(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,295 posts
  • 1,092 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 hours ago by Magicman
  • Topic is favorited by 557 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240422_042849~2 (resized).jpg
20240420_214553 (resized).jpg
20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 290 of 326.
#14451 1 year ago

Every DP I’ve seen has been slightly droopy (vs. what seems to the eye to be level with lane guide)

I’m a little more than 100 pages in on the thread so far - I know I saw someone adjust the angles up and to them the game played better / easier it seemed.

#14452 1 year ago
Quoted from glpinball:

It's a little tougher but easier to make the orbits as a result. Up to you however you like it.

Thanks man, was just thinking it would hurt the orbit. I'll play with it and adjust accordingly.

#14453 1 year ago

Gomez has stated that they are intended to be a little bit lower on purpose. A big part of it is hitting the dead and pool targets. Side shots are tough if the flippers are too high.

#14454 1 year ago

I’m in the club as of today. Time to work on my snikt game!

7282F9C4-9065-4F16-B25D-70D2A1503444 (resized).jpeg7282F9C4-9065-4F16-B25D-70D2A1503444 (resized).jpeg
#14455 1 year ago

For those that have updated Deadpool and have the disco ball mod by lermods… should I install it or am I just asking for issues and it not working?

I bought it a while ago so I already have it but just trying to be cautious before installing

#14456 1 year ago

It seems like there's an issue with the alignment of my playfield/glass. It's always been tough to get back into position after moving it up to service, but I don't usually use the manual plunger so never noticed this. Tried another plunger to make sure it wasn't bent, but it doesn't sit right. Not sure if it ever did. Thoughts?

PXL_20221219_011755179 (resized).jpgPXL_20221219_011755179 (resized).jpgPXL_20221219_011955701 (resized).jpgPXL_20221219_011955701 (resized).jpg
#14457 1 year ago
Quoted from petrieslastword:

It seems like there's an issue with the alignment of my playfield/glass. It's always been tough to get back into position after moving it up to service, but I don't usually use the manual plunger so never noticed this. Tried another plunger to make sure it wasn't bent, but it doesn't sit right. Not sure if it ever did. Thoughts?
[quoted image][quoted image]

It just looks like your apron is misaligned. Try removing your instruction cards, loosening the screws and realigning...

#14458 1 year ago

Is your floor pretty level? or is one of the legs jacked up compared to the rest? maybe the cabinet is shifted?

also this might sound dumb but maybe swap the glass with one of your other pins... just for the sake of, process of elimination.

#14459 1 year ago

I had this problem with my Halloween. The problem was the cabinet twisting - near the flippers was level, but the top of the playfield was not. I've never seen another pin do this, but perhaps it's happening to yours.

#14460 1 year ago

I searched the thread but can someone give me a quick overview on what starts disco multiball on a premium? I get the spinner depleted to zero...then what? I have read if in another mode it may not start disco....I believe some shots were lit when I had the spinner count depleted but then I started another mode.

Thank you! Sorry new pin for me.

#14461 1 year ago

A bunch of shots on the spinner will start Disco Loops.
A bunch more shots on the spinner will start Disco Multiball.

-Jason

Quoted from blastbeat:

I searched the thread but can someone give me a quick overview on what starts disco multiball on a premium? I get the spinner depleted to zero...then what? I have read if in another mode it may not start disco....I believe some shots were lit when I had the spinner count depleted but then I started another mode.

#14462 1 year ago

There are times you can have disco MB qualified where it won't start. I believe if Sauron MB is ready at the scoop. Possibly Mechsuit as well.

#14463 1 year ago
Quoted from blastbeat:I searched the thread but can someone give me a quick overview on what starts disco multiball on a premium? I get the spinner depleted to zero...then what? I have read if in another mode it may not start disco....I believe some shots were lit when I had the spinner count depleted but then I started another mode.

Not sure if it is the same on pro v. prem but on my pro there is a countdown on the left side of the screen. Once I have hit the required spins it says Disco MB ready, and the next spinner shot starts it.

#14464 1 year ago

I just moved IC to the coin door and replaced with the sweet apron plastic from @j85m. I haven't played yet (I did turn it on) but it seems that the singe white LED below the apron really stands out through the plastic. Those who have done this did you leave it as is or do something else?

#14465 1 year ago

Can anyone tell me what the part number is for this post? I can’t find it in the manual?

After changing the bulbs I tightened it too much and snapped the top of the bolt off.

D36D0044-AF74-4141-B884-034B42E87D51 (resized).jpegD36D0044-AF74-4141-B884-034B42E87D51 (resized).jpeg
#14466 1 year ago

To the best of my recollection, this started several months ago, but I didn't pay any mind b/c the game is working fine.
(It's possible that I've always seen this & it just never registered in my brain...).

