(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,266 posts
  • 1,090 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Nicholastree
  • Topic is favorited by 555 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg
dp27 (resized).jpg
dp16 (resized).jpg
IMG_2260 (resized).jpg
IMG_2259 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,266 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 326.
#2751 4 years ago

Now to be able to get to 200 & 300 weapons

#2752 4 years ago

Can anyone explain on how to retain setting and preferences during an update. Thanks in advance.

#2753 4 years ago
Quoted from mjs2:

Can anyone explain on how to retain setting and preferences during an update. Thanks in advance.

Can’t be done.

#2754 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Can’t be done.

Do they not retain scores now?
Didn't Stern add that recently?

#2755 4 years ago

I thought so as well. According to the end of post #2316 the capability is there. I am just not understanding how to do it.

#2756 4 years ago
Quoted from mjs2:

The below was in the version 1.0 Update File. Haven't tried it myself yet
Added UTIL->SAVE and UTIL->LOAD which save and restore all game settings to/from a USB thumbdrive.
- When restoring the settings to the SAME MACHINE, you can choose to restore:
"RESTORE ALL SETTINGS"
"RESTORE ALL ADJUSTMENTS"
"RESTORE ONLY STD ADJUSTMENTS"
"RESTORE ONLY HIGH SCORES"
"RESTORE ONLY AUDITS"
- When using the saved settings with another machine of the SAME TITLE and MODEL (for example
settings file created on a DeadPool Pro and restoring to a different DeadPool Pro)
you can choose to restore:
"RESTORE ALL ADJUSTMENTS"
"RESTORE ONLY STD ADJUSTMENTS"

#2757 4 years ago
Quoted from redman822:

Well, that will cause high scores for long games to skyrocket...

Ive had the game for 5 months and have never hit 100 weapons on standard settings!

#2758 4 years ago
Quoted from mjs2:

With the change to the Stern OS starting with 1.00, it (and all Sterns with the new OS already installed) saves automatically from 1.00 onward. Just did the 1.00->1.01 and the settings and scores were kept.

#2759 4 years ago

+1 did the upgrade and scores and settings where kept.

#2760 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

+1 did the upgrade and scores and settings where kept.

Same, was pretty happy to see that!

#2761 4 years ago

That’s ideal. Thanks all.

#2762 4 years ago

Just updated and put a few games on it. As I mentioned before, T-Rex quest was just fine before, but now it's INTENSE and I love it. Unless I just didn't notice it before, they added a heartbeat sound effect during the 12 second hurry-up timer for the cash in at the lil DP collect. Truly brings this mode/quest into it's own and defines it much better I think. Love the risk/reward of going for multiple T-rex shots before cashing in. With the points on the LCD counting down, you can see how much you're risking if you choose to keep going to build it up instead of just taking the easy points.

I did notice that my lil DP multiball behavior seemed messed up a bit. Not sure if a bug, but lil DP multi ball started on it's own while I was trapping up a ball with the flippers with no ball captured in the lil DP area. Pin just ejected a ball into the shooter lane and wham, lil DP multiball. Guessing this had something to do with the settings they implemented for the drop targets not capturing the ball, but I didn’t read those close enough to see what they are doing. Will have to play with the settings if so, because I never had any issues with the way mine worked before.

#2763 4 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

Do they not retain scores now?
Didn't Stern add that recently?

I can tell you that I did nothing extra other than load the last two updates with quick update. No settings adjust or anything and it seemed to hold all my settings automatically. My GC was on there from before and eject power from hellhouse seemed to be similar (though I didn't go into settings to check)

#2764 4 years ago

I have a question about the extra ball reward for collecting weapons. On my machine when it had the 1.0 code the amount of weapons I had to collect was 10. Now that I am on 1.01 it is 30. I looked through the read me for the code and the only mention of how many weapons you have to collect the extra ball is in the section for version .98. It says:

"75 weapons - Light Extra Ball (auto adjusts)"

I have never changed my extra ball settings so this is seems strange to me. And since I have been playing on 1.01, I have not seen the amount auto adjust.

How are you machines behaving regarding extra balls?

Edit:
I just checked my extra ball settings and it is set to auto as well which is factory, I have never changed this. Maybe I am just not remembering it being higher? I don't know.

#2765 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

I did notice that my lil DP multiball behavior seemed messed up a bit. Not sure if a bug, but lil DP multi ball started on it's own while I was trapping up a ball with the flippers with no ball captured in the lil DP area. Pin just ejected a ball into the shooter lane and wham, lil DP multiball. Guessing this had something to do with the settings they implemented for the drop targets not capturing the ball, but I didn’t read those close enough to see what they are doing. Will have to play with the settings if so, because I never had any issues with the way mine worked before.

I just had something similar happen to me. I don't remember the exact circumstances but lil DP MB started on me seemingly out of nowhere. At the time I did not think I had met the requirements to start it. I will have to pay closer attention to see if I notice a trend.

