(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,265 posts
  • 1,090 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by BurntBiscuit
  • Topic is favorited by 555 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg
dp27 (resized).jpg
dp16 (resized).jpg
IMG_2260 (resized).jpg
IMG_2259 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,265 posts in this topic. You are on page 278 of 326.
#13851 1 year ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#13852 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

whos selling a laser to bounce off of my Mirror Ball.I know wishful thinkingStar trek green would be cool.

That is a great idea. The effect would definitely be cooler. Even taking the same small spot light that is mounted on the right near the blade would be a good one to use.

#13853 1 year ago

So I updated to the new code and now need 30 weapons for an extra ball. How long do I need to play terribly to get that back to 10???

#13854 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Comet make a 4 spot kit for DP, get the optional trough light at the same time. They are cheap.

Found the lights. Thanks.

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/spotlight-kit?variant=29411773317222

#13855 1 year ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

So I updated to the new code and now need 30 weapons for an extra ball. How long do I need to play terribly to get that back to 10???

You can set it manually in the adjustments but just give it some time to come back down if you have a bad game don’t worry about score and just focus one thing you want to do. Maybe making just katana ramp shots or maybe just how many times in a row you can make a left ramp. That’s what I tell myself at least but usually end up not doing that and getting mad haha

#13856 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Rubbish. Complete fucking rubbish.
Put a protector on if you want, but don't tell me my machine, with more plays than your imagined limit has raised inserts and chipping. It's not a JJP.

Dunno about apron spots as mine is an earlier build, but i have the comet trough light kit which does about the same thing. You'll see i took out the 2 bottom spots as i was under the same impression as earlier posters and thought two was enough.
[quoted image]

Thanks for the hookup on the trough LED. Im going to get it and a spot light from Comet Pinball.

#13857 1 year ago

Dumb question maybe. Sometimes the little dead pool targets do not drop! Even when hit really hard. Is this part of the code?

#13858 1 year ago
Quoted from Av8:

Dumb question maybe. Sometimes the little dead pool targets do not drop! Even when hit really hard. Is this part of the code?

Look at the pinned posts, if it’s a recent build the drops/playfield geometry are off

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/274#post-7051018

#13859 1 year ago

#13860 1 year ago
Quoted from Av8:

Quoted from Shaneotilt:

Look at the pinned posts, if it’s a recent build the drops/playfield geometry are off
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/274#post-7051018

It is also part of the code to have the drops not drop... like at times during 'Lil Deadpool multiball.

#13861 1 year ago
Quoted from Shaneotilt:

Maybe I'm the exception, but I put up a post with efforts of washers and springs, and found just changing the springs with a bit more tension gets those suckers to fall every single time. I've been extremely happy with the results. The washers dropped the targets a bit and a slower ball would park on the target tops.

#13862 1 year ago

Backlit door mod I made up.

4096f4ad-73e1-44d5-b740-9022e37c4cf7orca-image- (resized).jpeg4096f4ad-73e1-44d5-b740-9022e37c4cf7orca-image- (resized).jpegorca-image--640255178 (resized).jpegorca-image--640255178 (resized).jpeg
#13863 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

It is also part of the code to have the drops not drop... like at times during 'Lil Deadpool multiball.

Well, to be specific the code allows them to drop (they should ALWAYS drop) and then pop back up again. Nothing should be holding them stationary.

#13864 1 year ago
Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

Hello Pinsiders, I don't know if someone wants to make a sticky out of this post but I've uncovered a big problem with my Little Deadpool targets. Thank you to many that posted on here and responded to my texts I take no credit in finding out the problem but I do want to take credit for resolving it with a solution that I had not seen posted.
The issue is that the Drop-down targets on Little Deadpool are sometimes screwed in the playfield wood too far back (away from the player) I'm talking about 2 millimeters difference that can cause this. When they are screwed in this way, (Mine was and was recently built in May) when you land hard direct shots on them the targets flex back but not back enough and with the momentum cause the targets to bounce off the wooden playfield on their back and go back forward unfortunately not allowing them to properly un-latch.
I saw some posts on this forum suggesting I drill new holes into the playfield and I just didn't feel comfortable doing that so I looked at the mech and came up with an even better plan.
I used a Dremel with a Tungsten bit and simply elongated the 4 holes on the drop target metal where it attaches to the playfield Pic shown below. This allows the mech device to be moved about 2mm forward, toward the player; now giving more space behind the drop down target and when hit will successfully drop down. Here are a few pictures of my fix as well as before and after videos of the problem occurring and then resolved.
[quoted image]
The Yellow line in my pics show where the Mech used to lie. Notice it's moved up (towards the player) about 1.5-2mm.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
P.S. (Please take full precaution Dremeling out this metal plate, This was not that easy and I did it very slowly. Even used a polish bit when it bounced around too much for my comfort. I think if I had a machine shop I'd simply use a metal drill bit and a vice to make it easier and safer)
Here is a video of the issue at hand 3 Different shots moments apart.
Before Fix Shot 1
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bpb1ask6g90gqkl/DP%20Shot%201.mp4?dl=0
Before Fix Shot 2
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2lmtb2n903q4fgp/DP%20Shot%202.mp4?dl=0
Before Fix Shot 3
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kx97vozpflys3zt/DP%20Shot%203.mp4?dl=0
Here is a video of the Drop Target now fixed, notice that there is now wiggle room behind it.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/pZPrG2nAUwhFs97T8
Here is videos of the drop targets now fixed. The same power level on the flippers and direct hard hits.
After Fix Shot 1
https://photos.app.goo.gl/SoL3sbiDFiwwSbHR7
After Fix Shot 2
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3U8KWxXUcDxjfU818
As you can tell I've documented this experience very detailed in hopes that others can learn what I've learned and I wanted to give back to this great community that always seems to give a helping hand.
Thanks for reading sorry for typos.
TL;DR - Some Deadpool machines have the little deadpool drop targets too far back causing them not to drop and this provides and alternative fix instead of drilling into the playfield.

Great write up. Mine is doing this occasionally too. A fast direct hit does not drop the target! Frustrating. April 2022 build. I thought it was the code.

#13865 1 year ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

Maybe I'm the exception, but I put up a post with efforts of washers and springs, and found just changing the springs with a bit more tension gets those suckers to fall every single time. I've been extremely happy with the results. The washers dropped the targets a bit and a slower ball would park on the target tops.

What has Stern tech support suggested? Stronger drop springs might help. I'll send them an email.

#13866 1 year ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

found just changing the springs with a bit more tension gets those suckers to fall every single time

This is the route I would go before permanently modifying the brackets.

#13867 1 year ago
Quoted from KJS:

Backlit door mod I made up.[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks good, Kurt. All you need to do now is produce a 3D translite for this like you did for Alien

I like your style, so I look forward to seeing stuff you make going forward!

#13868 1 year ago

Just got a new DP Premium! Loving it so far.

I couldn't find a printer friendly version of the game rules/guide, so I made one, copied from TiltForum's wiki. (Did I miss some way to reformat the wiki for printing automatically?) Anyone can feel free to edit it further if you want, just remove the 'preview' from the URL.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-giOrdfDeaH-EMXQuiLU1ZcpyZqNW99QENsFAAG-kL0/preview

#13869 1 year ago

Gameplay video of my new DP Pro with pf protector. Are my drop targets messed up? IE Not dropping when hit hard.

Such a fun pin. Im still learning the rules so this isn't a tutorial. Just me hacking away. I do get a snnnikt shot and mechsuit MB. 430 million

#13870 1 year ago
Quoted from Av8:

Gameplay video of my new DP Pro with pf protector. Are my drop targets messed? IE Not dropping when hit hard.
Such a fun pin. Im still learning the rules so this isn't a tutorial. Just me hacking away. I do get a snnnikt shot and mechsuit MB. 430 million

I skipped around, but every time I watched, it seemed at least one drop was down, so seemed like they were working.

Post some timestamps when they don't go down and it may be better to review.

#13871 1 year ago

After a roughly 15 month wait, Deadpool Premium has finally joined the lineup.

