(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,266 posts
  • 1,090 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Nicholastree
  • Topic is favorited by 555 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg
dp27 (resized).jpg
dp16 (resized).jpg
IMG_2260 (resized).jpg
IMG_2259 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,266 posts in this topic. You are on page 267 of 326.
#13301 1 year ago
Quoted from Dalewin:

Add me to the group. Waited patiently for this and it’s finally here. Love it. Got a cool surprise too - George autographed it! Not sure if they are extras from LE run years ago or he just surprises a few owners here and there but pretty cool! As far as issues - glass is fine but menu buttons barely work. Born May 13th, 2022.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where does he sign it? I have one made that same day.

#13302 1 year ago

Hey Everyone!! Just joined the club on Tuesday and picked up a 22' model fully modded with 80 plays on it! Let's just say I haven't had a table pass through that I didn't even turn on my other tables for this many days. How have I not had this table yet! It's too damn good. Glad to be here.

It had some mods I moved around or went a different round on....including this one by Sleal16 (Checko) for the Katana handle. Figured I'd post it here...looks like it goes for 70 bucks? I'll toss it out there for 40$ if anyone wants it. Shipping should be cheap >10$. Let me know if you'd like it. I'll take some pics of it a bit later as I'm feeling lazy.

2022-06-17 11_02_11-Deadpool Katana Handle _ Pinside Shops (resized).png2022-06-17 11_02_11-Deadpool Katana Handle _ Pinside Shops (resized).png

EDIT: SHE'S SOLD.

#13303 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

Where does he sign it? I have one made that same day.

On the bottom of the triangular apron stickers - should be able to see it on the pic I added of that part of the machine.

#13304 1 year ago

Waited almost a year and finally got my DP.

Foam insert missing and it matters.

A8C6295A-B294-47E3-B351-A1505F1E2F2F (resized).jpegA8C6295A-B294-47E3-B351-A1505F1E2F2F (resized).jpegDC14EE0B-866B-42F5-B9A3-9E4049DAF14F (resized).jpegDC14EE0B-866B-42F5-B9A3-9E4049DAF14F (resized).jpeg
#13305 1 year ago
Quoted from kell:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Oof…

At least it is hidden behind the leg until you can get a replacement cab.

#13306 1 year ago

Is the topper worth it? What does it do?

#13307 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

Is the topper worth it? What does it do?

I had no idea it gave a thumbs up or thumbs down which is pretty neat. Other than that...it lights up. It's no BKSOR, but fits nicely with the theme and your other toppers if you're like me. Lol.

#13308 1 year ago
Quoted from kell:

That absolutely sucks and I'm sorry it happened to you. I hope it gets resolved quickly.

As a question to anyone in general...if this happened to you, would you simply want an entire cabinet replacement or would you be satisfied if a $ amount was refunded to you? If the latter, what $ amount (or %) would it take? I don't know how much it would cost to repair something like that, if even an option.

#13309 1 year ago
Quoted from kell:

That sucks. At least it’s the bottom and will be covered by the leg so in all honestly, it shouldn’t effect game value or much at all. Game on I say!

#13310 1 year ago

Just got a brand new pro from most recent run, woo hoo! Playing a few games I’ve noticed the ball guide by the shooter lane is slightly bent, ball has to exit with a bit of force and ball won’t roll back down to the auto plunger, so gets stuck.

Are the lane guides glued in? Can I take some pliers and ever so slightly try and bend the guide? What’s the best way to approach this?

#13311 1 year ago
Quoted from mostater:

That absolutely sucks and I'm sorry it happened to you. I hope it gets resolved quickly.
As a question to anyone in general...if this happened to you, would you simply want an entire cabinet replacement or would you be satisfied if a $ amount was refunded to you? If the latter, what $ amount (or %) would it take? I don't know how much it would cost to repair something like that, if even an option.

I would absolutely take the money and run. Easy cosmetic fix that no one will ever see

#13312 1 year ago

What does the BOOM button even do?

#13313 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

What does the BOOM button even do?

Shakes my entire house

#13314 1 year ago

New owner. I got him on his legs last night & hope to be flipping soon.

