(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,268 posts
  • 1,090 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by KnockerPTSD
  • Topic is favorited by 555 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg
dp27 (resized).jpg
dp16 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,268 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 326.
#3301 4 years ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

Thanks guys. What are must have protectors on this one before we set it up?
I plan on getting the sling protectors from cointaker.
Cosmetic mods will come later. Probably the ninja star caps. I already have a topper.

I'd stick some mylar on the shooter lane until you can get a proper cliffy on there. A couple cliffies for the rollovers below the ball return drop-ins, too.

Did you get the shaker motor? The shaker integration is worth the $100 from pinball life for a shaker.

#3302 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'd stick some mylar on the shooter lane until you can get a proper cliffy on there. A couple cliffies for the rollovers below the ball return drop-ins, too.
Did you get the shaker motor? The shaker integration is worth the $100 from pinball life for a shaker.

LE comes with the Shaker Motor.

#3303 4 years ago
Quoted from nitroman28:

You need to bend the right side out some. You can see where its flush on the GoT and has a gap on DP

That was the very first thing that was done. However, bending it back straight didn't fix the issue. I suspect because bending the bottom right out the 1/16" doesn't really move where the tab touches the ball. The rest of what I mentioned is what made the launch better. This was also why I suggested looking into getting a new kicker arm (either from parts retailer, or through distro since it is a new game).

#3304 4 years ago

Installed Pin Monk's colored inserts yesterday! It looks a lot better with them. I originally wasn't going to get the inserts for the boom button or multipliers since they didn't seem as significant, but after seeing these I'm thinking I'll pick those up.

20190607_221410 (resized).jpg20190607_221410 (resized).jpg
#3305 4 years ago
Quoted from nitroman28:

LE comes with the Shaker Motor.

Derp. Forgot for a moment that he got the LE, even though it's plainly visible in the pic.

#3306 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Installed Pin Monk's colored inserts yesterday! It looks a lot better with them. I originally wasn't going to get the inserts for the boom button or multipliers since they didn't seem as significant, but after seeing these I'm thinking I'll pick those up.[quoted image]

Looks great! On Deadpool, I would call the mode brackets and the multiplier brackets mandatory and the B-O-O-M brackets optional. The B-O-O-M brackets are nice, but since they're not front and center they don't make as much of a difference as the mode and multiplier brackets.

#3307 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Looks great! On Deadpool, I would call the mode brackets and the multiplier brackets mandatory and the B-O-O-M brackets optional. The B-O-O-M brackets are nice, but since they're not front and center they don't make as much of a difference as the mode and multiplier brackets.

Well you were super responsive when I messaged you with a question last night, so I'll probably buy the BOOM lenses anyway just to show my support!

#3308 4 years ago

Deadpool’s hand on head reaction was much more civilized than mine. Sooooooo close.

EA145454-BE00-468E-B6D4-D420D4563203 (resized).jpegEA145454-BE00-468E-B6D4-D420D4563203 (resized).jpeg
#3309 4 years ago
Quoted from mjs2:

Deadpool’s hand on head reaction was much more civilized than mine. Sooooooo close.

Ouch. I know just how you feel: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/62#post-5013904

#3310 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Well you were super responsive when I messaged you with a question last night, so I'll probably buy the BOOM lenses anyway just to show my support!

Much appreciated! I don't want to give the impression to others that the B-O-O-M lenses are unnecessary - they DO enhance the machine. Just that if someone can only buy two, the mode brackets and multiplier bracket should come first since they make the biggest difference integrating the glaring white factory inserts with the playfield.

#3311 4 years ago

10.00 and some masking tape and you can do 100+ inserts.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MTQ6DAK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00

0F8B6F5C-24F1-48E7-946C-F391DD25EE0A (resized).jpeg0F8B6F5C-24F1-48E7-946C-F391DD25EE0A (resized).jpeg8D69AD43-D153-4479-BD9F-33E7E19F17AF (resized).jpeg8D69AD43-D153-4479-BD9F-33E7E19F17AF (resized).jpegC419ACD0-1B27-4309-A550-1C15003074FE (resized).jpegC419ACD0-1B27-4309-A550-1C15003074FE (resized).jpeg
#3312 4 years ago

So not one person has had a problem with Lil Deadpool lockup error? I can turn the pin on and let it sit there and every so often the drop targets will drop and reset. Was just doing it during a game.

