(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,265 posts
  • 1,090 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by BurntBiscuit
  • Topic is favorited by 555 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg
dp27 (resized).jpg
dp16 (resized).jpg
IMG_2260 (resized).jpg
IMG_2259 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,265 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 326.
#201 5 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

Its 10x nicer to have grey borders than have photoshop in the picture. Not even a comparison... so why not take the extra 10 seconds to make it look nice.

Opinions are not true or false. Perfect for me!

I just voted you with a positive vote!

Regards

#202 5 years ago

I joined the club last Thursday. Game is pretty fun and pretty fast. Music, sound, and callouts are great, those alone make me want to come back and play so more. I had a couple of minor issues to deal with, if other's are having them maybe this will help:

- Slingshots were having multiple firings after contact with the ball. first i went right after going for a switch gap adjustment but this had little effect. finally figured out the power settings for them was just too damn strong (they were flinging balls over the opposite slings and down the outlanes or back into the shooter lane. I adjusted them from coming from the factory at 32 down to 20 and they work great now and are still probably too strong. I lost a little sensitivity in my switches by going to the gap adjustment first, so I recommend experimenting first with the sling power if you experience this issue. sometime this week I'll need to go back and close the gaps just a bit... It's probably in most people's best interests to turn these babies down anyway with the massive amount of sling shot plastics sticking out over the playfield - those suckers are asking to be broken.

- Left ramp shot is a @$%&* on my game. it's about half the reliability of what I found on others out in the wild. Does anyone have any good suggestions to tweaking this to get higher consistency on making the ramp shot? I really hope the software team changes the code rules to allow for that shot (like it does for building up towards Katanarama even without making the full ramp shot) to be awarded even if it doesn't make the whole ramp. as is, it really sucks. I can see leaving it for the Ninja multiball locks, but there's no reason for the others not to be awarded.

- Hard right orbit shots sometimes bounce up and get knocked down and stopped, I think by the katana sword lock? anyone else experience this and find an easy fix?

Anyway, game is great right out of the get go, there are some really fun things that happen with the ball in that scoop area from the random pop bumper action. I do really hope there are some massive code updates coming. I've only had the game a few days now and the 5 main modes are already getting repetitive. hopefully we'll see more mini achievements to go for along the way and more scoring and shooting features to keep things interesting.

#203 5 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Hard right orbit shots sometimes bounce up and get knocked down and stopped, I think by the katana sword lock? anyone else experience this and find an easy fix?

+1 for this. I have had shots fire up into the back right corner of the cabinet and now I fear for my chimichanga truck's life.

#204 5 years ago

Anyone else having problems updating their machines? Ours bricked itself right in the middle of the update, right before league.

#205 5 years ago
Quoted from Spywell:

Anyone else having problems updating their machines? Ours bricked itself right in the middle of the update, right before league.

Bummer and no. My update went smoothly.

#206 5 years ago
Quoted from Spywell:

I have experienced update issues with newer spike stuff. Seems to quite commonly "fail at unpacking". Recently took 20 or 30 attempts to get Maiden to update successfully

#207 5 years ago

Finally got to play Deadpool(on route at crabtown in glen burnie md). I have the same opinions as a lot of the people. Katana ramp sucks unless angled right. I got a lot of bricks everywhere though. Left spinner, katana ramp, and a lot of balls going back into the shooter lane. Biggest complaint i have is when playing its clear as day the code is not complete and theres a good amount missing. At the moment i was going to get an LE but i dont think the pin is 9k good. That being said im set on a pro. Honest question i know the stream is tomorrow but do people think it's worth it to move up to a premium? I was looking at it but $1700 for drop targets, 3 figures, an extra ramp and a disco ball and cassette is that worth it

#208 5 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

is that worth it

I am of the mindset that the answer is always no, unless this is a dream theme for you and you will never sell it.

No premium/LE has ever been worth it.

#209 5 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

At the moment i was going to get an LE but i dont think the pin is 9k good. That being said im set on a pro. Honest question i know the stream is tomorrow but do people think it's worth it to move up to a premium? I was looking at it but $1700 for drop targets, 3 figures, an extra ramp and a disco ball and cassette is that worth it

At the moment I'm going to say no, but I really want to see that disco ball in action before I can pass final judgement. I can't imagine it's $1,700 cool though and I prefer the art on the pro.

#210 5 years ago

Very happy with my Pro. It plays pretty smooth.

I initially played two pros out of the box side by side and was able to witness a difference in smoothness of play etc. I can appreciate that minor variations in screw tightness with ball guides etc can make a noticeable difference.

