(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,264 posts
  • 1,090 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 48 minutes ago by mIkea
  • Topic is favorited by 555 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg
dp27 (resized).jpg
dp16 (resized).jpg
IMG_2260 (resized).jpg
IMG_2259 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,264 posts in this topic. You are on page 271 of 326.
#13502 1 year ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Do you have a picture of your star posts? Just curious if swapping to a star post so we could light it up would change the geometry of the slings?

Just saw this - I'll try to remember to get a picture for you.

Quoted from adam12hicks:

For those who have powdercoated - I haven't done a lock bar with the rivets before. I see Pinball life has new lock bars for $99 which I might grab and have done vs. drilling out the old one, but for as many tools as I own and have used, I've never used a rivet gun. Is the process of re-applying the Boom plate pretty simple? Thanks!

I didn't quite like the look of using screws, so followed this technique to reuse the rivets. Worked pretty well though there is a tiny bit of play with the plastic.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-off-your-powder-coated-machines-here/page/34#post-6433715

Quoted from WeirPinball:

Also have this one I can use with a hammer to curl the end in difficult spots
[quoted image]

Probably an even easier way right here.

#13503 1 year ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Just my opinion, but I think pop rivets look like shit and that is right in your face as you step up. to each his own.

big-lebowski-the-dude.gifbig-lebowski-the-dude.gif
#13504 1 year ago

Here is mine with rivets

DSCN3594 (resized).JPGDSCN3594 (resized).JPG
#13505 1 year ago

Speaker lights and under-cab/backbox lights from
Mythic Pinball. Fire effect is awesome.

11897C6C-31B8-4138-A07D-5B0DE009E98F (resized).jpeg11897C6C-31B8-4138-A07D-5B0DE009E98F (resized).jpeg
#13506 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

Speaker lights and under-cab/backbox lights from
Mythic Pinball. Fire effect is awesome.

Nice Zombie Yeti lineup right there! Also, nice keychain on your DP

#13507 1 year ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Deadpool is a fantastic game. It would be my 2nd last to leave. I agree that the battles can get receptive but you can focus on other things first if

Do you have a picture of your star posts? Just curious if swapping to a star post so we could light it up would change the geometry of the slings?

Curious, which of your games do you put ahead of Deadpool? I’m guessing TMNT, but that’s only because it’s one of the games I’d like to try next.

#13508 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Curious, which of your games do you put ahead of Deadpool? I’m guessing TMNT, but that’s only because it’s one of the games I’d like to try next.

TNA would be the last to leave. It is the game I have the most fun playing with other people. Co-op is incredible and it is easy enough to teach to anyone yet complex enough to still be challenging for me. Plus incredible music and light show.

#13509 1 year ago

Can someone please tell me where this part is from? I found it in the loop (under the left ramp)?

One screw and an metal piece in an “L” shape.

Much appreciate any help! The machine only has 100 plays!!!

F5746691-B809-4451-BDCC-5CD3805DFC9C (resized).jpegF5746691-B809-4451-BDCC-5CD3805DFC9C (resized).jpeg

Edit: I’m pretty sure it’s part of the Deadpool in the hammock plastic over the left ramp because that whole plastic that stops the ball from flying off is loose now.

#13510 1 year ago
Quoted from chaz009:

Can someone please tell me where this part is from?

I don’t see anything on the hammock area that resembles that part. It looks like the wall in the loop under that left ramp. Here is a poor picture on mine…

118EF33D-9DB0-4B77-91AA-E45E352E7F08 (resized).jpeg118EF33D-9DB0-4B77-91AA-E45E352E7F08 (resized).jpeg

#13511 1 year ago
Quoted from bajm:

I don’t see anything on the hammock area that resembles that part. It looks like the wall in the loop under that left ramp. Here is a poor picture on mine…
[quoted image]

Thank you for your reply. I also thought it could be a part of the loop wall but I believe this remains intact.

A31FB5F9-BF89-4718-A74A-C0E775DDA947 (resized).jpegA31FB5F9-BF89-4718-A74A-C0E775DDA947 (resized).jpeg
#13512 1 year ago
Quoted from chaz009:

Can someone please tell me where this part is from? I found it in the loop (under the left ramp)?
One screw and an metal piece in an “L” shape.
Much appreciate any help! The machine only has 100 plays!!!
[quoted image]
Edit: I’m pretty sure it’s part of the Deadpool in the hammock plastic over the left ramp because that whole plastic that stops the ball from flying off is loose now.

