(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,261 posts
  • 1,089 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by Minibull
  • Topic is favorited by 555 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg
dp27 (resized).jpg
dp16 (resized).jpg
IMG_2260 (resized).jpg
IMG_2259 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,261 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 326.
#3151 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Then use that extra cash, sell TWD prem, and buy DP Prem. And again, ill get blasted - but TWD PRO is more fun than it’s premium Flow wise and shot wise - IMO.

Is this really a controversial opinion? I thought it was fact. I thought TWD Premium was the way to go. Then I played it.

#3152 4 years ago

I like the idea of the unique playfield layout and shots but not so much of the theme. Never have been a comic book junkie so the only Deadpool exposure I have is from the 2 movies. Lil Deadpool? Never heard of that dude. Is there enough variety to keep this machine fresh not knowing the characters? Last thing I’d like to know about is the reliability of Spike 2 systems. I know a operator that had to pay to replace a node board and was thinking that was pretty shitty for a newer game and shouldn’t be happening. Luck of the draw I guess.

#3153 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I like the idea of the unique playfield layout and shots but not so much of the theme. Never have been a comic book junkie so the only Deadpool exposure I have is from the 2 movies. Lil Deadpool? Never heard of that dude. Is there enough variety to keep this machine fresh not knowing the characters?

Same boat here. The answer is yes.

#3154 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Same boat here. The answer is yes.

Agreed! Sounds are fantastic. Really bring the theme alive. I’m no comic book guy. Love this pin though!

#3155 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Is this really a controversial opinion? I thought it was fact. I thought TWD Premium was the way to go. Then I played it.

Majority of the people will swear by the premium for TWD; i owned one for 6 mos. Then, i played a pro - wow! What a difference.

#3156 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Majority of the people will swear by the premium for TWD; i owned one for 6 mos. Then, i played a pro - wow! What a difference.

The fricken laser beam is not any more awesome than it was in Austin Powers (it wasn't awesome there, either) and slows it down, and the addition of the magnet by the well walker is useless. For TWD, Pro all the way. Non-controversial opinion if you've played both fairly extensively.

#3157 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

TWD premium it's the only way to go. Forget the pro

#3158 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

shooting the hyper loop is great when destroying the Death Star - but that’s about it.

But that shot is one of my favorite in pinball - so premium is definitely worth it (at least to me).

#3159 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

TWD premium it's the only way to go. Forget the pro

Yea, I vote premium too

#3160 4 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Yea, I vote premium too

Same here.

#3161 4 years ago

Well, if everything goes according to plan, I will finally have my DPLE arriving later today.

#3162 4 years ago

Still loving my DPLE. By far my best NIB experience. The game started out solid but has been coded into one of the most fun games available. Unique layout, great art, great sounds, great code, it's just a winner for me. Stern really got this one right and the constant code support is unlike anything I have experienced from any other NIB games.

As for the pro vs premium debate. The added features do not make it worth it at all from a cost perspective. But the premium plays a good bit better and many people will find the extra value in gameplay, not in the features added.

#3163 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Well, if everything goes according to plan, I will finally have my DPLE arriving later today.

deadpool.gifdeadpool.gif
#3164 4 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Yea, I vote premium too

Anybody want to buy one?

#3165 4 years ago

Where are the gold looking metal shavings coming from under the playfield? I assume it’s the flippers and is this normal? I keep cleaning it up every couple weeks or so. Hit 900 games played on this machine and it’s running great. Checked everything cleaned up that mess and waxed/cleaned the playfield.

#3166 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Where are the gold looking metal shavings coming from under the playfield? I assume it’s the flippers and is this normal? I keep cleaning it up every couple weeks or so. Hit 900 games played on this machine and it’s running great. Checked everything cleaned up that mess and waxed/cleaned the playfield.

Likely coil stops. Stern has famously crappy ones from some suppliers. I haven't noticed the dust on the deadpool here, but the dust is usually crappy coil stops.

#3167 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Likely coil stops. Stern has famously crappy ones from some suppliers. I haven't noticed the dust on the deadpool here, but the dust is usually crappy coil stops.

I’ll take a pic of it next week it’s more like metal gold looking shavings then dust. I may have some still in the cab I missed. It’s all over the coin box and left side of the cab in the corner.

#3168 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

I’ll take a pic of it next week it’s more like metal gold looking shavings then dust. I may have some still in the cab I missed. It’s all over the coin box and left side of the cab in the corner.

Still very likely to be the coil stops. Brass is soft.

#3169 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Still very likely to be the coil stops. Brass is soft.

Ok that makes sense if it’s brass since it’s gold in color. Any place I can order some for the future as I don’t see these lasting long at the rate I’m going. Are the ones from macro the way to go? And should I just replace them now?

#3170 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Ok that makes sense if it’s brass since it’s gold in color. Any place I can order some for the future as I don’t see these lasting long at the rate I’m going. Thx

Maybe someone else can chime in on that front. I have a bunch of backstock I use to replace these when they go, so I haven't bought any recently to recommend a vendor.

