(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,296 posts
  • 1,093 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by truemagoo102
  • Topic is favorited by 557 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240422_042849~2 (resized).jpg
20240420_214553 (resized).jpg
20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,296 posts in this topic. You are on page 276 of 326.
#13751 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_H:

Good work, so did I. I may have also asked about adding impossible mode and some sort of half shell challenge like on TMNT. Impossible mode has been great for me when playing family members (on TMNT), evens out the skill levels. And half shell is just super awesome, makes people play more pinball who wouldn't usually. A guy can dream! Anywhoo, he read and liked the comment - fingers crossed we get the end sequence update anyway.
Damn I love this pin!

Impossible and half shell are Dwight specials. Not sure it would make it here

#13752 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Impossible and half shell are Dwight specials. Not sure it would make it here

Coop/team modes would also be great. When those first started coming out I was hopeful most games might get that feature back ported. Sadly not the case.

#13753 1 year ago

I wish 3v1 were on every machine. I have three kids who would love to beat me down in Deadpool

#13754 1 year ago
Quoted from Smack:

Coop/team modes would also be great. When those first started coming out I was hopeful most games might get that feature back ported. Sadly not the case.

Those are also a Dwight special feature. It was cool when I had TMNT, and now that I have a Mando it's fun when playing with others especially of different skill levels.

#13755 1 year ago

You can't NOT Katana a Katana...right?

IMG_0268 (resized).JPGIMG_0268 (resized).JPG

#13756 1 year ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

[quoted image]

Bonus, this game actually comes with real world zombie defense built right in… wonder if anyone has taken theirs out and sharpened the edge?

#13757 1 year ago

I have a Hooked on Pinball Disco ball mod for the pro for sale. I ordered this and a Disco ball from yoyokopter at the same time a few months back. The yoyokopter one just arrived so I no longer have a need for this one. I used it for about a month, never removed the adhesive cover. It’s basically new. It’s on all the time, but still a great mod for the pro. Everyone who came over loved it. Retail is $120 plus shipping. I’d part with this for $95 shipped! Shoot me a message if interested!

44111F85-5CD3-4F65-A122-BF1605519737 (resized).png44111F85-5CD3-4F65-A122-BF1605519737 (resized).png
#13758 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Those are also a Dwight special feature. It was cool when I had TMNT, and now that I have a Mando it's fun when playing with others especially of different skill levels.

Yeah these features have certainly encourage others that don't usually play to play in my house. Its taken my kids a while to get into it and my wife, but I'm getting there. The 3v1 is great along with the rest. I like impossible play for me when playing others, kinda levels out all the players skills. I mean I'm not awesome either, but definitely having everyone scores around the same makes it more enjoyable for all.

#13759 1 year ago

I’m assuming downloading the premium code and the files end up being LE on the unzip is normal and ok to install on a prem?

#13760 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I’m assuming downloading the premium code and the files end up being LE on the unzip is normal and ok to install on a prem?

They need to fix their naming scheme. Its the same package for both

#13761 1 year ago
Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

Awesome, I'm glad my little fix helped fix your drop targets like it did mine.
btw I never thought about adding a washer to the front edge (closer to the player) to tilt it just a few degrees more allowing the target to lean back when hit just a bit further, genius idea. My hits are currently all registering so I'll leave mine alone until it doesn't work but if I notice some fails I'll do this quick fix.
In regards to removing 2 loops on the 3 extension springs, I wanted to ask how exactly did you do that? Do you cut 2 loops out of the spring and attach it from where you cut?
I appreciate you reporting back. If indeed more people are affected and this fix helps I hope some mod sticky's most post.

I picked up the washers idea from a post somewhere in the hundreds of pages in this thread.

For the springs, I just used 2 mini pliers & bent up 2 more coils to act as the hoop anchor on the end. I forget if I then trimmed the original 2 end loops or just bent them out of the way.