Start here, a rash of people had these fall off their machines that were made in the last build. I think there are even more detailed post, but this one will point you in the right direction.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/259#post-6941122

#13513 1 year ago

^yep! I bet that’s it! I can feel a piece under my ramp exit in that shape.

#13514 1 year ago

Following

#13515 1 year ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

Start here, a rash of people had these fall off their machines that were made in the last build. I think there are even more detailed post, but this one will point you in the right direction.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/259#post-6941122

Thank you so much! That’s the piece. So if it’s just for alignment of the ramps I’m not too worried. Seems weird and unnecessary. I’ll keep an eye on it.

Now my next question … is the plastic over the left ramp (where it keeps the ball from flying) supposed to be somewhat loose on the left side? I tightened the two screws on top and it made it tighter but still has a bit of wiggle.

#13516 1 year ago
Quoted from chaz009:

Thank you so much! That’s the piece. So if it’s just for alignment of the ramps I’m not too worried. Seems weird and unnecessary. I’ll keep an eye on it.
Now my next question … is the plastic over the left ramp (where it keeps the ball from flying) supposed to be somewhat loose on the left side? I tightened the two screws on top and it made it tighter but still has a bit of wiggle.

Just pulled the glass off and the Deadpool plastic with the chimichangas and the DP hammock on it is nice and snug. Maybe the hex post under the center screw is loose? Picture is for demo purposes only

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#13517 1 year ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

Just pulled the glass off and the Deadpool plastic with the chimichangas and the DP hammock on it is nice and snug. Maybe the hex post under the center screw is loose? Picture is for demo purposes only [quoted image]

I tightened it and I think it's fine. There's still a bit of wiggle but I'm thinking that's probably how it was intended, otherwise how would the hammock sway when you shoot the ramp?

#13518 1 year ago

Love my Deadpool but gotta say, I’m not a fan of the “Special ends game” feature. Anyone else feel the same?

#13519 1 year ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Love my Deadpool but gotta say, I’m not a fan of the “Special ends game” feature. Anyone else feel the same?

I’ll bite. What are you talking about?

#13520 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I’ll bite. What are you talking about?

Scoring a special causes the game to shut off and re-boot. Is it a known software glitch or is just my machine?

#13521 1 year ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Scoring a special causes the game to shut off and re-boot. Is it a known software glitch or is just my machine?

In the 1900 plays I have, I can’t say I recall ever getting or lighting the special

#13522 1 year ago

Wait don’t you get the special for defeating Mr Sinister? If so, I think that’s by design? Hell, I’m the wrong person to ask lol

#13523 1 year ago

I've lit the special with a mystery award and it just gives me the special award when collected(i have mine set to award points) it doesn't reset the game.

#13524 1 year ago

I have also earned the special via the Mystery reward numerous times and collecting it does not reset my game.

Re-installing code would be my first suggestion and if that doesn't work a full SD card reformatting.

#13525 1 year ago

Special definitely should not reset the game.

#13526 1 year ago

Here is a visual breakdown of the Hellhouse scoop without and with Sorbothane. Was it required? No, but I would get straight shot bounce-outs about every third or fourth direct shot, and I didn't want to turn down the flipper power below 235 because it affected my ability to make the "snikt!" shot. After the install, it reminded me of a wide receiver wearing slightly sticky gloves. Does it feel like cheating? I don’t think so. The scoop just seems to have “softer hands” when catching the ball. We shall see how well it holds up to the light use of home play. I may need to turn up my Hellhouse eject power up a little from the current setting of 230.
-Lb

.08” thickness
70 Durometer
Part #: 0206080-70

#13527 1 year ago

Hooked always makes cool pop bumper caps and this disco ball is dam cool

20220709_210300 (resized).jpg20220709_210300 (resized).jpg20220709_210331 (resized).jpg20220709_210331 (resized).jpg
#13528 1 year ago

Anyone get this DP hammock mod from Modfather? Thoughts? Also.. just finished up all my installs.. happy with the results.

