(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,196 posts
  • 1,083 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 hours ago by drwicket
  • Topic is favorited by 556 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7899 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1688 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1689 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240327_001906_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240327_001709_Chrome (resized).jpg
IMG_8452 (resized).jpg
IMG_8453 (resized).jpg
IMG_8454 (resized).jpg
IMG_8455 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240323_200809 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240326_153304_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
20240326_103932 (resized).jpg
20240326_103906 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,196 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 324.
#3251 4 years ago

Love that hot toys lil’ Deadpool. Now that’s a cool mod!

#3252 4 years ago

A ball popped up and cracked this plastic piece. Does anyone know where I can pick up a replacement?

20190605_100151 (resized).jpg20190605_100151 (resized).jpg
#3253 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Actually, it would be very cool if there was another layer of printed plastic underneath and the top layer goes dark and the BOOM that was formerly hidden lights up from underneath on both sides.

We don't currently have a design for Deadpool yet. Are you saying to have two layers that are just blank? Like black and white?

#3254 4 years ago
Quoted from StoneyFL:

A ball popped up and cracked this plastic piece. Does anyone know where I can pick up a replacement?[quoted image]

Call or contact Chas at Stern and send a photo. See if they will mail you one.

#3255 4 years ago
Quoted from pinupgirl1975:

We don't currently have a design for Deadpool yet. Are you saying to have two layers that are just blank? Like black and white?

No, have a layer on top that is something like the stern ones (not too busy), and underneath have B-O-O-M printed in large comic font, then kill the lighting on the top layer when BOOM goes off and max out lighting on the B-O-O-M underneath layer so it shines through on both sides.

#3256 4 years ago

DP has been getting a lot of play since it's arrival, and the auto-plunge is acting up. When a game starts, if you have the game auto-plunge the first ball, the ball will make the edge of the top lanes and fall down thru the left orbit...it's not moving very fast though. With how often balls fall into the shooter lane, the auto-plunge gets progressively weaker with every firing until a ball can't get out of the lane. In any multiball, except LDP because it's only one more ball, the shooter lane fills with balls that just go up the rail and right back down.

I checked for loose screws and everything is tight. The mechanism looks fine (although I doubt I'd know if it didn't). There is some side-to-side play in the metal "plunger", but not a lot. How much is too much? Any ideas what's going on and how to correct it?

#3257 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

DP has been getting a lot of play since it's arrival, and the auto-plunge is acting up. When a game starts, if you have the game auto-plunge the first ball, the ball will make the edge of the top lanes and fall down thru the left orbit...it's not moving very fast though. With how often balls fall into the shooter lane, the auto-plunge gets progressively weaker with every firing until a ball can't get out of the lane. In any multiball, except LDP because it's only one more ball, the shooter lane fills with balls that just go up the rail and right back down.
I checked for loose screws and everything is tight. The mechanism looks fine (although I doubt I'd know if it didn't). There is some side-to-side play in the metal "plunger", but not a lot. How much is too much? Any ideas what's going on and how to correct it?

Move the auto-plunge manually and see if there's resistance in moving in and out of the coil. Then ohm out the coil with a multimeter and see if the resistance is off. Your coil might be bad.

#3258 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Move the auto-plunge manually and see if there's resistance in moving in and out of the coil. Then ohm out the coil with a multimeter and see if the resistance is off. Your coil might be bad.

The auto mech moves freely with little to no resistance. From your question, I assume that's not good. I don't have an electrical meter. I can get one. What connections am I checking? What resistance am I looking for? Thanks for helping a novice repairman!

#3259 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

The auto mech moves freely with little to no resistance. From your question, I assume that's not good. I don't have an electrical meter. I can get one. What connections am I checking? What resistance am I looking for? Thanks for helping a novice repairman!

No resistance moving in and out is GOOD. Is there a spring on the shaft to force it back out (gotta check the obvious)?

You definitely want a multimeter around if you're going to have pinball. Fluke's are great, but an auto-ranging cheapie will get you by.

