(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,268 posts
  • 1,090 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by KnockerPTSD
  • Topic is favorited by 555 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg
dp27 (resized).jpg
dp16 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,268 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 326.
#3101 4 years ago
Quoted from ItsBwalt:

I did it. Ordered a premium from my boy Zach at flipnout. First nib game ever.
F I'm excited lol.

Congrats - In the not too distant future your wife and family MAY recall what you once looked and sounded like ....

#3102 4 years ago
Quoted from ItsBwalt:

So any must have mods? I see you all replace your pinballs immediately, any recommendations on which ones to get? Anything else I should adjust or need to do straight out of the box?
F I'm excited lol.

BOOM! cograts

#3103 4 years ago
Quoted from ItsBwalt:

So any must have mods? I see you all replace your pinballs immediately, any recommendations on which ones to get? Anything else I should adjust or need to do straight out of the box?
F I'm excited lol.

Nice! Congrats.

shaker for sure. Upgrade your speakers somehow if possible, sound package is worthy of it. Either external sub or full speaker upgrade (i.e. flipper fidelity).

This game is certainly starting to pick up momentum. I hope I’m not in la la land with how good i think it is lol.

#3104 4 years ago
Quoted from ItsBwalt:

F I'm excited lol.

You're going to DIG the Premium. So much fun.

Cliffies or mylar for the shooter lane (varies, depending on which way you go)
Shaker motor $100
Stern art blades $79
Lollipop rails $60
Pro translite (I prefer the art of the Pro) $70 - email Terry at Pinball Life to special order this
Color instruction card (free, look back a page, I posted one I made)
The pinmonk color brackets I made for at least the multiplier cluster and the character modes so they're not stark white. B-O-O-M ones are optional.

#3105 4 years ago

Which shaker motor should I get?

#3106 4 years ago
Quoted from ItsBwalt:

Which shaker motor should I get?

You can get almost everything I listed from pinball life. Just make sure you're getting the Spike shaker and not the SAM one.

#3107 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You're going to DIG the Premium. So much fun.
Cliffies or mylar for the shooter lane (varies, depending on which way you go)
Shaker motor $100
Stern art blades $79
Lollipop rails $60
Pro translite (I prefer the art of the Pro) $70
Color instruction card (free, look back a page, I posted one)
The pinmonk color brackets I made for at least the multiplier cluster and the character modes so they're not stark white. B-O-O-M ones are optional.

What are lollipop rails? And where do you get them from. Also I just got the stern factory shaker motor it’s a must buy.

#3108 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

so I'm thinking of joining the club soon. Pro much worse then premium? for me, it's all about that left orbit smooth transistion on the premium which I love but damn, is that enough to justify 2k+? hmmmm
Also - the shot directly to the right of the left ramp.....it looks like I can hit it and it should horeshoe around to the left but I've never had it loop around. Is that shot makeable?

I have played both the pro and the premium. I played the pro a lot at 403 in KC and really enjoyed it, then my friend got the premium. Th premium felt more complete; of all the pro vs premium this one is worth the price of a premium IMO.

#3109 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

What are lollipop rails? And where do you get them from. Also I just got the stern factory shaker motor it’s a must buy.

Lollipops rails protect against ware near the flipper buttons. They look pretty cool too. I like to get them powder coated.

https://www.pinballlife.com/black-button-guard-side-rails-for-stern.html

#3110 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

They're metal side rail replacements that keep the art around the flipper buttons from rubbing off from your fingers.

#3111 4 years ago

Just installed Pinmonk’s color brackets for the character inserts and the multiplier and they look fantastic (much better than the stock white).

Having a blast with the game, two thumbs up!

#3112 4 years ago

Had a pretty good game of Deadpool today during one of my leagues I play in no extra ball's and super tight tilt most points came from having 4x running with katana Rama and Ninja multi ball twice.

20190526_142341 (resized).jpg20190526_142341 (resized).jpg
#3113 4 years ago

Ordered the shaker and art blades and grabbed the color mode bracket from pin monk! Thanks man!!

#3114 4 years ago

Premium all the way the pro is no where near as good

#3115 4 years ago

I feel like Deadpool has quickly become the game to own! Tremendous demand and hardly any supply on the used market. Any games that hit the market get snatched up fast! This game is a winner!

#3116 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I feel like Deadpool has quickly become the game to own! Tremendous demand and hardly any supply on the used market. Any games that hit the market get snatched up fast! This game is a winner!

You can still buy NIB.

#3117 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

You can still buy NIB.

I gave up on buying NIB a while ago. Although I had been lucky and never had an issue buying NIB, too many people have and it’s just not worth the risk at these prices. That being said, Deadpool has got me thinking about it. My mantra lately has been, “No NIB until we see what Deeproot is going to do”.