Flynny's Arcade (resized).jpgFlynny's Arcade (resized).jpg
#13872 1 year ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

After a roughly 15 month wait, Deadpool Premium has finally joined the lineup.
[quoted image]

That's a great lineup. I love Quicksilver.

#13873 1 year ago
Quoted from splickety_lit:

Yeah me too! Super simple, but never gets old.

#13874 1 year ago
Quoted from Av8:

What has Stern tech support suggested? Stronger drop springs might help. I'll send them an email.

I contacted Stern and actually, the videos I posted were initially taped to send to their tech support. I'll be honest and say that after about 1 1/2 weeks of waiting and asking for an update, they really didn't know what the problem was and while the gentleman was nice he simply let me know he was still waiting on an engineer to look at the problem to see if a suggestion could be provided. None was ever provided.

It was at this point that I decided to diagnose the problem myself and upon reading this forum and some suggestions for a fix; I came up with the fix I outlined in my post. When you look at the Mech you'll easily realize it's not that complicated so there is very little that can go wrong for it not to work.

This issue which I found is not a mechanical issue with the Mech, this is why Stern cannot really help; Instead, the problem lies with the assembly line.

The person who's drilling the holes for this drop-down target mech needs to be more accurate and drill the initial holes of this mech into the playfield perfectly. They are not doing this correctly or the template they are using is off by 1.5 mm which is enough of an error to cause the problem. The fix I posted is simply correcting the issue by making the mech holes bigger to give you the mobility to tighten the mech at the correct placement. Others on Pinside had suggested patching the existing holes and creating new ones in the playfield. This is also a viable option but it seems much more risky and complicated.

Someone has suggested using a rat file as well instead of a Dremel tool to elongate the holes and I do recommend this as my post indicated. It was a bit scary sometimes when my Dremmel drill bit could catch and dance around in my hand.

Good luck, with this fix I didn't have to add washers or springs to make it work. I bought tougher sprints but haven't installed them as honestly the targets now work 100% of the time where previously I was getting a 95% failure on hard direct hits. Only softer hits would make them drop. Hope this info helps someone.

P.S. I did relay my fix to Stern support and they did mention that they would relay this back to their builders and engineers. I'm hoping future builds won't have this problem.

#13875 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

You can set it manually in the adjustments but just give it some time to come back down if you have a bad game don’t worry about score and just focus one thing you want to do. Maybe making just katana ramp shots or maybe just how many times in a row you can make a left ramp. That’s what I tell myself at least but usually end up not doing that and getting mad haha

Thanks! Didn’t realize it was an adjustment!

#13876 1 year ago
Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

I contacted Stern and actually, the videos I posted were initially taped to send to their tech support. I'll be honest and say that after about 1 1/2 weeks of waiting and asking for an update, they really didn't know what the problem was and while the gentleman was nice he simply let me know he was still waiting on an engineer to look at the problem to see if a suggestion could be provided. None was ever provided.
It was at this point that I decided to diagnose the problem myself and upon reading this forum and some suggestions for a fix; I came up with the fix I outlined in my post. When you look at the Mech you'll easily realize it's not that complicated so there is very little that can go wrong for it not to work.
This issue which I found is not a mechanical issue with the Mech, this is why Stern cannot really help; Instead, the problem lies with the assembly line.
The person who's drilling the holes for this drop-down target mech needs to be more accurate and drill the initial holes of this mech into the playfield perfectly. They are not doing this correctly or the template they are using is off by 1.5 mm which is enough of an error to cause the problem. The fix I posted is simply correcting the issue by making the mech holes bigger to give you the mobility to tighten the mech at the correct placement. Others on Pinside had suggested patching the existing holes and creating new ones in the playfield. This is also a viable option but it seems much more risky and complicated.
Someone has suggested using a rat file as well instead of a Dremel tool to elongate the holes and I do recommend this as my post indicated. It was a bit scary sometimes when my Dremmel drill bit could catch and dance around in my hand.
Good luck, with this fix I didn't have to add washers or springs to make it work. I bought tougher sprints but haven't installed them as honestly the targets now work 100% of the time where previously I was getting a 95% failure on hard direct hits. Only softer hits would make them drop. Hope this info helps someone.
P.S. I did relay my fix to Stern support and they did mention that they would relay this back to their builders and engineers. I'm hoping future builds won't have this problem.

