(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,295 posts
  • 1,092 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Magicman
  • Topic is favorited by 557 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240422_042849~2 (resized).jpg
20240420_214553 (resized).jpg
20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 287 of 326.
#14301 1 year ago

Really? So this game is supposed to have droopy flippers? I assumed mine came like that from the factory but figured it could’ve been a mistake. It kills my ocd when they’re not lined up perfectly straight with the in lanes.

#14302 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

Really? So this game is supposed to have droopy flippers? I assumed mine came like that from the factory but figured it could’ve been a mistake. It kills my ocd when they’re not lined up perfectly straight with the in lanes.

According to the designer, yes.

#14303 1 year ago

Good to know on the install. They look so good.

Halo vs Non-Halo?

I see he says softer with the Halo on marketplace but the it’s the esthetics that’s incredible.

Also… lowering flipper power is a great problem/adjustment to have.

Will get my order in soon.

#14304 1 year ago

Yeah they do look great.

Maybe the fans of deadpool lore can help me out. Is lil deadpool an actual character from the comics? I’ve only watched the movies. I searched the thread and google which didn’t help much.

#14305 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

Yeah they do look great.
Maybe the fans of deadpool lore can help me out. Is lil deadpool an actual character from the comics? I’ve only watched the movies. I searched the thread and google which didn’t help much.

He’s in the Posehn/Duggan (maybe others, not sure) run of the comic, and he’s usually at the beginning and end of an issue to recap what’s going on for the reader. Not really part of the story, but part of the comic book itself.

If you listen to joelbob ’s podcast interview with Gomez/Klyce (Just Another Pinball Podcast), they talk about how Stern basically had to remind Marvel that little Deadpool even existed, which is pretty funny.

Also, that’s just a really great interview in general about the making of the Deadpool pinball machine.. worth a listen!

https://www.thepinballnetwork.net/e/just-another-pinball-podcast-ep-30-deadpool-breakdown-wgeorge-gomez-tanio-klyce/

#14306 1 year ago

Awesome thanks! I’ll check it out

#14307 1 year ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Halo vs Non-Halo?
I see he says softer with the Halo on marketplace but the it’s the esthetics that’s incredible.

Been a fan since day one and put the first edition solid flippers in Tron, then swapped the bottom ones out recently when the halo's came in blue.

Big differences.
First the sound, the solids sound like an alloy baseball bat striking a ball, that tinny sound.
Halo's have a distinct sound without the tinny ring.

Halos feel like they are better at catching, tip passing and a whole lot of stunt pinball that makes me look a better player than i am, i don't know why, but it's noticeable.

Both flippers ARE more accurate and repeatable with shots like Gem on Tron becoming easier. It's widely reported through the thread that the tricky shots on games are easier with Precision flippers. Both seem to be good at this and i believe it's the lack of flex combined with the alloy bushings. Try warping a plastic bat in your hand and see how much flex they really do have.

Finally the innovation, they are being constantly revised and improved, often through feedback from pinside within the thread.

#14308 1 year ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Halo vs Non-Halo?

I’ve played with both and I prefer the Halo. Not saying the standards are bad but the Halo are awesome!!!

#14309 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Been a fan since day one and put the first edition solid flippers in Tron, then swapped the bottom ones out recently when the halo's came in blue.
Big differences.
First the sound, the solids sound like an alloy baseball bat striking a ball, that tinny sound.
Halos feel like they are better at catching, tip passing and a whole lot of stunt pinball that makes me look a better player than i am, i don't know why, but it's noticeable.
Both flippers ARE more accurate and repeatable with shots like Gem on Tron becoming easier. It's widely reported through the thread that the tricky shots on games are easier with Precision flippers. Both seem to be good at this and i believe it's the lack of flex combined with the alloy bushings. Try warping a plastic bat in your hand and see how much flex they really do have.
Finally the innovation, they are being constantly revised and improved, often through feedback from pinside within the thread.

Your positive take on these may make me buy a few sets.

Our provincial gov't is currently "vote buying" and giving each resident 18+ that has filed taxes in past year $500 bucks "because of high cost of living" I guess. I may just waste this $ and buy some flipper bat sets, ha

#14310 1 year ago

I've put them in Tron, Deadpool and The Walking dead so far. I have a pair to go in Sunset riders and i'll be putting them in Rob Zombie and Alice cooper.

