(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,261 posts
  • 1,089 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 hours ago by Minibull
  • Topic is favorited by 555 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg
dp27 (resized).jpg
dp16 (resized).jpg
IMG_2260 (resized).jpg
IMG_2259 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,261 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 326.
#1501 5 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

These are great. I’ve figured a lot of the same out. I just can’t figure out what makes bonus multipliers go up. And how long does play field multiplier last?
I’m sure the full code on this will be even better than now. I love it next to my xmen.
[quoted image]

They look gooood together!

#1502 5 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

Thanks. Appreciate the info, and glad it's not only my game (and my game does the other things you've mentioned as well). For the most part things work fine, so more minor annoyances then anything else (except once the ball jumped off the sword and drained down the middle and that did annoy me).

It happened occasionally so I added an additional piece of cushion to existing rubber at the end just before it jumps onto sword. Fixed it

#1503 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

It happened occasionally so I added an additional piece of cushion to existing rubber at the end just before it jumps onto sword. Fixed it

Could you post a pic of your solution? Been meaning to try this myself. It happens quite regularly to me, especially when the ball is flying around the loop at high speed. I think it hits the ramp portion that directs it back up on the katana and gets airborne. A few times it’s going so fast that it bounces off katana, bounces on playfield and over into left outlane... super frustrating when that happens.

I will be adding some dead drop foam in strategic locations when I’m back to my game.

#1504 5 years ago

Add extra foam to the black rubber bumper here (don’t make to think).

E5FC658C-2176-41AA-A6DD-72B6D9CFD546 (resized).jpegE5FC658C-2176-41AA-A6DD-72B6D9CFD546 (resized).jpeg
#1505 5 years ago

Installed a full set of pinmonk insert filters tonight.

Overall it’s an easy install. Like all things Pinball, take your time and you’ll be ok. Don’t drop any screws!

Some thoughts:

The holes for the right O and M in BOOM stripped for me when I was putting the light board back in place. It was easy to correct, and I found that the factory markings for screws weren’t used anyway. No idea why this happened.

The Mystique flasher on the back panel is a little tricky. You need two hands but it’s manageable.

The mode and multiplier lights are amazing. Real game changers.

The mystique flasher gets washed out when I try to snap a pic with my crappy phone camera, it looks better in person.

The right O and M in BOOM get washed out by the stock lighting. Might be time for me to swap out to sunburst or warm white.

I definitely recommend these mods. Bring on ghostbusters! Too many white inserts on that game.

4B50FE23-C981-4E4F-A645-85AF0BF95590 (resized).jpeg4B50FE23-C981-4E4F-A645-85AF0BF95590 (resized).jpegBAAF0CDF-D262-4AD7-9AD8-0A9D8B1D221A (resized).jpegBAAF0CDF-D262-4AD7-9AD8-0A9D8B1D221A (resized).jpegC2E32CD7-A325-47FE-B2C6-09C87121ABD2 (resized).jpegC2E32CD7-A325-47FE-B2C6-09C87121ABD2 (resized).jpegEDEE86D8-B51E-4D0D-961B-3931B99FF81C (resized).jpegEDEE86D8-B51E-4D0D-961B-3931B99FF81C (resized).jpeg

#1506 5 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Installed a full set of pinkmonk insert filters tonight.
Overall it’s an easy install. Like all things Pinball, take your time and you’ll be ok. Don’t drop any screws!
Some thoughts:
The holes for the right O and M in BOOM stripped for me when I was putting the light board back in place. It was easy to correct, and I found that the factory markings for screws weren’t used anyway. No idea why this happened.
The Mystique flasher on the back panel is a little tricky. You need two hands but it’s manageable.
The mode and multiplier lights are amazing. Real game changers.
The mystique flasher gets washed out when I try to snap a pic with my crappy phone camera, it looks better in person.
The right O and M in BOOM get washed out by the stock lighting. Might be time for me to swap out to sunburst or warm white.
I definitely recommend these mods. Bring on ghostbusters! Too many white inserts on that game.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Ha! Pinkmonk!

Thanks for posting your install, it looks great!

I had an issue like you describe, but on the first O in BOOM. The hole for it was looser than the other three. I don't know if Stern is using power tools on the line and overdrilling the holes or what, but if you had it, too, maybe it's a thing. Toothpick end firmed it right up, so it wasn't a problem, just weird for an almost brand new Deadpool. Perhaps it's also due to the fact that the factory screws for those BOOM light boards are very short. If other people have the same issue, I may just include 4 #6 1/2" screws in the B-O-O-M kit. I resisted doing that to keep the price down, but if people want it, I'll just revise the kit and bump the price a few bucks.

Thanks again for posting this. I sent a bunch of Deadpool brackets out, so hopefully others post theirs when they get them installed.

#1507 5 years ago

Typo corrected. Oops!

#1508 5 years ago

Updated code. Ill report back if it crashes

#1509 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Thanks for that tip. Will give it a try. I have some felt with adhesive backing that I will place there and see if that helps.

#1510 5 years ago

Patience is a Boom of a Virtue with this game!

#1511 5 years ago

Saving those BOOM@ for a 1 button Mystique mode feels sooo damn goood!

#1512 5 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Saving those BOOM@ for a 1 button Mystique mode feels sooo damn goood!

How do you do this?

#1513 5 years ago

Don’t use your boom when it is lit for first time. It will turn red when you complete the lanes 3 or 4 times. Then instead of hitting best ONE shot, BOOM button will hit ALL shots.

There are more rules about it, but that match I know.

#1514 5 years ago

BOOM button turns RED when i reaches FULL power for all shots.

#1515 5 years ago

Oh cool. So would you need teamups active too, or will super boom always complete a battle on one hit?

#1516 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Oh cool. So would you need teamups active too, or will super boom always complete a battle on one hit?

Depends on the team ups ready and which battle it is. I generally like to use the super boom on the quest modes.

#1517 5 years ago

It's really awesome on Juggernaut when you have all the shots lit while "taunting."

#1518 5 years ago

I didn't know that about the BOOM button,Thanks guys!!!!

#1519 5 years ago

I hope new code allows for “champions” for multiball, Modes, etc. so much fun to add still.

#1520 5 years ago

I still hope Gomez ads the soundtrack as a jukebox mode like the music pins. I love the music in this

#1521 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Really a nicely done mod and a perfect fit if you have the Pro model.
https://lermods.com/products/deadpool-pro-pinball-motorized-disco-ball-mod

Way cool, ordered one, will give a report once I install it. Would be so nice to have this 'premium' feature for under $100.

#1522 5 years ago

I hit a red super boom today during mech suit right after activating 2x. This new code is so good I can’t stop playing, it’s definitly becoming one of my favorite games.

#1523 5 years ago
Quoted from tonedef131:

I hit a red super boom today during mech suit right after activating 2x.

And?? Haha

#1524 5 years ago

And six double Jackpots doubles my score lol

#1525 5 years ago

In addition to the color of the boom button, keep an eye out on the bottom right side of the LCD screen. It shows you how many boom “bombs” you have saved up. When you get to 4, it turns into one large boom “bomb”.

#1526 5 years ago

I saw the shooter rod in the Stern store but no topper. Anyone hear if there's one on the way?

#1527 5 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

DURING ALL MBs
Beat the auto-plunge by short plunging into the pops/upper lanes. Latest code can award massive bonuses. Go for the bonus multipliers.

This really helps as I was able to score a 9x bonus at 98million during a tourney.

#1528 5 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

I saw the shooter rod in the Stern store but no topper. Anyone hear if there's one on the way?

Some day...
Them not having one available day one is giving free business to the mod makers...

#1529 5 years ago
Quoted from SLeRiC:

On Dec 1, 2018, I wrote:
When will the LP ship?
Please Advise
[email protected] Replied
Aiming for end of December but will send you a note once they are shipping your way so you can keep an eye out for it.
Thanks,
Zach
Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 7, 2019, at 12:11 PM, I wrote:

Any word on the LP shipping?

Zach replied:

Still waiting to get LPs in house. Should be this month, but will send official note out once we receive and they are coming your way.

#1530 5 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Has anyone had an issue with the new code crashing mid game? A friend told me not to install new code until next update due to the crash issue, but i wanted to see if anyone else has had issues

Mine crashed on code .96. friend was in lil Deadpool multiball and i believe was losing Sabertooth and then hit the wolverine spinner just as the mode/battle was ending. Game reset. It only happened that one time but I sent the SD card out to Stern to take a look at.

Always good to report bugs and crashes to the team so they can diagnose the issue.

#1531 5 years ago

Woohoo! Finally joined The Billion Club tonight! My strategy was to hit all the blinky things and not drain so quickly.

773D24C3-968E-40C0-8F27-11635592F3A2 (resized).jpeg773D24C3-968E-40C0-8F27-11635592F3A2 (resized).jpeg
#1532 5 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

Woohoo! Finally joined The Billion Club tonight! My strategy was to hit all the blinky things and not drain so quickly.
[quoted image]

I gotta try that strategy. Can't break the 700mil barrier using my current method (flailing wildly).

#1533 5 years ago

From Stern of the Union Address - January 2019 :

Deadpool – Hope all you Deadpool owners have been enjoying the new v0.97.0 code that was released a few weeks ago. We are working on another code update that is scheduled to be released later this month.

#1534 5 years ago

So in Mechsuit for example, does the Super Boom hit every jackpot on the playfield, or only 4?

I worked towards Mechsuit and collected enough weapons during Disco MB. Fortunately got 2X going towards then end then started Mechsuit. As soon as the ball kicked out I hit the red Boom but only got 30M. I SWEAR the 2X was still going, but it sure didn't show point wise.

#1535 5 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

De la Dirección de Stern of the Union - enero de 2019:
Deadpool: Espero que todos los propietarios de Deadpool hayan disfrutado del nuevo código v0.97.0 que se lanzó hace unas semanas. Estamos trabajando en otra actualización de código que está programada para ser lanzada a fines de este mes.

#1536 5 years ago

Watched one of my better player customers get 1 Billion today (Carl Reedy).

#1537 5 years ago

Nice mod PinMonk! Looks great!
(Color inserts on playfield now match back of game for each mode... trex, sabertooth, mystique, etc.)

You should develop multiple colors of multiple sizes and sell them one off.

Folks easy to install- looks good.
F1C3A65A-4BA0-4D61-A808-2EB8713977EE (resized).jpegF1C3A65A-4BA0-4D61-A808-2EB8713977EE (resized).jpegF5420C88-C172-4B07-AE49-C50A16630378 (resized).jpegF5420C88-C172-4B07-AE49-C50A16630378 (resized).jpeg

#1538 5 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

I came real close to a Billion just before a tourney Tuesday night. So so close. Also had a pretty good bonus total of over 200Million.

pasted_image1 (resized).pngpasted_image1 (resized).pngpasted_image2 (resized).pngpasted_image2 (resized).png
#1539 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

(Color inserts on playfield now match back of game for each mode... trex, sabertooth, mystique, etc.)
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for posting your install, that does look good! I don't know why they left Mystique white on the backboard when she's lavender/pinkish on the art, and her FRAME on the backboard is purple! The only problem is, now your white multiplier cluster looks naked.

Because of the different mounting situations it would be hard to make a bunch of generic colored brackets to mix and match. Just in that Deadpool kit there were like 4 different kinds of brackets, and T-Rex/Megaladon were sharing a single bracket because of the light board. X-Men is even more varied.

#1540 5 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Took our local shark all of one game to break a billion after we updated to .97. He’s insane.

I’m loving the new code though. Adds a lot more strategy.

#1541 5 years ago

Any update on the official Stern topper. I was certainly underwhelmed by the Maiden topper and went in another direction but would like to see how the dead pool one ends up before making a decision. The toppers seem to be hit and miss. My kiss, TWD, and GB are all pretty cool but Maiden one (at least for the premium) looks like garbage.

#1542 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Took our local shark all of one game to break a billion after we updated to .97. He’s insane.

Well, he probably had some inside knowledge of the Megaladon mode... playing with a “fin up” so to speak!!

#1543 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

[quoted image][quoted image]

That is about proximity of where I was planning to install that same Juggernaut figure (someday with Mystique and Sabertooth I'm sitting on waiting for next code update. Can you post a photo of it from perspective of the whole game playfield?

#1544 5 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

That is about proximity of where I was planning to install that same Juggernaut figure (someday with Mystique and Sabertooth I'm sitting on waiting for next code update. Can you post a photo of it from perspective of the whole game playfield?

Check out this post (FYI none of my figures visually interfere with seeing the ball)

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/29#post-4761803

#1545 5 years ago

It is maybe not the more objective post to ask this , but after some months, how is your feedback about the flow of this pinball?
Slower or faster than others new games (games of the last 2-3 years), stop and go or continuous flow, tactical game or "empty the mind" game ?
Thanks

#1546 5 years ago
Quoted from Ben38:

It is maybe not the more objective post to ask this , but after some months, how is your feedback about the flow of this pinball?
Slower or faster than others new games (games of the last 2-3 years), stop and go or continuous flow, tactical game or "empty the mind" game ?
Thanks

The game is faster than most of my other games, but those are from the 1980s/1990s (DP is my only modern pin). To me it's more continuous flow than a stop and go type game. I know some people have described it as "clunky" but other than the Colossus shot, it doesn't seem clunky to me (although isn't buttery smooth like my Steve Ritchie games). I don't have an issue at all with the ramp shot to the Katana that some people complain about. When I make a clean shot it typically works and when I make a bad shot it doesn't work. No different than the "Wall of Death" on my Rollergames. I would not say it is tactical like Star Wars, GOT, but there are more rules than all my other games (again 1980s/1990s). What I like about it is that my friends/relatives can quickly walk up to DP and have a great time playing it, but for me there is still a lot to do and still yet to accomplish (which my friends/relatives will probably never reach). I've had the game for over two months now and am still really enjoying it. It's fun to play, I like the theme and element of humor in the call outs, and the music and sounds effects are great and very varied. If I had to do it all over again I would buy it again.

#1547 5 years ago

I think the flow is pretty good on this game. I don't like that when you defeat a battle mode, you have to sit and wait for the video and back-and-forth call-outs to be over to kick the ball out of the scoop. It would be better to be able to abort all that if you wanted. Other than that, the flow is great.

#1548 5 years ago

Getting ever closer to the 1B club.

This game is a nice mix of flow and start and stop. And I think you can abort the battle finish. I know I cut off the “Say it announcer guy!” audio part way thru.

672D773E-D080-4F73-8143-B9EE9C06F7AD (resized).jpeg672D773E-D080-4F73-8143-B9EE9C06F7AD (resized).jpeg
#1549 5 years ago

Found a remaining LE NIB today - should be here next week! Will look awesome in my comic book room next to Spiderman Vault, X-Men and BM66!

#1550 5 years ago

Picked up this chimi truck at Walmart for $ 6.00 today, took off the plastic molded one and mounted it to the gate with the flasher inside the truck.

C63FD9AA-24E5-4B75-AF8A-7649C7FC76DF (resized).jpegC63FD9AA-24E5-4B75-AF8A-7649C7FC76DF (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 64.99
$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

There are 16,261 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/31?hl=speederice and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.