(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,295 posts
  • 1,092 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 hours ago by Magicman
  • Topic is favorited by 557 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240422_042849~2 (resized).jpg
20240420_214553 (resized).jpg
20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 280 of 326.
#13951 1 year ago
Quoted from Faust:

Hi all,
I’ve been working on the Alien apron the last year with a few other guys (thread here
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-apron-amp-lighting-mod
It is a fully game interactive apron.
Now since I have a Deadpool I am thinking this game could use a nicely lighted apron with enhanced disco mode/interactive lighting!!
I have some ideas already but I’d like to get some feedback from owners. If you have ideas post them or PM me to not derail the thread too much.
If there is enough interest I will start a separate topic for this for development

The disco mode is such a great concept/idea lighting-wise, but it's implemented in a slightly disappointing way in the game. First time I started disco loops on my premium I hardly noticed the disco ball effects. Someone else in here has already mentioned modding the ball/lights which would be awesome, but a custom apron for DP would be amazing too!

#13952 1 year ago
Quoted from Faust:

Hi all,
I’ve been working on the Alien apron the last year with a few other guys (thread here
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-apron-amp-lighting-mod
Now since I have a Deadpool I am thinking this game could use a nicely lighted apron with enhanced disco mode/interactive lighting!!
I have some ideas already but I’d like to get some feedback from owners. If you have ideas post them or PM me to not derail the thread too much.
If there is enough interest I will start a separate topic for this for development

Im interested!

#13953 1 year ago
Quoted from Faust:

Hi all,

I’m working on a disco ball and lighting upgrade but specifically for the prem/le disco ball modes.

Even so I would love a kick ass apron for Deadpool, flipper lighting like on the newer Sterns would be a massive plus and something that maybe incorporates the IC scanner in the artwork/design.

Those are the two things I’d like as well as a cool apron design.

#13954 1 year ago
Quoted from Faust:

Hi all,

Count me in.

#13955 1 year ago

OK lot's of positivefeedback, thanks.
I was thinking of using something like the moving stage lights as they are in Guns 'n Roses, plus using the front of the apron to have an RGB led (similar as in Alien).
During different modes, the LED has different lighting effects and during normal mode adds extra GI lighting.

Now I'd like to get some ideas on what you all would like to see on the apron itself.
Of course, I can do a lighted DEADPOOL logo similar to ALIEN, but there's probably something better to do.

For the apron any Insider connected users will need to move their QR reader to the coin door (in my opinion). It takes space that I can probably use for something else.

#13956 1 year ago

Apron plastics just posted will pm everyone individually tonight.

Anyone else interested if you can let me know before Friday this week as I am away from Friday night to the following Friday so it maybe difficult to get stuff posted.

#13957 1 year ago

Deadpool is the 1-15 September leaderboard game. I didn't notice, but now I will have to get some scores submitted. Anyone else in on that?

#13958 1 year ago

My DP Pro on route is approaching 45,000 plays.

The coil sleeve & shaft on the drop target reset go a little dirty
and was having reset problems, cleaned now fine.

#13959 1 year ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

My DP Pro on route is approaching 45,000 plays.

Wow, that's a lot. What's your machine with the most plays?

#13960 1 year ago
Quoted from Faust:

OK lot's of positivefeedback, thanks.
I was thinking of using something like the moving stage lights as they are in Guns 'n Roses, plus using the front of the apron to have an RGB led (similar as in Alien).
During different modes, the LED has different lighting effects and during normal mode adds extra GI lighting.
Now I'd like to get some ideas on what you all would like to see on the apron itself.
Of course, I can do a lighted DEADPOOL logo similar to ALIEN, but there's probably something better to do.
For the apron any Insider connected users will need to move their QR reader to the coin door (in my opinion). It takes space that I can probably use for something else.

Do you want to start a new thread for this?

#13961 1 year ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Deadpool is the 1-15 September leaderboard game. I didn't notice, but now I will have to get some scores submitted. Anyone else in on that?

Yeah, I'm currently 11th on the Worldwide leaderboard... hoping to improve on it. I came in second on the AIQ leaderboard!

