(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,295 posts
  • 1,092 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 36 hours ago by Magicman
  • Topic is favorited by 557 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240422_042849~2 (resized).jpg
20240420_214553 (resized).jpg
20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmonk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

666 posts in this topic match your search for posts by pinmonk. You are on page 2 of 3.
#4014 4 years ago
Quoted from Cliffy:

it was an emergency fix for the guy, Vic. I sent him one of the LOTR guide fix to get him going. I don't own the game and had no measurements at that point. it is much shorter and I have slotted the mount end specifically for DP now.

I would expect no less of you. Carry on.

#4015 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

ok, believe it or not, i've beaten Deadpool already, THE FINAL BATTLE in 5 games or so...
not sure all is from factory settings (where are the save posts in the outlanes ? and i have rubbers on the posts between in/outlanes !?)

Well, for one, rubbers on the posts between the outlanes is a major cheat. It keeps the ball in play forever. Those posts are designed not to have rubber in DP. Also, did you reset the game to factory settings before playing?

#4018 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

confirmed by Patrick P. at STERN :
Hi Michel,
The out lane post are set at the top (widest opening) and the metal post do not ship with rubber rings.
Regards,
Patrick
i've already (re)open the outlanes posts, and the DP owner prefer that i dont remove the rubber rings (to not damage the balls)

Pfft. Having the rubber on the lane dividers ruins the game (as you've seen), and since the ball is FALLING onto the metal (when it hits at all), that's much less damaging than firing them onto metal upstream from the flippers. I say take the rubber he added to the lane divider posts off so the game plays as designed instead of being a kindergarten version. With rubber on those posts, the game plays WAY too long and too easy.

Then when you are to give the machine back to the preschool, spring for $12 of new balls so he/she has nothing to complain about.

#4056 4 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Are the rubbers I have circled in the pic (sorry, I stole pics from Stern website... I get my DP Pro next week, hopefully) the ones that are supposed to be removed? Thanks![quoted image]

The rubber is not supposed to be there at all. They don't come from the factory on those posts at the top of the lane guides. If you add them, it makes the game WAY WAY too easy and ball times really long.

#4059 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

@ outposts (from full close to full open), and keeping rubbers on the metal post, for info :
near 1 week after i've beaten DEADPOOL (scoring 6B points), all scores were reseted & i'm now at 2.2 (all scores entry going from 1.4 to 2.2) with further i've gone is 3 time to CLONE SINISTER...
you to set your pin as you prefer but yes, DP does not feel hard (like for example TWD can be)

Deadpool is NOWHERE NEAR as hard as TWD. But it's more fun. TWD can be a grind to get going.

#4070 4 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Speaking of washers, I've had my DP Premium since July. Just recently, I started getting loud unexpected thumps. I thought it was related to Lil Deadpool and the drop target issues there. Nope. It was the POOL targets. Can you figure out why? I did.[quoted image]

Target plastic bending? It's becoming more common.

#4075 4 years ago
Quoted from durgee7:

Finally did the washer fix at the ball guide. Thanks to you all for letting us know about this issue. Also, while vacuuming the cabinet, a broken drill bit was found magnetized to the speaker. I thought that was interesting.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's actually one of Gomez's toothpicks. Very rarely seen outside Stern. Must have been inspecting the Deadpool line after lunch the day yours was made. Lucky duck.

#4096 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Just joined the club. I ordered a DP premium today. Very excited. It will have Stern's Topper, Kitana side armor, and shooter knob. Can anyone suggest any other 'must have mods' and what "preventative measures should I implement once I get it? Thanks in advance for all suggestions.

You'll really dig the pin. But unfortunately the Katana armor is SUPER CHEAP looking and feeling in person. Stern totally cheaped out on it so I wouldn't normally recommend it, but since you already have it on the way, not much to do about it now. (For people who aren't locked into the Katana armor) For just a little more than that katana armor costs you could have red sparkle armor similar to the LE that looks much better.

Shaker motor's a great purchase for Deadpool. Integration is good. We ended up swapping out for a Pro translite on the Premium because the Premium translite just didn't seem as cool, so that's another option.

#4137 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

+ Fix priority writing for mini modes that cock block you from being able to start a wizard mode.
+ this game needs a high score table like a lot of sterns with individual achievements.
+ there’s still a couple minor bugs out there like the outlane save being used when ball saver is active. Once in a blue moon I still get odd behavior with lil Deadpool, mainly when I have Juggernaut running.

It's got quite a few weird bugs still, like:

1 - Mystery weapons on the wheel not being added to your weapon screen total that comes immediately after it until the NEXT time you're at hellhouse, even though the game is processing the higher number internally.

2 - Weirdness with Li'l Deadpool. I hit it and right as the timer was ending (before the ball was auto-released), I hit the hellhouse scoop. It asked me to pick an opponent very briefly, then the screen freaked out a little, the drop targets fell and it played Li'l Deadpool stuff THEN as I was in multiball, it went back to the selection screen and asked me to choose an opponent, which was understandably challenging in multiball. This would be pretty easy to reproduce with the glass off, I would think.

3- Throws fake trough errors in the diagnostics that clear just by kicking a ball from the trough.

4 - The eyes on the "say it announcer guy" deadpool 3D model are not solid. There are gaps in the model at the corners of the eyes that let you see through to whatever's behind it.

5 - The graphic of the pinball being loaded into the Katana on screen is slightly too large, so you can barely see the top of the ball bleeding outside of the top of the handle after it goes in.

6 - While restarting the game between the bonus screen and the match wheel, the game restarted, but it counted the new game's first ball kickout to the trough as "ball save" (with the callout and animation on the screen) burning the ball save for that first ball.

BTW, is there anything after MegaKrakadonkulus Rex? Defeating that's as far as I've gotten, but I defeated it and drained, so I don't know if there's more...

#4148 4 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

Well as an owner of a Jurassic park with pooling i can say the whole pooling scare seems to be quite overblown. Not trying to hijack or start another debate, ive read both sides. But the pooling is hard to see unless you're actually face to glass looking for it. The pictures are super close up and make it look worse than it does in person. And again my deadpool has no pooling, if drowning in the pools is the only thing stopping you from your purchase, id say go for it. If you've never played deadpool in a private setting where you can hear everything it has to offer you're in for a treat. I don't want to part with mine but it will be going on location soon. It was enough to convince me that i need to install a headphone jack on it though, so players can have the intended experience in the wild.

The main problem is that the pooling can and does lead to chipping. It took a year on the Iron Maiden Prem we have, but one of the pooled star posts chipped a chunk off to the wood ON THE INSIDE OF THE SLING, meaning it likely chipped off from vibration transferred through hits to the star post since no ball is ever making contact in there. Curse you, post pass!

So, yeah, definitely something to keep an eye on, regardless of how minor the pooling looks on yours now.

#4154 4 years ago
Quoted from StoneyFL:

I also meant to note that a couple days before the service menu button stopped working, the service menu would come up after rebooting the pinball machine. Hitting the service menu button would close out service mode and start normal operation. Now after a reboot the game comes up normally, but the service menu button will not work. I've tried wiggling the wires around while pressing the button and nothing helps.
Any thoughts on how I can fix this and regain access to the service menu?
Thanks!

Do the volume buttons work?

#4156 4 years ago
Quoted from StoneyFL:

They do. All three of the other buttons work fine.

Well, that's good. I was afraid they were all out, which is very bad since those are handled by Node 0 and that's the CPU board, so it's a bad deal if that's the problem.

Did you reseat the connectors at the CPU board?

If you manually close the switch leads momentarily, can you make the switch work? I'm wondering if the switch is just mechanically bad.

#4165 4 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

Premium unboxed tonight! Beautiful pin!!
One issue: DEAD and POOL drop-targets will not rise. Any ideas on why this might be?[quoted image]

Check the connections to the drop target assemblies and follow that back to the node board to check for loose connectors. Was the coin door closed when they wouldn't rise?

#4171 4 years ago
Quoted from StoneyFL:

It doesn't look like the actual switch is bad. I went all the way back to the node board and was able to adjust the volume up and down and add credits by manually closing the pins with a paperclip. The only one that didn't work was the service menu pin. See attached screenshot.
Could it be a partial failure of the node board? Think I should email Chas @ Stern at this point?
Thanks much for taking a look and for the ideas![quoted image]

I'd use a multimeter to check continuity of that specific wire on the connector back to the service switch to see if the wire just is intermittent or broken.

#4176 4 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

Yes! Checked code loaded on Service Menu, and it is indeed Pro code! Crazy!!

Top flight QA at Stern. Probably forgot to turn the light table on again, too.

#4191 4 years ago
Quoted from fissionch1ps:

My left flipper is getting weaker with time. It’s gotten to the point where a solid shot up the katana ramp runs out of momentum before it turns to load the hilt.
I replaced the stern coil stops out with the pinball life ones about 50 games ago. Otherwise I haven’t messed with them.
Any likely culprits?

Coil swelling? Does the flipper move easily if you manually move it by hand and snap back when you let go?

#4202 4 years ago
Quoted from fissionch1ps:

Yeah, no problems with movement. I put it in coil test, fired the flipper ~100x and tested movement again. All fine. It’s a subtle problem. Just noticing the oomf on the left isn’t quite there.
Not seeing any mechanical problems or linkage issues

How much voltage do you have at the coil? Compare right coil power reading to left. Maybe your node board isn't supplying enough power?

Also, is your EOS switch there and working right?

#4205 4 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Thats it, right there. Seen this quite a bit on Spike systems. Just replace the EOS and you should be good to go! Other thing I've seen cause this is a cracked flipper bushing.
Best of luck.
Brian

It was a big problem on KISS, for some reason. I don't know why just that machine...

#4237 4 years ago
Quoted from SpadeofAces18:

Just got my Premium today. Love it! Question though: I found the rubbers in the goodie bag and put them on the outlane posts but the right outlane now gets balls stuck with the rubber on. It's getting stuck between the rubber on the post and the rail guide to the right. Has anyone had this happen and what did you do to fix it?

Leave it off. It's meant to play without them.

#4238 4 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

Well done in any event. I had one pin at two different locations and it was a total bust. Made about $800 over two years. My problem was definitely the game --it was Domino's Pizza. I had it in a Domino's restaurant thinking people would play while they waited for their pizza... or at least the staff would play when it was slow. Nope on both fronts.
I'd be happy to put my Deadpool Premium on location... but finding a suitable location is a tall order.
Anyone here use "Paywave" to allow people to play and pay electronically? I don't really understand how it works with pinball...

Paywave is a no-go for low cashbox machines like pinball. The fees will eat you alive.

#4248 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Beauty 4 sale:

I've played an LE, and if you were only closer I'd probably recommending upgrading our route Prem to an LE! The Deadpool LEs are really fantastic-looking. Love the orangey-red armor, special LE only art blades, and the mirrored backglass. Good luck with the sale!

#4252 4 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

Hey guys sorry if this has been brought up in the 83 pages (i did search for my key terms). Has anyone noticed the backglass has a woolly mammoth and squid/ octopus on it? Do you think they will become quests in future code updates? Also on the krackamegaladonus-rex mode; the scenes show "3" teeth collected while there is only 2 quests currently. All more signs of missing quests/ game modes that would hopefully be in future updates?

I think the Kraken(squid)/Shark just represent the existing Megalodon mode, and the T-Rex/Wolly Mammoth represent the T-Rex mode. Kracken is already in the Megalodon mode.

#4275 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

THANKS SKB!!!
I realize not a phenomenal score in "the owners club" here but it was the highest of the league on that machine last night. I do remember lucking into that shot a couple times. Gonna head down tomorrow and put up 300m.
I realize I can look up the matrix, but are the differences between pro/premium worth the extra scratch? Pro seems awful packed.
Some of the best shots of all recent Sterns I think.

And if you can stack disco loops and a mode and a playfield 2-3-4-5x multiplier and ninja multiball, you can get some crazy scores, but you have to pay attention to the order to get all of that going. Really great code. Tanio has done a great job.

#4283 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I only had a couple hours to kill and couldn't even break 70k. Swear I had some 10 minute balls, but like every other new fuckin Stern, I never know what to shoot at.
This is the CRY forum right?

Shoot for anything with a lit insert. Repeat and you should get over 70k pretty easily.

#4312 4 years ago
Quoted from Pensfan112:

Just ordered my Deadpool premium hopefully it'll be here soon! Actually sold my JJP Pirates so I could pick Deadpool or a Jurassic Park decided to go with Deadpool then eventaully I'll probably get a Jurassic Park when the codes more complete even tho it's pretty good already. Any must have mods I'll probably get some art blades for it but the premium seems to have everything I want already.

Shaker motor, for sure. You can also swap out the translite art for the better Pro version for less than $100.

#4314 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Is there a post in here showing the install? Can’t find one

Pinball Life has them for $79
https://www.pinballlife.com/shaker-motor-kit-rev-c-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-games.html

Installation is dead simple. 6 screws and 1 plug.

John's Arcade has an install video with way too much talking and futzing, as usual. But it'll give you the idea. Same for Pro/Prem.

#4327 4 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Hey guys. My drop target banks seem to be firing very frequently and randomly throughout game play. Also seems like at the start of some balls the drop target banks go Crazy and then the ball auto launches from the shooter lane. Any ideas?? Anyone else seen this??
Thanks in advance.

Targets aren't resetting right. Likely either a bowed target that doesn't grab the ledge to hold it up every time OR the ledge the target grabs onto has broken. So either bend the targets back toward the front if they're bowed, or replace a target ledge if it's broken.

#4346 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

I'm with others in that the only way to get multipliers (outside of 100 weapons for 2x) is the snikt shot (snikt target to ramp) is poor design. I get that it is a difficult shot and should be rewarded, but to be the only way to get 3x+ is bad. I'm not sure if they are still working on DP code, but having more options for playfield multipliers would be something that I would want.

Playfield multipliers are super-lucrative. Making them super hard to activate makes sense. I've practiced the shot enought that I can ALWAYS get at least one 2x during any game, often get 3x going, and sometimes get 4x going. 5x is very rare, but does happen. The trick for me is to keep drilling that shot from the left flipper during multiball, so I get a lot of chances in a row. I know the approximate range on the flipper for the shot, but the tolerance is tight. If I can get a bunch of shots in a short period, like in Multiball, I can often get to 3x right away.

I say Tanio has it right. Leave the PF multipliers the same. Maybe have an alternate way (or additional) to boost the PF multiplier permanently (like finishing all disco modes - not a gimme) or something if there HAS to be a change, but they should be hard to get and keep.

#4348 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

What’s “LilDP bounce”?
I agree the Snikt shot is more luck than skill - you aim for the general area and hope it bounces up, or it happens randomly during multiball. Such a powerful shot being so random - reminds me (unfortunately) of the Sim shot on DI.

