(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,295 posts
  • 1,092 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by Magicman
  • Topic is favorited by 557 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240422_042849~2 (resized).jpg
20240420_214553 (resized).jpg
20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 326.
#2601 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

2. Fix lighting show for the 4 top inlanes as they get disguised at times and you can’t play the rollovers to complete bonus x. Intentional?

THIS. 1000X this. The B-O-O-M lanes also have the same problem, with the light show effects turning off the actual status of the BOOM lights while the effects are playing, which is SUPER ANNOYING if you're one letter off from BOOM and really need it.

#2602 4 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Who else is thoroughly amused when they bonus score is 10!?

I somehow landed a 00 Ninja Multiball score yesterday. Was not amused

#2603 4 years ago
Quoted from durgee7:

I'm late to the party. Initiation will be getting this unboxed and onto the 2nd floor. Yes!!!
[quoted image]

My wife and I got ours upstairs, and even around a really tight turn halfway up. It was a challenge, but it can be done! Good luck. Hopefully the weight training machine shown in the photo you posted has been put to good use.

Have fun!

#2604 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

THIS. 1000X this. The B-O-O-M lanes also have the same problem, with the light show effects turning off the actual status of the BOOM lights while the effects are playing, which is SUPER ANNOYING if you're one letter off from BOOM and really need it.

BOOM blinds me for about 3 seconds when pressed. BOOM!

#2605 4 years ago
Quoted from Budfan:

Thanks appreciate it.

Now I know why it did not show up in the menu or that my volume knob on the stern volume plate did not work. I moved the pinball into the basement very recently and the connector to the cpu board came off. Yep. Feel like a newbie all over again.

#2606 4 years ago
Quoted from Budfan:

Now I know why it did not show up in the menu or that my volume knob on the stern volume plate did not work. I moved the pinball into the basement very recently and the connector to the cpu board came off. Yep. Feel like a newbie all over again.

Sorry i never got back. That’s interesting that it doesn’t even come up on the adjustments unless it’s plugged in.

#2607 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Sorry i never got back. That’s interesting that it doesn’t even come up on the adjustments unless it’s plugged in.

All good. I was just glad that I didnt break anything when it came out. Lesson..make sure that cable has some slack to it before you fold the head.

#2608 4 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

BOOM blinds me for about 3 seconds when pressed. BOOM!

I have the inserts and flasher brightness turned down to 75%. Factory is too much.

#2609 4 years ago

Well, finally getting my way up closer to 1 billion. This game was 500 million on ball one then just OK on the rest. Got disco, ninja and mechsuit on ball one with a 4x multiplier on mechsuit for a short time. Only beat 1 battle, never had the opportunities to start any others.

My previous high score was 540 million. Today I got three scores over that. Was a good day. Feel like 1 billion is in sight.

Like others have said, really wish they would add high score screens for all the different modes. I had a game with an impressive 100 million on the little Deadpool mode. Took a long time but was fun.

20190429_105941 (resized).jpg20190429_105941 (resized).jpg
#2610 4 years ago

I want the Mechsuit " jackpot" callout for my phone as a text message alert.

For the audio experts out there , how could this happen ??

#2611 4 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

I want the Mechsuit " jackpot" callout for my phone as a text message alert.
For the audio experts out there , how could this happen ??

Pinball browser, export the audio from the Deadpool rom.

#2612 4 years ago
Quoted from StoneyFL:

My wife and I got ours upstairs, and even around a really tight turn halfway up. It was a challenge, but it can be done! Good luck. Hopefully the weight training machine shown in the photo you posted has been put to good use.
Have fun!

That's the same situation now. Tight turn, but I have a harbor freight hand truck and straps. After moving my Amazing Spider Man (Wide body) cabinet without detaching the head, I feel confident moving Deadpool.

Yeah, the weights help. This is still an unpleasant part of pinball ownership, but it's gonna look so sweet in my gameroom
Thanks for the feedback!

#2613 4 years ago
Quoted from durgee7:

That's the same situation now. Tight turn, but I have a harbor freight hand truck and straps.

We actually abandoned our appliance dolly at the turn/mid-landing. I wound up sort of deadlifting and (carefully) flipping the machine up the second set of stairs, and that went surprisingly well.

I think for our next pin we're going to order it locally with white glove service. I'm too old for this shit.

#2614 4 years ago

Well holy shit. What a night of Deadpool. Game was kicking my ass all night as I tried to get to Sauron, sinister, or Megakradalodonus. Then, on about game #10, I light Sauron > hit the Snikt for 2x and start Sauron. Coming out of Sauron mb, I hit the Snikt for 3x and start mech suit mb. With 3x about to expire, I get it to 4x, then 5x, then add a ball! And it was all over from there. Didn’t even play one quest haha.