The springs trick was in the same post as the washers trick. That post recommended shortening the spring to about 3/4 of its original length. There was also a recommendation of a teen drop of super lube in the channel in which the washers slide.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/265#post-6963299

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/265#post-6963341

Thanks,
-Jason

#13762 1 year ago
Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

Hello Pinsiders, I don't know if someone wants to make a sticky out of this post but I've uncovered a big problem with my Little Deadpool targets. Thank you to many that posted on here and responded to my texts I take no credit in finding out the problem but I do want to take credit for resolving it with a solution that I had not seen posted.
The issue is that the Drop-down targets on Little Deadpool are sometimes screwed in the playfield wood too far back (away from the player) I'm talking about 2 millimeters difference that can cause this. When they are screwed in this way, (Mine was and was recently built in May) when you land hard direct shots on them the targets flex back but not back enough and with the momentum cause the targets to bounce off the wooden playfield on their back and go back forward unfortunately not allowing them to properly un-latch.
I saw some posts on this forum suggesting I drill new holes into the playfield and I just didn't feel comfortable doing that so I looked at the mech and came up with an even better plan.
I used a Dremel with a Tungsten bit and simply elongated the 4 holes on the drop target metal where it attaches to the playfield Pic shown below. This allows the mech device to be moved about 2mm forward, toward the player; now giving more space behind the drop down target and when hit will successfully drop down. Here are a few pictures of my fix as well as before and after videos of the problem occurring and then resolved.
[quoted image]
The Yellow line in my pics show where the Mech used to lie. Notice it's moved up (towards the player) about 1.5-2mm.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
P.S. (Please take full precaution Dremeling out this metal plate, This was not that easy and I did it very slowly. Even used a polish bit when it bounced around too much for my comfort. I think if I had a machine shop I'd simply use a metal drill bit and a vice to make it easier and safer)
Here is a video of the issue at hand 3 Different shots moments apart.
Before Fix Shot 1
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bpb1ask6g90gqkl/DP%20Shot%201.mp4?dl=0
Before Fix Shot 2
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2lmtb2n903q4fgp/DP%20Shot%202.mp4?dl=0
Before Fix Shot 3
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kx97vozpflys3zt/DP%20Shot%203.mp4?dl=0
Here is a video of the Drop Target now fixed, notice that there is now wiggle room behind it.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/pZPrG2nAUwhFs97T8
Here is videos of the drop targets now fixed. The same power level on the flippers and direct hard hits.
After Fix Shot 1
https://photos.app.goo.gl/SoL3sbiDFiwwSbHR7
After Fix Shot 2
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3U8KWxXUcDxjfU818
As you can tell I've documented this experience very detailed in hopes that others can learn what I've learned and I wanted to give back to this great community that always seems to give a helping hand.
Thanks for reading sorry for typos.
TL;DR - Some Deadpool machines have the little deadpool drop targets too far back causing them not to drop and this provides and alternative fix instead of drilling into the playfield.

Nice

#13763 1 year ago

I just have to say that this game has the best callouts ever. Having Deadpool at home makes this game so much better, the music and callouts are the best.

#13764 1 year ago

I just realized from the factory my DP right orbit touches the post at the end of the guide and has been 'normal' for me. I assume this is NOT the case. Can y'all confirm it's not supposed to touch the post at the end of the guide and I assume come down to the right flipper from the left -> right orbit?

#13765 1 year ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

I just realized from the factory my DP right orbit touches the post at the end of the guide and has been 'normal' for me to end up on the left flipper. I assume this is NOT the case. Can y'all confirm it's not supposed to touch the post at the end of the guide and I assume come down to the right flipper from the left -> right orbit?

#13766 1 year ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

I just realized from the factory my DP right orbit touches the post at the end of the guide and has been 'normal' for me. I assume this is NOT the case. Can y'all confirm it's not supposed to touch the post at the end of the guide and I assume come down to the right flipper from the left -> right orbit?

Got a picture?

#13767 1 year ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

When the ball exits the right orbit it should hit the post at the end of that guide and bounce over to the left flipper. If you let it dead bounce off the left flipper it should be a safe trap on the right.

#13768 1 year ago
Quoted from Smack:

When the ball exits the right orbit it should hit the post at the end of that guide and bounce over to the left flipper. If you let it dead bounce off the left flipper it should be a safe trap on the right.

