(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,195 posts
  • 1,083 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 hours ago by SiN13
  • Topic is favorited by 556 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1688 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1689 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240327_001906_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240327_001709_Chrome (resized).jpg
IMG_8452 (resized).jpg
IMG_8453 (resized).jpg
IMG_8454 (resized).jpg
IMG_8455 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240323_200809 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240326_153304_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
20240326_103932 (resized).jpg
20240326_103906 (resized).jpg
IMG_8461 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,195 posts in this topic. You are on page 273 of 324.
#13601 1 year ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

My DP PRO is on the path to 50k on location.
Stern should give awards for plays on location milestones?

It owes you nothing! Nice.

#13602 1 year ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

It owes you nothing! Nice.

Show some pics of this warrior!

#13603 1 year ago

I thought it was dollars at first. Slowly my brain caught up.

#13604 1 year ago

I love making a game my own with different mods but I always replace the glass with invisible glass.

I have have had my game for 2 years now and everytime I play it it's like the first time.

#13605 1 year ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

That's insane and awesome, congrats.

#13606 1 year ago

Sorry for the delays been super busy and then the heatwave we just had here made my gamesroom unbearable.

Just posted out the first 15 of these this morning so here are some install pictures of the plastic in a spare apron, non lit and lit by natural light against my window.

BADEA746-125F-41CB-8393-16DD47D14A40 (resized).jpegBADEA746-125F-41CB-8393-16DD47D14A40 (resized).jpegDB264789-C161-4A09-94DE-8D9BAB4D39FF (resized).jpegDB264789-C161-4A09-94DE-8D9BAB4D39FF (resized).jpegE072DAB9-8F5F-4CDC-8F72-5FAFEA1AEA71 (resized).jpegE072DAB9-8F5F-4CDC-8F72-5FAFEA1AEA71 (resized).jpeg
#13607 1 year ago

Anyone ever have their scores reset on their own? My DP has just lost all its scores except GC which seems really strange.... It shouldn't be related to battery I assume. Really wierd

#13608 1 year ago
Quoted from Junglist:

Anyone ever have their scores reset on their own? My DP has just lost all its scores except GC which seems really strange.... It shouldn't be related to battery I assume. Really wierd

Theres a setting that every 'x' amount of games it resets. Believe the default for every 2k games in the standard adjustments settings. HSTD reset counter should be the label for the setting

#13609 1 year ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

So after 50k plays what are the main issues you have encountered over the years aside from general wear and tear? Are there any specific areas that have needed more attention than others? How are your plastics holding up?

As a home owner with a few thousand plays on mine coil sleeves/stops are basically the only thing I have had to replace. Oh and replacing the post sleeves with something more durable, in particular the 2 around little DP. Those got chewed up pretty quick on stock but have held up very well since switching to the Super Band variety.

#13610 1 year ago

Disco ball on my premium - not centered, looks cheap. Anyone upgraded to a better ball? The Pro disco ball upgrades don't look any nicer in my opinion. I had heard someone mention a larger disco ball mod, but I've not been able to find it anywhere! Anyone have a lead? Thanks!!

#13611 1 year ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

Disco ball on my premium - not centered, looks cheap. Anyone upgraded to a better ball? The Pro disco ball upgrades don't look any nicer in my opinion. I had heard someone mention a larger disco ball mod, but I've not been able to find it anywhere! Anyone have a lead? Thanks!!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#13612 1 year ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

I’m working on a disco ball and lighting mod not just a LED on a wire but something a lot more integrated into the theme.

Just getting all these apron plastics done first as it’s been a lot more popular than I thought it would be once those are done, I’ll announce something hopefully.

I have managed to improve the disco ball light show just by changing the ball, to one I made by hand, using smaller mirrored pieces, easily made the disco light show 2-3 times better.

#13613 1 year ago

Has anyone added the Stern factory Apron lights to their Pro? I bought the connect kit and it has the cutouts for them. Wondering if anyone has found the parts/the connector to add them to a Pro.

#13614 1 year ago

Yes, there's diy mod listed earlier in the thread with part lists and everything if you search the thread.

