(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,295 posts
  • 1,092 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by Magicman
  • Topic is favorited by 557 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240422_042849~2 (resized).jpg
20240420_214553 (resized).jpg
20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 326.
#2351 5 years ago

Played a couple of quick games yesterday on the new code, and man it's great.
I swear the right orbit is easier to hit now!

It's VERY satisfying to hit the Snikt and follow up immediately with a Mechsuit or Disco multiball. Such a fun game.

With all of the hubub about new machines, I start to think about trying to sell, but this game is so much fun to play it wins me over again each time I start to want to explore what's next.

#2352 5 years ago

One questions for all the pro and premium owners Im debating getting the premium or pro? Just want to know what's more bang for your buck is it worth getting the premium or just save the money and go with the pro? I personally like the pro art better but not sure how the gameplay between the both is better any help will be appreciated.

#2353 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

One questions cor all the pro and premium owners should I get the premium or pro? Just want to know what's more bang for your buck us it worth getting the premium or just save the money and go with the pro? I personally like the pro art better but not sure how the gameplay between the both is better any help will be appreciated.

My personal opinion is save the money and get the pro. I played both extensively and couldn't justify the price difference for the premium and just picked up a pro model on Wednesday. I am sure that other feel differently though.

#2354 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

One questions for all the pro and premium owners Im debating getting the premium or pro? Just want to know what's more bang for your buck is it worth getting the premium or just save the money and go with the pro? I personally like the pro art better but not sure how the gameplay between the both is better any help will be appreciated.

I've played both and while the Pro is very fun, if you have the money I'd go for the Premium. Is it financially "worth" the difference in cost, no, but in my view this was my splurge item (I have a few more pins but they are older) and I wanted everything the game had to offer, and thankfully I love my purchase. I've had the game almost 6 months now and since I got it it's been my go to game most nights (I feel a little guilty how much I am neglecting my other pins).

#2355 5 years ago

Haven’t played the prem but if I could have afforded it, I woulda gone that route, kinda like the comment above.

That said though, I too am 100% satisfied with my version!

#2356 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

Do you like hitting full orbit shots or do you like pop bumpers a lot? I personally would miss the disco loops too much if I didn’t have it.

That said most people that bought a pro will tell you go with that and people that bought the premium will likely say go with that.

#2357 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

Premium all the way. You'll never get the disco ball mode to work like the Premium with add-ons for the Pro, and it's a great mode. Also the Premium light show is better, and every Pro I've played shoots like crap - the Premium FEELS better.

#2358 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Premium all the way. You'll never get the disco ball mode to work like the Premium with add-ons for the Pro, and it's a great mode. Also the Premium light show is better, and every Pro I've played shoots like crap - the Premium FEELS better.

You should play more pros, mine shot great.

#2359 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

No thanks. Hated it. The Pros I played were on locations, so maybe set up poorly, but they all were clunky. Plus, I've definitely grown to love the Prem/LE version's features. Wouldn't go back. With the new software, Deadpool Prem is definitely on the hot list.

#2360 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I agree, still does.

#2361 5 years ago

Vireland, I know your basing your “pros shoot clunky” off personal experience. But It’s pretty annoying that every chance you can on this thread you say how “clunky” the pro is, when it’s not. You had a crappy experience with someone’s game who didn’t give a flip when setting it up.
I’ve but in over 600 very fun games on my machine, and I’ve adjusted the angle 4times to get it shooting perfect.
Yeah it’s more picky then a lot of games on how it’s setup, but once dialed in its smooth!
Please try playing a pro that is setup right so you can stop spreading misinformation about the pro shooting poorly, because it doesn’t.

#2362 5 years ago
Quoted from jeep-mustang:

who didn’t give a flip when setting it up.

Figurative AND literal, I like it!

#2363 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

- the Premium FEELS better.

I’ve found this to be true for every Prem I’ve played. Why!? They feel significantly heavier and solid...

#2364 5 years ago
Quoted from jeep-mustang:

Vireland, I know your basing your “pros shoot clunky” off personal experience. But It’s pretty annoying that every chance you can on this thread you say how “clunky” the pro is, when it’s not. You had a crappy experience with someone’s game who didn’t give a flip when setting it up.
I’ve but in over 600 very fun games on my machine, and I’ve adjusted the angle 4times to get it shooting perfect.
Yeah it’s more picky then a lot of games on how it’s setup, but once dialed in its smooth!
Please try playing a pro that is setup right so you can stop spreading misinformation about the pro shooting poorly, because it doesn’t.