It's WAY less random than the SIM shot. The tolerance is very tight for when to make the shot, but with practice you can do it more and more. The part that pisses me off most is having it go airborne instead and ending up on the plastic next to the ramp, then rolling off instead of going up the ramp. That happens too much and is super irritating.

#4358 4 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Greetings gents!! Took delivery of a new Pro today. I have a question. I want to completely outfit this thing with protectors but I only see that Cliffy has them for the shooter lane, drain, and lane switches. Is any one else manufacturing a full blown set to protect everything possible for this game?[quoted image]

What else do you need protected??

#4367 4 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Every single area that would be subjected to wear. The ball eject/shooter lane, switch slots, and the drain under the apron

That's what Cliff offers. That's why I'm confused. If you want to cover ALL the switch slots, his are generic and will work for all of them, but that's pretty unnecessary. They're only there for the rollovers on the return lanes to protect the slots from ball drops chewing them up.

#4368 4 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

I browsed both of his sites in their entirety and only see mention of the shooter eject and outhole drain protector being done, so I can only assume that more are on the way whatever they may be.
https://www.passionforpinball.com/WIP/Deadpool-drain-ejects-set-001.JPG
https://www.passionforpinball.com/WIP/DP-ejects-inst-01.jpg
https://www.passionforpinball.com/WIP/DP-outhole-bev-01.jpg

He has a protector for the right lane guide at the entrance to the katana loop also.

#4370 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

Just wondering if you think DP will get another code update... It seems pretty complete and Stern now has new games that need polish. Updates are always welcome, but I don't see them as thinking DP needs anything.

Deadpool needs some polish. There are still not a small amount of bugs/weirdness issues. The "1" kerning problem really bugs me, too. There'll be another update. Tanio was busy helping on Ghostbusters for a while, and probably is on his next game, too. Patience.

#4385 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Now that it is finished I wanted to share some pictures of my "modded out" Deadpool Premium. As you will surmise, I am addicted to mods. I know not everyone is, but I am and I have done it on all 8 of my games with Deadpool being the most extensive. We really loved the game out of the "box" but even more so now.
We think that we are lucky to be in a hobby with so many creative and supportive suppliers of really terriffic mods. Some of the very best that we have found include The Modfather, Mezel Mods, the Mod Couple, and Robertstone0407 who did the powder coating (fusion red) for our game. Anyway, here are some pictures that we hope you'll enjoy. Please feel free to pm me for any questions.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great!

#4402 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I was going to buy a DP Premium this week, only to find out none are available in Canada right now. I could have bought a DP pro, but it's a real toss up between the two for me. I really like the disco ball effect and added disco loops mode. Plus, drop targets are always fun! Surprisingly there are still DP LE available, but still at full MSRP.
I do have a question about the premium though. Does the left orbit always loop around to the right side, or is the ball ever stopped at the upper lanes (like the pro).
Rob

I don't recall a situation offhand where a left orbit is stopped by the gate (both sides up there are controlled gates), but the right orbit definitely does vary pass-through or drop into lanes depending on mode on the premium.

EDIT: Dur. Of course Sabretooth battle! The easiest mode for this very reason!

#4413 4 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

I can definitely tell that I'm getting the hang of things. My high score just went from 200 mil last week to over 800 mil just now. I was unlocking all sorts of things but I would like to know exactly what they are and how I even got to those modes. I recall fighting sauron, mech suit multi ball, another type of multi ball that starts with an M in big brown letters. I was able to defeat almost all of the main characters except for T rex, but what would have happened had I defeated him also?
[quoted image]

Sauron is the next battle after you complete Juggernaut, Mystique, and Sabertooth.

Mechsuit Multiball is after you qualify x number of weapons. Should be between 40 and 50, depending on how your machine is set up.

Maybe it was an N, not an M? Ninja Multiball?

If you finish the two quests, you'd battle Megakrakolodonus Rex.

#4445 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I think I'd prefer it if they tied the PF multiplier to some number of "Y" shots and then hit "Z". Make it difficult, but doable on purpose. The Snikt shot reminds me of everyone's arguments about the old skill shot from GB. If you're lucky enough to drop it into the correct lane, you get 6x.

Technically, you get two shots lit that can give you 6x total for that GB skillshot. You don't get 6x for making the lane. And that's one of my favorite shots in GB. With practice I eventually could hit it about 40% of the time, which is a LOT for a shot that gives you a way to get 6x playfield.

The Snikt is even more abusable since you can extend it by making more shots to it. I think Tanio has the balance on it just right. I get it at least once per game and frequently stack it to 3x or 4x. Making it easier would break the scoring IMO.

#4447 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

If you can consistently reach 3 & 4x in a game, you're ahead of the curve compared to most people I've talked to. Multipliers should never be easy, but they should be purposefully attainable. I feel this one is based on chance. But like I said, it doesn't affect my overall opinion of the game.

Frequently isn't the same as consistently. I can consistently get 2x. I can frequently get 3 and 4x. I've gotten 5x only a couple times. Given the power of the multipliers, I think that's about right.

The only thing I hate about the shot is it will go airborne and end up on the plastic next to the ramp, then dribble off way more frequently than I would like, but I don't think there's a fix for that.

#4466 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Does anyone have a picture of their Deadpool with white leds instead of the factory red?

Comet Pinball has pics of this in their marketplace ad for the replacement light kit for that area.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1090-comet-pinball/01921-deadpool-lighting-upgrade

#4484 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Thinking about jumping in on a Premium. Any playfield issues on this title? If so, does there seem to be a “ safe date” ?

PF clearcoat pooling with ink adhesion problems leading to chipping. If you have a playfield with the art cut out around posts (cleared wood showing) you have the newer version. However, even the pooled ones can be addressed with a little time and some mylar. I wouldn't let it stop me from buying what's become one of the best pins Stern has put out in a while.

#4486 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

The build date on my pro is October 2018, I have not art around the posts and no playfield issues.

Look carefully. There were pooling problems with Stern playfields as recently as this past Summer 2019. You might have gotten lucky. Stern seems to use multiple playfield vendors, so it's playfield roulette.

#4489 4 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

When are the key times to hit the BOOM button, and what is it's purpose?

If you have one or more team ups lit and want some help quickly taking down Juggernaut or Mystique, a yellow BOOM will "complete a shot" for you and call one of them in right away.

#4496 4 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

A confession: this thread represents about 50% of why I own a Premium. I'd played the Pro lots on location, but only had one game on the Premium at a show. Loved the drops. But mainly it was reading this thread that made me pull the trigger. People just seem so damn happy with their Deadpool.
I am very happy with my purchase.

Premium/LE is, without a doubt, the way to go for Deadpool. Some pins that's debatable. Not on Deadpool. Perfectly clear.

#4498 4 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I haven't played a Premium/LE to compare it to, but I've had my Deadpool Pro for 2 months and have put 500 games on it, while my other 4 machines sit almost completely unplayed.
Love my Pro and I'm sure I'd love the Premium/LE! It came down to cost for my first NIB game, even though technically my TZ is worth more...

There's enough demand that resale is pretty great on Deadpool so you can upgrade to a Premium down the road a bit and you'll love the title even more.

#4513 4 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

Who is the character in this pic? Cable?[quoted image]

The head next to deadpool in the TEAM UP logo is Colossus. The guy with the gun is Cable.

#4514 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Are they not shown on his site? Anybody have a pic of what his protector looks like?

Check the topic index at the top of any page in this thread. Near the bottom of the index list there's a link to the Katana entrance Cliffy post that has a couple pics.

#4520 4 years ago

Bulletproofed the guide at the entrance to the Katana shot today. I think the washer with a mylar ring at each of the 3 holes is the way to go because on the one here, the curved part had started scratching through the clear, making a curved line from the metal flexing. By using a thin washer, it raises that part barely off the playfield until coming down at the mid-point post.

I took pics of the process (which required more parts removal than I expected) and will see if what I have is coherent enough to make a step by step post with pics.

#4531 4 years ago
Quoted from N8man:

So does relocating the snik target make the multiplier shot easier?
Mine is on the rail just like the 4 other dp I have seen.

I'm pretty sure the Deadpool Prem here is the same way. I think it may be that way on purpose to provide an anchor point to propel the ball up the ramp when you hit the middle or right edge. I'll check next time I'm at the location that has it.

#4553 4 years ago

Done! Posted pictures of the lane guide protection process and a description here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/protecting-katana-lane-entrance-from-playfield-damage

#4558 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Thx. Ive hear maidan is great but not a big fan of their music. Thx for the suggestion!

I was not a KISS fan (at ALL), but really learned I could live with all but two of the songs on KISS LE. Really liked the game a lot. Give Maiden a try. You may not mind the music as much as you think if the game grabs you (and it's a great game).

#4560 4 years ago

So, yeah, pretty sure having the Snnnkt! target partially on the lane guide is on purpose to give it an anchor point to help flip the ball up the ramp. This is stock, as it came from the factory, and it's the same way as all the others that were posted looking the same.

Therefore, I wouldn't change it, just play better if you're having problems making the shot.
snnnkkt-factory (resized).jpgsnnnkkt-factory (resized).jpg

#4565 4 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

When "mech suit multiball is ready" sounds, how do you collect it or start It?

Shoot the hellhouse scoop.

#4571 4 years ago

Okay, so I asked George Gomez and he confirmed that if the target is overlapping the lane guide, that's not right. It likely means the target has slid over on its mounting (as they do) and you need to just pull it back on the target bracket towards the flippers to straighten up the target (no need to lift the playfield or unscrew the bracket).

So, this is WRONG:
snnnkkt-shifted (resized).jpgsnnnkkt-shifted (resized).jpg

And these are RIGHT, after I pushed the target back towards the right so it straightened up on the bracket. Commenting on these pictures, he said, "That is correct. The target guards the edge of the ball guide and there should be a gap between the back of the target and the ball guide.":
snnnkkt-1 (resized).jpgsnnnkkt-1 (resized).jpgsnnnkkt-2 (resized).jpgsnnnkkt-2 (resized).jpg

Given the side hits, I'm sure keeping this target straight will be an ongoing job.

EDIT: Pinball Life sells an anti-lean bracket kit that will keep this target from moving to the side all the time:
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=BK3

#4579 4 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Thank you for finding out the truth on the target placement! I'll have to check mine out as it overlaps the lane guide by about 1/4", but has been working fine.

Yeah, I had no complaints about being able to make the shot, but nice to have the clarity of how the machine is supposed to be.

I'll probably put something on the target to keep it from drifting off center from the constant off-angle ball hits, because without that, I can see this target needing this adjustment a lot.

#4580 4 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

My target overlaps as well, but will not budge. Is there something under the pf I’m supposed to loosen?

Depends on WHY it's overlapping. Can you take a picture from the front and top down on the target?

#4582 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

This should be placed as a "key post".

I would, but I'm not allowed to key post my own posts, regardless of how informative they may be. People complained.

I totally agree, but someone else will have to keypost it.

#4584 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

How do you key post something? I'll do it. Then I'll key post your information on how to key post.

You have to be approved to get the ability to keypost stuff. If you have it, there will be a little key at the bottom of each post and you click that to mark it key and add a comment for the index. If you don't have the key, you don't have the ability to do it.

#4586 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

I guess I'm not one of the privileged. I can report it as abuse though.

It's on the opposite side. Left would be "Drain, Bookmark, Mark Key". Right Side is "Quote, Link, Report Abuse"

#4602 4 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

Not sure exactly how this happened, but while playing my Lil DP apparently decided to try and decapitate himself.[quoted image]

Might want to get a washer under the first post on the lane guide to raise it a little since I see what looks like the same clearcoat scratching evidence on the curve of the lane guide that we had here. The guide flexing scratches the clear, digging into it and leaving a white line of powdery residue.

clear-digging (resized).jpgclear-digging (resized).jpg

I just did this and documented the process here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/protecting-katana-lane-entrance-from-playfield-damage

#4605 4 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

I......love.......this......game!!!! I'm getting on the board consistently wiping out my #1 score but I'm trying to get into my champion territory at 837 mil +. I can now shoot from the left flipper and bank shot off of the snnnnkt switch up the ninja lock ramp to stack for multi ball. Figured it out totally by accident.
Unfortunately I also found another issue. If all 3 lil DP targets are down and the ball slowly rolls behind them, it some times gets stuck behind the far right target. You can see why in my pic that the far right target is slightly raised which hangs up the ball. The machine will then sense a malfunction in that area and the lights go out in that area until you drain and a new ball starts, the area then reactivates and functions normal again. The only way I can free the stuck ball is by nudging which sets off the tilt, so I either tilt the game and free the ball or just let the DP area die and play the ball out.[quoted image]

Your targets are sitting a bit too high. There's a screw on the bottom of the target assembly under the playfield that sets where the targets stop. Just back that off a little so your targets sit flush with the PF when they're down.

#4607 4 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Thanks!! The left and center targets are dead flush with the field.
The right one......[quoted image]

I'd look at the assembly and see if something is different about that left target stop underneath. Might be a burr or something on the assembly that's preventing it from going that last mm down. If not that, maybe something on the target bottom itself (mold error or something?).

#4610 4 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

There was a nub on the bottom which I assume is from the mold, I've already filed it down flush.

Great to hear! Thanks for posting the solution.

#4621 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

So I'm seeing a lot of shots that come down the sword that feeds the right flipper and the ball falls out. Is there a fix for this? Anyone else seeing this with regularity?

I see it happen VERY infrequently (like 2-3x a month, and I play a LOT). If you're seeing it a lot, record with an iphone in slo-mo the length of the sword and that might tell you where it's going wrong so you can adjust. Are both screws on your sword blade tight so it doesn't move at all?

#4641 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I was wanting the DP premium for a while but tried to find on locally used and never was able to get one. Then I played JP and decided to get a NIB JP Premium. Turns out now my distributor has a DP Pro (used and new) and DP Premium and I was thinking if I should pick it up too. Now I am torn between the DP Pro and Premium since I spent the extra money on the JP Premium do I still want to spend the extra funds on the DP Premium.

Deadpool Premium, for sure. The best experience of the two.

#4643 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

I would hope so for an additional $1,600. The question is more if the difference in experience is worth that cost. I do not believe it is, but that's not an insignificant amount of money to me, and the difference between the games doesn't justify it.

Given that you'll get a better experience and the resale will be very good, if you can front the initial difference it doesn't matter because once you sell it, the cost of enjoying it will be almost the same as a pro taking into account the buy/sell price spread, and you'll get a much better experience. It's one of the few Sterns where there's no doubt - the Premium/LE version is better.

#4647 4 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I actually like the art package on the Pro the best and also the plastic figures better than the molded ones, but I may be in the minority on both of those.