Dunno about that at all. I have mine tuned so it slides clean down onto the right flipper from the end of the rail. Post does not come into play at all. It used to take a bump to go to left, or it would center drain. Adjusted the rail so it's repeatable from right flipper to right flipper.

I wouldn't want to go through the deadbounce rigmarole.

#13769 1 year ago

I thought I read a post a long time ago that it is the design intention to hit that post and go to the left flipper.

#13770 1 year ago

Why?

Like loops and all.

I wouldn't want mine to hit the post on either exit.

Just got my machine up the front in other news after rebuilding the flippers (5k+ plays since new).

I am stoked with the flipper droop that i haven't had since new and the new flipper power.

played with a mate today and he got a .9 game, i've had a couple of .6's. That's good scores round here and i'm loving how easy the orbits and low shots are, but re learning the top shots. Scoop and top spinner is not a gimmee anymore.

Snikt and katana just happen over and over.

#13771 1 year ago
Quoted from Smack:

I just watched some deadflip DP and doesn't look like his hits the post. I ask because my mandalorian suffered from protruding post due to a saggy orbit. I'm feeling this wasn't intended on DP. Need more verification. Playable either way, but now I'm curious.

#13772 1 year ago

On my pro it was pretty obvious it hit the post and went to the left flipper. On my premium (recent build) it hits it but isn’t consistently going to the left flipper. I am still working on being 100% level, so it may be off a touch.

The left orbit to the ramp is working about 70% of the time as well but if I smoke a shot it hits something and slowly hits the post and drops to the right flipper.

#13773 1 year ago

Yeah mine comes out of the orbit and usually hits the post goes left flipper dead bounce then softly to the right.

#13774 1 year ago

Has anyone had a blip where when they select a battle the sound cuts for 1 second and you think it’s going to crash but then sound comes back and everything is fine?

#13775 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

Has anyone had a blip where when they select a battle the sound cuts for 1 second and you think it’s going to crash but then sound comes back and everything is fine?

how often does this happen? I have had some stuff happen when the sound kinda acts funny but that was when I set up a bunch of stuff and activated it all at once. I think that was just a hiccup

#13776 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Dunno about that at all. I have mine tuned so it slides clean down onto the right flipper from the end of the rail. Post does not come into play at all. It used to take a bump to go to left, or it would center drain. Adjusted the rail so it's repeatable from right flipper to right flipper. I wouldn't want to go through the deadbounce rigmarole.

Looking back through the thread it seems like some bounce off that post and some do not. I am not sure if this was covered in the Gomez/Klyce interview with joelbob as to the intended behaviour here but I was just reviewing the reveal stream and at about the 44:20 mark you can see a ball go up the Right orbit but stalls out and as it comes back down it hits the bumper and goes to the left flipper. I would say a ball exiting the pops to the right orbit should have about the same momentum and trajectory as this example.

Take that for what you will. But as noted from comments in this thread it seems like a millage may vary kinda thing. There are likely other examples in this stream but that is the first one I saw while scanning through.

#13777 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

how often does this happen? I have had some stuff happen when the sound kinda acts funny but that was when I set up a bunch of stuff and activated it all at once. I think that was just a hiccup

Not often, only had it happen twice. First time I put it down to a random event but then second time I start to wonder

#13778 1 year ago

Started it up today, and no balls were coming out of the trough. This solder joint just popped loose. I checked a few other joints, a few other were about to do the same. Easy fix in a few minutes with a soldering iron, but really annoying on a machine with just over 200 plays. Something to look out for.

PXL_20220809_132456481 (resized).jpgPXL_20220809_132456481 (resized).jpg

#13779 1 year ago

Right orbit post post:
My NIB premium May 2022 build flowed right orbit shots to the right flipper.

I put on a thicker post rubber and now it bounces leftish. I don't like the bounce. That doesn't seem like a proper orbit shot, as it can't be repeated rapidly.

I'm going to put a slim post rubber back on.

Thanks,
Jason

#13780 1 year ago

That right orbit exit is not really an exit at all right? On the pro left orbit goes to the pops, on premium left orbit goes to pops or lift ramp straight to the right flipper?