#211 5 years ago
Quoted from Mikonos:

It took you 5 seconds and it was problem. It not was a good cutting, there are gray borders. Check it! You used a low resolution image. To improve it, take it again and select to upload in original resolution with pinside options .
Anyway, thanks for your effort!
If it is usseful: I´m using "Hypersnapshot" and I configured it with autosave and capture active windows only. To make a screenshot takes me 0,5 seconds, I only have to push a configured key from my keyboard.
I think it is not important photoshop borders, important is to click the image once or twice for see details.
Regards!

The point of the screenshot example was not to upload a high quality, perfect version of your work. That's your job. The example was to demonstrate the excuse that taking a screenshot of only the drawing, or better yet exporting a .png from the .psd file is not a labor intensive time consuming task. You got this far, just show us the end product in its best light. We don't need to see the photoshop window. It comes across that you are either trying to prevent people from printing it, or looking for Internet points that you can use photoshop. You'll get more Internet points if you post it in a way that people can actually use it if they want to. If it is not the final version and you don't want it used, watermark it untils its ready. If you don't want anyone to use it ever, don't post it.

#212 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

The point of the screenshot example was not to upload a high quality, perfect version of your work. That's your job. The example was to demonstrate the excuse that taking a screenshot of only the drawing, or better yet exporting a .png from the .psd file is not a labor intensive time consuming task. You got this far, just show us the end product in its best light. We don't need to see the photoshop window. It comes across that you are either trying to prevent people from printing it, or looking for Internet points that you can use photoshop. You'll get more Internet points if you post it in a way that people can actually use it if they want to. If it is not the final version and you don't want it used, watermark it untils its ready. If you don't want anyone to use it ever, don't post it.

Thanks for your opinion!

Regards

#213 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

At the moment I'm going to say no, but I really want to see that disco ball in action before I can pass final judgement. I can't imagine it's $1,700 cool though and I prefer the art on the pro.

I also prefer the art on the Pro but thought that the drop targets and left orbit returned to the flipper might be worth the extra money for the Premium.

Would love to hear more opinions on the differences

#214 5 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

I also prefer the art on the Pro but thought that the drop targets and left orbit returned to the flipper might be worth the extra money for the Premium.
Would love to hear more opinions on the differences

I am curious as well. DeadFlip stream on the premium tomorrow.

#215 5 years ago

I just finished with rules card! I´m very happy with it!

"Deadpool Custom Pinball Card - Rules" (STERN). Designed by Zona Arcade and Mikonos.
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Deadpool%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Rules.%20Mikonos1.jpg[/IMG]

Details in "Deadpool Custom Pinball Card - Rules" (STERN). Designed by Zona Arcade and Mikonos.
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Deadpool%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Rules.%20Mikonos2.jpg[/IMG]

Details in "Deadpool Custom Pinball Card - Rules" (STERN). Designed by Zona Arcade and Mikonos.
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Deadpool%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Rules.%20Mikonos3.jpg[/IMG]
Deadpool Custom Pinball Card - Rules. Mikonos1.jpgDeadpool Custom Pinball Card - Rules. Mikonos1.jpgDeadpool Custom Pinball Card - Rules. Mikonos2.jpgDeadpool Custom Pinball Card - Rules. Mikonos2.jpgDeadpool Custom Pinball Card - Rules. Mikonos3.jpgDeadpool Custom Pinball Card - Rules. Mikonos3.jpg

*I take bigger screenshots and photos, click to enlarge images (and click again on display image mode if it is necessary) for avoid blur effect of pinside´s miniatures.

It is a easier concept design for rules, easy to imitate for everyone interested in. I hope it will insipired for your owns.

I try to play with same colours and styles between cards. Here is my Deadpool "Free Play" Card to check it:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/4#post-4573783

Regards

#216 5 years ago

So just a thing...

The shooter lane doesn't have a one-way gate, nor does it have the "traditional" little raised up part that keeps the ball from "accidentally" falling back in. In the dozen or so times I've played on location, the ball could just fall back in there. Sure, it auto plunges the ball out right away, but I'm curious as to why this was done. Was this a conscious design decision? Or just another way to shave a couple bucks of the production costs?

Can't really think of another Stern that has the shooter lane just open like that.

EDIT: This is for the PRO, don't know if the LE/Premium will be the same

#217 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

Thats exactly how i feel. I think the art on the pro looks the best. Deadpool is a dream theme for me but i feel ghostbusters was the last game(in my opinion) where it was worth it to get a premium over a pro

#218 5 years ago
Quoted from soapblox:

So just a thing...
The shooter lane doesn't have a one-way gate, nor does it have the "traditional" little raised up part that keeps the ball from "accidentally" falling back in. In the dozen or so times I've played on location, the ball could just fall back in there. Sure, it auto plunges the ball out right away, but I'm curious as to why this was done. Was this a conscious design decision? Or just another way to shave a couple bucks of the production costs?
Can't really think of another Stern that has the shooter lane just open like that.

