(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,262 posts
  • 1,090 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Esoteric_rt
  • Topic is favorited by 555 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg
dp27 (resized).jpg
dp16 (resized).jpg
IMG_2260 (resized).jpg
IMG_2259 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,262 posts in this topic. You are on page 283 of 326.
#14101 1 year ago

They always came in the goodie bag.

#14102 1 year ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

I have 2 rubbers on the plastic there, but there are two in the goodie bag as well. At least on recent IC build.

Agreed, same for me. Actually I had no idea the 2 rubbers on top of this was for the outlane posts. I thought it was for either visual style or to keep the balls from flying up there on wild shots.

#14103 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Running version 1.08 and had a reboot during lil Deadpool and collecting chimichangas. Anyone else have this happen?

Yeah I’ve had all sorts of random reboots, seems to coincide with the fan running on the power supply. Happens in attract mode as well as game play when a heap is going on. Sent a bug report to stern today

#14104 1 year ago

Stern could do with setting up bug reports over the IC network, game crashes then once it reports and rejoins the network, send over the crash report.

#14105 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Stern could do with setting up bug reports over the IC network, game crashes then once it reports and rejoins the network, send over the crash report.

You mean like when windows crashes and there is a button that says send report after it restarts, that would be too easy.

#14106 1 year ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

You mean like when windows crashes and there is a button that says send report after it restarts, that would be too easy.

Yeah that’s kind of thing, I have no idea how easy it would be to implement but sure seems like a streamline way to find and fix bugs efficiently.

#14107 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Running version 1.08 and had a reboot during lil Deadpool and collecting chimichangas. Anyone else have this happen?

Quoted from Shaneotilt:

Yeah I’ve had all sorts of random reboots, seems to coincide with the fan running on the power supply. Happens in attract mode as well as game play when a heap is going on. Sent a bug report to stern today

I would start with replacing the SD card. I don't have a ton of games on latest code yet, but do have over 5500 plays total on my Deadpool and have never had a reboot problem.

#14108 1 year ago
Quoted from livetowin:

Curious what you did here. Mine broke as well and the replacement switch from Marco doesn’t have a long enough arm to activate the switch and it’s supposed to be the replacement for the original. [quoted image][quoted image]

Sorry for the late response, I had made an order from Pinball Life for the replacement parts which were the correctly sized arms. Out of curiosity, will the smaller micro switch arms not work correctly? Now I'm worried I don't have enough switches.

#14109 1 year ago

Does anyone know if there are Deadpool ramp decals? If not, then does anyone have a good idea on how to make and submit ramp decals with user supplied images?

Also, has anyone else been having an unusual amount of balls getting magnetized by this game? I have a pro in a garage, but with lots of dehumidifying measures in place and I seem to go through balls fairly quickly due to this issue.

#14110 1 year ago
Quoted from Titokombo:

Does anyone know if there are Deadpool ramp decals? If not, then does anyone have a good idea on how to make and submit ramp decals with user supplied images?
Also, has anyone else been having an unusual amount of balls getting magnetized by this game? I have a pro in a garage, but with lots of dehumidifying measures in place and I seem to go through balls fairly quickly due to this issue.

Never

#14111 1 year ago

same never with this game and I have had a Pro and now Prem. TMNT on the other hand I had magnetization issues but switched to Titan standard pinballs and that resolved it.

#14112 1 year ago
Quoted from Titokombo:

There are no magnets on the playfield in Deadpool. Seems odd that the balls would get magnetized at all.

#14113 1 year ago
Quoted from Titokombo:

There are not ramp decals that I'm aware of for this PIN, but I think simply because there isn't much interest for this. The Katana Ramp in silver makes a very nice aesthetic and illusion that the ramps are part of the Katana Swords so it being shinny metallic looking words perfectly as a ramp. The Table art already has a lot going on, and very red and most of us want more light to brighten it up. Covering up the ramps might make it even darker, and make the entire playfield look like spaghetti. I think the metallic ramps break up the playfield evenly and look cool on it's own.

In regards to magnetized balls, I think you have other issues going on. As others stated this game doesn't have magnets so your balls might be getting magnetized by other means. Possibly static electricity issues because of the humidity, not sure? maybe it's not magnetism and something else interrupting the flow of your balls.

