(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,265 posts
  • 1,090 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by BurntBiscuit
  • Topic is favorited by 555 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg
dp27 (resized).jpg
dp16 (resized).jpg
IMG_2260 (resized).jpg
IMG_2259 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,265 posts in this topic. You are on page 284 of 326.
#14151 1 year ago

J85M for President. Errrr, Prime Minister?

Installation was trivial. My premium already had a light under the apron.
Looks great--no more Insider Connect (for which I did not care).

Thanks,
-Jason

PXL_20221006_045847883 (resized).jpgPXL_20221006_045847883 (resized).jpgPXL_20221006_045853995 (resized).jpgPXL_20221006_045853995 (resized).jpg
#14152 1 year ago

Question on the autolaunch:

Mine has become weak. But selectively so.

The first few launches of a game go around, past the rollover lanes, to the left orbit.
But soon after, I'd say 5-10 launches later, the launch has weakened enough to where the ball usually gets juuust past the leftmost rollover lane & then reverses & trickles into the leftmost rollover.

And it's really the first several launches of a *game*, it's of a gaming session, when the machine is cold & has just been turned on & play has started.

I looked at the bracket. Only the right side was contacting the ball. I bent it slightly to that both tips of the bracket contact the ball.

That should help clean up the launch, but it doesn't explain the very rapid decline in launch power after very few autolaunches.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
-Jason

#14153 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

I was able to stop the resets from happening by disconnecting node 8 CN12. From there I tried disconnecting each CN12 switch/opto individually but still it would still reset when the ball got into the pops. I also tried unhooking all the optos, and also all the switches, and still had resets. Calling stern tomorrow I guess. Brought the game home from location to dig in deeper.

You are on the right track. Is there anything else that runs off that connector other than switches? Maybe there is a wire somewhere shorting?

#14154 1 year ago

Fyi
Received my DP Pro a few months ago

The playfield has to be the best ive seen

Best clearcoat and no dimple what so ever

ive bought over 15 new Stern and by far this playfield is immaculate

Looks like Stern have improved their playfields

#14155 1 year ago
Quoted from MrTilt:

Fyi
Received my DP Pro a few months ago
The playfield has to be the best ive seen
Best clearcoat and no dimple what so ever
ive bought over 15 new Stern and by far this playfield is immaculate
Looks like Stern have improved their playfields

I think the dimpling has much more to do with the luck of the draw with which sheet of plywood your playfield was printed on. Since it is a natural material, there is a lot of variation of the actual hardness. If you had a spare playfield and tested it, you would probably find that it varies quite a bit over the whole surface.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

I think it also helps that Deadpool is well designed in that there aren't a lot of dead on stand up targets that create air balls and ball hop.

#14156 1 year ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

J85M for President. Errrr, Prime Minister?
Installation was trivial. My premium already had a light under the apron.
Looks great--no more Insider Connect (for which I did not care).
Thanks,
-Jason
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you Jason, appreciate the shout out but just glad your happy mate.

Hopefully the mod I am currently working on for Deadpool will impress owners here.

#14157 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

I think it also helps that Deadpool is well designed in that there aren't a lot of dead on stand up targets that create air balls and ball hop.

Shoot for the SNIKT shot during mech suit when the ball is launched from the scoop. I’ve had the loudest ever glass hits on this machine. Plenty of dimples to prove I’ve played my game.

#14158 1 year ago
Quoted from newovad:

Shoot for the SNIKT shot during mech suit when the ball is launched from the scoop. I’ve had the loudest ever glass hits on this machine. Plenty of dimples to prove I’ve played my game.

Did you put a target stabilizer on the SNIKT target? I've never had that issue and I've nailed that shot many times.

#14159 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Did you put a target stabilizer on the SNIKT target? I've never had that issue and I've nailed that shot many times.

Have you seen that video from the Slow Mo Guys re pinball? Regardless of the noticeable airballs there are a lot of micro bounces that can happen in regular play.

The biggest airballs I tend to get are off of the posts on Lil Deadpool however I have Super Bands on these as they are extremely durable but they do have extra bounce.

#14160 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

I'm shooting for SNIKT and the scoop launches. The balls meet in the middle and who knows where the hell they end up. Nothing to do with target because the ball never makes it there.

#14161 1 year ago
Quoted from Smack:

Have you seen that video from the Slow Mo Guys re pinball? Regardless of the noticeable airballs there are a lot of micro bounces that can happen in regular play.