#3313 4 years ago
Quoted from nitroman28:

amazon.com link »[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Second this. I did my X-Men LE the same way. $10 on eBay.

IMG_20190306_233348.jpgIMG_20190306_233348.jpgIMG_20190307_004421.jpgIMG_20190307_004421.jpgIMG_20190307_004433-1.jpgIMG_20190307_004433-1.jpg
#3314 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Order from Cliffy or does someone have a kit with all needed?

#3315 4 years ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

Order from Cliffy or does someone have a kit with all needed?

It's on his "new" page:
https://www.passionforpinball.com/wip.htm

If you want the rollover protectors, those are generic so you can add them to the order.

#3316 4 years ago
Quoted from nitroman28:

If you aren't picky about the colors matching.

#3317 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you aren't picky about the colors matching.

My inserts match the lit color of the ones at the back of the playfield. T-Rex is not dark green when it’s lit. So that’s the color I matched. Mystique insert could use to be a little darker but I’m lazy. I can’t believe Stern didn’t use colored inserts. They definitely got lazy and cheap on the lighting.

Not knocking your product at all. It’s definitely the best way to go for the cleanest install. You could resale a pin with your mod on it. I would remove mine before selling.

7D4C84A3-09E2-422A-8FFF-2A560FBC813C (resized).jpeg7D4C84A3-09E2-422A-8FFF-2A560FBC813C (resized).jpeg
#3318 4 years ago
Quoted from nitroman28:

My inserts match the lit color of the ones at the back of the playfield. T-Rex is not dark green when it’s lit. So that’s the color I matched. Mystique insert could use to be a little darker but I’m lazy. I can’t believe Stern didn’t use colored inserts. They definitely got lazy and cheap on the lighting.
Not knocking your product at all. It’s definitely the best way to go for the cleanest install. You could resale a pin with your mod on it. I would remove mine before selling.[quoted image]

It's basically a convenience product. You can take the time to find the right gels and match the colors to make your own or have all the trial and error already done for you and just screw a bracket into place.

Are you going to pull the Mystique color up to the backboard insert? There are a lot of head-scratchers from Stern on the inserts with this. All the other backboard inserts have a screened color outlining it that is a variant of the lit insert color, except Mystique, which they outlined purple, but left white. It makes no sense!

#3319 4 years ago

Hey Guys,

What do you think of this design for our new Deadpool pinblades?

Screen Shot 2019-06-10 at 9.22.36 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-06-10 at 9.22.36 AM (resized).png
#3320 4 years ago
Quoted from pinupgirl1975:

Hey Guys,
What do you think of this design for our new Deadpool pinblades?[quoted image]

Too busy. The comic words and police tape are cheesy.

#3321 4 years ago

On auto ball launch the ball sometimes hits the gate about top mid way and the goes back over all the pops and back down the shooter lane. Repeats this. Anyone experience this and if so a fix? Doesn't happen all the time but enough for me to notice

#3322 4 years ago

Hey Guys,

Really dark for a pretty bright game with a comical character. Maybe try to integrate more of the humor of the game and less black? I mean, you have time travel, dinos, sharks, disco balls, unicorns, ninjas, etc to work with. This sample is kind of one-note given the available source for the game.

#3323 4 years ago

I agree with Vireland. I really like the ones Stern has on the LE. They capture the look and feel of the pin and the theme.

DP-LE-Details-01 (resized).jpgDP-LE-Details-01 (resized).jpg
#3324 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Really dark for a pretty bright game with a comical character. Maybe try to integrate more of the humor of the game and less black? I mean, you have time travel, dinos, sharks, disco balls, unicorns, ninjas, etc to work with. This sample is kind of one-note given the available source for the game.