In my first quick pass through the cabinet, I found this 10-24 sems lockwasher nut stuck to the subwoofer magnet.

Upon my first glance through the lower cabinet & PF, the only place I see this sort of locknut is on this speaker, but all 4 speaker nuts are installed (& are considerably smaller than 10-24).
Every other nut looks like a nylon insert nut.

Thoughts on where this might go?

Thanks,
-Jason

PXL_20220618_023324263 (resized).jpgPXL_20220618_023324263 (resized).jpg
#13315 1 year ago
Quoted from JPloof:

Just got a brand new pro from most recent run, woo hoo! Playing a few games I’ve noticed the ball guide by the shooter lane is slightly bent, ball has to exit with a bit of force and ball won’t roll back down to the auto plunger, so gets stuck.
Are the lane guides glued in? Can I take some pliers and ever so slightly try and bend the guide? What’s the best way to approach this?

Take a pic and post it up mate, so we can all see which guide exactly your referring too and someone here will give you a fix, if it’s before I go to work I’ll let you know how to remove it etc by looking at my game here.

#13316 1 year ago
Quoted from JPloof:

Mine had that issue, i tried to bend it to no avail so I sanded the guide down a little. Not all balls are the same diameter so had to check that all the balls passed through.

#13317 1 year ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

Mine had that issue, i tried to bend it to no avail so I sanded the guide down a little. Not all balls are the same diameter so had to check that all the balls passed through.

This is a great idea! Why didn’t I think of that (pinside for the win). Didn’t want to pull the ball guide out if glued, don’t want to try and bend to much for fear of playfield damage. Will give this a try. Here is a pic also of the ball getting hung up.

5EC13767-EE62-4AD6-8AEB-29317E9DFE10 (resized).jpeg5EC13767-EE62-4AD6-8AEB-29317E9DFE10 (resized).jpeg
#13318 1 year ago
Quoted from JPloof:

This is a great idea! Why didn’t I think of that (pinside for the win). Didn’t want to pull the ball guide out if glued, don’t want to try and bend to much for fear of playfield damage. Will give this a try. Here is a pic also of the ball getting hung up. [quoted image]

When I looked at my spot, it appeared they already sanded it down a little at factory but still kinda stuck so I just continued sanding.

#13319 1 year ago

Good old stern quality control. Getting protectors on and examine playfield before I really dive in. Coin door was only attached with a single bolt, so one trip to the hardware store already. Now I’ve noticed a loose long screw on the sling and found the culprit. I don’t know the exact name for this (is it a tnut?) or the size, so hopeful someone can point me in the right direction before I head out.

BE3B6171-2869-4B98-814C-7FE2FF359604 (resized).jpegBE3B6171-2869-4B98-814C-7FE2FF359604 (resized).jpeg
#13320 1 year ago
Quoted from JPloof:

Good old stern quality control. Getting protectors on and examine playfield before I really dive in. Coin door was only attached with a single bolt, so one trip to the hardware store already. Now I’ve noticed a loose long screw on the sling and found the culprit. I don’t know the exact name for this (is it a tnut?) or the size, so hopeful someone can point me in the right direction before I head out.
[quoted image]

Check the bottom of the cabinet. You can see by the tine marks that it was hammered in place at some point

#13321 1 year ago
Quoted from JPloof:

[quoted image]

My 48 volt coin door switch (don’t know the official name) was mounted too far away so when the coin door was closed it still would have power disabled, so I had to move over about 1/4 inch.

#13322 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:Check the bottom of the cabinet. You can see by the tine marks that it was hammered in place at some point

Scoured the cabinet, could find it…….

#13323 1 year ago
Quoted from JPloof:

Scoured the cabinet, could find it…….

*EDIT*

Found it! Made its way into the coin box somehow, lol. Today is spent giving the new deadpool some love before it gets some play. Cliffys, plastic protectors, art blades, purple powder coat all done, Luxor handle- will send pics when she’s all done up!

