(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,264 posts
  • 1,090 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by mIkea
  • Topic is favorited by 555 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg
dp27 (resized).jpg
dp16 (resized).jpg
IMG_2260 (resized).jpg
IMG_2259 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,264 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 326.
#2501 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I usually email Chas ([email protected]) and cc my distributor and tell them the problem. 9 times out of 10 Chas asks me for my game's serial number and shipping address, verifies it, then he sends me the replacement part. Fairly trouble free.

Quoted from PinMonk:

I would have just contacted Stern directly. Best results in general. Your distributor sounds kind of crappy though. Why don't they go out of pocket for a $5 switch to keep a customer happy? Who are they?

Perhaps another example of me not being familiar with the pinball industry. In my experience the distributor is the preferred point of contact by design, and the manufacturer wants nothing to do with the end user.

Game Room Guys sold me my machine.

#2502 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did you get your Premium?

Not yet, but it is ordered and on its way! I've been procrastinating on apron cards for all my games, ordering DP has got me researching them for all my machines. For some reason, i remember getting apron cards for games i owned in the past much easier.

#2503 4 years ago

Dam they’re quick, just showed up!

Hopefully no issues but shipment looks good so far.

48DBA82B-239E-4E74-9983-7577D5B74EEA (resized).jpeg48DBA82B-239E-4E74-9983-7577D5B74EEA (resized).jpegFAB8AB27-3EB0-42E5-A0C2-84D0A4DAC9E4 (resized).jpegFAB8AB27-3EB0-42E5-A0C2-84D0A4DAC9E4 (resized).jpeg
#2504 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Dam they’re quick, just showed up!
Hopefully no issues but shipment looks good so far. [quoted image][quoted image]

Yes!!!! I just waxed my dp the other day.....more I play it, the more I just love that game!

bf0fd282fe8d80993c52e670ab1720f9--deadpool-tumblr-deadpool-funny (resized).jpgbf0fd282fe8d80993c52e670ab1720f9--deadpool-tumblr-deadpool-funny (resized).jpg
#2505 4 years ago

This is awesome just got mine today less than 20 plays and now it’s says node 9 not found. Nothing in the back area works and one ball is still stuck in the katana. What do I do? Haha

#2506 4 years ago

Check plugs/connections.

#2507 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

This is awesome just got mine today less than 20 plays and now it’s says node 9 not found. Nothing in the back area works and one ball is still stuck in the katana. What do I do? Haha

Would start by popping up the play field, and inspect and maybe re-seat cabling one at a time to all node boards..

#2508 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/Deadpool_LE_Pre_web.pdf - Page 11
Looks like Node 9 has a direct connection to the CPU Node in the backbox, so you may need to inspect that connection there as well..

#2509 4 years ago

Ya reseated everything, and nothing. I’m so fucked my wife comes home in an hour and finds a broken game after dropping over 5 grand. Haha gonna be so fun

#2510 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Ya reseated everything, and nothing. I’m so fucked my wife comes home in an hour and finds a broken game after dropping over 5 grand. Haha gonna be so fun

Well since you are gonna be in deep trouble, might as well order your 3rd game now!

But one more thing to check, is the dip switch settings on the node boards.. I think in one of the game menus should say what the setting should be per board.

This may help as well:
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Deadpool_Pro_web.pdf -> page 9

Altho seems unlikely that gameplay would cause one of those dip switches to alter..

If you cannot make sense of that table, or still have problems.. Call Stern in the morning, or your distributor, they can help determine if it is a bad node board or some other issue.. I had a couple bad node boards on/close to arrival, and a sound problem on a cpu board on other games. Stern got new ones to me within a couple days, then have had no problems since then...

#2511 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

I feel ya, man. I'm in that same boat right now.

#2512 4 years ago

Now I’m really confused per the manual it says node 9 has two data plugs. Mine has one going to node 8. The one from the cpu is going to 8 now instead of 9.

779E0139-E0BF-4BCF-94B3-325777558532 (resized).jpeg779E0139-E0BF-4BCF-94B3-325777558532 (resized).jpeg
#2513 4 years ago

Make sure when you’re reseating connectors the power is off. Hopefully It is a connector. Otherwise stern will get your back. Email Chas at stern and your distributor.