#2766 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipnaught:

I just had something similar happen to me. I don't remember the exact circumstances but lil DP MB started on me seemingly out of nowhere. At the time I did not think I had met the requirements to start it. I will have to pay closer attention to see if I notice a trend.

I suspect it’s a bug. Hopefully corrected soon.

#2767 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Happened to me as well. It was ready to start, I hit the scoop, multiball started.. also similar with disco multiball, started without needing to hit the full left loop... And I don't recall exactly, but a couple other things felt odd as well..

#2768 4 years ago

first game post update and I FINALLY hit a billion. Previous high was 892m. 4 time skkt with mechsuit helps.....

20190509_023003143_iOS (resized).jpg20190509_023003143_iOS (resized).jpg
#2769 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

first game post update and I FINALLY hit a billion. Previous high was 892m. 4 time skkt with mechsuit helps.....[quoted image]

Mechsuit with multipliers is awesome.

#2770 4 years ago

new update just a few games in. I seem to be aquiring weapons much faster.

#2771 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipnaught:

Can you / did you all report the bug to Stern?

Thx

#2772 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

first game post update and I FINALLY hit a billion. Previous high was 892m. 4 time skkt with mechsuit helps.....[quoted image]

To my knowledge, this is the best way to blow up the game...

#2773 4 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

also similar with disco multiball, started without needing to hit the full left loop

You don't have to hit the full loop to start it. Just the switch that is part way up.

Quoted from cpr9999:

Can you / did you all report the bug to Stern?

Thx

I haven't yet but plan on it. I just wish I was paying more attention to the conditions when it happened.

#2774 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

With the change to the Stern OS starting with 1.00, it (and all Sterns with the new OS already installed) saves automatically from 1.00 onward. Just did the 1.00->1.01 and the settings and scores were kept.

It’s about time, other manufacturers have had this feature for years.

#2775 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Yes it’s a bug. Strange for that to miss QC since it’s so prominent.

#2776 4 years ago

I got (un)screwed here. Any thoughts where this might be from?

DD35E2C6-7830-4A4D-8F81-F11CAB368066 (resized).jpegDD35E2C6-7830-4A4D-8F81-F11CAB368066 (resized).jpeg
#2777 4 years ago

I am filing a bug report, but was re-reading the patch notes... Specifically:

Adjustment: "DISABLE LIL DP TARGET BANK" - when this adjustment is set to YES,
the Lil Deadpool drop targets will never reset and the Lil Deadpool device
will not be able to lock balls....

Wondering if this is set to yes by default and causing the mode to seem like it auto starts

#2778 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipnaught:

You don't have to hit the full loop to start it. Just the switch that is part way up.

I think the ball had only gotten just past the spinner, so it should of qualified the disco mode, but needed a better shot to get further to start it..
Perhaps my senses were juts heightened because of how lil-deadpool mode(s) started that I was expecting more oddities..

I'll see later tonite, or maybe during long-lunch from work

#2779 4 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I got (un)screwed here. Any thoughts where this might be from?[quoted image]

Hard to tell the size of that screw. It could be one of the two black screws holding the katana blade handle in place ( see left lower side of black handle).

#2780 4 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I got (un)screwed here. Any thoughts where this might be from?[quoted image]

Check the Lil Deadpool. Should be two screws.

#2781 4 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

Also check top of chimichanga bus, and back of playfield at the megalodon upright display.

20190505_144803 (resized).jpg20190505_144803 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190509-085154_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190509-085154_Gallery (resized).jpg

Screenshot_20190509-090154_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190509-090154_Gallery (resized).jpg
#2782 4 years ago

Just played a couple quickies on the new code - Love the updated T-Rex mode!

- Little DPMB
First time I had my ball locked, it sent a new ball in the plunger and flashed red until I hit the target bank (like normal).

Second game, it was flashing green, so I went to lock a ball, bank went up, wait wait wait, then it released and DPMB had begun with a second ball launching shortly after.

-Ninjapocalypse
After my first plunge I hit the right orbit, then up the ramp. Scored the secret skill shot, but not Ninjapocalypse... Did I have to have a spawned ninja first to score it?

#2783 4 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

After my first plunge I hit the right orbit, then up the ramp. Scored the secret skill shot, but not Ninjapocalypse... Did I have to have a spawned ninja first to score it?

I have noticed that most of the time the right orbit doesn't register for a couple seconds after the plunge, so maybe this is it. Personally, I understand not counting the right orbit switches on a plunge, but the timeout delay should really be set to like a quarter or half second because it's quite possible to hit that right orbit again immediately off the plunge and I'd certainly like to get credit for it. I'm hoping they fix this if possible.