The Premium has dual bi-directonal gates. When the ball goes into the shooter lanes, the up/down ramp can place it on the Katana sword and black to the right flipper.

#219 5 years ago
Quoted from soapblox:

So just a thing...

I think we all know the answer to that... sad but the reality

#220 5 years ago
Quoted from soapblox:

So just a thing...

I have a plan to make a gate that will do the same as the missing lane to katana. Remove the top non controlled gate and it'll act pretty much as the premium.

#221 5 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

I have a plan to make a gate that will do the same as the missing lane to katana. Remove the top non controlled gate and it'll act pretty much as the premium.

I can't believe the game was released with the ball able to go back into the shooter lane for no purpose. It completely disrupts flow. Maybe stern will release a fix for it, but I don't think I've ever come across this in a game before. There should be a one way gate there.

I hear stern staff play the games a lot to work out bugs, was this missed by everyone. Is it going to be a future feature in some way?

I need to look at this more closely to see if any adjustment or rubber/post placement can be made.

#222 5 years ago

this month I probably changed my iron man vault by deadpool pro ...
I hope not to be mistaken in the change ..

#223 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I can't believe the game was released with the ball able to go back into the shooter lane for no purpose. It completely disrupts flow. Maybe stern will release a fix for it, but I don't think I've ever come across this in a game before. There should be a one way gate there.
I hear stern staff play the games a lot to work out bugs, was this missed by everyone. Is it going to be a future feature in some way?
I need to look at this more closely to see if any adjustment or rubber/post placement can be made.

I played one of the games on route in Minneapolis and the ball went into the shooter a good number of times. Something interesting is the game wouldn't auto-plunge the ball right away, it would hold it there for about 10 seconds or so. Kind of confusing during multiball if you didn't notice it went in there.

#224 5 years ago

I played a Deadpool Pro at Mt Washington Hotel in Bretton Woods, NH. 50 cents a play, fairly easy (37 million?) replay level setting. Since the guests there pay a resort fee to stay there, I think that subsidizes the game room. Anyway, seems like a fun theme my 5 year old liked shooting at little Deadpool. The sword lock ball device and it's ramp off the curved ball guide (katama?) is cool, not easy to make. Cool how George and his team made the ramp so the ball comes around the ramp curve fast then slows down considerably and sort of dribbles into the sword lock, kind of like a rollercoaster slowing down. I think he stated that he wanted the player to be able to see the ball movement. I think my best was 80 million probably played it only 6 times. They also had Guardians pro there and removed Star Wars pro for the Deadpool machine.

#225 5 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

this month I probably changed my iron man vault by deadpool pro ...
I hope not to be mistaken in the change ..

that may hurt a little when new IM code drops?

#226 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I can't believe the game was released with the ball able to go back into the shooter lane for no purpose. It completely disrupts flow. Maybe stern will release a fix for it, but I don't think I've ever come across this in a game before.

The ball falls back into the shooter lane in Who Dunnit quite a bit, but because Deadpool requires that right orbit shot for a number of things, it is a strange design quirk. Because you can use the left flipper to get another chance at the super skill shot, I wonder if we will see anyone deliberately doing that in competitive tournaments.

We also had the scoop screw issue pop up last night while playing on location. Luckily, the arcade owner was right there and thanks to this thread, the fix was easy to identify. Still makes me wonder what is going to happen to a lot of Deadpool's on location where the operator is not nearby.

#227 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

My guess is there will be some award for it in the code at some point. Like "Sneak in" on Goldeneye or something

#228 5 years ago

Where's a link to Jack Danger's second DP stream? It is supposed to be released today and I'm jonesing for some refined footage.

jonesing-gif-6.gifjonesing-gif-6.gifjonesing-gif-7.gifjonesing-gif-7.gif

jonesing-gif-5.gifjonesing-gif-5.gif
#229 5 years ago

I just logged on for the same reason, does anyone know if the steam is definitely going ahead tonight?

#230 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I just logged on for the same reason, does anyone know if the steam is definitely going ahead tonight?

As far as I've seen, yes. It's been promoted. Still a little over an hour away. 4:30PM CT.

#233 5 years ago

The stream was pretty good. The machine looks like fun, but I have to say the Disco ball Mode was a bit disappointing.

#234 5 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

The stream was pretty good. The machine looks like fun, but I have to say the Disco ball Mode was a bit disappointing.

Was hard to tell in video. Will have to see in person .

#235 5 years ago

Does anyone know if the modes are finished? Right now there are 3 battles against juggernaut, mystique, saber tooth. There are two quests against Trex and Megalodon. Will this be it or will they expand to maybe battle all 5 or quest against all 5? Just curious if the rules feel shallow and repetitive or if they will get deeper as the code matures?

