(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

11 months ago

Topic Stats

• 3,731 posts
  • 358 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by vireland
  • Topic is favorited by 144 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 831 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0F788517-B10A-4AA3-A5BB-0B5448AE572F (resized).jpeg
A1C844E9-544E-4183-8C2E-69FC2260CC3A (resized).jpeg
71950619-C60C-4AC8-9903-CE3E37D7D803 (resized).jpeg
FF106CFE-8EF5-4939-BB78-8F88B853B031 (resized).jpeg
A770DF39-33E7-406A-96A5-E5D3CF0B8185 (resized).jpeg
3FEBBFDD-A37C-46A2-9E05-C5CF095901A0 (resized).jpeg
87B83D3E-F59A-468B-A269-7F1BF1653822 (resized).jpeg
8D2F0526-A5E9-4233-9A4F-CB076A996A07 (resized).jpeg
CA97DD1D-2547-422F-B28C-1FD9380FC48B (resized).jpeg
4B926E9D-C01C-4178-ACA5-B34FE3474EE6 (resized).jpeg
1D7CD8AC-E1FA-423D-ACBB-FD51DA242F3D (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190615_202347 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190613_171927 (resized).jpg
0A4C5F39-43A5-43F1-8569-E04E0F7FBE51 (resized).jpeg
F13E5E14-6525-488C-AC52-B2685CBF6940 (resized).jpeg
20190708_181053 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

30 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 3731 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 75.
#3351 33 days ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

...over $11k of play ...

BOOM!!

#3352 33 days ago

Impending doom on my aftermarket plunger, attack of the smack happy customers, some can't be trained the simple etiquette of not smacking a plunger end into pieces eventually...

20190614_162824 (resized).jpg20190614_162847 (resized).jpg
#3353 33 days ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

some can't be trained the simple etiquette of not smacking a plunger end into pieces eventually...

I have a friend that is a "smacker". I cringe every time he does it. I tell him that there are skill shots that he's missing out on...trying to be kind!

#3354 33 days ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I have a friend that is a "smacker". I cringe every time he does it. I tell him that there are skill shots that he's missing out on...trying to be kind!

I like the pins that have the pointed shooter rod handles. You CAN'T do that or it kills your hand.

pointed-shooter (resized).jpg
#3355 33 days ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Impending doom on my aftermarket plunger, attack of the smack happy customers, some can't be trained the simple etiquette of not smacking a plunger end into pieces eventually...[quoted image][quoted image]

If any of my machines had made $11k I would replace the shooter rod every week if I needed to My Deadpool has made $250 :p

#3357 33 days ago
Quoted from Gov:

If any of my machines had made $11k I would replace the shooter rod every week if I needed to My Deadpool has made $250 :p

Yeah, I don't replace many a year, but it is one of the most tragic happenings when one snaps into pieces...

#3358 33 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

I like the pins that have the pointed shooter rod handles. You CAN'T do that or it kills your hand.[quoted image]

Those early bally solid state ones are sick, somebody please make a metal one for modern games?

#3359 33 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

Check your orbit switches first in switch test mode.

I played a game to check if the problem was still there, and it was. I ran the switch test. There were no errors. I inspected the switch and the "black flap" (not the technical term, I'm sure) was stuck in the up position. I pressed it down. There was no resistance. I played another game, and everything was fine. A couple more, and it was still good. After a couple more....the problem came back. I inspected again, and the "flap" was stuck back up. I ran the switch test with it up and got no errors. I pressed it down and ran the test again. Again, there were no errors. So my question is...what should I look for now. Thanks for helping a rookie out, again!

#3360 33 days ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I played a game to check if the problem was still there, and it was. I ran the switch test. There were no errors. I inspected the switch and the "black flap" (not the technical term, I'm sure) was stuck in the up position. I pressed it down. There was no resistance. I played another game, and everything was fine. A couple more, and it was still good. After a couple more....the problem came back. I inspected again, and the "flap" was stuck back up. I ran the switch test with it up and got no errors. I pressed it down and ran the test again. Again, there were no errors. So my question is...what should I look for now. Thanks for helping a rookie out, again!