You're right on the Pro backglass art, for sure. We replaced the Premium backglass art with the pro version almost immediately and set the premium translite aside.

Quoted from awesome1:

The disco ball is intriguing and I wasn't really sure that the ability to do a left loop back to the flipper and extra drop targets would be worth the additional amount.

It's not just the disco ball, but a whole very satisfying, spinner-rip mode that's completely missing on the pro. Plus the disco ball lighting. A cool plus up on the experience.

#4651 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

I went pro on Deadpool mostly because I just don't see much improvement in the premium. There are a couple of things I thought were neat, but not enough to make me go for premium. Maiden on the other hand I think premium is hands down the best version and worth the cost. Either way, with most of these games if you won't miss the money then you might as well go premium haha.

I agree with you that Iron Maiden Premium is the better of the two, but unlike Deadpool it's not a 100% perfect recommendation and comes more down to user preference because the Premium plays much differently than the Pro because the mummy lock shots are moved on the premium to the ramp. So on Maiden, I can see someone preferring the Pro and I would totally understand why. But there's no such ambiguity with Deadpool. The Premium/LE is the best experience.

#4663 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I've had my DP Prem for about a week and am loving it. Just a ton of fun, like many have posted, makes you want to play one more every time. I've broken 1 billion a couple of times and have yet to see Mr. Sinister (which I love that this isn't TOO easy)

I got Mr. Sinister (or what I assume is him, it was a VERY stereotypical vampire guy) doing a callout in Disco Multiball the other day. It cracked me up.

#4665 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

I think that the vampire is Morbuis and the voice is from Tim Kitzrow (Elvira, Attack from Mars, Twilight Zone...)
[quoted image]

Is Morbius on the game art somewhere?

#4667 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Yes, on the left orbit, here:[quoted image]

Ah, I always just assumed that was Mr. Sinister.

#4671 4 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I've been to the Mr. Sinister stages a few times, but haven't completed all of them yet. Isn't that Mr. Sinister on the playfield?[quoted image]

Yes, that's him, but I thought the other ones that are apparently Morbius were Mr. Sinister, too, which is why I thought the vampire callouts were Mr. Sinister. He's also on-screen in the MegaKrakadonkulus Rex battle.

#4677 4 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Could anyone describe to me how to take the wolverine plastic off? I upgraded the ninja stars to the solid steel ones and the plastic on the right with a blue mark on it wolverine need to go in but I have no idea how to get the clip off, marked green. It almost seems like it’s riveted in[quoted image]

From that angle, it looks like you have to drill out the rivet.

#4697 4 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

I just got done modding the crap out of my DP Prem. I still have to add 2 more custom figures (Domino and Cable) and new coin door lights, but its 95% done.
I also made a custom Tournament button that's flush mount which I will be selling soon. I can;t believe Stern expects you to use the yellow one that is made for slot cut SAM and early Spike i.e. GB and AS, it sticks out 1/2 inch and looks terrible.
Steve and Pinball Refinery did the sword polish and powder coating for wire forms and external parts. I received everything in the mail in 1 weeks time frame. He coated my, TWD and MET too and even got me the rails that I wanted.

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great, what color red is that for the powdercoating?

#4704 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

So my shaker motor just triggered in the game and wouldn’t shut off. It kept activating at the highest level of shaking and just would not stop. I had to cancel the game. It kept going. I shut off and reset the pinball machine twice and as soon as the power started to come back on the shaker motor went fully activated and would not stop. I’m not aware of any other issues and I checked the wires they’re fine the slam tilt capacitor is installed and no issue of grounding and no wires were touching so I don’t know what it could be I’ve never had a pin do that before. Anyone have an issue with this in Deadpool or know what it might be? No tech alerts either. Had to unplug the shaker altogether. Otherwise plays normally. Nothing seems stuck.

Whose shaker motor?

#4707 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Stern. It’s an LE. Was installed when I got it. First time I’ve had any issue with Deadpool since I got it last Nov 27 actually.

It's running off Node 1, which is the coin door interface board. Page 27 of the Spike schematics (attached) covers Node 1 where the shaker motor connects at CN16.It's all mostly surface mount, including the transistor I *think* runs the shaker motor (a 100A FET (BUK7240) right by the connector). If you have a multimeter, you can try testing that at Q15. If it's shorted open, that's your culprit, but since it hasn't been that long, I'd just call Stern tech support tomorrow and see if they can verify that and just swap out for a new board. 1-800KICKERS.

Spike_Schematics.pdfSpike_Schematics.pdf
#4733 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Is anyone able to shoot this or does it just happen?

With practice it can be done a few times per game.

#4737 4 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

Anyone know what term to apply to what is happening with my playfield here?
Hope the pictures show it clearly. Seems to be "bubbling ".
Have a few more days of warranty left (I think). Would this merit a claim?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like a pretty severe case of clear pooling. Is it actually lifting off the playfield, or just bunching up? Hard to tell with the reflections. Maybe try to take pictures with the game lighting off in a well-lit room?

In any case, I'd definitely put in a warranty claim on it.

#4748 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipnaught:

Yup same on mine. My problem is that the last time I waxed my playfield I got some wax build up under the mylar and it looks like it might be getting worse. Probably going to order a small sheet of mylar to cut out and replace the factory piece with. It's like the piece they put on is slightly too large or just misplaced by a tiny bit and starts to come up in that location.
How hard is this stuff to pull off? Any risk of damaging the clear coat when removing it? Tips?

Freeze spray method is the easiest (compressed air can upside down, spray mylar until frosted and it should just release with a minimum of pulling pressure as the cold causes the adhesive to fail. Clean up sticky residue with goo-gone). Unfortunately, it's hard to find compressed air without bitterant added these days.

#4753 4 years ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

Dumb question:
Big difference in play from code 1.0 to 1.02?
I updated today and don’t see a huge difference.
What an awesome pin, though.
Love it!

1.01 was a pretty good bump. 1.02 was more like a mini-maintenance/fixup release.

LE V1.02.0 - May 13, 2019
=========================
- Added Adjustment - "LIL DP START REQUIRES BALL LOCK" (Default is YES).
- YES: The ball must be locked behind the Lil' Deadpool drop targets in order
to start a Lil' Deadpool mode. (This was the default behavior in v1.00.0).
- NO: When the Lil' Deadpool is lit GREEN for lock and the Lil' Deadpool stand-up
target is hit, the device will attempt to lock the ball behind the drop targets.
If the ball is not locked within 4 seconds, the next Lil' Deadpool mode will start
automatically. (This was the default behavior in v1.01.0).
This adjustment is ignored if the "DISABLE LIL DP TARGET BANK" adjustment is set to YES.
- Fixed: Right orbit switch was ignored for 2 seconds after ball leaves shooter lane.
- Updated Super Skill Shot: timer increased from 3 seconds to 5 seconds.
- Updated Ninjapocalypse: awards 5M, 5.5M, 6M, ... 10M max.
- Updated Ninjapocalypse display: added score and ninjas collected.
- Snikt display: added playfield multiplier value.

LE V1.01.0 - May 8, 2019
========================
- Updated LIL' DEADPOOL LOCK Device:
- Improved ball lock handling. If the drop targets do not stay up when
the devices attempts to catch the ball, retry the drop target reset
up to 3 times. If the ball is not successfully locked within 4 seconds
of hitting the Lil Deadpool target, start the next qualified
Lil Deadpool mode.
- Improved ball lock-out handling. In the lock-out state, the drop
targets are reset whenever they are hit. If the ball gets behind the
drop targets when the device is in this state, lower the drop targets
to release the ball.
- Adjustment: "DISABLE LIL DP TARGET BANK" - when this adjustment is set to YES,
the Lil Deadpool drop targets will never reset and the Lil Deadpool device
will not be unable to lock balls. Rules that rely on locking a ball in the
Lil Deadpool device will compensate; the following rules are effected:
- Lil Deadpool Multiball, Frenzy, and Bounce
- T-Rex Quest
- Mr. Sinister: Megakrakolodonus Rex
- Mr. Sinister: The Final Battle
- Adjustment removed: "LIL DEADPOOL LOCKS BALLS" (Lil' Deadpool device will
always attempt to lock balls unless "DISABLE LIL DP TARGET BANK" is set to YES.
- Adjustment added: "BALL SAVE TIMER: LDP RECENT LOCK" (Default 0 seconds). If this
is set to a value greater than 0 seconds, a ball saver will start as soon as the
Lil' Deadpool target is hit to initiate a ball lock attempt.
- Updated switch test: do not reset Lil Deadpool drop target bank when the
Lil Deadpool target is closed in switch test.
- Updated T-REX QUEST:
Updated rules:
- At mode start
- All arrow shots are lit.
- Lil Deadpool drop targets stay up when hit.
- When a lit arrow shot is made
- Shot is unlit.
- Lil Deadpool drop targets trip down.
- T-Rex hurry up starts on the Lil Deadpool stand up target (12 seconds).
- If another lit shot is made, the hurry-up value is boosted and time is added.
- If hurry-up times out, drop targets are reset. If no shots are lit when the
hurry-up times out, all shots are relit.
- When the lit Lil Deadpool stand up target is hit,
- Collect hurry-up award.
- All shots are relit.
- Collect the hurry-up 4 times to light the scoop to collect DNA.
- Shoot lit scoop to collect DNA sample and complete the mode.
- If ball is drained while scoop is lit, the mode is completed.
Updated display:
- Display T-Rex Hurry-Up value when it is available at the Lil Deadpool target
- Updated WEAPON JACKPOT award:
- 100, 200, 300 weapons ... bump playfield multiplier minimum for the rest of the game.
- Updated MYSTERY: If Extra Ball is Lit, do not award Light Extra Ball from MYSTERY.
- Updated LIL' DEADPOOL FRENZY: switch value increases by 100k each time the
mode is restarted. Max switch value is 400k.
- Fixed REGENERATE - during multiball, a ball going down the left outlane with
Regenerate lit would intermittently not award a ball save.
- Added formatted game pricing to attract mode screens.

- System V2.27:
- Updated to nodeboard firmware v0.40.0
- Updated instructions for RESTORE SETTINGS.
- Reordered items in UTIL->VOL, moved CABINET SPEAKER TYPE to be after
BACKBOX SPEAKER TYPE.
- Added UTIL->RESET->VOL which will reset all audio settings to their
default values.
- Append (MAX) to the credit message if the number of credits equals
the CREDIT LIMIT adjustment.

#4755 4 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

So I just got a premium and it has code Version 1.03? I have no idea what the differences are.

Do the 1s on the mystery wheel have weird spacing (almost like double spacing after them)? That'd be the easiest thing to check. Tanio said that would be fixed way back in June.

#4765 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

With all the talk about moving the snkkt target to its intended position. Did anyone move it to only find its worse? Im kind of nervous to try!!

It's about the same for me. Maybe a smidge harder, but not bad. I'd rather have it as intended, but I need to put a brace on it do it doesn't slide to the side again from repeated side hits.

#4776 4 years ago
Quoted from Humph:

Hey thread-posters -- stop posting !
Been reading this thread for a few days now and I'm only on page 48 of 96, reading every post, & making notes on what tweaks to do and mods to buy.
After playing dozens & dozens of games on a DP Pro (and achieving a full splat) at a local barcade for the last year or so, decided to get a DP Premium after playing an LE at a pin museum & decided Premium over Pro, although the Pro is a ton of fun.
It'll arrive in 10 days or so - can't wait !

Lots of fun coming your way. DP Premium is fantastic.

#4778 4 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Is there a particular Stern Shaker that is compatible with DP & JP? A link would be much appreciated!

We use the pinball life ones. Work great and the price is right:

https://www.pinballlife.com/shaker-motor-kit-rev-c-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-games.html

The only one I would warn you away from is the cointaker red tremor. It makes very unpleasant shaking, more like a jackhammer than anything else in the segment.

#4783 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I don't get this. People spend $7,000+ on pinball machines and then save $20 on a knock off shaker motor? Some work well, some don't. At one point they all had problems, plus it voids your warranty.

We have had zero problems with the pinball life shakers on well over 10 route machines, and they feel "smoother" than the Stern ones somehow. It's more about the feel than the $20.

#4785 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

For a newb, I recommend the official shaker.

Why? The pinball life one is great.

There's literally no reason to go with the Stern one except brand loyalty.

#4788 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

To a newb? Just so I understand, you are recommending a newb install a 3rd party shaker motor, save $20 on his $5,000+ game and void his warranty? The guy asking was very new to pinball and had a couple of very new games. It's not certain, but not a huge stretch that he bought them new.
This is my last post on this, I'm glad your happy with your $20 cheaper shaker motor, but to recommend a person who needs a warranty the most, void it over $20 is crazy.
You're happy with them, keeping buying them. You guys enjoy them, but that isn't the point.

Technically, if you put ANY mod on a $5000+ game, you've voided the warranty. So are you recommending n00bs be prohibited from modding their $5000+ game at all? Plain vanilla or nothing as punishment for their n00b-ness?

Bearing that fact in mind, it's just not a concern in the real pinball world, especially with long-proven commodity items like shaker motors, leg brackets, ColorDMD, lollipop rails, etc. from reputable sources. You're inventing problems to justify your personal feelings.

#4791 4 years ago
Quoted from VonPinball:

For Pro owners, Ebay, a clipped up coat hanger, and three screws makes for some nice figures in the game [quoted image]

Haha! Unfortunate wire placement/camera angle. It looks like Wolverine is taking a standing dump with either an unbroken stream of diarrhea or a log that would make Lincoln proud.

Thematically, if you're going to go the figurine route, I'd move Colossus over by the Hellhouse scoop, since that's where you shoot for him in the game.

#4795 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

- Better on screen information for if something like disco loops is ready

You mean like a bigger box or bigger text? It already says it's ready in the upper left corner of the screen as soon as you finish the number of spinner spins required.

#4800 4 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

FALSE. I've said this a million times in other threads: Legally, you can add ANYTHING YOU WANT to ANY PRODUCT YOU OWN and the manufacturer's existing warranty remains valid. The ONLY way a mod can void your manufacturer's warranty is if the manufacturer can PROVE that your mod caused the defect you are trying to get covered. Further, you are protected even if the manufacturer claims otherwise, including putting a security sticker over the product that says "warranty void if removed".
The Magnuson Moss Warranty Act is law in the US and supersedes any BS any manufacturer, pinball or otherwise, tries to tell you. Period. The end.

Wow, I guess I should have said "Technically...according to the manufacturer."

#4803 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Its also triggering the try for super skill shot each time....
Edit. Its only balls two thru the end of game that are doing this. Not the 1st....
Edit2. Now its all balls. Chrcked connections and they all seem ok

Check "tech alerts" under settings->diag. If that's clear, go into switch test and check that a switch isn't stuck or intermittent.