What a freaking crazy ass rush! Snikt for life baby!
CDCED44E-4B78-4D0C-B560-ED3DEDF3D8B2 (resized).jpegCDCED44E-4B78-4D0C-B560-ED3DEDF3D8B2 (resized).jpeg

#2615 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Well holy shit. What a night of Deadpool. Game was kicking my ass all night as I tried to get to Sauron, sinister, or Megakradalodonus. Then, on about game #10, I light Sauron > hit the Snikt for 2x and start Sauron. Coming out of Sauron mb, I hit the Snikt for 3x and start mech suit mb. With 3x about to expire, I get it to 4x, then 5x, then add a ball! And it was all over from there. Didn’t even play one quest haha.
What a freaking crazy ass rush! Snikt for life baby!
[quoted image]

That's nuts. What's crazy to me is you are getting scores like this with only 110 plays on you machine. I think I have over 700 on mine and still have hit a billion! Nicely done! To be fair to myself though, I've only really been playing pinball on a regular basis for about 6 months. Still a ton to learn.

#2616 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Pinball browser, export the audio from the Deadpool rom.

Would any of you wonderful, sharing and helpful Pinside pinball browser experts like to save me hours and hours of effort in trying to learn that and just rip that audio file and email it to me

#2617 4 years ago

Jajajajaja....I also want..

#2618 4 years ago

Owners, how are your playfields holding up? Seeing a Ghostbusters that’s in rough shape locally and a Deadpool with 125 plays and big craters has me worried. I really want this pin though. It's #1 on my list.

#2619 4 years ago

I did two things that really smoothed out my game today. I've been getting really frustrated with the dazzlee shot lately. Shots jamming up in the spinner and the spinner just not spinning as well as I remembered it in general. Started to investigate and noticed that the spinner bracket was loose. Tightened up the screws and it felt sturdy. The other thing I did was the smallest of drop of super lube on the spinner brackets and where the spinner touches the switch. WHOOOO! Spinner game is on point now! Before I was only getting the disco mb maybe every 20 games, now it comes with ease!

Also, I don't know if anyone does this but there is a really easy way to cheese the Sabretooth battle. This is totally lazy but it works. Get your ball locked in the mini Deadpool then start the Sabretooth battle. Release the ball from the lock and let both balls drain. When they auto launch they go into the poppers and wreck Sabre tooth. Battle over. Sometimes you have to let them drain twice while the ball save is on.

#2620 4 years ago

If Eskaybee gets into a game, look out. Monster scores are coming.

#2621 4 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

Would any of you wonderful, sharing and helpful Pinside pinball browser experts like to save me hours and hours of effort in trying to learn that and just rip that audio file and email it to me

I have pinball browser, but dont use it very often. I have licensed it a couple times so i can export/import songs and sounds to my liking. However, my license is old or not working - i havent used it in a long time so i gotta do some research and get up to date with the latest pb software and buy another license. So give me a bit on this...

That said; if anyone does have a licensed copy of pinball browser. I played with the sounds and the mech suit call outs are on:
Req 335: Mech Suit Multiball
Req 666: Mech Suit Jackpot
Req 667: Mech Suit Super Jackpot

Quoted from Flipnaught:

I did two things that really smoothed out my game today. I've been getting really frustrated with the dazzlee shot lately. Shots jamming up in the spinner and the spinner just not spinning as well as I remembered it in general. Started to investigate and noticed that the spinner bracket was loose. Tightened up the screws and it felt sturdy. The other thing I did was the smallest of drop of super lube on the spinner brackets and where the spinner touches the switch. WHOOOO! Spinner game is on point now! Before I was only getting the disco mb maybe every 20 games, now it comes with ease!
Also, I don't know if anyone does this but there is a really easy way to cheese the Sabretooth battle. This is totally lazy but it works. Get your ball locked in the mini Deadpool then start the Sabretooth battle. Release the ball from the lock and let both balls drain. When they auto launch they go into the poppers and wreck Sabre tooth. Battle over. Sometimes you have to let them drain twice while the ball save is on.

Disco mb every 20 games? Hey now, who's the playa now? 110 plays in and ive only gotten there twice lol

Quoted from chuckwurt:

If eskaybee gets into a game, look out. Monster scores are coming.

#2622 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Disco mb every 20 games? Hey now, who's the playa now? 110 plays in and ive only gotten there twice lol

Now that I find hard to believe!

I have like 900+ games logged now. I can't stop playing. Like I keep saying, 1 billion club is in my sights. I'll get there eventually lol.

#2623 4 years ago

Deadpool plays great! Also, the move upstairs was way easier than Gottlieb ASM. I found a loose piece. Does anyone know where it goes on the machine?