#3171 4 years ago

Here's my take on the instruction cards.
For best fit with the theme, I used ZombieYettis art.

Just download the image here and print it on a A4 at 100% no rescaling.

deadpool_cards.jpgdeadpool_cards.jpg

#3172 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Ok that makes sense if it’s brass since it’s gold in color. Any place I can order some for the future as I don’t see these lasting long at the rate I’m going. Are the ones from macro the way to go? And should I just replace them now?

https://www.pinballlife.com/flipper-coil-stop-for-sternsega.html

Yes, I would replace them now. You could wait, but you'll start having problems with sticking flippers.

#3173 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Quoted from LOTR_breath:

https://www.pinballlife.com/flipper-coil-stop-for-sternsega.html
Yes, I would replace them now. You could wait, but you'll start having problems with sticking flippers.

+1 on the pinball life coil stops. I had the same gold shavings in my Deadpool cabinet, and had no idea what was going on. Flippers starting sticking, and sure enough it was that brass"plug" in the coil stops coming loose. Replaced them with these and haven't had any issues (or shavings) since!

#3174 4 years ago
Quoted from webdiddy:

[quoted image]

Those looks great anyway to get a file so I can print these?

#3175 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Those looks great anyway to get a file so I can print these?

Thanks.

#3176 4 years ago

Just installed a PinballLife shaker on my Pro. Nice!

Also installed spotlights at the top of the slings on 1" hex spacers to make things... less dark. Really helps.
DP-with-spotlights (resized).jpgDP-with-spotlights (resized).jpg

#3177 4 years ago
Quoted from webdiddy:

Thanks.

Thanks man these came out great

41A05132-0CDF-49E8-9183-EAABFA5A1CCE (resized).jpeg41A05132-0CDF-49E8-9183-EAABFA5A1CCE (resized).jpeg98B4188B-26BC-41F1-957F-E1B6ADA44D18 (resized).jpeg98B4188B-26BC-41F1-957F-E1B6ADA44D18 (resized).jpeg
#3178 4 years ago
Quoted from webdiddy:

[quoted image]

Awesome!! I think you just pulled together the new gold standard for apron cards to replace those stock yellow beasts.

#3179 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Thanks man these came out great[quoted image][quoted image]

I'm glad you like them!

Quoted from Pinzap:

Awesome!! I think you just pulled together the new gold standard for apron cards to replace those stock yellow beasts.

Haha, thanks, they wouldn't be anything special without ZombieYetis art though, so the credit really goes to him

#3180 4 years ago
Quoted from scottslash:

Also installed spotlights at the top of the slings on 1" hex spacers to make things... less dark. Really helps.
[quoted image]

Can u link the parts? Thanks.

#3181 4 years ago

Joining the club Weds. Played this game when it first launched and thought cool unique layout but the code didn't sit well. Fast forward played it recently and loved it. Looks like they brought it all together and even though I wanted to stick with the pro, after playing both recently, I needed that left orbit right flipper butter.

That being said what are the must haves for new owners?

Def getting Shaker and side blades just don't know what kind

#3182 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Joining the club Weds. Played this game when it first launched and thought cool unique layout but the code didn't sit well. Fast forward played it recently and loved it. Looks like they brought it all together and even though I wanted to stick with the pro, after playing both recently, I needed that left orbit right flipper butter.

I prefer the art on the Tilt Graphics art blades.

#3183 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I went LE b/c the upgrades proved worth it, but since they play the same, it's just a fantastic pin. It's different than the norm, but not significantly. The Disco Loop, drops, and disco ball are worth it for sure. Just pure fun, where you don't have to fight the machine all the time.

#3184 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

The middle is a bit dark, so would absolutely benefit with a set of your pin stadiums. Maybe mirror blades? The other art blades are way less cool than the LE ones so hard pass for me. Only other thing I slapped on was a red translucent shooter rod and some invisiglass. Game is super vibrant and art is very loud in a good way, don't really see the need for much else. Enjoy! This game truly screams fun every time I play it and is one of my favorite modern Sterns.

#3185 4 years ago

Shaker and upgraded speakers for sure. Anything else is just icing on the cake. I plan to get mirror blades to enhance the awesome light show. And I continue to procrastinate on ordering PinMonk pinmonk lens trees for the multipliers and for my IMDN too lol.

#3186 4 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

The middle is a bit dark, so would absolutely benefit with a set of your pin stadiums. Maybe mirror blades? The other art blades are way less cool than the LE ones so hard pass for me. Only other thing I slapped on was a red translucent shooter rod and some invisiglass. Game is super vibrant and art is very loud in a good way, don't really see the need for much else. Enjoy! This game truly screams fun every time I play it and is one of my favorite modern Sterns.

I was thinking stadiums but the striping on this game is atrocious. Maybe spots? I actually don't like the le side art blades bc the pf art is so in your face (which I love) it becomes too much with the additional art on the sides.... Similar to Octoberfest. I was thinking mirrors as well

#3187 4 years ago

I got lermods trough lighting kit and it lights up lower half of Playfield well.

