(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,263 posts
  • 1,090 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by ALY
  • Topic is favorited by 555 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg
dp27 (resized).jpg
dp16 (resized).jpg
IMG_2260 (resized).jpg
IMG_2259 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,263 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 326.
#2901 4 years ago

Do we need to report this as a bug to make it happen quicker?

#2902 4 years ago

Yeah, if only it were allowed to bot account adds!!

#2903 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

This is what we call polish and support. So happy to see Tanio and his team on top of it.
I really hope they have plans to add additional high score tables. Some that come to mind would be:
+ Sabertooth/Mystique/Juggernaut Champs
+ final blow champ (highest single value final blow shot score), maybe also display which villain it was against.
+ T-Rex/Megladon champs
+ super skill shot champ (most super skills shots)
+ Snikt champ (Most snikt shots in one game)
+ disco loops champ
+ disco mb champ
+ berserker rage champ
+ Collosus JP champ
+ Ninjapocalypse champ
+ Katana Rama champ
+ Lil DP mb and frenzy champs
+ Sauron champ
+ Mech suit mb champ
+ weapon champ (most weapons collected)
+ megakrakawhateveritscalled asaurus champ
+ Mr Sinister Champ
Those are just to name a few to get em started lol

Please email Tanio, he is very responsive!

#2904 4 years ago

I updated the code today. Very happy how quickly the team handled the lil dead pool situation. Very happy with my prem purchace. Loving every game........even when I suck.

#2905 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

This is what we call polish and support. So happy to see Tanio and his team on top of it.
I really hope they have plans to add additional high score tables. Some that come to mind would be:
+ Sabertooth/Mystique/Juggernaut Champs
+ final blow champ (highest single value final blow shot score), maybe also display which villain it was against.
+ T-Rex/Megladon champs
+ super skill shot champ (most super skills shots)
+ Snikt champ (Most snikt shots in one game)
+ disco loops champ
+ disco mb champ
+ berserker rage champ
+ Collosus JP champ
+ Ninjapocalypse champ
+ Katana Rama champ
+ Lil DP mb and frenzy champs
+ Sauron champ
+ Mech suit mb champ
+ weapon champ (most weapons collected)
+ megakrakawhateveritscalled asaurus champ
+ Mr Sinister Champ
Those are just to name a few to get em started lol

You guys know what is so cool about these suggestions by Eskaybee (which I agree with)?

It's the fact that these are his most wanted add ons to the code! In other words, wanting various high score tables doesn't have any impact on the rules or gameplay. And coming from Eskaybee, that is saying a lot about how good the code already is, even if it's not perfect.

#2906 4 years ago

Yuuup,
But I'm waiting until 1.10...

Screenshot_20190514-000808_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190514-000808_Facebook (resized).jpg
#2907 4 years ago

Just saw a post on Tilt Forums that T-rex now has a scoring exploit with the new code. Tournaments should not use 1.01 or 1.02 because of this exploit which in the example provided on that post could give you up to 3B for 4 collects of the T-rex if you were to build the hurry up with max multipliers.

Makes me want to try this at home just to see my score blowup, but then I'd have to reset GC because I'd never get to beat that after they fix it (which will probably be soon the way they are cranking out fixes/updates). Who am I kidding? I'd never be able to hit enough shots perfectly anyway, so probably wouldn't be noticeable to me.

#2908 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

I have noticed that most of the time the right orbit doesn't
register for a couple seconds after the plunge, so maybe this is
it. Personally, I understand not counting the right orbit switches
on a plunge, but the timeout delay should really be set to like a
quarter or half second because it's quite possible to hit that
right orbit again immediately off the plunge and I'd certainly like
to get credit for it. I'm hoping they fix this if possible.

Not sure if someone else responded to this, but that made that
change in early code because people were short plunging in a way to
get a cheap chimichanga.

Hopefully 1.02 got found the happy medium

#2909 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Just saw a post on Tilt Forums that T-rex now has a scoring
exploit with the new code. Tournaments should not use 1.01 or 1.02
because of this exploit which in the example provided on that post
could give you up to 3B for 4 collects of the T-rex if you were to
build the hurry up with max multipliers.
Makes me want to try this at home just to see my score blowup,
but then I'd have to reset GC because I'd never get to beat that
after they fix it (which will probably be soon the way they are
cranking out fixes/updates). Who am I kidding? I'd never be able to
hit enough shots perfectly anyway, so probably wouldn't be
noticeable to me.