#4805 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Thx. All clear there...

And switch test doesn't show a flipper sticking or the center button sticking when you press them a few times slowly?

#4810 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Ok i guess middle button was sticky despite diag saying no. I slammed the button like 50 times and now it works. Thx!

baby-yoda (resized).jpgbaby-yoda (resized).jpg
#4823 4 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Had a good game on my Deadpool on the weekend and noticed the left flipper at the end of a long ball was taking a split second too long to drop. POointed it out and others could see it too. Ended up costing me the ball.
Anyone know off the top of their head what would cause this to save me the trouble of figuring it out?

Coil stop. Endemic issue on Sterns lately, and especially Deadpool. Replace all of them with the ones at pinball life and be done with it.

#4826 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Broke 2 billion today for the first time, have now made it to Mr Sinister 3 times but never beat it.

Congrats! 1.6 billion and change is the best I've done, but I have a lot of billion plus games now. This is easily one of Stern's best, and I give a lot of the credit to Tanio on software.

#4829 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I honestly don’t think the Snikt multiplier shot is overpowering. It really is a dangerous shot to miss, at least on my machine. Risk/reward baby!
But how’s this sound for an idea. Give out a few more per ball multiplier awards like how lil Deadpool bounce and getting 100 weapons is setup now. For example, 3 ninjapocalypse’s in one ball grants 2x for remainder of ball. And/Or ghosting a certain # of ninjas.

I'd like to see a situation where in multiball the time between switch hits runs a multiplier, so you basically have an invisible hurryup that counts down from like 4x to 1x very quickly (seconds or fractions of a second) only in multiball, and invisibly which resets to 4x with each switch hit. This would reward players for keeping the most balls in play hitting switches and not cradling. It should create a large scoring gap between people who cradle and people who play the game to the point that cradling wouldn't be attractive anymore. Once multiball is over, that invisible switch hurryup goes away until the next multiball.

#4831 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

i just ordered some as well as ive noticed copper shavings. any tips on installing?

It's super-easy. Just take off the back two hex-head screws at the end of the flipper bracket (be careful not to lose the small lock ring on each screw when you remove them). Take off the old coil stop, put the new one on, snug it up and replace the screws.

#4841 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Question for everyone who ordered NIB. I’m currently in a trade deal for a NIB Deadpool. The first one was supposedly damaged by the shipping company (I don’t know because I never saw it) and the distributor stated that they would have to order a new one through Stern. That supposedly happened and it was shipped on 11/21. Still no word. I keep hearing “next week” but haven’t seen anything and also do not have tracking. The person I’m trading with stated that the distributor hasn’t provided him with any information other than “it’s coming”. My question: How long did it take to receive your machines from Stern when they shipped and did you receive tracking? The information that I’m receiving doesn’t sound right but I wanted to ask here first before jumping to any conclusions.

You do get tracking with the freight company, and shipping is quick unless they don't have stock. Did the distributor tell you directly or are you getting all this second-hand? It doesn't take 3 weeks to ship from Chicago to Alabama.

#4848 4 years ago
Quoted from Nyraiderfan:

[quoted image]

Check the movement of the flipper with your hand. Does it move freely?

If so, next check the coil stop for that flipper. It would suck if yours was blown out from the factory, but Stern's coil stops REALLY suck now, so it's not impossible.

#4860 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Agreed that is what I was told, but more curious how long it takes for Stern to create one of these if ordered today. I'm hoping the "shipped" comment was correct and it's on its way, but my trading partner may have misunderstood.

Stern doesn't make these onsie-twosie. They do them in batches, so if that IS the case, you'd be waiting until more Deadpool are on the line being made. No idea when that is. I'd get the name of the distributor and do some direct questions. Something isn't right.

#4864 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I’m thinking about buying an LE…are there any specific issues I should be aware of?

NIB or used?

#4866 4 years ago

Nope, no real concerns. Make sure you get your LE Vinyl album. The LE for Deadpool is a beautiful machine. The metallic flake in the orangey-red of the armor really looks awesome.

You want to put a protector on the right guide for the katana ramp entrance to the right of the Li'l Deadpool area ASAP, though. It tends to dig into the clearcoat.

#4874 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I have an issue with my left lil Deadpool drop target not always resetting in the up position properly. Becomes a real nuisance during T-Rex mode. Any tips or tricks for making an adjustment would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

You mean it doesn't stay up when reset?

Two possibilities:
1. The plastic ledge "lip" is too far away from shelf that holds the target up because the target is warping/bending slightly from the ball hits. Stern's crappier target plastic bends over time now, I guess. Bend it back if it has a slight curve.
2. Thin plastic shelf that the target rests on when up has broken. This is unlikely if the problem is intermittent. However, Stern has cheaped out on these ledges, too. I never had seen a broken one on any pin ever until GoT broke like 6 months in. Took out the part and it's paper thin now. Another hidden cost-cut for a penny or two.

#4879 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Nice. Thanks vireland - yes, it doesn’t stay up. Looks like I may have been on the right track as I actually did #1 a couple weeks ago and that seemed to do the trick, but just started acting up again so made the post to see what others did. I’ll look into bending it again, knowing that others have done that makes me feel better about actually doing that too

It might just be an exceptionally weak/bendy drop target and replacing it and transferring the sticker might be the only long-term solution, though. You'll have to play it by ear.

#4889 4 years ago

Can someone please lend me a hand with my DP LE?
I am the second owner and it didn’t boot when I first got it home.
I reset the nodes (phone cable looking hookups) not only under the PF but also in the back box and that seemed to work, though I still had to do it a few times now and again.
Now, that’s not working.
I can’t get it to boot but the backglass lights and speaker lights light up.
What should I be checking?
Thanks for the help.

Try re-seating the SD card, but it sounds like you have an SD card fail. Buy a good-quality Sandisk or Samsung replacement and re-image it.

#4892 4 years ago

So I messed around with all the connectors by the MPU and got her to fire up and play perfectly.
Wonder if the MPU is starting to go out?
I’ll call stern and report back.
In the meantime, what a game, huh?
First game back and I faced an enemy I’d never seen before.
Man I love this pin!

Moving pins is always a crapshoot. One or more connectors may have come loose and you may not have a problem again now that you've reseated them.

#4898 4 years ago
Quoted from Humph:

Anyone have experience with PF protectors made by:
https://www.playfield-protectors.com
They are from Germany and use PET-G material that is 0.5 mm thick.

I hate playfield protectors. Just keep the game waxed and you'll be fine. The game will play better, too.

#4902 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Someone mentioned in another thread the new playfield protectors from Germany are so thin that they don’t change how the ball rolls. I don’t know if that’s true or not but would appreciate your thoughts on it.

Sounds like condom marketing, "so thin it's like nothing at all."

No, no it's not. Something's definitely there.

Plus, with the ink and clear adhesion issues on recent Sterns, it might be a one-way change since pulling it up later might take chunks of the playfield art with it.

#4923 4 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

What is the most current code right now? I'm wondering if I need to update.

1.03, but 1.02 is all you can download at the moment.

#4928 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Much difference?

Just support for the interlock switch Stern WISELY added back in to their machines.

#4932 4 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Does 1.03 come with an interlock switch? I seem to have misplaced mine.

Pfft. I wish. Stern ain't giving them out now to the people that supported them buying machines that stupidly had them removed. Just new buyers.

#4934 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

What does interlock do?

Cuts high power to coils, etc when it's not engaged (i.e. coin door open). Removing it from spikes after KISS or so as a cost savings was the dumbest thing Stern has tried recently. If you don't have the interlock and need to test the switch in the shooter lane, better watch your fingers because the coil will slam the auto-fire into your fingers. Doesn't happen if there's an interlock.

#4938 4 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Funny thing is, you can’t even test switches with the coin door open. Since the entire nodeboard shuts down. You have to pull the interlock again to restore power and then it will slam your finger again when testing the shooterlane switch.

I don't have one of the Spike2 systems with the interlock restored, so I had no idea. Wow, that is some SERIOUSLY STUPID system design if that's the way they have it work now.

But it doesn't have to be that way. I seem to remember KISS had the interlock and I remember testing switches with it while coils were disabled. But maybe that was because it was Spike 1?

#4948 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Added bullet hole decals to the chrome door on Deadpool.[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great, but that armor has to be a fingerprint nightmare...

#4956 4 years ago
Quoted from maroot:

Just ordered Deadpool Premium! Should have it by the 13th of January. My first pin.
So pumped!

You should be, it's a great experience every time you press START.

#4963 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

my boom (or start the game) button is not working all the sudden. I tried making sure the little metal thing was pushed down enough so it made contact and it was...still nothing working...any ideas?

Did you try pressing the switch with the lockdown bar off while in switch test mode? Does it register that way?

It may also be in a constant "on" state from too much pressing and just need to be gapped again, too. Switch test should clear that up.

#4971 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

Finally got around to checking this....and it does not work. Just makes the "whir" sound in test. Is this a replacement issue, or is there another fix?

I don't remember. Did you check the auto launch assembly with your hands to make sure it moves freely manually (when the machine's off) forward and back? It sounds like it's jammed and the coil can't move it (which would be the whir, I think).

#4974 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Haha, got me by 37 seconds Monk.

Monastery training is no joke. Reflexes become sharp like mother-in-law's voice.

Pinmonk_sml (resized).jpgPinmonk_sml (resized).jpg
#4982 4 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

I’m looking to get a OEM shaker motor for my Deadpool premium. I know it needs to be a spike, but does it need to be specific to Deadpool? A lot of listings online list specific machines. The Spike shaker on Stern’s website is sold out.

This is what you want.

Don't get too hung up on the OEM warranty thing. These work great. We use them exclusively in all the machines we bring in for route and they get pounded as a result. Zero failures.

#4984 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Holy shit. Are you on commission or something? He said multiple times OEM. Pinballlife makes their knock off look OEM, especially now that the real shaker is out of stock and not on the website.
To actually answer your question, no. It is not Deadpool but spike specific. The part number is: 502-5027-01
They are hard to find in stock right now, but these guys have it. It’s typically $100 so try and pay that:
https://www.gotpinball.com/product-page/shaker-motor-kit-spike

Works both ways. Are YOU on commission, Stern sales department? You're very hung up on Stern shakers when they offer zero practical benefit over the pinball life ones @ 20% less money. He only wanted OEM because he's clearly a n00b and doesn't know any better. Trying to ease him in to this pin addiction.

You can have your brand-name preference, and I'll live in the real world where I can choose a better product for less money because the brand isn't important to me, the performance and price are.

#4988 4 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

Thanks! This was really helpful. A lot of the shaker listings seem to be intentionally vague. I would much rather spend a few extra bucks on a OEM one that doesn’t void the warrant on a 7K plus machine...especially since I am a “noob” and could do something wrong to break the machine with one that’s generic.

There's no difference in the plugs or installation method. You can't mess it up with the $100-$120 Stern OR the $80 Pinball Life one. And, the PBL shaker has a smoother motion than the Sterns, no adjustment required. Putting the PBL one in is not going to void the warranty on the rest of the machine. It's just not. There was ONE problem with the pinball life ones when Spike initially came out that caused damage to the coin door node board due to lack of published specs. Terry at PBL covered it. Since then, ZERO reported problems, and that was a long time ago.

Here, see for yourself, the pinball life instructions:
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/docs/instructions/SPIKE%20Shaker%20Motor%20Installation%20Instructions.pdf

Stern Spike Shaker instructions:
https://www.zax.com.au/assets/brochures/502-5027-01.pdf

The only shaker I absolutely advise against is the Red Tremor from Cointaker. I *hate* the unpleasant jackhammer motion of that one.

#4995 4 years ago

Do they also make a SHOOTER Lane protector for DP?

Cliffy for that. Email him at [email protected] and ask for the deadpool protectors.

Or just cut some mylar like a pair of pants and use that in the shooter lane. I have done both, and they're fine.

#4999 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

Hit it right on the head. There was a loose horizontal screw that was just crooked enough to get lodged on the side. I tightened it, and the mech now works. However, it's a little "off", so the auto plunge arm isn't sitting straight. It looked like that when I first got the machine, and apex helped me straighten it. I'll have to try and replicate his fix on my own to get it back straight!!

Thanks for following up with the solution!

#5001 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Pat:

Loaded question Alert!!!
Is there enough variety with the modes in this game? I am a little scared of it getting too repetitive... But it does seem to have good variety. Honest opinions please I had an Aerosmith most recently and it just didn’t have the staying power. I’d like to keep my next pin at least a year. Thanks in advance

If you get a Prem/LE you'll have plenty to keep you entertained. Lots of great content and tons of stacking strategies for scoring. It's a great game, miles beyond Aerosmith Prem/LE.

#5005 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Pat:

Is there more content on the premium vs the pro? I thought it was just a diverter, 3D figures and the disco ball...

Extra mode, more fun left orbit to right flipper shot. Drop targets. Just do it.

#5007 4 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

The strategies in Team-Ups do vary, but mode wise, it's a bit repetitive. Sabertooth is a gimme mode. Set up Lil Deadpool MB, and Juggernaut is as well. Toughest is T-Rex, which is a one of the two "Quest Modes".

Really? I always go for T-Rex first since it's so easy. Left Ramp, Li'l Deadpool, rinse, repeat until dead, then Hellhouse. Takes like a minute or less with very little risk.

The team-ups are great for getting the scores of the battles up. I've had 125k on a sabretooth battle with a teamup.

3 x battles (x 2), 2 x quests, sauron multiball, megakrakolodonus, ninjapocalypse, ninja multiball, Li'l deadpool multiball, mechsuit multiball, disco loops, disco multiball, teamups, snnnkkkt shot (2x,3x,4x,5x), etc, etc...there's just a lot to do and combine to score. I find myself changing up and trying different approaches every few weeks. I recently got over a billion doing no battles or quests. It's a very good game, and Tanio should be very proud of the software thus far.

#5011 4 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Mine was always at risk of draining off the Lil Deadpool standup targets. Played tough there. Even with Lil Deadpool Frenzy. Releasing the ball was always at risk of draining.
Definitely a good game. Nothing wrong with it. To me, something like Maiden "felt" like it had more modes, even though it doesn't.

Wow, that's weird. Was it level left to right? Standard slim post sleeve on the right post in the Li'l deadpool area? It's close, but it never drains when the target releases it on the one here. That would S*U*C*K since it's such an important area for a lot of the modes.