$20 Innova
https://www.amazon.com/Innova-3320-Auto-Ranging-Digital-Multimeter/dp/B000EVYGZA

$50 Klein
https://www.amazon.com/Multimeter-Auto-Ranging-Klein-Tools-MM400/dp/B018EXZO8M

$150 Fluke
https://www.amazon.com/Fluke-115-Compact-True-RMS-Multimeter/dp/B000OCFFMW

The Fluke 115 can sometimes be had for $100ish on sale.

#3260 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Fluke's are great, but an auto-ranging cheapie will get you by.

I found one on FB Marketplace for $50. Might make sense to grab a free HF and then camp on CL and FB until a cheap one pops.

#3261 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No, have a layer on top that is something like the stern ones (not too busy), and underneath have B-O-O-M printed in large comic font, then kill the lighting on the top layer when BOOM goes off and max out lighting on the B-O-O-M underneath layer so it shines through on both sides.

PinMonk GOT it now! I felt confused at first ! I'm not sure we can do layers like that but, I like where you are going with this!! It has me thinking big time! #wheelsareturning! If we use your idea, I'll see if we can send you a set on me

~ G

#3262 4 years ago
Quoted from pinupgirl1975:

vireland GOT it now! I felt confused at first ! I'm not sure we can do layers like that but, I like where you are going with this!! It has me thinking big time! #wheelsareturning! If we use your idea, I'll see if we can send you a set on me
~ G

If you pull off the technical considerations to make it happen, it could be VERY cool. (And I won't turn down a set, so don't worry about that!)

#3263 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No resistance moving in and out is GOOD. Is there a spring on the shaft to force it back out (gotta check the obvious)?

I can't remember. I'll check when I get home.

#3264 4 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Call or contact Chas at Stern and send a photo. See if they will mail you one.

Thanks. I emailed Chas, and he's going to get a replacement out to me!

#3265 4 years ago

What angle are you guys running at? I'm not a very good player and had it set at 6.5 degrees and it was seeming to be very easy. Ive only put in 7 games and I've already hit 300 mill, 350 mill, 500 mill (I know not crazy but I'm not good lol and that's just 7 games) and got past Sauron. And is there any settings you guys changed from default?

#3266 4 years ago
Quoted from ItsBwalt:

What angle are you guys running at? I'm not a very good player and had it set at 6.5 degrees and it was seeming to be very easy. Ive only put in 7 games and I've already hit 300 mill, 350 mill, 500 mill (I know not crazy but I'm not good lol and that's just 7 games) and got past Sauron. And is there any settings you guys changed from default?

Most people seem to be between 6.8 and 7.2. I am currently at 6.9. Doesn't seem much more difficult but the shot feel better.

#3267 4 years ago
Quoted from ItsBwalt:

Outlanes opened up all the way? Pro or Premium?

Take it to at least 6.8. 6.5 has to be a pretty slow-moving (easy) game.

#3268 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Outlanes opened up all the way? Pro or Premium?
Take it to at least 6.8. 6.5 has to be a pretty slow-moving (easy) game.

Yeah it's a premium, outlanes are stock, which looks to be wide open. I jacked it up to 7.0, Ill see if that helps.

#3269 4 years ago

Hello Deadpool club! Arrived today - already added spotlights Shaker mirrors and sub.

When I first turned it on I didn't know it had older code and something felt a little off. Realized it wasn't 1.02! Music wasn't as good and other things I missed from my recent playtime with it. Put on 1.2 and Bam back in action. Great game

20190605_223433 (resized).jpg20190605_223433 (resized).jpg20190605_223439 (resized).jpg20190605_223439 (resized).jpg20190605_223445 (resized).jpg20190605_223445 (resized).jpg
#3270 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You definitely want a multimeter around if you're going to have pinball. Fluke's are great, but an auto-ranging cheapie will get you by.
$20 Innova
amazon.com link »
$50 Klein
amazon.com link »
$150 Fluke
amazon.com link »

I’m having the same issue but not quite as bad. It’s set to full power and it’s getting weaker as the game goes on. I have a meter what’s this coil supposed to measure? Says 3.9 ohms on the coil so i assume it needs to be in that range

#3271 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

I’m having the same issue but not quite as bad. It’s set to full power and it’s getting weaker as the game goes on. I have a meter what’s this coil supposed to measure? Says 3.9 ohms on the coil so i assume it needs to be in that range

I don't have one to measure here, but the standard for 23-800 is 4.2 ohm, so that's pretty close.