I'm currently in the process of downsizing from 26 machines to 10 in order to purchase a house and move out of my warehouse. The games i keep will all be 'keepers', i have to make some hard choices and games like Indiana Jones etc will be on the block.
Not sure they'll go in Sorcerer or Grand Lizard as i don't know if they'd look right.

Most of the ones i end up keeping will get these bats, for the aesthetics as well as the performance.

Free money sounds the way to go.

#14311 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Big differences.

Quoted from joelbob:

I’ve played with both and I prefer the Halo. Not saying the standards are bad but the Halo are awesome!!!

Outstanding. Thank you.

I will order a few sets of Halo's!

#14312 1 year ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Outstanding. Thank you.
I will order a few sets of Halo's!

You are welcome. John is a good bloke and deserves success. The product speaks for itself.

#14313 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

I've put them in Tron, Deadpool and The Walking dead so far. I have a pair to go in Sunset riders and i'll be putting them in Rob Zombie and Alice cooper.
I'm currently in the process of downsizing from 26 machines to 10 in order to purchase a house and move out of my warehouse. The games i keep will all be 'keepers', i have to make some hard choices and games like Indiana Jones etc will be on the block.
Not sure they'll go in Sorcerer or Grand Lizard as i don't know if they'd look right.
Most of the ones i end up keeping will get these bats, for the aesthetics as well as the performance.
Free money sounds the way to go.

If you get anymore and if you want to share the postage let me know as would like a pair but the shipping kills it for me at the moment. The Halo look cool

#14314 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

If you get anymore and if you want to share the postage let me know as would like a pair but the shipping kills it for me at the moment. The Halo look cool

Will do Jady. I'll be ordering more as my last order got fucked up and i didn't order bushes or shafts for the extra 2 sets i ended up with. Plus i will be putting them in almost all of my 'keeper' games.

#14315 1 year ago

Anyone else have lots of distortion in the speakers on their DP pro? Mine sounds awful anytime there is bass. I’m guessing a speaker upgrade would fix it?

#14316 1 year ago
Quoted from woodmedic:

Anyone else have lots of distortion in the speakers on their DP pro? Mine sounds awful anytime there is bass. I’m guessing a speaker upgrade would fix it?

Check to make sure all the nuts are on the speakers, my GZ came with half the nuts missing and sounded like crap whenever it hit bass notes.

#14317 1 year ago
Quoted from woodmedic:

Pinwoofer. Full system.

One of the best mods ever for DP.

#14318 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Pinwoofer. Full system.
One of the best mods ever for DP.

100x this ^^... Get a pinwoofer, some upgraded speakers and better subwoofer into a DP, and enjoy the best sounding Stern ever made.

#14319 1 year ago
Quoted from woodmedic:

While the bass is playing, hold your hand on the speaker mesh under the cabinet and see if it stops. The sub's cone can be touching the mesh making that rattle/distortion sound. On mine the foam surrounding the sub basket was too compressed and it was hitting. Stern sent a new sub and the problem was solved. You can also try inserting some surround around where the sub mounts to the cabinet if that turns out to be the issue.

#14320 1 year ago
Quoted from woodmedic:

It’s pretty easy to DIY your own speaker upgrade for about $80-$90. I made an Amazon buy list here for my own reference: http://bit.ly/sternaudio

Grab these or the pinwoofer system, you’ll love the upgrade!

#14321 1 year ago

Thanks for all of the great recommendations! I bet one of these things will be my problem!

#14322 1 year ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

He’s in the Posehn/Duggan (maybe others, not sure) run of the comic, and he’s usually at the beginning and end of an issue to recap what’s going on for the reader. Not really part of the story, but part of the comic book itself.
If you listen to joelbob ’s podcast interview with Gomez/Klyce (Just Another Pinball Podcast), they talk about how Stern basically had to remind Marvel that little Deadpool even existed, which is pretty funny.
Also, that’s just a really great interview in general about the making of the Deadpool pinball machine.. worth a listen!
https://www.thepinballnetwork.net/e/just-another-pinball-podcast-ep-30-deadpool-breakdown-wgeorge-gomez-tanio-klyce/

So I listened to this and it was pretty interesting. Is there anywhere I can read about the history of deadpool development? I’m sure someone knows the story but I couldn’t find it with a search. Thanks

#14323 1 year ago
Quoted from woodmedic:

Is it distortion or “clipping” ? The later can be fixed in the audio settings. I upgraded to flipper fidelity and they send you recommended settings for optimal bass response and sound. I have them in most of my pins. Great product and great pricing.

