(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,265 posts
  • 1,090 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by BurntBiscuit
  • Topic is favorited by 555 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg
dp27 (resized).jpg
dp16 (resized).jpg
IMG_2260 (resized).jpg
IMG_2259 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,265 posts in this topic. You are on page 294 of 326.
#14651 1 year ago
Quoted from golfergordy:

There's a Pinside thread on this subject of the Stern auto plunger problem: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-auto-plunger-problems
I've read it and there doesn't seem to be any universally agreed upon solution. No one suggested the shimming solution I've found so I posted it in the thread and one guy who apparently has been struggling with this problem stated that he would try it, but hasn't yet posted his results. My post here #16462 didn't include a pic so I'm including one now, to show where I placed the washers (black arrows). Before shimming, I first tried adjusting the prongs, as you allude to, w/o success. Shimming the auto plunger ass'y with washers immediately worked and still works fine 2-weeks later. The red arrow in the pic shows where I placed a sheet metal screw to replace the Stern threaded stud which I broke tightening the nut while reattaching the auto plunger ass'y after inserting the washer shims. I think the Stern threaded studs are easily broken when tightening the nut, so be warned not to tighten very much.
[quoted image]

I usually just use needle nose pliars to either space or slightly bend each prong so that it makes full contact throughout the rotation of travel of the actuator (This is important and I measure by rolling the actuator manually - with the power off- and making sure each side contacts the ball at the same time and to the same extent). If you're shimming the actuator assembly, you're probably imparting some spin or english to the ball as well, which may help it go around but it's probably losing speed and or changing the dynamic path the ball should take as intended off the rails. If you squeeze the prongs together slightly with a needle nose, you can restart and adjust as many times as you like (as long as you're not bending too much to weaken the metal) and then insert the pliars between the prongs pulling apart with equal force to widen the gap, or bending each one individually.

This technique also helps bring the ball closer to the manual plunger and assists with manual plunger power by sitting the ball lower in the shooter lane closer to the rod tip.

#14652 1 year ago

Given there is much recent chatter about the auto plunge, has anyone had problems with their auto plunge with a Cliffy shooter lane protector installed?

I have a set that I recently removed because my auto plunge was crap. I believe the problem stems from the fact the cutouts for the fin-shank screws are not aligned properly for Deadpool or perhaps just my DP so the edges of the metal protector don't sit perfectly flat. This results in raising the ball ever so slightly that messes up the plunge. As soon as I removed them the auto plunge is great.

The shim method here would seem like it would lower the plunger forks further which seems like the opposite of what was needed to fix my issue. I certainly would like to put the Cliffy back in so any advice or experience would be appreciated. I should also note that I have tried all kinds of manipulation with the spacing of the forks as well.

#14653 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I usually just use needle nose pliars to either space or slightly bend each prong so that it makes full contact throughout the rotation of travel of the actuator (This is important and I measure by rolling the actuator manually - with the power off- and making sure each side contacts the ball at the same time and to the same extent). If you're shimming the actuator assembly, you're probably imparting some spin or english to the ball as well, which may help it go around but it's probably losing speed and or changing the dynamic path the ball should take as intended off the rails. If you squeeze the prongs together slightly with a needle nose, you can restart and adjust as many times as you like (as long as you're not bending too much to weaken the metal) and then insert the pliars between the prongs pulling apart with equal force to widen the gap, or bending each one individually.
This technique also helps bring the ball closer to the manual plunger and assists with manual plunger power by sitting the ball lower in the shooter lane closer to the rod tip.

Seems it's too simple to fix that way.

#14654 1 year ago
Quoted from Smack:

Given there is much recent chatter about the auto plunge, has anyone had problems with their auto plunge with a Cliffy shooter lane protector installed?
I have a set that I recently removed because my auto plunge was crap. I believe the problem stems from the fact the cutouts for the fin-shank screws are not aligned properly for Deadpool or perhaps just my DP so the edges of the metal protector don't sit perfectly flat. This results in raising the ball ever so slightly that messes up the plunge. As soon as I removed them the auto plunge is great.
The shim method here would seem like it would lower the plunger forks further which seems like the opposite of what was needed to fix my issue. I certainly would like to put the Cliffy back in so any advice or experience would be appreciated. I should also note that I have tried all kinds of manipulation with the spacing of the forks as well.

I do use the Cliffy shooter lane protectors on my machines and never had an issue with my Deadpool auto plunge (~6,000 games). If you have already aligned the forks, etc. you may want to look into a slightly more powerful coil for the auto plunge.

