(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,196 posts
  • 1,083 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 hours ago by drwicket
  • Topic is favorited by 556 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7899 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1688 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1689 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240327_001906_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240327_001709_Chrome (resized).jpg
IMG_8452 (resized).jpg
IMG_8453 (resized).jpg
IMG_8454 (resized).jpg
IMG_8455 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240323_200809 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240326_153304_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
20240326_103932 (resized).jpg
20240326_103906 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,196 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 324.
#1801 5 years ago
Quoted from crussell:

How’s everyones scores been since .98? I haven’t been able to rack up the points like I had in .97 even though I don’t think much changed.

Me too. I had a ~500M game on v.97 and I've only broken 100M on v.98 twice (115M, 118M). Haven't really figured out the reason yet.

#1802 5 years ago
Quoted from bwalter:

Me too. I had a ~500M game on v.97 and I've only broken 100M on v.98 twice (115M, 118M). Haven't really figured out the reason yet.

I really think it was a change to MechSuit Multiball. I got my first 500M game with v.97 and that was in a big part related to my score during MechSuit Multiball. In the Read Me notes for v.98 it says "Scoring balanced" among other things (see below) and since then, while MechSuit multiball is still worth a lot of points, it's not worth as much (at least not with the same level of effort/skill). Of course, who knows what the next update will bring - can't wait though.

From v.98 Read Me notes:
MECHSUIT MULTIBALL
- When Mechsuit Multiball is Lit, disable Disco modes, Berserker Rage,
and Katanarama Time.
- 5 Jackpot shots are lit (L. Orbit, L. Ramp, Center Shot, R. Ramp, R. Orbit).
- Collect 5 jackpots to light Super Jackpot at the scoop.
- Super Jackpot awards big points and 1 BOOM.
- Scoring balanced.

#1803 5 years ago

So Ive had my machine a week and have gotten 2 ninja multiballs. That katana ramp just doesnt work a lot of the time and snikkt... I have my machine set perfectly level according to the level in the machine. I played on location today that had the table much steeper than mine and boom I got a quick ninja multiball.....

Do the folks getting huge scores have their table set up a bit steeper than average?

#1804 5 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

So Ive had my machine a week and have gotten 2 ninja multiballs. That katana ramp just doesnt work a lot of the time and snikkt... I have my machine set perfectly level according to the level in the machine. I played on location today that had the table much steeper than mine and boom I got a quick ninja multiball.....
Do the folks getting huge scores have their table set up a bit steeper than average?

Not sure about huge scores, but George Gomez himself mentioned that the game plays best a bit steep, around 7 deg. Disregard the bubble level in the machine...they are never accurate. Check the angle on the playfield itself. The Katana ramp is hard, but a clean shot should make it more often than not. Sloppy shots are not going to cut it.

#1805 5 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Not sure about huge scores, but George Gomez himself mentioned that the game plays best a bit steep, around 7 deg. Disregard the bubble level in the machine...they are never accurate. Check the angle on the playfield itself. The Katana ramp is hard, but a clean shot should make it more often than not. Sloppy shots are not going to cut it.

I bought a digital level today and will see. Im talking perfect shots thats dont make it.... Ill trust Mr Gomez!

#1806 5 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I bought a digital level today and will see. Im talking perfect shots thats dont make it.... Ill trust Mr Gomez!

Make sure to take the glass off and put the level on the actual playfield. I place my digital level between the flippers and then again up towards the middle of the playfield to measure incline angle. I have mine set to 6.8 or 6.9 degrees and it works pretty well. Fyi, when I take the glass off I rest the bottom on a piece of carpet or bathroom mat. It's tempered so don't want it to hit the hard floor and shatter into a thousand pieces. Good luck.