The biggest airballs I tend to get are off of the posts on Lil Deadpool however I have Super Bands on these as they are extremely durable but they do have extra bounce.

Oh sure, micro bounces are going to happen, but not glass slappers. Play AIQ and you will have some crazy air balls. Deadpool just doesn’t have a lot of those shots that generate a lot of air balls.

#14162 1 year ago
Quoted from newovad:

I'm shooting for SNIKT and the scoop launches. The balls meet in the middle and who knows where the hell they end up. Nothing to do with target because the ball never makes it there.

Ahh I wasn’t understanding that you were talking about ball to ball collision. When you said shooting for the SNIKT shot, I assumed you mean you were getting air balls off the target

#14163 1 year ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

You are on the right track. Is there anything else that runs off that connector other than switches? Maybe there is a wire somewhere shorting?

Found it, the opto between the bumper and the katana lane shot was being rubbed by the pop metal ring. Wire needs to be checked and pulled tight away from the ring under the playfield, I would call this an assembly problem.

I missed it in troubleshooting because I disconnected the katana ramp opto by mistake.

E71F5FE1-15E5-4536-B1A1-0030DF24A169 (resized).jpegE71F5FE1-15E5-4536-B1A1-0030DF24A169 (resized).jpeg

#14164 1 year ago

Nice find! Way better repair than a node board!

#14165 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Found it, the opto between the bumper and the katana lane shot was being rubbed by the pop metal ring. Wire needs to be checked and pulled tight away from the ring under the playfield, I would call this an assembly problem.
I missed it in troubleshooting because I disconnected the katana ramp opto by mistake.
[quoted image]

Quoted from DudeRegular:

Nice find! Way better repair than a node board!

Agree...awesome job tracking that issue down!

#14166 1 year ago

Does anyone have a spare metal plastic replacement for the left ramp plastic from maffewl laying around?

I sent him a PM a few days ago, but he hasn't bothered replying.

#14167 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Deadpool got a small code update today too (1.08) that adds new animations to the final battle. nice Stern!
PRO/PREMIUM/LE V1.08.0 - September 12, 2022
===============================
New:
- Added new animations to the end sequence of "MR. SINISTER: THE FINAL BATTLE".

Anyone else getting the LE download when you try to download the PREMIUM code update? ( https://sternpinball.com/support/game-code/ )

Or am I going nuts?

#14168 1 year ago

Same, same but different they'd say in Thai.

#14169 1 year ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Anyone else getting the LE download when you try to download the PREMIUM code update? ( https://sternpinball.com/support/game-code/ )
Or am I going nuts?

Premium owner here. The premium and LE updates will be the same. You are not going crazy.

#14170 1 year ago

Got my first ever reboot. Dp prem

Early in game
Lil deadpool was green so next shot hed capture the ball
Hit the scoop and started juggernaut mode
Ball eject so I immediately hit lil deadpool to lock my ball
Ball locked in lil deadpool behind the drops as expected
Game kicked out a second ball then kinda froze
Lcd went into reboot mode but i still had flipper control over the ball in play for a bit longer

Then playfield power and lights dropped and game fully reset coming into attract mode.

#14171 1 year ago

Pretty much the same thing happened to me also this weekend. Only difference was I started Sabretooth instead of Juggernaut otherwise same scenario.

#14172 1 year ago

Took me a minute to find this one.

PXL_20221010_180236424 (resized).jpgPXL_20221010_180236424 (resized).jpg
#14173 1 year ago
Quoted from splickety_lit:

[quoted image]

Hope he doesn't grow it back after you remove it!

#14174 1 year ago

[quoted image]

So many things that could be said for this moment. I'll go with...

"Makes you wonder what Logan does outside of work"?

#14175 1 year ago

For Sale/Trade:

1. Stern Factory DP Topper - NIB

2. Stern Factory DP Shooter Rod and Housing - New

Hoping to trade the topper (adding $50) for a factory Jurassic Park topper.

Shooter sold separately ($80 plus shipping).

PM with interest.

Thanks.

IMG_0613 (resized).jpgIMG_0613 (resized).jpg

IMG_0625 (resized).jpgIMG_0625 (resized).jpg
#14176 1 year ago

Prismatic Illusion Cherry on my Deadpool Pro. I also got the newer style side rails from Pinball Life. I finally got around to using the rivet kit I bought a while back. The pictures may not really show it, but it has metallic flake in it all over. Looks pretty nice.