20220702_174038 (resized).jpg20220702_174038 (resized).jpg20220709_191746 (resized).jpg20220709_191746 (resized).jpgdp_hammock_dude_large (resized).pngdp_hammock_dude_large (resized).png
#13529 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Anyone get this DP hammock mod from Modfather? Thoughts? Also.. just finished up all my installs.. happy with the results.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Damn those mirror blades look sharp

#13530 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Damn those mirror blades look sharp

Thanks.. I usually go with mirrors. Stranger things got art blades, but all my others are mirrors.

#13531 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Thanks.. I usually go with mirrors. Stranger things got art blades, but all my others are mirrors.

Do you think the mirror blades add more light? My game came with art but I’m thinking of swapping to mirror blades if it would brighten up the playfield a little.

#13532 1 year ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Do you think the mirror blades add more light? My game came with art but I’m thinking of swapping to mirror blades if it would brighten up the playfield a little.

Definitely makes the game feel more open and wider if that makes sense. There's more light reflection which seems brighter to me as well. I also always go with clear rubbers to brighten the playfield as well (although I did leave the red posts) on DP.

Best comparison I can provide (note the chimichanga truck was not in one, and the flame mod was in the other.)

20220628_220435 (resized).jpg20220628_220435 (resized).jpg20220702_174029 (resized).jpg20220702_174029 (resized).jpg

#13533 1 year ago

Hello, I know this issue has been beaten to death, but I'm having problems with my snikt target. It registers great when it is in a similar position to the examples in previous posts, but after a game or two it shifts over closer to the wolverine shot ball guide and stops registering effectively on made snikt shots.

I can easily scoot it over and it works great for a game or two before taking some slams and shifting over again. My question is regarding the anti lean brackets mentioned. Will that fix my literal shifting? I just noticed it mentioning "sway" but like I said, I can completely shift it either direction with little force, and wanted to see if that was a different issue altogether.

#13534 1 year ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

Here is a visual breakdown of the Hellhouse scoop without and with Sorbothane. Was it required? No, but I would get straight shot bounce-outs about every third or fourth direct shot, and I didn't want to turn down the flipper power below 235 because it affected my ability to make the "snikt!" shot. After the install, it reminded me of a wide receiver wearing slightly sticky gloves. Does it feel like cheating? I don’t think so. The scoop just seems to have “softer hands” when catching the ball. We shall see how well it holds up to the light use of home play. I may need to turn up my Hellhouse eject power up a little from the current setting of 230.
-Lb
.08” thickness
70 Durometer

Nice vid. Sorbothane is my new go-to for mitigating unintended bouncing behavior. It’s great at keeping left orbit shots on the katana for Prem DP machines.

I’ll need to try this out the scoop.

#13535 1 year ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

-Lb
.08” thickness
70 Durometer

25$? This stuff works the same. I use it on all kinds of stuff. 13$ for a ton of sheets. Just had to add it to LZ for left scoop rejects.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B081PLWXXX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

#13536 1 year ago

Does anyone yoyokopter discoball installed with the new code ? Looks awesome. But wonder how it performs it looks like turns and reacts to the lights.

Is this mod any good.

#13537 1 year ago
Quoted from Oleboy:

Hello, I know this issue has been beaten to death, but I'm having problems with my snikt target. It registers great when it is in a similar position to the examples in previous posts, but after a game or two it shifts over closer to the wolverine shot ball guide and stops registering effectively on made snikt shots.
I can easily scoot it over and it works great for a game or two before taking some slams and shifting over again. My question is regarding the anti lean brackets mentioned. Will that fix my literal shifting? I just noticed it mentioning "sway" but like I said, I can completely shift it either direction with little force, and wanted to see if that was a different issue altogether.

I 3D printed a target support. After 500 games, it hasn’t moved out of place yet.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3d-printing-sharing-thread-lets-better-the-hobby/page/39#post-6884065

#13538 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

There is an upgraded disco ball and RGB lighting mod in the works

J85M Curious to hear if there is any update on this!?