#14324 1 year ago

I got the chance to look tonight and sure enough, it is the grill in the cabinet speaker underneath. If I put my hand on the grill, the “distortion” goes away. Thanks for the suggestions!

#14325 1 year ago
Quoted from woodmedic:

I got the chance to look tonight and sure enough, it is the grill in the cabinet speaker underneath. If I put my hand on the grill, the “distortion” goes away. Thanks for the suggestions!

In the DIY audio thread, the audio expert there davegauth suggests to just throw away the plastic mesh altogether. I've removed it in all my pins (just set it inside the cab)

#14326 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

In the DIY audio thread, the audio expert there davegauth suggests to just throw away the plastic mesh altogether. I've removed it in all my pins (just set it inside the cab)

You could always just staple it to the bottom of the cab (outside) instead of leaving it sandwiched between the speaker and the inside of the cab. That way it at least still offers a little bit of protection for the speaker, which is why it’s there in the first place.

#14327 1 year ago

I took it out and it sounds so much better now!

#14328 1 year ago

Hi does anybody know if there is different modded code from the cleland and I can’t remember the other guys name,

I read somewhere that there is a different code? Not sure if I have imagined reading it though,

Cheers

#14329 1 year ago
Quoted from Itch:

Hi does anybody know if there is different modded code from the cleland and I can’t remember the other guys name,
I read somewhere that there is a different code? Not sure if I have imagined reading it though,
Cheers

I don't know about anyone else but Cleland does not have a code for this game.

#14330 1 year ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Cleland helped out on the modded code,

#14331 1 year ago

I don't know of one, but it would be great to replace the annoying DP voice used now ...

#14332 1 year ago

You guys are crazy.

The code is fantastic.

#14333 1 year ago

Anyone had problems with the kitana sword lock post binding on itself?

We just added a second deadpool and in this new premium the post for the sword lock keeps binding in the nyliner ring in it’s bracket. It seems the nylon post is smaller than the plunger enough that it creates a shoulder on the post. That shoulder hangs up on the bracket thag keeps the post centered.

#14334 1 year ago

Common on late builds, try a thread search.

#14335 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

We just added a second deadpool and in this new premium the post for the sword lock keeps binding in the nyliner ring in it’s bracket. It seems the nylon post is smaller than the plunger enough that it creates a shoulder on the post. That shoulder hangs up on the bracket thag keeps the post centered.

I'm not sure this is the same issue, but those with trouble with the nylon post have had to center it a bit more through the playfield to avoid hang ups... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/272#post-7031452

#14336 1 year ago
Quoted from mostater:

I'm not sure this is the same issue, but those with trouble with the nylon post have had to center it a bit more through the playfield to avoid hang ups... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/272#post-7031452

No, this is the post snagging on the assembly itself - it will do it with the mech entirely removed from the PF. It's identical to what was posted in this post - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/285#post-7214645

I wonder if I take my calipers and measure the post on my pro vs my premium. Maybe a batch of parts is was not to spec.

Right now we cheated by just removing the nyliner... so the post is floppy. Not ideal, but it works. Something is manufactured wrong in the post.. either the nylon post or the plunger itself that it has such a lip around it.

#14337 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

No, this is the post snagging on the assembly itself - it will do it with the mech entirely removed from the PF. It's identical to what was posted in this post - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/285#post-7214645
I wonder if I take my calipers and measure the post on my pro vs my premium. Maybe a batch of parts is was not to spec.
Right now we cheated by just removing the nyliner... so the post is floppy. Not ideal, but it works. Something is manufactured wrong in the post.. either the nylon post or the plunger itself that it has such a lip around it.