#13615 1 year ago
Quoted from Titokombo:

Hey, has anyone had this issue with their VUK's miniature switch? It seems to have just completely broken during a fairly aggressive mech suit multiball and I'm assuming I'll need a new one. Also, this happened within the first two months of ownership so it should be covered under some sort of Distributor or Manufacturers warranty right?

I had that happen this past weekend to my Hellhouse scoop switch. Center lug just broke completely off.

2 months old, less than 275 games.

When I talked to my distributor they told me that the Stern warranty on minor stuff like that (not major failures like node boards and such) is only 30 days. Beyond that and you are on your own. To their credit, they did have the switch in stock and gave it to me for free.

I'm frankly pretty stunned that an expensive machine like this only has a 30 day warranty on something that is clearly a defect.

#13616 1 year ago
Quoted from Titokombo:

Hey, has anyone had this issue with their VUK's miniature switch? It seems to have just completely broken during a fairly aggressive mech suit multiball and I'm assuming I'll need a new one. Also, this happened within the first two months of ownership so it should be covered under some sort of Distributor or Manufacturers warranty right?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Unfortunately common, Stern has been cheaping out on switches, coil stops and hole protectors for some time now.
When it breaks that far in it cannot be soldered either.

#13617 1 year ago

Do Booms actually do anything during a battle? I was playing this morning and I had three booms built up, I was on ball 3 of a not particularly good game and started a battle with Mystique. It was my last battle to finish so I say hey I'll just use my booms killer her and play Sauron. I hit all three booms and it maybe took her health down about 25%.

Seems like Megalodon is the best place to use booms as it registers one of the 5 shots you need to make. T-Rex is ok also but with everything lit and having to make 10 shots total Meg is the bigger bang for your boom.

Also does anyone know if Booms can collect Super Jackpot in Ninja multiball? I feel like I had that lit in a game with a boom ready hit the boom and it was still the only shot lit. I couldn't look at the LCD to see what was awarded.

#13618 1 year ago
Quoted from Bundy:

Unfortunately common, Stern has been cheaping out on switches, coil stops and hole protectors for some time now.
When it breaks that far in it cannot be soldered either.

Had the same issue with my VUK switch. They are considered a wear and tear part, but most distros can help you out getting replacements.

Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Do Booms actually do anything during a battle? I was playing this morning and I had three booms built up, I was on ball 3 of a not particularly good game and started a battle with Mystique. It was my last battle to finish so I say hey I'll just use my booms killer her and play Sauron. I hit all three booms and it maybe took her health down about 25%.
Seems like Megalodon is the best place to use booms as it registers one of the 5 shots you need to make. T-Rex is ok also but with everything lit and having to make 10 shots total Meg is the bigger bang for your boom.
Also does anyone know if Booms can collect Super Jackpot in Ninja multiball? I feel like I had that lit in a game with a boom ready hit the boom and it was still the only shot lit. I couldn't look at the LCD to see what was awarded.

Booms will never complete a mode. That’s pretty standard across games that have similar features

#13619 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Booms work great in a battle but I have a theory that no one ever validated. They seem to do a lot more damage when deadpool is taunting. If the enemy is talking or taunting it seems like a boom does less damage. Try it out and see if this is really true.

Not sure about the super jackpot question.

#13620 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Booms will never complete a mode. That’s pretty standard across games that have similar features

I know they wont complete the mode but I figured they would take off more damage than that for 3 of them ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#13621 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Had the same issue with my VUK switch. They are considered a wear and tear part, but most distros can help you out getting replacements.

Quoted from KneeKickLou:

I know they wont complete the mode but I figured they would take off more damage than that for 3 of them ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Depends on which shot is lit. If you didn’t hit the spinner at the beginning of Mystique I think it would just hit for a spin, so low points if you use it that way.

#13622 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Like bigguybbr said, it depends on the lit shot. I believe damage to Mystique is greater if the teammate she's transformed into matches the lit shot. Plus there's added damage if you've got Wolverine on your team, etc.