Thanks!

20190430_212440 (resized).jpg20190430_212440 (resized).jpg20190430_212543 (resized).jpg20190430_212543 (resized).jpg20190430_213746 (resized).jpg20190430_213746 (resized).jpg
#2625 4 years ago
Quoted from durgee7:

Deadpool plays great! Also, the move upstairs was way easier than Gottlieb ASM. I found a loose piece. Does anyone know where it goes on the machine?
Thanks!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

coin-mech-screws (resized).jpgcoin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
#2626 4 years ago

Got my node replacement today and I’m past the two hour mark and I’m still running knock on wood. So much fun, was a long week not having it up and running.

#2627 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If eskaybee gets into a game, look out. Monster scores are coming.

No kidding. His GOT scores are legendary.

#2628 4 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

No kidding. His GOT scores are legendary.

With just one bug exploit and a little practice, yours can be too!

#2629 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Got my node replacement today and I’m past the two hour mark and I’m still running knock on wood. So much fun, was a long week not having it up and running.

Awesome news!!

Quoted from PinMonk:

With just one bug exploit and a little practice, yours can be too!

Muahaha.....you also need a baby in one of your arms to pull it off

#2630 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Awesome news!!

Muahaha.....you also need a baby in one of your arms to pull it off

I guess you can spend the 9 months while the baby's in production to practice so you're ready to rock the exploit when the baby shows. That's a lot of work and a lifelong committment for a score, though.

#2631 4 years ago

Anybody care to point out what the snikt shot is?

#2632 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Anybody care to point out what the snikt shot is?

Just to the right of the top spinner, and to the left of the top pop bumper, there's a stand up target at an angle. If you hit that hard enough and at the right angle, it will deflect up the ramp into the Katana. If you look at the target, "snikt" is printed on it.

snikt.jpgsnikt.jpg
#2634 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

[quoted image]

Thanks, Guys!

#2635 4 years ago

I want to make this my next pin. Struggling on deciding between the Pro and Premium. I have played the Pro several times but have not been able to find a Premium to play.

#2636 4 years ago

I played this at an arcade and really enjoyed it. In fact everything I've sampled from Stern lately has been really good. I'm too old to understand the theme but I know a great pin when I play it. Congrats owners! I may just add this to my collection.

#2637 4 years ago

Premium on the way! Looking forward to those Disco loops.

#2638 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I want to make this my next pin. Struggling on deciding between the Pro and Premium. I have played the Pro several times but have not been able to find a Premium to play.

It’s all about that loop return to the right flipper. It adds another satisfying shot to the arsenal of satisfying shots this game offers. Keep in mind though, the unique layout is A-Typical Gomez Klunk-Flow. The shots in DP do not flow like a Steve Ritchie butter smooth game. But hot damn do these shots feel good. Every one of them! I couldn’t imagine playing the game without the left loop return especially for disco loops and multiballs; but there are plenty of other satisfying shots in the game that still makes the pro a good buy.

Drop targets: I own ACDC pro - I’ve owned ACDC prem in the past and i just really enjoy the standups and how they play Than the premium. I thought I wouldn’t care about the drops in DP Prem for that reason, but man their placement and the rules for them surprised me on how much i enjoy them.

For me; getting the extra flow was worth it. The drops are icing on the cake. Disco ball is another cool addition especially for disco multiball. But all in all, it really comes down to whether you want the flow of that left loop or not. It feels dam good hitting it.

That all said - playing devils advocate; i have not played a pro since code 1.0. I played a couple different pro’s and even a premium on early software and just didn’t like the game. I appreciate it a whole lot more now at v1.0.0 so i’d Be curious to try a pro now and see how i felt.

#2639 4 years ago

I cant play DP without the disco loop of the premium. Its so satisfying ! If you dont have it, you cant understand how it is so good !!

DP is the best pinball actually for me... For a very good pinball, a premium is a minimum

#2640 4 years ago

So you're saying it comes down to flow!

I agree. The Premium is going to be my choice when I finally pull the trigger.

#2641 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

It’s all about that loop return to the right flipper. It adds another satisfying shot to the arsenal of satisfying shots this game offers. Keep in mind though, the unique layout is A-Typical Gomez Klunk-Flow. The shots in DP do not flow like a Steve Ritchie butter smooth game. But hot damn do these shots feel good. Every one of them! I couldn’t imagine playing the game without the left loop return especially for disco loops and multiballs;

For me; getting the extra flow was worth it. The drops are icing on the cake. Disco ball is another cool addition especially for disco multiball. But all in all, it really comes down to whether you want the flow of that left loop or not. It feels dam good hitting it.

Agreed.