Spring or arm to coil may be messed up on the upper right gate. If you open and close the gate in coil test mode, is it opening and closing fully each cycle you test?

#3361 32 days ago

How different is the lightshow between pro and premium?

#3362 32 days ago

Picked up a pro yesterday and wow ... playing in home environment with a correctly set up pin with the new code has this pin quickly becoming one my favorite stern pins. Great unique layout and code with excellent lightshows.

#3363 32 days ago
Quoted from pninja005:

How different is the lightshow between pro and premium?

Slightly, but the main difference is the disco multiball light show that's absent on the Pro that can't be duplicated with existing mods. The mods that are out are a poor approximation of the Prem/LE function, but I don't think they can be improved because they're just triggering off one point to turn the ball on. Disco Loops and Disco Multiball is one of the best things about the Prem/LE. Wacky and fun.

#3364 32 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

Slightly, but the main difference is the disco multiball light show that's absent on the Pro that can't be duplicated with existing mods. The mods that are out are a poor approximation of the Prem/LE function, but I don't think they can be improved because they're just triggering off one point to turn the ball on. Disco Loops and Disco Multiball is one of the best things about the Prem/LE. Wacky and fun.

Premium/LE also has red controlled GI.

#3365 32 days ago

Ok so if I understand correctly, pro has no disco mb mode?

#3366 32 days ago

No pro has disco mb, just not as good of a lightshow compared to prem.

#3367 32 days ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Ok so if I understand correctly, pro has no disco mb mode?

On the Pro, the mode is there (both disco modes, loops and multiball, actually), but it makes little sense without the machine-controlled disco ball light show.

#3368 32 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

On the Pro, the mode is there (both disco modes, loops and multiball, actually), but it makes little sense without the machine-controlled disco ball light show.

Disco Loops is missing on the pro.

#3369 32 days ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

My favorite shot in the game.

#3370 32 days ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Ah, right. Forgot - no ramp.

#3371 32 days ago

I’m surprised with all the white inserts on bottom of playfield that they could not code something up during pro version of disco mb that would help resemble disco floor instead of just all GI going out and purple tints in inserts. Can’t complain. Game is great either way!!!

#3372 31 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

Agreed. Somtimes I plunge and my only goal is to hear those funky beats.

#3373 31 days ago

I'm guessing a white spotlight lights the disco ball on the premium/le?..... and where is that light located/mounted?

#3374 31 days ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I'm guessing a white spotlight lights the disco ball on the premium/le?..... and where is that light located/mounted?

It's a semi-hidden directional LED behind the turnaround of the left short ramp. You can see the location on page 19 of the manual.

#3375 31 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

It's a semi-hidden directional LED behind the turnaround of the left short ramp. You can see the location on page 19 of the manual.

There’s an LED on the back of Dazzler and another the side of Wolverine that both illuminate the Disco ball if I remember correctly.

#3376 31 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

Right, and that light is missing on the pro, line in the manual is blank.

#3377 31 days ago

Looks bitchin when playing in a dark room at night. The ceiling has disco lights going round and round; reminds me of the TAF’s topper and its effect. And The playfield lights up nicely with it too; all around just a fun mode.

#3378 31 days ago

Does anyone sell different eye stickers for lil Deadpool? I feel like he could look at it more menacing with simple sticker wire replacements..... Even using the target sticker as an example underneath him...

#3379 31 days ago

Having a hard time deciding to get pro or prem. I used to be long time LE buyer but switched since gotg to pro and am happy with it. But this one, hmmm

#3380 31 days ago

Like others have said , if you think the extra flow of the left orbit and the disco lights are worth the money go prem.
For me I really like the prem/LE for this game. Although I prefer the pro art.
I’m still trying to justify buying a LE over prem.

Quoted from pninja005:

Having a hard time deciding to get pro or prem. I used to be long time LE buyer but switched since gotg to pro and am happy with it. But this one, hmmm

#3381 31 days ago
Quoted from Gov:

$250 in what timeframe & what type of location?