#3118 4 years ago

Finished my little mod. I'm quite happy with how it turned out! It's a little janky at the connector, but overall pretty clean. Here's a gif of it in action:

https://gfycat.com/WideAshamedGelada

20190527_094629 (resized).jpg20190527_094629 (resized).jpg20190527_095223 (resized).jpg20190527_095223 (resized).jpg
#3119 4 years ago
Quoted from ItsBwalt:

F I'm excited lol.

Just clean the balls and inspect. There will likely be nothing wrong with them.

#3120 4 years ago
Quoted from Buckman:

Just installed Pinmonk’s color brackets for the character inserts and the multiplier and they look fantastic (much better than the stock white).

Thanks for the thumbs-up! I agree, but I'm (technically) biased.

Quoted from ItsBwalt:

Ordered the shaker and art blades and grabbed the color mode bracket from pin monk! Thanks man!!

Thanks! You'll be amazed at the difference.

#3121 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Just clean the balls and inspect. There will likely be nothing wrong with them.

I can't recommend strongly enough replacing the Stern balls. Mine were severely dented after a couple hundred plays. My balls behaved extremely erratically and would fly over rails and smack the glass a ton. A lot of dents in my playfield in those first couple hundred plays. I bought silver jets over 1000 plays ago. My playfield barely had an additional dimple in it and the balls are still as smooth as day one. Barely a scratch on them. They also don't hop over rails and crap all the time like the ones that Stern sent. I'll post up a pic in a while after I get back home.

#3122 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipnaught:

I can't recommend strongly enough replacing the Stern balls. Mine were severely dented after a couple hundred plays. My balls behaved extremely erratically and would fly over rails and smack the glass a ton. A lot of dents in my playfield in those first couple hundred plays. I bought silver jets over 1000 plays ago. My playfield barely had an additional dimple in it and the balls are still as smooth as day one. Barely a scratch on them. They also don't hop over rails and crap all the time like the ones that Stern sent. I'll post up a pic in a while after I get back home.

I don't know if Stern uses different ball suppliers or of they supply they have is just really inconsistent, but some machines come in with balls that last a long time and others have balls that look like golf balls in a very short amount of time. It's weird.

#3123 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I don't know if Stern uses different ball suppliers or of they supply they have is just really inconsistent, but some machines come in with balls that last a long time and others have balls that look like golf balls in a very short amount of time. It's weird.

Exactly right. I can't remember which pin it was, but I think it was my Aerosmith pro that came with some really decent quality balls. But I have seen some really crappy ones both before and after Aerosmith. Strange.

#3124 4 years ago

Just ordered a dozen of Ninja balls from ball baron just to be safe! Also got my cliffys ordered. Haha I think I'm done spending money for a bit. Ouch. But might get some pinstadiums in the future if I hit the lottery haha

#3125 4 years ago
Quoted from ItsBwalt:

Just ordered a dozen of Ninja balls from ball baron just to be safe! Also got my cliffys ordered. Haha I think I'm done spending money for a bit. Ouch. But might get some pinstadiums in the future if I hit the lottery haha

Pinstadiums would ruin Disco Loops and Multiball.

#3126 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Pinstadiums would ruin Disco Loops and Multiball.

They turn every game into a xmas tree. All the bulb reflections they create are mind blowing. (Knew I should have included a sarcasm emoji for mind blowing). Mindblowing in the way of how can anyone like them.

#3127 4 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

They turn every game into a xmas tree.

That’s not a good thing.

Quoted from GravitaR:

All the bulb reflections they create are mind blowing.

That sounds amazing.

Quoted from GravitaR:

They turn every game into a xmas tree. All the bulb reflections they create are mind blowing.

So which is it?

#3128 4 years ago

Whew well good haha!! Save me some money to put towards another game

#3129 4 years ago
Quoted from ItsBwalt:

Whew well good haha!! Save me some money to put towards another game

One last thing to get is to order at least 6 red posts from pinball life. The two posts near the little Deadpool will begin to split after less than 50 games. Was that way with mine anyway. Have over 100 games on the super bands and they are holding up great. I changed all my red posts and have a bunch of extra on hand.

#3130 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

One last thing to get is to order at least 6 red posts from pinball life. The two posts near the little Deadpool will begin to split after less than 50 games. Was that way with mine anyway. Have over 100 games on the super bands and they are holding up great. I changed all my red posts and have a bunch of extra on hand.

Yeah, what's with the rubber Stern is using these days? The 2 3/4" ring behind the D-E-A-D targets broke after like 100 plays on the one here. That gets way less action than slings. I couldn't believe it broke so fast.

#3131 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, what's with the rubber Stern is using these days? The 2 3/4" ring behind the D-E-A-D targets broke after like 100 plays on the one here. That gets way less action than slings. I couldn't believe it broke so fast.

Ya and the slings where getting all chewed up quickly. I replaced everything with Titan rubbers and the posts where superbands.