#236 5 years ago
Quoted from chet218:

Does anyone know if the modes are finished? Right now there are 3 battles against juggernaut, mystique, saber tooth. There are two quests against Trex and Megalodon. Will this be it or will they expand to maybe battle all 5 or quest against all 5? Just curious if the rules feel shallow and repetitive or if they will get deeper as the code matures?

I tried asking this in the stream didn’t get really a reply.

There’s 3 battles which takes you into Sauron I think, then the 2 quests which takes you to sinister?

#237 5 years ago

The pin does look very fun and fast.
I didn’t watch the entire stream; but there was one player who appeared to be hitting the right ramp quite seamlessly and there didn’t seem to be many clunky shots (which a few posters in earlier threads have referred to).
No doubt it would be nice to see more rule depth and development.
Really looking forward to playing it soon.

#238 5 years ago

When are premiums leaving the factory?

When are LEs shipping also?

#239 5 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

The pin does look very fun and fast.
I didn’t watch the entire stream; but there was one player who appeared to be hitting the right ramp quite seamlessly and there didn’t seem to be many clunky shots (which a few posters in earlier threads have referred to).
No doubt it would be nice to see more rule depth and development.
Really looking forward to playing it soon.

Yeah the right (katana) ramp is pure awesomeness, and the orbits and loops flow really fast and smooth easily George’s best flowing game since JM.

I don’t mind the current rule set up, I would like to see maybe one more mode but other than that I think what is there is a nice balance between accessible and deep enough to keep most people going.

I don’t think every game needs to be or should be as deep as TWD or BM66, I enjoy having some faster, shorter and more accessible games like TRO and IM to make a nice all round collection.

#240 5 years ago

Didn't get to see the Disco mode. Anybody got a video of it?

#241 5 years ago

Gotta love that overnight pinball delivery... Now to get this unloaded from the truck (with no liftgate >.<.

IMG_0914 (resized).jpgIMG_0914 (resized).jpg
#242 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMagnet:

Didn't get to see the Disco mode. Anybody got a video of it?

Check out min 54-58, disco mode looks so good I am rethinking a pro to premium.

Check out Deadpool Premium Pinball from Stern Factory! | !Prime https://www.twitch.tv/videos/306358689

#243 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Check out Deadpool Premium Pinball from Stern Factory! | !Prime https://www.twitch.tv/videos/306358689

You’ll have access to my LE in 2 wks or less, then can decide what you want at home. On paper it’s a questionable upgrade seemingly but I imagine if you play a few games with drops it would be very hard to go back to standups.

#244 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Love the inserts circling around the playfield that’s a nice effect, but with the lighting jack uses it was hard to get the full effect of the disco ball itself, loops mode is a nice little extra but thankfully pro owners won’t feel like their missing out on too much.

#245 5 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

You’ll have access to my LE in 2 wks or less, then can decide what you want at home. On paper it’s a questionable upgrade seemingly but I imagine if you play a few games with drops it would be very hard to go back to standups.

Never completely understood the drops vs. standups. Are they nicer to have? I guess, but it's honestly low on my totem pole of features I check off to see if I want to get a Premium.

#246 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Never completely understood the drops vs. standups. Are they nicer to have? I guess, but it's honestly low on my totem pole of features I check off to see if I want to get a Premium.

Completely agree, for me they are a nice to have not a must have, funny how Stern have made us feel like spinners and drops are premium features

#247 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Stand ups make the game play a lot faster, which isn’t to say it’s better or worse.i was not impressed with the premium, I couldn’t see a single thing that would make me move up from my pro, which plays great.

#248 5 years ago

If you are considering this game, rest easy on your decision. The pro is really fun and is a great stand alone game. If you choose to spend extra money on the Prem/LE version you will have even more cool features on an already great game!

If I saw George Gomez or any of the principal team memebers, I would give them a high five for a job well done. I’m loving this title.

#249 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Stand ups make the game play a lot faster, which isn’t to say it’s better or worse.i was not impressed with the premium, I couldn’t see a single thing that would make me move up from my pro, which plays great.

The diverter in the shooter lane is enough for me to go Pro to Premium, I love fast looping orbits.

The rest I could live without, the disco ball effect wasn’t as good as it could have been (probably more to do with jacks great lighting setup) the extra disco mode isn’t much although any mode involving spinners is great and the spinner sound in the mode was awesome.

But it’s all about that up/down divertor and the ability to continuously loop those orbit shots, looked surprisingly smooth and fast plus a lot of fun!

#250 5 years ago

Yeah I hear you guys on drops. I guess for me personally I could try to explain it as it is more more satisfying to smash a wall down, demolish it than it is to simply bounce off it. I’ve played both versions of TRON and AC/DC with drops/standups and the difference is noticeable.

However, make no mistake, there is no question this is a great Pro model.

I was really hoping for full RGB on the Prem/LE. Bummed it isn’t there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 25.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 16,265 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/5?hl=pinmagnet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.