from davisjl1979:

Is the spacing of the 1s on the match wheel and mystery weird (i.e. the 1s seem abnormally far away from the other numbers)?

#3659 4 years ago

i did the tweezer trick and the ramp def feels better. thanks. Actually put up my best score right after I did it....695m (good for me)....

#3660 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

i did the tweezer trick and the ramp def feels better. thanks. Actually put up my best score right after I did it....695m (good for me)....

Nice score! Is it me or does this game choose when you can play long. One game I get 30m then the next 600m lol. All good or all bad for me but I love it every time!!

#3661 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

What’s the tweezer trick?

#3662 4 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

Should the angle of the play field be the same from bottom to top? When I measure mine down by the flippers I am at 6.8, but up closer to the Hell House scoop I am at 7.0 or 7.1. I think if I drop the back legs a little then it will also lower the degrees up front and I don’t want it any lower. Figured I would ask this group before I start messing with the legs. All my measurements are on the play field (not on the glass). Thanks.

So I just checked mine and I am getting about the same 2 degree difference. Mine is 6.8 between the flippers and 7.0 near the Hell House. I've always measured mine right in the middle and it shows 6.9 there.

So, is this normal? To have a different angle depending on where you measure?

And to clarify, I am using a digital torpedo level on the playfield, not the glass.

#3664 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipnaught:

So I just checked mine and I am getting about the same 2 degree difference. Mine is 6.8 between the flippers and 7.0 near the Hell House. I've always measured mine right in the middle and it shows 6.9 there.
So, is this normal? To have a different angle depending on where you measure?
And to clarify, I am using a digital torpedo level on the playfield, not the glass.

Different thickness in clear, Bow in the wood etc.

#3665 4 years ago
Quoted from davisjl1979:

Please open the coin door and check if it has a interlock. Is so the new version would confirm my theory.

#3666 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Is the spacing of the 1s on the match wheel and mystery weird (i.e. the 1s seem abnormally far away from the other numbers)?

I’d have to check.

Here is pic though.

284F401E-8490-4CCF-B9F0-16BA92A14EDA (resized).jpeg284F401E-8490-4CCF-B9F0-16BA92A14EDA (resized).jpeg
#3667 4 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Please open the coin door and check if it has a interlock. Is so the new version would confirm my theory.

Not sure what you mean by interlock.

#3668 4 years ago
Quoted from davisjl1979:

Not sure what you mean by interlock.

White switch just inside the coin door to the left. It pushes in and out as you close and open the door.

#3669 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

White switch just inside the coin door to the left. It pushes in and out as you close and open the door.

It has one interlock switch.

#3670 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Yeah, the other day on location I got to Megakrakoladonus Rex for the first time. Reminded me a little bit of Iron Throne on GOT. It didn't really play out like Iron Throne, but was similar in that if you drain out and still have more balls to play, you are still in the mode at the beginning of your next ball. Anyway, after some good progress in the mode, the Lil DP area stayed open for big points like 12m, 27M, and 60M for a single hit.

Weird,when I got to it for the first time yesterday I had a ball left and when I drained and went to ball 3,it was just normal play
I hit the scoop then it just offered me option to fight battles again

#3671 4 years ago

Looks like I need to replace my hell house scoop. I noticed a lot of rejects lately and looking at it closer it is bent where it goes over the playfield and the vertical part on the right side is cracked and bent inwards.

It looks like all I will need is part # 515-9984-00 BRACKET-EJECT. Can someone please confirm this? Also, looking online a little, I am having trouble finding one. What's the best route for this? Keep looking? Contact Stern? Or the retailer I purchased it from? Would this be a warranty issue? I purchased my machine on April 12, just under 3 months ago. Thanks.

20190707_114928 (resized).jpg20190707_114928 (resized).jpg20190707_114952 (resized).jpg20190707_114952 (resized).jpg20190707_115016 (resized).jpg20190707_115016 (resized).jpg20190707_120039 (resized).jpg20190707_120039 (resized).jpg
#3672 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Why are they adding these back?

Everything is low voltage now 12 or 5 volt ... I thought.

#3673 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipnaught:

Looks like I need to replace my hell house scoop. I noticed a lot of rejects lately and looking at it closer it is bent where it goes over the playfield and the vertical part on the right side is cracked and bent inwards.
It looks like all I will need is part # 515-9984-00 BRACKET-EJECT. Can someone please confirm this? Also, looking online a little, I am having trouble finding one. What's the best route for this? Keep looking? Contact Stern? Or the retailer I purchased it from? Would this be a warranty issue? I purchased my machine on April 12, just under 3 months ago. Thanks.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Contact Cliff Cliffy - his are stronger, more robust then Sterns.

http://www.passionforpinball.com/

[email protected]

#3674 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Contact Cliff cliffy - his are stronger, more robust then Sterns.
http://www.passionforpinball.com/
[email protected]

Oh cool, I have his shooter lane protector, didn't even think about him for the scoop. Thanks!