#3132 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Gumby can you link me to what I need thanks man

#3133 4 years ago

Here's a comparison of my balls that Stern provided with ~200 plays on them vs silver jets with over 1,000 plays. Stern is the first pic, silvers are the second. Take notice of the reflection of the blinds on the ball. Every distortion you see in the straight lines of the blinds is a flat spot on the ball. This shouldn't happen after so few plays. Notice how straight the lines are in the reflection of the silver jets in the second pic in comparison.

20190527_150730 (resized).jpg20190527_150730 (resized).jpg20190527_150825 (resized).jpg20190527_150825 (resized).jpg
#3134 4 years ago

Snikt adjustment update Log:

Trying to understand more about the shot and design, i dug into Snikt a bit more. Have a look at the picture below:

E267CA31-8D18-4757-89EC-5831619C742B (resized).jpegE267CA31-8D18-4757-89EC-5831619C742B (resized).jpeg

You can see the target has a 90deg angle cut into it. When you hit the shot, this angle compacts with the metal rail perfectly aligned for support and gives a Snikt successful shot. Your accuracy and power must be pristine.

I believe the washer i added put the Snikt target a hair off alignment which compensated for my high pitch (7.2 deg) allowing more clean friction between the 90deg angle of the target and the metal rail - but this morning it started failing again on me so that may not be the fix i needed, and i wanted to try some more experimentation. I then added a 2nd washer, this made the thick part of the Snikt target hit the metal rail every time - there was less give and room for the target to breathe; my Snikt success rate shot up greatly. However, it didn’t feel quite right; like when hitting the target it took away that satisfying feel with how little give it had so for now, I’m not ok with this adjustment. However, if you’re having a real hard time try it - 2 washers under the Snikt screw; refer to my original post for which one: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/62#post-5012388

That said; i removed both washers and sure enough i was back to square one. But then, i had a thought - i loosened the screw that i was putting washers under by approx a full turn. The target still felt secure (with the other screw in place), but loosening the screw moved the target ever so slightly. It gave the shot it’s feeling back, is still tough as nails, but not impossible.

So there’s a couple techniques you guys can try as i ponder other ideas.

1. Add 2 washers for great success rate with a drawback of losing the feeling of the shot.

2. Or try just loosening that screw a bit to align the target better with the metal rail.

In short, the less wiggle room the target has between it and the metal rail, the easier the shot will be. Searching for the happy medium is the hard part.

Good luck, Snikt for life!

#3135 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Thanks! You'll be amazed at the difference.

I ordered up a few things today too. I decided to go wait a little longer and go with the Premium over the Pro (which was going to come this week) so now just stocking up on the Mods till I get the Premium.

#3136 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I ordered up a few things today too. I decided to go wait a little longer and go with the Premium over the Pro (which was going to come this week) so now just stocking up on the Mods till I get the Premium.

Thanks, and Premium was the right choice on Deadpool for sure. You're going to really love it.

#3137 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Quoted from GravitaR:
All the bulb reflections they create are mind blowing.

That sounds amazing.

Quoted from GravitaR:
They turn every game into a xmas tree. All the bulb reflections they create are mind blowing.

So which is it?

LOL, knew I should have included an emoji. Mindblowing as to how anyone can like them.

#3138 4 years ago

Anyone change the gi of deadpool yet? I want to get rid of the red bulbs, thinking of cool white everyone. Going to order from comet pinball. Do modern sterns take the bayo or the wedge bulb?

#3139 4 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

LOL, knew I should have included an emoji. Mindblowing as to how anyone can like them.

GOTCHA! And that’s kind of what i thought. It was early and I hadn’t played any pinball when i first read your post lol

#3140 4 years ago

Is it possible to order a new playfield just to have?

#3141 4 years ago
Quoted from ItsBwalt:

Gumby can you link me to what I need thanks man

https://www.pinballlife.com/1-116-super-bands-translucent-post-sleeves.html

I ordered like 20 that is enough to change all the posts in the game and have some extra. You can also get some of these in whatever color red or black.

https://www.pinballlife.com/1-12-standard-size-translucent-high-gloss-super-bands-flipper-rubber-17016.html

I have not tried them out yet as I ordered what I’m using now from Titan pinball. You can order a prebuilt red set of rubbers from there. Go all red or black. Flipper rubber from Titan or super bands is a matter of preference.

#3142 4 years ago

So what is the main difference from the premium and the pro? No way I can afford the premium so just trying to decide between this or Iron Maiden. Something about the left ramp shot is missing from the pro? If it is missing, does that shot in the pro just a loop shot? Convince me that this game is better than Maiden.