#3188 4 years ago
Quoted from scottslash:

[quoted image]

I added double spotlights on both my slings and it helps tremendously. Why keep some of the best pinball art ever in the dark?

#3189 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I was thinking stadiums but the striping on this game is atrocious. Maybe spots?

I don’t have anything on mine and honestly doesn’t bother me that much, the light show is killer and the ambience really makes it pop. I have disco modes set to basically turn off most GI and it’s still playable.

Deadflip premiered the diffuser last night and it looked really good. I’m not installing another set of those things until Scott releases them to the public, so over that stripe!

#3190 4 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Why keep some of the best pinball art ever in the dark?

I SO agree. A couple simple spotlights fit the bill just fine. I love PinStadiums and they're great! But until they have the diffusers, on DP, the reflections on the sword are pretty bad. Yes, solutions are available to that somewhat, but nothing I want drop the bucks on.

Love this game!

#3191 4 years ago

What's the point of getting extra snkt time in Megaladon Quest if you don't have it active? Does it stay added until you DO get it?

#3192 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Shaker and upgraded speakers for sure. Anything else is just icing on the cake. I plan to get mirror blades to enhance the awesome light show. And I continue to procrastinate on ordering vireland pinmonk lens trees for the multipliers and for my IMDN too lol.

Be warned, once you make the jump on either Deadpool OR Iron Maiden to the colored inserts, the stock white inserts you see on every other one of those you see after that will look WRONG.

#3193 4 years ago

Thinking about those speaker lights. They look very good. 65 seems expensive for led strip though....hnmm

#3194 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Thinking about those speaker lights. They look very good. 65 seems expensive for led strip though....hnmm

Yeah I'm not a fan of the price of those speaker lights either. I'm going to model and 3d print a bracket this weekend-ish, I'll let you know how it goes.

#3195 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Yeah I'm not a fan of the price of those speaker lights either. I'm going to model and 3d print a bracket this weekend-ish, I'll let you know how it goes.

I like the ones that just go around the speaker itself and not the whole grill. From reading earlier in the thread some vendors where crapping on that look. I personally don’t want my whole grill lit up. It’s all personal preference and I’m glad we have options.

#3196 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I got the mirror blades from coin taker which always look much better than art blades it lights up better and makes it look like a wider Playfield. I did change the right red outlane lights and the red drop target lights and switch them to white
(I have a premium) looks much better there’s way to much red light in Deadpool in my opinion.

#3197 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

I like the ones that just go around the speaker itself and not the whole grill. From reading earlier in the thread some vendors where crapping on that look. I personally don’t want my whole grill lit up. It’s all personal preference and I’m glad we have options.

Where do you get the round lights??

#3198 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Where do you get the round lights??

My SPIKE 1 Speaker Light Kits (ex: for Ghostbusters) can be used in this way. I honestly think it looks....not good (a tiny, round, off-center lit hole behind bars in a large rectangle grill area). The bars can be removed and that difference helps quite a bit. That is just my opinion, but it is why I have never listed them on my website for SPIKE 2 use (even during the whole year I did not have a SPIKE 2 speaker light product ready to sell).

If you are looking to get them, you might as well get them from me. As I have them cheaper than other people are offering them. It takes a bit of creative mounting, but just let me know you want "The Jailbird" and I will be sure to include everything you need to get them mounted along with some very simple instructions.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

10 The Jailbird (resized).jpg10 The Jailbird (resized).jpgknock off vs the real deal (resized).jpgknock off vs the real deal (resized).jpg
#3199 4 years ago

those lights do look nice. Diff b/w delux and non? Are the ones in that pic delux?

#3200 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

those lights do look nice. Diff b/w delux and non? Are the ones in that pic delux?

Yeah, the pic on the bottom is deluxe. You can tell as some of the bulbs in the picture are lit red while others are lit yellow.

The differences between my Standard and Deluxe SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits are described here:

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/SPIKE-2-Standard-or-Deluxe.html

The basics being that the deluxe kits use individually addressable LEDs. So each bulb around the frame can be on or off at the same time and also be different colors at the same time. These lights are higher current and need their own power supply to operate (which is included with the deluxe light kit).

The standard kits use....well, standard RGB LED light strips. That means all of the bulbs on the strip have to be lit the same at all times. So if one bulb is blue, the whole strip is blue. If one bulb is at half brightness, they are all at half brightness. If one bulb is turned off, they are all turned off....etc.

The addressable bulbs basically make it so there can be much more elaborate light transitions and color patterns (358 different color / transition effects). If you are going to set the lights at red and leave it (or want a basic 3 or 7 color fade or flash pattern)....you might as well get the standard kit, but if you want red lights chasing, stacking and swirling....you will need the deluxe kit for that.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 64.99
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

6,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

$ 25.95
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grovetown, GA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 16,261 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/64?hl=blackzarak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.