PXL_20221013_021212302.jpgPXL_20221013_021212302.jpgPXL_20221013_021226845.jpgPXL_20221013_021226845.jpgPXL_20221013_021428444.jpgPXL_20221013_021428444.jpg

#14177 1 year ago

Trying this pic with full resolution to see if it shows the flake.

PXL_20221013_021748351.jpgPXL_20221013_021748351.jpg
#14178 1 year ago

Really nice colour mate. Well done!

#14179 1 year ago

[quoted image]

They

Quoted from DudeRegular:

Prismatic Illusion Cherry on my Deadpool Pro. I also got the newer style side rails from Pinball Life. I finally got around to using the rivet kit I bought a while back. The pictures may not really show it, but it has metallic flake in it all over. Looks pretty nice.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you get those rails at?

#14180 1 year ago

This machine needs to have an ending animation for when you complete Mister Sinister 3, it is very disappointing to complete the machine and automatically start from the beginning without seeing even if it seals a single ending animation or a small story at the end. It is a very cold ending and there is no incentive to do it again....a pity.....

#14181 1 year ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

This machine needs to have an ending animation for when you complete Mister Sinister 3, it is very disappointing to complete the machine and automatically start from the beginning without seeing even if it seals a single ending animation or a small story at the end. It is a very cold ending and there is no incentive to do it again....a pity.....

Latest 1.08 code added new animations I thought…

F6AF7E45-A485-4763-B3D5-FBC45C767A03 (resized).jpegF6AF7E45-A485-4763-B3D5-FBC45C767A03 (resized).jpeg
#14182 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

El último código 1.08 agregó nuevas animaciones, pensé ...[quoted image]

Ooooo fine!!!!

#14183 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Latest 1.08 code added new animations I thought…[quoted image]

Doubt I’ll ever see it but I agree with mannymasy that the ending should be something more than just a single animation.

But have a comic storyboard play out that’s only maybe a minute long but concludes the games story/modes to that point and shows what Deadpool is doing after the game, I’d eat something funny, would be a great goal to hit.

If the new update is something like that, awesome!

#14184 1 year ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Rails you say?

DSCF1533[1] (resized).jpgDSCF1533[1] (resized).jpg

#14185 1 year ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

I also got the newer style side rails from Pinball Life.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from HighProtein:

They

https://www.pinballlife.com/black-triangular-button-guard-side-rails-for-stern.html

#14186 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Latest 1.08 code added new animations I thought…[quoted image]

It's pretty lack lustre. I was expecting a bit more and sadly I didn't get my phone out in time to film it all. There is a short "Regenerate" animation « Spoiler! Click to reveal.of Deadpool getting hit on the head with a brick »and I am not sure if anything else was added to Mr Sinister's ending.

I can't seem to put a YouTube link inside a spoiler tag so if you don't wanna see it, don't play this video

#14187 1 year ago
Quoted from Smack:

It's pretty lack lustre. I was expecting a bit more and sadly I didn't get my phone out in time to film it all. There is a short "Regenerate" animation « Spoiler! Click to reveal.of Deadpool getting hit on the head with a brick »and I am not sure if anything else was added to Mr Sinister's ending.
I can't seem to put a YouTube link inside a spoiler tag so if you don't wanna see it, don't play this video

I had never noticed that, and I finally figured out why!

My left out lane roll over microswitch wasn't working. I haven't had a ball save on that out lane for a while.

#14188 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

My left out lane roll over microswitch wasn't working. I haven't had a ball save on that out lane for a while.

Hmmm now I think about it I don’t think I have ever had a ball save since I took my game out the box, will check this tomorrow.

#14189 1 year ago

What did you think the callout was about?

RegenerationIsLitPunkin

#14190 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Just to clarify, the video I posted is an animation specific to completing the game. I do not believe you see that when you get the Regenerate ball save out of the left outlane, but I could be wrong. However, I am confident that this animation did not exist prior to the latest code update.

#14191 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Dudo que alguna vez lo vea, pero estoy de acuerdo conmannymasy que el final debería ser algo más que una sola animación.
Pero tener un guión gráfico cómico que solo dure un minuto, pero que concluya la historia/los modos del juego hasta ese punto y muestre lo que Deadpool está haciendo después del juego, comería algo divertido, sería un gran objetivo.
Si la nueva actualización es algo así, ¡genial!