#13781 1 year ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

That right orbit exit is not really an exit at all right? On the pro left orbit goes to the pops, on premium left orbit goes to pops or lift ramp straight to the right flipper?

Exactly. It’s not a traditional orbit shot for that reason.

There’s times it returns from there still, either rattled shot, randomness, or bricked. Mine bounces off the post and goes to left flipper FWIW.

#13782 1 year ago

My May 2022 Premium bounces off the post to the left flipper. The Prem Bowen is playing in the PAPA tutorial vid also bounces off the post to the left flipper. 9m 30sec in.

#13783 1 year ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

My May 2022 Premium bounces off the post to the left flipper. The Prem Bowen is playing in the PAPA tutorial vid also bounces off the post to the left flipper. 9m 30sec in.

Same here (Oct 2019 build). And I like it that way. Gives me an immediate chance to hit a SNIKT shot!

#13784 1 year ago

Looking at the art on the playfield the post on the right clearly sticks out more than the orbit on the left.

For people that don’t have exit hitting the post, does the post sit inward more, or is the rail pushed far out?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#13785 1 year ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

Looking at the art on the playfield the post on the right clearly sticks out more than the orbit on the left.
For people that don’t have exit hitting the post, does the post sit inward more, or is the rail pushed far out?
[quoted image]

It’s supposed to feed the left flipper i believe.

So coming out of that right orbit it should bounce it over to your left flipper/sling.

#13786 1 year ago

Update: Part number for this post is #530-5332-03 in case anyone else needs one

Anyone have a part number for the metal bumper post at the front corners of the lil’ Deadpool drop targets? I snapped the threads off the top of mine by over tightening and I can’t find it listed in the manual. Marco pinball has a lot of options and was hoping to narrow it down.

Thanks

1BF59410-64F5-463B-B2AD-540B9DA0C531 (resized).jpeg1BF59410-64F5-463B-B2AD-540B9DA0C531 (resized).jpeg

#13787 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:It’s supposed to feed the left flipper i believe.
So coming out of that right orbit it should bounce it over to your left flipper/sling.

I know which way i prefer it.

#13788 1 year ago

Pro at the Stern factory bounces off the post to the left flipper. Keith Elwin and Zach Sharpe playing split flipper tandem. 1:08:05 in.

Premium at the Stern factory bounces to the left flipper. 15m 25s in.

#13789 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

I know which way i prefer it.

Mine is 90% flipper occasionally hits the sling which can often be an instant right outlane drain if I don’t nudge it right. One of the reasons I went Prem/LE was to give the orbits more flow and to get that right flipper left orbit loop shot, such a fun shot!

#13790 1 year ago
Quoted from splickety_lit:

Started it up today, and no balls were coming out of the trough. This solder joint just popped loose. I checked a few other joints, a few other were about to do the same. Easy fix in a few minutes with a soldering iron, but really annoying on a machine with just over 200 plays. Something to look out for.
[quoted image]

Oh goodie. Something else to look into with my April build lol. Good find. May even fire up the hot metal painting stick and paint some metal on there for posterity.

#13791 1 year ago

Also wanted to comment here about the Drop Targets.

I am to assume the lack of dropping of the targets happens to everyone. This is not uncommon and superfriggin'annoying. I initially tried the washers as I wasn't feeling like taking out the module to widen the mounting holes. The problem with this is that it lowers the targets' seat in the PF and your slow ball likes to park it on the cutout. I then added a similar spring from my Harbor Freight kit but shorter for more tension after taking out the washers and BAM....drops. Every. Single. Time. Just needed more oomph on the pull to overcome the speed/force of the ball. This can also be tricky as you'll need a thin pair of needle nose to shimmy up in there on the two right drop targets.

https://www.harborfreight.com/200-piece-assorted-spring-set-67562.html

#13792 1 year ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

Also wanted to comment here about the Drop Targets.
I am to assume the lack of dropping of the targets happens to everyone. This is not uncommon and superfriggin'annoying. I initially tried the washers as I wasn't feeling like taking out the module to widen the mounting holes. The problem with this is that it lowers the targets' seat in the PF and your slow ball likes to park it on the cutout. I then added a similar spring from my Harbor Freight kit but shorter for more tension after taking out the washers and BAM....drops. Every. Single. Time. Just needed more oomph on the pull to overcome the speed/force of the ball. This can also be tricky as you'll need a thin pair of needle nose to shimmy up in there on the two right drop targets.
https://www.harborfreight.com/200-piece-assorted-spring-set-67562.html