#14114 1 year ago

Going Disco Color Changers in the G.I. of one of my Deadpool Pros on location...

#14115 1 year ago
Quoted from Titokombo:

There should be no reason for the balls to get magnetized in Deadpool.

With that said - I have had great results using Ninja Balls even in heavily magnetized games such as Godzilla and Twilight Zone. I do change them out around every 500 or so games as they get scuffed and haven't had any magnetize yet.

#14116 1 year ago

I'm not technically an owner yet but I placed an order for a Pro today. Also, this will my first real pin in my house! SUPER EXCITED!!!

#14117 1 year ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Going Disco Color Changers in the G.I. of one of my Deadpool Pros on location...

I am experimenting with colour changing lighting for my disco ball mod I’m working on currently. Might make it programmable so the user can choose white or full RGB spectrum.

#14118 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

I am experimenting with colour changing lighting for my disco ball mod I’m working on currently. Might make it programmable so the user can choose white or full RGB spectrum.

Shut up and take my money!

#14119 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_H:

Shut up and take my money!

Thank you, hopefully what I’m working on is well received and liked by Deadpool owners, the aim is to substantially enhance the disco ball light show and give another area of the game a visual upgrade in the process. Will hopefully be happy enough to reveal soon.

#14120 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Thank you, hopefully what I’m working on is well received and liked by Deadpool owners, the aim is to substantially enhance the disco ball light show and give another area of the game a visual upgrade in the process. Will hopefully be happy enough to reveal soon.

Anything that accentuates the disco ball modes is gonna be amazing. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

#14121 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

I am happily onboard of improving the disco light ball. I agree adding more color and brighter Lights (or more focused light) on the disco ball is key.. can't wait to see what you come up with. I'll be watching.

#14122 1 year ago

I have been working with John and his Precision-Flip Flippers for a while now and recently he sent me one of every color so I could take some pictures. Overall I'm definitely on TEAM HALOGRAPHIC-PRO as those look incredible and play extremely well. I also highly suggest the metal bushings as well. Lastly the art on this game is incredible. Enjoy!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1341-precision-pinball-prod/06654-precision-flip-flipper-system

IMG_2371 (resized).jpegIMG_2371 (resized).jpegIMG_2372 (resized).jpegIMG_2372 (resized).jpegIMG_2373 (resized).jpegIMG_2373 (resized).jpegIMG_2374 (resized).jpegIMG_2374 (resized).jpegIMG_2375 (resized).jpegIMG_2375 (resized).jpegIMG_2376 (resized).jpegIMG_2376 (resized).jpegIMG_2379 (resized).jpegIMG_2379 (resized).jpeg
#14123 1 year ago
Quoted from joelbob:

I have been working with John and his Precision-Flip Flippers for a while now and recently he sent me one of every color so I could take some pictures. Overall I'm definitely on TEAM HALOGRAPHIC-PRO as those look incredible and play extremely well. I also highly suggest the metal bushings as well. Lastly the art on this game is incredible. Enjoy!
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1341-precision-pinball-prod/06654-precision-flip-flipper-system[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for posting this, I had thought about ordering different bats to see what they look like. I’ve had these in my cart and taken them out a few times because: 1) I’m confused about how game specific the bushings are and I wanted to order a couple sets of three flippers (since there is no option for four) and divide between games with four and two flippers. 2) was hoping the holographic-pros would eventually be an option in a kit or that the kits would be sold without bats so the ordering was easier when your game has different sized bats like IMDN.

#14124 1 year ago

I don't know if I ever posted this, how I mounted a full sized Dazzler figure.
I did Domino as well I'll video later...

#14125 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

Thanks for posting this, I had thought about ordering different bats to see what they look like. I’ve had these in my cart and taken them out a few times because: 1) I’m confused about how game specific the bushings are and I wanted to order a couple sets of three flippers (since there is no option for four) and divide between games with four and two flippers. 2) was hoping the holographic-pros would eventually be an option in a kit or that the kits would be sold without bats so the ordering was easier when your game has different sized bats like IMDN.