Not one Pro, multiple ones at completely different locations in different cities. When I play a Pro that does shoot well, I will revise the statement. I was happy to revise the "Deadpool sucks" stance once the software really came along (The Prem/LE is now an excellent choice for a pin purchase with mature, fun software), and I'll do the same once I play a smooth Pro. Until then, I've only played a smooth Premium and a smooth LE.

And just for the record, this isn't my opinion alone. I'm not the only one that has had a clunky experience on the Pro and mentioned it here. It's not uncommon.

#2365 5 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

I’ve found this to be true for every Prem I’ve played. Why!? They feel significantly heavier and solid...

Same. Never understood this. My GOT pro feels like it’s made of balsa wood compared to ACDC prem.

#2366 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Not one Pro, multiple ones at completely different locations in different cities. When I play a Pro that does shoot well, I will revise the statement. I was happy to revise the "Deadpool sucks" stance once the software really came along (The Prem/LE is now an excellent choice for a pin purchase with mature, fun software), and I'll do the same once I play a smooth Pro. Until then, I've only played a smooth Premium and a smooth LE.
And just for the record, this isn't my opinion alone. I'm not the only one that has had a clunky experience on the Pro and mentioned it here. It's not uncommon.

I understand where your coming from with that many failed location try’s.
I hope all the early “Deadpool sucks” crowd will give it a second chance like you did. With the perfected code It really is a great game, heck I wouldn’t keep a $5,000 toy if it wasn’t.
Next time your way up north you can stop in and play my pro, we’ll get your opinion changed on how smooth it can shoot.

#2367 5 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Same. Never understood this. My GOT pro feels like it’s made of balsa wood compared to ACDC prem.

My IMDN Pro feels pretty solid. I think it might have to do with the service support rails.

#2368 5 years ago

I flipped a few Pro's and Premiums tonight at MGC. One had the katana tails, may have been an LE. I wanted to gauge how my Pro at home stood up to these NIB's from Marco.

All of them are MUCH faster than mine at home, especially the Premium. Balls zipped right through the lanes past me more than once. My timing was off, but my aim was fine. None of the machines today rejected good ramp or orbit shots. I got a Ninja Multiball on ball 2 of the 1st game I played on a pro here.

Both feel good to me. I like my Pro just fine. I wish I had the Disco loops but for me the couple thousand dollars are better saved up for the next game I want.

#2369 5 years ago

I was on the fence about which one to get (haven’t got one yet) Estonia went er to a mates place to play his pro then around the corner to play a premium. For me the difference is huge having th ball return to the flipper on a left loop rather than drop to the pops. I’m not a fan of the ball always dropping to the pops like it does on the pro and that’s why I’m on the lookout for a premium/LE

#2370 5 years ago

Hey, can you premium or LE owners let me know how your game reacts in TRex mode. I’m specifically wondering about the lil deadpool target bank. What happens if you keep bashing the targets without hitting any other shots. I thought on the older code the targets stayed up all the time until you hit a green shot. Then the targets fell for a bit for you to hit the lil deadpool target behind the 3 bank. Then the 3 bank goes up again and stays up until another green shot is lit. Repeat 4 times to collect tooth. On mine, since the latest code, i can hit down the 3 bank targets and they stay down, then hit the lil deadpool target behind to collect. In essence i can finish the mode with just hitting lil deadpool over and over without ever hitting a green shot. Is this the same on your machines? Also, at times the game puts the 3 bank up and then drops it and it stays dropped when i thought they should stay up. Just wondering if this is new code or a hardware issue on my game. The drops work in test mode, staying both up and down.

Any help appreciated.

#2371 5 years ago

Can someone point me towards a post or resources on properly setting up Deadpool? Leveling, adjustments etc to make it shoot well? I feel like I have mine pretty well leveled but am still bricking some shots that I feel like should be more reliable. Are their any other adjustments or tuning that can be done to get me the rest of the way there?

#2372 5 years ago
Quoted from Flipnaught:

Can someone point me towards a post or resources on properly setting up Deadpool? Leveling, adjustments etc to make it shoot well? I feel like I have mine pretty well leveled but am still bricking some shots that I feel like should be more reliable. Are their any other adjustments or tuning that can be done to get me the rest of the way there?

I don’t have suggestions other than play it. Our location was rejecting shots to Colossus and the lock ramp was really hard to make. Now that it has a ton of plays it’s butter smooth.

#2373 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don’t have suggestions other than play it. Our location was rejecting shots to Colossus and the lock ramp was really hard to make. Now that it has a ton of plays it’s butter smooth.

Thanks, mines not bad I feel like I've got it 90% of the way there. I may just fiddle with the leveling and see if it likes it steeper.