That's what I ended up doing on my AIQ as outlined here (problems weren't because of Cliffys):
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/145#post-6332227

#14655 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I do use the Cliffy shooter lane protectors on my machines and never had an issue with my Deadpool auto plunge (~6,000 games). If you have already aligned the forks, etc. you may want to look into a slightly more powerful coil for the auto plunge.
That's what I ended up doing on my AIQ as outlined here (problems weren't because of Cliffys):
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/145#post-6332227

Thanks for the link. While I am sure a stronger coil may get the job done I don't feel there is anything wrong with the stock one given I can turn the plunge down to Factory settings with the Cliffy removed and it launches perfectly vs cranking the power up and still getting shitty plunges with the Cliffy installed.

I'll spend some more time with the piece of metal and see if I can get it to sit flatter and try again.

#14656 1 year ago
Quoted from Smack:

Smack,
If I were you, with the cliffy installed, I would try the shim method to see if there's any improvement vs no shim (loosening 4-nuts & shoving 2-washers in is easy to do). The shim causes the prongs thrust force (from the auto shooter) to be at a slightly higher angle (up the pf) than w/o the shim, which is what I think solved my auto shooter problem.

I have just ordered a Pindefender shooter lane protector (not a cliffy) for my Deadpool (2018 build), which will obviously slightly raise the ball in the shooter lane, and I'm now wondering if the auto shooter problem will return after I install it? If the problem does return, the first thing I'll try is to increase the shim thickness.

I have a GZ Prem. (April, 2022 build), and the auto shooter (same design as on Deadpool) has always worked perfectly. I have very closely inspected the auto shooter mechanism on both pb games trying to determine why it works on GZ but not very well (until after I installed the shim) on DP. The only difference I could ascertain was that the DP mechanism was installed further up the pf by about 1/32", which was why I tried a shim (I just had a hunch that a shim might help). I haven't rec'd the Pindefender protector yet, but after I install it I'll report back with the results.

#14657 1 year ago

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-bnod-blue-nubs-of-death.html

Anyone know which of these blue nubs of death go on Deadpool?

#14658 1 year ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

The manual shows them all as 626-5067-00.

Screenshot 2023-02-24 204901 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2023-02-24 204901 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2023-02-24 204939 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2023-02-24 204939 (resized).jpg
#14659 1 year ago

Hey all,
Just picked up a nice low play DP Pro & having a couple of ball reject issues.
The U turn under the left ramp is a miss 80% of the time & the orbit loop shot from the right side
starts great then hit something & re bounds down the shooter lane.
I had a quick search on the key notes 1st club page but zilch.

TIA

#14660 1 year ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Just a heads, I ordered these from PBL and they were pretty flexible, to the point where it would bend and the ball would hit the metal ramp most of the time. I ended up putting the old one back in.

#14661 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

Just a heads, I ordered these from PBL and they were pretty flexible, to the point where it would bend and the ball would hit the metal ramp most of the time. I ended up putting the old one back in.

Well that's a bummer. Anyone sell good ones?

#14662 1 year ago

All this modding love that Godzilla is getting it’s a shame some of these modders and products weren’t here for our beloved Deadpool.

#14663 1 year ago

I got my chimi truck. Thanks Vaughan!

PXL_20230227_183617120 (resized).jpgPXL_20230227_183617120 (resized).jpg
#14664 1 year ago

Hey all! Loving my (new to me) Deadpool, but I noticed that the shoot again light at the bottom doesn't blink after the plunge.
Previous owner said that it was a known issue and was hoping for an update.
The light works, as it lights up with other things like a lightshow, just not when it's supposed to.
Any advice?
Thanks in advance.

#14665 1 year ago

Check ball save settings

#14666 1 year ago

Is the default extra ball 15 weapons? Seems low and odd that it doesn't auto adjust.

#14667 1 year ago

It will say if you get to factory default in the settings

#14668 1 year ago

I was looking through the forums 290+ pages and I didn't find a reason or a solution to this but has anyone seen the Ninja Multiball / Kanata blade release all balls at once?

It used to be short little intervals... but now all balls just came flying down the blade.

2 things I did recently:
1. I replaced the flippers and slingshot rubbers with Titans... not sure how that would affect it as I didn't remove the blade.
2. I did shift the pin over as I sold one recently and wanted to put it closer to another pin.

anyone else see this recently?

#14669 1 year ago
Quoted from Heatmiser:

I was looking through the forums 290+ pages and I didn't find a reason or a solution to this but has anyone seen the Ninja Multiball / Kanata blade release all balls at once?
It used to be short little intervals... but now all balls just came flying down the blade.
2 things I did recently:
1. I replaced the flippers and slingshot rubbers with Titans... not sure how that would affect it as I didn't remove the blade.
2. I did shift the pin over as I sold one recently and wanted to put it closer to another pin.