Now that you're mentioning it, I have had a few games recently where the autolaunch ended up with a bunch of balls in the shooter lane during multiball because it was having trouble clearing them. I wonder if this isn't software related?

#3272 4 years ago

Ya my issue is the power just isn’t there so I turned it up and it was fine for a few days now it’s weak again and getting worse. I don’t know if I’m doing this right but I’m seeing 7 ohms then it drops into the 6’s.

#3273 4 years ago

I’m vacationing in Ruidoso, NM, and while patronizing a newly opened Adventure Mountain I discovered they have a Deadpool (only pin they have). So, if you are in the area and looking to play, it is $1 a game.

#3274 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Ya my issue is the power just isn’t there so I turned it up and it was fine for a few days now it’s weak again and getting worse. I don’t know if I’m doing this right but I’m seeing 7 ohms then it drops into the 6’s.

7 Ohms is way too much resistance for a 23-800. The chart says 4.2 Ohm. Someone else measured and got 3.9Ohm in circuit (so close enough). But 7 ohm? No...

#3275 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

7 Ohms is way too much resistance for a 23-800. The chart says 4.2 Ohm. Someone else measured and got 3.9Ohm in circuit (so close enough). But 7 ohm? No...

I measured some other coils to compare and like a 10.5 measures 13. They are all a few ohms higher. So I put it back together fire it up and now it’s working again. Something is up maybe the coil is bad or the mechanism isn’t right. It moves freely but has a lot of side to side play in it.

#3276 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

The mechanism looks fine (although I doubt I'd know if it didn't).

Probably bad form to quote myself, but the mechanism was the issue. @apex came over tonight to look at it and noticed right away the problem wasn't power. The auto-plunge arm wasn't shooting the ball straight up the lane. The ball was being shot at an angle, so it was bouncing off the left side of the lane about 4 inches up. This caused the ball to bounce side-to-side as it went up...losing momentum.

He disassembled the plunge arm, and the angles of it didn't look "right". He did some adjusting and some bending, then did some testing. After doing this a few times, he got it to shoot fairly straight. It still hits the sides somewhat, but not enough to kill the momentum. He also upped the power on the auto-plunge from factory 200 to 210. We tried other settings, but at higher power, the problem actually got worse. The ball just rattled in the lane more. After all that tweaking, we had no problems when playing. And I have to admit that he kicked my ass! I played a few more games after he left, and the ball made the curve every time.

Anyone having this problem may want to look at the assembly. I'm probably going to buy a new arm and compare it's shape to the one that is in the game. Does anyone know where to get one?

#3277 4 years ago

I’m thinking you are on the something, when the issue first came up I messed with the mechanism moving it around checking it. Problem went away but slowly came back. Tonight before measuring the coil I kinda did the same thing from inside the coin door. Didn’t do anything so I went ahead and opened it up to measure. Messed around with the mech moving it side to side checking the screws and the spring. Nothing to crazy buttoned it up and bam I’m back in business. Go to be that mechanism. Let me know what you find out for replacement parts I may look into replacing.

#3278 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

Anyone having this problem may want to look at the assembly. I'm probably going to buy a new arm and compare it's shape to the one that is in the game. Does anyone know where to get one?

Kicker Arm, Auto Plunger 535-0728-00

$29 bucks at Marco:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/535-0728-00

Maybe just tweak the one you have?

But if you're dead-set, I'd email pinball life and see what they'd charge. They can special order it.

#3279 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Kicker Arm, Auto Plunger 535-0728-00
$29 bucks at Marco:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/535-0728-00
Maybe just tweak the one you have?
But if you're dead-set, I'd email pinball life and see what they'd charge. They can special order it.