#13324 1 year ago
Quoted from JPloof:

This is a great idea! Why didn’t I think of that (pinside for the win). Didn’t want to pull the ball guide out if glued, don’t want to try and bend to much for fear of playfield damage. Will give this a try. Here is a pic also of the ball getting hung up. [quoted image]

Looking at the pic and obviously I can’t quite see, but is it catching the ball at its fatest diameter only? If so maybe a gentle tap with a rubber mallet/hammer to just knock the main legs of the rail over slightly will do the the stick.

It’s probably hard to see but it’s likely the rail is leaning over into the shooter lane making the gap a little too small for the ball, obviously the area is supposed to be tight but not that tight

#13325 1 year ago

Figured I’d throw this out there for NJ area owners:

Anyone with a DP pro want to trade up to a premium? Assuming it’s a newer build I’d basically just be looking for the difference in MSRP. Mine is from the most recent build, only a handful of plays

#13326 1 year ago

Two questions:

1. What is the recommended flipper strength for this game? Is factory default too strong, or not strong enough?
2. When I shoot the ball through the katana lock shot and it doesn't make it all the way, it rolls down the lane and then always straight down the middle. Seems overly punishing. Do I just need to nudge and save it, or is it a leveling issue?

#13327 1 year ago
Quoted from UCFKnight71:

Two questions:
1. What is the recommended flipper strength for this game?

I've never read her or anywhere of the need to change the flipper power away from the default.

If the ball isn't making the cross the ramp and into the Katana lock, the problem is likely just a less-than-true shot. If the game is pitched right (not more than 7-degrees), a clean shot to the cross ramp will reach the Katana - either to be locked or for a pass-through.

If your game has lots of plays and hasn't been serviced, a flipper rebuild could reclaim some flipper power. New sleeves, stops, and plungers, as well as return springs and bushings, always liven up flippers.

Lastly, there are rejections from the cross ramp that will drain SDTM, but the ball needs just the right amount of pace to do it. A slow rejection will likely fall to the right flipper; a fast one to the left. It needs to be just right to drain SDTM - and therefore, thankfully, it's uncommon. It can't really be adjusted out of the game. If your game is level, right to left, and the pitch is at or near 7-degrees, the risk is always going to be there. I think expecting to save the ball with a deft nudge, the instant it rolls to the edge of that cross-ramp ballguide, is wishful thinking. You're probably better off trying a tip slide (taking a warning in the process). A tip slide (aka tip nudge) is a drastic SDTM save involving raising a flipper and sliding the machine left or right an inch or two to actually bring the flipper tip into the path of the ball to nudge it to the opposite flipper.

#13328 1 year ago

4yro hit the Snikt

20220618_130108.jpg20220618_130108.jpg
#13329 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

I've never read her or anywhere of the need to change the flipper power away from the default.
If the ball isn't making the cross the ramp and into the Katana lock, the problem is likely just a less-than-true shot. If the game is pitched right (not more than 7-degrees), a clean shot to the cross ramp will reach the Katana - either to be locked or for a pass-through.
If your game has lots of plays and hasn't been serviced, a flipper rebuild could reclaim some flipper power. New sleeves, stops, and plungers, as well as return springs and bushings, always liven up flippers.
Lastly, there are rejections from the cross ramp that will drain SDTM, but the ball needs just the right amount of pace to do it. A slow rejection will likely fall to the right flipper; a fast one to the left. It needs to be just right to drain SDTM - and therefore, thankfully, it's uncommon. It can't really be adjusted out of the game. If your game is level, right to left, and the pitch is at or near 7-degrees, the risk is always going to be there. I think expecting to save the ball with a deft nudge, the instant it rolls to the edge of that cross-ramp ballguide, is wishful thinking. You're probably better off trying a tip slide (taking a warning in the process). A tip slide (aka tip nudge) is a drastic SDTM save involving raising a flipper and sliding the machine left or right an inch or two to actually bring the flipper tip into the path of the ball to nudge it to the opposite flipper.

Thanks! I don't think my flippers aren't strong enough, but I've heard that some people lower the flipper strength, so I was curious if that was common for this game.

For the katana lock lane, I always feel like it's a cheap drain.

#13330 1 year ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Figured I’d throw this out there for NJ area owners:
Anyone with a DP pro want to trade up to a premium? Assuming it’s a newer build I’d basically just be looking for the difference in MSRP. Mine is from the most recent build, only a handful of plays

Why can't you be in North Carolina? I bet someone near you will be interested in that trade. Win-win

#13331 1 year ago
Quoted from UCFKnight71:

Two questions:
1. What is the recommended flipper strength for this game? Is factory default too strong, or not strong enough?
2. When I shoot the ball through the katana lock shot and it doesn't make it all the way, it rolls down the lane and then always straight down the middle. Seems overly punishing. Do I just need to nudge and save it, or is it a leveling issue?

I lowered my right flipper strength on the most recent build, felt like I was absolutely abusing the left ramp.

#13332 1 year ago
Quoted from UCFKnight71:

Two questions:

I have a Pro version from the recent April build and I haven’t had to adjust anything in terms of flipper strength. This should be a fast and flowing game. Let the designer choose how they’d like their games to be played.

#13333 1 year ago
Quoted from JPloof:

[quoted image]

I don't recall if the slings use 6-32 or 8-32 screws. Get a small pack of T-nuts in each size to be sure. At the factory they are pounded in from the back. Press the T-nut into the hole enough that it stays put, then use a 10mm deep socket in a short extension and strike it smartly with a hammer like a sculptor chiseling granite. The socket will help spread the load across the hole nut, lowering the risk of drifting it in at a funny angle. Do NOT attempt to strike the back of the nut with the hammer alone. If you miss, you risk doing damage, obviously.

#13334 1 year ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

My 48 volt coin door switch (don’t know the official name) was mounted too far away so when the coin door was closed it still would have power disabled, so I had to move over about 1/4 inch.

Mine too. It worked on first power up, but after adjusting settings & closing the coin door, it wouldn't disable the high voltage.

I just manually tweaked the panel on the inside of the coin door so that it would push the switch a little farther. So far so good (after only about 5 whole plays, so take my fix w/ a grain of salt).

Thanks,
-Jason

#13335 1 year ago

New premium owner. I've never owned a new game or even *seen* a new game.

Powered him up this evening. First brief impression: fantastic. Set it at 7 degrees slope & got lots of clean shots on the katana ramp--so neat.
Phew--I didn't want to have any buyer's remorse...errrr, *traders'* remorse.

3 small items to report, just as an FYI:

1. Mystery 10-24 locknut on the woofer. Haven't found where it goes yet, but this type of locknut (star washer, not nylon insert) seems to be only in the cabinet after poking around a little.

2. Needed to tweak the coin door internal arm to press the high voltage interlock switch a little deeper.

3. One of my 6 balls looked downright ugly: it looked like a series of cracks along the surface, 1 going all the way around, & others branching or intersecting it. I *think* could feel this with my fingernail. I put all 6 balls aside & fed 6 balls from Marco into the game. I'll get some more balls on the way. Yikes.

Thanks,
-Jason

PXL_20220619_024345180 (resized).jpgPXL_20220619_024345180 (resized).jpgdc903f829b68c3ffb5c8b6e8f677041bb098bbec (resized).jpgdc903f829b68c3ffb5c8b6e8f677041bb098bbec (resized).jpgPXL_20220619_013205292 (resized).jpgPXL_20220619_013205292 (resized).jpgPXL_20220619_013215877 (resized).jpgPXL_20220619_013215877 (resized).jpg
#13336 1 year ago

She is finally home 95641B09-8AF9-4DD6-91A9-14DB983FAB4D (resized).jpeg95641B09-8AF9-4DD6-91A9-14DB983FAB4D (resized).jpeg

#13337 1 year ago

Does anyone know what bulbs are linked to flashers. I bought some pin stadiums and I know I can link it up to any of the flashers. It seems like all of them there is a circuit board covering them. Anyone else here have the pin stadiums? What bulbs did you hook up to?

#13338 1 year ago

Hey guys! Found another Mod that wasn't installed and frankly I'm not interested in installing it.

Hell House

25$ + 10$ to ship. Shoot me a message. I'm heading to Post Office to send out Katana handle and can drop it off at the same time. Happy Father's day, Gents!

IMG_5809 (resized).JPGIMG_5809 (resized).JPG

EDIT: SOLD.

