(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,266 posts
  • 1,090 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by Nicholastree
  • Topic is favorited by 555 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg
dp27 (resized).jpg
dp16 (resized).jpg
IMG_2260 (resized).jpg
IMG_2259 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,266 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 326.
#2801 4 years ago

Maybe do a full install. I had problems on Batman 66 and full install fixed issues

#2802 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

You install the correct update?

LOL, I just went to my downloads folder it was for the PRO. I'm an idiot I assume installing the LE will be just fine?

#2803 4 years ago
Quoted from VirtualMayhem:

LOL, I just went to my downloads folder it was for the PRO. I'm an idiot I assume installing the LE will be just fine?

Lol, that rush to grab code in a hurry gets us all sometimes .

#2804 4 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

Lol, that rush to grab code in a hurry gets us all sometimes .

Exactly what I did. LE is installed and she is working great!

#2805 4 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Maybe accidentally installed Pro code?
No drop targets or lift ramp on pro.

How hard would it be for the updater to make sure it's installing the correct package? This happens WAY too often.

#2806 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

How hard would it be for the updater to make sure it's installing the correct package? This happens WAY too often.

Like 5 lines of code even if you are inefficient with it.

#2807 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Or why even have multiple packages.. The code could be made to detect the hardware, and enable/disable options. But if it saves time have three separate builds, ok, get the next update out quicker

#2808 4 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

For those of you that have upgraded to 1.01, given what seems like a bug(s), is the update worth the bugs, or better to hold off and stick with 1.0 for now?

It typically makes sense to wait a week after any update to see results.

#2809 4 years ago

I noticed the weird Little DP start too - makes it hard to get a battle going before starting it.

Also a couple of bugs with High score display at the end.

TREX is definitely far more fun now

#2810 4 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

It typically makes sense to wait a week after any update to see results.

I see what you mean. I had weird Lil Deadpool like others here with the update. Lil Deadpool muti-ball worked fine, but then Lil Deadpool Frenzy started prematurely. T-Rex was better, but game felt a little "off" to me. I would imagine this will be fixed soon, and thankfully the updates now save the high scores and settings so it makes the updates that much easier.

#2811 4 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

I see what you mean. I had weird Lil Deadpool like others here with the update. Lil Deadpool muti-ball worked fine, but then Lil Deadpool Frenzy started prematurely. T-Rex was better, but game felt a little "off" to me. I would imagine this will be fixed soon, and thankfully the updates now save the high scores and settings so it makes the updates that much easier.

I've ONLY been on 1.01. Not fully sure what issues exist or not. Has anyone reported these to Stern?

#2812 4 years ago

Please report here (it helps everyone!):
[email protected]

#2813 4 years ago

Per Stern on Facebook:

Deadpool v1.01.0 Notes

= Lil’ Deadpool =

We have received reports that in Deadpool v1.01.0, Lil’ Deadpool modes are starting at unexpected times. This behavior is the result of the following change to the Lil’ Deadpool Lock Device: “If the ball is not successfully locked within 4 seconds of hitting the Lil’ Deadpool target, start the next qualified Lil’ Deadpool mode.” The intent of this change was to compensate for cases in which the Lil’ Deadpool drop targets did not successfully catch the ball or the ball did not come to rest on the Lil’ Deadpool lock opto. An unintended side effect of this change is that if the Lil’ Deadpool stand-up target is not adjusted correctly, it can be falsely triggering from playfield vibration, which will eventually lead to a Lil’ Deadpool mode starting unexpectedly in v1.01.0.

If a Lil’ Deadpool mode starts on your game without any hits to the Lil Deadpool stand-up target while it is lit green, we recommend you check the adjustment of the Lil’ Deadpool stand-up target switch.

We will release Deadpool v1.02.0 early next week which will restore the previous behavior to give customers the option.

= Settings and High Scores saved between code updates =

Note that once you have updated to Deadpool v1.00.0 or later, settings and high scores will be preserved automatically when you update your machine using a USB stick.

#2814 4 years ago

This would explain why some are having a problem and some are not.

On a different note related to the last paragraph, I know they have been adding the functionality to preserve settings and scores. In my case, all my settings held, but my scores did not, they all reset to the factory defaults like they used to. A buddy of mine said his were preserved, right down to the last game played. Any ideas why that might have happened? I'm not too worried about it, but found it strange.

Quoted from Jediturtle:

Per Stern on Facebook:
Deadpool v1.01.0 Notes
= Lil’ Deadpool =
We have received reports that in Deadpool v1.01.0, Lil’ Deadpool modes are starting at unexpected times. This behavior is the result of the following change to the Lil’ Deadpool Lock Device: “If the ball is not successfully locked within 4 seconds of hitting the Lil’ Deadpool target, start the next qualified Lil’ Deadpool mode.” The intent of this change was to compensate for cases in which the Lil’ Deadpool drop targets did not successfully catch the ball or the ball did not come to rest on the Lil’ Deadpool lock opto. An unintended side effect of this change is that if the Lil’ Deadpool stand-up target is not adjusted correctly, it can be falsely triggering from playfield vibration, which will eventually lead to a Lil’ Deadpool mode starting unexpectedly in v1.01.0.
If a Lil’ Deadpool mode starts on your game without any hits to the Lil Deadpool stand-up target while it is lit green, we recommend you check the adjustment of the Lil’ Deadpool stand-up target switch.
We will release Deadpool v1.02.0 early next week which will restore the previous behavior to give customers the option.
= Settings and High Scores saved between code updates =
Note that once you have updated to Deadpool v1.00.0 or later, settings and high scores will be preserved automatically when you update your machine using a USB stick.

