(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,265 posts
  • 1,090 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by BurntBiscuit
  • Topic is favorited by 555 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg
dp27 (resized).jpg
dp16 (resized).jpg
IMG_2260 (resized).jpg
IMG_2259 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,265 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 326.
#2701 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Calling is probably best bet, as that gameroomguys listing has “special order” as the stock status. My guess is it’s a non-updated listing and you won’t find if they can get it til you try to order. My recommendation is to call JJ at Game Exchange. He responds super quick and has the best customer service in the hobby.

Definitely. Gameroomguys should be your last resort.

#2702 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Definitely. Gameroomguys should be your last resort.

I ordered my Deadpool through Gameroom Guys, and I was really happy with how quickly they shipped, and how much time they spent with me answering pre-sale questions.

I did have a part fail after a couple of months, and that was a little more hassle than I expected, but they (and Stern) eventually did the right thing in the end. Two Pinsiders DM'd me during all of that, and didn't have good things to say about GRG. Can I ask why GRG seems to be not so highly regarded here?

#2703 4 years ago
Quoted from StoneyFL:

I ordered my Deadpool through Gameroom Guys, and I was really happy with how quickly they shipped, and how much time they spent with me answering pre-sale questions.
I did have a part fail after a couple of months, and that was a little more hassle than I expected, but they (and Stern) eventually did the right thing in the end. Two Pinsiders DM'd me during all of that, and didn't have good things to say about GRG. Can I ask why GRG seems to be not so highly regarded here?

Not great prices and bad support. You got a taste of the bad support, but not a REALLY bad taste. It can get worse. There are much better distributors out there to deal with. Almost anyone else, IMO. GRG are not pinball passionate like many dists are, they're just about the buck.

#2704 4 years ago

I’m UK based so GRG would not be my point of call - have to say I’m warming to this DeadPool Pin.
The playfield and colours are vibrant, looks beautiful from a comic book artwork perspective and I like a pin that makes me chuckle- like BM66.
The call outs and music are very catchy also having looked at some online footage - what’s not to like
How you guys rate the gameplay? - does it shoot good?, is it fun to play? I’m not one for clunkiness.....won’t have the opportunity to try before I buy being in the UK so if you can let me have a quick list summary of the pros and cons in advance I would be very appreciative. Will be buying NIB..... probably Premium or LE if I can find one.... although as others have mentioned the Pro Artwork looks the best - good old Stern continuity - similar to IMDN project thought art is subjective

#2705 4 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

I’m UK based so GRG would not be my point of call - have to say I’m warming to this DeadPool Pin.
The playfield and colours are vibrant, looks beautiful from a comic book artwork perspective and I like a pin that makes me chuckle- like BM66.
The call outs and music are very catchy also having looked at some online footage - what’s not to like
How you guys rate the gameplay? - does it shoot good?, is it fun to play? I’m not one for clunkiness.....won’t have the opportunity to try before I buy being in the UK so if you can let me have a quick list summary of the pros and cons in advance I would be very appreciative. Will be buying NIB..... probably Premium or LE if I can find one.... although as others have mentioned the Pro Artwork looks the best - good old Stern continuity - similar to IMDN project thought art is subjective

Stick a Pro translite ($70) on the Premium and you have the best of both worlds.

The Premium is really enjoyable to shoot with all the drop targets, the RGB light show, and the disco lights. Software still has a few rough edges, but is now very very good compared the the abysmal state it initially shipped in.

#2706 4 years ago

Just made it into the 1B club

2019-05-06 16.16.02 (resized).jpg2019-05-06 16.16.02 (resized).jpg
#2707 4 years ago

So has anyone matched up the dates on the match wheel with anyone at Stern or...elsewhere? Here's the ones I've seen:

12/29/1902 (2002? It's just an 02)
11/18/1950
7/11/1951
3/2/1973
7/22/1976
8/4/1977
7/7/1980
1/9/1986
3/28/1986

#2708 4 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Hi Guys,
Just a quick one from a visitor from the BM66 club
Silly question..... are all the Deadpool LEs sold out from Stern?