#5014 4 years ago

These are the bugs and wishlist items I've sent to Stern over the past 6 months or so for 1.02 (pulled from my email outbox, usually 1-2 reported at a time as I encountered them):

Wishlist items:
Add combos to the game where you can chain shots
Multi-level skill shots, where successive shots without hitting anything else increases the value
+1x as a potential Mystery Wheel award
BOOM bomb as a potential Mystery Wheel award

Bugs:
1. The model for Deadpool that pops up with "Say it, announcer guy" (and maybe others) is incomplete. The corners of his eye inserts do not overlap the eye holes in the model, so you can see the animated background through the corners of his eyes.

2. The pinball going into the handle of the katana animation on the screen when you lock a ball has a pinball that's slightly too large, so you can see that you're just moving the pinball behind the katana since it peeks out over the top of the handle a smidge. Scale the ball down just a few pixels and it fixes it.

3. There's one too many quest callouts when you have the mystery wheel lit. When you hit the hellhouse scoop, it does the quest callout, then it spins the wheel and says the stuff it needs to say and shows your weapon count, THEN it says the quest callout again when you can actually choose the quest. The first quest callout feels like an accident for this case.

4. When I was in Sauron battle, I got a Ninjapocalypse and then immediately after hit some things (sorry, it was hectic, but it was only about 1-2 seconds after the Ninjapocalypse callout) it called out Mechsuit Multiball, but no mechsuit multiball stacked. Is it possible to stack that? If so, then I didn't get it. If not, then I shouldn't have gotten the callout (it sounded like the one from when the mode is about to start).

5. The Katanarama timer box blocks juggernaut's gauge when it's getting to the bottom 1/4 or so, making it hard to gauge how much you have left to finish him off.

6. I was in multiball, lost a ball and almost immediately hit the left orbit, which SHOULD have gone up the ramp on the right, but the ball I lost was in ball save and was going to launch just as the other ball was coming around the playfield, so as it approached the ramp (which was down), the auto launch for the other ball kicked in which RAISED the ramp as the ball was just starting on it. The effect was launching the ball into the glass like a lacrosse stick.

7. It appears the mystery wheel weapon awards not adding to the weapons total is just an ordering issue. I had a situation where I got 10 weapons on the wheel and my pre-mystery wheel weapon count showed I didn't have enough to qualify extra ball, BUT even though the total screen showed not enough weapons, I qualified extra ball, so that 10 weapons put me over the top, but it wasn't shown on the weapon total screen. It was a special circumstance, but it allowed me to see what was really happening.

8. Today I was being impatient and holding the start button as the match wheel came up. It wasn't starting so I kept pressing and press/holding and it made a weird sound eventually and started my new game with the ball in the shooter lane at 93,990. No idea why this happened, but there is clearly some hole in the code there that allowed this to happen. It seems to be tied to timing with the match wheel and clearing the Katana lock.

9. I started the Li'l Deadpool lockup and right as the timer was ending (before the ball was auto-released), I hit the hellhouse scoop. It asked me to pick an opponent very briefly, then the screen freaked out a little, the drop targets fell and it played Li'l Deadpool stuff THEN as I was in multiball, it went back to the selection screen and asked me to choose an opponent, which was understandably challenging in multiball.

10. I had a battle going and started ninja multiball on Deadpool Prem. Sometime during the multiball, the battle was finished, and when I glanced up, I had a 0 final blow value? Seemed like a bug. Not sure how it happened.

11. Another game-restart area bug. While restarting the game between the bonus screen and the match wheel (it straddled this), the game restarted, but it counted the new game's first ball kickout to the trough as "ball save" (with the callout and animation on the screen) burning the ball save for that first ball.

12. Something weird happened during a Ninja multiball where I had a fully charged BOOM (red) button, but it was going into mystery wheel when I hit it, so I got no BOOM animation or callout or anything, but the red just disappeared. It was too hectic to see if I actually received the benefit of the fully charged red BOOM or if it just took it without saying "thank you."

13. The scroll for high scores on Deadpool is a little jerky because the scroll rate doesn't match the refresh rate of the panel (I'm assuming is 60hz) correctly. If the scroll rate is matched a little better there will be no occasional jittery movement of the high score scroll at regular intervals like there is now. I don’t know if anyone at Stern even noticed, but that always stands out to me because I've done a lot of credit rolls and it took me a while to figure out why some were jerky.

14. When you're in a mode (I happened to be in Sabretooth) and you qualify QUEST, it says "Quest is lit" when it's not actually lit and can't be lit until the mode you're in is over, so if you have a callout available, "Quest qualified" would be more accurate or if you can't do that, hold the "Quest is lit" callout until the mode preventing it from actually BEING lit is over might be a more clear way of communicating it.

15. I was on ball 2 having a bad game and started pressing start to restart (I had 2-3 credits on the machine). I pressed start, but not long enough to restart the game as I changed my mind and released it before restart. However, when the game ended and I pressed start briefly at the end of the match wheel to start a new game, I pressed start ONCE briefly (definitely not twice) and ended up with a two-player game. It's like it stored the start press I did, but did not hold long enough and used it along with the end of game start press at the end of the game.

16. I got "A Hardy Handshake" on the mystery wheel for the first time today. That's grammatically incorrect. It should be "A Hearty Handshake"

17. I had Mechsuit Multiball qualified, Li'L Deadpool called out "Let's Play" and I collected the Colossus Jackpot, which put up the full screen Colossus Jackpot graphic. While that was happening, I immediately hit Hellhouse but instead of Mechsuit Multiball intro happening, it went straight from the rest of the Colossus full-screen graphic right into the Mechsuit Multiball mode. It was weird and unexpected. I hope I've given you enough info to reproduce it, or at least have an idea what happened.

18. This isn't a bug per se, but unexpected behavior. I have the Specials on the route machine set to award an extra ball instead of a free game. I lit Special and collected it. Deadpool said something about special, and that was it. Since it didn't award a game, no knock, which is expected. But, since it DID award an extra ball, it seems like it should play the extra ball animation, but it did not.

19. This happened too quickly for me to get a picture, but on the mystery wheel the three it landed on in a game today were (in this order on screen):

XXXXXXXX <- something, I don't remember what
LIGHT SPECIAL
INVALID

I've seen "invalid" on screen before in other recent Stern games when a table lookup failed. KISS comes to mind for sure, but there have been others (Ghostbusters, at least). It was always a bug, so I'm assuming this is a bug, too, unless it's an inside joke about Lonnie's poor coding in other games where this happened.

#5017 4 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Thank you, these were mostly new to me, but I have gotten the 93,990 before!
I've noticed a few "bugs" with the mystery giving "add a ball" right as I'm starting Mechsuit Multiball or "Lock" when it is already lit. The weapons not adding visually after a Mystery weapon award bugs me a little... Oh... the "1" font as well!
I've mentioned before, but not sure if it's a bug as Mechsuit Multiball just ended (video played and showed total score) as I hit the Hellhouse scoop to collect Mystery, which was "add a ball" and Mechsuit Multiball started back up and once finished I had the new total screen displayed again.
I like your listed wishlist items and would like to add expanding the high score tables to it.

The add a ball is a priority issue, but I'm not sure how that could be fixed except to take away add a ball as a mystery prize if mechsuit multiball is qualified but not started, and I'm not sure I want that.

The other one sounds like some kind of grace period bug with mechsuit multiball and add a ball.

#5027 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipnaught:

Woah, this is a thing you can get on the wheel? I've never seen this in over 3,500 games. Is there any reward associated with it or you just a funny spin on the wheel? That's cool regardless that there are still things in this game that I haven't seen.
Great list BTW! You covered everything I've noticed and more. Well done. I keep hoping everyday that when I visit this thread I see that a new update has come out. Really hope they add high score tables too.

It's just in the "joke position" above or below the awarded item. I've only seen it exactly once, so don't feel bad.

#5071 4 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

I just cleaned my Deadpool Pro today and after test playing it, I had 2 balls get hung up behind the middle spinner(wolverine shot). I'm wondering if I might of broke something while cleaning, can you guys post close ups of your spinner so I can see what it's supposed to look like? Also, has anyone else had this happen? It took a few ball searches but it did eventually free it. I have not seen this in the 2000 plays or so.
EDIT: There's actually some good ones in the gallery of this thread. I wasn't sure if it's supposed to just float there but it is. I'll try cleaning and oiling up the spinner a bit.

Did your spinner bracket get bent or something? This is what it looks like on the Prem here. I think the Pro is the same, but not sure.

snnnkkt-1 (resized).jpgsnnnkkt-1 (resized).jpg
#5086 4 years ago
Quoted from maroot:

My premium will be here tomorrow and I stopped by a local pinball dealer to see about getting some playfield wax, but was told I can use Turtle Wax or Pledge or just about anything like that. True?

Hell no. Don't go to that dealer again. That's terrible advice.

I use P21S, but basically you want a good carnuba wax. You can get P21S overnight with Prime shipping. This tub lasts forever:

https://www.amazon.com/P21S-12700W-Carnauba-Wax/dp/B002LOP5E4

#5088 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

so I ordered new shooter knobs for my SW and Deadpool the other day straight from stern. And to my surprise when I opened up the box today they sent a deadpool topper by mistake instead of the knob. Im not a huge topper guy but if they are cool with me keeping it Im going to go with it and order another knob.[quoted image]

Merry After-Christmas?? Happy Boxing Day a few weeks later?? Sorry for your trauma witnessing the lame projector in Stranger Things??

Congrats on that score!

#5093 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

+1 on the P21S. Easy to use and doesn’t leave Residue on the pf and cracks like Carnuba wax.

Love the way P21S goes on with the sponge and off with a shop cloth, then polish it up with a lamb's wool disc on a cordless drill. Makes a fantastic shine. And that lack of white, crusty residue around all the posts is the best.

#5095 4 years ago
Quoted from Only68s:

Does anybody else get an outlane drain 90% of the time when you eject from the battle scoop?[quoted image]

No, but I usually hold up the right flipper as it ejects.

#5118 4 years ago
Quoted from maroot:

Just got my Premium and the code is at .99.
Looks like the code for Premium and LE is the same?
Just want to verify.
Thanks!

Yes. Same.

#5124 4 years ago
Quoted from maroot:

I just got my premium yesterday and I checked it before doing anything and it looks just like your first picture...right from the factory. Not sure where to find the ‘born on’ date, but it had .99 code. I tried sliding the target down toward the flippers and it wouldn’t move. I think I have gotten snikt once in about 15 games.
Not sure how to resolve without screwing it up.

Just pick up one of these new-style anti-lean brackets. I've got some on the way to take care of this once and for all.

#5126 4 years ago
Quoted from maroot:

Yeah, I get that, but it’s almost a fluke to hit. Not much skill involved.

You can get better at hitting it with practice for sure.

#5131 4 years ago
Quoted from maroot:

I believe I am hitting the target, but not going up the mini ramp, so not getting the playfield bonus.

If you hit the target you'll hear a slicing sound. Try it with the glass off so you recognize the sound (and make sure the target is registering). You need to make a pretty hard shot to get enough deflection to make it up the ramp. Left flipper has the most success for me. I HAVE done it from the right, but it's WAY harder to get a successful shot.

#5134 4 years ago
Quoted from maroot:

Yes, getting the slicing sound for sure. Have plenty of power from the flipper.

Yeah, definitely check the coil stop for the left flipper. Stern has had a real problem with crap cost-cut coil stops. Some are broken out of the box. If the stop is broken, it will rob power and/or cause the flipper to stick a little or a lot.

#5141 4 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Joined the club yesterday. Traded my MMr for this DPP. Mint condition, just over 100 plays. Nice mods. I thought this would be #4 of 4 in my small collection, but now I think it's #1.[quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats! Yeah, easy #1 in that lineup.

#5150 4 years ago
Quoted from mjs2:

Q: has anyone been able to get the super skill shot? The hold left flipper launch and shoot straight to the snikit? I have been able to hit the snikit from the left orbit, just never off a plung.

Yes. 15 million. Super hard, though.

#5153 4 years ago
Quoted from mjs2:

I think tonight I’ll finish the 3 cans of guiness in the fridge, put on side one of Led Zeppelin IV and see if can get lucky on that shot.

You can get almost as much (12,500,000) by doing the MXV secret shot, which is to make an orbit before making the Katana shot after ball launch. That's slightly easier, but still challenging.

#5178 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Hello fellow Deadpool owners... I have a question.
Not sure if my machine works correctly during the battle with T-Rex quest.
The lil Deadpool drop targets constantly thump 3 times in a row and the targets go up and down very quickly.
Is this normal because I watched a few streams and didn’t notice that happening on other machines.

Likely means your targets are not resetting correctly. They should drop when you make a lit green arrow shot, and then you hit the target at Li'l Deadpool, then the targets reset up until you hit another green lit arrow shot. Rinse repeat.

In switch test mode try manually dropping the targets one at a time and see if the switch screen shows that the targets registering as dropped. If it desn't, that's your problem.

#5189 4 years ago

Is there a post on how to install a custom figure like that to ensure it stays in place securely?

Depends on where you want to put it. In the case of that Colossus, there's holes in the factory trim plastic above the ramp from the (unused) pro plastic standup, so it looks like they just used zip ties on the feet.

You can also fashion a clear plastic base and screw (flat-head screws) through it into the figure's heels to attach thr figure to the base invisibly, then drill holes on the plastic base you made to mount it to posts in the machine. It's the best option, IMO, but it takes more work.

Here's an example of the clear plastic base-type mount on the Drone I added to Iron Man for the center drone shot. If you zoom way in, you can tell it's there, but for all practical purposes, it looks invisible and very natural.
19-drone-figure (resized).jpg19-drone-figure (resized).jpg

There's a 3D printable Colossus on Turbosquid that is MUCH more in the style of the Colossus featured in the Deadpool pin art. If I were adding a Colossus, I'd probably go for that one, since you could scale that to match the machine, there'd be no articulated joints to mess up the look, and it could be painted as you like it.

#5202 4 years ago

The Latest DP stream from Bro do you even play pinball posted their stream with code 1.03
I thought it was a typo.
The last code update I see on stern was in may of 2019 and it 1.02, right?

1.03 is just 1.02 with support for the interlock switch, so essentially the same as what you have.

If you can post video of what you get in T-Rex mode, that would be helpful.

#5208 4 years ago

well.... I'm not sure how to add the video?

Post it to youtube, add the link and it will embed the video.

#5209 4 years ago

Okay, so it looks like it's having problems with the coil that drops the targets. In coil test mode, does the target bank drop take down all three targets like it should? Something's weird because at the end of your video the right target is setting noticibly lower than the other two.

#5211 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I like some of the extra figures but was wondering if they block the spot lights to the disco ball and reduce the effect of that mode?

Yeah. I'm not much into adding figurines, but if I were doing it, I'd put Colossus into a more action-y "running at you" pose where he is crouching a bit, which would give the disco ball reflections more clearance. Just standing there looks boring and doesn't match the art on the playfield and backglass where everyone's very busy doing something, IMO.