+1

#14192 1 year ago

There are a lot of cool mods for this game. I bought mine with a lot in place already including the Day One required quiet fan and real knocker. I did a "mod to a mod" by putting real 50 AE caliber bullets in place of the 3D printed ones. One mod that really stands out to me that I put in is the Pin Monk colorizing light brackets. I bought all three sets of brackets and it really makes a huge difference. Those plain white inserts just look so wrong they stand out like a sore thumb. Colorizing all of those inserts is a night and day improvement.

20221013_182953 (resized).jpg20221013_182953 (resized).jpg20221013_183104 (resized).jpg20221013_183104 (resized).jpg
#14193 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

Those plain white inserts just look so wrong they stand out like a sore thumb. Colorizing all of those inserts is a night and day improvement.

I was playing a DP on location last night and I have had my inserts coloured for so long now that I thought there was something wrong with the machine I was playing. "I am in Mystique why is the insert bright white?"

It is such a simple mod and makes a lot of difference. Not to dissuade anyone from PinMonk as that is a plug and play solution but you can also DIY this for super cheap with some gel filters used for stage lights and a little bit of tape to hold it to the underside of the playfield.

#14194 1 year ago

I've never once looked at the insert lights. Why would you?

Spose if you can't keep track in your head where you are up to in the 3 battles etc, but otherwise?

Not saying coloured lights aren't good, but in years and thousands of games i have never looked at them while playing.

#14195 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Spose if you can't keep track in your head where you are up to in the 3 battles etc, but otherwise?
Not saying coloured lights aren't good, but in years and thousands of games i have never looked at them while playing.

Why would I? The bosses are colour coded throughout the rest of the playfield, including their lit shots, so I think this mod ties in well and looks great. Is it necessary, nope. But after playing my DP for a while it really stood out when I happened to trap up in Mystique to pick my next shot during league last night.

#14196 1 year ago

duplicate

#14197 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

It's literally directly in your field of view. You can't not look at them and still play the game. Now whether you pay attention to them or not is a different story. Your eyes still still color vs lack of color.

#14198 1 year ago

I was attempting to modify some 3d templates for a cool cup holder. It's only first attempt and I need to rotate the logo, add the grenade pin, slightly alter the safety lever, and make the model slightly smaller. However it holds my beer and I think it turned out decent for first attempt.

PXL_20221017_125207797 (resized).jpgPXL_20221017_125207797 (resized).jpgPXL_20221017_130002414 (1) (resized).jpgPXL_20221017_130002414 (1) (resized).jpgPXL_20221017_130032894 (resized).jpgPXL_20221017_130032894 (resized).jpg
#14199 1 year ago

I posted this earlier, about the return lane guides not being flush with the flipper rubber,

I replaced with silicon after. I ended up un screwing the lane guides and pushing them closer to the front of the play field. That helped but the screws don’t sit fully in their T nut holes. I have seen this before on my trek Le. All the other spike 2 pros have metal return guides.

Anyone else seeing this ?

29759197-8FB5-4F17-A9EB-5E6E426770D3 (resized).jpeg29759197-8FB5-4F17-A9EB-5E6E426770D3 (resized).jpeg2C9DCACD-D51E-4343-A3A2-6AD94D8D38B2 (resized).jpeg2C9DCACD-D51E-4343-A3A2-6AD94D8D38B2 (resized).jpeg
#14200 1 year ago
Quoted from Boat:

I posted this earlier, about the return lane guides not being flush with the flipper rubber,
I replaced with silicon after. I ended up un screwing the lane guides and pushing them closer to the front of the play field. That helped but the screws don’t sit fully in their T nut holes. I have seen this before on my trek Le. All the other spike 2 pros have metal return guides.
Anyone else seeing this ?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Given the pitch and angle of the machine, you wouldn't want it to be flush. With the curve on the flipper the ball would bounce.. You want it to slightly drop onto the flipper to ensure it doesn't bounce on the curve. I don't have an issue with the way mine plays and it's identical to yours.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grovetown, GA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Belmont, MI
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Parsippany, NJ
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 64.99
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 16,265 posts in this topic. You are on page 284 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/284?hl=knackers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.