(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 4,327 posts
  • 415 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by vireland
  • Topic is favorited by 169 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 978 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screen Shot 2019-10-06 at 4.25.35 PM (resized).png
050-deadpool (resized).jpg
20191004_094910.jpg
523F64C8-1E30-4288-812E-E12DDFA8D1D4 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_20190912_110520 (resized).jpg
20190804_183413 (resized).jpg
20190804_183358 (resized).jpg
373D317B-C13E-4907-8973-9460E165C450 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0283 (resized).JPG
ninja (resized).jpg
flipper (resized).jpg
balls (resized).jpg
cNSc+iasTNGLlGLTSwXcMw (resized).jpg
Capture780 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

31 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 4327 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 87.
#2201 6 months ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I forget; did DP come out before or after IMDN? And does the pro come with service rails?

After.

Service rails included:
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Deadpool-Pinball-Features-Matrix.pdf

That said, the pro is a clunky shooter IMO. The Prem/LE is worth the upgrade.

#2203 6 months ago
Quoted from scottslash:

Just want y'all to know I and Rob with Lermods have been talking and working on solutions for the disco ball. He's been very responsive and great to work with!

Scott is awesome. Let me know what you guys work out. I've noticed the noise, but it doesn't really bug me too much. The un-premium/LE behavior seems like a tough nut to crack. One thought I had was to add some sort of delay, say 2 seconds, to prevent the ball from coming on when the disco mode flasher is not solid. If that's possible from a technical standpoint, the behavior would be almost identical to the Premium/LE machines.

In any event, I still think it's a great mod and have zero regrets.

#2204 6 months ago

Has anybody done powder coated armor on their premium yet? Trying to figure out what color would look good.

#2205 6 months ago
Quoted from Gov:

Has anybody done powder coated armor on their premium yet? Trying to figure out what color would look good.

I coated this one for a customer. If your interested contact me and we can work something out

99277 (resized).jpeg99279 (resized).jpeg
#2206 6 months ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

I coated this one for a customer. If your interested contact me and we can work something out
[quoted image][quoted image]

What are you charging for the full armor and 4 legs? Do you strip the stern powder coating, or start from naked, uncoated parts?

#2207 6 months ago

Does anyone want to sell/get rid of the vinyl album?
I'm trying to complete my DP tribute in my house as its my top earning pinball haha.

#2208 6 months ago

Made the Mr. Sinister wizard mode today. Every shot is lit. Had Big Boom ready going into it. Knowing Big Boom credits lit shots except Hell House scoop and super jackpots, I was excited bringing it into Sinister only to hit the button and nothing! I know better for next time.

Sad face!

#2209 6 months ago

Made the Mr. Sinister wizard mode today. Every shot is lit. Had Big Boom ready going into it. Knowing Big Boom credits lit shots except Hell House scoop and super jackpots, I was excited bringing it into Sinister only to hit the button and nothing! I know better for next time.

Sad face!

#2210 6 months ago

anyone know if cliffy does a scoop for DP? mine is deformed and its causing lots of rejects.

#2211 6 months ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

anyone know if cliffy does a scoop for DP? mine is deformed and its causing lots of rejects.

i bet he does , send him a Pm here on pinside Cliffy or here crinear@comcast.net

Thought Stern started adding scoop protection in the new games
Munsters has a scoop protection

#2212 6 months ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

i bet he does , send him a Pm here on pinside Cliffy or here crinear@comcast.net
Thought Stern started adding scoop protection in the new games
Munsters has a scoop protection

Stern does - they have their ripoff version of a Cliffy they've been using since Ghostbusters that's crappier. That's what he's talking about, I think. The Stern ripoff one on his deadpool is deformed and he wants to put a real Cliffy on it.

#2213 6 months ago

Yeah the stern ones are pretty crappy, but that scoop takes a lot of abuse. Any guard is going to get bent up.

#2214 6 months ago

Thanks for the pics. Not crazy about the red on the premium.

#2215 6 months ago

Hey there,

Having an issue with my lil Deadpool drop targets!! The center drop target switch doesn’t seem to work everytime and some games when I hit start all 3 drop targets are all down right off the bat!! They also all go up and down randomly and in between games and counts random points up if I haven’t even plunged the ball
Wondering if anyone’s got some adjustments tips?!