#3675 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipnaught:

Oh cool, I have his shooter lane protector, didn't even think about him for the scoop. Thanks!

Let’s us know.

Let him know several of us could use a replacement.

#3676 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Let’s us know.
Let him know several of us could use a replacement.

For sure, I just sent him an email. I'll post more info when I have it.

#3677 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I never understood the need in the first place. Turn the game off when working on it. Always.

#3678 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipnaught:

It looks like all I will need is part # 515-9984-00 BRACKET-EJECT. Can someone please confirm this? Also, looking online a little, I am having trouble finding one. What's the best route for this? Keep looking? Contact Stern? Or the retailer I purchased it from? Would this be a warranty issue? I purchased my machine on April 12, just under 3 months ago. Thanks.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

If you’re the original owner, hit Chas up at stern. He’ll more than likely send you a new one at no charge.

Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Weird,when I got to it for the first time yesterday I had a ball left and when I drained and went to ball 3,it was just normal play
I hit the scoop then it just offered me option to fight battles again

Megakrakalodonus Rex is a one and done mode. However, there is a bug somewhere in the code that relights it on a ball drain. I tilted out once and it was relit so I thought that was the bug but haven’t been able to reproduce it.

#3679 4 years ago

All in all I think the wizard modes are very cleverly written. Simple, yet effective.

#3680 4 years ago

Damn this game is fun. Thinking of getting LE now (prem owner).

#3681 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

So you don't get your fingers smashed by the auto launch while checking the shooter lane switch, for one. Getting rid of the interlock was stupid for many other related reasons.

#3682 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I never understood the need in the first place. Turn the game off when working on it. Always.

And how are you going to verify that a switch works with the power off? Pulling out your multimeter? No, just...no.

#3683 4 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Damn this game is fun. Thinking of getting LE now (prem owner).

LE isn't really going to give you anything important you don't have already. It's not like the Pro to Premium jump that is huge.

#3684 4 years ago

We palyed Deadpool Pingolf on my machine for our weekly comp yesterday, it's a blast.

Adjust the rules to your own skill level, but this suits our little group well.

Deadpool Pingolf;

1. Shoot 30 mill
2. Start a Multiball
3. Shoot Collossus shot 3 times
4. Wheel of fortune Mystery Score (closest without busting) We pick a number tween 10 and 20 mill and then cover the display so you have to drain when you think you are just under without going over
5. Hit Skill Shot on the Plunge
6. One Flipper each Score 15 mill (team of 2)
7. Score 20 mill
8. Light Chimi's
9. Light 'Dead'and 'Pool'

3 ball play. 1 stroke recorded per ball plunged. Let drain after reaching your target.
Where numbers are targets, less than 50% reached equals 2 penalty strokes (5 strokes),
more than 50% to 99% = 1 penalty stroke (4 strokes).
Lowest score after 9 holes wins.

We always have a laugh while playing this and it helps to have a change up in a comp in a small collection.
IMGP0191 (resized).JPGIMGP0191 (resized).JPG

#3685 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

LE isn't really going to give you anything important you don't have already. It's not like the Pro to Premium jump that is huge.

It depends on ones definition of important.

pninja005 Go and look at Sterns comparison (on their website) of all 3 machines. LE has a number things Premium does not have. Of course, there is always a cost.

#3686 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

It depends on ones definition of important.
pninja005 Go and look at Sterns comparison (on their website) of all 3 machines. LE has a number things Premium does not have. Of course, there is always a cost.

Let me clarify. You're going to get anti-reflection glass, bigger speakers and amp with lit speaker rings, mirrored backglass (the only real great add), different cab art and art blades, powder coated armor, a shaker motor, and a vinyl LP.

None of that really adds to the gameplay except maybe (MAYBE) the bigger speakers. So if you have the Premium, you have the same gameplay you'll have with the LE.

#3687 4 years ago

Thanks to @vireland, @yelobird, Lermods and @audioenslaved. Put deposit down for premium. Played one on the weekend. Family loves it. Should have it in 2-3 weeks. Can’t wait!!

#3688 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Thanks to vireland, yelobird, lermods and audioenslaved. Put deposit down for premium. Played one on the weekend. Family loves it. Should have it in 2-3 weeks. Can’t wait!!

