(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,266 posts
  • 1,090 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Nicholastree
  • Topic is favorited by 555 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg
dp27 (resized).jpg
dp16 (resized).jpg
IMG_2260 (resized).jpg
IMG_2259 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,266 posts in this topic. You are on page 269 of 326.
#13401 1 year ago

Just to clarify, I am talking about battle selection before the mode starts. Just making sure that they do not light up or change at that point.

Thanks!

#13402 1 year ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

4 years ago my wife told me she wanted another kid. Deadpool was just announced as the next game so my response was "yeah and I want the new Deadpool LE."
Fast forward 8 months and change and my son arrived on a Monday and Deadpool LE came that Friday.
Knowing we were moving shortly I didn't open it. At the next house I never had a chance to finish setting up the game room so DP sat in it's box waiting. We moved again to a bigger house with a better game room. Deadpool still waiting in box. January for my birthday I was determined to set it up. That's as far as I got. I wouldn't let anyone touch it until the Cliffys and mods were installed. Life happens and months go by, partially because I decided to wait and toyed with the idea of selling it because how insane prices are.
Yesterday, 3 years after Deadpool was delivered, at my son's 3rd birthday party he was the first to play it. It only seemed appropriate since he was the reason I got it in the first place.
[quoted image]

Dude. Amazing story. I love it. Cool to see the little man before and after. Enjoy your kids. Time flies.

#13403 1 year ago
Quoted from Jay_Killjoy:

Just to clarify, I am talking about battle selection before the mode starts. Just making sure that they do not light up or change at that point.
Thanks!

I completely mis-read your initial post but in my initial response those are the shots you gotta hit for those modes

As attyrhodes said, during the mode selection the shots do not light up at all to give you an indication as to what you will need to hit. The only thing that changes are the highlighted Battle/Quest on the inserts and the back of the playfield to indicate who is actively chosen.

#13404 1 year ago

My Pinmonk mods are arriving today. I also have some pinstadiums, I need to change the hookups. I cant wait for my next day off to install of them

#13405 1 year ago

FYI, Cointaker has toppers in stock for one of the cheaper prices out there. Got mine a couple weeks ago, like it better than I thought I would.

#13406 1 year ago

Stupid question...probably very stupid.

Just picked up my DP over a week ago, and after starting a game, what are the blue flashing inserts that show up sometimes? Not the team-ups, but the larger inserts. Sometimes there's just one...sometimes more. They are timined it seems.

#13407 1 year ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

Stupid question...probably very stupid.
Just picked up my DP over a week ago, and after starting a game, what are the blue flashing inserts that show up sometimes? Not the team-ups, but the larger inserts. Sometimes there's just one...sometimes more. They are timined it seems.

Those are ninja shots, they appear at random locations after so many pop bumper hits. They add to bonus at the end of ball and I believe there is an extra ball if you can collect 50 of them.

#13408 1 year ago

Giving a solid 2 CHIMICHANGAS for Hurry Up Pinball Mod that I received and installed this weekend.
I received the Left Ramp Protector with .50 Caliber bullets ( looks amazing and easy to install )
.......Just don't lose the 2 small black spacers.
Already received numerous compliments.

#13409 1 year ago
Quoted from lazySUNBATHER:

Giving a solid 2 CHIMICHANGAS for Hurry Up Pinball Mod that I received and installed this weekend.
I received the Left Ramp Protector with .50 Caliber bullets ( looks amazing and easy to install )
.......Just don't lose the 2 small black spacers.
Already received numerous compliments.

When I installed it, I had no idea about the spacers. I was extremely lucky when I knocked them over they didnt go far. It is a very nice upgrade over the clear plastic.

#13410 1 year ago

Hey guys. I'm considering a Deadpool Premium. Enjoyed it at my friend's house, but have very little time on it. Do you guys think Deadpool has legs like Metallica, Lord of the Rings, Spiderman, etc? I try to avoid pins that get old fast. Too repetitive, all flash, etc. Deadpool is flashy and sensory overload, kind of like the new GNR, but does it grab you and keep you coming back?