Might try eBay. That is where I started and eventually ended up with a dealer that sold me my LE. There are currently 4 different sellers "dealers" on eBay with New DeadPool LE machines. Two of the sellers have 3 available. One is Game Room Guys which you've already heard feedback from other members about so that leaves you 3 other dealers on eBay. Good thing is you also have eBay backing you up if anything should not go wrong with the transaction. Just search "Deadpool Pinball LE" and you will quickly find the machines available.

#2709 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Stick a Pro translite ($70) on the Premium and you have the best of both worlds.
The Premium is really enjoyable to shoot with all the drop targets, the RGB light show, and the disco lights. Software still has a few rough edges, but is now very very good compared the the abysmal state it initially shipped in.

From what I remember, the model matrix sheet (comparing Pro/Premium/LE) didn’t show the Premium having RGB, but it does have RGB lighting right?

#2710 4 years ago
Quoted from Bazzy34:

From what I remember, the model matrix sheet (comparing Pro/Premium/LE) didn’t show the Premium having RGB, but it does have RGB lighting right?

Deadpool has 7 RGB inserts on the playfield, plus the RGB BOOM button, on all models.

#2711 4 years ago

I played Nimblepin's DPLE yesterday. It absolutely confirmed for me how much I love this pin. Too much awesomeness. I can't get over how satisfying and cool so many of the shots are. Then you just add to that the rules, art package, humor, and quality of the voice acting, this really is the complete package.

I can't wait to get my DPLE!

#2712 4 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

[quoted image] Oooh I’m fancy.

188 is mine.

#2713 4 years ago

So I’ve had my Deadpool Pro a couple days now and I’ve had a weird issue happen twice. My lower GI goes out and the flippers stop working. Everything else stays on and a ball drains. Then when the next ball starts up, the GI stays off, but the flippers work. If I power cycle the game, everything goes back to normal. Any ideas?

#2714 4 years ago

Possibly node board. May want to contact stern.

#2715 4 years ago
Quoted from Bazzy34:

It has red and white in the GI. Not controlled afaik.

#2716 4 years ago

Update comparison...

I’ve had DP Pro since the first launch parties in August 2018 (brought mine home from one) and last weekend was my first time playing a Premium and LE. If you are a pinball fan but just an average player, you won’t notice the differences. I’m very happy with my Deadpool purchase, but did not feel like I was missing out. DP Pro is a really solid game. All of the models look and play fantastic. Stern has a total package on this one.

#2717 4 years ago

I am an average player at best and I noticed the differences. The only way you can’t notice the difference is if you never hit the left orbit or the side targets. Whether the differences are important enough to want to upgrade is subjective.

DP pro is still a good package but I would never downgrade.

#2718 4 years ago

Mine is 187

#2719 4 years ago

Brought home a premium and loving it. Actually a surprisingly brutal game so far. Really digging it.

274E3763-DB81-4C1C-8F53-1B4D01F3825F (resized).jpeg274E3763-DB81-4C1C-8F53-1B4D01F3825F (resized).jpeg
#2720 4 years ago

Out of The box the outlanes have no rubber rings. I just popped in a set and the game is 10x easier.

How many of you run it this way vs stock? Stock it was pretty darn brutal!

#2721 4 years ago

I put them on. As (if) I get longer ball times I will remove them and go stock

#2722 4 years ago

Do you know what your pitch at? I started at 7.2 and it was brutally fast and fun. However, I popped it down to 6.9 and while it shoots much smoother, it is easier.

Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Out of The box the outlanes have no rubber rings. I just popped in a set and the game is 10x easier.

#2723 4 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Ran some rubber on those posts for about a week. Took them off last night as I found that the ball would just bounce off them and drain out the left and right side a lot. I think it’s just a matter of preference.

#2724 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Do you know what your pitch at? I started at 7.2 and it was brutally fast and fun. However, I popped it down to 6.9 and while it shoots much smoother, it is easier.

Running 6.8. Getting Ninja Multiball regularly and it’s very smooth on the shots. But any error into the slings
Often dumped into the outlanes and nudging was pretty futile. Putting the rings on the outlanes I have a fighting chance now. Night and day more fun.

First 25 games I couldn’t get to Saron. First game with the rubbers in place I made it. And had way more fun playing.

The game is 10x more fun for me now. Glad I put them in.

#2725 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Smoother is better. Easier is also better for some of us mere mortals.

The thing about playing without the rubber rings on the posts that would bug me is that it takes away from the importance of nudging.