Congrats to You! So glad to have DP back in the house such an amazing game. Gomez really got creative with this game and the new software team really shined with the animation in my opinion. Just love it and hope you do as well.

#3689 4 years ago

Is there any way to tighten the front left side screw (pictured) on the left ramp without removing the whole assembly? Mine is super loose but when I tighten it I'm assuming the nut on the inside is spinning with the screw.

20190708_181053 (resized).jpg20190708_181053 (resized).jpg
#3690 4 years ago

Which disco ball for the pro?

#3691 4 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Which disco ball for the pro?

None. From what I've seen, they're not connected to the mode but just tied to a flasher in a very basic way so they really don't work right on the Pro.

#3692 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

None. From what I've seen, they're not connected to the mode but just tied to a flasher in a very basic way so they really don't work right on the Pro.

It just works different because the pro disco mode is different than the premium/LE, no disco loops, for example. Ours isn’t tied to a flasher, it fires off the purple disco insert by the spinner. When that insert lights, the disco ball runs. I think it makes a nice addition to the playfield, which is pretty bare, unless you like plastic characters.

#3693 4 years ago

Joined the club recently with an LE. Not normally a big fan of mods but just installed this Chrome Candy shooter rod and housing. Looks fantastic and matches up perfectly with the factory powder coat on the LE.

Here is the before and after. Big improvement IMO and should have been like this from the factory!

F13E5E14-6525-488C-AC52-B2685CBF6940 (resized).jpegF13E5E14-6525-488C-AC52-B2685CBF6940 (resized).jpeg0A4C5F39-43A5-43F1-8569-E04E0F7FBE51 (resized).jpeg0A4C5F39-43A5-43F1-8569-E04E0F7FBE51 (resized).jpeg
#3694 4 years ago

Another benefit of having an interlock is that (if memory serves) it enables a coin-door ball-save option which is handy when, during the middle of a game, the ball gets stuck and you need to free it up and then resume gameplay. It disables the autoplunger which lets you put the ball back into the shooter lane, get the glass and lockdown bar back on, and then resume when you close the coin door.

I made note of this missing feature myself recently because I have been workin on my Snikt shot and sometimes the ball ricochets off the Snikt target and gets stuck somewhere it isn't supposed to, such as in these pics:

IMG_20190613_171927 (resized).jpgIMG_20190613_171927 (resized).jpgIMG_20190615_202347 (resized).jpgIMG_20190615_202347 (resized).jpg
#3695 4 years ago
Quoted from Buschjs:

Joined the club recently with an LE. Not normally a big fan of mods but just installed this Chrome Candy shooter rod and housing. Looks fantastic and matches up perfectly with the factory powder coat on the LE.
Here is the before and after. Big improvement IMO and should have been like this from the factory![quoted image][quoted image]

I agree. I put a Chrome Candy shooter on my DI and now I want one on my DP Pro. It one of the reasons (admittedly small) I decided on a Pro. You pay plenty extra for an LE or Premium and get the same 15 dollar shooter as a Pro??? But on the other side of the argument I see some of the artwork on your post and the post above with the stuck ball and I'm impressed.

#3696 4 years ago

Is this the correct shaker:

Stern Shaker Motor Kit (Rev C) For SPIKE System Games

Not buying it from stern direct so want to know if it will work. Thanks!

#3697 4 years ago

Man this game is stupid good
I am no veteran of having pins at home
I’ve only owned maybe 25 games
This is by far the best purchase I’ve made

#3698 4 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Man this game is stupid good
I am no veteran of having pins at home
I’ve only owned 25 maybe games
This is by far the best purchase I’ve made

Just said the same thing after playing 4 or 5 games tonight. I’ve had this game for almost three months and I still smile the whole time I play. It’s not the honeymoon phase anymore where it’s all hyperbole, this game is amazing.

#3699 4 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Just said the same thing after playing 4 or 5 games tonight. I’ve had this game for almost three months and I still smile the whole time I play. It’s not the honeymoon phase anymore where it’s all hyperbole, this game is amazing.

I feel like I have hit the jackpot with my last two NIB games (Iron Maiden Prem and Deadpool Prem). I usually get tired of games relatively quickly, but these two keep bringing me back for more.

#3700 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Is this the correct shaker:
Stern Shaker Motor Kit (Rev C) For SPIKE System Games
Not buying it from stern direct so want to know if it will work. Thanks!

If its the one from pinball life it will work fine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Parsippany, NJ
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

There are 16,265 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/74?hl=davisjl1979 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.