#5216 4 years ago

okay checked it out again;
lil deadpool coil test drop trip only drops one of the 3 targets.
the drop reset works fine.
so it looks like I do have an issue?

Yes. Check the assembly attached to the small coil under the playfield. It is probably just not moving far enough to cause all three targets to clear the "ledge" they rest on and drop.

Also, bending the other targets back a bit (they're unfortunately flexible - more Stern cost-cutting) will help them fall, but this is last-ditch since hitting them over time will continue to bend them and you'll end up in the opposite situation where they won't stay up sooner rather than later.

#5221 4 years ago

Oh my god... I feel sooooo dumb!!!
My DP has been doing that for quite some time now!
I seriously thought that this was a feature off the T-rex mode with that coil pulsating (seemed like a T-Rex pounding its feet) then occasionally one of the drop targets coming down and that I had that small window of time to shoot the ball in that one open spot. How embarrassing!
I've been avoiding the T-rex mode because of this issue!
thanks guys for the help on this!
I was able to fix it by creating more space on the metal tab that gets pulled by the small magnet. (that forced the metal bracket to push the drop targets further)
Thanks again!!!
can't wait to play it now and reach megacrapala-whatever his name is!

Awesome. No excuse for a bad experience on such an awesome game. Glad it's all working right now!

#5230 4 years ago
Quoted from maroot:

I notice if you bring up the status, occasionally it will show millions of spins for disco loops. Bug?

It actually shows BILLIONS on the instant info (I've seen this when the spinner mode qualifies because you reached zero). I believe this happens because they are using an unsigned double word integer to store the number and there's a bug in the code that allows the count to go below zero. Since it's not a signed integer, it can't express a negative number and instead wraps around to the maximum value that can be stored (in this case 4,294,967,296) and then keeps counting down from there. Note that in the picture I took, it was 5 spins below maximum, so essentially, it counted off 5 more spins after it hit zero and wrapped around to the max number. It just needs to make this signed and add a trap for <zero case.

And honestly, while they're fixing it, using a double word to store this number is wasteful. A single unsigned byte takes up 75% less space (one byte instead of four) and would work fine since there's unlikely to be more than 255 spins needed to count down at any given time.

I reported it. Should be an easy fix.
mode_status_cropped (resized).jpgmode_status_cropped (resized).jpg

#5234 4 years ago
Quoted from maroot:

I notice code 1.02 came out last May. Do they consider it finished?
There are some things they can correct, like the kerning problem on the match screen for one.

They're not done. Lots of bugs to fix, and I would bet there will be some specific champion high score tracking for modes, spins, etc. The messed-up "1" kerning will be addressed. I asked Tanio about that specifically this past summer.

1.03 is the current release that added cutoff switch support.

#5244 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I wonder if this would work on my iron maiden pro orb shot. I have tried locktite but the target always ends up tucked away in the left side making it much harder to hit.

I don't see why it wouldn't. The lock bracket works great. Snnnkkkt shot hasn't moved at all since I installed it.

#5248 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Just placed my order for a prem. I've been so addicted to this game in our local arcade that I gotta have one at home. Arcade has a pro but went prem as I'm thinking I'll really like the left oribt to right flipper shot. Probably not worth the extra $$$ but you only live once

It's worth the extra $$$. Completely.

I hate the translite on the Premium. We swapped it out for the Pro one on the route I help with. Only cost $77. Well worth it.

#5254 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Oh fantastic! I must not have hit the mode yet.

Keep spamming the left spinner. When you rip it there's a counter on the upper left of the screen that counts down the revolutions. Get that counter to zero and you tee up a disco mode.

#5262 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I'll tag on to this. If you haven't seen it yet then you aren't playing the game right. Get that dazzler team-up going before starting your modes. The extra time equals more points!
Just razzing you, a little bit

I don't enter Juggernaut without Dazzler on my team. Makes the battle last about 15 seconds with her and a boom.

#5264 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I’ll have to give that a shot. I usually go with Sabertooth + Dazzler unless I have disco loops, then it’s Mystique. I’ll do Juggernaut with wolverine and/or lil Deadpool mb or ninja mb.

Dazzler is a total waste on Sabretooth. You can take the big pussy out without even trying by starting Li'l Deadpool multiball and letting the balls keep draining while ball save is active, which serves them up to the pops over and over. The pops kill sabertooth in seconds.

#5269 4 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

This works but, Sabretooth is already the easiest of the 3 villian modes and then nothing will be stacked with Lil DP multiball because you would have already finished Sabertooth. In my option the ball save on Lil'l DP is better used on Juggernaught who is harder to kill and requires hits to the risky drops.

Not with Dazzler and boom it doesn't. Juggernaut goes down easily with her teamup and a boom, then spam the left spinner.

#5278 4 years ago
Quoted from cyberkryten:

Don't want to seem too pedantic, but it won't really save anything using a single byte to store the values as the ARM Cortex-A9 is a 32bit processor so for speed memory access will be aligned on 4 byte boundaries anyway and all the registers are 32bit.
Clearly a bug allowing it go below zero and not detecting the overrun though and might as well make it signed to help detection.

Too pedantic? No such thing! I didn't even give a thought to the processor or memory alignment as a consideration for wasting storage space to achieve better access speed, but that makes sense.

#5280 4 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

*copies and pastes ‘pedantic’ into google...

Hint: It has nothing to do with Trudeau...

#5283 4 years ago
Quoted from GymRatt:

Deadpool LE randomly starts with 2 balls. Anyone else had the problem of 2 balls kicked out for play when the game is started or a new ball is going back into play? Instead of one kicked into the the shooter lane. 2 are ejected. Doesn't happen all the time, but seems to be starting happen more frequently. Any ideas?

Ball trough opto. Take the opto connector on the side with two prongs off, widen the prongs a bit to give it better grip, put the connector back on.

If that doesn't work, do the same with the 3 prong connector on the opposite side.

If that doesn't work, go into switch test mode and make sure if you roll a ball (NOT TEST WITH YOUR FINGER) onto the shooter lane switch, it activates.

It's probably the first one, though. Very common on Sterns. They really should redesign those connectors to XHP-2 type for better long-term hold.

#5285 4 years ago
Quoted from GymRatt:

Thank you for the tip. I check those areas and that smaller plug was coming loose. This is the first game play issue that has come up with the machine since buying it new in the box a little over a year ago. Only other thing I have had to do is tighten a few screws and nuts that have come loose and clean the play field a few times. Been pretty trouble free for the last year considering its played almost everyday.

It's been a common point of failure for a LONG time. Stern should have redesigned it with a better connector a long time ago. Fortunately, it's an easy fix once you know where to look. Glad you're back in business.

#5320 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

So this seems to be an issue where the switch isn’t detecting a depression unless it is all the way down. Meaning that the “click” isn’t necessarily going to cause it to register. I made a slight bend in the metal arm and it is working again (for now).
In other news, I cannot get my shooter to kick the ball out of the lane. Based on slow-no videos, it looks like it impacts the ball guide on the left of the lane then rattled around ultimately losing all momentum. I’ve tried to adjust the shooter rod, but there isn’t a lot of play on it. The auto shooter works flawlessly.
Is the orange spring the correct spring for this game?

Is the shooter rod dragging on the auto-launch forks? That can cause what you're describing.

Do you have the plastic shooter lane protector installed by chance?

When the ball's at rest in the shooter lane, is the shooter rod tip centered against the ball?

#5322 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

In order of questions, no, no and no. Is it possible to move those forks back?

Can you post a pic of the ball at rest in the shooter lane that shows where the shooter tip is aligned?

#5324 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Does this work?
On a different topic, something is up with the game. I had another good game going and got to mechsuit multiball, then it reset to a two player game and knocked the score from like 400k down to 30k.
I’ve never seen anything like this. There is no flicker or obvious reboot, announcement or anything. All of the jackpot targets stopped flashing and it was like I just started the game with two balls.
Is there like a button chord to reset it?[quoted image]

Yeah, that's a great picture. It looks like the shooter rod is just slightly off-center to the right. So you already loosened all the screws on the inside of the shooter plate on the cabinet and tried to move it over and re-tighten? Also, is your shooter rod straight (rotating it from the plunger handle, you don't see any left-right movement of the tip)?

The reset sounds it could be one of:
A bug (possible, but unlikely if it's been working until now)
A corrupted SD card
The 48v supply from the power supply dropping slightly low, triggering the watchdog reset circuit.

#5326 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I bought the pinball life anti-sway and wasn't sure how it works - looks the same that is in the game. I must be missing something....

There's a locking tab of L-shaped metal on the side that locks into a slot on the front piece that keeps the whole thing from sagging left or right (I highlighted the two parts that interlock in red). Works GREAT.

locking-bracket (resized).jpglocking-bracket (resized).jpg
#5332 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Ok, I just played a 4 player game and got all the way to the end. I hit the start button and started another one player game. I plunged the ball, hit it back into the shooter lane, then it sat there. The lights went dark and the screen said “restarting”. Then it did a full power cycle like reset.
Does that give you any more indication of what I am dealing with?
This is the first NIB I have had these kinds of issues with.

Yeah, I'd check the output from the power supply to the power distribution board if you have a multimeter to see if it's sending 48v. Sounds like the power is dropping low, triggering resets.

#5334 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I found your post here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fixing-stern-reboots-on-spike. Where do you take the reading? Will it be obvious after I open the PSU?

Look in the picture gallery of that thread. It has a drawing that shows you the connectors for the RSP-500-48. You want to take the reading from any of the three +V connectors. They all should be 48V. It's very obvious once you get that shield cover off the bottom part that reveals the bottom of the power supply with all those connectors.

Be very careful, though, and don't do it if you're not comfortable taking a reading from live connectors. You CAN mess things up or get a shock if you're careless.

#5340 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Ok, I took the reading. It is 48.2 out of the box. I played while metering it and I could see it fluctuate a bit. It went as low as 47.1 and as high as 48.3. Things like both flippers at the same time will cause some minor fluctuations.
I pushed it to 48.3 (which seems within the safe range according to your other post). I am going to play test and see if I can repeat the reboot.

Specs are usually made to be safe +/- 10% tolerance, but I would not recommend adding anything close to 4.8v. If it dropped as low as 47.1, 48.6 should be enough if that's the issue, which is about 1.25% up. BUT I'm not sure what's normal under load for this power supply, so it may be just having trouble supplying consistent power under load and be a warranty issue on the power supply. Definitely let me know how it goes...

#5343 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Cool, I will keep you posted. Thank you for all of the help on this.
Keeping with my theme of coupling questions and answers in the same post, is there any mod that makes the “gate” on the katana slightly longer? It could just be that the bounce pad is new so it is super springy but my ball tends to fly off pretty frequently.[quoted image]

It's a common problem. There's no extension that I know of. I started a 3D printed thing for that, but I wasn't sure it would hold up to the repeated hits and instead got sidetracked into finishing up the Iron Maiden columns/torches mod and the fan kits for Spooky/300W sterns. I'll try to get back to this soon since I'm almost done with the other ones.

Putting something back before the rubber stop pad that's kind of like the angled pieces on Rick and Morty to slow the ball would likely also work.

#5358 4 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I have all factory settings with short ball save for each ball and I have an extra ball awarded at 1 billion. I have outlanes at largest opening, but I do have rubber rings on outlane posts... I ran it awhile with no rubbers and the balls seemed to get beat up quickly. Not any easier in my case with the rubbers, but plays slightly different since you get some bounce off of them.

Makes the ball times WAY longer to have rubber on those posts.

#5362 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

anyone know how to do the below? I got this from stern:
The drop target should not drop until it is hit by the pinball. If it is dropping the plastic ledge that holds the drop target up may be damaged. If the plastic ledge is in good shape you can make it stick out more by putting a washer between the ledge the assembly.
same issue I asked about months ago. Ball auto launches about 50% of time and the diverter in orbit opens to force super skill shot. I noticed this seems to happen when some of the left drops are down. Left drops share same node as the orbit diverter. So they suggested this washer thing?

Weird if those two things are really connected.

Yeah, just lift the playfield and unscrew the drop the target assembly so you can pull it away from the playfield. You'll see the ledge that the targets rest on when up. That's what you need to take off and insert a thin washer behind then reassemble. Seems like that would make it more likely to break in the future, but maybe not...

#5367 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

newbie question. Can I "tighten" flipper buttons? Ive noticed my deadpools right flipper button has a fraction less resistance than the left and it bothers me a bit. Not a big deal at all, but if I could match them up that would be great. Are those two screws holding the wood around the flipper buttons what that is for?
thanks!

Not really. It probably has to do with the distance between the switch leaf contact on the left vs the right (or you have a stiff button on the one side). You can adjust the switch leaves so they contact the flipper button post about the same way on each side.

#5374 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Ok. It may not even be the ledge. I think the coil is hitting too hard knocking them down. Left drop coil power is 1. Right is 1-4. Should they be the same?
Can i adjust coil power?

It's usually not that they're being dropped too hard, but that the ledge isn't sticking out far enough or the targets have bent (cheap Stern targets bend now) away from the ledge so the target doesn't "grab" the ledge and stay up when reset. You can also bend the target slightly forward to give it more chance to grab the ledge.

#5392 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Dang. Appreciate it. I'll order up some weaker coils and swap them out.

I'd try increasing the pitch of the machine first and see if that does it for you.

#5397 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Is this the correct location for the snikt target? Seems way high but this is where it was with the factory bracket as well as the pinball life antilean bracket. The two games I play on route both look like this but I always figured it was because the bracket was leaning and wasn't the real location it was supposed to be at. Feels like it should be lower towards the front of the opening. Wanted to ask before I moved it and created 2 more unnecessary holes under the PF.

Gomez-approved Snnnkkkt target explained here (it's in the key post index for this thread, too):

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/92#post-5300308

Definitely recommend the Pinball Life anti-lean brackets for this target, especially.

#5415 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

I've also noticed that every few minutes, it sounds like a super-loud computer fan running in the backbox. Making sure this is normal.

Welcome to spike 34.6dB LOUD power supply fans. You can replace it with an almost silent 12.8dB one here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk/02140-spike-quiet-fan-plug-n-play-kit

or here:

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-spike-system-plug-n-play-quiet-fan-kit.html

There's also the original DIY thread here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacing-stern-spike-noisy-ps-fans

#5421 4 years ago
Quoted from GymRatt:

Do you have a link to the bracket you bought on Pinball Life? When I pull up the items they offer for Deadpool. No brackets come up. My Snikt target most of the time launches air balls and ball that get almost to the top of the ram and just roll back down.

#5427 4 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

What do mean target pads? Is there something else I need to replace with the bracket? Just ordered my bracket last night.

Just move the foam backing from the old target bracket to the new one, or cut a piece of adhesive-backed foam weatherstrip if you ruin it taking it off.

#5432 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Out of the box my target is overlapping and not leaning. Did the factory drill some of them incorrectly?

Mine overlaps the lane guide a tiny bit, but as long as the overlap is within the margin of that little notch on the back side, it's probably okay. The angle of the picture can be deceiving. Try taking it from the same angle as the one gomez said is "right" and see what yours looks like.

#5462 4 years ago
Quoted from ignat:

I’m in!
How are you meant to score in this game? My top is a laughable 147million..[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Practice charging your teamups (left orbit, turnaround next to hellhouse, center spinner, right orbit until blue triangle is lit) before heading into a battle, then hit your teamups to activate them in battle so they'll help you out (using a BOOM also can activate one). I've gotten something like you're saying is your top score just from ONE Sabretooth battle with teamups and a multiplier.

Also, practice making the Snnnkkt shot until you can make it a few times per game, at least.

#5478 4 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Novus 2 is a abrasive and only necessary for very very dirty games. Use Naphtha and a vaccuum. Every 500 plays or so you can Novus 2 and polish, but more than that will remove more clear coat than is necessary.

Home vacuums are generally a bad idea around electronics due to static electricity. The bottom of the wood cabinet is about the only safe place.

#5482 4 years ago
Quoted from MysticalMule:

Anybody have trouble with the one-way gate at the top of the shooter lane on Deadpool Pro? During play, the ball often has trouble passing the gate. Seems to be speed related. I talked to Sterns support a while back and they offered a few suggestions that didn't help. They don't seem interested in helping me any more. I've tried loosening and repositioning the gate and chimi truck to no avail. The mechanical parts at the gate all seem to be working properly and freely moving. I took a slo-mo video with my phone and was surprised by what I saw. At the top of the shooter lane where it curves left to the gate, the ball is actually leaving the playfield and hitting the hinge. No idea how to stop that. Link to the video is below. Any suggestions?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4au6d7fpnnfvxnw/IMG_2526.TRIM.MOV?dl=0

You're too tight on the corner to tell if it's getting air on the switch wire or if it's airborne before that. It SEEMS like it's already in the air at that point. Pull back more to give a better overview and more of a side angle so the air is more obvious and slo-mo video it again. Air is definitely your problem. Just need to figure out where it's coming from.

#5486 4 years ago
Quoted from MysticalMule:

Good call. I tried to get more of a side-angle this time. Scrubbing the video back and forth on my phone you can see a tiny change in trajectory on the ball as it leaves the wire switch. Doesn't seem to be airborne before the switch. Seems so weird though because the action on that switch is so soft and gentle. It's hard to imagine it having that much of an impact on the ball. There's definitely a speed factor to this too. If I soft to medium plunge, no issues. Full power plunge or auto plunge has a high chance of going airborne. Just can't see any way to solve this other than maybe putting some washers under the chimi truck posts to raise it a little to avoid the hit. New video:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x04ngur4ost06h1/IMG_3050.mov?dl=0
Thanks

It's definitely weird that it gets air off that switch, but not unheard of. On Ghostbusters it gets air off the tiny change from playfield to mylar.

One thought though. Is that switch depressing all the way level with the playfield? Maybe it's just a tiny bit above the playfield still when depressed and that's launching the ball...

deadpool-ball2-super-slow.gifdeadpool-ball2-super-slow.gif
#5519 4 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Come on man. Don't scare people. Nobody is going to break anything in their game by vacuuming the playfield. 2) Pinball machines have arguably some of the most redundant grounding of any electronic device in the world, including all of the side rails. If you've managed to discharge static to a sensitive electronic component ON the playfield (?) and somehow didn't discharge that same static with the hose pressed against the the side rails as you lean over, you've accomplished quite the feat. Anyway, I've vacuumed hundreds of machines regularly and never damaged anything.

Just because you never damaged anything vacuuming your pins doesn't mean static with a home vacuum when vacuuming around electronics isn't a potential problem. Humidity has a lot to do with how likely it is, too. It's not "scaring" people - knowledge is power. Some people don't even know it CAN happen, and with more machines having full-on actual PCs in them it's more likely that in the olden days when boards were more robust.

#5522 4 years ago
Quoted from redman822:

I just searched online...only place I could find the deadpool plastics was at Marco's and they wanted $180 for them....

They don't sell them onsie-twosie. It's why you're better off making a clear plastic bracket that goes over the existing plastic and you can put whatever mount you want in that. I recommend screwing into the heels of the action figure with small flat-head philips screws so there won't be any visible mounting once you slap the clear plastic piece with the figure attached over the existing plastic.

#5525 4 years ago
Quoted from redman822:

What plastic do you recommend using for this and where do you buy it? Is standard plexiglass you get from Home Despot ok?

PET-G. It's the most durable and least likely to shatter. A plastics cutting/sign shop should have scraps to sell or give away. I just have it laying around from other projects.

#5529 4 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Lexan (Polycarbonate) is also good, especially since there will be the original plastic underneath still.
McMaster Carr, Grainger or Amazon will have it. 1/8" thick is plenty good and strong. Cut with a band saw, jig saw or similar.

I just have an aversion to Lexan because you can't laser cut it without discoloration. When I was doing the Shadow Plastics supersets I learned that and a bunch of other stuff, eventually settling on PET-G after trying many kinds of plastics because it was so versatile and durable. Very few downsides. And, as a result, of that time period, I still have a lot of PET-G odds n ends laying around, so any plastic-related projects, materials are free.

#5533 4 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Yeah I’m getting a bit concerned with the radio silence with this game. Is this the finished game? I mean I love the damn thing but give me some closure so I can stop the waiting.

At least one more update is coming. If nothing else, they have to fix the weird "1" kerning and a LOT of weird niggly bugs. I think Tanio's on the case and will give us a nice assortment of suitably interesting and Deadpool-wacky high score boards.

I personally hope there's one for largest bonus lost due to TILT.

#5540 4 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

Shortest ball time or lowest score would also be funny, though less clever than the Tilt idea you wisely mention.

Most tilt warnings in a game
Most failed Snnnkkt attempts in a game

...would be another couple Deadpool-esque taunt leaderboards.

#5545 4 years ago
Quoted from maroot:

I have had my Premium for about 6 weeks now. My best game is 808 million and the next 4 are in the 600 millions, but for the last 3 weeks, I struggle to get 200 million. Seems I drain a lot or my skills have really disappeared! I’m frustrated!
I’ve checked my left-to-right and it is good and my pitch is 6.8, using a quality digital level. I am at a loss as to where the good scores have gone. Anyone else experience this type of thing? I cleaned and waxed yesterday (God, did it ever get lightning fast!). I have 500 plays on it.
Thanks!

It comes and goes in my experience. You can have 3 terrible games, then one where you blow it up. Try changing your strategy. There are lots of ways to attack the game. If you're going for fights and quests, try going for just the disco modes, Li'l Deadpool modes, and Ninja and Mechsuit Multiballs (if they happen in the course of play). You can get some really respectable scores just from doing well on those. And keep practicing that Snnnkkt! shot every time the ball comes down the left inlane to the left flipper.

#5569 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

I can't seem to get over 300M. Now, I'm not a tournament player, and am still learning the rules. However, even if I get 2-3x on the playfield, I'm probably not maximizing it because I can't seem to get anywhere near 1B.

Practice lighting the teamups before you go into a battle, then hit BOOM (if lit) to activate one of the teamups as soon as the battle starts. I've gotten like 130 million just from one fight doing that.

#5583 4 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

Huh? Was under the impression that any teamup benefits were automatically active when entering a battle.

For example, if you have Dazzler activated, she'll jump in and start attacking your opponent with you if you hit BOOM right away, without you having to hit the orbit to call her.

#5595 4 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

Went looking further, and a software engineer from Stern says that the teamup benefits are active regardless of hitting it's related shot again once you're in a battle.
[quoted image]
Hitting boom it likely triggering an active teamup's shot since it's got a decent chance of being the highest value shot at the time you hit the button.

Yeah, that's what I mean. It's like hitting the teamup's shot immediately.

#5607 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipnaught:

I've been having issues with the hellhouse scoop intermittently registering the ball all week and have been too lazy to investigate until today because it stopped registering at all. Wire snapped right off! Just ordered a new one. At least it's a cheap and easy fix! I am just disappointing I won't be able to play all week.[quoted image]

Increasingly common as Stern has quietly cost-reduced the switches, and this is the most common clue. The legs snap off so high you can't fix them. Cheap construction bears more end user headaches.

#5614 4 years ago

Got a very inexpensive topper for my DP today.
What do you think?[quoted image]

It's a nice figure, but too small for that large area on top of the head. Needs to maybe be more on the left and have some foe to balance it on the right.

1 week later
#5666 4 years ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

Finally joined the club a few weeks ago! Little did I realize I was doing so just in time to be locked inside the house indefinitely.
Out of the box I had an annoying issue where node 8 would randomly kick into overcurrent protection and turn off all the lower GI lights. After doing some Pinside sleuthing I figured out that the likely culprit was a flaky bulb, and my distributor fixed me right up with a replacement set. Big thumbs up for Zach at Flip N Out![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Did you get a shaker motor?

#5668 4 years ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

No, the only accessory I've added so far is the Stern headphone jack. I'm thinking a shaker might be a bit much for my "game room" (aka the corner of my living room).

If you get a mild shaker like the pinball life one, you'll be fine. Also, the Stern art blades are very nice to finish the look.

#5675 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

Last night my DP Prem acted like it was possessed. The game played normally (from a rules perspective), but the inserts were completely off. When making a battle selection, if you were hovering on Sabretooth, the Mystique light would flash (or hover on Mystique, the Sauron light would flash).
5x was lit at the plunge, but it wasn't active, as a Katana skill shot produced the normal 5M. Some things that should be lit, like the lock insert, wouldn't be, but it would still lock the ball if you hit the shot. The lane inserts didn't switch correctly with flipper taps. And the upper lane gates were not in sync. Another weird one was the playfield X multiplier. I hit Snikt, and instead of 2x lighting, 3x lit (but only 2x scoring was active).
The colored LEDs weren't coordinated either. For example, after hitting a few pops, the ninja lights which are normally blue/purplish were red/pink (but not all of them). In T-Rex, instead of all shots being deep green, some where bluish or yellowish. All battles and quests had color issues.
There were a lot of other quirks, but you see where this is going. I shut the machine down and tried it again. Same results. I'll run the diagnostic tests when I get home today, but has anyone seen this before?

Yeah, loose cable, most likely. Reseat them all. If that doesn't fix it start making a list of what lights are a problem to narrow down the node board with the issue.

#5678 4 years ago
Quoted from WizWiggy:

I agree with the Pinballlife shaker, but I'd personally recommend the Tilt Graphics Gameblades alongside vireland excellent gel inserts![quoted image]

Well, now you've made it impossible for me to disagree with that statement.

#5689 4 years ago
Quoted from jdroc:

Anybody know where I can get a replacement plastic for a PRO over the left ramp? Mine cracked and now that it's loose, hard hit shots up the ramp get rejected as the plastic flexes and roll back at a perfect angle between the flippers.
It's the one below with the U shaped clear portion. The Marco plastics set doesn't show this one (and I really ONLY want this one...)[quoted image]

It's there. It's on the second picture on the product page. But you can't buy it separately. I seem to remember someone was making a protector for this a while back...

EDIT: See you figured it out...

If the protector doesn't exist, I'd just trace it and have a local plastics shop make you a thin PETG cutout in the same shape and put that UNDER the screen printed, cracked plastic. Shouldn't be that noticible and it will solve your problem for something like $20.

#5702 4 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Definitely recommend the anti-sway target bracket from pinball life. Only thing I have found to keep the Snikt target in place.

Aren't they shipping with this from the factory now?

#5707 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Many pinball suppliers try to kill any chance that us Canadians will make purchases. Boo urns.[quoted image][quoted image]

UPS is the problem there. USPS to Canada is still expensive, but nowhere near that.

#5710 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I've shipped plenty your way for MUCH cheaper. Either shipping in the US is just much more expensive than our dog sled couriers or these companies are just over quiting by a land slide. I buy plenty off Ebay with fair shipping. (Usually....stupid pitney bowes)

You haven't with UPS, have you? UPS to Canada is always outrageous.

#5712 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I seem to remember some Maiden colored brackets and quiet fan kit i purchased being shipped at a reasonable price though. Pinball isnt trying very hard.

Those were shipped USPS. It's ALWAYS WAY cheaper to ship USPS than UPS internationally. UPS (which Pinball Life is using) is usually 2-4x more than USPS internationally depending on package size and weight. I always use USPS for the pin monk stuff. Easier customs in general, too.

#5757 4 years ago
Quoted from Jpp718:

Thinking about joining the club pro or premium

Premium, no question. Disco Loops mode, working disco ball, and drop targets are worth the upgrade.

#5759 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Does anyone have a before and after if the anti-sway target. I never heard of that product before.
How do you install it?

You just unscrew the existing target switch stack from the target bracket and replace it with the anti-sway version. Takes maybe 5-10 minutes total to remove the target from the playfield underside, make the swap, then re-install.

#5762 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

I question. The pro model is awesome as well. I don't believe there is enough of a difference between the two to justify the price delta. If the criteria is simply which game has more to offer, sure, the premium (as it should). When cost difference becomes a variable, there is definitely a judgement call.

I am less bored with a Premium due mostly to the disco modes. That is worth the price delta to me for sure. I hated the Pro, but that was on earlier code. I haven't had any interested in going back to test that theory.

#5778 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Only you can answer that. The only true gameplay difference is the diverter ramp. Everything else is bells and whistles.

And the mode that goes with it.

1 week later
#5816 4 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Hey all! New to the club...just picked up a NIB Pro. I’ve played a few on location that felt buttery smooth, but mine...it’s like a brick fest. Feels very clunky. I’ve got it leveled and the pitch is about medium....game is waxed with ninja balls And still The left ramp, Katana shot and especially the right orbit feel janky as hell. Lots of vibrating clunkers on ramps and the right orbit gets clunked back down into the shooter lane 5/10 times instead of orbiting. Is this odd? Any set up tips for this particular game?[quoted image]

Increase the pitch to 6.7 or higher.

#5854 4 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Havent kept up on the thread in awhile, started heavily playing the game again, and have a rule question. What triggers megakrakaladonus rex? I beat both quests, only mystique on the battles. I lit the chimmys again, hit a few, and then they disappeared but quest was not lit. I hit the scoop on accident, cancelled a battle, all chimmys were gone and battle was not lit. I assume cancelling the battle made me have to spell dead again to light it, but did it cancel my chimmy progress too? Or do i have to beat the 3 battles and sauren for megakraken?