Give John a PM, he's very responsive and he'll put a kit together for you or at least tell you what to click.

Have to say, i thought the gold would be the standout, but the red look ace.

#14126 1 year ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

Sorry for the long video, but I figured I would shoot a short video of my Deadpool's setup to see if it helps you solve your SDTM woes. The video ended up longer that I wanted and I didn't want to reshoot it. My DP Pro is an April 2022 build. I have the left to right axis just leaning just a tiny fraction down on the left side. If you look at the circular level it is so close to center I question if it is just dead on some days, the sprit level it too hard to get an accurate left to right reading on the slanted playfield. Additionally my PF angle is at 6.96 at the flippers. I intended to tweak it to get it to 7.0 but it played so well I figured it was good enough. I also put a thick post sleeve on the post next to the pop bumper behind Lil' Deadpool, I did this mainly because I would get an occasional ball trapped there. Most if what my set up tweaking was to alleviate the one in twenty games where I would get a ball stuck there. The tweaking of my angle, level, and the post sleeve seemed to have a positive effect on my setup in general...no more unwarranted SDTM drains and no ball traps. At the end of the video is a direct overview of the entrance guiderail to the right of Lil' DP so you can determine if your rail needs some adjusting. Sorry for the sound mix, I accidently hit the start button and just rolled with it.
Lb
[quoted image]

Thanks for the video! I think I might need to get thicker post sleeves to keep the ball from rolling down there.

#14127 1 year ago

Made this shooter rod for my Godzilla but everyone agrees you guys would like it more.

6D603DB7-3AF2-4871-A7F7-28D893714033.jpeg6D603DB7-3AF2-4871-A7F7-28D893714033.jpeg
#14128 1 year ago

Hip breaker.

Welcome to your bruises.

#14129 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Hip breaker.
Welcome to your bruises.

You’d be lucky if it’s just your hip

#14130 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

We tend to walk past a row sideways, i get complaints if i don't put IJPA on the end of a row in a corner.

Fuckin' gun just bit me.

#14131 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

We tend to walk past a row sideways, i get complaints if i don't put IJPA on the end of a row in a corner.
Fuckin' gun just bit me.

8160B17A-8DD5-4119-BC85-6749C7FA0F9C.gif8160B17A-8DD5-4119-BC85-6749C7FA0F9C.gif
#14132 1 year ago

I’m aware of the hip smashing , luckily it’s going against a right wall so nobody ever walking into it. You guys just puttin machines in the middle of the room damn.

#14133 1 year ago
Quoted from ruzeo:

Made this shooter rod for my Godzilla but everyone agrees you guys would like it more.
[quoted image]

This is pretty sweet, r u selling them? Didn’t Stern make something similar for TMNT?

#14134 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

What's the capital of Thailand?

American_Pie_Capital_of_Thailand.gifAmerican_Pie_Capital_of_Thailand.gif
#14135 1 year ago
Quoted from northerndude:

What's the capital of Thailand?[quoted image]

4E0F4B3C-E4C8-48D9-80D7-8D7463155FC0.gif4E0F4B3C-E4C8-48D9-80D7-8D7463155FC0.gif
#14136 1 year ago

The switch under my hell house snapped off. Is it even worth contacting my distributor for a replacement or just order it myself?

B8EEDDA1-CF8A-4A27-84BE-303AACD6EE1A (resized).jpegB8EEDDA1-CF8A-4A27-84BE-303AACD6EE1A (resized).jpeg
#14137 1 year ago
Quoted from drwicket:

The switch under my hell house snapped off. Is it even worth contacting my distributor for a replacement or just order it myself?
[quoted image]

Order 1 and a couple more for spares.

ive had a couple break on mine.

#14138 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Order 1 and a couple more for spares.
ive had a couple break on mine.

Same. This seems to be a frequent issue on these. I had to replace mine. I'm temped to glob some hot glue on those contacts to help support them going forward.

#14139 1 year ago

I had this happen several times. Finally turned down the eject power and hasn’t happened again

#14140 1 year ago

Pro owner, I am having bad ball hop during the transition between the return guide and flipper. I already tried adjusting the guides to no avail.

Anyone look into getting metal return guides or have another suggestion?