#2374 5 years ago
Quoted from Flipnaught:

Thanks, mines not bad I feel like I've got it 90% of the way there. I may just fiddle with the leveling and see if it likes it steeper.

Steeper is better too from what I’ve seen.

#2375 5 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Hey, can you premium or LE owners let me know how your game reacts in TRex mode. I’m specifically wondering about the lil deadpool target bank. What happens if you keep bashing the targets without hitting any other shots. I thought on the older code the targets stayed up all the time until you hit a green shot. Then the targets fell for a bit for you to hit the lil deadpool target behind the 3 bank. Then the 3 bank goes up again and stays up until another green shot is lit. Repeat 4 times to collect tooth. On mine, since the latest code, i can hit down the 3 bank targets and they stay down, then hit the lil deadpool target behind to collect. In essence i can finish the mode with just hitting lil deadpool over and over without ever hitting a green shot. Is this the same on your machines? Also, at times the game puts the 3 bank up and then drops it and it stays dropped when i thought they should stay up. Just wondering if this is new code or a hardware issue on my game. The drops work in test mode, staying both up and down.
Any help appreciated.

Mine has played like this at least since the previous code.

After you hit a green shot, there’s a hurry up at LDP.

What Im wondering, does that hurry up start after you knock down the first target and you gotta get the rest or sneak a shot thru that 1 hole asap? Or is there no count down at all and you get full points?

#2376 5 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

One had the katana tails, may have been an LE.

What are katana tails?

#2377 5 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

What are katana tails?

Whoops! Katana rails.

#2378 5 years ago

What do you get when you hit the Colossus loop when Special is lit?

#2379 5 years ago

Is Tanio Klyce a dark horse unsung hero at stern right now? When DP first released, i had no interest. Now, after seeing what he’s done - i will be an owner of a premium soon

I know this is Tanio’s first lead, but what else has he worked on? I know he did work on Mustang and the rules and modes in that game are off the charts good. He’s been with stern for awhile so I’m sure there’s a lot more he’s done.

Great job on Deadpool Tanio (and co.)!

#2380 5 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Mine has played like this at least since the previous code.
After you hit a green shot, there’s a hurry up at LDP.
What Im wondering, does that hurry up start after you knock down the first target and you gotta get the rest or sneak a shot thru that 1 hole asap? Or is there no count down at all and you get full points?

Thanks for the reply. What I have noticed is that in the old code, for Trex, I had to hit a green arrow shot for the lil DP targets to go down. Then hit lil DP to get a jackpot. Now in the new code, i can just keep hitting the lil DP drops and then hit the lil DP hurry up. Is that the same for you?

#2381 5 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Thanks for the reply. What I have noticed is that in the old code, for Trex, I had to hit a green arrow shot for the lil DP targets to go down. Then hit lil DP to get a jackpot. Now in the new code, i can just keep hitting the lil DP drops and then hit the lil DP hurry up. Is that the same for you?

I don't remember how it was with the old code, but just tried it out and mine does as you say. During T-rex when lil DP drops were up, I could just hit them to knock them down for a lil DP hurry up. Don't know if by design or not, maybe a bug introduced with stacking, or maybe a way to finish the mode more quickly, but with a lower score?

#2382 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Is Tanio Klyce a dark horse unsung hero at stern right now? When DP first released, i had no interest. Now, after seeing what he’s done - i will be an owner of a premium soon
I know this is Tanio’s first lead, but what else has he worked on? I know he did work on Mustang and the rules and modes in that game are off the charts good. He’s been with stern for awhile so I’m sure there’s a lot more he’s done.

I believe he was the guy responsible for those awesome LED side rails on STLE.

#2383 5 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I don't remember how it was with the old code, but just tried it out and mine does as you say. During T-rex when lil DP drops were up, I could just hit them to knock them down for a lil DP hurry up. Don't know if by design or not, maybe a bug introduced with stacking, or maybe a way to finish the mode more quickly, but with a lower score?

Thanks Paul!

#2384 5 years ago

Tania’s first game was star trek

M

Quoted from Eskaybee:Is Tanio Klyce a dark horse unsung hero at stern right now? When DP first released, i had no interest. Now, after seeing what he’s done - i will be an owner of a premium soon

#2385 5 years ago

I think the bank target is part of the mode and not a bug as damn near everything else is lit during trex!

The bank is easy cuz its right there but its sketchy too and time consuming.

#2386 5 years ago

Hey Deadpool owners, about to spring for a premium but still considering Iron Maiden. Any of you out there own both that like Deadpool better?