I just had this happen for the first time the other day. I took it apart today and the transition between the post and the plunger had a flat/rough lip that got caught. I was able to make it catch easily when I had the mech out of the machine. I filed it to be a smooth transition and I can't get it to catch anymore. I've only played about 10 games since the fix but it hasn't happened again.
20221122_155332 (resized).jpg20221122_155332 (resized).jpg

#14338 1 year ago

I have an issue with the first D in Dead drop target. It only stays up maybe 20% of the time. The game attempts to reset it and it goes back down. All the other targets stay up. I looked at the target and it still has the piece that grips to hold it up. And if I reset it by hand it usually stays. It seems like the spring pushing it forward isn't pushing hard enough to get it to catch. Anyone have any insight on this issue before I take the whole thing apart? Thanks

#14339 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

I have an issue with the first D in Dead drop target. It only stays up maybe 20% of the time. The game attempts to reset it and it goes back down. All the other targets stay up. I looked at the target and it still has the piece that grips to hold it up. And if I reset it by hand it usually stays. It seems like the spring pushing it forward isn't pushing hard enough to get it to catch. Anyone have any insight on this issue before I take the whole thing apart? Thanks

It's not pushing it forward it's pushing it up.
I've has this more than once.
You can try bending the target forward. I take it out to do this and bend it a lot. It's tough plastic and won't break.

That can be a temp fix though.
On one set I gave up and put washers behind the plastic ledge the targets catch on and that seemed to solve it.

#14340 1 year ago

There’s a spring that provides forward pressure so it can catch the ledge

#14341 1 year ago

I think this is the only game I’ve played where the super skill shots are easier than the regular one.

#14342 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/285#post-7214775

#14343 1 year ago

PSA: about 6 months into ownership, my DP's bottom pop bumper was working intermittently: dead for a while, then fine, then dead, etc.

Turns out that 1 of the wires soldered to the spoon switch had a poor solder joint. The wire was on top of the solder blob instead of inside it--the end of the wire was magically loose & wiggly yet still attached to the switch tab.

A little solder addition/reflow, & it's back in business.

Thanks,
-Jason

#14344 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

I think this is the only game I’ve played where the super skill shots are easier than the regular one.

Wow, you are heaps better at it than me then. I find the regular to be easy, but the supers are maybe's.

DSCF1675[1] (resized).jpgDSCF1675[1] (resized).jpg

#14345 1 year ago

Anyone else think it would be cool if weapons, chimis and ninjas affected the battles.

Prior to diving into the rulesheet I assumed weapons increased your damage but seems only wolverine does that.

Wish weapons increased damage, chimichangas increased health/time, and ninjas I guess points.

Balance wise I'm sure theres an argument against, but I think it adds to an RPG element and makes your battle decision making more interesting.

Also accepting tips on your snikt shot strategy I can't lock down a solid one.

#14346 1 year ago

Those elements are already added with team ups.

#14347 1 year ago

Yeah the team ups already affect battles quite nicely. I think the amount of ninjas you have increases your jackpots in ninja multiball perhaps?

Weapons get you extra bonus, advance to mech suit MB and eventually permanent multipliers so they are used pretty well. Would be cool to have them affect the game in other ways though of course. I'd actually love to see just one more multiball for chimis (if you get to 15 its Taco Time!). Oh man that would just about make this game pure perfection. It's pretty much there as it is.

#14348 1 year ago
Quoted from EtherealLlama:

Anyone else think it would be cool if weapons, chimis and ninjas affected the battles.
Prior to diving into the rulesheet I assumed weapons increased your damage but seems only wolverine does that.
Wish weapons increased damage, chimichangas increased health/time, and ninjas I guess points.
Balance wise I'm sure theres an argument against, but I think it adds to an RPG element and makes your battle decision making more interesting.
Also accepting tips on your snikt shot strategy I can't lock down a solid one.

You need to lookup teamups.. because that's basically what they do and their purpose.

Weapons is just a cute name for combo shots basically. You shoot something, then another, then collect them at scoop. Enough wins awards.

Team-ups on the other hand are things to collect before starting a battle to modify the scoring, damage, time, points, and what shots to shoot.

The risk reward/strategy is deciding to take the battle now, or wait till you collect more teamups.. or deciding which battle based on which teamups you've managed to collect.

#14349 1 year ago

This is sold.

I have a brand new Deadpool pro translite signed by George Gomez for sale.

$125 plus shipping (U.S. only)

Pm me if interested.
4DFC090A-8E5C-49D7-9492-57E8F4C06E01 (resized).jpeg4DFC090A-8E5C-49D7-9492-57E8F4C06E01 (resized).jpeg

#14350 1 year ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Is there a modded code out there?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bryn Athyn, PA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
$ 64.99
$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

$ 25.95
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 287 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/287?hl=knackers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.