Anything can be an exploit if ur bossy enough to get 5X going, and keep it going! Thats the beauty of the whole risk/reward of this new TRex mode now, no?

#2910 4 years ago

Question for PREM/LE owners.

Do you guys ever get a weird ball rattle into the right orbit ramp causing it to not make it up the ramp? Ever since i cleaned the playfield it seems maybe 1 in 10 shots will rattle coming out of the right control gate causing the ball to lose momentum. I haven’t investigated it thoroughly to see what’s throwing the ball off yet as it’s pretty rare, but thought i’d hit you guys up first to see if anyone has seen the same thing or not.

#2911 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Question for PREM/LE owners.
Do you guys ever get a weird ball rattle into the right orbit
ramp causing it to not make it up the ramp? Ever since i cleaned
the playfield it seems maybe 1 in 10 shots will rattle coming out
of the right control gate causing the ball to lose momentum. I
haven’t investigated it thoroughly to see what’s throwing the ball
off yet as it’s pretty rare, but thought i’d hit you guys up first
to see if anyone has seen the same thing or not.

Yes. It happened to me a few times, but it's rare enough I didn't worry about it. Ramp lifts and drops the ball into the shooter so it cleared anyway, just robs me of a BOOM letter.

#2912 4 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Anything can be an exploit if ur bossy enough to get 5X going,
and keep it going! Thats the beauty of the whole risk/reward of
this new TRex mode now, no?

as you make pf shots to increase the ‘base’ hurry up value; I don’t think the intent, at least it shouldn’t be, that multipliers affect its base value. Only the collect shot is what should be multiplied. So yes, this can be an exploit whether you have 5x or even 2x going. I guess we’ll find out what Tanio and the guys at stern think about it, but i imagine they’ll throw in a fix to it....and seemlessly add high score tables at the same time

#2913 4 years ago

Ohhh k, that makes more sense!

On that thought tho, would be nice if the multipliers were applied to collecting ninjas and weapons! I could sure use the extra help

#2914 4 years ago

On my premium when I shoot disco loops, a lot of times the ball jumps off the lifted ramp and misses the "wall" that helps direct it to the right flipper.

Any mods for this? Like extending the re-direct wall?

#2915 4 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

On my premium when I shoot disco loops, a lot of times the ball jumps off the lifted ramp and misses the "wall" that helps direct it to the right flipper.

Others in this thread said a small bit of felt or rubber on the stop at the end of the katana, help deaden it and drops more reliably to the right flipper..

#2916 4 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Playfield pitch for your machine?

#2917 4 years ago

I have found that this game is very particular when it comes to leveling. What is everyone's pitch? I am still messing around with mine. On my pro.

#2918 4 years ago
Quoted from Ravvis:

I have found that this game is very particular when it comes to leveling. What is everyone's pitch? I am still messing around with mine. On my pro.

6.8 degrees here and happy with the general flow.

#2919 4 years ago
Quoted from Ravvis:

I started at 7.2 then 6.9, and found a happy medium at 7.0

#2920 4 years ago
Quoted from Ravvis:

7.0 here as well.

#2921 4 years ago

I’m at 7.0 as well.

#2922 4 years ago

I’m at 6.7. Had the ball fall off the ramp 2-3 times. Not nearly enough to warrant doing something about.

#2924 4 years ago

I started at 6.7 and it didn’t feel as good as Running it at 7 and it seems to flow alot better. Was going to try 6.9 as you have to hit a perfect hard shot to go up the katana ramp. Even medium shots seem to go up and roll back down. May just leave it, installed a shaker motor today and it’s awesome.

#2925 4 years ago

I am waiting for my DP premium to arrive and keep hearing about adjusting a certain shot.
Can someone fill me in so I can do just that when it gets here
Thanks!
Marshall

#2926 4 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

I am waiting for my DP premium to arrive and keep hearing about adjusting a certain shot.
Can someone fill me in so I can do just that when it gets here
Thanks!
Marshall

It’s more dialing in the pitch and slope with what you feel is good for you. I also replaced all the rubbers with Titan red and red posts from pinball life cause after like 50 games the ones near little Deadpool had already started splitting. Order some of those as soon as you can.

#2927 4 years ago

6.9 seems to be the sweat spot for me.

#2928 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

6.9 seems to be the sweat spot for me.

Ewww.

#2930 4 years ago

My curiosity for Deadpool increases. Pro vs premium. Going to Automated Services showroom next week.