#13623 1 year ago

I think I confirmed from just watching this video that boom will NOT collect super jackpot in Ninja multiball.

At around 19:12 the player has 106,419,920 point with just the super lit, he then presses the Boom and after that the score jumps to a whopping 106,824,920 for a total boom value of 405,000 points. So I guess save you booms in that case.

I'll keep an eye on booms in battles, but new strategy might be just save them for quests if I'm going for progress over points.

#13624 1 year ago

I'm troubleshooting a Trough 4 Tech Alert - can someone post a pic of the trough clear test with all the balls in it? I just want to compare it against mine. Thanks!

Edit: Actually nevermind I think I have it sorted.

#13625 1 year ago

Can someone help me. I doing a full re-rubber and I dont have a screw for this post to the left of the roll overs. Is there meant to be one holding that post in? It goes on the inside of the ball guide right? Meant to push the ball guide outwards and not inwards? Thanks for any help!

12058134-6412-4544-8986-C4AB163B4D1B (resized).jpeg12058134-6412-4544-8986-C4AB163B4D1B (resized).jpeg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#13626 1 year ago

Wait, no I see, I think that’s the post that holds the ramp, I put the screw back with the ramp. Doh panic over

Actually can someone take a pic of that area, I’ve confused myself lol. Thanks

#13627 1 year ago

Nvm I figured it out lol. What a rollercoaster!

#13628 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Sorry for the delays been super busy and then the heatwave we just had here made my gamesroom unbearable.
Just posted out the first 15 of these this morning so here are some install pictures of the plastic in a spare apron, non lit and lit by natural light against my window.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I would like one of these , or if someone removed their plastic and wants to sell

#13629 1 year ago
Quoted from Mando:

I would like one of these , or if someone removed their plastic and wants to sell

I removed Cable on mine so DP is still hanging tough!

#13630 1 year ago

Hey so I’m having an issue that has left me stumped. Anyone have this happen to them and have a solution? My skit target registers every time. However when it’s hit and the ball then goes up the ramp I don’t get a playfield multiplier. The opto works on the ramp. The lock opto works . There’s no other active switches. I’ve performed every tests. It doesn’t add up. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

#13631 1 year ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

1. Mystery 10-24 locknut on the woofer. Haven't found where it goes yet, but this type of locknut (star washer, not nylon insert) seems to be only in the cabinet after poking around a little.

It was for the playfield support rails on the inside walls of the cabinet. Each rail had all of its nuts, so I figure 1 extra fell into the cab during assembly.

After 1 month of Premium ownership (1st NIB game we've had), the honeymoon continues, going strong.
The game's been really reliable & stable--but that doesn't stop me from tinkering, fussing, & modding.
I add something late at night then ask my 9yo boy the next day, "Did you notice anything different on Deadpool today?" (Of course he did.)

My boy plays every day.
He had all the high scores & most of the other achievements in his name...until I somehow pulled out a 1.5B game. Ha! GC is mine! for a while at least...
I love how there are so many achievements--I play after he goes to bed, focus on getting my name up there for something, enter something goofy (10-letter entries FTW!), & then when I come home from work the next day: "Heeeeey, Daddyyyyy! You knocked my score off!!!" "Yup"

He & I love the humor--it's great watching him giggle & chuckle while getting jackpots...and explaining the rules to me while he's playing.

Thanks,
-Jason

#13632 1 year ago

How are the outlane posts set from the factory? And do the mini posts between inlane/outlane have rubbers (from the factory)? Thanks!

#13633 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

How are the outlane posts set from the factory? And do the mini posts between inlane/outlane have rubbers (from the factory)? Thanks!

Out of the box, my outlanes were set wide open and I adjusted them forward. There was no rubber on the mini posts, but if you want to add them, those rings are included in the bag stapled to the inside of the cabinet, along with keychains and extra decals.

#13634 1 year ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

Hey so I’m having an issue that has left me stumped. Anyone have this happen to them and have a solution? My skit target registers every time. However when it’s hit and the ball then goes up the ramp I don’t get a playfield multiplier. The opto works on the ramp. The lock opto works . There’s no other active switches. I’ve performed every tests. It doesn’t add up. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

After the Snikt target is hit, the ramp opto has to be triggered pretty quickly to get the multiplier (probably within a second or so). I've had slower Snikt shots up the ramp not register as a multiplier.

#13635 1 year ago

Hello all, sorry if this has been brought up before but I can't find it anywhere here or anywhere else on-line. Are there descriptions for the adjustments menu and features menu for deadpool? I recently purchased Deadpool pro and want to go through them - in home, free play. What are the common settings? How does everyone have theirs set?

Thank you.

#13636 1 year ago
Quoted from Godan:

Hello all, sorry if this has been brought up before but I can't find it anywhere here or anywhere else on-line. Are there descriptions for the adjustments menu and features menu for deadpool? I recently purchased Deadpool pro and want to go through them - in home, free play. What are the common settings? How does everyone have theirs set?
Thank you.

Check the manual PDF as it will call out all of the menu options in the original software. You can find manuals here: https://sternpinball.com/support/game-manuals/

For anything that was added after that you will want to look at the change log from software updates. Here is the most recent one for the Pro but the System settings should be the same for all I believe. Things like Flipper Strength were added in one of the more recent updates.

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/deadpool_pro-1_06_0-README.txt

In terms of common adjustments.
* Trough eject. Lower that down until the ball just makes it out and then bump it up a few notches for good measure. By default it will fly out with gusto which would cause damage to the lower lane.
* The ability to cancel the game by holding L+Start is another feature that needs to be enabled if you wanna use that.
* 10 letter high scores you might want to enable vs 3 letters
* Auto high score resets, by default it wipes scores every 1000 games I think. You can adjust or disable that

That's about all I can suggest

#13637 1 year ago

Fuck with it. When you are happy, stop fucking with it. If you want to put it back how it was, do a factory reset, or change a value back to the green factory setting.

That's about all i can suggest.

#13638 1 year ago

I've looked in the manual, but can't see the info.

I have two broken screws in my right flipper assy. It's not the smaller hex heads that hold the coil stops, but the larger ones that hold the coil bracket on the other end. 6k games and i'm putting a kit in for both flippers.

Being in a metric country i can't just buy a bunch at the store and try them out but have to order them in.
So would someone who knows for sure tell me what size these screws are so i can see if i can find some in Australia please?

Captured (resized).PNGCaptured (resized).PNG

#13639 1 year ago
Quoted from Godan:

Thank you.

I always thought it was strange they don’t explain what the easy/regular/hard settings do for combos and stuff. All my B/W game manuals spelled all that stuff out

#13640 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

It's not the smaller hex heads that hold the coil stops, but the larger ones that hold the coil bracket on the other end. 6k games and i'm putting a kit in for both flippers.

So I just looked at the mechs on mine and the larger screw heads are the ones that hold the coil stop (2 in the diagram) and those are 5/16". The smaller screws that hold the support bracket (8 in the diagram) are 1/4".

Or are you looking for the length of these?

#13641 1 year ago

Both, i'm positive the left side had the smaller screws in the stop and the larger in the support bracket, but i may have swapped them over by accident. I need enough info to order the screws, so diameter of the read and length.

Thank you for your response so far.

#13642 1 year ago

I have Lucxor’s katana handle mod and am trying to find which film insert will display yellow. When I put the yellow film in it comes out green - any ideas?

#13643 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

I always thought it was strange they don’t explain what the easy/regular/hard settings do for combos and stuff. All my B/W game manuals spelled all that stuff out

Exactly - that's what I was trying to find. There isn't even a list of the feature settings on-line anywhere that I could find let alone the descriptions. For the main settings the list is in the manual but no descriptions of what the different options would do.

Just curious what others set - like specials - doesn't make sense for a credit on free play. Extra ball may extend games too much so thought of setting it to points so it's worth something. There are several others like easy medium hard that you mention. I really don't want to change a bunch and play it a ton to see what's different and guess which did what or change one at a time - that would take forever.