Agree. Thanks for the feedback! Appreciate it!

#3325 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

On auto ball launch the ball sometimes hits the gate about top mid way and the goes back over all the pops and back down the shooter lane. Repeats this. Anyone experience this and if so a fix? Doesn't happen all the time but enough for me to notice

Definitely. It freaking blows. Pretty hard to nail a super skill shot because of it. And even though the ball usually does make it all the way around, it almost always rattles a bit at the top and gets slowed down a lot, so the ball just dribbles down the left side, again making it very difficult to nail the super skill shot. Super clunky.

I've played two other DP's that do not have this issue. Seems like it is hit and miss.

#3326 4 years ago

dupe

#3327 4 years ago

Hey Guys,

i like the dark tone to them,. I just installed mirrors but will keep these in mind. I would take these over the others. I'm not into some of the dumb humor the game offers. Some hit some def dont.

i intentionally didn;t install sterns side art b.c I dont need anymore of little dp thats for sure.

#3328 4 years ago

Anyone interested in a brand new Flipper Fidelity animated LED back box kit for Deadpool Pro? Still sealed up n original box. I love these kits and put them on all my pins but sold my Deadpool before I even had a chance to install. $100 shipped. here is original info if anyone is interested. https://flipperfidelity.com/stern-deadpool-pro-animated-led-panel.html

#3329 4 years ago

Hey Guys,

Just a thought, make each side different but cohesive

#3330 4 years ago

Hey Guys,

I'm really hoping for animated side blades that do a combination of interactive BOOM! and some disco action.

One can always dream.

#3331 4 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

I'm really hoping for animated side blades that do a combination of interactive BOOM! and some disco action.
One can always dream.

I still love this idea and have Joe working on an alt design! stayed tuned...

#3332 4 years ago

Almost.

32C93323-1CDB-4876-883F-E66BC5495CD0 (resized).jpeg32C93323-1CDB-4876-883F-E66BC5495CD0 (resized).jpeg
#3333 4 years ago

I think the left ramp, to center spinner, to Katana ramp is one of the best combos in pinball. Anyone agree?

#3334 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I think the left ramp, to center spinner, to Katana ramp is one of the best combos in pinball. Anyone agree?

Agreed! But How about left ramp > right loop > Katana for the chimichanga ninjapocalypse lock combo

#3335 4 years ago

I have a friend who has a pro with the original code, Is there a big change when you update to latest code in gameplay and light show ?

#3336 4 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

I have a friend who has a pro with the original code, Is there a big change when you update to latest code in gameplay and light show ?

Night and day. IMHO if you are playing original code on Deadpool, you're not playing Deadpool.

#3337 4 years ago

Did anyone ever get the super secret skill shot? Holy crap it's awesome. Lucked into it, I admit, but now I know at least.

#3338 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

This sure is a cool combo, no doubt.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Agreed! But How about left ramp > right loop > Katana for the chimichanga ninjapocalypse lock combo

I almost feel like a pinball superhero when I pull this one off. It's cool watching DP slice and dice his way on the display through all those ninjas!

#3339 4 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Did anyone ever get the super secret skill shot? Holy crap it's awesome. Lucked into it, I admit, but now I know at least.

The super secret is tough. Only hit it once by trying to just quickly one-timer it into the Wolverine shot. 15M point miss!! The MXV (don't know what that stands for) is my favorite. It's just a Ninjapocolypse combo but scores 12.5M. It's hard but doable. Even the SSS is great. Players love it when that ball whips around the playfield.

I think this game has one of the most imaginative playfields (with great shot combo/point ideas) available.

#3340 4 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

What is it exactly? Secret Skill Shot (hold left flipper, full plunge around and up katana ramp), then combo into something else when the ball drops out of the katana into the right inlane?

#3341 4 years ago
Quoted from Grandnational007:

What is it exactly? Secret Skill Shot (hold left flipper, full plunge around and up katana ramp), then combo into something else when the ball drops out of the katana into the right inlane?

Super skill shot is plunge / katana ramp...5M+
MXV super skill shot is plunge / Domino right loop / katana ramp...12.5M+
Super Secret skill shot is plunge / Snikt...15M+

edit....you have to hold the left flipper for any of them.

#3342 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

The MXV (don't know what that stands for) is my favorite.

MXV stands for Mike Vinikour, the associate developper and tester at Stern.

#3343 4 years ago

Ninjapocalypse is my favorite combo just for the animation and sound.

#3344 4 years ago
Quoted from StoneyFL:

I installed the side armor today. To be honest I was expecting a bit more than a powder coated metal frame and a cardboard sword for $250. I'm not going to return them, but I probably won't be getting the topper based on this experience.
I still LOVE the game, I'm just disappointed with the quality of the side armor. If it I'd spent $80 or $100 I'd be happy, but this is not worth $250 IMO. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Added 106 days ago: Edit: I'm not sure how I overlooked this, but the armor frame is plastic, not metal. So we have plastic frames with some cardboard. For $250. I don't feel this is worth anywhere even approaching $250.00.

Imagine my surprise after paying $380AUD for them

Put bluntly ....they look really good but they are a full on faaaaarkin dead set rip off.

THE reason I look everywhere except Stern for add ones, accessories, mods.

#3345 4 years ago

May be joining the club soon.

#3346 4 years ago

I will be joining the club soon with an LE. It will join the following games and trying to figure out the best placement.

8F833E08-DF22-484F-9748-A38EF79E368B (resized).jpeg8F833E08-DF22-484F-9748-A38EF79E368B (resized).jpeg
#3347 4 years ago

It took over $11k of play for one of the drop target spring hook ends to snap!

#3348 4 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

I will be joining the club soon with an LE. It will join the following games and trying to figure out the best placement.[quoted image]

Boot Star Wars from town haha!

#3349 4 years ago

Auto-plunge still working perfectly, but something new crept up. I checked the thread and haven't seen anything for it yet. My top-right gate is acting up. It no longer stops the ball and puts it in the pops when it should. During Sabretooth Battle when hitting the left loop (Dazzler), the ball would hit the lowered top-right gate and fall in the pops for battle damage. Now it just makes the Prem loop back to the right flipper. The gate doesn't lower.

It also crops up on the plunge or right loop (Domino) shot. If I hard plunge without holding the left flipper, the ball will sometimes hit the top-left gate and bounce hard enough to go back down the shooter lane. The top-right gate doesn't come down again. The same thing can happen with a clean right loop shot. The ball whips around the loop, hits the top-left gate and rebounds to the right. Gate isn't down, so the ball will sometimes fall back into the shooter lane.

During Berzerker Rage, the gate does seem to lower, but I need to do more play-testing to be sure.

Any ideas?

#3350 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

Auto-plunge still working perfectly, but something new crept up. I checked the thread and haven't seen anything for it yet. My top-right gate is acting up. It no longer stops the ball and puts it in the pops when it should. During Sabretooth Battle when hitting the left loop (Dazzler), the ball would hit the lowered top-right gate and fall in the pops for battle damage. Now it just makes the Prem loop back to the right flipper. The gate doesn't lower.
It also crops up on the plunge or right loop (Domino) shot. If I hard plunge without holding the left flipper, the ball will sometimes hit the top-left gate and bounce hard enough to go back down the shooter lane. The top-right gate doesn't come down again. The same thing can happen with a clean right loop shot. The ball whips around the loop, hits the top-left gate and rebounds to the right. Gate isn't down, so the ball will sometimes fall back into the shooter lane.
During Berzerker Rage, the gate does seem to lower, but I need to do more play-testing to be sure.
Any ideas?

Check your orbit switches first in switch test mode.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

$ 25.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

6,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

There are 16,268 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/67?hl=pintuck and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.