#2514 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Now I’m really confused per the manual it says node 9 has two data plugs. Mine has one going to node 8. The one from the cpu is going to 8 now instead of 9.
[quoted image]

Yeah the one missing is the one that runs all the way to the back box, look inside / bottom of your cabinet for a long black cable..

#2515 4 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

Yeah the one missing is the one that runs all the way to the back box, look inside / bottom of your cabinet for a long black cable..

The one from the backbox goes directly to node 8. Then from 8 one goes down to 9 like in the picture. Anyone have a pic of how they have there’s wired up?

#2516 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

The one from the backbox goes directly to node 8. Then from 8 one goes down to 9 like in the picture. Anyone have a pic of how they have there’s wired up?

Here’s some pics of mine

3B5D95A1-3653-462C-99EB-BB7F257CE5BC (resized).jpeg3B5D95A1-3653-462C-99EB-BB7F257CE5BC (resized).jpegC1A2324D-165B-47CE-8D2B-C5D8C0258266 (resized).jpegC1A2324D-165B-47CE-8D2B-C5D8C0258266 (resized).jpeg
#2517 4 years ago

This cable goes to the board by the flippers

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2518 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

So, looks like a cable fell off?

#2519 4 years ago

You can see it runs in this wire loom

#2520 4 years ago

I had a Deadpool and sold it for a Munsters. Looks like my Munsters is getting traded next week for a Deadpool. I missed this game!

#2521 4 years ago

Just in case you need it, here’s inside the back box too.

Hope you get her up and running.

I just told my wife I was gonna go take pictures of DP her first response was “your not allowed to sell it!”
I hope your wife enjoys Deadpool as much as mine.

#2522 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So, looks like a cable fell off?

no i have the cable from the backbox going to 8 instead of 9 like in the pic above. wonder if i just cut the zip ties and wire it like that will it work?

#2523 4 years ago

Here is mine backbox to 8 then out to 9 down below.

7B642244-670E-48EC-A5AC-770ED28DEDA0 (resized).jpeg7B642244-670E-48EC-A5AC-770ED28DEDA0 (resized).jpegD56B168A-628F-40BE-94EA-D5C75D306BEE (resized).jpegD56B168A-628F-40BE-94EA-D5C75D306BEE (resized).jpeg
#2524 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Here is mine backbox to 8 then out to 9 down below.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I wonder if it matters. On mine the top port on 9 goes to the backbox. My top port on node 8 is empty. The diagram in the manual shows the connection backbox to node 9 ...

tempFileForShare_20190423-230153 (resized).jpgtempFileForShare_20190423-230153 (resized).jpg
#2525 4 years ago

Ya this node is probably dead only a single red light is lit. Wired it up like the manual and the above picture and same results. Thanks for the help tho. Will update later

#2526 4 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

I wonder if it matters. On mine the top port on 9 goes to the backbox. My top port on node 8 is empty. The diagram in the manual shows the connection backbox to node 9 ...[quoted image]

Ya mine is backwards for some reason. It was working fine tho. Wonder if they wired it up wrong and that’s why it took a dump.

#2527 4 years ago
Quoted from StoneyFL:

Game Room Guys sold me my machine.

Ugh. At least I'm not surprised. I was afraid you were going to spit out the name of a "good" distributor. I had two bad experiences with GrG, and that was that. Never again.

#2528 4 years ago

All I gotta say is what a bad ass game! Snikt shot might be my new favorite shot in pinball even though I only have about a 5% success rate hahaha.

Loving the premium features so far, but had to go with the pro translite.

A733B98E-EC9A-4BC8-B8B5-13CD179A443F (resized).jpegA733B98E-EC9A-4BC8-B8B5-13CD179A443F (resized).jpegEB4CF449-3147-4E64-B908-78C5BBC9BA68 (resized).jpegEB4CF449-3147-4E64-B908-78C5BBC9BA68 (resized).jpeg89519F76-E01B-4517-94FD-04CE7C0D75B6 (resized).jpeg89519F76-E01B-4517-94FD-04CE7C0D75B6 (resized).jpeg9FD12E72-EB93-48E0-97E1-F7FE8DCDED4F (resized).jpeg9FD12E72-EB93-48E0-97E1-F7FE8DCDED4F (resized).jpeg
#2529 4 years ago

Hey all! Anyone know where to find replacement plastics? Can’t seem to find them anywhere ‍♀️

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2530 4 years ago

anyone has slingshot plastic protectors?

#2531 4 years ago

Hey guys! I'm wondering how long some of you waited to receive your new DP Pro from Stern once an order was placed through a local vendor. I placed an order through a reputable SC vendor since I'm in NC and it's been a week with zero notifications. I guess the vendor is waiting for Stern to send a tracking number. Thanks!

#2532 4 years ago
Quoted from durgee7:

Hey guys! I'm wondering how long some of you waited to receive your new DP Pro from Stern once an order was placed through a local vendor. I placed an order through a reputable SC vendor since I'm in NC and it's been a week with zero notifications. I guess the vendor is waiting for Stern to send a tracking number. Thanks!

Nearly three month.......I don't think Stern has any more Pro built for delivery, thats what they told me.

#2533 4 years ago

For those who have been playing since early code...

Anyone else struggling now to get team ups? I used to start battles with a Wolverine and one of the orbits just by flailing...now I'm cancelling out of a battle or two just waiting to get a helper.

A typical game last night:
Ball 1 mostly wasted, defeated Jugg with Colossus and spent the Lil DP Multiball. Drain at about 70M.
Ball 2 triggers Ninja and Disco multiballs, probably a katanarama, definitely extra ball, but no battles. Long ball, draining out at the 400M mark or so.
Extra Ball I trigger a battle, disappointed that my only teamup is an orbit. Take T-Rex instead, drain out in that fight after a bad fall out of the Lil DP target
Ball 3 finishing up T Rex, Mechsuit Multiball, draining out at 700M or so.

I'm guessing the teamups just don't progress during all of the modes that are running for me mid-game. It's like early code was all battles, and now the code over corrected onto the side of only modes. Anyone else feeling this?

I miss my easy Mystique battles!!

#2534 4 years ago
Quoted from durgee7:

Quoted from Returner:

Nearly three month.......I don't think Stern has any more Pro built for delivery, thats what they told me.

I ordered mine on Monday April 8th through a local vendor and it showed up at their store 2 days later on the 10th.

#2535 4 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

Anyone else struggling now to get team ups? I used to start battles with a Wolverine and one of the orbits just by flailing...now I'm cancelling out of a battle or two just waiting to get a helper.
A typical game last night:
Ball 1 mostly wasted, defeated Jugg with Colossus and spent the Lil DP Multiball. Drain at about 70M.
Ball 2 triggers Ninja and Disco multiballs, probably a katanarama, definitely extra ball, but no battles. Long ball, draining out at the 400M mark or so.
Extra Ball I trigger a battle, disappointed that my only teamup is an orbit. Take T-Rex instead, drain out in that fight after a bad fall out of the Lil DP target
Ball 3 finishing up T Rex, Mechsuit Multiball, draining out at 700M or so.
I'm guessing the teamups just don't progress during all of the modes that are running for me mid-game. It's like early code was all battles, and now the code over corrected onto the side of only modes. Anyone else feeling this?
I miss my easy Mystique battles!!

You're doing better than me score wise! I don't find the team ups too terribly difficult though. Hit the team up shot twice and it's ready. The team up ends once you complete the battle then you have to earn it again. I've only been playing on pretty recent code though so I don't know what it used to be like.

#2536 4 years ago

Interesting responses. Vendor said there was one available at the Chicago warehouse, and they're waiting for the tracking number before sending me the details. This was last Wednesday (April 17).

#2537 4 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

I think on startup you need to hit loops/teamup shot twice to qualify them. But only if you are not in any of the modes (maybe this is a change in later code ?). Occasionally a random shot hits the scoop really early, and I consider cancelling the battle, but normally just fight saber tooth if this happens.. Also, if you have mech suit waiting for you, the team ups may clear, and you might not be able to qualify them at all, later maybe ill try and watch for that..

After completing those battles, and moving to level 2 of the battles I think it gets harder to qualify the team ups, maybe 3+ shots ?

#2538 4 years ago

Question for those more experienced on the Spike System then me. Was wondering how to do a error report onto a flash drive? Is it an audit dump?

Wife and I was playing a game last night (2 player), was on ball 2 I think of the first player, battling Sabertooth and had one ball locked in little Deadpool waiting for release and the DP screen froze up, along with sounds. Flippers continued to work for about 5 seconds then the whole machine shut down and restarted.

Power supply fluke or game bug?

Figured I'd run an error report when I figured out how to so I could send it to Stern.

Thanks guys.

#2539 4 years ago

Need to clarify the DP Pro order process. After contacting Stern, they said the vendor likely has a warehouse in Chicago that stores some of their games (based on vendor's comment to me about having one left in the warehouse). I misunderstood, and assumed the vendor purchased from Stern's warehouse immediately after placing my order. The question is how long this particular SC vendor will take to deliver. Thanks to all who responded to my question above.

#2540 4 years ago
Quoted from durgee7:

Need to clarify the DP Pro order process. After contacting Stern, they said the vendor likely has a warehouse in Chicago that stores some of their games (based on vendor's comment to me about having one left in the warehouse). I misunderstood, and assumed the vendor purchased from Stern's warehouse immediately after placing my order. The question is how long this particular SC vendor will take to deliver. Thanks to all who responded to my question above.

Can't speak to your specific vendor, but generally if someone has it in stock they will get it out pretty quick. The only one who can really answer is your vendor. If they keep giving you the runaround it most likely means they never had it in stock to begin with. In that case best option would be to cancel and buy from someone who actually has it in stock.

#2541 4 years ago

Spoke with Chas this morning about how mine was wired. He said it doesn’t matter which node gets the plug from the cpu which is good to hear at least. Now I wait to get a replacement, sucks over 5 grand for a machine that lasted 2 hours.

#2542 4 years ago

Marco is the vendor. They have been nothing but helpful, providing excellent customer service. I just got off the phone with a Marco rep and they said they're still waiting for the machine to ship from the Chicago warehouse. I asked for an estimate on when they would ship from Chicago, and the Marco rep said likely this week. Not sure what to think, but Marco has been good to me so far.

#2543 4 years ago
Quoted from jeep-mustang:

Question for those more experienced on the Spike System then me. Was wondering how to do a error report onto a flash drive? Is it an audit dump?
Wife and I was playing a game last night (2 player), was on ball 2 I think of the first player, battling Sabertooth and had one ball locked in little Deadpool waiting for release and the DP screen froze up, along with sounds. Flippers continued to work for about 5 seconds then the whole machine shut down and restarted.
Power supply fluke or game bug?
Figured I'd run an error report when I figured out how to so I could send it to Stern.
Thanks guys.

Sounds like a software glitch, since the Spike power supply problem only rears it's ugly head when a lot is going on (usually multiball) and the power supply can't quite handle it, dropping a smidge low and triggering a reset. But supposedly the system software was changed to address this.

#2544 4 years ago

Broke my first billion tonight, all the way to 2.7 billion!

3EEAF0FF-EBD0-4675-8B77-BDB70EA7C564 (resized).jpeg3EEAF0FF-EBD0-4675-8B77-BDB70EA7C564 (resized).jpeg
#2545 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

All I gotta say is what a bad ass game! Snikt shot might be my new favorite shot in pinball even though I only have about a 5% success rate hahaha.
Loving the premium features so far, but had to go with the pro translite. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice, I need to get a Pro translite for mine.

#2546 4 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

$70 at pinball life, special order.

#2547 4 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Me too.....

#2548 4 years ago
Quoted from pinhacker71:

Here’s the “ribbing” on mine. Stern seems to think it is acceptable. They have not responded to any emails. Doesn’t affect gameplay but bothers me.
[quoted image]

Which model Deadpool is yours? I have a LE and the play field is glass smooth still. Machine is number 006. Manufactured Sep 10. Been set up since January 4th. Played home use regularly since. Maybe Stern put extra effort with quality control making sure everything was perfect at the start of production. Just a thought.

IMG_9758 (resized).JPGIMG_9758 (resized).JPGIMG_9759 (resized).JPGIMG_9759 (resized).JPG
#2549 4 years ago

I’ve got a premium

#2550 4 years ago

I looked at a premium this week with 150ish plays and it looked like it had over 1000. It's disappointing since I want this pin but new Stern play fields are disappointing.

My TSPP is fantastic still after thousands of plays.

IMG_4824 (resized).JPGIMG_4824 (resized).JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Belmont, MI
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 64.99
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 16,264 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/51?hl=gumby510 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.