Thanks! My drops consistently dont drop with hard hits, like the skill shot miss. It seems to be getting slightly better with more game play. I guess they are flexing and hitting the playfield.

#13877 1 year ago
Quoted from Av8:

My drops consistently dont drop with hard hits

Mine isn't very consistent, but it does happen enough that I notice it. At least a couple times a game.

#13878 1 year ago

Excuse me, that's a Taxi

#13879 1 year ago
Quoted from hodgesm0:

I picked up these from eBay, waiting for them to arrive to dive into figuring out how to mount them. I noticed that the pro figure plastics are riveted on, is it super difficult to remove them?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I didn't see anyone else answer your question: No, they weren't hard to remove. An appropriately sized drill bit and a couple of seconds made quick work of them. A #6 screw, washer, and nylon locking nut to replaces the rivet if you want to put it back.

#13880 1 year ago

Before hitting the Boom button, is there a way you can see what the value might be if you do? And does it show you what the Boom value was when hit?

#13881 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_H:

Before hitting the Boom button, is there a way you can see what the value might be if you do? And does it show you what the Boom value was when hit?

I don’t think so on the first part. For the second I guess if it’s a jackpot shot that it spots it would show that. I don’t think it would so a point value in a battle though.

#13882 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Rubbish. Complete fucking rubbish.
Put a protector on if you want, but don't tell me my machine, with more plays than your imagined limit has raised inserts and chipping. It's not a JJP.

Dunno about apron spots as mine is an earlier build, but i have the comet trough light kit which does about the same thing. You'll see i took out the 2 bottom spots as i was under the same impression as earlier posters and thought two was enough.
[quoted image]

Where did you get those instruction cards?

#13883 1 year ago

What are best options for Colossus and Domino figures? I can’t find anything decent on eBay nor Amazon. Have been looking for 3.75 figs. What figure/brand should I be looking for?

#13884 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

What are best options for Colossus and Domino figures? I can’t find anything decent on eBay nor Amazon. Have been looking for 3.75 figs. What figure/brand should I be looking for?

Search: Marvel Universe Colossus Series #2 Figure #13

I decided against putting him in my DP pro, he looks good where he is at. Others have replaced the Colossus plastic with nice results. The pinball I epoxied to his hand is fitting (use grey epoxy, a clamp, and a steady hand),
35348B10-8BFF-40F3-87CA-F0F6873ECB8A (resized).jpeg35348B10-8BFF-40F3-87CA-F0F6873ECB8A (resized).jpeg8102A69A-A747-4CAD-ACBA-1A3481FA91E7 (resized).jpeg8102A69A-A747-4CAD-ACBA-1A3481FA91E7 (resized).jpeg

#13885 1 year ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

Where did you get those instruction cards?

Bought them through pinside, i have them in my JD and Tron too.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1289-youbentmywookie/04484-deadpool-lenticular-apron-cards

#13886 1 year ago
Quoted from theun4gven:

I didn't see anyone else answer your question: No, they weren't hard to remove. An appropriately sized drill bit and a couple of seconds made quick work of them. A #6 screw, washer, and nylon locking nut to replaces the rivet if you want to put it back.

Thanks for the reply, I have all the figures in hand now, may attempt something this weekend

#13887 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

I went with the larger 6” domino figure, it was the only one I could find with the correct coloring / style. Ended up buying an out of box used one.

3D559789-D248-4D1E-835F-14907B140D3F (resized).jpeg3D559789-D248-4D1E-835F-14907B140D3F (resized).jpeg
#13888 1 year ago
Quoted from hodgesm0:

I went with the larger 6” domino figure, it was the only one I could find with the correct coloring / style. Ended up buying an out of box used one.
[quoted image]

does she fit where the current flat version is?