#13644 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Both, i'm positive the left side had the smaller screws in the stop and the larger in the support bracket, but i may have swapped them over by accident. I need enough info to order the screws, so diameter of the read and length.
Thank you for your response so far.

If you look at the diagram you posted it looks like the screws are larger on the stop vs the bracket so maybe you did swap them. The larger screws that hold the stop in place have a stop washer on them as well.

As for the smaller screw with a 1/4" head, the length of the screw below the head is 1cm exactly which is ~0.4 inches, and the diameter is 3mm so ~1/8

The larger screw with a 5/16" head, the length below the head is 12mm which is ~0.5 inches, and the diameter is 4mm which is 5/32".

Seems odd that you would be able to swap these with the different sizings, in particular the diameters.

#13645 1 year ago
Quoted from Godan:

Exactly - that's what I was trying to find. There isn't even a list of the feature settings on-line anywhere that I could find let alone the descriptions. For the main settings the list is in the manual but no descriptions of what the different options would do.
Just curious what others set - like specials - doesn't make sense for a credit on free play. Extra ball may extend games too much so thought of setting it to points so it's worth something. There are several others like easy medium hard that you mention. I really don't want to change a bunch and play it a ton to see what's different and guess which did what or change one at a time - that would take forever.

I turn my replay and special to extra ball. Special is rare but I like to play more so that’s why I use EB for replay. All the other stuff I leave basically stock

#13646 1 year ago
Quoted from Smack:

If you look at the diagram you posted it looks like the screws are larger on the stop vs the bracket so maybe you did swap them. The larger screws that hold the stop in place have a stop washer on them as well.
As for the smaller screw with a 1/4" head, the length of the screw below the head is 1cm exactly which is ~0.4 inches, and the diameter is 3mm so ~1/8
The larger screw with a 5/16" head, the length below the head is 12mm which is ~0.5 inches, and the diameter is 4mm which is 5/32".
Seems odd that you would be able to swap these with the different sizings, in particular the diameters.

Yes, that's why i didn't believe it was wrong. fucked if i know. I'll order some 1/4 x .4 and some 5/16th x .5" if i can find them here and work it out from there.

Thanks.

#13647 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

I have Lucxor’s katana handle mod and am trying to find which film insert will display yellow. When I put the yellow film in it comes out green - any ideas?

Try to see if the plastic protective film is on either side of it. Then peel them off ans see if its better

#13648 1 year ago

Hello, I have a question hoping someone can help.

I have a Deadpool premium and I've noticed on about 50% of the shots the little deadpool targets when hit hard won't drop. I did a test and if I tap them with my finger they go down all the time. It seems that maybe if it's hit too hard.. the impact keeps them up and doesn't let the spring pull them down.. Not sure exactly what's going on but I'm hoping someone else noticed this and has a fix I can implement.

Thanks for the help in advance.

#13649 1 year ago
Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

Hello, I have a question hoping someone can help.
I have a Deadpool premium and I've noticed on about 50% of the shots the little deadpool targets when hit hard won't drop. I did a test and if I tap them with my finger they go down all the time. It seems that maybe if it's hit too hard.. the impact keeps them up and doesn't let the spring pull them down.. Not sure exactly what's going on but I'm hoping someone else noticed this and has a fix I can implement.
Thanks for the help in advance.

Get a new ledge from pinball life.. it's the plastic piece that holds the drop targets in place also replace the springs on the targets with the Ghostbusters target fix ones from coin taker I think, and then put a small drop of Super lube in the washer channel in the back of each Target...I did all of these fixes when I was putting my translucent targets on and now I'd say 95% of the time, my Target's drop, even with rocket shots... I did turn down my flipper power to about 245 also since I'm using fans on my coils, I can make the snikt shots and the orbits the same andeverything is super fast... just slightly less power so ass not to brick the drops

#13650 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

I think I confirmed from just watching this video that boom will NOT collect super jackpot in Ninja multiball.

Correct that it does not, but I think there might be a setting to enable this.

Rob

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
There are 16,195 posts in this topic. You are on page 273 of 324.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/273?hl=mbl1116 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.