#1807 5 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

Make sure to take the glass off and put the level on the actual playfield. I place my digital level between the flippers and then again up towards the middle of the playfield to measure incline angle. I have mine set to 6.8 or 6.9 degrees and it works pretty well. Fyi, when I take the glass off I rest the bottom on a piece of carpet or bathroom mat. It's tempered so don't want it to hit the hard floor and shatter into a thousand pieces. Good luck.

yupper. thanks

#1808 5 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

yupper. thanks

Adjusted pitch and got 2 ninja mb modes in 25 mins. Awesome

#1809 5 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I always set up all my machines as steep as they can go. I don't care about setting at a perfect pitch - I always want them to play as fast as possible. Have been collecting for over 10 years, and every machine I own has been set up that way. Love the speed and rush of it!

DP Pro is set that way, and I get ninja multi about every 4-5 games I'd guess.

#1810 5 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

I always set up all my machines as steep as they can go. I don't care about setting at a perfect pitch - I always want them to play as fast as possible. Have been collecting for over 10 years, and every machine I own has been set up that way. Love the speed and rush of it!
DP Pro is set that way, and I get ninja multi about every 4-5 games I'd guess.

Agreed. Every time I get a new game I put the back levelers all the way out so they are even with the collar, and the front ones all the way in. Then I put the legs on the game.

#1811 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Agreed. Every time I get a new game I put the back levelers all the way out so they are even with the collar, and the front ones all the way in. Then I put the legs on the game.

I think 7 degrees is that middle ground sweet spot. It makes the game play fast, or faster than standard 6.5, but doesn't restrict the lateral motion reducing side drains. Can't setting a game too steep take a lot of the side to side action out of a machine and make side drains less likely?

#1812 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I think 7 degrees is that middle ground sweet spot. It makes the game play fast, or faster than standard 6.5, but doesn't restrict the lateral motion reducing side drains. Can't setting a game too steep take a lot of the side to side action out of a machine and make side drains less likely?

No idea.

#1813 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

Can't setting a game too steep take a lot of the side to side action out of a machine and make side drains less likely?

Yes.

The steeper the game is there is less lateral motion and outlane drains will be drastically reduced, it also makes the ball a LOT easier to trap on the flippers, and often change the geometry/flow of the game.

Steeper doesn't normally mean harder for game play.

The vast majority of games play at their optimal when set at the intended 6.5', however everyone is able to set their machines up at whatever gradient they feel happiest with.

#1814 5 years ago

I’m coming back from a 2-3 month hiatus. I loved the layout so much that I took my LE home and put a premium out at my location, My Parents Basement in atlanta ga.

1) this is my favorite layout in pinball. The katana shot is more satisfying than any other three shots combined. The orbits are magical. Lil dp is fun to smash.

2) it has the worst rules of all time. The game is 100% about the snikt shot. A pf multiplier on one flip? ONE FLIP!? Insane. Incredibly lame. I’ve gotten 1.2B on a game where I only beat one villain. Why? 5x mech suit. Silly. Points and game progression should be somewhat tied together. I’ve sent plenty of ideas to stern. Sure hope they listen.

3) sorry if it has been covered- anyone have the issue with the lil dp drop targets front bracket not clearing? I’ve tried to bend the hell out of it various ways 3-4 times and it keeps getting stuck again eventually. Thoughts?

If they fix the snikt (among a few other things...) this will catapult its way up the list of my favs, but for now I can’t stop playing simply because the amazing layout.

#1815 5 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

2) it has the worst rules of all time. The game is 100% about the snikt shot. A pf multiplier on one flip? ONE FLIP!? Insane. Incredibly lame. I’ve gotten 1.2B on a game where I only beat one villain. Why? 5x mech suit. Silly. Points and game progression should be somewhat tied together. I’ve sent plenty of ideas to stern. Sure hope they listen.

I wish I was good enough to consistently hit the snikt shot. I can sometimes intentionally get 2x, but 3x is an accident, and I don't think my game has ever seen 4x or 5x. Agree with you on the layout - it's really nice to have something different and not just another game with two ramps up at the top of the playfield (I already have that with my T2).