#2931 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

My curiosity for Deadpool increases. Pro vs premium. Going to Automated Services showroom next week.

Premium all the way. Drop targets, flow, and Disco Multiball (and to a lesser extent Disco loops) is more fun that it has any right to be with such a simple gimmick.

#2932 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Premium all the way. Drop targets, flow, and Disco Multiball (and to a lesser extent Disco loops) is more fun that it has any right to be with such a simple gimmick.

100% agree.

Had an Pro for a few months and changed to LE.

The new flow with the left ramp is great and Disco Ball roxx.

#2933 4 years ago

What a great game Deadpool has turned out to be. I didnt like this game when it first came out but i got to get some good time in on it at a friends house and i have to say i was impressed. He has the premium model. If i liked the theme i would own one of these games 100%.

#2934 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

What a great game Deadpool has turned out to be. I didnt like this game when it first came out but i got to get some good time in on it at a friends house and i have to say i was impressed. He has the premium model. If i liked the theme i would own one of these games 100%.

You add a DP ..... and I will add a MUN

#2935 4 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

You add a DP ..... and I will add a MUN

If i had lots of money and more room i would gladly add a deadpool to my lineup!

#2936 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

If i had lots of money and more room i would gladly add a deadpool to my lineup!

If I had more money and more room I would gladly add any game to my lineup, unfortunately I am out of both.

#2937 4 years ago

Play the crap out of both and I think you will be more than happy to pony up the extra dough for the prem.

#2938 4 years ago

New toy in my game...

20190515_132056 (resized).jpg20190515_132056 (resized).jpg20190515_132107 (resized).jpg20190515_132107 (resized).jpg
#2939 4 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

Play the crap out of both and I think you will be more than happy to pony up the extra dough for the prem.

It’s not even a theme I am interested in, but I like the colors\art, saw videos on YouTube an light show looks good.
It comes down to how much I like the sounds and shots

#2940 4 years ago

Does the Pro disco ball mod work well?

If so, then the only difference would be a couple drops and the left ramp?

I'm trying to decide between the pro and prem. Maybe go Pro and be blissfully ignorant of what I'm missing on the prem?

#2941 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I'm trying to decide between the pro and prem. Maybe go Pro and be blissfully ignorant of what I'm missing on the prem?

It's all about what makes you happy. I've played both, own a pro, and I am thrilled with it. I just personally couldn't justify the price difference. Play both and see what you enjoy.

#2942 4 years ago

Lift ramp adds a ton of flow. Can't imagine the game without it. Have not seen the Disco ball on pro and I know he makes good mods but it's tied in with a incert and seems like it may get annoying.

#2943 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I just recently got DP PREM, and coincidentally own SW PRO too. I think you made a wise choice getting DP first. While SW has a crazy unorthodox yet addicting ruleset, DP has the total package. Both games compliment each other very well because the rules and play style is completely different than each other.

The game is legit. It has an ENOURMOUS sound package which is choreographed and implemented very well. I’m usually a stern pro buyer, but went premium with this one; the added flow of the left loop is very rewarding, love hitting the drop targets, and becoming a fan of the disco mb light show - though I find myself playing that multiball with my head staring up at the ceiling rather than the playfield haha.

Hey Eskaybee, just wanted to say I appreciate your posts on the games you own -- you go into such great detail. A quick question -- I'm am trying to decided between DP,AFMR, and SW. How do you think DP compares to AFMR? My wife like to play too so I don't want a game that's too hard so I kind of eliminated SW because of that, do you think either of the other two would appeal to the casual player more? Is one more likely to last longer in a small collection? (obviously I'd appreciate anybody else's opinion too).

#2944 4 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Hey Eskaybee, just wanted to say I appreciate your posts on the games you own -- you go into such great detail. A quick question -- I'm am trying to decided between DP,AFMR, and SW. How do you think DP compares to AFMR? My wife like to play too so I don't want a game that's too hard so I kind of eliminated SW because of that, do you think either of the other two would appeal to the casual player more? Is one more likely to last longer in a small collection? (obviously I'd appreciate anybody else's opinion too).

I own both, but Personally I would say deadpool is more fun because anyone can relate and it's super fun vs AFMR is great specially if you have the LE which adds extra even more fun but dont think people who are not into pinball are to receptive to the theme..

#2945 4 years ago

The premium is in picking up Sunday super pumped!