#3143 4 years ago

I think it’s all about gettin some good flow from the left loop shot. On the pro it hits a closed gate and falls into the pops every time. On the premium it flows past that gate down towards the shooter lane and there is a lift ramp that brings it up and back to the right flipper. I have a pro and it’s still a great pin but I would love to have that flow from left loop back to the right flipper that’s on the premium. Other than that there’s a spinning disco ball on the premium that goes along with disco multiball. That I could live without.

#3144 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

So what is the main difference from the premium and the pro? No way I can afford the premium so just trying to decide between this or Iron Maiden. Something about the left ramp shot is missing from the pro? If it is missing, does that shot in the pro just a loop shot? Convince me that this game is better than Maiden.

Pro? Maiden Pro all day.

Premium? Much harder choice.

Premium isn't just about the flow of that orbit, but the action of the drop targets and the disco modes. It's just a much better experience.

#3145 4 years ago

I have no doubt the disco ball on the premium would be a cool AF light show. On the pro I can barely tell what’s goin on during that multiball cuz it’s pretty much just dark. Drop targets for DEAD and POOl as opposed to the stationary targets could go either way. Drop targets slow the game down some. Kinda like on AC/DC pro vs Premium, some people like the stationary targets on the pro more than the drop targets on the premium. The flow from the left loop to the up ramp on the premium is the game changer I think.

#3146 4 years ago
Quoted from rawbars:

I have no doubt the disco ball on the premium would be a cool AF light show. On the pro I can barely tell what’s goin on during that multiball cuz it’s pretty much just dark. Drop targets for DEAD and POOl as opposed to the stationary targets could go either way. Drop targets slow the game down some. Kinda like on AC/DC pro vs Premium, some people like the stationary targets on the pro more than the drop targets on the premium. The flow from the left loop to the up ramp on the premium is the game changer I think.

The overall bump in game is a much greater than the sum of the parts. The Premium is a substantially better experience than the Pro on Deadpool.

#3147 4 years ago

This would be a very easy choice in my mind if the premium didn't have that left orbit loop but damn I was just playing the premium and it's fantastic. That shot.... Is it worth it? Sounds crazy but I think it might be bc the game flows so well with it. Damn it Stern

#3148 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

This would be a very easy choice in my mind if the premium didn't have that left orbit loop but damn I was just playing the premium and it's fantastic. That shot.... Is it worth it? Sounds crazy but I think it might be bc the game flows so well with it. Damn it Stern

Try not to think of it as DP PREM vs DP PRO. But more like DP PREM vs a JJP game or any stern LE. There, saved you $2500.

#3149 4 years ago

I like a certain amount of flow. I loved the rules to My GOT premium. But there wasn’t one good feeling shot on that pin! The right ramp to the upper playfield rejected a lot. And if you made it you got stuck in the upper playfield or at least slowed down. The left ramp got locked or at least slowed down by the sword. The right loop sometimes got diverted to upper playfield. But I would have kept that pin if I just could have got some flow from the left orbit. But no matter what I did I couldn’t get that left orbit to flow.

There are some great shots on Deadpool pro, katana, snkt, and colossal. And those shots alone are plenty if that’s what’s in your budget. I went with the pro. I have a small line up. And unique pins earn a spot. Right now DeadPool Pro is earning it’s spot. The premium with the left orbit to right flipper would probably be a long term keeper. As it is I’m thinking about trading for a SW premium.

#3150 4 years ago
Quoted from rawbars:

I like a certain amount of flow. I loved the rules to My GOT premium. But there wasn’t one good feeling shot on that pin! The right ramp to the upper playfield rejected a lot. And if you made it you got stuck in the upper playfield or at least slowed down. The left ramp got locked or at least slowed down by the sword. The right loop sometimes got diverted to upper playfield. But I would have kept that pin if I just could have got some flow from the left orbit. But no matter what I did I couldn’t get that left orbit to flow.
There are some great shots on Deadpool pro, katana, snkt, and colossal. And those shots alone are plenty if that’s what’s in your budget. I went with the pro. I have a small line up. And unique pins earn a spot. Right now DeadPool Pro is earning it’s spot. The premium with the left orbit to right flipper would probably be a long term keeper. As it is I’m thinking about trading for a SW premium.

Well, I might get blasted for this; but keep in mind its just my opinion:

You’re really playing Opposite Day in the pinball world if you want flow and good shots.

GOT: Pro all day every day .
DP: Premium for the full experience
SW: This is subjective, but pro is a great bang for the buck with better flow. Premium if your into even more cheap drains; shooting the hyper loop is great when destroying the Death Star - but that’s about it.

If i were you, i’d Probably trade DP Pro for SW Pro (and get a few hundred bucks your way). Then use that extra cash, sell TWD prem, and buy DP Prem. And again, ill get blasted - but TWD PRO is more fun than it’s premium Flow wise and shot wise - IMO.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 64.99
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

Machine - For Sale
Belmont, MI
There are 16,268 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/63?hl=mizzou0103 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.