You and I had become strong supporters of buying pros in the last few years. But on this one, I just can't give up *any* of the super satisfying shots that the Premium/LE has. If it was just the Disco ball, I could easily give that up to go with the pro.

Some of the shots that are satisfying but can also be klunky on DP remind me of similar shots on LOTR like the Ring shot, with similar adrenaline/frustration of hitting it to Destroy the Ring. I tend to love most Gomez designs, despite not flowing as smoothly as Ritchie games (my SW shoots as smooth as butter).

Once I made the decision that the Premium was worth the price over the pro, it was even easier for me to justify the price of the LE over the Premium for all the extras (a sweet powder coat on the armor, anti-glare glass, upgraded speakers, mirrored backglass, shaker motor, etc.).

DP LE incoming.

#2642 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

DP LE incoming

are there still DPLE's available?

#2643 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

are there still DPLE's available?

I know of 1. I'm contemplating but I really like the Premium art better. Getting deal on a shaker and PDI. I don't care about speakers, art blades, pseudo-mirror backglass, etc, so it's hard for me to justify $1300 more than I'll be shelling out for the premium w/mods.

#2644 4 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I know of 1. I'm contemplating but I really like the Premium art better. Getting deal on a shaker and PDI. I don't care about speakers, art blades, pseudo-mirror backglass, etc, so it's hard for me to justify $1300 more than I'll be shelling out for the premium w/mods.

We went with a Premium and installed the Pro translite. Best of all worlds.

#2645 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Once I made the decision that the Premium was worth the price over the pro, it was even easier for me to justify the price of the LE over the Premium for all the extras (a sweet powder coat on the armor, anti-glare glass, upgraded speakers, mirrored backglass, shaker motor, etc.).

DP LE incoming.

Made the same decision for the same reason. Don't forget to send in to get your vinyl soundtrack

#2646 4 years ago

Could have swore I saw somebody post a "service bulliton" about bending katana ramp exit shot but can't seem to find it now. Can anyone enlighten me?

#2647 4 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

Could have swore I saw somebody post a "service bulliton" about bending katana ramp exit shot but can't seem to find it now. Can anyone enlighten me?

Not a service bulletin, but here’s a link to what you are talking about. I believe Stern told him to fix like this.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-elses-opinion-changed-on-deadpool#post-4891205

Personally, I would play with your pitch first. NimblePin Told me he spoke with George Gomez who recommended A 7° pitch. He landed his LE at 7.2°. I set my premium up to 7.2° also and it’s been great. There are times when I think I can tweak it better, but it plays so good right now that When I miss happens it really doesn’t bother me because it’s rare. Hope this helps.

#2648 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Agreed.
You and I had become strong supporters of buying pros in the last few years. But on this one, I just can't give up *any* of the super satisfying shots that the Premium/LE has. If it was just the Disco ball, I could easily give that up to go with the pro.
Some of the shots that are satisfying but can also be klunky on DP remind me of similar shots on LOTR like the Ring shot, with similar adrenaline/frustration of hitting it to Destroy the Ring. I tend to love most Gomez designs, despite not flowing as smoothly as Ritchie games (my SW shoots as smooth as butter).
DP LE incoming.

Great choice! I got my LE in a trade and it’s absolutely a thing pf beauty. The sparkled powder coating on the armour to match the disco ball (I assume) is so bad ass. I haven’t done an A/B with a pro or premium on the sound but it’s easily the best sound on any game i’ve had.

#2649 4 years ago

Chisox,welcome to the club!! On our LEs ,we have a bigger amp package than the PRes! Also more watts to the bigger speakers!! Inst!ant hookup to Sterns Headphone mod,and on the LEs there is a hookup for a powered sub! Play with the bass and treble settings and you'll be surprised at the fullness of the callouts!

#2650 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

George Gomez who recommended A 7° pitch. He landed his LE at 7.2°. I set my premium up to 7.2° also and it’s been great.

Don't be afraid to try lower pitches too though. I settled on 6.8ish after running the gamut from 6.5 to around 7.3. Any higher than 6.8 and my slings get out of hand and send it into the outanes instantly among other gripes with certain shots. Just have to find what works best for your machine.

Mine also improved greatly after replacing the factory stern balls. The ones from stern bounced all over the damn place. Not to mention the factory balls had dents the size of a crater on the moon after a couple hundred plays. Looks like someone took a ball peen hammer to them. Air balls like crazy and completely unpredictable. Went with silver jets and couldn't be happier. They have been holding up really well and move around really smoothly on the playfield, no air balls, no bouncing, no crazy crap. Just smooth.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinsburg, WV
Machine - For Sale
Bryn Athyn, PA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rochester, NH
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/53?hl=6point5degrees and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.