#2726 4 years ago

On the Colossus shot, what does "special" do when lit? I've only seen it twice but never hit it.

#2727 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipnaught:

On the Colossus shot, what does "special" do when lit? I've only seen it twice but never hit it.

Special in all games is a free credit. However, you can change it in settings to be an extra ball or points instead.

#2728 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Special in all games is a free credit. However, you can change it in settings to be an extra ball or points instead.

Duh, that makes sense. Guess I just didn't realize it since it's on free play.

Thanks!

#2729 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Smoother is better. Easier is also better for some of us mere mortals.

The thing about playing without the rubber rings on the posts that would bug me is that it takes away from the importance of nudging.

Yeah exactly. Nudging is super fun, and without the rubbers the ball is just dead into the drain.

I'm sure the out of box setup without the rubbers is based on too high average ball times for location play. But for home use, where you want to get deep into the game/wizards, it's the way to go.

#2730 4 years ago

Second day in a row the right slingshot has been doing this. Anyway to adjust this? I have the slingshot power turned down to 28 I’ll tweek it down some more and see if that helps.

4835E03E-C7E8-4635-A3DA-B2E9CE9D331D.jpeg4835E03E-C7E8-4635-A3DA-B2E9CE9D331D.jpeg

#2731 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Second day in a row the right slingshot has been doing this. Anyway to adjust this?
[quoted image]

Check to be sure the rubber isn’t twisted at all and around the grooves cleanly. Otherwise, try lowering sling power in settings - Feature Adjustment #4. Also, try another rubber. I wonder if for some reason it has a slightly larger rubber than it’s supposed to? I’ll check manual, but probably a 2” rubber I’m guessing.

EDIT: just checked manual; it’s a 2 1/2”

#2732 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Check to be sure the rubber isn’t twisted at all and around the grooves cleanly. Otherwise, try lowering sling power in settings - Feature Adjustment #4. Also, try another rubber. I wonder if for some reason it has a slightly larger rubber than it’s supposed to? I’ll check manual, but probably a 2” rubber I’m guessing.
EDIT: just checked manual; it’s a 2 1/2”

That right slingshot rubber is all scuffed up already so I ordered some titans last night to try out.

#2733 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Second day in a row the right slingshot has been doing this. Anyway to adjust this? I have the slingshot power turned down to 28 I’ll tweek it down some more and see if that helps.
[quoted image]

Hard to tell from the angle, but it looks like the kicker arm is kind of low. Is the left the same height? Maybe it's mounted wrong underneath?

#2734 4 years ago

Ya tomorrow I’ll pop the glass off again and get a better look and see if it is indeed lower.

#2735 4 years ago

Anyone have an issue when the Node8 board connectors become loose after 20-30 games?

When I tap the right flipper the lower lights flicker, If I reset the connectors the problem is fixed until it happens again

Wondering if anyone has encountered this and has a permanent solution?

#2736 4 years ago
Quoted from waaylander:

Anyone have an issue when the Node8 board connectors become loose after 20-30 games?
When I tap the right flipper the lower lights flicker, If I reset the connectors the problem is fixed until is happens again
Wondering if anyone has encountered this and has a permanent solution?

Try removing the lights on that side one at a time until that stops. It's likely a bad bulb shorting out the string rather than the node board.

(Or alternately and more accurately, remove all the bulbs on that side and add them back until the behavior starts, then set that bulb aside and continue. This is the better method if you have two of more bulbs with issues. Stern uses cheap bulbs. SURPRISE!)

#2737 4 years ago

OK, Will try that next flicker, thanks for the advice.

#2738 4 years ago

Does anyone else’s score increase just from flipping the flippers repeatedly even before plunging the ball. I feel like there most be a short or loose part somewhere.

#2739 4 years ago

I would almost guarantee that 1 of your playfield contacts are to close together and need to be gapped. Try shaking the machine and see if it happens. It could be any of the targets. Enter switch test and shake the machine and see what switch it is. Or go through by hand.

#2740 4 years ago
Quoted from PoolFan:

Does anyone else’s score increase just from flipping the flippers repeatedly even before plunging the ball. I feel like there most be a short or loose part somewhere.