Thanks

db

#2216 6 months ago
Quoted from Borntolose:

Hey there,
Having an issue with my lil Deadpool drop targets!! The center drop target switch doesn’t seem to work everytime and some games when I hit start all 3 drop targets are all down right off the bat!! They also all go up and down randomly and in between games and counts random points up if I haven’t even plunged the ball
Wondering if anyone’s got some adjustments tips?!
Thanks
db

Sounds like your drop target shelf plastic broke or the spring isn't strong enough. It used to be pretty durable, but is now a flimsy paper-thin piece of plastic that breaks pretty frequently on Sterns of the last 8 years or so because they've cost-reduced it for little apparent gain.

Here's where the ledge is located on the assembly (you'll need to drop from under the PF):
deadpooldroptargetledge (resized).jpg

#2217 6 months ago
Quoted from scottslash:

Just want y'all to know I and Rob with Lermods have been talking and working on solutions for the disco ball. He's been very responsive and great to work with!

I wish I had a good experience with Lermods as you did, but mine was the exact opposite. The first DISCO BALL mod they created (a couple of months ago) shorted out my DEADPOOL PRO Disco insert light and when Rob reached out via Pinside, he didn't seem to believe me and ultimately said to reach out to Stern for a new node board. He also said "The mod itself did not cause the issue." Since I had purchased it via MEZEL MODS, I contacted them as well and they were AMAZING in regards to their customer service. They acknowledged that the mod has caused the issue, said they would refund me completely AND pay for any labor to fix the insert light. Classy folk! Sorry Lermods, can't say the same for you. Blaming the customer or his machine isn't a great way to handle these sorts of situations. My experience with them was not a good one.

#2218 6 months ago

Got art blades from Tilt Graphics installed today. Very easy install and they look really good on this machine IMO. I usually do mirror blades in most of my games, but I thought I would try something different on this one. I like it.

image_from_ios (resized).jpgimage_from_ios_1024 (resized).jpg
#2219 6 months ago

Has DP had very many mechanical issues? Seems like IM had quite a few. I am joining the club just trying to decide between pro or premium.

#2220 6 months ago
Quoted from stevebighead:

Has DP had very many mechanical issues? Seems like IM had quite a few. I am joining the club just trying to decide between pro or premium.

Premium, for sure. It shoots better than the pro. The only issues I've really heard about is with li'l deadpool's head breaking off and two people (now maybe three) with the drop target shelf breaking so the drop targets won't stay up.

#2221 6 months ago

New balls in my dp on route, feels like a new machine again haha.

#2222 6 months ago

wow looks super nice !

#2223 6 months ago

I'm easily finding protectors for the *left* side of the shooter lane. But what about the *right* side of the shooter lane?

You know, for alongside the groove. The wooden siderail is already covered fine.

shooter (resized).jpg
#2224 6 months ago
Quoted from scottslash:

I'm easily finding protectors for the *left* side of the shooter lane. But what about the *right* side of the shooter lane?
You know, for alongside the groove. The wooden siderail is already covered fine.
[quoted image]

Cliff has these.

http://www.passionforpinball.com/WIP/Deadpool-drain-ejects-set-001.JPG

Email him.

#2225 6 months ago

Found it interesting there is a metal protector on a metal rail

#2226 6 months ago
Quoted from Gov:

Probably to keep the powdercoating from chipping.

#2227 6 months ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Does anyone want to sell/get rid of the vinyl album?
I'm trying to complete my DP tribute in my house as its my top earning pinball haha.

What are you willing to offer?
Might help motivate someone.

#2228 6 months ago
Quoted from scottslash:

[quoted image]

Mylar works great.

#2229 6 months ago

I just picked up an HUO Deadpool pro. I like to start off with all factory settings. Anybody know where out lane posts were placed from factory? My right post is wide open. My left post is in the middle.

#2230 6 months ago
Quoted from rawbars:

I just picked up an HUO Deadpool pro. I like to start off with all factory settings. Anybody know where out lane posts were placed from factory? My right post is wide open. My left post is in the middle.

Thats how mine was out of the box

#2231 6 months ago

This is my first Spike. Is it normal the fan is so loud?!? Sound meter says 40dB avg in the quiet room, but when the fan kicks on, it's avg 57dB. Just live with it? Or is mine louder than it should be?

#2232 6 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Mylar works great.

I've heard that. Yet, I went with the new protectors from Cliffy. Thanks for the tip vireland. I didn't/hadn't seen his "what's new" page.

#2233 6 months ago
Quoted from scottslash:

This is my first Spike. Is it normal the fan is so loud?!? Sound meter says 40dB avg in the quiet room, but when the fan kicks on, it's avg 57dB. Just live with it? Or is mine louder than it should be?

vireland makes a plug and play replacement fan.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacing-stern-spike-noisy-ps-fans

#2234 6 months ago
Quoted from Gov:

Oops, yeah, I said wooden rail. Things sure have changed.