#2784 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

I have noticed that most of the time the right orbit doesn't register for a couple seconds after the plunge, so maybe this is it. Personally, I understand not counting the right orbit switches on a plunge, but the timeout delay should really be set to like a quarter or half second because it's quite possible to hit that right orbit again immediately off the plunge and I'd certainly like to get credit for it. I'm hoping they fix this if possible.

I've noticed the same thing (and at first thought I needed to adjust the switch there) and likewise agree that I hope they fix this if possible. Seems like your suggestion to shorten the timeout delay would solve the problem.

#2785 4 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

Quoted from durgee7:

Also check top of chimichanga bus, and back of playfield at the megalodon upright display.
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Found it! Side of Katana handle. All good. Appreciate it!

#2786 4 years ago

Here is some epic play on DP premium by Keith Elwin and Zach Sharp:

#2787 4 years ago

For those of you that have upgraded to 1.01, given what seems like a bug(s), is the update worth the bugs, or better to hold off and stick with 1.0 for now?

#2788 4 years ago

New code is Crushing it, 1st game 2 billion got to Sinister, 2nd game cleared a few modes but had the playfield at 5X and reached over 500 weapons. Ball 3 and I got the end of ball multiplier to 10X thanks to a few multiballs.

deadpool (resized).jpgdeadpool (resized).jpg
#2789 4 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

New code is Crushing it, 1st game 2 billion got to Sinister, 2nd game cleared a few modes but had the playfield at 5X and reached over 500 weapons. Ball 3 and I got the end of ball multiplier to 10X thanks to a few multiballs.
[quoted image]

Nice! I can't fathom 2 billion points or 500 weapons. Most I've had is 780 million and like 90 weapons. I just can't seem to string a game together like that. I've only had my machine a month though. Can't wait to break a billion.

#2790 4 years ago

Another playfield protector for the collection. My favorite part is peeling the top layer to expose the beautiful playfield. I'll be the DP Pro Guinea Pig for playfield protectors, in case anyone is curious about the performance.

20190509_153833 (resized).jpg20190509_153833 (resized).jpg20190509_162624 (resized).jpg20190509_162624 (resized).jpg20190509_162630 (resized).jpg20190509_162630 (resized).jpg
#2791 4 years ago

Are people putting playfield protectors on their HUO pins now?

#2792 4 years ago

RobT, I guess you were gone for a bit. Some people don’t like their playfields getting dimples. I will say this hobby did bring out some OCD in me. I found myself getting away from the older pins that needed work cuz there is just something super sweet about an unblemished playfield. But I would never go through the trouble of putting on a playfield protector. After a bit the dimples fade into a nice uniform orange peal look that I don’t mind as much.

34911275-EAA6-4BEC-80DC-6EE90BF25062 (resized).jpeg34911275-EAA6-4BEC-80DC-6EE90BF25062 (resized).jpeg
#2793 4 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

For those of you that have upgraded to 1.01, given what seems like a bug(s), is the update worth the bugs, or better to hold off and stick with 1.0 for now?

1.0 has bugs that are annoying, too, like losing the regen without getting your ball back. I'd still recommend 1.01.

#2794 4 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

Quoted from PinMonk:

1.0 has bugs that are annoying, too, like losing the regen without getting your ball back. I'd still recommend 1.01.

Plus... now that the settings are saved when you update, you really aren’t out much by updating. The bug i saw wasn’t a game changer or anything... just a minor annoyance that will soon be fixed I hope.

#2795 4 years ago

This was an amazing sequence by Zach during this one ball. Nailing one shot after another, really showing how fast DP can flow:

#2796 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Plus... now that the settings are saved when you update, you really aren’t out much by updating. The bug i saw wasn’t a game changer or anything... just a minor annoyance that will soon be fixed I hope.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Thanks! Going to update to 1.01 later tonight then.

#2797 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

This was as amazing sequence by Zach during this one ball. Nailing one shot after another, really showing how fast DP can flow:

Insane ball. 53,000,000 bonus. I've gotten 10 before. Not million. Just 10.

#2798 4 years ago

I just did the 1.01 update and it completed without any problems. My left and right drop targets started up on the first game and after playing a mode they were not resetting. I did a full reboot of the game and started a new one and same thing - any ideas? It didn't seem that the ramp that would bring the ball back to the sword was dropping down when hitting the Dazzler spinner either. Did I miss something in the update in settings I need to change or any ideas?

#2799 4 years ago
Quoted from VirtualMayhem:

I just did the 1.01 update and it completed without any problems. My left and right drop targets started up on the first game and after playing a mode they were not resetting. I did a full reboot of the game and started a new one and same thing - any ideas? It didn't seem that the ramp that would bring the ball back to the sword was dropping down when hitting the Dazzler spinner either. Did I miss something in the update in settings I need to change or any ideas?

You install the correct update?

#2800 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:You install the correct update?

Maybe accidentally installed Pro code?

No drop targets or lift ramp on pro.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Machine - For Sale
Belmont, MI
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

There are 16,266 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/56?hl=stoneyfl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.