In the thread it's always been traced back to the lock post. It can rub apparently and not go all the way up, or not quick enough at any rate.

#14670 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

In the thread it's always been traced back to the lock post. It can rub apparently and not go all the way up, or not quick enough at any rate.

Thanks dude! I probably missed it before, I'll check out the lock post this evening

#14671 1 year ago

Selling my Deadpool Pro in case anyone is interested.
A whopping 2400 games.
There isn't A SCRATCH on it.
Mirror blades, cliffys, sling protectors, IC door mod, led flipper buttons, physical knocker, more.
Pickup in Pasadena, south of Baltimore.
I'll get an add together soon.
I have pics ready to go.

#14672 1 year ago
Quoted from Heatmiser:

2 things I did recently:

Two causes that I've found on my own machine:
1) As someone mentioned earlier, the post was rubbing and catching as it actuates. I found I needed to bend the coil mounting bracket a little to align it better
2) My post wasn't quite the right length. I sent pics to Stern, they sent me the correct (and slightly different) size, and it works great now. It sounded like nonsense at the time, but they were right.

#14673 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Two causes that I've found on my own machine:
1) As someone mentioned earlier, the post was rubbing and catching as it actuates. I found I needed to bend the coil mounting bracket a little to align it better

I was in this camp. My katana up-post was rubbing on the drilled hole in the PF. I didn't have to bend anything, just loosen and retighten everything with the post centered on the hole. No issues since.

#14674 1 year ago

Thanks, I'll try these things today with the post and let ya know what it was for me

#14675 1 year ago

Hmm... my post has clearance and it's not rubbing on anything, it's also the right length as it's been working for 400+ plays up until now... looks like when I test it, it doesn't want to go up without me forcing it up with my hand. Could be the coil... still investigating...

#14676 1 year ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I got my chimi truck. Thanks Vaughan!
[quoted image]

I used the same one,
I like it much more that the tiny one...

#14677 1 year ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Having the same issue. What is the correct Titan sleeve replacement size for these?[quoted image]

Only Superband won't shred after heavy play though...

#14678 1 year ago
Quoted from splickety_lit:

Wow, that's a lot. What's your machine with the most plays?

This one, now almost at 50k plays!

#14679 1 year ago
Quoted from Heatmiser:

Hmm... my post has clearance and it's not rubbing on anything, it's also the right length as it's been working for 400+ plays up until now... looks like when I test it, it doesn't want to go up without me forcing it up with my hand. Could be the coil... still investigating...

Well, the spring should be pushing it up. That's the default position. When it activates, it pulls it down. Pull the whole thing out and manipulate it. That should eliminate some of the possible issues. And for what it's worth, mine worked great (intermittently) with the wrong post for hundreds of games. It makes no sense, but it's true.

#14680 1 year ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

This one, now almost at 50k plays!

wow. mine was previously routed at 10k plays and still looks amazing. 50k is INSANE!

#14681 1 year ago

Just got this truck for Marvel Crisis Protocol usage, but cool to see that it fits well in my DP!

Jada Toys 1:32 Deadpool - Food Truck White https://a.co/d/htrFq8J

#14682 1 year ago

What does a “typical” game of deadpool feel like to you all. Im no pinball expert but ive had this thing for a year now and it seems to kick my ass more than my walking dead premium…. I rarely finish the three battles to complete the first round of battles. Feel like im flailing too much.

#14683 1 year ago

Me too but I’m not very good in general.

#14684 1 year ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

What does a “typical” game of deadpool feel like to you all. Im no pinball expert but ive had this thing for a year now and it seems to kick my ass more than my walking dead premium…. I rarely finish the three battles to complete the first round of battles. Feel like im flailing too much.

Did you add the rubber to the outlane posts? Plus much “easier” with them on.

#14685 1 year ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Quoted from Rickwh:

What does it FEEL like?
Have you been using the power ups?
Easiest for me is wolverine.
Shoot that 3x to activate power ups
Then shoot the scoop, then just keep shooting that wolverine spinner to complete the mode.

Then but sure to use the boom button to complete the shots in modes that are tough for you

But I def know what you mean about feeling like your flailing....

#14686 1 year ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

I adjusted the flippers to make ball control easier. Setting them just 1/8” higher makes a world of difference.

As mentioned, make sure the bottom lane posts have rubber and that the outlines are in the bottom position. Also, there’s no shame in adjusting the settings for more extra balls and longer ball save times and lowering (or even removing) the tilt Bob.