#13889 1 year ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

does she fit where the current flat version is?

It won’t fit standing, I haven’t put it in yet, but my idea is to have her sitting on the katana handle and have her legs straddle where the balls come out

#13890 1 year ago
Quoted from hodgesm0:It won’t fit standing, I haven’t put it in yet, but my idea is to have her sitting on the katana handle and have her legs straddle where the balls come out

#13891 1 year ago

she might fit if you sand down the Ball sack.

#13892 1 year ago
Quoted from hodgesm0:

It won’t fit standing, I haven’t put it in yet, but my idea is to have her sitting on the katana handle and have her legs straddle where the balls come out

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/270#post-7008348

#13894 1 year ago
Quoted from hodgesm0:

This is great, can you share a little about how you mounted her to the plastic?

Drilled holes in plastic beside her feet and put nlack zip ties up around her foot

#13895 1 year ago

Started it up today, and no balls were coming out of the trough. This solder joint just popped loose. I checked a few other joints, a few other were about to do the same. Easy fix in a few minutes with a soldering iron, but really annoying on a machine with just over 200 plays. Something to look out for.
[quoted image]

This is an anomaly and no big deal.

#13896 1 year ago
Quoted from Smack:

So after 50k plays what are the main issues you have encountered over the years aside from general wear and tear? Are there any specific areas that have needed more attention than others? How are your plastics holding up?
As a home owner with a few thousand plays on mine coil sleeves/stops are basically the only thing I have had to replace. Oh and replacing the post sleeves with something more durable, in particular the 2 around little DP. Those got chewed up pretty quick on stock but have held up very well since switching to the Super Band variety.

It is sad that the garbage skinny red rubber posts have been
put on all deadpool games for the past almost 4 years.

Day one I'd do a full superband kit and they handle more plays than
any other product and don't dirty the playfield like black rubber.

The shooter lane will wear unless protected.

My only chipping was the lane divider in between the right ramp entrance and the right loop,
but after 40k+ plays its basically a beauty mark...

Two little deadpool bobbleheads died so a pop bobblehead is on there for now.

#13897 1 year ago

Hey guys!! Joined the club last month and been having an issue right out of the box! Hope somebody can help?!
Dealing with a bottom GI short on the CN15 connector, specifically the white/black and yellow/black wires of the connector. They control a total of 11 lights. Have been in contact with Stern and we have had a tech out multiple times and have not been able to rectify the issue! We’ve got it narrowed down to 2 potential sockets, both located in the right slingshot. Problem is, we have replaced both of those sockets with brand new ones and they still cause a short! Sometimes the slightest vibration in the playfield will cause the short. It’s very inconsistent! We have removed those two bulbs and everything seems to stay on. We looked and found there are some burn marks on the wires connecting these two but they aren’t exposed and they aren’t touching anything to cause the short. Anyone have any suggestions? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks all!!

#13898 1 year ago
Quoted from WombatPinball:

Hey guys!! Joined the club last month and been having an issue right out of the box! Hope somebody can help?!
Dealing with a bottom GI short on the CN15 connector, specifically the white/black and yellow/black wires of the connector. They control a total of 11 lights. Have been in contact with Stern and we have had a tech out multiple times and have not been able to rectify the issue! We’ve got it narrowed down to 2 potential sockets, both located in the right slingshot. Problem is, we have replaced both of those sockets with brand new ones and they still cause a short! Sometimes the slightest vibration in the playfield will cause the short. It’s very inconsistent! We have removed those two bulbs and everything seems to stay on. We looked and found there are some burn marks on the wires connecting these two but they aren’t exposed and they aren’t touching anything to cause the short. Anyone have any suggestions? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks all!!

I might have figured this out! Will keep the group updated!

#13899 1 year ago

Does anyone have the older versions of the SDcard update for Pro table? I am looking for version 1.06 or 1.04.

#13900 1 year ago

How much were the stern toppers for this game when they were first produced?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 25.95
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grovetown, GA
$ 64.99
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 16,265 posts in this topic. You are on page 278 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/278 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.