#13411 1 year ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Hey guys. I'm considering a Deadpool Premium. Enjoyed it at my friend's house, but have very little time on it. Do you guys think Deadpool has legs like Metallica, Lord of the Rings, Spiderman, etc? I try to avoid pins that get old fast. Too repetitive, all flash, etc. Deadpool is flashy and sensory overload, kind of like the new GNR, but does it grab you and keep you coming back?

your definitely in the wrong thread to ask BUT it's seriously definitely a keeper.

The modes can get a bit repetitive, but after that, its all keep.

#13412 1 year ago
Quoted from northerndude:

your definitely in the wrong thread to ask BUT it's seriously definitely a keeper.

Who knows this pin better than you guys? Surely, some of you possess objectivity.

#13413 1 year ago

Who knows this pin better than you guys? Surely, some of you possess objectivity.

Ok ill bite. I have 10 pins and you can see them listed in my profile. If I could only keep one it's Deadpool. Does that help?

#13414 1 year ago

I’ve only owned a couple of pins more than once. Dp I have had every model and my premium is bolted to the ground. I’m not letting it go again. We love it and insider connect adds to some fun progression item collection

#13415 1 year ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Ok ill bite. I have 10 pins and you can see them listed in my profile. If I could only keep one it's Deadpool. Does that help?

It does, especially considering your collection. You've got some of my favorites. I bailed on Halloween due to quality concerns. Deadpool is feeling like a better choice.

#13416 1 year ago

I have 1 pin mostly due to not having the room to have some more. It would be a lie if I said that I had never thought of moving it cause there have been times when I am more interested in something new or different or have burnt out a bit on Deadpool. Having said that, this game still makes me smile and laugh because it is fun and has a ton of personality, and any burn out I have felt has faded pretty quickly after taking a short break.

I find the rules fun and while not incredibly deep there are many ways to approach the game for score or progress or whatever you want to achieve. So in a multi pin collection I don't think you can go wrong if you already like Deadpool.

#13417 1 year ago

I'd say so. I've owned it in one shape or form for 3+ years. Had a premium when it came out, traded it for a grail game. Picked up a pro soon after after missing it, and recently bought a NIB premium last month and sold the pro. To me it's one of those games that never gets old no matter how many times I play it. Still have yet to beat it and I'm halfway decent... just keep the outlanes opened all the way and a steepish pitch and you're looking at years of fast stupid fun. I'm in love with the shots and the audio and code choreography is amazing. It's not super deep but has lots of stacking potential and side modes.

I kind of loved it the first time I played it, if it connects with you I'd say go for it. Easy enough to sell down the line, it's a well loved game and presume they will stop making them eventually.

#13418 1 year ago

DP was my first pin 3+ years ago. I have bought and sold many machines in that time, including Spiderman (pretty average). Deadpool is still here and still amongst the top 5 in my 25 game collection.

Leave those doubts behind. If you are lucky enough to get one in these last few possibilities new, take it.

You cannot find a Deappool second hand in Australia, they just never come up.

#13419 1 year ago

Tech issue: drop targets coil goes off multiple times when they reset. Location game, been there a month and worked fine the first day (league night) before I went on vacation. @150 plays. Any ideas what might cause this? Thanks all!

#13420 1 year ago

You guys rock. Thanks for taking the time to respond. I will heed your collective wisdom and track one down.

#13421 1 year ago

You guys rock. Thanks for taking the time to respond. I will heed your collective wisdom and track one down.

Deadpool is the rare game that puts it all together - it doesn't have a weakness! Most games are lacking in at least one category - shots, code, music, video, etc....

I've had mine for almost 3 years and put over 5500 games played on it and have only "beat" it a handful of times, so it is also difficult to master.

It's great for home use and it's a keeper!

#13422 1 year ago

It's also the last Stern with that style art before they went to melted crayons. So that's gotta be worth something too?

#13423 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

It's also the last Stern with that style art before they went to melted crayons. So that's gotta be worth something too?

How does this art style differ from other recent Zombie Yeti games such as Avengers or Godzilla? I don't doubt there is a difference but I have not paid too close of attention.

#13424 1 year ago
Quoted from Smack:

How does this art style differ from other recent Zombie Yeti games such as Avengers or Godzilla? I don't doubt there is a difference but I have not paid too close of attention.

I have my GZ right next to my DP and I have to say, DP is in a class all by itself. The art on that pin is just perfect, probably the best art package in pinball to date IMHO

#13425 1 year ago
Quoted from Smack:

You could pay attention rather than asking me to explain it?