Ya but from looking at it I have no idea which way to tweak this thing. Maybe the other guy can maybe chime In on which direction I need to go. This thing as it sits has far to much side to side play. Maybe that’s normal.

#3280 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Ya but from looking at it I have no idea which way to tweak this thing. Maybe the other guy can maybe chime In on which direction I need to go. This thing as it sits has far to much side to side play. Maybe that’s normal.

I'll look at the one out on the route tomorrow and see what it is like for play. Maybe just needs a washer inside to keep it from slopping around.

#3281 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'll look at the one out on the route tomorrow and see what it is like for play. Maybe just needs a washer inside to keep it from slopping around.

Ya I’m playing with it now if I center it to the right it works fine a couple times then it goes out of wack.

#3282 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Ya I’m playing with it now if I center it to the right it works fine a couple times then it goes out of wack.

can you get a washer in there to keep it in position?

#3283 4 years ago

On the right side I can where the bolt is but won’t that push it to far to the left. I need it centered to the right to make it work right. I’ll snap some photos since I’m terrible at this sort of thing. I usually just fumble through it.

#3284 4 years ago

For those of you who were wondering what was done to @sethi_i 's game here are the highlights:

The reason the auto launch appeared "weak" was from the kicker pushing the ball into the lane guide on launch. @sethi_i mentioned how the ball was hitting the shooter lane guide (wire guide on the left side of the shooter lane) about 4" above the kicker.

Fundamentally I think the issue was the kicker is/was not centered on the ball. I checked this by placing the ball in the shooter lane groove and seeing if the ball rests evenly on the two prongs of the kicker arm. In this case the ball was resting on the right side prong but not the left. I think this explains why the ball is kicked into the shooter lane guide. So verify this alignment first.

On @sethi_i 's game the shaft that the kicker arm rotates on was mounted at an angle. Not sure if this was some sort of factory adjustment, or just came loose, but I straightened that first. Then we tested a few launches. This alone did not seem to change a whole lot as we never got even contact between the two kicker arm prongs and was still banging the ball off the shooter lane guide.

Since the alignment was still off, the next thing I did was to loosen the top plate (four nuts holding the auto launcher assembly to the underside of the playfield). This gave me a little play to slightly move the assembly with respect to the shooter lane groove. Since the ball was touching the right side only, I was pressing the assembly to the right in order to shift the kicker arm to the right so that the ball would be centered between the two kicker arm prongs. After testing a few more launches it seemed to have gotten better but still not perfect.

Next, I tried to bend the kicker arm prongs so that the ball would rest evenly between them. I wasn't able to make big bends to the kicker arm prongs with the tools I had on hand, but the subsequent test launches kept yielding pretty good launches.

The final test was that we started katana multiball and placed all three balls in the shooter lane to see if the auto launcher would clear the balls. On initial kick it would clear two of the three and the third was ejected the next kick.

One final note was that we adjusted the auto launcher coil power to see how much it would help. The results were that simply increasing the power did not necessarily make the launch cleaner. When we tried the full 250 coil power it actually made the launch worse, probably due to the higher power just kicking the ball harder to the left. Lowering the power to ~215 appeared to be the sweet spot for this particular game. Default power is 200 from the factory.

Hope some of this helps.

#3285 4 years ago

Update from me. Adjusted my game to 7-7.1 degrees from 6.4-6.5 and......its wayyyyyyyy harder lol. So much fun.

I have a scoring question though, in Disco Multiball, is there a super jackpot? On the tiltforums rules they say they arent sure where it is. Anyone know?

This game kicks ass!!!