Something like Cliffies product ?

Or maybe I re order some new plastic red ones?

https://www.passionforpinball.com/FlipFrames.htm

#14141 1 year ago
Quoted from Boat:

Pro owner, I am having bad ball hop during the transition between the return guide and flipper. I already tried adjusting the guides to no avail.
Anyone look into getting metal return guides or have another suggestion?
Something like Cliffies product ?
Or maybe I re order some new plastic red ones?
https://www.passionforpinball.com/FlipFrames.htm

What are you using for flipper rubbers? The thickness might be causing an issue

#14142 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

What are you using for flipper rubbers? The thickness might be causing an issue

It’s just factory I’m pretty sure. I can switch to titans but not sure if that will make a big difference

#14143 1 year ago

Should switch to titans anyway. They play better and your game will stay clean for longer.

#14144 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Same. This seems to be a frequent issue on these. I had to replace mine. I'm temped to glob some hot glue on those contacts to help support them going forward.

Any chance anyone has the part number handy?

#14146 1 year ago

Hey gang, I'm having a node board reset problem........ball dropping into pops and then rapid pop firing is causing entire lower playfield to go dark and flippers die for a second and they come right back up, no full resets or anything like that. Roughly 1K plays, and it's been fine until now. I swapped node 8 & 9 and changed the jumper settings, reseated everything, and the problem persists which suggests an electrical short not a board issue I think. No visually loose connections or broken wires. My next step is to individually disconnect each node 8 CNx one by one and try to isolate the short, any other suggestions, or anyone had this issue? Appreciate any insight from the hive, thanks in advance!

#14147 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Hey gang, I'm having a node board reset problem........ball dropping into pops and then rapid pop firing is causing entire lower playfield to go dark and flippers die for a second and they come right back up, no full resets or anything like that. Roughly 1K plays, and it's been fine until now. I swapped node 8 & 9 and changed the jumper settings, reseated everything, and the problem persists which suggests an electrical short not a board issue I think. No visually loose connections or broken wires. My next step is to individually disconnect each node 8 CNx one by one and try to isolate the short, any other suggestions, or anyone had this issue? Appreciate any insight from the hive, thanks in advance!

If you swapped node boards and the problem area stayed in the same spot, then yes, I would say you are on the right path. It could be a current overload situation if you notice it during lots of coil firing.

#14148 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

This is fairly common and is often due to 1. something having fallen into a lamp socket, which is causing a short when vibrated just right or 2. a bad bulb. For me, the solution was to install Comet's GI upgrade kit, which swaps out all of the GI bulbs. I've seen people have the same issue in other games with red GI bulbs, which makes me think that Stern got a bad batch of red bulbs. Bonus, if you install this you get rid of that horrible red GI that doesn't, you know, illuminate anything.

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/deadpool-general-illumination-upgrade-kit?variant=12493737132076

#14149 1 year ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

This is fairly common and is often due to 1. something having fallen into a lamp socket, which is causing a short when vibrated just right or 2. a bad bulb. For me, the solution was to install Comet's GI upgrade kit, which swaps out all of the GI bulbs. I've seen people have the same issue in other games with red GI bulbs, which makes me think that Stern got a bad batch of red bulbs. Bonus, if you install this you get rid of that horrible red GI that doesn't, you know, illuminate anything.
https://www.cometpinball.com/products/deadpool-general-illumination-upgrade-kit?variant=12493737132076

All the GI bulbs run through 8/cn15 and disconnecting that didn’t solve issue. Neither did disconnecting 8a/b/c…..I’m on location now troubleshooting it’s a strange one

#14150 1 year ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

If you swapped node boards and the problem area stayed in the same spot, then yes, I would say you are on the right path. It could be a current overload situation if you notice it during lots of coil firing.

I was able to stop the resets from happening by disconnecting node 8 CN12. From there I tried disconnecting each CN12 switch/opto individually but still it would still reset when the ball got into the pops. I also tried unhooking all the optos, and also all the switches, and still had resets. Calling stern tomorrow I guess. Brought the game home from location to dig in deeper.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grovetown, GA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 25.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 16,262 posts in this topic. You are on page 283 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/283 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.