#13426 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Tech issue: drop targets coil goes off multiple times when they reset. Location game, been there a month and worked fine the first day (league night) before I went on vacation. @150 plays. Any ideas what might cause this? Thanks all!

It's having trouble hooking the targets on the ledge. There are some posts discussing this. Bend the targets forward aggressively. On one set of mine I ended up putting washers behind the ledge.

#13427 1 year ago

I bought Lucxor’s awesome Katana mod secondhand off the marketplace but it didn’t come with any installation instructions. Can anyone help with the install.

#13428 1 year ago
Quoted from glpinball:

It's having trouble hooking the targets on the ledge. There are some posts discussing this. Bend the targets forward aggressively. On one set of mine I ended up putting washers behind the ledge.

Thanks for the reply. They're not dropping though, after the first pop. Did you see the video? I'm not seeing it as if they are failing to lock in the up position.

#13429 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Thanks for the reply. They're not dropping though, after the first pop. Did you see the video? I'm not seeing it as if they are failing to lock in the up position.

Well that was my issue. Seems like yours are staying up so not sure. Would make me guess it's not detecting they are all up so not sure if there is a switch or something it uses to detect this.

#13430 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

You could pay attention rather than asking me to explain it?

Thanks!

Art can be subjective, I was curious as to what you see as being drastically different, especially given 2 are Marvel properties.

Sorry for putting you out

#13431 1 year ago
Quoted from Smack:

Thanks!
Art can be subjective, I was curious as to what you see as being drastically different, especially given 2 are Marvel properties.
Sorry for putting you out

Haven't put me out, but if you know that art is subjective you wouldn't have asked me to justify my view, let alone while admitting you haven't even made an effort to understand it.

#13432 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Haven't put me out, but if you know that art is subjective you wouldn't have asked me to justify my view, let alone while admitting you haven't even made an effort to understand it.

I was just asking for your opinion, that's it. My apologies if that came across as a demand for justification. This has been a pretty friendly thread in general where people help each other out so I honestly didn't think it would elicit this kind of response.

I've seen the art packages and thought, "yup that's ZY," but clearly have not scrutinized further. When I asked the initial question all I was expecting was a key point or two to look out for.

#13433 1 year ago
Quoted from Smack:

I was just asking for your opinion, that's it. My apologies if that came across as a demand for justification. This has been a pretty friendly thread in general where people help each other out so I honestly didn't think it would elicit this kind of response.
I've seen the art packages and thought, "yup that's ZY," but clearly have not scrutinized further. When I asked the initial question all I was expecting was a key point or two to look out for.

How am i not friendly? Do you mistake aggression in something i've said?

I'd already given my opinion in the first post, you asked for justification of that opinion. There's no way you could interpret it otherwise. You are still asking for justification in a 'key point or two' without bothering to look for yourself.

I just said that i don't see a point in justifying a subjective opinion.

Move along sir.

#13434 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

How am i not friendly? Do you mistake aggression in something i've said?
I'd already given my opinion in the first post, you asked for justification of that opinion. There's no way you could interpret it otherwise. You are still asking for justification in a 'key point or two' without bothering to look for yourself.
I just said that i don't see a point in justifying a subjective opinion.
Move along sir.

Your post did come off super-flippant and jerkish.

#13435 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

Your post did come off super-flippant and jerkish.

Which one upset you mate i have hundreds of posts in this thread? All i did was make a comment on art?

You are the one calling people names because you misinterpreted me.

#13436 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

I bought Lucxor’s awesome Katana mod secondhand off the marketplace but it didn’t come with any installation instructions. Can anyone help with the install.

There are two black screws with washers on the left side of the Katana handle that you have to remove. Be careful not to drop any of it, I used a magnetic Philips head screw drive and a micro fiber cloth underneath the handle. Then slowly lift up the left side of the plastic katana handle and slowly rotate it all clockwise & a touch to the right. You will clear the tabs on the right side that are inserted into the right side of the katana handle. Do everything in reverse with the existing screws and the Lucxor katana handle, don't forget to choose what color gel to install.

Side Note: I removed my Dinopool because it was in my way (same deal remove two black screws), The directions also warned to be aware of the Wolverine plastic...so don't break it.