Had exact same issue with my DE tmnt pin. Some of the switches were too close, and vibration from activating flippers caused them to close. I agree with above...switch test and activate each one by hand. I even had loose/detached wires that caused several switches from activating.

#2741 4 years ago

1.01 is out!!

LE V1.01.0 - May 8, 2019
========================
- Updated LIL' DEADPOOL LOCK Device:
- Improved ball lock handling. If the drop targets do not stay up when
the devices attempts to catch the ball, retry the drop target reset
up to 3 times. If the ball is not successfully locked within 4 seconds
of hitting the Lil Deadpool target, start the next qualified
Lil Deadpool mode.
- Improved ball lock-out handling. In the lock-out state, the drop
targets are reset whenever they are hit. If the ball gets behind the
drop targets when the device is in this state, lower the drop targets
to release the ball.
- Adjustment: "DISABLE LIL DP TARGET BANK" - when this adjustment is set to YES,
the Lil Deadpool drop targets will never reset and the Lil Deadpool device
will not be unable to lock balls. Rules that rely on locking a ball in the
Lil Deadpool device will compensate; the following rules are effected:
- Lil Deadpool Multiball, Frenzy, and Bounce
- T-Rex Quest
- Mr. Sinister: Megakrakolodonus Rex
- Mr. Sinister: The Final Battle
- Adjustment removed: "LIL DEADPOOL LOCKS BALLS" (Lil' Deadpool device will
always attempt to lock balls unless "DISABLE LIL DP TARGET BANK" is set to YES.
- Adjustment added: "BALL SAVE TIMER: LDP RECENT LOCK" (Default 0 seconds). If this
is set to a value greater than 0 seconds, a ball saver will start as soon as the
Lil' Deadpool target is hit to initiate a ball lock attempt.
- Updated switch test: do not reset Lil Deadpool drop target bank when the
Lil Deadpool target is closed in switch test.
- Updated T-REX QUEST:
Updated rules:
- At mode start
- All arrow shots are lit.
- Lil Deadpool drop targets stay up when hit.
- When a lit arrow shot is made
- Shot is unlit.
- Lil Deadpool drop targets trip down.
- T-Rex hurry up starts on the Lil Deadpool stand up target (12 seconds).
- If another lit shot is made, the hurry-up value is boosted and time is added.
- If hurry-up times out, drop targets are reset. If no shots are lit when the
hurry-up times out, all shots are relit.
- When the lit Lil Deadpool stand up target is hit,
- Collect hurry-up award.
- All shots are relit.
- Collect the hurry-up 4 times to light the scoop to collect DNA.
- Shoot lit scoop to collect DNA sample and complete the mode.
- If ball is drained while scoop is lit, the mode is completed.
Updated display:
- Display T-Rex Hurry-Up value when it is available at the Lil Deadpool target
- Updated WEAPON JACKPOT award:
- 100, 200, 300 weapons ... bump playfield multiplier minimum for the rest of the game.
- Updated MYSTERY: If Extra Ball is Lit, do not award Light Extra Ball from MYSTERY.
- Updated LIL' DEADPOOL FRENZY: switch value increases by 100k each time the
mode is restarted. Max switch value is 400k.
- Fixed REGENERATE - during multiball, a ball going down the left outlane with
Regenerate lit would intermittently not award a ball save.
- Added formatted game pricing to attract mode screens.

- System V2.27:
- Updated to nodeboard firmware v0.40.0
- Updated instructions for RESTORE SETTINGS.
- Reordered items in UTIL->VOL, moved CABINET SPEAKER TYPE to be after
BACKBOX SPEAKER TYPE.
- Added UTIL->RESET->VOL which will reset all audio settings to their
default values.
- Append (MAX) to the credit message if the number of credits equals
the CREDIT LIMIT adjustment.

#2742 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

100, 200, 300 weapons ... bump playfield multiplier minimum for the rest of the game.

Well, that will cause high scores for long games to skyrocket...

#2743 4 years ago

T-rex hurry ups with the drop targets more clearly defining that the hurry up is active should be a nice feature. I love it when something you didn't think was broken and already worked pretty nicely is enhanced even further to make the game play more enjoyable. Nice work Tanio!!

#2744 4 years ago

Woohoo! Setting up my Deadpool LE as we speak!