#2946 4 years ago

Can the JBL speakers be used on GOTGLE? I’d also like to put a purple speaker light to make the machines match. Anyone can point me to what I need? Thanks!

#2947 4 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Thanks for the compliment man! Geez...this is a tough one. AFMr is the poster child for drawing in casual players; plus its a classic, and for good reason. When i owned it, all my friends/family naturally gravitated towards it. Casual gamers get tunnel vision when they play, all they can focus on is the ball, so when games give you options that you must look at the display, casual gamers get lost + confused quick. So i give AFM the win hands down for casual player appeal. But, as an owner, i really appreciate and love variety in a game and that’s where SW and DP shine. It’s too soon to tell if casual players will like DP; from what i can tell, only us players and hobbyist will truly appreciate the satisfaction of the shot geometry while casual players may find it too difficult. Simple easy Flow is king for casual gamers.

As for long term last ability (in a small pin lineup); that’s where SW & DP will shine over AFM. DP is loaded with variety in sound package, the difficult shots and overall fun of the game keep me coming back. Whether I have a short game, or a long game on DP, there’s always something that checks the satisfaction box. SW is loaded with different ways to play the game with much harder brutal gameplay and has a really unorthodox ruleset that is like no other. I give DP the nod for the overall total package - from rules, to shots, to code, to display, to fun factor.

Hope that helps.

#2948 4 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

Can the JBL speakers be used on GOTGLE? I’d also like to put a purple speaker light to make the machines match. Anyone can point me to what I need? Thanks!

You would need:

The speakers...$29.95 (plus shipping)

https://www.amazon.com/MEGACRA-Audio-Sound-Bar-Speaker/dp/B003KN2TEE/ref=sr_1_fkmrnull_1

The speaker plates to accommodate the bigger speakers....$69.90 (plus shipping)

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-spike-2-speaker-plate-for-525-drivers.html

The speaker gaskets.....$25.95 (plus shipping)

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-speaker-gasket.html

The spacers 1/2" that go in the gaskets.....$3.52 (plus shipping)

https://www.pinballlife.com/plastic-spacers.html

So you are looking at, at least $129.32 (plus shipping) to almost get them to be the same...and you would still be missing the purple surround that you mentioned wanting plus if you wanted GotG LE to be lit like Deadpool LE (opinion: weak sauce)....you would need the 4 light bracket holders from Stern along with the 8 lights, plus the hardware and figuring out where to wire the lights in on the game.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

Fun Fact: If you use one of my SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits, which will work in Pro, Premium or LE games (including games with the above type of setup) you would not use, or even need, the above mentioned speaker gaskets or spacers. As my speaker light frames basically ARE the spacers that are needed for the speakers that have tweeters that extend out. So they completely eliminate the need for those gaskets and spacers. So that's a $30 savings right there that could go toward one of my SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits.

#2949 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

The Pro disco ball mod does not work like the Prem. You're missing a lot of the experience on the Pro. The drops and disco ball modes add quite a bit.

#2950 4 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

You would need:
The speakers...$29.95 (plus shipping)
amazon.com link »
The speaker plates to accommodate the bigger speakers....$69.90 (plus shipping)
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-spike-2-speaker-plate-for-525-drivers.html
The speaker gaskets.....$25.95 (plus shipping)
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-speaker-gasket.html
The spacers 1/2" that go in the gaskets.....$3.52 (plus shipping)
https://www.pinballlife.com/plastic-spacers.html
So you are looking at, at least $129.32 (plus shipping) to almost get them to be the same...and you would still be missing the purple surround that you mentioned wanting plus if you wanted GotG LE to be lit like Deadpool LE (opinion: weak sauce)....you would need the 4 light bracket holders from Stern along with the 8 lights, plus the hardware and figuring out where to wire the lights in on the game.
Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)
Fun Fact: If you use one of my SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits, which will work in Pro, Premium or LE games (including games with the above type of setup) you would not use, or even need, the above mentioned speaker gaskets or spacers. As my speaker light frames basically ARE the spacers that are needed for the speakers that have tweeters that extend out. So they completely eliminate the need for those gaskets and spacers. So that's a $30 savings right there that could go toward one of my SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits.

All that and Doug’s speakerlight kits rock. Have been using them in all my games for years and very happy with quality and the light effect.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

6,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Papillion, NE
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grovetown, GA
$ 25.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 64.99
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

There are 16,263 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/59?hl=gumby510 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.