#3286 4 years ago

So I got my Side Armor the other day and finally got a round to installing it. These are so flimsy that there's a 3/8" (or more) gap between the bottom part of the armor and the game. Looks horrible, actually. Sorry for the bad pic, but anyone else have this problem, or have any thoughts about a solution? I just had my kids hold it down where it would have mounted until I solve this gap problem. I tried to bend them a bit, but before ruining them, thought I'd check here first. I may see if I can just return these as it actually makes the game look worse.

dp armor fail (resized).JPGdp armor fail (resized).JPG
#3287 4 years ago

Thanks apex for that write up will mess around with it some more. Here is a quick video I shot showing my issue. Thx

#3288 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Thanks apex for that write up will mess around with it some more. Here is a quick video I shot showing my issue. Thx

Yours looks like it's broken. That post going through about 3/4 of the way, but not connecting on the left should go all the way through and have a retaining clip on the left side.

deadpool-launcher.jpgdeadpool-launcher.jpg
#3289 4 years ago
Quoted from x-rug-x:

So I got my Side Armor the other day and finally got a round to installing it. These are so flimsy that there's a 3/8" (or more) gap between the bottom part of the armor and the game. Looks horrible, actually.

Agreed. The left side of my Side Armor has the same gap, if not a little worse. The right side (which in my setup is more visible) is not as bad. Don't get me started on the paper "sword". For $250, it's a total money-grab ripoff. I avoided the topper based on the quality of the Side Armor.

Anyway, I decided to not return the armor because I didn't feel like bothering with it, but I probably won't be purchasing any more Stern modifications.

#3290 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yours looks like it's broken. That post going through about 3/4 of the way, but not connecting on the left should go all the way through and have a retaining clip on the left side.[quoted image]

It has the clip and goes all the way. I just lost the clip it flew off so now I’m screwed haha off to harbor freight

#3291 4 years ago

so I've read a lot about how this game needs to be dialed in for super smoothshots. As of now, I can get smooth on left and right ramps and orbits however when the ball is absolutely flying, some of those shots (specifically on plung) like the right kitana and right orbit will hit something and not go butter smooth. They def work (I just hit right kitana and right orbit on a plunge before typing this) but there are times when I think it should go and it doesn't bc it appears to hit something wrong. Right kitana one out of 15 ball will hit something right before it's going to go up the right ramp and come back down....

Is that normal or should I continue tweaking?

#3292 4 years ago

Anyone ever have this problem. When it starts popping up the game doesn't detect ball drains or katana locks. It just starts searching for the ball.

IMG_3558 (resized).JPGIMG_3558 (resized).JPG
#3293 4 years ago

So I just paid 6$ for 300 eclips I’ll never use just cause I’m dumb and let that one fly. Haha I put a washer on the end and put the new clip on. The slop is now gone but it was still off a bit so I tweaked the rod like apex said and it is way better now.

#3294 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Here are pics of the arms on my GotG and my DP. You can see on the GotG arm (purple in pic) that the arm is square shaped. The arm on the DP is a little mishapen and not fully square. That's why we discussed getting a new arm. So far though, @apex's fix is still has it working like a champ.

GotG Arm (resized).jpgGotG Arm (resized).jpgDP Arm (resized).jpgDP Arm (resized).jpg
#3295 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

Here are pics of the arms on my GotG and my DP. You can see on the GotG arm (purple in pic) that the arm is square shaped. The arm on the DP is a little mishapen and not fully square. That's why we discussed getting a new arm. So far though, apex's fix is still has it working like a champ.[quoted image][quoted image]

You need to bend the right side out some. You can see where its flush on the GoT and has a gap on DP

#3296 4 years ago

Baby delivered Monday
Deadpool delivered Friday
Decent week

image000000_13.jpgimage000000_13.jpg
#3297 4 years ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

Baby delivered Monday
Decent week[quoted image]

Expensive week!

(Congrats!)

#3298 4 years ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

Baby delivered Monday

And you look TAF.....Tired As Fuck! Lol. I have little kids too. Congrats on both!

#3299 4 years ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

Baby delivered Monday

Haha this is great. The Misfits t-shirt just puts it over the top. LE is where it’s at too, good choice and congrats on both.

#3300 4 years ago

Thanks guys. What are must have protectors on this one before we set it up?
I plan on getting the sling protectors from cointaker.

Cosmetic mods will come later. Probably the ninja star caps. I already have a topper.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
11,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley
Decorations
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball
Decals
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
6,800 (Firm)
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling
Decorations
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 16,196 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 324.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/66?hl=6point5degrees and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.