#2745 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

T-rex hurry ups with the drop targets more clearly defining that the hurry up is active should be a nice feature. I love it when something you didn't think was broken and already worked pretty nicely is enhanced even further to make the game play more enjoyable. Nice work Tanio!!

Boom!

#2746 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

1.01 is out!!
LE V1.01.0 - May 8, 2019
========================
- Updated LIL' DEADPOOL LOCK Device:
- Improved ball lock handling. If the drop targets do not stay up when
the devices attempts to catch the ball, retry the drop target reset
up to 3 times. If the ball is not successfully locked within 4 seconds
of hitting the Lil Deadpool target, start the next qualified
Lil Deadpool mode.
- Improved ball lock-out handling. In the lock-out state, the drop
targets are reset whenever they are hit. If the ball gets behind the
drop targets when the device is in this state, lower the drop targets
to release the ball.
- Adjustment: "DISABLE LIL DP TARGET BANK" - when this adjustment is set to YES,
the Lil Deadpool drop targets will never reset and the Lil Deadpool device
will not be unable to lock balls. Rules that rely on locking a ball in the
Lil Deadpool device will compensate; the following rules are effected:
- Lil Deadpool Multiball, Frenzy, and Bounce
- T-Rex Quest
- Mr. Sinister: Megakrakolodonus Rex
- Mr. Sinister: The Final Battle
- Adjustment removed: "LIL DEADPOOL LOCKS BALLS" (Lil' Deadpool device will
always attempt to lock balls unless "DISABLE LIL DP TARGET BANK" is set to YES.
- Adjustment added: "BALL SAVE TIMER: LDP RECENT LOCK" (Default 0 seconds). If this
is set to a value greater than 0 seconds, a ball saver will start as soon as the
Lil' Deadpool target is hit to initiate a ball lock attempt.
- Updated switch test: do not reset Lil Deadpool drop target bank when the
Lil Deadpool target is closed in switch test.
- Updated T-REX QUEST:
Updated rules:
- At mode start
- All arrow shots are lit.
- Lil Deadpool drop targets stay up when hit.
- When a lit arrow shot is made
- Shot is unlit.
- Lil Deadpool drop targets trip down.
- T-Rex hurry up starts on the Lil Deadpool stand up target (12 seconds).
- If another lit shot is made, the hurry-up value is boosted and time is added.
- If hurry-up times out, drop targets are reset. If no shots are lit when the
hurry-up times out, all shots are relit.
- When the lit Lil Deadpool stand up target is hit,
- Collect hurry-up award.
- All shots are relit.
- Collect the hurry-up 4 times to light the scoop to collect DNA.
- Shoot lit scoop to collect DNA sample and complete the mode.
- If ball is drained while scoop is lit, the mode is completed.
Updated display:
- Display T-Rex Hurry-Up value when it is available at the Lil Deadpool target
- Updated WEAPON JACKPOT award:
- 100, 200, 300 weapons ... bump playfield multiplier minimum for the rest of the game.
- Updated MYSTERY: If Extra Ball is Lit, do not award Light Extra Ball from MYSTERY.
- Updated LIL' DEADPOOL FRENZY: switch value increases by 100k each time the
mode is restarted. Max switch value is 400k.
- Fixed REGENERATE - during multiball, a ball going down the left outlane with
Regenerate lit would intermittently not award a ball save.
- Added formatted game pricing to attract mode screens.
- System V2.27:
- Updated to nodeboard firmware v0.40.0
- Updated instructions for RESTORE SETTINGS.
- Reordered items in UTIL->VOL, moved CABINET SPEAKER TYPE to be after
BACKBOX SPEAKER TYPE.
- Added UTIL->RESET->VOL which will reset all audio settings to their
default values.
- Append (MAX) to the credit message if the number of credits equals
the CREDIT LIMIT adjustment.

dp_hero (resized).pngdp_hero (resized).png
#2747 4 years ago

If another lit shot is made, the hurry-up value is boosted and time is added.

I like the sounds of that!

100,200,300 weapons for pf x... thats not actually new is it?

#2748 4 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

You definitely got a pf x for 100 before.

#2749 4 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Quoted from chuckwurt:

You definitely got a pf x for 100 before.

The pf x boost was for the duration of the ball. Sounds like it’s changed to the remainder of the game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 16,265 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/55?hl=gumby510 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.