#2387 5 years ago
Quoted from stevebighead:

Hey Deadpool owners, about to spring for a premium but still considering Iron Maiden. Any of you out there own both that like Deadpool better?

I own both. I love both games equally but they are very different. Iron Maiden is a deeper game and more challenging but I have just as much fun playing Deadpool. If I had to only keep one it would probably be Maiden, but I would miss Deadpool terribly. I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

#2388 5 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I own both. I love both games equally but they are very different. Iron Maiden is a deeper game and more challenging but I have just as much fun playing Deadpool. If I had to only keep one it would probably be Maiden, but I would miss Deadpool terribly. I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

I own both and completely agree with this assessment

#2389 5 years ago

Installed these from hooked on pinball. They are bad ass and made of real metal not plastic. Blown away. Easy install. Im gonna solder in a bigger brighter led though as they dont light up much

20190412_161628 (resized).jpg20190412_161628 (resized).jpg20190413_214544 (resized).jpg20190413_214544 (resized).jpg20190413_214600 (resized).jpg20190413_214600 (resized).jpg
#2390 5 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Installed these from hooked on pinball. They are bad ass and made of real metal not plastic. Blown away. Easy install. Im gonna solder in a bigger brighter led though as they dont light up much[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

HOOKED , might be worth upping the cost by a few bucks and including brighter LED’s with the kit. Or at the very least, making a recommendation on which particular LED has the appropriate brightness for the look you intend (plus will still fit). Thinking about ordering these soon and would prefer not to reinvent the wheel if this has already been worked out.

#2391 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

hooked , might be worth upping the cost by a few bucks and including brighter LED’s with the kit. Or at the very least, making a recommendation on which particular LED has the appropriate brightness for the look you intend (plus will still fit). Thinking about ordering these soon and would prefer not to reinvent the wheel if this has already been worked out.

I love the look of these - is there anything that can be done to get the RED led color is the middle - brighter red like the current red plastic domes??

#2392 5 years ago

So I have been lurking the site for a while, A Deadpool Premium at a local bar got me hooked after not playing pinball for 20 years or so. I’m sorry if this is common knowledge, but how long does Stern usually produce machines? I want to buy a Deadpool, but i am probably a few months out from being able to do so. Thanks

#2393 5 years ago
Quoted from JRay23:

So I have been lurking the site for a while, A Deadpool Premium at a local bar got me hooked after not playing pinball for 20 years or so. I’m sorry if this is common knowledge, but how long does Stern usually produce machines? I want to buy a Deadpool, but i am probably a few months out from being able to do so. Thanks

They will be available for a couple more years most likely. And it will be a while after that before all the distros sell their stock.

#2394 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I love the look of these - is there anything that can be done to get the RED led color is the middle - brighter red like the current red plastic domes??

Stern is cheap and dont use sockets its a little cheap board with an LED. Im gonna solder in a red wedge led light

#2395 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:They will be available for a couple more years most likely. And it will be a while after that before all the distros sell their stock.

Nice thanks!

#2396 5 years ago

Can somebody post a link and explain to me how to download the DP sound track? I tried it the other night and couldn't get it to work at all.

#2397 5 years ago

I've owned DEADPOOL PRO for about 6 months now and I'd never seen this screen animation before, have any of you? (during DISCO multi-ball)

Saw it during Jack Danger's stream of DP here (around 1:55 mark): https://www.twitch.tv/videos/406736594

deadflip1 (resized).jpgdeadflip1 (resized).jpgdeadflip2 (resized).jpgdeadflip2 (resized).jpg
#2398 5 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

I've owned DEADPOOL PRO for about 6 months now and I'd never seen this screen animation before, have any of you? (during DISCO multi-ball)
Saw it during Jack Danger's stream of DP here (around 1:55 mark): https://www.twitch.tv/videos/406736594
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yes, I've seen it, but rarely (or I just miss it). The first time I saw it I was like what was that! Not entirely sure what drives that screen, but I think Dazzler goes out into the skating rink and her bright lights bounces off the disco ball, which lights up the room, and kills the skating vampire (or something like that). So yes, I've seen it, but hopefully someone else in the forum can tell us what causes it (unless it's random just based on time in the disco multiball mode).

#2399 5 years ago

I've only seen it once

#2400 5 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Stern is cheap and dont use sockets its a little cheap board with an LED. Im gonna solder in a red wedge led light

Ok... Wasn’t aware there weren’t actual led bulbs in the new pops since i hadn’t looked inside. Robertstone0407 , would you consider posting a pic of before and after if you do the solder on new leds like you said.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Bryn Athyn, PA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 25.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/48?hl=stoneyfl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.