I get 2 errors on startup:
1. Checking Node Boards: 9 Overcurrent Detected
2. Operator Alert! Trough Device Malfunction

https://photos.app.goo.gl/bzuChtjNpd9ouBMJA

Concern? Normal?

Thanks,
-Jason

#14467 1 year ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

Can anyone tell me what the part number is for this post? I can’t find it in the manual?
After changing the bulbs I tightened it too much and snapped the top of the bolt off.[quoted image]

I don’t see playfield hardware page in the online manual. I checked for DP and several other spike machines. The manuals for Sam games I thought had a page like the rubber page that would tell ya hardware. Sounds like you might just have to take the post out and measure it and go hunting for it on Marcos site? Maybe call district/stern?

#14468 1 year ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

I don’t see playfield hardware page in the online manual. I checked for DP and several other spike machines. The manuals for Sam games I thought had a page like the rubber page that would tell ya hardware. Sounds like you might just have to take the post out and measure it and go hunting for it on Marcos site? Maybe call district/stern?

Found this in the otherwise terrible Metallica online manual

55906EBA-A6FA-46BE-B3A8-BA79EE5A0880 (resized).png55906EBA-A6FA-46BE-B3A8-BA79EE5A0880 (resized).png
#14469 1 year ago

So you are likely looking at one of the posts near bottoms of page. But after you get it outta the machine you can compare the size and see which one it is.

#14470 1 year ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

So you are likely looking at one of the posts near bottoms of page. But after you get it outta the machine you can compare the size and see which one it is.

First, thanks for looking at other manuals I didn't think of that!

I thought of pulling it back off but emailed Stern yesterday, with it being the holidays I will just wait a few more days and then order next week. Thankfully I can still play the game.

Looking at the pictures I think it is #3 or #14.

#14471 1 year ago

I think 3 is a wood screw into the playfield id be. Surprised if thats it. I think the high impact posts machine screw into tnuts under the playfield. So 11 or 14 15 is probably it.

I went through similar thing with my SMVE its right sling post closest to the flippers failed shortly after i got it and i had to replace. It was pretty easy job

Good luck! Let us know how it turns out

#14472 1 year ago
Quoted from jasonbar:To the best of my recollection, this started several months ago, but I didn't pay any mind b/c the game is working fine.
(It's possible that I've always seen this & it just never registered in my brain...).

I get 2 errors on startup:
1. Checking Node Boards: 9 Overcurrent Detected
2. Operator Alert! Trough Device Malfunction

https://photos.app.goo.gl/bzuChtjNpd9ouBMJA

Concern? Normal?

Thanks,
-Jason

Not normal. A symptom of this may be some of the GI not lighting because of a short in one of the GI bulb sockets.

#14473 1 year ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Not normal. A symptom of this may be some of the GI not lighting because of a short in one of the GI bulb sockets.

Good call. It wasn't "may be." It was "was be."

Thanks for the tip. Searching led me to this honey of a thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spike-2-node-9-overcurrent-protection-gi-failure-stern-jple & then the Stern Spike manual download: https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/SPIKE-System-Manual.pdf

Turns out it was the back panel GI, which goes to show you that I pretty much don't take my eyes off the flippers when I'm playing--I never even noticed these were out *blush*.

Pulled all bulbs.
Still error. Must be a socket.

Unplugged the connector to the back panel.
Error gone. OK, one of those sockets.

Found a chip of wood in 1 socket that might have been biasing the spring to touch the barrel inner diameter; removed the wood chip. (Wow, this piece of wood is *SOFT*! Most of the screws holding the sockets are a little loose & will spin if I over-torque them!)
Found 1 socket whose insulator floor in the socket didn't look complete; fussed with it.
Didn't clear the error.

Measured about 28 ohm across the GI wires.
Bent the arms on all sockets to be a little farther away from the barrel outer diameters.
Tickled the insides of the sockets w/ tweezers in case something teeny was stuck in there.
Blew out each socket w/ my small shop vac.
ERROR CLEARED!!!

Then I played 1 game, to, you know, test it out.
Stole from my son the L'il Deadpool Multiball Champ & Weapons Champ. He might be grumpy with me tomorrow!

Thanks,
-Jason

PXL_20221225_054505732 (resized).jpgPXL_20221225_054505732 (resized).jpg
#14474 1 year ago

Time to pimp up the van! It will cycle on when the chimi light comes on and then power off after it goes off.