#13962 1 year ago

Anyone know when this final/last 2023 run is happening? I know the last summer run was supposed to be "last" but my dealer and a few others (I checked) had reservations for a "2023 run". I snagged the last one that I'm aware of near me, but trying to get an idea on when this might run.

#13963 1 year ago

I'm hoping someone will save me reading through 280 pages of posts and just let me know, why are there plastic assemblies in my goodie bag that came with my DP Premium? I understand the cassette tape but I'm stumped on the 3 plastics. Are they optional items, or something they chose not to factory install and we are supposed to?

#13964 1 year ago

You can search the thread rather than trawl through the posts. It's certainly been spoken of.

#13965 1 year ago
Quoted from viper001:

I'm hoping someone will save me reading through 280 pages of posts and just let me know, why are there plastic assemblies in my goodie bag that came with my DP Premium? I understand the cassette tape but I'm stumped on the 3 plastics. Are they optional items, or something they chose not to factory install and we are supposed to?

Pro plastics, your choice to add them if you want.

#13966 1 year ago

Is Deadpool on a last call? I thought it was GOTG, LED Zep and TMNT on last call/runs now.

#13967 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Yeah, I'm currently 11th on the Worldwide leaderboard... hoping to improve on it. I came in second on the AIQ leaderboard!

Is there any way to participate from a machine at home if you have insider connect hardware?

#13968 1 year ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Is there any way to participate from a machine at home if you have insider connect hardware?

Pretty sure only "verified" machines on Insider Connected Pro accounts qualify for the monthly leaderboard and other contests. So short answer, no you cannot.

#13969 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Is Deadpool on a last call? I thought it was GOTG, LED Zep and TMNT on last call/runs now.

I have heard nothing about a last call for Deadpool. It is a 2018 machine so history would tell us runs usually end by this time however if it is still selling and they are able to keep the license, why stop. Given it doesn't have any movie assets I am assuming it is easier to re-up this if needed but that is pure speculation.

#13970 1 year ago
Quoted from Smack:

I have heard nothing about a last call for Deadpool. It is a 2018 machine so history would tell us runs usually end by this time however if it is still selling and they are able to keep the license, why stop. Given it doesn't have any movie assets I am assuming it is easier to re-up this if needed but that is pure speculation.

I was asking because a couple people above mentioned last run. GOTG has obviously been a sales monster for stern, TMNT and LZ not so much as they are ending those after not long.

#13971 1 year ago
Quoted from Smack:

Pretty sure only "verified" machines on Insider Connected Pro accounts qualify for the monthly leaderboard and other contests. So short answer, no you cannot.

Yet... Stern keeps saying "stay tuned" whenever anyone asks about at home leaderboards or other competitive stuff. I think they're working on a way to do it.

#13972 1 year ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Quoted from Smack:

Yes - if you have IC and are signed in for your game - it will automatically count towards the "Worldwide" Leaderboard.

Stern also has a "Verified" separate leaderboard for machines on location... also need to be signed in to IC.

#13973 1 year ago

Take a look at these beauties!

These HALOGRAPHIC PRO's from Precision Pinball Products 1956PINHEAD are the Coolest things ever!!!

IMG_3207 (resized).JPGIMG_3207 (resized).JPGIMG_3202 (resized).JPGIMG_3202 (resized).JPG
#13974 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Yes - if you have IC and are signed in for your game - it will automatically count towards the "Worldwide" Leaderboard.
Stern also has a "Verified" separate leaderboard for machines on location... also need to be signed in to IC.

Is there a link? Google didn’t find it.

#13975 1 year ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

Is there a link? Google didn’t find it.

Once you sign into your IC account - click on "Stern Events" and then and then you'll see the leaderboards link.

On mobile - the Stern Events link is usually on the top right.

Stern IC Deadpool Leaderboard Link (resized).jpgStern IC Deadpool Leaderboard Link (resized).jpg
#13976 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Once you sign into your IC account - click on "Stern Events" and then and then you'll see the leaderboards link.
On mobile - the Stern Events link is usually on the top right.[quoted image]

Thanks! I found it. Top 20 at home for my game Last week. Sweet!

#13977 1 year ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

Thanks! I found it. Top 20 at home for my game Last week. Sweet!

Nice!

#13978 1 year ago
#13979 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Take a look at these beauties!
These HALOGRAPHIC PRO's from Precision Pinball Products 1956PINHEAD are the Coolest things ever!!! [quoted image][quoted image]

Those look really good. I have some solids coming for my SW and already have them on my GnR.

How does it flip? I've already turned the power down on my DP Premium with the coil fans on, so I'm guessing a further reduction in power with these installed ?

Love the fact that the art is exposed. The more Zombie Yeti, the better!

#13980 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Those look really good. I have some solids coming for my SW and already have them on my GnR.
How does it flip? I've already turned the power down on my DP Premium with the coil fans on, so I'm guessing a further reduction in power with these installed ?
Love the fact that the art is exposed. The more Zombie Yeti, the better!

I see you responded in the other thread, but I'll post here as well for others that may not be in the other thread.

After installing the HALOGRAPHIC PRO's in Deadpool I immediately turned the flipper's down from factory 255 to 245 power setting... these things are snappy and powerful! May go a little lower even. have to give it a few more plays and see where I settle at.
Scored 1.4B in my test game to make sure everything was tight and not moving. That's a good sign as the timing and touch felt good. See if I can improve on my standing on the Stern IC Leaderboard. I have a ways to go yet...

#13981 1 year ago

Okay, I am close. 1.9B GC, two...maybe three shots away from the final Wizard Mode. I have this machine dialed in and understand nudge and nuance for almost every shot and brick. But for the love of all that is holy, at least one ball per game comes out of that scoop so oddly that no matter how I nudge, slap, scream, cry, or beg....it drains. What gives!?!? Is it a bad ball in the batch, maybe? Does anyone have a foolproof method of controlling the ball out of the scoop? Thank you, in advance, for any and all advice.

#13982 1 year ago
Quoted from Jobuko:

Okay, I am close. 1.9B GC, two...maybe three shots away from the final Wizard Mode. I have this machine dialed in and understand nudge and nuance for almost every shot and brick. But for the love of all that is holy, at least one ball per game comes out of that scoop so oddly that no matter how I nudge, slap, scream, cry, or beg....it drains. What gives!?!? Is it a bad ball in the batch, maybe? Does anyone have a foolproof method of controlling the ball out of the scoop? Thank you, in advance, for any and all advice.

I dialed my scoop power down and it always seems to hit mid right flipper and is very controllable. The DP on route (I play at least once a week) hits mid right sling and it drives me crazy how out of control it plays, yet I still play it for the challenge.

#13983 1 year ago
Quoted from Jobuko:

My scoop always consistently goes to the right flipper. I haven’t adjusted it at all and haven’t added any protectors or anything. I either drop catch it if I want to shoot the left orbit usually, or let it dead bounce to the left flipper which is usually controlled, but once in awhile will bounce up to the left sling. Pitch is 7.0.

#13984 1 year ago
Quoted from Jobuko:

I used to get the occasional SDTM out of the scoop and think I found what was happening.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/191#post-6295271
No real idea if it's the culprit, but place the ball in that corner a few times and see how random the eject gets.

I kinda just instinctively give a small nudge when I hit the scoop now to help ensure that the ball is settling in on the circular part of the scoop. Hasn't really been an issue since.

#13985 1 year ago

Thank you for the responses, suggestions, and helpful info. After turning down the Hellhouse eject power, my Roommates and I agree controlling out of the scoop is much easier. Nudging for a consistent settle while in the scoop will be a long term strategy to add to my arsenal. Appreciate the time and attention from all.

#13986 1 year ago
Quoted from Jobuko:

Thank you for the responses, suggestions, and helpful info. After turning down the Hellhouse eject power, my Roommates and I agree controlling out of the scoop is much easier. Nudging for a consistent settle while in the scoop will be a long term strategy to add to my arsenal. Appreciate the time and attention from all.

Instead of nudging to get the ball to sit in the scoop properly do you think you might be able to adjust how that mech is sitting? Seems like something that just shouldn't happen. If the ball makes it into the scoop it should sit in pretty much the same spot every time. I get very little variability from my scoop ejects.

#13987 1 year ago
Quoted from Smack:

Instead of nudging to get the ball to sit in the scoop properly do you think you might be able to adjust how that mech is sitting? Seems like something that just shouldn't happen. If the ball makes it into the scoop it should sit in pretty much the same spot every time. I get very little variability from my scoop ejects.

I believe my scoop settles correctly and my problem was with the eject power. It always hits right flipper. Keeping scoop settling variability in my back pocket could help in a tournament setting, though.

#13988 1 year ago

I picked up a beautifully modded Premium with May 2022 build date. The game plays sweet and has the nicest playfield clearcoat that I have gotten on any Stern to date. With just a little tweaking I have the snikt target to where a clean shot makes the ramp literally every time. The katana ramp is like butter with no tweaking at all. The only thing that frustrates me is the Colossus mini loop shot. It seems to clunk a lot and very rarely makes the shot clean enough to hit the jackpot target. Looking at the shot guide rails it doesn't look like there is a lot to adjust there and I couldn't find anything specific in this thread. Is this just a clunky shot or is there some way to tweak this for smoother flow? Thanks.

#13989 1 year ago

The game itself is totally amazing - but in all fairness that Colossus shot is clunk city and hitting the jackpot (for me anyway) really is just down to luck. On the positive side - it doesn't seem essential to advancing the game that much and you don't have to rely on it.

#13990 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

Is this just a clunky shot or is there some way to tweak this for smoother flow?

I can't remember where, and I'm paraphrasing, but George mentioned in an interview or podcast that the Colossus shot is like a "bonus" shot. That there was just enough room under that ramp to sneak in another shot, and that it's going to be pretty clunky.

I think that's why the only mode that depends on it is the Sauron jackpot, which doesn't prevent progressing in the game if you can't hit it.

#13991 1 year ago
Quoted from splickety_lit:

I can't remember where, and I'm paraphrasing, but George mentioned in an interview or podcast that the Colossus shot is like a "bonus" shot. That there was just enough room under that ramp to sneak in another shot, and that it's going to be pretty clunky.
I think that's why the only mode that depends on it is the Sauron jackpot, which doesn't prevent progressing in the game if you can't hit it.

I remember the same quote from George, think he may have even mentioned it was something Keith helped with? Keith helped on a few of the shots in Deadpool.

#13992 1 year ago
Quoted from splickety_lit:

Yep, it was also in reference to the blue rubber nubs. Without those, the shot wouldn't exist he said due to the lane width.

#13993 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

The only thing that frustrates me is the Colossus mini loop shot. It seems to clunk a lot and very rarely makes the shot clean enough to hit the jackpot target. Looking at the shot guide rails it doesn't look like there is a lot to adjust there and I couldn't find anything specific in this thread. Is this just a clunky shot or is there some way to tweak this for smoother flow? Thanks.

Waxing can help, but the shot has a very small "sweet spot" where you can rip it all the way around and hit the target. It's a difficult, but fun shot and can lead to some big scores!

IMG_1219 (resized).JPGIMG_1219 (resized).JPG
#13994 1 year ago

We have it in our Deadpool pingolf as a round. It's not that hard to hit if you are aiming for it. Jackpot excepted.

#13995 1 year ago

Need help with a consistently frustrating drain. Whenever a ball exits the pops and rolls down the katana lock lane, it goes straight down the middle. The only way to save it is to shift the entire machine. I feel like the ball wasn't meant to do that. I'm at 7 for my slope. Is this a slope or leveling issue, or just a normal pitfall? I feel like almost every game I have this happen and I needlessly lose a ball.

#13996 1 year ago

Bend the rail a tiny touch.

#13997 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Bend the rail a tiny touch.

Thanks, I'll try that!

#13998 1 year ago
Quoted from UCFKnight71:

Whenever a ball exits the pops and rolls down the katana lock lane, it goes straight down the middle.

I've played three different DPs, they've all done that to some degree.

#13999 1 year ago

Mine don't.

#14000 1 year ago

All apron plastics have shipped as of today, I will of course pm everyone individually to confirm, work has simply been non stop since Queen Liz passed away.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 64.99
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rochester, NH
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 280 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/280 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.