#1816 5 years ago

well I finally beat the default GC and got my name on the board after 10 days..... Im slowly getting better. Trying to focus on starting with dazzle disco mode and then MB. Avoid battles until teamups are lit. Now to get 500m....

20190214_222300532_iOS (resized).jpg20190214_222300532_iOS (resized).jpg20190214_222242787_iOS (resized).jpg20190214_222242787_iOS (resized).jpg
#1817 5 years ago

Just arrived. It’s got some good flasher/lighting effects coded in. The thumb spins around. Thumbs down if you don’t match.

9C1431ED-47C1-4BE0-ACC1-37DF516FCEF7 (resized).jpeg9C1431ED-47C1-4BE0-ACC1-37DF516FCEF7 (resized).jpeg
#1818 5 years ago

Joined the club with LE#19

0217B5B3-2F00-4762-A07F-F24942308D2E (resized).jpeg0217B5B3-2F00-4762-A07F-F24942308D2E (resized).jpeg
#1819 5 years ago

LE 94

DSC_0024_17 (resized).JPGDSC_0024_17 (resized).JPG
#1820 5 years ago

the balls on this game are getting scratched up fast in this game had to buff them out twice.
they do get less and less as the game gets broken in. keep your eyes on them

#1821 5 years ago

This pinball is for me the best stern pinball. I love all... rules, shots, artwork, music... each game is never the same because you can do so many things.

#1822 5 years ago
Quoted from oldmanpinball:

the balls on this game are getting scratched up fast in this game had to buff them out twice.
they do get less and less as the game gets broken in. keep your eyes on them

How do you buff out pinballs?

#1823 5 years ago

on a buffing wheel, or a bench grinder. i like to use a red rouge, same thing they use on jewelry, as a polishing compound its fast easy and they look like new
you can get the stuff at harbor freight

#1824 5 years ago

Nobody else has had the issue with the lil dp drops front bracket?

#1825 5 years ago

twenty84 had an issue that he resolved by moving the mech (search the forum), I did also but mine seemed to be a dirty opto as once I'd cleaned it it was fine.

Neil.

#1826 5 years ago

Anybody have issues with all 4 outlane bulbs being dim or not working? I replaced the bulbs to hopefully fix the problem, but it didn't change anything. I thought I'd ask before diving further into it.

#1827 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

twenty84 had an issue that he resolved by moving the mech (search the forum), I did also but mine seemed to be a dirty opto as once I'd cleaned it it was fine.
Neil.

Thanks. Interesting enough. I swapped entire mechanisms between my machines and both seem to be working 100%

#1828 5 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Anybody have issues with all 4 outlane bulbs being dim or not working? I replaced the bulbs to hopefully fix the problem, but it didn't change anything. I thought I'd ask before diving further into it.

Not sure if we are talking about the same bulbs but the clear white bulbs under the plastic return guide (between the inner and outer return lanes) to my right flipper were going dim and flickering. I kept on resetting the bulbs but often it would come back. However, after several attempts they seem to be good now (knock on wood). Maybe those sockets are a little off and unless you get the bulb just right it loosens up again and flickers/dims.
A2A89BCD-565C-464C-A271-076BC4DBD892 (resized).jpegA2A89BCD-565C-464C-A271-076BC4DBD892 (resized).jpeg

#1829 5 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

Not sure if we are talking about the same bulbs but the clear white bulbs under the plastic return guide (between the inner and outer return lanes) to my right flipper were going dim and flickering. I kept on resetting the bulbs but often it would come back. However, after several attempts they seem to be good now (knock on wood). Maybe those sockets are a little off and unless you get the bulb just right it loosens up again and flickers/dims.
[quoted image]

That’s likely it. Those sockets are not a great design. Bayonets somewhat sticking up out of the play field on high vibration areas are subject to flickering/dimming/looseness. It happens on ALL my loc games on the inlane bayonets. I usually take them out and supplement a strip in the trough.

#1830 5 years ago

I have had the same issue in my Pro version, all it took was popping them out and back in....

Quoted from nicknack66:

[quoted image]

#1831 5 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

Not sure if we are talking about the same bulbs but the clear white bulbs under the plastic return guide (between the inner and outer return lanes) to my right flipper were going dim and flickering. I kept on resetting the bulbs but often it would come back.
[quoted image]

Yep, same bulbs. I can't imagine the sockets would be loose in such a new game. I was thinking there was a wire touching/shorting. I'll have to try and pinch the sockets a little I guess.

#1832 5 years ago

it was in the center of the sockets on some of them I polled up on them with plyers so it would put more presser on them
in other words they are loos

#1833 5 years ago

I have dropped a dab of solder on the tips of bayonet bulbs before that exhibited this in loose sockets. Took care of all issues in other games, and I assume it would work here too.

#1834 5 years ago

Side note: I'm surprised at a lot of the reviews for Deadpool - including SDTM's review on Youtube. I agree that the layout is kind of clunky sometimes - not as smooth as my Demo Man, for instance.

But this is an extreme FUN pin to play. Total package is extremely well done. Music is the best I've ever heard on a Stern pin, bar none. Enjoyability on it A++++ as far as I'm concerned. And when I have friends over, everybody crowds around it and wants to play it. Theme is exceptionally well integrated. 16 bit fighting game style animation is perfect. And the shots, while sometimes clunky, are unique and very different from other pins. Yeah, it's not perfect (no pin ever is), but it's extremely good. Definitely my current favorite in my collection, and of all the pins I've played recently, only JJP's Pirates is better (and that costs a lot more).

#1835 5 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

THIS.

I used Pinguy.app on my iPhone and raised up my DP's playfield angle to 6.9º (up from 6.5º) and I have to agree that it definitely plays much better. Fewer missed shots all over, especially with Lil' Deadpool, Colossus, & Katana shots. Flipper capture is easier, too.

#1836 5 years ago

Last night while playing on my DP Pro, the left ramp's right bumper popped off during a multiball.

Took me a while to find the two tiny black screws. One was still on the play field nearby, but the other fell into the cabinet's subwoofer and took me a while to locate.

The screws weren't stripped; they must've been loose. Easy enough to remedy, but most of the other bumpers like it aren't very accessible and so I can't really tighten them without some disassembly.

deadpool_bumper_felloff (resized).jpgdeadpool_bumper_felloff (resized).jpg
#1837 5 years ago
Quoted from djxealot:

Definitely my current favorite in my collection, and of all the pins I've played recently, only JJP's Pirates is better (and that costs a lot more).

An incredibly strange comparison in my opinion.

And I still don’t understand why ppl call this clunky. Only the Colossus shot is clunky.

#1838 5 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

...And I still don’t understand why ppl call this clunky. Only the Colossus shot is clunky.

Agreed.

#1839 5 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

An incredibly strange comparison in my opinion.
And I still don’t understand why ppl call this clunky. Only the Colossus shot is clunky.

The Colossus shot is actually pretty smooth for me (except with the tiny nature of the loop, it stills gives a clunky sound even when hit). I hit that shot a LOT, it's perfectly dialed in on my machine. The katana shot is what gets a little clunky for me, though it's a little better since I micromanaged the levelers a bit more. Tough to really get that shot perfectly setup.

But otherwise, yes, it's a very strange comparison. I may be the only person on Earth who was cross-shopping those two pins. At least, that's what my local dealer said, anyway. And I'm probably going to buy Pirates as well, anyway, and sell my Avatar to make room for it. I liked both pins a lot, but for very different reasons. Deadpool is slapstick, fun, and just a blast to play. Pirates was long, deep, and very well made. Bought Deadpool first because Stern pros are still very reasonably priced, all things considered. And Deadpool pro is very fully featured for a pro. Stern sells you a lot of pin for that money.

#1840 5 years ago

this is my best score now. I have not played much since the last update, the fights of level 2 are quite more difficult than those of level 1 ... also I have all the adjustments to the maximum difucultad.creo that well the game will be more long lasting

20190218_205148 (resized).jpg20190218_205148 (resized).jpg
#1841 5 years ago

agree, I can't believe that people don't rate this over that turd Munsters. DP is sooooo much better than that game.

#1842 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

agree, I can't believe that people don't rate this over that turd Munsters. DP is sooooo much better than that game.

The music on Munsters was utterly annoying. Couldn't stand it. It's the 'get stuck in your head' kind of bad. Immediately struck Munsters off my list for that reason. Deadpool, OTOH, has an epic soundtrack with a lot of variety. Muuuuuuuuuch better.

#1843 5 years ago

I played this pin (a DP LE) at Pinball Pete's in Ann Arbor on Saturday. It was the first time I've ever played any model of DP and seen it in person. I gotta tell you, I LOVED IT! I can't believe this pin doesn't have more fanfare surrounding it. Playing a 90's era fighting game while you're playing pinball was very fresh feeling and unlike anything else in pinball I've played, and I dug Gomez's non-traditional playfield layout. The humor of the game was also a breath of fresh air, and what's there to say about the art other than it's spectacular! DP solidly landed on my "want to buy" list. I dug the LE features, so I'll be looking for a Premium down the road.

#1844 5 years ago
Quoted from bwalter:

Last night while playing on my DP Pro, the left ramp's right bumper popped off during a multiball.
Took me a while to find the two tiny black screws. One was still on the play field nearby, but the other fell into the cabinet's subwoofer and took me a while to locate.
The screws weren't stripped; they must've been loose. Easy enough to remedy, but most of the other bumpers like it aren't very accessible and so I can't really tighten them without some disassembly.
[quoted image]

I noticed my top one backing out after the first few games on my machine. I tightened it and kept and eye on it, and sure enough it started backing out again. I put some blue loctite on it and 2,000+ plays later it's still snug in there.

While we're talking about it I had the same small black screws that hold the katana handle cover on fall off and require loctite, so maybe check those while you're at it.

#1845 5 years ago

My DP Pro on location is 75% to being paid off via earnings. If it really continues to earn like this I may get another and put the new one where the current one is and this one in a less busier place to be in semi-retirement.

#1846 5 years ago

Pro vs Premium? I like drops but stand ups play faster.

#1847 5 years ago

My LE plays plenty fast, even with the drops, although I haven't played a Pro to compare. In my mind the only significant difference is the lifting ramp on the Premium/LE that turns the left orbit into a loopable shot. It is a very satisfying shot (for me my favorite shot of the game) and also adds the disco loops mode. YMMV on whether or not that is worth the cash to upgrade from a Pro.

#1848 5 years ago

Anyone else suck at dazzle and mech suit multiball because they have s hard time seeing with the lighting effects during the mode? I just cant see the flippers well during the mode!

#1849 5 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Anyone else suck at dazzle and mech suit multiball because they have s hard time seeing with the lighting effects during the mode? I just cant see the flippers well during the mode!

Dazzle, sometimes. Mech suit, no.

But hitting the boom button can be a risk for this reason. Not only do you take hand off flipper button, but there's a moment of flash where you can drain easily - especially in multiball.

Part of the challenge, I think. I don't mind.

#1850 5 years ago

Lil’ Deadpool broke off at the hips on my premium (3 weeks old HUO) I’m guessing just glue to hold it together? Not sure how they expected it to last being 2 pieces and bashed like it is.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus
Sound/Speakers
$ 49.99
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 64.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Machine - For Sale
Grovetown, GA
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 16,196 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 324.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/37?hl=finisher604 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.