All battles gives you sauron the first time.

All battles + all quests gives you megakrakolodonus rex.

#5857 4 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

Beating both quests only doesn't give anything?

I don't think so. You have to have Sauron also, which means finishing the first three battles.

#5887 4 years ago
Quoted from Jakegreenhaus:

Hey DP owners. I have a small problem, hope y'all can help with. Sometimes when I hit the scoop it will not return the ball and I have to wait for the lost ball to kick in to return the ball. It doesn't happen all the time but man it is annoying. Any help is appreciated.

You just need to adjust the switch in the scoop so it registers fully every time. This is a very common problem with Deadpool and KISS, especially. Sometimes Ghostbusters.

#5889 4 years ago

Thanks. It's my 1st machine. Any good YouTube videos on it? Or is it really easy to do?

Really easy. Just bend the arm up a little more so the ball will make it register each time. Also, you might want to lift the playfield and make sure both screws are still holding the switch body on tightly. The screws can loosen or fall out over time from vibration, and that will make it not register, too.

#5892 4 years ago

Thanks it seems to work now! Plus just got a personal high score![quoted image]

That's great. So was it the switch body loose under the PF, or just the switch arm needing to be bent more?

#5905 4 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Hey everyone. What is the latest code? Also in my search for a shot map, I heard theres a video that kind of explains things during attract mode. Is that available online somewhere, I tried youtube to no avail

1.02 is the current code.

No idea if anyone posted the attract mode video with the demo.

Buffalo Pinball has a nice tutorial:

#5908 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

1.03 is the code for machines with the coin door switch.

Ah, right, forgot about that release!

#5930 4 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Is there any other ways to get an extra ball besides the first weapons around 15, and the extremely rare mystery?

Weapons is dynamic, so the number of weapons for an extra ball changes. I believe that you can set the high score replay award to extra ball also in the settings.

You can also set your base game for 4, 5, or up to 10 balls. No worrying about where to score an extra ball during the game that way if that's what you're mainly looking for.

#5933 4 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

I have a noob question: so this isn't really designed from the movie right? Looks like a great gane though

Right. Loosely based on the comics, and better for it.

#5935 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Any thoughts on the cause? The odd part is the difference in frequency between games. Some people it's rare while others more common. It happens nearly every time I turn the game on and play more than 1 game.

I wonder if a frequency analyzer app could show you what the affected ranges are?

#5938 4 years ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

So I've had my LE still in the box for 10 months. New baby and moving to a new house everything got put on the back burner. I really want to get this game opened. Since it's my first NIB are there any protectors I should be installing before we play the first game?[quoted image]

You can play right away, but I'd get mylar under the end of the right katana ramp entrance ball guide by Li'l Deadpool and a thin washer under the first post that holds it to the PF so it raises it just a smidge to prevent the edge from scratching through the clear from that guide flexing.

Also, get a set of cliffies ordered (hellhouse scoop, shooter lane, especially), and put a clear plastic protector UNDER the plastic on the front left ramp where it feeds the left flipper. That one has been cracking for a fair number of people from ball impacts up the ramp.

Here's an example of the lane guide scratching through clear from flexing at the turn (it also happens at the front). The white powder is the tell. That's clearcoat being scraped off
clear-digging (resized).jpgclear-digging (resized).jpg

Here's the mod installed. A washer to raise the guide a bit and clear mylar under the front area.
lane-mod-9_sml (resized).jpglane-mod-9_sml (resized).jpg

#5940 4 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

can you take pictures of each area please? thanks

Each of what area? The shooter lane? I think everyone knows where that is.

I posted pics of the most important one, the katana entrance. I have a how-to post that shows the whole process of fixing that area preventatively here:

#5945 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Yeah. I’m about to cut a metal protector for that ramp. DP comes with a plastic protector already installed now and it is not enough. I doubt going 3 deep on plastics would make much of a difference.

I can't imagine a nice .250" or .375" PETG wouldn't be enough. PET-G is really tough the thicker you go.

Also coil power set to soft.

#5948 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

I didn’t want to worry about it so I went ahead and cut a piece of metal. Pic attached is from a test fit. Painted the top black and sanded the edges to look like a blade.[quoted image]

It's a nice job, but I think I want the visibility there in the turnaround.

Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Has anyone been making that plastic with PET-G?

Dunno. If no one has and there enough interest, I can make some.

#5956 4 years ago

What if you have it on 5 ball and beat the game with only 3 of those? Ha!!!
That’s exactly what happened to me when I finally beat the game just about a week ago! I guess that just means I was capable of beating it at the 3 ball setting? I did loose one of the remaining balls during the Mr Sinister battle though.
Either way, it was tough to beat this game and it took me 1 year and 6 months!
But, I’m glad that I did it the right way by true gameplay! It feels satisfying when you do finally beat it!
I only play “mostly” on the weekends so I’m sure if I really focused on playing everyday it would’ve happened a lot sooner... I think.
Here’s a pic of my score from when I beat the game (my highest score ever)[quoted image]

Congrats! It's a pretty long game beginning to end.

#5960 4 years ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

Should I bother with a full playfield protector?

I hate them, so if you're asking me, no. Just make the noted fixes, keep it clean and wax it every couple hundred plays.

#5965 4 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Hey everyone. Just joined the Chimichanga club. The gane I have has no rubber on the posts between the inlane/outlane. What say you? Also I am not used to this Spike2 slow. Boot up, and I have have it set to fast!!!

That's normal. Stick rubber on there and it makes the game way too easy.

#6000 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I think all pro owners should do this. I had thought about doing the same on my prem but where the ramp comes down would get in the way of a gate at the lane.
Installed my cliffy last night. Still getting 30-40% rejects from the scoop. I'm not meaning on off center shots, these are dead straight into the middle of the scoop from the right flipper. I've gotta find some weaker coils for my flippers. I'm open to suggestions on a weaker coil. I've done it on my SAM games but with SPIKE and the node boards, it makes me nervous changing values out.

Is your coil power set to soft already? That cuts about 5% off coils, which is all that's needed sometimes.

If not, I'd wait for the next update before changing out coils. There's a good chance granular coil power adjustments will be in the next updates since other releases have that now.

#6003 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Good point about updates. Do you think there will be one? I was thinking this one was wrapped up but coil power adjustments would be AWESOME!
Where are you seeing the coil power setting? I went through all the settings last night looking for it and couldn't find it, but I have been know to be blind as a bat sometimes

There's a LOT of niggly bugs, the weird "1" kerning problem, and lack of granular champion (and loser) boards, so there's definitely an update coming.

I'm not sure where it is on Deadpool (I wish Stern still published the complete menu trees for their games somewhere), but it should be something like Coil Power or Coil Pulse and have a NORMAL and a SOFT option. Could be under either of the two adjustment headings.

#6005 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

That may be another bug as I've found it on all my other games but not on DP. I'll try again tonight to find it as anything will help. If I locate it I'll post the setting number.

I wouldn't call it a bug if it's missing, just more Stern inconsistency. This kind of adjustment should be system-level and re-used across all spike pins as a standard with the same adjustment number, in the same place. Stern doesn't do that, and it's really irritating.

#6026 4 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Tell this (Less than a week long new owner)
what mods you have installed that you like the most.
Thanks

Shaker Motor:

Stern Art Blades:
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=502-7073-00

Cliffies for shooter lane, etc (just search for deadpool):
https://www.passionforpinball.com/wip.htm
Email at the email addresses on that page to have him send you a paypal invoice for what you want

And the stuff in the pinmonk store that I have for it (these all work in all version of Deadpool:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk/by-game/2703-deadpool-limited-edition

The light kits are very nice to finish the look, but the quiet fan kit is essential because the droning loud stock one will drive you insane.

#6029 4 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

These are all excellent recommendations! I also have an external sub.
Not really a "mod", but definitely put a washer under front post of Katana guide to keep clear from chipping. Cliffy also has a protector for that if you prefer.

The cliffy set has a piece for that, so I didn't recommend the washer route. Although if you DON'T get his set, DEFINITELY do a washer.

#6032 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Which do you think it better? Your fix or the cliffy?
I'll be getting my game in a few weeks and I definitely will do one of these 2 fixes.
Thanks!

I think a washer + mylar is the best solution for that area, but if the cliffy set comes with a part, use his.

#6058 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Well, yesterday I got lucky and grabbed a Deadpool pro in town with a brand new still in box playfield. The owner received it from Stern due to two small CC chips on playfield. One at the bottom left inlane sling post and the other hidden up top behind a ball guide. Only plastic cracked was the one at scoop. Other than that, minor ware in the shooter lane. Price $4700.00. I will fix the CC chips and leave the new playfield to sell with pin in the future. But it is a nice insurance policy.
How's a shaker in this pin?
Must have modds?
Also, did this machine come with a manual or do I have to download it?
Thanks

Shaker's great. Definitely recommend the pinball life one.

#6072 3 years ago
Quoted from DK:

So I just realized that my Wolverine flasher is not working (well, it does, but it is VERY dim). I changed out the LED with the same results and am wondering if this is a transistor (I hope) I can swap out?

Node board for that is 9b, according to the manual. I'd try reseating all the connectors on that node board first, but then you can take the board off and see if the transistors are through hole. Although if you're getting dim light, that doesn't scream transistor to me like no light would.

#6074 3 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

Interesting, my Megalodon quest takes 7 red shots to light the scoop. I bought NIB and haven't changed any settings. My T-Rex does take four.
As for battles...if you want to take a serious shortcut just get the Wolverine team-up before every battle. With that, you can bypass all other shots and hit the Wolverine shot only (level one battles). Three or four Wolverine shots and everybody is dead...forget all that dangerous back and forth with the drops and ramp shots. You don't really need it for Sabretooth, but one shot over and over is a lot easier than spreading them out.

Megaladon took more than 4 on the Deadpool Premium I spent extensive time with. Don't remember how many, but it was definitely more than 4.

#6087 3 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

Yeah because Jersey Jack isn't having their fair share of playfield issues right now either....
I would easily take a splitting scoop protector over bad clear anyday.

Why limit yourself to only one? With Stern, you can have BOTH issues in your machine!

#6096 3 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Don't get me wrong, Stern isn't putting the pinnacle of quality parts in their machines, but they are also charging far less as well.

I understand that in the olden days Dialed In only had an LE and CE, but with the SE JJP does now that is roughly equivalent to a Prem, that's not true anymore. JJP is less expensive than Stern.

JJP SE $7500 (retail)
Stern Prem $7699 (retail)

$199 MORE is not "far less"

#6105 3 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

Thats still not apples to apples though. JJP SE(cheapest version) is $7500 (retail). Stern Deadpool Pro (cheapest version) is $6099 (retail).

A Stern Pro isn't in the same UNIVERSE as a JJP SE. That fails on coil count alone. JJP SE to Stern Premium is as close to an apples to apples BoM level comparison as you can get.

Quoted from gecko157:

We really should be comparing JJP retail prices (which is the lowest you pay regardless) with Stern street pricing, we all know their msrp is well above what we actually pay and what their bottom dollar
is on a sales price. That would be a more accurate comparison in pricing.

But even with THAT, there's still not a huge price difference between a Stern Prem and a JJP SE.

#6116 3 years ago
Quoted from gecko157:

Hey all I’m part of the club. Just ordered a NIB from Trent.
What do I need to do to bulletproof this thing. I ordered the pro model. Have cliffy’s on order. Are there any other protector sets I should order or trouble spots I should be placing Mylar down?

#6122 3 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Any idea where I can get clear slingshot rubbers?
I've checked
Marco
pinball life
planetary
cointaker

https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=52

Technically silicone, not rubber for these, but they're what you're looking for. Red looks pretty boss on deadpool slings, too.

Pinball Life has the perfect play ones, which are what I normally use:
https://www.pinballlife.com/search.html?Search=perfectplay

#6127 3 years ago
Quoted from DK:

Does anyone have an extra fully-working 520-8046-00b board they would sell? Half my lights are either out or stuck on and I swapped out my node 9 board and think that's the issue. Thanks

Check with borygard here on pinside. He can fix many node boards.

#6141 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Just noticed chipping behind my lil deadpool targets. Apologies if this has been reported by others. Didn’t come up in my search.
Anyone else had this?
[quoted image]

Yeah, it happens. Cliff makes a protector for that area:

https://www.passionforpinball.com/WIP/DP-3-bank.jpg

#6164 3 years ago
Quoted from durgee7:

Guys,
I'm sorry if this has already been covered here but, can anyone show me how they covered their shooter lane using mylar? Did you cover the first 3-inch length, over the entire lane width (obviously without covering rollover switch)?
Thanks!
[quoted image]

Clean the area well with 97% rubbing alcohol and let it dry.

Basically just make a long mylar rectangle that's WIDER than the area you want to cover (the dip in the trough of the shooter lane will eat up some of the material, so you need more width than you think). Then take the backing off the mylar, and starting on the right side (level side), line it up and press it so it butts right up to the right wall. then as you lay it down, working your way left, rapidly run your fingernailup and down the trough so the mylar adheres well with no bubbles. Mylar OVER the shooter switch (make sure the machine is OFF when you do this). Then make sure you have a nice 3/8" - 1/2" lip on the left side so there's plenty to adhere to the wood. then go back and rub on the mylar all over in long strokes to make sure you get good adhesion. Finally, take an x-acto and carefully cut out the hole for the shooter lane switch.
shooter-lane-mylar-example (resized).jpgshooter-lane-mylar-example (resized).jpg

#6175 3 years ago
Quoted from tominator:

You should apply a bit of wax first so the mylar can be removed easier if need be.

The alcohol is to REMOVE residual wax and dirt. There's enough ball action there that you want as much hold as possible, and wax will reduce that.

#6176 3 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

I use a shooter lane protector on my Stern games. Much better than mylar and prevents chipping (which mylar won’t).
https://cointaker.com/products/pinball-shooter-lane-protector
There are several sites that sell these. The link attached is for reference.

I hate those plastic sleeves for the shooter lane. Give me mylar or a cliffy any day.

#6178 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Somebody out there needs to make a template for cutting this piece of Mylar for the shooter lane. It would be convenient.

It's a little different from machine to machine on the left side, but I suppose you could make a generic template and people could cut it to fit from there.

2 weeks later
#6221 3 years ago
Quoted from maroot:

Just found a possible bug. Got the Mystery Award which awarded me 10 weapons, but it only gave me 3 for a total of 8. I am submitting this to Stern. Anyone else seen this?
Thanks!

Mystery weapon awards aren't added in the total you see that time. It's there, but you don't see it until next time. It's a known bug. I reported it in June of last year.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Belmont, MI
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
666 posts in this topic match your search for posts by pinmonk. You are on page 2 of 3.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmonk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/2?tu=pinmonk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.