#14475 1 year ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

Good call. It wasn't "may be." It was "was be."
Thanks for the tip. Searching led me to this honey of a thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spike-2-node-9-overcurrent-protection-gi-failure-stern-jple & then the Stern Spike manual download: https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/SPIKE-System-Manual.pdf
Turns out it was the back panel GI, which goes to show you that I pretty much don't take my eyes off the flippers when I'm playing--I never even noticed these were out *blush*.
Pulled all bulbs.
Still error. Must be a socket.
Unplugged the connector to the back panel.
Error gone. OK, one of those sockets.
Found a chip of wood in 1 socket that might have been biasing the spring to touch the barrel inner diameter; removed the wood chip. (Wow, this piece of wood is *SOFT*! Most of the screws holding the sockets are a little loose & will spin if I over-torque them!)
Found 1 socket whose insulator floor in the socket didn't look complete; fussed with it.
Didn't clear the error.
Measured about 28 ohm across the GI wires.
Bent the arms on all sockets to be a little farther away from the barrel outer diameters.
Tickled the insides of the sockets w/ tweezers in case something teeny was stuck in there.
Blew out each socket w/ my small shop vac.
ERROR CLEARED!!!
Then I played 1 game, to, you know, test it out.
Stole from my son the L'il Deadpool Multiball Champ & Weapons Champ. He might be grumpy with me tomorrow!
Thanks,
-Jason[quoted image]

Holy crap I can't believe that playfield made it through QC, running the bits and blades dull these days it seems.

#14476 1 year ago

I'm sure there is a place in the many forums that talks about this, but I can't seem to find it. My left flipper slips/moves just a little when I'm trying to catch the pinball. Basically makes a perfect catch, but not by design. I followed the procedure of aligning and tightening the flippers, but that small slip of when the ball hits the flipper in a raised position is still happening? Any ideas?

#14477 1 year ago
Quoted from MrBubbles:

I'm sure there is a place in the many forums that talks about this, but I can't seem to find it. My left flipper slips/moves just a little when I'm trying to catch the pinball. Basically makes a perfect catch, but not by design. I followed the procedure of aligning and tightening the flippers, but that small slip of when the ball hits the flipper in a raised position is still happening? Any ideas?

Crank the clamp for the bat some more. Could also be worn and need replacement.

#14478 1 year ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Crank the clamp for the bat some more. Could also be worn and need replacement.

I think I only have about 100 plays so I don't think it's a worn out issue. The nut that I've been tightening is an allen wrench setup. I think I might break the little allen wrench if I try to tighten any more. I'll give it a shot though. Thanks for the quick replay

#14479 1 year ago
Quoted from MrBubbles:

I think I only have about 100 plays so I don't think it's a worn out issue. The nut that I've been tightening is an allen wrench setup. I think I might break the little allen wrench if I try to tighten any more. I'll give it a shot though. Thanks for the quick replay

Could be the coil stop.

#14480 1 year ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Could be the coil stop.

Ok, I can try checking that too. Thanks for the suggestions.

#14481 1 year ago

Been playing Deadpool on location and I may be falling in love. I find myself scheming on various ways to acquire one. I’ve heard Stern may be making more. I would consider a used one in great condition too.

For space and money reasons I really should sell one or two. I really like premium over pro when I can manage it, as a general rule. So upon consulting with family they would be willing to let TSPP and/or TZ go. TSPP is a (real) HUO, almost perfect, and TZ is a very nice player’s condition.

Check out my collection and I’d love to hear opinions on this shake up I am considering!

#14482 1 year ago
Quoted from MrBubbles:I'm sure there is a place in the many forums that talks about this, but I can't seem to find it. My left flipper slips/moves just a little when I'm trying to catch the pinball. Basically makes a perfect catch, but not by design. I followed the procedure of aligning and tightening the flippers, but that small slip of when the ball hits the flipper in a raised position is still happening? Any ideas?

Quoted from DudeRegular:

Could be the coil stop.

I had the exact same issue on the left flipper a few days ago- coil stop was broken.

#14483 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Been playing Deadpool on location and I may be falling in love. I find myself scheming on various ways to acquire one. I’ve heard Stern may be making more. I would consider a used one in great condition too.
For space and money reasons I really should sell one or two. I really like premium over pro when I can manage it, as a general rule. So upon consulting with family they would be willing to let TSPP and/or TZ go. TSPP is a (real) HUO, almost perfect, and TZ is a very nice player’s condition.
Check out my collection and I’d love to hear opinions on this shake up I am considering!

Its the longest tenured game at my house, though I may finally be getting ready to list mine. Its probably my favorite game of all time. I tend to go with the idea that I can typically get a game back again. I have in fact a few times. I would rate it higher that Simpsons and TZ quite a bit.

#14484 1 year ago

Hi all

TECH ISSUE: Not sure if this has been covered before. Hell house switch, the middle tab has broken off (right at the body. No repair, it's a replace). I replaced this switch on my first DP Pro 4 to 6 times (each one, broke at the same spot). I thought it may have been just a bad batch of switches. Turns out, nope.