#2815 4 years ago

Anyone else realize that Disco Multiball is very hard to see the ball on the pro? I find it hard to see.

#2816 4 years ago

I think they've misunderstood what's happening - I've never had issues before this update with Lil Deadpool not locking the ball in tons of games. Based on what they've said, this should only happen when it is ready to lock and I hit inside the Lil Deadpool but the drops don't come up in time to catch the ball.

Not sure what is meant by

check the adjustment of the Lil’ Deadpool stand-up target switch.

Adjust how/what? Switch test is fine, the only slight issue I've ever had is occasional random triggers of the right katana diamond (sometimes on plunge), but even that I can't reproduce reliably.

I'm used to getting the mode ready before starting Lil Deapool (helps a lot with drops for Juggernaught) and on at least two occasions last night out of about ten games, Lil Deadpool multi ball started before I'd finished even qualifying the mode at all.

I'll try and have a better go through over the weekend and document what's happening.

#2817 4 years ago
Quoted from Ravvis:

Anyone else realize that Disco Multiball is very hard to see the ball on the pro? I find it hard to see.

There was a setting introduced in the 1.0 code to allow you to change that:

- Adjustment: DISCO GI BRIGHTNESS (Default: DIM)
DARK, DIM, BRIGHT, VERY BRIGHT

#2818 4 years ago

My Lil DP has been acting fine so far but had one quirky issue last night. I got lil DP mode 3 ready (the targets mode). Made the shot, locked it in, the mode started but the drops didn’t release nor did they try to. Ball search fixed it and I was able to play the mode. Anyone else make it to this mode on new code and/or experience the same thing?

Btw; the mode felt different and I was awarded a multiplier bump til end of ball. I don’t remember this before, but then again I hadn’t played the mode much before so never really paid attention. I’ll be going for it much more knowing there’s a multiplier reward involved.

#2819 4 years ago
Quoted from cyberkryten:

Adjust how/what? Switch test is fine, the only slight issue I've ever had is occasional random triggers of the right katana diamond (sometimes on plunge), but even that I can't reproduce reliably.

Go into switch test mode and smack the playfield with an open palm firmly a number of places around li'l deadpool and see if the standup triggers. If so, adjust the standup.

#2820 4 years ago

Hey fellas just got a deadpool premium happy to be part of the club. Can anyone point me to the right direction where to purchase mirror blades for deadpool? Look on coin taker but it shows DMD mirror blades which doesnt sound right to me..

#2822 4 years ago

Just updated and like a few people said the lil Deadpool mode started on its own. Drops where up and it was lit green ready to be qualified and it just started on it own. I’m going to see if I can roll this update back it’s annoying. I have the previous code can it be rolled back without issue?

#2823 4 years ago

First time over 500,000,000 and got the “What are you? Keith Elwin?” callout!

Nice, I have not heard that one yet..

#2824 4 years ago

That one cracked me up the first time it happened. Very unexpected.

#2825 4 years ago

Hey Guys,

Maybe I should do my homework, but can someone tell me where these "extra" pieces are used in DP Pro?

Thanks

20190510_224905 (resized).jpg20190510_224905 (resized).jpg

#2826 4 years ago
Quoted from durgee7:

Hey Guys,
Maybe I should do my homework, but can someone tell me where these "extra" pieces are used in DP Pro?
Thanks
[quoted image]

They are key fobs. They go on your keys.

#2827 4 years ago

Damn, I don't have my DPLE yet, so that's a spoiler right there!

#2828 4 years ago

DIY Deadpool wind chimes

#2829 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Congratulations! I am hearing the LEs are a big seller already. Looking forward to seeing some photos.

Plenty of LEs still available. Lol

#2830 4 years ago

Quick question...since the 1.01 update, I don't think I've gotten the SAY IT ANNOUNCER GUY one time. Before I thought it said it too much, but I didn't want it to vanish altogether...

#2831 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Plenty of LEs still available. Lol

Like - 100’s of them?

#2832 4 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Quick question...since the 1.01 update, I don't think I've gotten the SAY IT ANNOUNCER GUY one time. Before I thought it said it too much, but I didn't want it to vanish altogether...

Glad that's gone then.