#3382 31 days ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

$250 in what timeframe & what type of location?

Couple of months. It is a boardgame store with a game room. We have 12 pins there. Hold league and such. Not a ton of foot traffic.

#3383 31 days ago
Quoted from mcuzz:

Like others have said , if you think the extra flow of the left orbit and the disco lights are worth the money go prem.
For me I really like the prem/LE for this game. Although I prefer the pro art.
I’m still trying to justify buying a LE over prem.

We just put the superior pro translite on the premium ($77, pinball life special order). Solved 90% of the issue since you don't spend your time looking at the cabinet sides when playing.

#3384 31 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

We just put the superior pro translite on the premium ($77, pinball life special order). Solved 90% of the issue since you don't spend your time looking at the cabinet sides when playing.

I must be the only one that likes the premium translite better. I think it's darker and more comic like. I liked the prem art on both DP and IMDN better than pro..

#3385 31 days ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Both versions are fantastic, but if you wouldn't miss the extra $1700 (assuming you buy nib) then I'd go premium. I love my pro, but the premium is certainly a slightly better experience.

#3386 31 days ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Both versions are fantastic, but if you wouldn't miss the extra $1700 (assuming you buy nib) then I'd go premium. I love my pro, but the premium is certainly a slightly better experience.

I don't even think it's slightly better. It's a LOT better. One of the few Pro/Prem comparisons where it's not even close.

#3387 31 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

I don't even think it's slightly better. It's a LOT better. One of the few Pro/Prem comparisons where it's not even close.

Interesting. I was super torn between the two of them, a couple local places have the LE and after playing that a bunch I just didn't think the difference was substantial enough. Maybe it just had something to do with me only playing the prem/LE in a barcade environment. I found it to definitely be a better experience, just not substantially better.

#3388 31 days ago

It's definitely better but it's not imperative. You'll just think to yourself everytime you play the pro, how much you enjoy it and think maybe I should have gone premium..... And the peace of mind for premium owners never second guessing is worth it alone ; )

#3389 31 days ago

Fuck it, I’m goin’ LE

#3390 31 days ago

mcuzz: The LE is a really stunning package. IMO, you won’t regret it.
The powder coat really enhances the cabinet’s art and the mirrored backglass looks really sharp.
I think the high def glass, art blades and the lit speakers are nice add-ons as well.
With all the code updates, the pin is a blast.

#3391 31 days ago
Quoted from mcuzz:

Fuck it, I’m goin’ LE

That's the spirit!

#3392 31 days ago

The pro is dam good and probably one my favorite stern pros. Gonna enjoy it for a few months and if i still love dp as much as i do now i will probably upgrade to a premium or even a le. But man its hard to beat the fun factor of a dp pro with 300-400 in mods for around 5k imo. Very unique game and fun code

#3393 30 days ago
Quoted from Gov:

Couple of months. It is a boardgame store with a game room. We have 12 pins there. Hold league and such. Not a ton of foot traffic.

I had a T2, SST & JUDGE DREDD at a magic the gathering place before, had good synergy for a while.

#3394 30 days ago

I thought the LEs were all sold!! We were told only 500 made,is this not correct????

#3395 30 days ago
Quoted from mcuzz:

Fuck it, I’m goin’ LE

I did the same. All the extras make it really shweet.

#3396 30 days ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Same here!

#3397 30 days ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I would've been happy with the Pro but I made the mistake of playing my friends LE.

#3398 30 days ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

I thought the LEs were all sold!! We were told only 500 made,is this not correct????

I’m pretty certain you can find some nib still. I think the last LE to sell out was Maiden.

#3399 30 days ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

I had a T2, SST & JUDGE DREDD at a magic the gathering place before, had good synergy for a while.

Themes help but don’t seem to make a huge difference. LotR was the best earner there but still earned less than a grand a year.

#3400 30 days ago

Still couldn't decide between pro and LE so picked premium

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Machine - For Sale
Fruitland Park, FL
There are 3731 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 75.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside