(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,295 posts
  • 1,092 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by Magicman
  • Topic is favorited by 557 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240422_042849~2 (resized).jpg
20240420_214553 (resized).jpg
20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 326.
#2451 5 years ago

From left flipper cradle, what percentage would you throw out that you successfully land the kitana shot? And from right cradle (or fast shot) what percentage would you throw out that you hit a successful dp/col shot? I'm getting a lot of bounce back from do/col shot and a lot of short shots on kitana ramp. I'm at 6.6 and have also tried 6.8. I can usually hit katana ramp on the fly but not from cradle.......but also I suck at pinball.

#2452 5 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Many Sterns and CPR playfields have been this way for years now. Not all of them mind you, but a lot. Seems to be the luck of the draw anymore.

It's MUCH more prevalent on Sterns now. MUCH. And before they used to give you a replacement. Now you get an "as designed" line and no replacement. More Stern cost-cutting, this time on PF wood and prep comes home to roost. At least the craters will eventually make it less the focus of attention...

#2453 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's MUCH more prevalent on Sterns now. MUCH. And before they used to give you a replacement. Now you get an "as designed" line and no replacement. More Stern cost-cutting, this time on PF wood and prep comes home to roost. At least the craters will eventually make it less the focus of attention...

Truth, Monk. Truth.

#2454 5 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

From left flipper cradle, what percentage would you throw out that you successfully land the kitana shot? And from right cradle (or fast shot) what percentage would you throw out that you hit a successful dp/col shot? I'm getting a lot of bounce back from do/col shot and a lot of short shots on kitana ramp. I'm at 6.6 and have also tried 6.8. I can usually hit katana ramp on the fly but not from cradle.......but also I suck at pinball.

Key to the Katana ramp is hitting the right side of the entrance. If you hit the middle of or left part of the entrance it will never go up the ramp as it changes the angle as it hits the back part of the curve instead of gliding along it.

#2455 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I guess we have been lucky. We have bought 6 NIB Sterns over the last couple of years and haven't gotten a 'ribbed' playfield. I have known people that have though.

That said, I have 2 CPR playfields that are ribbed.

#2456 5 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I guess we have been lucky. We have bought 6 NIB Sterns over the last couple of years and haven't gotten a 'ribbed' playfield. I have known people that have though.

We only have one on the route like that, and we get most every new Stern in at least for a while. But the number of people losing the Stern lottery are way up (and Stern's new stance on some pretty ugly examples is "as designed" now), so I can only assume that it's become more prevalent.

#2457 5 years ago

Does Stern build their LEs to be more solid than their pros and premiums? This is my first LE and this thing feels like it’s made by JJP. I have a GOT and MET which I’m afraid to give a good nudge and have owned other Stern pros and premiums but this one feels different. Just upgraded the code and added a sub by the way and holy shitballs!

#2458 5 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Does Stern build their LEs to be more solid than their pros and premiums? This is my first LE and this thing feels like it’s made by JJP. I have a GOT and MET which I’m afraid to give a good nudge and have owned other Stern pros and premiums but this one feels different. Just upgraded the code and added a sub by the way and holy shitballs!

They've reinforced all their cabs since they started splitting once they cheaped out on the cabinet wood. But you're probably just feeling the weight difference between a fuller LE and a relatively mech-light Pro.

#2459 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They've reinforced all their cabs since they started splitting once they cheaped out on the cabinet wood. But you're probably just feeling the weight difference between a fuller LE and a relatively mech-light Pro.

Interesting thanks. I love the games Stern has been pumping out but some of their cost cutting measures are pretty ridiculous, as has been debated ad nauseum in other threads so I’ll just say the mutiball with the robot “jackpot” callout is already one of my all time favorites.

#2460 5 years ago

Katana ramp like Schnikt shot and collosus loop are all your typical Gomez affair shots... you need to be precise with them... which I love. Pitch does Jack shit to change the effectiveness of the katana shot. Hit it in the sweet spot and it works. Gomez once again proves why he is the best designer still at Stern... unique and challenging. I wish he did more these days.

#2461 5 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Interesting thanks. I love the games Stern has been pumping out but some of their cost cutting measures are pretty ridiculous, as has been debated ad nauseum in other threads so I’ll just say the mutiball with the robot “jackpot” callout is already one of my all time favorites.

Yeah, I like that and the defender FX and the vintage TV music effect(s).

#2462 5 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Many Sterns and CPR playfields have been this way for years now. Not all of them mind you, but a lot. Seems to be the luck of the draw anymore.

don't forget CGC!

#2463 5 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

very lucky, all the LCD games I've bough, IMDN, GOTG, B66 and DP have it. It's shite.

#2464 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

very lucky, all the LCD games I've bough, IMDN, GOTG, B66 and DP have it. It's shite.

I wonder if that has to do with the sea air while they're being shipped or the fact that overseas are run first and get the "less practiced" early playfields.

#2465 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I wonder if that has to do with the sea air while they're being shipped or the fact that overseas are run first and get the "less practiced" early playfields.

Could be temperature related I doubt its warm on that voyage. but we definitely in the UK don't get the first run anymore. Stern seems to focus on the US market first now and then goes to Europe. Which is a little annoying given they used to launch the game world wide, Now we get to watch you guys play the new games for about 6 weeks before we see them.

#2466 5 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Starting with I think Maiden they started using the more solid W/B style leg brackets instead of the flimsy Data East style ones.

#2467 5 years ago
Quoted from tonedef131:

Starting with I think Maiden they started using the more solid W/B style leg brackets instead of the flimsy Data East style ones.

Half-size. They're B/W style, but much shorter, less surface area. And at least the original run of Maiden Pros did NOT have them.

#2468 5 years ago

Has anyone created a sound mod for this game yet on the R-rated speech or little deadpool? Thinking about picking one up and that would help my decision a little.

#2469 5 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Has anyone created a sound mod for this game yet on the R-rated speech or little deadpool? Thinking about picking one up and that would help my decision a little.

Thought I might need something like this before getting mine. After playing it, I really don't think it’s lacking anything in the callout dept and not sure it would benefit from rated-R... but I’m open to having my mind changed if a good option comes along. But I definitely wouldn’t let this be the only reason you don’t get one. One of the best games out there today for sure!!

#2470 5 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Went out to take a look at my Deadpool on location as I got a message last night that the scoop wasn't registering. Lifted the playfield and saw a wire broke off the switch. I thought "Cool! I'll just solder that thing back on and get out of here". Ahhhh...NOPE! The entire lug broke off right flush with the switch body. I've never seen something like that. Ever.

Ugh. This exact same thing just happened to me today after only a couple months of play on our home DP. I guess I'll see if they can send me a new assembly or something.

#2471 5 years ago

The Katana on my premium Deadpool stopped catching the balls as they came through. The Machine obviously knows it is going through there since it still counts them on the screen and gives me the ninja multi ball at the proper time. However, no balls ever stop where they should. Has anyone seen this? Thank you for any suggestions

#2472 5 years ago
Quoted from tee-eye:

The Katana on my premium Deadpool stopped catching the balls as they came through. The Machine obviously knows it is going through there since it still counts them on the screen and gives me the ninja multi ball at the proper time. However, no balls ever stop where they should. Has anyone seen this? Thank you for any suggestions

Maybe check your machines settings? I think there is an option for a "virtual" ball lock. It keeps tracks of how many balls you've locked but does not physically capture them. Maybe that setting got inadvertently turned on? Either that or the mechanism that moves the lock post has failed.

#2473 5 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Went out to take a look at my Deadpool on location as I got a message last night that the scoop wasn't registering. Lifted the playfield and saw a wire broke off the switch. I thought "Cool! I'll just solder that thing back on and get out of here". Ahhhh...NOPE! The entire lug broke off right flush with the switch body. I've never seen something like that. Ever. Especially on a game that I've not even had for 2 months.

This exact thing happened to me on my home machine that's only a couple months old. This is my first pin, and I've never worked on one before, so I just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing here. I've attached a picture of the removed assembly. It looks like the middle lug (which is broken off) is where the green wire should go, and the upper lug is not used. Is that correct?

So it looks like I need to order Part #180-5209-00 and then solder it up. Are there any other tricks to get this working in the meantime? I expect the order will take a week or so.

Kind of annoying that this happened, especially on an almost new home machine.

Thanks for any insight from you pros!

2019-04-22 08.48.36 (resized).jpg2019-04-22 08.48.36 (resized).jpg
#2474 5 years ago
Quoted from StoneyFL:

This exact thing happened to me on my home machine that's only a couple months old. This is my first pin, and I've never worked on one before, so I just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing here. I've attached a picture of the removed assembly. It looks like the middle lug (which is broken off) is where the green wire should go, and the upper lug is not used. Is that correct?
So it looks like I need to order Part #180-5209-00 and then solder it up. Are there any other tricks to get this working in the meantime? I expect the order will take a week or so.
[quoted image]

Oh man...that lug definitely screwed you by breaking off flush. Maybe if you can "dig" enough of the buried end out to solder to you could get by, but I'm not sure that will be possible. That's just bad luck. At least it should be a fairly cheap fix...just a bummer having to wait for the part.

#2475 5 years ago
Quoted from StoneyFL:

This exact thing happened to me on my home machine that's only a couple months old.

I got a call back from the distributor who sold me my Deadpool. They said the warranty was 2 months on this part, and I've had my machine for almost 3 months. They are going to do what they can, but said Stern may not cover the failed assembly. Seriously? If they don't make it right then that's shitty on about 10 different levels. It shouldn't even be a question.

If Stern doesn't do the right thing and replace the coil and vertical upkick assembly (maybe $15 their cost) which failed after less than 3 months of home use, then I'm done with Stern. It's not the money, it's the principle.

#2476 5 years ago
Quoted from StoneyFL:

I got a call back from the distributor who sold me my Deadpool. They said the warranty was 2 months on this part, and I've had my machine for almost 3 months. They are going to do what they can, but said Stern may not cover the failed assembly. Seriously? If they don't make it right then that's shitty on about 10 different levels. It shouldn't even be a question.
If Stern doesn't do the right thing and replace the coil and vertical upkick assembly (maybe $15 their cost) which failed after less than 3 months of home use, then I'm done with Stern. It's not the money, it's the principle.

I agree with that. How is the play field holding up? Is there wood grain? Dimpling?

#2477 5 years ago
Quoted from StoneyFL:

I'm done with Stern. It's not the money, it's the principle.

Until they release and SHIP_ the next amazing theme. And you are in again.

#2478 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I agree with that. How is the play field holding up? Is there wood grain? Dimpling?

Plenty of dimpling, but I think that's fairly normal. No grain, ghosting, planking or other serious PF issues so far.

Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Until they release and SHIP_ the next amazing theme. And you are in again.

Don't count on it. I'm pretty chill about most stuff, but I'm really bad about holding a grudge if I feel like there's been an injustice.

#2479 5 years ago

No doubt Deadpool is on the rise. I would argue it’s one of the most sort after games right now and there was not enough sold to go around. Someone please sell me their pro!!!

#2480 5 years ago

I did my best to salvage the sheered off hub on the vertical upkick, but no joy. I'm having serious Deadpool withdraws right now.
2019-04-22 20.33.34 (resized).jpg2019-04-22 20.33.34 (resized).jpg

#2481 5 years ago
Quoted from StoneyFL:

Ugh. This exact same thing just happened to me today after only a couple months of play on our home DP. I guess I'll see if they can send me a new assembly or something.

I had the exact same thing happen too

BFAEDC80-2E0C-48C4-9C11-65E28F47B91E (resized).jpegBFAEDC80-2E0C-48C4-9C11-65E28F47B91E (resized).jpegC3A44E58-C372-4BA3-8977-DDEC2BF371BB (resized).jpegC3A44E58-C372-4BA3-8977-DDEC2BF371BB (resized).jpeg
#2482 5 years ago
Quoted from StoneyFL:

[quoted image]

Same thing happen to me

9CF5F854-C337-49B5-A929-EE8304F2C710 (resized).jpeg9CF5F854-C337-49B5-A929-EE8304F2C710 (resized).jpeg9F45C5E4-93ED-48C4-AB1A-BFFC790DC786 (resized).jpeg9F45C5E4-93ED-48C4-AB1A-BFFC790DC786 (resized).jpeg
#2483 5 years ago

StoneyFL -- I love that holder tool!

#2484 5 years ago

For the first time... Just fought (and defeated) the Megakrakolodonus Rex!!! But got no further. Of note, the ~500M final score was less than a third of my best scores. I guess I was going for progression over points. Love this game!

#2485 5 years ago
Quoted from Borntolose:

I had the exact same thing happen too [quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, same wire/lug as the rest of us, too. Lame.

Stern should A) Take care of those of us who've been affected by this obvious defect B) Stop being penny wise and pound foolish. Saving a couple cents here and there is going to wind up doing a ton of long term damage to their brand.

Quoted from scottslash:

stoneyfl -- I love that holder tool!

Me too, it's worth its weight in gold!

#2486 5 years ago

Welp, I know I am buying extra switches on my next PBL order. Might as well be proactive about it.

#2487 5 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

No doubt Deadpool is on the rise. I would argue it’s one of the most sort after games right now and there was not enough sold to go around. Someone please sell me their pro!!!

They’re still making and selling them.

#2488 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

They’re still making and selling them.

Fully understand that, but the sales started off slow and because of that there was not the usual excess available on the secondary market as what happens with most new games.

#2489 5 years ago
Quoted from StoneyFL:

Can you explain this statement? Is it more than just the switch? I mean, I agree that this particular scoop has a bad design flaw since the one I play on location has had the switch replaced twice already. But it's a $3.95 part at Pinball life and they will have it to you in about 3 days. Even though your game is out of warranty, Stern will probably send your distributor the switch for free. And if they don't, like I said, it's just a $4 switch. Switches go bad frequently and I would order a few so you can have some spares on hand.

#2490 5 years ago

Switches go bad all the time. Hell, with my LOT I replaced the VUK fork switches a dozen times at least. Lugs don't commonly break off switches unless the switches are cheap or there's some heavy vibration in that area.

#2491 5 years ago
Quoted from scottslash:

For the first time... Just fought (and defeated) the Megakrakolodonus Rex!!! But got no further. Of note, the ~500M final score was less than a third of my best scores. I guess I was going for progression over points. Love this game!

Interesting!
Was your game super long? Im thinking lengthy battles with low mode scores?

#2492 5 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Interesting!
Was your game super long? I'm thinking lengthy battles with low mode scores?

No, wasn't long at all. Progressed through the battles and quests pretty quickly without much stacking, minimal snikts, and short multiballs.

When I got my ~1.7 billion, it was all about the snikts and looooong multiballs.

#2493 5 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Can you explain this statement? Is it more than just the switch? I mean, I agree that this particular scoop has a bad design flaw since the one I play on location has had the switch replaced twice already. But it's a $3.95 part at Pinball life and they will have it to you in about 3 days. Even though your game is out of warranty, Stern will probably send your distributor the switch for free. And if they don't, like I said, it's just a $4 switch. Switches go bad frequently and I would order a few so you can have some spares on hand.

I definitely realize that it's a super inexpensive part, and hopefully Stern will do the right thing and replace it. When I called my distributor I didn't expect them to even hesitate to send the replacement since it's a really cheap part, the game is nearly new, it's used in a private residence/not commercially and the root cause of the issue seems to be either a design flaw or a cheaply sourced switch.

When I bought the machine I found the short and rather nebulous "2-9 month" warranty to be really strange for a $6,000+ item. It gave me pause, but my distributor told me that if I had any problems they'd take care of me. So there's that, too.

This is my first home pinball machine, so maybe part of the problem is that I need to adjust my expectations. Metal balls being knocked around at high speed tends to break shit.

I'm really hooked, and am planning to pick up a couple more machines over the next year. A mechanical failure won't suck as much with other machines to play.

I totally get that working on these machines is a big part of the hobby, and I'm cool with that (and even looking forward to it).

But yeah, in retrospect I think I was a bit rash with my post.

#2494 5 years ago
Quoted from StoneyFL:

I definitely realize that it's a super inexpensive part, and hopefully Stern will do the right thing and replace it. When I called my distributor I didn't expect them to even hesitate to send the replacement since it's a really cheap part, the game is nearly new, it's used in a private residence/not commercially and the root cause of the issue seems to be either a design flaw or a cheaply sourced switch.
When I bought the machine I found the short and rather nebulous "2-9 month" warranty to be really strange for a $6,000+ item. It gave me pause, but my distributor told me that if I had any problems they'd take care of me. So there's that, too.
This is my first home pinball machine, so maybe part of the problem is that I need to adjust my expectations. Metal balls being knocked around at high speed tends to break shit.
I'm really hooked, and am planning to pick up a couple more machines over the next year. A mechanical failure won't suck as much with other machines to play.
I totally get that working on these machines is a big part of the hobby, and I'm cool with that (and even looking forward to it).
But yeah, in retrospect I think I was a bit rash with my post.

What i do : even after 6 months or 1 year , i simply email Stern ( David ) and they always replaced my part , tell them what's up , the problem ... it happend about 4 times over 8 years of owning Stern's . Pretty Magical

#2495 5 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

What i do : even after 6 months or 1 year , i simply email Stern ( David ) and they always replaced my part , tell them what's up , the problem ... it happend about 4 times over 8 years of owning Stern's . Pretty Magical

Thanks, that's really good to hear!

#2496 5 years ago

I heard back from the folks who sold me my Deadpool:

"I was told to go through the warranty process and they will get back to me in a few days to make their decision. I closed your Case and created this WO so I could do that. If it does go through you will have to return the old mech. I will follow up with you in a few days. thanks."

Seriously?

I'm genuinely curious. Is this standard? Because Stern could have sent me a $4.00 part that weighs about as much as a paperclip and been done with this. But instead they want to make it into a long, drawn out process.

I actually ordered the part I need and a bunch of extra parts from Pinball Life yesterday, so about the only thing Stern's reaction has done is make me not want to give them any more of my money.

#2497 5 years ago
Quoted from StoneyFL:

"I was told to go through the warranty process and they will get back to me in a few days to make their decision. I closed your Case and created this WO so I could do that. If it does go through you will have to return the old mech. I will follow up with you in a few days. thanks."
Seriously?
I'm genuinely curious. Is this standard? Because Stern could have sent me a $4.00 part and been done with this, but instead they want to make it into a long, drawn out process.
I actually ordered the part I need and a bunch of extra parts from Pinball Life yesterday, so about the only thing Stern's reaction has done is make me not want to give them any more of my money.

I usually email Chas ([email protected]) and cc my distributor and tell them the problem. 9 times out of 10 Chas asks me for my game's serial number and shipping address, verifies it, then he sends me the replacement part. Fairly trouble free.

#2498 5 years ago

Side note: any good instruction cards for Deadpool?

#2499 5 years ago
Quoted from StoneyFL:

Seriously?
I'm genuinely curious. Is this standard? Because Stern could have sent me a $4.00 part that weighs about as much as a paperclip and been done with this. But instead they want to make it into a long, drawn out process.

I would have just contacted Stern directly. Best results in general. Your distributor sounds kind of crappy though. Why don't they go out of pocket for a $5 switch to keep a customer happy? Who are they?

#2500 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Side note: any good instruction cards for Deadpool?

Did you get your Premium?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 25.95
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/50?hl=stoneyfl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.