It might upset the tournament players and factory-settings purists, but at the end of the day, it’s my game and I like making it to the end of the story.

#14687 1 year ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Ok, hear me out. Check your angle and level, and if it is perfect… change the angle a little. Leave side to side alone if it is perfect, good on you. Next, pick your worst shot and just master it. Lastly, wax it.
-Lb

#14688 1 year ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

It's weird but I have found my premium to be waaaaaaay harder than the pro I owned. My GC on my pro was around 2 billion, and I'd probably get one billion game in every 10. On my premium most of my games end at 100 million or so and it plays so freaking fast! I actually don't get it, it's levelled the same, the flipper placement and shot geometry don't feel any different, but it feels like it's double speed... and I thought having drops instead of stand ups it would play a tiny bit slower!

#14689 1 year ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

Did you add the rubber to the outlane posts? Plus much “easier” with them on.

I tried this once but it made spelling BOOM very difficult. While my play times were longer, I hardly got any BOOMs and that was annoying and hurting me in other scoring departments. Nudging away from outlanes has helped me a bunch.

#14690 1 year ago

Thanks for all the hints and advice. I did put rubber on the outlane posts but I left the adjustable posts in stock position (lazy I guess haha). I don’t think I make good use of my booms in modes. But I do take some teams ups into modes. Esp juggernaut. I’ll just have to keep working at it.

Rx: more Deadpool pinball!

#14691 1 year ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Thanks for all the hints and advice. I did put rubber on the outlane posts but I left the adjustable posts in stock position (lazy I guess haha). I don’t think I make good use of my booms in modes. But I do take some teams ups into modes. Esp juggernaut. I’ll just have to keep working at it.
Rx: more Deadpool pinball!

Load Little Deadpool before going into Juggernaut so you have a mini 2 ball multiball, helps complete that mode as well.

The only other thing I changed was turning off the dynamic extra ball weapon setting, it was fine for me but made my family and casual players never be able to get enough weapons for an EX.

#14692 1 year ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

The only other thing I changed was turning off the dynamic extra ball weapon setting, it was fine for me but made my family and casual players never be able to get enough weapons for an EX.

What does that setting do?

#14693 1 year ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

I'd imagine like the dynamic replay....
The better you get, the harder the setting adjusts

#14694 1 year ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Quoted from pinbuoy:

I'd imagine like the dynamic replay....
The better you get, the harder the setting adjusts

Yes correct, I think it starts at 25 but I had it all the way up to 50 weapons when on dynamic so most other players couldn't get a EB.

#14695 1 year ago

Anyone know what type of screw goes in the katana?

20230310_192737 (resized).jpg20230310_192737 (resized).jpg
#14696 1 year ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Anyone know what type of screw goes in the katana?
[quoted image]

I can’t remember which length because I picked up both at the hardware store. If I had to bet I would say the I used the 1/4 length. If you have a spare 6-32 hex post take that to a hardware store and have them get you both lengths. Sadly the manual does not list that screw.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/4006-01041-06

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/4006-01041-04

#14697 1 year ago

1592 Games played, 15+ Megalkrakawhatevers, and finally get to clone multiball with 100 weapons 2x running on final ball. Keep 2 balls on one flipper whole clone multiball so I can finally hit final battle. Scoop rattles out to the left outlane....sorry my wife doesn't understand my pain so I came here

#14698 1 year ago
Quoted from Oleboy:

1592 Games played, 15+ Megalkrakawhatevers, and finally get to clone multiball with 100 weapons 2x running on final ball. Keep 2 balls on one flipper whole clone multiball so I can finally hit final battle. Scoop rattles out to the left outlane....sorry my wife doesn't understand my pain so I came here

at least mine listens, or pretends to
She does seem semi interested...

#14699 1 year ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

I can’t remember which length because I picked up both at the hardware store. If I had to bet I would say the I used the 1/4 length. If you have a spare 6-32 hex post take that to a hardware store and have them get you both lengths. Sadly the manual does not list that screw.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/4006-01041-06

I was just doing some work on Deadpool and took that screw out. It is definitely the 1/4" screw.

#14700 1 year ago

Anyone else get a Premium/LE that didn’t come with the Colossus plastic in the goodie bag? I have the Wolverine, Dazzler, Chimichanga Truck, etc. just missing Colossus.

Also, anyone who’s replaced Colossus with a custom toy want to sell the Colossus plastic piece?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Belmont, MI
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 16,265 posts in this topic. You are on page 294 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/294?hl=pinpickle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.