Additional Side Note: My Lucxor katana handle wasn't catching the tabs on the right side as securely as I would have liked so I cut two small pieces of 3M Double Sided tape and made a hole in the center of them and stuck them on the inside of the Lucxor Katana Handle over the screw holes. Then stuck a washer (#6 size I think) to the inside of the tape and installed the handle. The spacer that the washer became allowed for a more secure latching of the handle.

hope this helps.

01 handle (resized).png01 handle (resized).pngdp (resized).jpgdp (resized).jpg
#13437 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I have my GZ right next to my DP and I have to say, DP is in a class all by itself. The art on that pin is just perfect, probably the best art package in pinball to date IMHO

I agree. IMO it's got an edgy vibe with just enough color. I really like the comic style art. I think I understand Punkin's melted crayon comment. Avengers, Tmnt, Godzilla...they seem more cartoony? Brighter colors? Softer edges? I love tmnt artwork, but DP is definitely on another level. Those are my initial thoughts.

#13438 1 year ago
Quoted from durgee7:

I agree. IMO it's got an edgy vibe with just enough color. I really like the comic style art. I think I understand Punkin's melted crayon comment. In my own words, Avengers, Tmnt, Godzilla...they seem more cartooney? Brighter colors? Softer edges? I love tmnt artwork, but DP is definitely on another level. Those are my initial thoughts.

Thanks for the insight @durgee7! That makes a lot of sense from what I can recall from those art packages. Especially TMNT.

#13439 1 year ago

Personally I still think Ghostbusters is still Yeti's best art, but this one is a VERY close second. Also yes, although it is comic artwork, it does seem to be slightly less "cartoony" than Avengers/TMNT (which quite honestly are also bloody amazing, no-one makes a playfield pop like ZY).

#13440 1 year ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

There are two black screws with washers on the left side of the Katana handle that you have to remove. Be careful not to drop any of it, I used a magnetic Philips head screw drive and a micro fiber cloth underneath the handle. Then slowly lift up the left side of the plastic katana handle and slowly rotate it all clockwise & a touch to the right. You will clear the tabs on the right side that are inserted into the right side of the katana handle. Do everything in reverse with the existing screws and the Lucxor katana handle, don't forget to choose what color gel to install.
Side Note: I removed my Dinopool because it was in my way (same deal remove two black screws), The directions also warned to be aware of the Wolverine plastic...so don't break it.
Additional Side Note: My Lucxor katana handle wasn't catching the tabs on the right side as securely as I would have liked so I cut two small pieces of 3M Double Sided tape and made a hole in the center of them and stuck them on the inside of the Lucxor Katana Handle over the screw holes. Then stuck a washer (#6 size I think) to the inside of the tape and installed the handle. The spacer that the washer became allowed for a more secure latching of the handle.
hope this helps.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks so much! What about the LED’s that came with it? Where do those plug in at?

#13441 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

Thanks so much! What about the LED’s that came with it? Where do those plug in at?

I believe the LEDs are embedded in the metal housing that the handle screws into so you don't need to worry about it. Just remove the old piece of plastic and swap in the new one.

#13442 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

Hello Tick

I did send you an instructions with the installation guide.
I can give you all information about it in pm.

Best regatds Luc

#13443 1 year ago

Cool Kenwood speaker and light kit for my pro. Pinball life. 99 bucks for the kit. Can't beat it

20220701_184013 (resized).jpg20220701_184013 (resized).jpg

#13444 1 year ago

Man that QR sticker is ugly.

#13445 1 year ago

Is someone making a magnet?

#13446 1 year ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Just peel it off.

#13447 1 year ago

Just bought it last week. Was hoping someone was making something like the Godzilla one

20220701_201335 (resized).jpg20220701_201335 (resized).jpg
#13448 1 year ago

Do you think the sticker adds value, or it will be less valuable with it removed?

#13449 1 year ago

I don't care. Was just thinking there was a sticker out there

#13450 1 year ago
Quoted from Strummy:

34132D06-165D-40CB-9080-6800D5567B6A (resized).jpeg34132D06-165D-40CB-9080-6800D5567B6A (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Machine - For Sale
Belmont, MI
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 64.99
There are 16,266 posts in this topic. You are on page 269 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/269 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.