#2833 4 years ago
20190510_193458 (resized).jpg20190510_193458 (resized).jpg
#2834 4 years ago

Does anyone else get the following glitch after the update? The top 4 selectors you pick with the flippers before you plung the ball dont light up, and evently will light up after 2 or 3 plunges I lift the playfield and check and push In all the connections and it still happens?? Never had this issue before until this new update or it just so happens to start anyone had similar thing

Screenshot_20190511-070940_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190511-070940_Chrome (resized).jpg
#2835 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

Does anyone else get the following glitch after the update? The top 4 selectors you pick with the flippers before you plung the ball dont light up, and evently will light up after 2 or 3 plunges I lift the playfield and check and push In all the connections and it still happens?? Never had this issue before until this new update or it just so happens to start anyone had similar thing
[quoted image]

I don’t.

#2836 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

[quoted image]

Before you plunge, repeatedly hit the left or right flipper to cycle the skill shot lane.

See if one of the lanes eventually lights before you plunge

Had that happen once. It was a connection somewhere that needed to be redone.

#2837 4 years ago

DP is such a freakin cool and unique game. There’s a lot of talk about how cool the Katana ramp and Snikt shots are, but what about that colossus shot?!? I’m loving that shot! I think i may like it more than the Katana ramp. So cool to whip it around and hit the target. Plus, it’s integrated very well into the rules/code.

That’s my random post of the day; still got a high going on and cant stop thinking about this game haha.

#2838 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

DP is such a freakin cool and unique game. There’s a lot of talk about how cool the Katana ramp and Snikt shots are, but what about that colossus shot?!? I’m loving that shot! I think i may like it more than the Katana ramp. So cool to whip it around and hit the target. Plus, it’s integrated very well into the rules/code.
That’s my random post of the day; still got a high going on and cant stop thinking about this game haha.

Completely agree. It’s a very findable shot and satisfying to hit. Because it doesn’t have the flow of some of the other shots, I think it gets a bad rap. Glad to know others like it as much as I do.

#2839 4 years ago
Quoted from BelleHall:

Before you plunge, repeatedly hit the left or right flipper to cycle the skill shot lane.
See if one of the lanes eventually lights before you plunge
Had that happen once. It was a connection somewhere that needed to be redone.

When you say redone you mean resolder back to something? Wire breaking loose not having enough contact?

#2840 4 years ago

I noticed one of my flippers getting stuck. Upon investigation, I noticed that the center of the coil stop broke free. This was causing the stop to wiggle and get stuck inside the sleeve. Could this be due to the flipper being higher strength or a cheap coil stop? Is there a stronger coil stop anyone can recommend?

#2841 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Take any one of those shots from DP that you mention and put it on another pin and chances are very high that it would be the best shot on that pin.

DP is full of cool satisfying shots, and it's one of the main things that attracted me to it. The fact that we can add so many other positive aspects on top of that makes it a real winner.

#2842 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I noticed one of my flippers getting stuck. Upon investigation, I noticed that the center of the coil stop broke free. This was causing the stop to wiggle and get stuck inside the sleeve. Could this be due to the flipper being higher strength or a cheap coil stop? Is there a stronger coil stop anyone can recommend?

Just standard cheap china coil stops. Just replace. Happens all the time. Pinball life has what you need.

#2843 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I love the Colossus shot too, can provide some pretty nice jackpots too!

#2844 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Take any one of those shots from DP that you mention and put it on another pin and chances are very high that it would be the best shot on that pin.
DP is full of cool satisfying shots, and it's one of the main things that attracted me to it. The fact that we can add so many other positive aspects on top of that makes it a real winner.

What chuck said above. But if you contact Chas at stern and explain to him the problem, he’ll more than likely send you a couple new ones.

#2845 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Never thought of it that way, but I think you 100% nailed it.

#2846 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

What chuck said above. But if you contact Chas at stern and explain to him the problem, he’ll more than likely send you a couple new ones.

Chas is awesome. My glass from the LE was scratched from the factory. Sent pix.

Received game Wed. New glass arrived today.

#2847 4 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

Glad that's gone then.

I still want it in the game - it's hilarious! I just don't want it all the time. Like once every five or so games would be perfect.

Has it completely vanished for everyone else?

#2848 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

When you say redone you mean resolder back to something? Wire breaking loose not having enough contact?

One of my cables was pulled tight across a solenoid.

I had some of the symptoms you described. After game play, I would watch the light show on the playfield and it didn't look right, either. I would check all the cable connections and the problem would go away for several dozen games and then it would come back. That is when I noticed the one cable that was pulled pretty tight to get it connected. I disconnected the cable and reran it through an area that it looks like it was designed to originally run. Problem has not returned since.

#2849 4 years ago

Anyone get a malfunction message during gameplay (previous version of code) that kept feeding balls to the shooter lane? I ended up having all 6 balls enter the shooter lane. I manually cleared them, but they kept reloading, one by one. I had to restart the machine to clear the issue. Seems okay for now, but it was odd.

#2850 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

More hidden Stern cost cutting. They've been using cheap coil stops for a while now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 64.99
Machine - For Sale
Belmont, MI
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
There are 16,266 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/57?hl=turtle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.