I don't know if you missed my post on this topic but this small fix really fixed all my issues on the stock springs. I really hope a MOD Sticky's it to avoid the headache I had on a NIB machine. Also because of the angle of the targets and the slope even on slow shots the ball never parks here. It simply rolls to the right and back out of the hole, it's it's the right target it will go to the little deadpool sensor where it detects a captured ball and the targets will spring back up and the machine will spit out another ball. I don't know if you noticed but Gomez put a sensor in this corner specifically because he designed the machine to hold the balls in this corner.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/274#post-7051018

#13793 1 year ago
Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

I don't know if you missed my post on this topic but this small fix really fixed all my issues on the stock springs. I really hope a MOD Sticky's it to avoid the headache I had on a NIB machine. Also because of the angle of the targets and the slope even on slow shots the ball never parks here. It simply rolls to the right and back out of the hole, it's it's the right target it will go to the little deadpool sensor where it detects a captured ball and the targets will spring back up and the machine will spit out another ball. I don't know if you noticed but Gomez put a sensor in this corner specifically because he designed the machine to hold the balls in this corner.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/274#post-7051018

It already is. Its been marked as a Key Post and is in the list.

#13794 1 year ago

Thanks for the magnet and apron decal John_I at space coast pinball!

20220808_115829 (resized).jpg20220808_115829 (resized).jpg20220811_171131 (resized).jpg20220811_171131 (resized).jpg
#13795 1 year ago
Quoted from northerndude:

It already is. Its been marked as a Key Post and is in the list.

Wow, just right now I learned that this forum only shows you 10 Key posts until you click on the link to show you more. I clicked on it and saw all 42 key posts.. I do see my post now.. Thanks and apologize for simply not understanding how this all works. This site is pretty awesome.

#13796 1 year ago

Someone mentioned swapping out the blue pads. It looks like Ninjacamp is making some black pads.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1326-ninjacamp-mods/06741-rush-premium-le-time-machine-ramp-guards

#13797 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

The OG co-op mode was in TNA. Just wanted to point that out

#13798 1 year ago

Just got a brand new April build Deadpool Pro. This thing is gorgeous. I'm going to install a full Playfield protector before any plays. I know I'm going to play the hell out of it. What are the other must have mods and adjustments?

I have art blades and the topper ready to install. Also Shaker motor subwoofer and external Volume control. I also want to get it powder coated red.

20220816_082737 (resized).jpg20220816_082737 (resized).jpg20220816_093103 (resized).jpg20220816_093103 (resized).jpg
#13799 1 year ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

[quoted image]

Were did you get that orange mat to cover the glass? Can I buy the Premium action figures for my Pro?

#13800 1 year ago
Quoted from Av8:

Just got a brand new April build Deadpool Pro. This thing is gorgeous. I'm going to install a full Playfield protector before any plays. I know I'm going to play the hell out of it. What are the other must have mods and adjustments?

If there are spots within the protector that still allows the metal edges of some of the ramps and guides to touch the playfield I would recommend washers. Looking at a protector from playfield-protectors it looks like you have good coverage for the Katana ramp guide however you might want washers under the following depending on how they sit:

* Left ramp. There are 2 screws under the ramp entrance as well as a post on the right side that can use protection. Check that the edges of the ramp do not rub the clear, if so possibly thin strips of mylar
* Ball guide behind Wolverine spinner. This takes a lot of shots and the edge of the guide can dig in to the clear.

The only other things I can think of is possibly a Cliffy metal shooter lane protector. Also, turn your ball eject down from factory to help reduce wear. Cliffy also makes a protector for behind the drop target bank that could be useful.

Welcome to the club, and that is a heck of a 3 pin lineup you have there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.99
$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grovetown, GA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
There are 16,296 posts in this topic. You are on page 276 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/276 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.