This is my second DP Pro. I really don't want to be having to buy more switches to replace these every 2 months. Has anyone experienced the same thing, and if so, have you figured out the cause or a solution? I am assuming it is the vibration, and the fact that the players hit the HH scoop 42,000 times per play.

Thanks in advance!

20221229_142511 (resized).jpg20221229_142511 (resized).jpg
#14485 1 year ago

I put hot glue on this connection right away on my new game. Been good for 7 months.

(But I also tacked 1 or 2 spares onto another parts order.)

Thanks,
Jason

Quoted from smokedog:

Hi all
TECH ISSUE: Not sure if this has been covered before. Hell house switch, the middle tab has broken off (right at the body. No repair, it's a replace). I replaced this switch on my first DP Pro 4 to 6 times (each one, broke at the same spot). I thought it may have been just a bad batch of switches. Turns out, nope.
This is my second DP Pro. I really don't want to be having to buy more switches to replace these every 2 months. Has anyone experienced the same thing, and if so, have you figured out the cause or a solution? I am assuming it is the vibration, and the fact that the players hit the HH scoop 42,000 times per play.
Thanks in advance!
[quoted image]

#14486 1 year ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Hi all
Thanks in advance!
[quoted image]

Drop of solder also?

#14487 1 year ago

Just replaced mine for the first time two months ago. 5000+ plays.

#14488 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Just replaced mine for the first time two months ago. 5000+ plays.

Seems to be around the same time as mine (mine might be a tad sooner). If the switch wasn't mounted on the same bracket as the coil, I doubt this would be an issue. I'll probably try the hot glue method.

#14489 1 year ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Seems to be around the same time as mine (mine might be a tad sooner). If the switch wasn't mounted on the same bracket as the coil, I doubt this would be an issue. I'll probably try the hot glue method.

March 19 mine was delivered 5911 plays. My first pinball machine.

#14490 1 year ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Hi all
Thanks in advance!
[quoted image]

I ordered two new switches, soldered a new one. It does seem pretty common but since turning off the shaker motor I haven't had another issue with the switch. I also turned down my hell house kickout just in case.

#14491 1 year ago

Does a replacement lil Deadpool figure exist on the planet? Asking for a friend…

#14492 1 year ago
Quoted from SpinnerCM:

Does a replacement lil Deadpool figure exist on the planet? Asking for a friend…

Mine has been on order for months, it's head came off week two. I glue the head back on and it's been fine since.

#14493 1 year ago
Quoted from SpinnerCM:Does a replacement lil Deadpool figure exist on the planet? Asking for a friend…

You could always use one of these until you find one:

Funko Pop! Marvel: Deadpool 30th - Dinopool https://a.co/d/cJA2F1F

I pulled the Lil’ Deadpool before ball one. I figure I will put him back when I decide to sell my Deadpool (if I decided to, I love this pin). I used a small square of Lexan to mount him to. Getting the balance right to allow for Dinopool to sit properly only took two attempts. You can see a close up of Dinopool about 30 seconds in.

#14494 1 year ago

Anyone know what this part is. Came off on playfield when playing . Some where by left upper .

172A679D-B852-4090-8F2E-721BC7449ABB (resized).jpeg172A679D-B852-4090-8F2E-721BC7449ABB (resized).jpeg
#14496 1 year ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Anyone know what this part is. Came off on playfield when playing . Some where by left upper .
[quoted image]

Goes under one of your ramps..use mirror to see which one...requires some disassembly to reattach... See this post for location and post above for other location
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/259#post-6941122

Also this referencing George Gomez response

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/259#post-6941767

#14497 1 year ago

Thanks for the responses. Got it back on.

#14498 1 year ago
Quoted from attyrhodes:

Not sure if it is the same on pro v. prem but on my pro there is a countdown on the left side of the screen. Once I have hit the required spins it says Disco MB ready, and the next spinner shot starts it.

So I still haven't had disco multiball on my premium. I'm average but not that bad lol. I literally took the glass off and hit the spinner ohhhh I'd say 300x lol. I get the normal countdown to zero pretty easily. Is there a shot to make after the disco inserts are flashing?

In adjustments menu it says start disco on spinner. As default thats set to NO (just checked this). Disco multiball is set to medium difficulty which is again default. Help!

Also...just a thought I never noticed the ramp lower by shooter lane. If that plays a part? Either way I assume that's an issue on mine I'll check that out in test mode

#14499 1 year ago

Yes, start at spinner. Change the menu and see?

#14500 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Yes, start at spinner. Change the menu and see?

But that's odd the not the default to start on spinner is no...all I can read or hear is the spinner starts it? Thx for feedback here it's appreciated

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinsburg, WV
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 290 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/290 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.