#13539 1 year ago

I just noticed after almost two months of owning my Premium that the disco ball LEDs weren't shining on it very good. While in test mode I bent the LED brackets with pliers to point them directly onto the ball, now it lights up the room when turned on it looks awesome.

It would be really cool if it could be set to randomly turn on in attract mode. The game goes dark and the disco ball lights up.

#13540 1 year ago

I just found a piece of the mirror ball on the playfield. April run. Yeesh.

#13541 1 year ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

I just found a piece of the mirror ball on the playfield. April run. Yeesh.

Took delivery of a NIB Premium today and everything is great apart from the disco ball - absolutely shocking quality given the price of the machine. It’s incredibly uneven, soft to the touch and pieces are hanging off:

61EC46F5-DFD0-4579-AC43-7151E7B16D55 (resized).png61EC46F5-DFD0-4579-AC43-7151E7B16D55 (resized).png

Does anyone sell higher quality replacements?

#13542 1 year ago

Damn that is dissapointing. Should be receiving my NIB Pro today, fingers crossed its all ok.

#13543 1 year ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Took delivery of a NIB Premium today and everything is great apart from the disco ball - absolutely shocking quality given the price of the machine. It’s incredibly uneven, soft to the touch and pieces are hanging off:
[quoted image]

Quoted from Mr_H:

J85M Curious to hear if there is any update on this!?

J85M mentioned that a mod might be coming? I'm hanging out for this and hopefully it works for a Pro.

#13544 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_H:

Damn that is dissapointing. Should be receiving my NIB Pro today, fingers crossed its all ok.

You'll be fine, it hasn't got the disco ball.

#13545 1 year ago

Emailed Stern and they got back to me pretty much immediately saying that it was unacceptable and to contact my distributor for a warranty replacement. Not entirely sure why they can't just send one out direct but Stern being Stern I guess? Either way if a better quality option is out there I'm def interested.

#13546 1 year ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Emailed Stern and they got back to me pretty much immediately saying that it was unacceptable and to contact my distributor for a warranty replacement. Not entirely sure why they can't just send one out direct but Stern being Stern I guess? Either way if a better quality option is out there I'm def interested.

Our disco ball was like that. We just stuck the pieces back on with silicon.

Your distro is responsible for all your warranty and should be your first point of call. That is the same for us in Australia. That is how it works nowdays. Hopefully your distro has a spare otherwise you will be waiting a while..

It is an awesome game. Have fun.

#13547 1 year ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

[quoted image]

So... Mine came with some missing pieces and flat spots but not terrible... Stern warranty replaced with new ball after a 7 month wait.. Yep 7 months... however

The metal hollow post that goes through the ball was not included, the ball is styrofoam and not pre-holed..and when I tried to line up the north and south poles of the ball to accommodate the hollow shaft from my old ball, I realized the new ball was completely lopsided and actually worse than my first one...

I then went online and searched Amazon for 2 inch disco balls.. now I'm not accusing Stern of pulling a cake topper JJP move... But the balls online look identical to the DP balls, and I wouldn't be surprised

I may just order a pack of 12 and have some spares...

https://www.amazon.com/Decoration-Hanging-Ornament-Christmas-Decorations/dp/B07ST1RKBD/ref=mp_s_a_1_6

#13548 1 year ago

my pro was delivered today...shooter rod seems weak (guessing it's misaligned), and the glare is rough, otherwise, a great game

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#13549 1 year ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

shooter rod seems weak (guessing it's misaligned)

Is your manual plunge weak or auto plunge?

If it is auto plunge, check the alignment of the forks that touch the ball. The other thing I have found to make a difference is the alignment of your playfield in the cabinet. At the back of the playfield there is a little bit of play on either side that can make the difference of the ball rattling out of the gate and taking speed off of it.

#13550 1 year ago
Quoted from Smack:

Is your manual plunge weak or auto plunge?
If it is auto plunge, check the alignment of the forks that touch the ball. The other thing I have found to make a difference is the alignment of your playfield in the cabinet. At the back of the playfield there is a little bit of play on either side that can make the difference of the ball rattling out of the gate and taking speed off of it.

manual, it's rattling before it even gets to the back, which i'm guessing is just a misalignment

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Parsippany, NJ
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

6,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 16,264 posts in this topic. You are on page 271 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/271 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.