#13339 1 year ago

Have had the game for a month and still can't figure out exactly what the BOOM BUTTON does. Anyone?

#13340 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:Have had the game for a month and still can't figure out exactly what the BOOM BUTTON does. Anyone?

It collects the highest value lit shot on the playfield. It will not collect any shot at the scoop, meaning it will not complete a mode or collect a super jackpot in Mech Suit Multiball. Stacking 4 Booms gives you the Big Boom, which will collect all lit shots on the playfield at once.

#13341 1 year ago
Quoted from beergut666:

It collects the highest value lit shot on the playfield. It will not collect any shot at the scoop, meaning it will not complete a mode or collect a super jackpot in Mech Suit Multiball. Stacking 4 Booms gives you the Big Boom, which will collect all lit shots on the playfield at once.

Yes, what he said. And that big boom will collect all lit Weapons (inserts) so be sure to hit a shot to light them up before using the big boom for an additional quick 6-7 weapons added to the bank.

#13342 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

Does anyone know what bulbs are linked to flashers. I bought some pin stadiums and I know I can link it up to any of the flashers. It seems like all of them there is a circuit board covering them. Anyone else here have the pin stadiums? What bulbs did you hook up to?

Hooked mine to left spinner from memory, but i thought it said on the PS site in the instructions back then.

#13343 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Hooked mine to left spinner from memory, but i thought it said on the PS site in the instructions back then.

I just didnt get instructions. Must of accidentally thrown them away. I reached out to them. They are very nice and explained to me what they would recommend. I was also provided with pictures on an actual machine. I do recommend these the new ones they have the "Atom" they are really thin and the play field holy crap they brighten everything up. I cant wait to get them wired up to that spinner and then I can really watch them go nuts.

#13344 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

I just didnt get instructions. Must of accidentally thrown them away. I reached out to them. They are very nice and explained to me what they would recommend. I was also provided with pictures on an actual machine. I do recommend these the new ones they have the "Atom" they are really thin and the play field holy crap they brighten everything up. I cant wait to get them wired up to that spinner and then I can really watch them go nuts.

Instructions were in this thread somewhere, also listed on their website. But Scott is responsive

#13345 1 year ago

Super mega disco ball. Lol! $20 on EBay. Definitely reflects the light better. Bigger is always better.

908507E4-3CBC-476F-B502-DD6FC9BD2D0C (resized).jpeg908507E4-3CBC-476F-B502-DD6FC9BD2D0C (resized).jpeg
#13346 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Instructions were in this thread somewhere, also listed on their website. But Scott is responsive

I dont know who I was talking to on their website. They were very helpful and responsive. A+ company.

#13347 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

Have had the game for a month and still can't figure out exactly what the BOOM BUTTON does. Anyone?

I typically save mine for battles or quests as they will count as hit shots when used. Outside of that, I may use it if I have an X-times multiplier going. A big boom works well in battles but be careful when using one on quests. On quests, a long press on a big boom is the way to go.

#13348 1 year ago
Quoted from JPloof:

[quoted image]

It likely was installed, then when they put the screw in from the other side, the didn't line it up, forced it, and it pushed the T-Nut out.

#13349 1 year ago

New owner, catching up on my reading here. I'm "only" on p. 74 out of 267.

I want to put the hammock plastic on my Premium, but I find that it blocks too many of the disco sparkles.

I was hoping to adjust the rings to lower him a little, but there's almost zero clearance under the hammock.

I was considering that raising the disco ball or raising Dazzler's spotlight might work.

Has anybody come up with a clever solution?

Thanks,
-Jason

#13350 1 year ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

I'm "only" on p. 74 out of 267.
I want to put the hammock plastic on my Premium, but I find that it blocks too many of the disco sparkles.
I was hoping to adjust the rings to lower him a little, but there's almost zero clearance under the hammock.
I was considering that raising the disco ball or raising Dazzler's spotlight might work.
Has anybody come up with a clever solution?
Thanks,
-Jason

Yes.

Ignore that and look at the flippers.

Blinky lights are good too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 25.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Parsippany, NJ
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

6,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Papillion, NE
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 16,266 posts in this topic. You are on page 267 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/267?hl=knackers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.