#2235 6 months ago
Quoted from rawbars:

Wide open from the factory.

#2236 6 months ago
Quoted from scottslash:

The terrible spike fans are 34.6dB. Lazy is the only reason Stern still has them in their pins, Meanwell would TOTALLY put in quieter fans in their power supplies just for Stern's order if they were asked given Stern's volume. Anyway, as mentioned, I have a plug and play replacement, and that thread also calls out part numbers of you want to make your own. Less than 13dB when you're done. Worth the effort.

#2237 6 months ago

Ordered! Thanks!

#2238 6 months ago

Has someone made any nice apron cards for this game?

#2239 6 months ago

I did. But they're movie based.
Some don't like that.
There is a thread.

20190221_172447 (resized).jpg
#2240 6 months ago

Hey All - what's the best resources available to get my 14-yo son up to speed on Deadpool rules?

For example with Iron Maiden, Stern produced the "Backstage Pass" rulesheet PDF. That worked great. Stern also produced a similar rule sheet for Munsters. But not for Deadpool.

I know there are also some Deadflip and Buffalo video tutorials but they are from early code.

There's also the Tilt Forums Wiki but it's a bit too overwhelming for my son.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

#2241 6 months ago

http://tiltforums.com/t/deadpool-rulesheet/4311

I know you mentioned this resource, but the first post here is kept up to date for the most part and is fairly short. I think it's current through patch 0.97, but the basic rules are all there and it's a fairly short read.

#2242 6 months ago

They played DP on the Stern Pro Circuit. Video was on Deadflip's Twitch channel. They are playing in a tournament so strategy is different from a home setting, but the commentators do a great job of describing what the players are doing.

#2243 6 months ago

Dead Pool LE #37 NIB arrived yesterday. Would appreciate some feedback from the group. Have you guys found a best pitch angle for this game? Are there any tweaks that most have needed to dial in their NIB games (i.e. making Katana shot more consistent, etc.) ??

How do you get the vinyl album?

Would appreciate any feedback you guys have.

Thanks!

#2244 6 months ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Dead Pool LE #37 NIB arrived yesterday. Would appreciate some feedback from the group. Have you guys found a best pitch angle for this game? Are there any tweaks that most have needed to dial in their NIB games (i.e. making Katana shot more consistent, etc.) ??
How do you get the vinyl album?
Would appreciate any feedback you guys have.
Thanks!

Congrats! It's a great/fun game. As far as pitch, most people seem to like between 6.8 and 7.0 degrees. I also try to periodically clean and wax my playfield, which seems to help (I always seem to get a great score after I do that). As far as the album, there should be a card with the stuff you received with the game that you complete and mail in to Stern. You should also update your code. The game is up to .99 now, with another update planned for this month.

#2245 6 months ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

Congrats! It's a great/fun game. As far as pitch, most people seem to like between 6.8 and 7.0 degrees. I also try to periodically clean and wax my playfield, which seems to help (I always seem to get a great score after I do that). As far as the album, there should be a card with the stuff you received with the game that you complete and mail in to Stern. You should also update your code. The game is up to .99 now, with another update planned for this month.

Thanks for the feedback!

#2246 6 months ago

What are you guys getting for prices on premium and LE?

#2247 6 months ago

Deadpool Prem poised to hit top 5 on pinside rankings next week. Its kind of wrong that earlier rankings of Pro and LE were based on very early code.

#2248 6 months ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

Deadpool Prem poised to hit top 5 on pinside rankings next week. Its kind of wrong that earlier rankings of Pro and LE were based on very early code.

Stern's fault for releasing them that way, they got the rating they deserved. If they want to fix that, they need to stop this bare-bones code at release nonsense.

That said, Deadpool Premium/LE is now in my "recommend" column. Coming along nicely.

#2249 6 months ago
Quoted from Gov:

If anybody has an extra pro translite for sale at a reasonable price, let me know. I prefer it to the premium translite.

I was just catching up on the thread...I have to agree. I called JJ at Game Exchange...they quoted 80.00 bucks. I may order one......

#2250 6 months ago
Quoted from Stones:

I was just catching up on the thread...I have to agree. I called JJ at Game Exchange...they quoted 80.00 bucks. I may order one......

Thanks for the info Steve. That $80 shipped?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
5,050 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
There are 4327 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 87.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside