(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,295 posts
  • 1,092 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 37 hours ago by Magicman
  • Topic is favorited by 557 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240422_042849~2 (resized).jpg
20240420_214553 (resized).jpg
20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 326.
#1451 5 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Is anyone else ever getting decent end of ball bonus multipliers on a Premium/LE? I am at 1x 99% of the time. From watching videos of the Pro, the ball is in the top lanes way more than Premium/LE due to the Premium/LE doing the full orbit up the ramp. Looks like on the Pro the diverter is down most of the time to drop the ball into into the top lanes and then into the pops when shooting the left orbit.
My guess is it is much easier to get a decent end of ball multiplier on the Pro than the Premium/LE, or maybe it is difficult on both, or maybe I just suck.

Quoted from nicknack66:

Most of the time I am also getting 1x bonus but I think part of it is that I like to go for the super skill shot. It’s worth more, may lock a ball if the lock is lit, and it fits my personality (I like the full plunge with the super skill shot - no patience for the delicate plunge shot to try and hit the lit upper lane). Sometimes I do get 2x but that’s the most I’ve ever gotten. My playing skills probably suck as well so that doesn’t help (still haven’t crossed 500 mil even with the latest code update).

I also like to go for the super skill shot... but a trick I use is to lower the auto plunger strength (now in settings with new code). Now I can manually full plunge at the beginning of balls for the super skill, but when I’m in multiball during the ball-save period, each new ball auto-plunged ends up in the lanes (play with the strength). This gives me more lane triggers and also gives me a few more seconds to make shots with the other balls in multiball.

#1452 5 years ago

Which character is this ? Cable?

AA386BC9-FCE2-4CF6-990F-E9D721190B54 (resized).jpegAA386BC9-FCE2-4CF6-990F-E9D721190B54 (resized).jpeg
#1453 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

You can buy figures cheap on eBay, instead of plastic![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you get the dazzler figure? The only one I see is the 6” version.

#1454 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

You can buy figures cheap on eBay, instead of plastic![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Cool! How do you attach them?

#1455 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Which character is this ? Cable?[quoted image]

Yes. He’s also the one driving the Chimi truck when you go on quests.

#1456 5 years ago

I think it would be great to have a Disco Loops attract mode, with the playfield GI totally switched off, and only the disco ball lit up and turning.
Maybe playing the associate music track too. In diagnostics, its possible to do this without the disco music.
Would be awesome to have the machine do this for a short time.
Would Stern listen to such suggestions?

#1457 5 years ago
Quoted from pintuck:

I think it would be great to have a Disco Loops attract mode, with the playfield GI totally switched off, and only the disco ball lit up and turning.
Maybe playing the associate music track too. In diagnostics, its possible to do this without the disco music.
Would be awesome to have the machine do this for a short time.
Would Stern listen to such suggestions?

George Gomez said no attract sounds. Apparently drives bartenders at barcades batty so they turn the game’s sound off. Not sure why they couldn’t make the attract mode sound an option but maybe the fear is it’s a lot easier to just turn the sound off when it’s annoying than a menu setting.

#1458 5 years ago

That makes no sense. Add the attract sound and default to off so homeowners can turn them on in the menu. Done, everyone’s happy

Quoted from nicknack66:

George Gomez said no attract sounds. Apparently drives bartenders at barcades batty so they turn the game’s sound off. Not sure why they couldn’t make the attract mode sound an option but maybe the fear is it’s a lot easier to just turn the sound off when it’s annoying than a menu setting.

#1459 5 years ago

Just bought my first nib! Dp pro!!!

20181231_195840 (resized).jpg20181231_195840 (resized).jpg20181231_195845 (resized).jpg20181231_195845 (resized).jpg
#1460 5 years ago

I had an INSANE game over over the weekend, I got over 2 Billion! I have NEVER had a game that good before, on any pin. My next highest on this is just over 500 mil.

#1461 5 years ago

Has anyone swapped out the stock speakers for Flipper Fidelity or Pinball Pros? Would like thoughts/opinions on if it is worth it on DP. Sorry if I missed it somewhere earlier in the post. Thanks!

#1462 5 years ago
Quoted from thebosson:

Has anyone swapped out the stock speakers for Flipper Fidelity or Pinball Pros? Would like thoughts/opinions on if it is worth it on DP. Sorry if I missed it somewhere earlier in the post. Thanks!

I haven't , but I did add an external sub, turned up the volume and it sounds great.

#1463 5 years ago

Anyone else think Wolverine sounds like the Tasmanian Devil in Berserker’s Rage mode?

#1464 5 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

I've had mine light up and it will eventually start up but never or perhaps very rarely on the first shot. Sometimes a few shots or more that way to trigger the mode..

Maybe it's under a specific set of circumstances that it won't start. I was in Berzerker mode a number of times the last few games I played.

Also, all the Deadpool light lens mods for domestic have shipped out. International should be today and then I'm completely caught up - finally.

#1465 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Maybe it's under a specific set of circumstances that it won't start. I was in Berzerker mode a number of times the last few games I played.
Also, all the Deadpool light lens mods for domestic have shipped out. International should be today and then I'm completely caught up - finally.

Possibly, I have considered maybe it is like the disco modes, that you have to get so many spinner flips once it lights up, except it just does not tell you how many to go.. Perhaps by design, or by bug :/

#1466 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

What size figures are those? What are their item descriptions (i.e. manufaturer/'product line')? Thanks in advance!

#1467 5 years ago
Quoted from redman822:

What size figures are those? What are their item descriptions (i.e. manufaturer/'product line')? Thanks in advance!

Marvel universe

#1468 5 years ago

Dazzler very hard to find 3.75”. Only ones I see are 6”.

#1469 5 years ago

Pumped to get my pin monk shipment!

#1470 5 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Pumped to get my pin monk shipment!

Pumped to see pics of it installed - you'll likely be the first since they all went out together and you're closest.

All of them are very straightforward and easy to install except the Mystique backboard one, which requires 5 screws to be removed so you can get the frosted panel back there off, remove the screw holding the post with the light board, insert the lens bracket and then reverse everything. Give yourself 15 minutes for just that one.

#1471 5 years ago

Boom plunger plate installed!
Also new red plunger.
20190103_151557 (resized).jpg20190103_151557 (resized).jpg

#1472 5 years ago
Quoted from redman822:

I had an INSANE game over over the weekend, I got over 2 Billion! I have NEVER had a game that good before, on any pin. My next highest on this is just over 500 mil.

Default settings?

#1473 5 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Default settings?

Other than free ball on replay instead of credit, yes. One help was at one point during a multiball I had the playfield multiplier up to 4x thanks to snikt shots....

#1474 5 years ago

I'm interested to hear people's strategies on the current code. My GC score is just short of 900m. I don't have a solid strategy, but I usually do the following (roughly in order):

- Go for the Super Skill Shot. It's more fun, worth big bucks (5m) and I've gotten pretty good at it.
- Progress Lil' Deadpool while ball save is active.
- Battle Juggernaught if I'm near Lil' Deadpool MB. Select Juggernaught then start Lil' DP MB (D-E-A-D P-O-O-L targets are dangerous on a single ball).
- Battle Sabretooth if I'm not close to Lil' DP MB and have no team-ups (he's the easiest to defeat).
- Go for my team-up shots. On the way I'll also be collecting chimichangas, disco-loops and weapons.
- Battle Mystique when I have several team-ups.
- Do Quests as they become available, if I don't have team-ups, or if I've completed my battles.

Anything else I get along the way (Ninja MB, Katana-rama, Mechsuit MB, Beserker Rage, Disco MB, etc.) is incidental.

#1475 5 years ago

Never go into a battle without at least 3 teamups. I get all the left side teamups, then start a battle. I have to maximize my first run through the battles because once Sauron gets involved they are impossible to beat for me.

I only use lil Deadpool to collect weapons.

They just let quests and other modes and multipliers happen as they may.

#1476 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Never go into a battle without at least 3 teamups. I get all the left side teamups, then start a battle.

I only use lil Deadpool to collect weapons.

INTERESTING GGG...

#1477 5 years ago

Team ups are important and which ones you have qualified should dictate which enemy you select, this is my basic strategy for each one.

If I have Wolverine qualified I will usually go for Mystique, and ideally with a boom ready to go. Wolverine has to be the first hit to make her vulnerable and when he teams up you get double damage, so with a boom you can accomplish that before the ball even hits your flipper kicking out of the scoop and then will have both ramps ready to deal damage and a huge chunk of her health taken out.

Sabertooth is the easiest by a lot, so if I don't have any team ups I'll usually go for him first. However, ripping that right orbit should be your first order of business at the start of the game (to get to work on quests), and two shots there will give you the Domino team up which will drop it into the pops which also damage him. So I guess if she was the only team up I had I would go for him, she also awards super slings/pops so it's good to get that early on too.

Dazzler is probably the most useful for Juggernaut simply because it's usually the longest battle and she doubles the amount of time you have (Deadpools health). Your best bet with Juggernaut is to qualify the lil deadpool multiball so the light below it is green and the drops are down, then start the battle. This way you can lock a ball in there which activates ball save and you can safely bounce off the side targets. This is how you make him vulnerable, but it's very dangerous especially on Premium/LE models. You can knock the ball out and stack those modes, but lil deadpool mulitball isn't worth shit until you work up to super jackpots and even then I'm not sure it's really worth all the wood you have to chop in order to get there. I'll usually just leave it and focus on my shots until the lock times out and it will give it to me anyway.

Colossus doubles all scoring that takes place during a battle so it's great on any of them, just make sure you nail that finishing move. I've gotten nearly 100 mil just in the finishing shot with a quick battle, Colossus team up and a 2x playfield running.

Otherwise focus on weapons until you get to 75, then probably work towards wrapping up both quests for the second extra ball. With 6 multiball modes you can be in multiball almost constantly, especially on a Pro model. I got 930 mil with this strategy the other day, which is my best for .97

Oh and don’t forget to move an unlit BOOM letter to the inlanes every time you hit a ramp, that’s free button shots just for paying attention!

#1478 5 years ago

Wow, really good detailed advise.

#1479 5 years ago

I’m thinking of getting a premium for my next pin. I have played the pro on location. Would one of you mind linking me or posting a pic of the diverter/loop on the premium/le vs the pro?

#1480 5 years ago

My strategy (on a Pro):

BATTLES
Start Juggernaut first, then start Lil Deadpool MB - easy to finish
Next - Start Sabretooth - easy to complete in pops
Finally - Start Mystique.*

*If you have multiple team-ups and/or booms start Mystique earlier

QUESTS
TRex - easy to finish with little assistance. Left ramp Lil Deadpool x 4, then scoop.
Megaladon - go for the loops first. This will either hit the Megalodon (red shot) or narrow his range. Then trap on right flipper and time shot for left ramp (easiest shot). Or use a boom when the Megalodon is at the leftmost lit shot.

2nd round of BATTLES
Harder to complete, only because you have to break off from the normal shots to take down Sauron, use a boom, and make sure you have team-ups ready.

ONLY ever use a single boom in battle if you are 1 shot from completing and running out of time, or about to drain, OR you keep bricking a shot over and over.

DURING ALL MBs
Beat the auto-plunge by short plunging into the pops/upper lanes. Latest code can award massive bonuses. Go for the bonus multipliers.
Also focus on the inlanes (even more than the JP shots) to ensure you get BOOM lit asap, once you have it red (3rd time) you get a super boom which awards EVERYTHING lit.
Only bother using boom in MB if SJ is lit, you're about to multi drain or super BOOM is lit (so successive BOOMs lit are pointless)

OTHER
Super skill shot now isn't as desirable as increasing bonus multiplier - so go for the standard skill shot.
If you have Super Boom lit, DON'T light BOOM again - just light 3 out of the 4, otherwise it's a waste.
Super Boom and all teamups destroys Mystique with just one flipper shot for massive points.
Don't over focus on the Snikt target
BOOMs, and especially super BOOMs, are REALLY important for progression through the game.

That strategy has got me GC on every game I've played - so far.

#1481 5 years ago

Has anyone had an issue with the new code crashing mid game? A friend told me not to install new code until next update due to the crash issue, but i wanted to see if anyone else has had issues

#1482 5 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Has anyone had an issue with the new code crashing mid game? A friend told me not to install new code until next update due to the crash issue, but i wanted to see if anyone else has had issues

I've been running 0.97 since it came out and probably a few dozen games or more. No issues with crashing here... I think there would be reports in this thread if this were true.

#1483 5 years ago

Ok cool. I want to update since im running .86 i believe, but wanted to check first

#1484 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

I've been running 0.97 since it came out and probably a few dozen games or more. No issues with crashing here... I think there would be reports in this thread if this were true.

Same here - no crashing and have played many games on .97. Still some bugs though, but assume/hope they'll be worked out in future updates.

#1485 5 years ago

LE/Premium owners - does the ball ever fall off the Katana sword when you hit the ball around via the left orbit (Dazzler Spinner)? It doesn't happen to me very often, but sometimes when the balls comes flying around and goes up the shooter lane up/down ramp, rather than land in the sword and then roll down into the right inlane, it just bounces over the sword (above the protective metal piece that is perpendicular to the sword) and onto the playfield. If that protective metal piece was longer it wouldn't happen. Wasn't sure if this issue was specific to my game and/or if there is something I should adjust to prevent this. Thanks.

#1486 5 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

LE/Premium owners - does the ball ever fall off the Katana sword when you hit the ball around via the left orbit (Dazzler Spinner)? It doesn't happen to me very often, but sometimes when the balls comes flying around and goes up the shooter lane up/down ramp, rather than land in the sword and then roll down into the right inlane, it just bounces over the sword (above the protective metal piece that is perpendicular to the sword) and onto the playfield. If that protective metal piece was longer it wouldn't happen. Wasn't sure if this issue was specific to my game and/or if there is something I should adjust to prevent this. Thanks.

That happens to me a couple times a game.. Most of the time it takes the intended path, a couple times hops the sword into the playfield, and sometimes if it does not make the full orbit cleanly, the ramp that pops up/down ends up being a little mis-timed as well, and blocks the ball from making it to the sword.. I've noticed the latter problem more if the side to side level is off.. And I think, popping off the sword seems to happen most often if the ball really whips around the orbit cleanly..

#1487 5 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

I have had three crashes in code 0.97, two when battling sabertooth, both with chimichanga banga going and mystery lit. I have also had the game lock up when I started berserker rage and it just kept re loading balls and autofirining with a ball stuck in the hellhouse. After all three reboots, all switches were fine and game functioned normally.

#1488 5 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

No probs with .97 yet

#1489 5 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Ok cool. I want to update since im running .86 i believe, but wanted to check first

Update it to .97 you will like the new modes / etc.. I have played several games a day on it since the code was released, no crash issues..

#1490 5 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

That happens to me a couple times a game.. Most of the time it takes the intended path, a couple times hops the sword into the playfield, and sometimes if it does not make the full orbit cleanly, the ramp that pops up/down ends up being a little mis-timed as well, and blocks the ball from making it to the sword.. I've noticed the latter problem more if the side to side level is off.. And I think, popping off the sword seems to happen most often if the ball really whips around the orbit cleanly..

Thanks. Appreciate the info, and glad it's not only my game (and my game does the other things you've mentioned as well). For the most part things work fine, so more minor annoyances then anything else (except once the ball jumped off the sword and drained down the middle and that did annoy me).

#1491 5 years ago

Thanks for all the info, titan, what model do you have? Pro? Im going to risk it and update it tonight i think

#1492 5 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

I've had mine crash a few times. Every time was after a left orbit shot while in a mode. I own a pro.

#1493 5 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

My strategy (on a Pro):
BATTLES
Start Juggernaut first, then start Lil Deadpool MB - easy to finish
Next - Start Sabretooth - easy to complete in pops
Finally - Start Mystique.*
*If you have multiple team-ups and/or booms start Mystique earlier
QUESTS
TRex - easy to finish with little assistance. Left ramp Lil Deadpool x 4, then scoop.
Megaladon - go for the loops first. This will either hit the Megalodon (red shot) or narrow his range. Then trap on right flipper and time shot for left ramp (easiest shot). Or use a boom when the Megalodon is at the leftmost lit shot.
2nd round of BATTLES
Harder to complete, only because you have to break off from the normal shots to take down Sauron, use a boom, and make sure you have team-ups ready.
ONLY ever use a single boom in battle if you are 1 shot from completing and running out of time, or about to drain, OR you keep bricking a shot over and over.
DURING ALL MBs
Beat the auto-plunge by short plunging into the pops/upper lanes. Latest code can award massive bonuses. Go for the bonus multipliers.
Also focus on the inlanes (even more than the JP shots) to ensure you get BOOM lit asap, once you have it red (3rd time) you get a super boom which awards EVERYTHING lit.
Only bother using boom in MB if SJ is lit, you're about to multi drain or super BOOM is lit (so successive BOOMs lit are pointless)
OTHER
Super skill shot now isn't as desirable as increasing bonus multiplier - so go for the standard skill shot.
If you have Super Boom lit, DON'T light BOOM again - just light 3 out of the 4, otherwise it's a waste.
Super Boom and all teamups destroys Mystique with just one flipper shot for massive points.
Don't over focus on the Snikt target
BOOMs, and especially super BOOMs, are REALLY important for progression through the game.
That strategy has got me GC on every game I've played - so far.

Awesome write up. Thanks for posting. I didn’t know super boom was even a thing...one strategy difference I do is on megalodon. I trap the ball on left flipper and backhand the left ramp. That to me is the easiest shot.

#1494 5 years ago

Thanks for all the strategy tips! Definitely will give them a try. I have been unable to get over 225M, but I think it's more a reflection of my poor pinball skills. No issues with .97 btw. I did have a loose wire that I had to fix on the katana ramp optical switch. It was loose at the board. My multiplier and Skill Shot would not trigger as a result. All good now.

#1495 5 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

If your friend's is resetting mid-game ("crashing") it may be a power supply issue. Spike is notorious for it. Have them check the output from the power supply and make sure it's strong at 48v. If it drops low in intense action like multiball, it can cause a spontaneous reset.

#1496 5 years ago

These are great. I’ve figured a lot of the same out. I just can’t figure out what makes bonus multipliers go up. And how long does play field multiplier last?

I’m sure the full code on this will be even better than now. I love it next to my xmen.

8B7810A8-5F6E-4CEB-B0F6-287F0135FD4B (resized).jpeg8B7810A8-5F6E-4CEB-B0F6-287F0135FD4B (resized).jpeg
#1497 5 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

I just can’t figure out what makes bonus multipliers go up.

Completing the BAM! rollovers at the top of the playfield.

Quoted from Morhaus:

And how long does play field multiplier last?

Not long enough. I wish there was a way to adjust the playfield multiplier duration. 3X has been my highest so far.

Here is a fairly good write-up http://tiltforums.com/t/deadpool-rulesheet/4311

#1498 5 years ago

Thank you!

#1499 5 years ago

Make combos to keep pf X going.

#1500 5 years ago

Mine has crashed only once on .97
Been solid otherwise

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grovetown, GA
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bay Area, CA
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 64.99
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/30?hl=birdforce1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.